Topic Stats

• 8,774 posts
  • 485 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by DeeGor
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,060 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190816_170413 (resized).jpg
hwinfo (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.21.07 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 14.29.30 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.20.42 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.32.01 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.32.03 (resized).jpg
WP_20190814_11_46_49_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20190814_11_47_04_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_2042 (resized).jpeg
20190812_185207 (resized).jpg
20190812_185419 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190810_163913 (resized).jpg
cpuinfo (resized).jpg
cpuinfo (resized).jpg
20190812_000655 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (1 year ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (1 year ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (1 year ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (1 year ago)

Post #1253 Velcro fix for right ramp hangup Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1258 Detailed pictures for adjusting a misbehaving trap door Posted by foobeer (1 year ago)

Post #1332 Getting access to computer in backbox on Dialed In Posted by hank527 (1 year ago)

Post #1347 Ball trap location. Posted by Kevlar (1 year ago)

Post #1377 Fix for USB at the coin door not working Posted by Pinhead1982 (1 year ago)

Post #1391 Fix for Tilt Bob not working all of a sudden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1431 Adjustment point to grease for trap door to operate smoothly Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Adjusting arm on Quantum Mechanic Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2507 How to get in backbox to check audio connections Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #2661 DIY Lighting how-to for sides of Dialed In backglass Posted by lyonsden (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koops.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5887 9 months ago

Just got my dialed in and the shooter rod hits the auto launcher what should I be adjusting to fix this?

#5894 9 months ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

You should try to adjust the shooter rod. Open the screws and set it to a good position in the cabinet and tighten the screws again. Be careful not to damage the decals.
If this is not enough, you can also bend the auto launcher a bit.

Bingo! That was it thanks!

I’ll have to do my hobbit like that also as it occasionally touches.

#5923 9 months ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Yes. The new animations were announced.

I hope these are going to fix the missing animations on the phone when modes are started.

#6018 9 months ago

Any tips for a new owner to help reduce phone hole rejections?

#6027 9 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Remove the JJP installed protector and either go with no protection or consider installing a mantis style protector (https://mantispinball.com/product/dialed-in-phone-scoop-protector/).
I've fiddled with the original protector (that resulted in many rejects)...then I installed a Cliffy protector (less rejects). Then I removed the Cliffy and had no protector for awhile...no cheap rejects.
Yesterday I installed a mantis protector, which I believe offers a reasonable balance. For this particular hole, I prefer it over the JJP or Cliffy.
HTH,
snaroff

Without trolling through so many pages do you know if anyone has tried removing the left post?

Edit : ok just did it to see what would happen. Little/no difference. Ball seems to hit the vertical metal on the scoop regardless which is what is causing “rejects” on not exactly perfect shots.

Probably old news for everyone else here.

#6035 9 months ago
Quoted from koops:

Without trolling through so many pages do you know if anyone has tried removing the left post?
Edit : ok just did it to see what would happen. Little/no difference. Ball seems to hit the vertical metal on the scoop regardless which is what is causing “rejects” on not exactly perfect shots.
Probably old news for everyone else here.

I spent some time tonight looking at why shots were bricking. It was consistently the scoop vertical reenforcements.

Lifted the pf and looked at the mech. Mine had been installed with a fair bit of slack space behind it for the cables etc. So my guess is that the mech is waaay forward in my machine.

As a test I unscrewed the entire mech and moved it around by hand. It didn’t hit anything else so I moved it as far back as I could go and put in a screw.

This instantly made the phone scoop so much better. I did have to realign the subway from the sim card. It had enough play to only require one end to be moved.

Measurements between old and new position is 7.5mm.

Old
63F6C882-7D0A-4A67-A2F8-CB9E489120B7 (resized).jpeg

New

7996EF82-2CC0-437E-BA29-32C159C241C6 (resized).jpeg4AD24795-CA37-4D0A-8378-595D4A13C1EA (resized).jpeg

FCD43A84-C7EB-4740-8925-C47AE47C6A42 (resized).jpegF7C30969-5556-49A5-B9FE-CB1D05C0A974 (resized).jpegD953B45F-77BA-43E5-89F8-FF69561EB48B (resized).jpegD82C2FC3-AACF-4B05-B154-E8053B2A31C4 (resized).jpegBD9E5877-395F-4BED-90C1-D49E7A186D18 (resized).jpeg9E650993-DCD5-4048-A801-8F96D0634D42 (resized).jpeg8F9F0123-C766-4BB8-881C-2142CDAE3034 (resized).jpeg68DBC9F9-E013-404B-8149-9F3F27E7DEE4 (resized).jpeg4E5C7882-0A0E-4414-B249-A47F07536CEB (resized).jpeg344DF801-BF74-42E0-8FCA-176A6186A724 (resized).jpeg114A5E97-B9DE-4A73-A1AC-9B023E1BE86B (resized).jpeg0906EAF7-C78A-4BE3-B7E6-A15CE2D3551A (resized).jpeg07317086-5A1E-467A-850E-5A3E58238334 (resized).jpeg

#6060 9 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Fascinating. Great work diagnosing this! I just checked my game and my scoop is installed further back than your original position...much closer to your new position.
JJP's overall build quality is very nice, but it's odd to see differences like this between games. I had my share of issues that needed tweaking (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialing-in-dialed-in-le-96).
My game was a very early build...#96. When was your example built?
snaroff

How you can tell when it was built?

#6062 9 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Sticker on the butt of the game...directly under the rear of the backbox. Mine was built on 6/13/2017.
snaroff

Mines 7/20/2017.

#6066 9 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Is the final coming out this coming Monday,or are they waiting to see if there's any bugs in the beta download?

No defined date had been announced.

My guess would be they wait some length of time to see if they find, or get reports, of any show stopper bugs they didn’t already know about.

#6071 9 months ago

Added more pics of the underside of the pf as requested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/121#post-4670653

You will notice the subway support is not fully screwed in, if you do as it pulls it too high so that it traps the ball. I also put the support diagonally so that it was gripping the subway gently and holding it in position better.

Can someone have a look at their factory standard one and see if the scoops tab is inside the subway or outside. It seems like a cleaner ball path if it’s on the outside though.

#6105 9 months ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Ted posted if there were no serious issues or bugs found, a code release should be within a weeks time.
Still say the camera is funky in lottery mode, doesn't see motion no matter how much I move and or how bright the lighting is in the room. Other then that the code has been awesome.

Did you check the options in the menu for the camera?

Have a look you can change some settings and also preview what it is seeing in terms of movement and face detection.

Does anyone know “when” the high score pictures are taken? I thought it would have been when you press start after putting initials in but mine have always been when I’m looking down. Finally got gc and have the worst pic lol!

#6135 9 months ago

Question regarding the front door volume control.

I’ve noticed that you can toggle it’s usage in the menu between a couple of settings.

Is it expected behaviour that you can only turn it down and not up? Do I have a faulty switch?

It would be nice if it could be used to go up to the only the maximum of what was set via the coin door controls.

This would stop someone from making it super loud yet still allow usage up and down.

1 week later
#6300 8 months ago
Quoted from koops:

Question regarding the front door volume control.
I’ve noticed that you can toggle it’s usage in the menu between a couple of settings.
Is it expected behaviour that you can only turn it down and not up? Do I have a faulty switch?
It would be nice if it could be used to go up to the only the maximum of what was set via the coin door controls.
This would stop someone from making it super loud yet still allow usage up and down.

So I figured out my external volume control issue. I logged a ticket but solved it myself before they responded.

It appears that it was wired incorrectly (and I can see why).

Let’s see if anyone else can figure it out

63053CBD-B634-4EF4-B6C7-1136F72913ED (resized).jpeg

#6303 8 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

ground and power wires swapped?

Two of the same (non ground) coloured wires.

Manual says violet/grey and violet/blue

6500932D-8180-4783-AF06-A92493E2A81B (resized).jpeg

Physicially they were both violet/grey and didn’t wire up to the correct socket on the molex connector (human error).

#6331 8 months ago

Got qtmb for the first time last night. Started normal mb while it was running and then started a bob mode. Flasher Madness! I loved it!

#6383 8 months ago

What was the comic like that was supposed to come with the LE’s? Is it the same as the slide show that you can get to in the attract screens?

#6393 8 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/26#post-4048873
For those like me that don't want to go searching.
Thanks for sharing this Nokoro and originally Cooked71 . The rejects are driving me crazy and it is great to have this easy fix.

Haha that’s funny because I looked at that felt the other day and was wondering what it was for. I’d guessed it was something like slowing the ball down but wasn’t sure.

I have cooked71’s old machine!

2 weeks later
#6497 8 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I know this is an old post but I wonder if they are using brushed motors instead of brushless. Brushed fail a lot quicker.

They should also run them slower. It would be a better effect too.

#6570 8 months ago

For that ramp I would have just used a little bit of Mylar if it’s getting hung up. Would blend in better.

I did put some Mylar on the skill shot cliffy as a ball kept getting hung up on it.

#6576 8 months ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok, I might try some mylar on the cliffy to keep it taped down.
Someone else tried some mylar on the ramp but it wouldn't "build up" since its not thick like electrical tape.

I only meant I used mylar on the skillshot cliffy. This was because even when it is flush there is a sharp point that a ball can get hung up on. As you found the phone cliffy has too much strength in it.

As for the thickness, fair enough. Hadn’t had a good enough look at the ramp at what else could help there.

2 months later
#7388 5 months ago

Has anyone tried modifying the sim card rail & entrance to make it better?

Just looking at it in comparison to other games it reminds me of the camera in tz. The camera seems to not be that difficult in comparison.
I don't have my tz anymore so I can't measure it to compare.

Is it a size issue or angle that makes this shot so hard?

#7407 5 months ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

The ball seemed to bounce off the rear metal forward onto the cliffy, pushing the front of the Cliffy up making it raised to the pf.

I wonder if that is one of the root causes. Might see if I can slow mo record that.

1 month later
#7569 4 months ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Greetings. Really enjoying this pin.
Learning the rules and progressing, though I doubt I’ll spell Dialed In anytime soon to start wizard mode.
Anyway, two quick questions:
My pin came without the cliffy on the phone scoop. Previous owner said the shot was hard enough and took it off. However, I decided to put it on to protect a high wear area. Do shots bounce out more often with the cliffy? What are you guys doing there? I like the protection but don’t want shots bouncing out of there.
Also, ball gets caught up behind the QE man on the track pretty regularly. Anything I can do to ensure it bounces off of the back of him and stays in play?
Thanks guys!

What sort of rejects are you getting? soft ones or metal clanging?

Double check that your scoop is far enough back. pics here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/121#post-4670653

I have a fairly early production le and my scoop was waaaay forward so that the metal edges were past the rubbers. This caused no end of rejects.
I moved it and no more rejects and im using a cliffy on that hole.

1 week later
#7615 3 months ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Can anyone share their experience with returning their drones to JJP and getting repairs / replacements. Are the replacements robust on installation or are they best kept turned off. I have sent mine back from Australia and don’t really want to have to pay postage again. Thanks.

I’m just waiting for the same issue to occur. In the meantime I sourced the AliExpress motors previously referenced in this thread. Cheap plus free shipping to Aus. As long as it’s just the motors and not the boards I’ll be fine.

I did also find the source of the drones on ali express so I can replace them if the motors don’t work.

Links : AU $2.21
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cZkWB9vI

AU $12.77 Cx-10 helis
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bLTa8Y00

2 weeks later
#7706 3 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

What exactly did you do to move the Crazy Bob sign?

I have mine in a similar position. I just unscrewed it and moved it.

The only problem is that it can possible catch airballs. As its a home machine I'm not concerned.

2 months later
#8406 22 days ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

How did you get those specs? Is there a menu item for this report?

utilities/ hardware info

#8443 20 days ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

No need to replace the mobo, just swap cpu and thermal paste. Much easier than swapping the board and cheaper. The board is just an MSI H81M-P33.

You may potentially encounter an issue with a cpu swap that you need to work around.

If you think about the system requirements and steps you'd take if you were doing this for a normal pc you'll understand why.

I just happened to coincidentally have a compatible cpu sitting here.

And i don't think the cpu is the issue as the difference between the two listed is fairly small.

2D605208-1D36-4166-B357-309DD399E247 (resized).jpeg

hint : have you tried getting into the mobo bios on a jersey jack machine yet?

#8472 20 days ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

As a test I installed the software on an old i3 dell laptop. Have to use the dongle from the backbox to make it work. And the bios work around isn’t a problem.

No worries you don’t need the password then.

I did this upgrade on my hobbit in an attempt to do real-time video encoding and streaming a couple of years ago. Wasn’t as straight forward as I thought it would be. There are some side effects (ie. you lose the custom jersey jack boot animation etc).

2 weeks later
#8766 20 hours ago

Latest code, celeron cpu, early le build no lag.

People replacing CPU’s and it seemingly fixing the issues are just brute forcing the problem by throwing hardware at it.

I’d wager it’s just a bug, driver incompatibility or new feature if a software upgrade is causing the problem.

I wonder if those with lag have high numbers of games played = longer powered on time = dirty fans = Huge cpu throttling?

With my previous hobbit streaming/splunk hacking I found the the overall cpu utilization from normal game code is very low. I could easily understand why a celeron was chosen. During that same time I was playing around with getting my machine to software encode for streaming. In doing so I could cause it to lag.

For dialed in it has three screens so perhaps that can make the difference if all three are playing at once.

I haven’t installed a splunk forwarder into my dialed in yet. If i could be bothered it would quickly give an idea of how busy the system truely is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,000.00
$ 21.00
$ 50.00
$ 49.00
Machine - For Sale
Stafford, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koops.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside