IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider javagrind888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3956 5 years ago

I just got my LE in the mail, I'm waiting for a friend to come help me move it and set it up before I fully open it up. #285. Is that an older number or have they not been making that many?

I'm a bit worried. The lightning bolt was outside the cab and broken. The glass and cab look good though, I'm just not popping that strap to check everything until we can get it moved and the legs on.

#3958 5 years ago

A fuse is blown, loose plastics from missing screws and bolts scratched other plastics, broken lightning bolt, scratched and scuffed invisiglass from the loose plastics. Worst of all, unplayable today.

#3965 5 years ago

Thanks for the advice on the balls. I'll order some soon.

It is indeed the trough VUK which is also the left lane kickback. I'll check that out when I get home. I don't have a local store that has the fuse I need though, so I'm having to wait for some to come from Amazon tomorrow.

The glass is scratched pretty bad as well as Bob's sign and the plastic underneath it. There was only a single bolt out of three on it and it was swiveling around and hitting everything during shipping. I haven't gotten anything back from the JJ Support ticket yet, but from what I hear of them I'm certain they will take care of it for me.

It's my first NIB and patience is hard though.

#3967 5 years ago

Nice! Thanks for the info. I'll follow those steps as soon as I have the fuses tomorrow.

#3993 5 years ago

It turns out that my hanger brackets are bent. At behest of the JJ tech I'm going to take them off and bend them to where they are supposed to be. Any idea what I'm looking for to make sure something isn't touching anymore for my short? I checked the trough gate and that doesn't seem to be touching anything.

#4007 5 years ago

Mine's working perfectly now! Thanks Lloyd at JJ and pinside.

Now to just wait for some replacement plastics and I'll be all set.

2 months later
#5052 5 years ago

I didn't find it in the index, so posting.

In lottery frenzy, you're supposed to have to wave at the camera to scratch the ticket right? It only does it sometimes for me, otherwise it scratches on its own. It's something wrong? How can I make it so that it has to wave to scratch every time? My game is on easy with a dark room in case that influences it.

1 week later
#5175 5 years ago

I always think about the Sim City disaster theme and wish there was a "Giant Monster" disaster.

#5177 5 years ago

I feel like my bumpers aren't throwing the ball around enough before it bounces out. Should I adjust the power for them first or go after the leaf switch adjuster?

To the protectors, I got all blue and wish I'd have gotten red/blue mix.

#5199 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I added an extension USB cable and moved the Bluetooth dongle to the upper part of the coin mech. This helped, but it still lags now and then. The first version of the app worked flawlessly for me. Bummer that they changed it.

I can't even connect to it anymore. We had a disabled guest with one arm who wanted to try it out and I couldn't get it to work. It was frustrating.

#5209 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

BTW Absolutely love my JJP.. so put down a deposit for a WOZ. cant wait!

I've been tempted, but I'm going to wait and see what Lawlor does with them next instead.

3 weeks later
#5318 5 years ago

I'd also like to chime in that the multi ball should be more rewarding in points. They are almost worthless compared to the disaster modes and big bangs.

#5322 5 years ago

I'm just saying that the best light shows and interactions are in the multi-ball. The score should reflect the show at least a little!

1 week later
#5371 5 years ago

I need to order one of these noise filters as well. I think I'll make the call today.

2 weeks later
#5528 5 years ago

My wife and I both played a Shadow for the first time a couple of weeks ago and couldn't get over how much better the Shadow throws the ball backwards over Dialed In. The Shadow does it flawlessly. (at least the one we played)

#5554 5 years ago

I love the magnet when the throw back works right. I put new balls in it last week, I might need to take it off of "experiment lab" or whatever and try it again since people are getting different results from different sets of balls.

#5616 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Is it normal that you only scratch off the first lottery ticket, then have the rest of them automatically get scratched for you? Or is there a setting for this?
I'll start Lottery Ticket, wave to scratch off the first one, then for every ticket I get after that, it scratches off automatically.

It does this for me too, I wish there was a way to make it more interactive. Sometimes the first one scratches automatically too. :/

#5619 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The ticket scratching is just based on movement in the camera. If you just move your body a bit, that counts. You don't have to specifically wave your hand.

Maybe, but mine scratches without movement.

#5625 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You're a statue when you play? Really?

Well i know I'm not jumping around to the point that it should scratch immediately every time....

#5732 5 years ago

So long as they don't charge a premium "because it's pinball" price. I pay for updates on apps and games for a reasonable amount but I could see pinball machines gouging us.

#5791 5 years ago

Does the audio noise filter plug into the small board near the power supply or does it plug into the green computer speaker port on the motherboard?

#5799 5 years ago

If you aren't under warranty, they sell them on their website or you can get one on amazon.com

1 week later
#6073 5 years ago

My wife and I like the multi-ball introduction on the old setting better, but everything else is just gold.

1 week later
#6225 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I am thinking of moving the right outlane post down a little and making it a little less susceptible to draining on that side... am I crazy? I'm a pretty good pinball player and I'm starting to think that I need a little help on this title after owning it for a year. Or is it time to take my "Pinball Player Man card" away for thinking that?

I'm in the casual player category and I did this to both outlanes. I still drain

I put my machines on easy and lower the outlane posts mostly because my guests have much more fun that way. It doesn't matter to me either way. Also, Dialed In is a pretty hard game anyway.

1 week later
#6362 5 years ago

I wish they'd have left the option to keep the old multi-ball light show. My wife and I both loved that it threw the first ball out when the lights were out like the game was trying to trick your eyes. The new code gets rid of that extra bit of cool factor for us on that.

2 weeks later
#6446 5 years ago

Strange, mine goes in that hole about half the time. It gives super pop bumpers when it falls in for a short time.

Also, the Laseriffic topper for DI is really nice. I'll have one some day.

2 months later
#7353 5 years ago

Maiden benefits from them more than any other game I've seen. It brings the light show from "meh" to amazing.

I have them on my Dialed In and it didn't add much to it. On brightest it still only adds about 10% plus a slight blue or warm tint by choice. Having the whole machine flash purple every time the QED guy gets hit makes it worth it though.

On a side note, are there times or modes when the QED guy lights stay on? Not just flash when hit?

2 weeks later
#7434 5 years ago

Is there any word on drone replacements yet? I bought NIB for the warranty on my favorite game and just want to know it hasn't been abandoned. All 3 of mine are out and the ticket service informed me they aren't doing replacements right now.

#7437 5 years ago

I keep getting balls stick here on the wire. Is there supposed to be a clear protector here? There's a hole with nothing in it.

20190319_112447 (resized).jpg20190319_112447 (resized).jpg
#7439 5 years ago

That sucks. Paging modders for $$$'s....

3 weeks later
#7572 5 years ago

Ok, so after having some power issues with my Pingraffix Power Blades, I exchanged them for the Mirror Blade Skins. At TPF I was assured that they were easy to install, they just adhesive on. I get them in the mail and there's written instructions for a Williams machine, a set of screws, a bolt hole too small to go over the whole thing, and no adhesive to be seen. 4 days later and no response back from Joe via email.

These things are beautiful though and I'm determined to make them work. So has anyone else installed these on their machine? I've never removed the hinge bolts before and I keep hearing that machines are different on removing it. Do the Dialed In bolts remove easily or do I need to get out the rubber hammer and a point? What do I need to look out for? I'm also waiting for a set of blade protectors to come in before I install them.

2 months later
#8179 4 years ago

The red stopped working on four lights around my phone. The other colors without red in them work. Is there something I can do about this short of ordering a new phone light case?

#8201 4 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

What does/purpose of the bluetooth doggle have in the game? Mine stopped working.

It's to connect your phone to it and use your phone for the flippers. Mine has never quite worked right and even when it does there is a flipper delay. It's one of those throw in features that just isn't worth the trouble honestly.

4 weeks later
#8754 4 years ago

I'm getting a strobe effect from the spot light on the Quantum Mechanic. I can't find anything about this on the thread. Any one else have this?

3 months later
#9627 4 years ago

A couple of the lights around outside of my phone light the wrong color most of the time, other times it's correct. It's been that way since I opened it NIB, it's never bothered me, but I was wondering what could be the cause in case I try to troubleshoot it. After seeing the phone horror stories I'm afraid to touch it just for a couple of leds that are simply the wrong color.

#9629 4 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

I've disassembled way worse things than that phone. I had one of my ramp RGB LEDs (DILE) miss a color channel, maybe that's the case in your phone, too. The reason was a poorly soldered resistor on the little circuitboard. Easy fix.
Can you describe the LED problem in more detail or post a picture?

I'll get a video this weekend and come back. Thanks!

#9645 4 years ago

Here is a video of my phone issue.

Been that way since I bought it, but it never bothered me so I didn't worry about it. Would be nice to troubleshoot it though if it's not too much trouble.

#9655 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Did u mess with the cable in the back..? If its lose and not in the whole way it does this.. mine does. I need new cable bc after I push it in its good for few games then does it again.

I've tried wiggling it from the back of the phone and it seems pretty solid. Still does it. Next time I have it open I'll try the other end of the wire.

3 months later
#10128 4 years ago

I had a screw fall out of my trap door and I fixed it, no problems for a few weeks then gave a device error. Nothing seems wrong and it started working again after pushing it up and down a couple times.

The door swings all the way to the ramp though and then falls back to a low angle. Is this normal? Ball goes through ok. Seems like it would hold a little higher though.
20200401_170354 (resized).jpg20200401_170354 (resized).jpg

#10131 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

So the whole mechanism for opening/holding the door needs occasional adjustment. Things get loose, and you need to sometimes bend brackets back.
There is a sticky about it ->
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/26#post-4049572

Awesome. Thanks!

4 months later
#10895 3 years ago

I've been sitting on my drone replacements for a year, about to tackle it today. Anything I should be aware of before going in?

It's still odd that two of them work a single time after a power reboot and then never work again.

#10897 3 years ago

I got them installed. They spin every time I hit the drone targets now. Added something I didn't realize I was missing for almost two years.

#10903 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

One or two of mine don't work 100% ... but if you spin the blade, it works for a while.
I purchased a bunch of replacement motors from Aliexpress a few months ago and they recently arrived. You have motivated me to replace them!

Nice man! Good luck to you. I spent $100 on replacements for all three a year ago and didn't feel I had enough pinball experience to install them. One year later I couldn't believe I'd worried about something so simple. Pinball makes a repair man out of you that's for sure.

4 months later
#11602 3 years ago

Is there a fix for a sagging monitor? Mine is slightly down on the top and light spills over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider javagrind888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.