IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kharri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4623 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

An update for you guys.
I mentioned that the backbox screen and the phone screen went completely black. This happened a second time now. This time during attract mode. I’m assuming they are powered off. I will call JJP tomorrow. I’ve read others talk about the phone going blank, but not the backbox screen too.
I will report back.
Junky

I just got my game NIB and had the backbox display and phone going blank once. Let me know what you find.

1 week later
#4701 5 years ago

I put a ticket in 2 weeks ago. So far no response.

1 week later
#4746 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

check_switch_26 - The Hobbit code has been released now … is a Dialed In update coming real soon?

Why do you think new Dialed-In code is going to be released? Was something mentioned by JJP?

#4749 5 years ago

Hopefully they will add more to the selfie mode too. Would like to save some of them

1 week later
#4849 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Just noticed on my moving target (QED guy),that the left Led is not working.
Ralph

Check the connector behind QED guy. Mine was loose and the LEDs were not lighting. Use the test menu to turn the LEDs on and wiggle some wires and the LED. If all fails you may need to check the LED with an ohm meter.

1 week later
#4918 5 years ago

What COLOR is your Phone?

In particular the RED leds surrounding the phone. You can do this with a self test or when multiball is on the phone. When I got my DI the Red LEDs were red. I had a bad led so they sent me a new board. With the new board the RED leds are ORANGE. Also with the new board the leds aren't as vibrant.

The new board was a -05 and the old one was a -03. I'm thinking they switched to the orange leds.

#4922 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Mine was the other way around, my first phone which lasted 2 days had orange, or at least very pale red leds. The replacement was much more vibrant, the red being very red. I noticed it instantly.

I'm wondering how I can get the RED led board replacement and not the orange one. I'm not sure how to know unless the later revs are orange, in which case that's all you will be able to get.

#4929 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Definitely the other way around. My first phone was from summer 2017 and it was very orange. Replacement was sent in December 2017 and it is red and the colors are MUCH more vibrant. Later revs are RED, not orange. Maybe they sent you older parts?

All I know is that between the two led boards I have the later rev is orange (Rev 1.05). That doesn’t mean they didn’t switch back to red in an even later rev.

#4932 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

2 of the 3 drones stopped spinning their propellers on my new LE recently. I called and JJP promptly sent out 2 new ones. I installed them yesterday. All fixed!
Excellent.
Hopefully this isn't going to be a reoccurring issue with these tiny electric motors. We will see.

I just had two of the drones (silver ones) stop working. Did they tell you what was causing the problem. I can spin the propeller by hand and it will work a couple of times then stop.

#4937 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

I had the problem with the drone motors a lot in the past. Almost every week or so one of the drones stopped working. The same problem like described before: motors not spinning, LEDs blinking. Moving the rotors a bit, made it work again for a short time.
The motors are cheap china motors normally build into real drones (cheerson cx 10a ??). They are not build to do a lot of start/stop action, but to stay turning during flight. The sliders between stator and rotor are cheap and week. So they are likely to lose contact in special positions.
After exchanging the drones some times, I ordered these motors (you can get them on ebay for a few cents - ""). Just identify the broken motor by moving one after the other until it works again and replace the one. You can do this in a few minutes.

What was interesting on mine is if you would spin 1 motor, they all would start spinning (for a second or two) then quit. This would lead me to believe it wasn't an individual motor.

#4938 5 years ago
Quoted from kharri:

What was interesting on mine is if you would spin 1 motor, they all would start spinning (for a second or two) then quit. This would lead me to believe it wasn't an individual motor.

JJP is sending replacements. After more thought it could be an individual motor drawing excess current because it’s not starting, thus preventing enough current for the other motors.

#4940 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

the four motors are in one circuit. they work to divide the input voltage of ca. 14 Volt to 3.5 Volts per Motor. (Each motor is specified for 4.5 Volts). So if one motor is broken, the circuit is open and all motors will stop. If you move the one broken motor a bit, the circuit closes again and all motors run. My experience is, that a broken motor will stop in this position, where the slider is not closing the circuit.

What’s strange is moving the propeller doesn’t start the others. I have to flip the propeller to get it to start.

#4941 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

I had the problem with the drone motors a lot in the past. Almost every week or so one of the drones stopped working. The same problem like described before: motors not spinning, LEDs blinking. Moving the rotors a bit, made it work again for a short time.
The motors are cheap china motors normally build into real drones (cheerson cx 10a ??). They are not build to do a lot of start/stop action, but to stay turning during flight. The sliders between stator and rotor are cheap and week. So they are likely to lose contact in special positions.
After exchanging the drones some times, I ordered these motors (you can get them on ebay for a few cents - "CX-10-005"). Just identify the broken motor by moving one after the other until it works again and replace the one. You can do this in a few minutes.

Which motors did you order for a few cents? I see these $35 for 124
ebay.com link: wholesale Engines motor Parts for CX 10 FQ777 124 pocket drone CX 10 CX 10A V646

#4955 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Just today, I am now getting a periodic behavior upon boot up where the phone screen test pattern is only displayed on the bottom part of the phone screen and then after boot up, the screen is blank. See pic where entire screen should be filled with that a pattern at boot up. If I shut the machine off and turn it back on again, it goes back to normal and all works fine. I thought it might only happen after machine is unplugged (all power removed) but I have not been able to consistently reproduce. I had it happen several times.
I haven’t changed anything since yesterday. Any ideas? Love this machine but every month I seem to have a new problem to fix. The good news is that JJP helped me fix issues up to this point. [quoted image]

The first thing they will tell you to do is check all the connections. Unscrew the thumbscrews and pull the connector off at the phone and put it back on. Then trace the wire and re seat any connectors. Be sure to power off first.

#4974 5 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Me too - it took three before my phone worked.

What color LEDs do you have in your phone? Is the red, red or is it orange?

#4994 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

On the phone display or the backbox display?

There are two different colors on the phone LEDs surrounding it being shipped. Some are red and very vibrant, some are orange and less so.
I believe he is talking about the large display as there are not settings for the phone.

#5000 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The phone does have settings, if you attach the additional PCB to the phone, but I am sure you are right, it's the big display

Not sure where the phone settings are? There are two PCBs inside the phone. One is the controller for the LCD and the VGA cable connects to it.
The other PCB is for the LEDs surrounding the phone. The Ethernet cable connects to it along with a power connector.

#5003 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

My DI LE came with two silver drones and one black drone instead of having a white drone in the mix. Anyone else have that? Wondering if it was a factory error. Not too concerned. Maybe it raises the value of my pin, like that stamp with the upside down airplane on it.

I had two drones go bad (two silver ones). Was told by JPP the drones are randomly chosen when the game is built, and he couldn't specify which color drones I would get for replacement.

#5005 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys just a reminder that if you have a newer DI make sure you change the color settings on the display. When I originally had my DI last year JJP replaced the display due to a dead pixel. I noticed that the screen out of the box didn't have the same pop as my original.... Reds especially. Fast forward and I'm back with a Feb build and same thing with the screen.
I went into the screen settings and bumped the contrast from default 50 to much higher and changed the color settings too and now it's much more vibrant. I'm an oled guy so I like a saturated picture!
I'm looking forward to the code update. I said it when I owned this last year and I still say the same thing now..... Smoothest shooter out there. Each owner should be given a stick of butter when you buy this game. Unbelievable.

Where are the screen settings to adjust the monitor?

#5009 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You know what, I am sorry - I am getting confused with Houdini. It also has a small LCD on the playfield, but includes a ribbon cable-connected set of buttons which can adjust it- that’s what I was referring to

I hear the early versions shipped with a board to adjust the phone lcd

#5012 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That’s kind of cool. Means each game is a bit different. I just noticed that one of my silver drones has a gold swirl on it and the other has a white swirl. So even the same color drones can be different from each other.

And if you want to be different, go buy a couple from Amazon and replace them.

#5030 5 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Finally received my topper from Mezel Mods.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Does it light up?

#5045 5 years ago
Quoted from BigStiffy:

I may be looking at a Dialed In LE this weekend. Does someone mind sparing me reading the 100+ pages of the club and summarizing potential issues and what to look for? Thanks in advance!

Drones going bad. Phone issues. Trap door (mentioned before). Most minor issues

#5046 5 years ago
Quoted from BigStiffy:

I may be looking at a Dialed In LE this weekend. Does someone mind sparing me reading the 100+ pages of the club and summarizing potential issues and what to look for? Thanks in advance!

Drones going bad. Phone issues. Trap door (mentioned before). Most minor issues

1 week later
#5111 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m very familiar with troubleshooting B/W games but I’m having this weird issue with my upper right flipper. When the game is -started- the upper right flipper stays in hold position. When the game is over, or is turned off, it drops. I am not sure where to start? Does DI even have a hold fuse I should try to check? Or is this a coil issue? I’m not sure where to start here

It may be a bad driver that is in a shorted state. Haven’t looked at how JPP games are designed. Start with the leaf switches on the flipper button and flipper first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 22.50
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kharri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=kharri and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.