IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lostcause.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10834 3 years ago

Joined the club today with a CE, plays great and looks amazing. Another hard game to get to grips with!

5432BC69-D5E5-4F23-AF36-F8B7C9246631 (resized).jpeg5432BC69-D5E5-4F23-AF36-F8B7C9246631 (resized).jpeg
#10880 3 years ago

I’ve just got mine but I find the bass is lacking, no real punch. Looking in the cab I noticed it has a crappy looking 8” 8 ohm speaker.
All the other JJP pins seems to have a beefier 4 ohm sub, just checked spares.
Anyone swopped theirs out? What did you use and did you stick to 8 ohm?
I don’t want to add an external sub. Other pins I have with pinsound and speakers sound pretty decent.

1 month later
#11001 3 years ago

My Bob trap door was stuck open again last night, last time I adjusted the tab so the slightest touch and it dropped.
Seems the problem this time was the metal rod to switch was causing it to move sluggish/stiff so I put a little bit of oil on the two surfaces and now moving freely. Tried bending the switch lever first but was effecting it operating. Seems all good for now.

#11022 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I would love some thoughts from someone who has played DI and Wonka. As I get closer to making my purchase, I have never been able to play a Wonka and I would imagine a Wonka would hold its resale better, but I have played DI and think it’s the most amazing pin I have ever played. Thoughts?

I didn’t get on with Wonka, just didn’t click with me. Did not find it fun.
DI was an instant hit with me, have a lot of fun on it and a favourite here with my kids and grandkids.
You really need to play Wonka. We all like different things.

#11031 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Nope! But I understand why you say this.
The left orbit was a disaster (hahah, DI theme pun intended) until I fixed the trap door! If the flap is broken or the door does lay flat, it's clunky and the ball basically doesn't make it around the orbit.
Once I fixed my trap door (the flap was broken off), it's very smooth and I can make the orbit.
IMHO, Dialed In is VERY smooth.

Yep mine is smooth too.

3 weeks later
#11188 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What determines when the upper playfield diverter drops down?

Also ball lock I believe.

#11292 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

How is the shaker supposed to respond when the game is ringing for multiball? My shaker sounds like a dying cat, I opened the cover of the shaker and noticed it doesn't fully rotate, just powers up and does a half rotation and turns off then drops until the next ring. The shaker works normal during test. It's a pretty annoying sound and feel.

My shaker works fine until the ringing phone, when the ringing stops and it’s on vibrate its you like the shaker was just weird and I thought something was up.
I turned it off for ringing in the settings and now I’m not panicking there is a problem.

#11325 3 years ago

My grandchildren enjoyed a few games after school today, everyone loves this pin. Such great game for the whole family.

1 week later
#11421 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

My girl (don't know her name yet) is squeaky, I have some silicon lube where should I apply it ?

Mine is the same so would be good to know, not looked yet but I did adjust her switch when I first got mine as the diverter was too low and catching the ball.

#11451 3 years ago

Left or right flipper to the phone scoop piece of piss for me but the SIM card shot well let’s just say I’m getting better, it’s a hard shot but not impossible. Practice makes perfect as I’m hitting it more and more.

#11464 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I especially enjoy hitting the Big Bang target straight on and having the ball shoot right into the outhole before you can even blink.

I normally drink while playing and it always gets me too, irresistible

#11490 3 years ago

So do you wear a condom or pullout?
Depends how much drink lol

1 week later
#11529 3 years ago

Is there anyway the screen can sit in any cushioning? Not opened mine yet but will sooner or later as I have a flaky led around the screen.

1 month later
#11680 3 years ago

Is there anything I can do to make the sim shot more from the upper flipper? I have set the power to the lowest setting on the upper flipper and found that the best setting to hit the shot and still makes the ramp shot just. I feel it’s bouncing out like on Indy, think I need to get some slow mo footage to see what’s going on as it would be nice to have more power in the flipper. Cliffy not helping I guess but that’s needed otherwise it will be a mess in there.
Phone shot is sweet even with the cliffy, would be nice for the sim to be the same.

#11683 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

What you have to do is the same thing you need to do to get to Carnegie Hall.
Who knows what you have to do to get to Carnegie Hall?
But in all seriousness, the only thing I have seen people do that they claim has helped is:
Removing the whole cliffy
Removing a piece of the cliffy
Removing the rubber on the post next to the hole
I think I saw that someone recommended using a bit foam tape on the scoop
I think someone may have tweaked the shape/direction of the scoop by bending it
If you are going to remove the cliffy you can use Mylar to protect the playfield. Not as good as the cliffy, but better than nothing.
That hole sure is a pistol, and you really can't beat the rush when you collect a sim card.

I took the small rubber off the top post and slid on a post rubber and didn’t notice any benefit, was going to try next with nothing on it but that might bend the post.
Thought about sticking a bit of lockdown bar foam in there as I have done that on Indy and Robocop but would be annoying if it came off and fell into the subway.
Have seen the modified Cliffy thing but would like to leave as is.
Maybe a flap of something hanging down over hole would keep it in there.
Slo mo footage needed to see what is going on, probably the best place to start.

Collecting the sim from the upper flipper is extremely satisfying probably because it’s so hard to nail it but frustrating when you can’t.

#11687 3 years ago

I have but when it bounces out most of the time with lowest power flipper setting I need to look into it.

#11689 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I think it's bouncing off the sim hole protector. I removed the protector and haven't repeated it again, but it doesn't happen that often. I don't know how else it could've popped up there. It's happened twice in three days though. I tried pounding the protector flat but when I try and install it again it bends up as soon as any pressure is put on it from the posts that screw into it.
I read that cliffy has a better design and sent an email to order that but who knows when it will come in.
I actually posted this in frustration until I guessed what was occurring but wondered if it was a common issue.

Just looked at the Cliffy, it’s now in 2 pieces. The front edge on the original that sticks up has now been separated so should stay flat. That will help.
Damn another cliffy order, had a few recently.

#11690 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m thinking of trading my DILE or a Wonka LE. Good or bad decision?

I didn’t like Wonka when I had a go, maybe I needed more time. I liked DI instantly.

#11696 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Actually, I wasn’t directing that answer at you! I was just answering the question posted by Fnosm...he asked “do you know how you get to Carnegie Hall?”

Apologies, must be going crazy here. I’m going to have to look up Carnegie Hall as I’ve never heard of it and now I need to know.

#11698 3 years ago

Damn, I only have a Rowland and short arms

1 month later
#11784 3 years ago

Got myself some spares today

01D251F5-C73E-4244-8902-8AF06A78B689 (resized).jpeg01D251F5-C73E-4244-8902-8AF06A78B689 (resized).jpeg
#11787 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

How did you get a spare DI pf?

From the same person I bought my DI from.

#11789 3 years ago

I don’t now man, a deal was done probably as the original playfield had issues and shipping back costly. You don’t just get these things for nothing.
But on reflection it looks good to me, thing weighs a ton.

B59500B0-1ABD-4762-AD45-B959E7DF41F9 (resized).jpegB59500B0-1ABD-4762-AD45-B959E7DF41F9 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#11869 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Just about a question about the LED board of the phone: are there LEDS facing outside only on the edge around the board or is there also a second row facing towards the player? I’m not sure but I think one is dead but the one facing outside on the edge is still lit. Can this be? Does anybody have some insight? The manual only shows LEDs on the edge.

I noticed there was a dim white one on the top left edge, like a power light. I had a dodgy led that when I squeezed the case the correct colours started showing, few good squeezes mainly fixed it. The led board for the phone is about $100 US. Leds face forward on the board.

3 weeks later
#11880 2 years ago

I had the right opto for the theatre come off the other week, one of the tabs broke. I hot glued it back but wondering if that will hold for long due the vibrations from the pops?

#11882 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Does it snap into the stainless steel wall ? Won't hold forever. I've found hot glue, then a piece of black electricians tape over it holds a heck of a lot longer if not forever.
LTG : )

No one of the prongs was half broken so it wouldn’t snap back in properly, got some hot glue in the hole and on the metal then held it on and left for 24 hours before using. Was on there pretty solid. Time will tell. Was easier than I thought it would be to get to it so if it comes off will try something else.

1 week later
#11888 2 years ago

Just sold my CE, was a lot of fun. Best JJP pin. My GC was over 5 mil.

A84F1A54-AE9F-440C-B95D-EA4719E85C47 (resized).jpegA84F1A54-AE9F-440C-B95D-EA4719E85C47 (resized).jpeg
#11897 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Just sold my DILE, the second one I’ve owned. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a round III. Love DI, and feel like I barely scratched the surface. But I wanna try owning an AFM and they aren’t cheap these days! Will miss being in the club.

I didn’t manage to reach the end, was one letter off but seen everything else I think and was amazing. Once I put a piece of Mylar like cover (non sticky) in front and on the sim hole protector it made the shot much easier. AFM is a great game and I was lucky to get a nice restored one for a good price.
Will miss DICE but I couldn’t refuse the sale!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lostcause.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=lostcause and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.