IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12280 2 years ago

Just recently picked this game up (traded out Avengers and a little cash). Didn't know what to think but I knew I LOVED mechs and this game is loaded, this game is criminally underrated. Im glad its underrated though, otherwise I would not have been able to afford it with what prices have been doing lately.

Only issue ive seen was the sound "hissing" which seems common. Not all in line filters are created equal, first one all but muted all sounds out of the right speaker and phone, but the other filter I used I am getting all the sounds and NO hissing.

Anyways, loving this game, cant wait to try the scorbit stuff.

#12286 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea if it would work or not. My link is for the one I use in my JJP games and it works.
LTG : )

Appreciate it, ordered one soon as I saw your link.

#12330 2 years ago
Quoted from grabul:

Hello,
my update from 1.73 to 1.75 failed.
After removing the usb thumb drive and rebooting the machine it stuck with an error.
Any suggestions are welcome.
[quoted image]

Mine was a pain in the ass too. Try a different usb port on the motherboard behind the monitor. I personally had nothing but failures using the USB in the cabinet.

#12333 2 years ago
Quoted from grabul:

thanks
now tried usb port on main board,
a second usb thumb drive on both ports,
got always the same error any other thoughts...

Different USB thumb drive altogether, and try using rufus instead of whatever utility they tell you to use.

https://rufus.ie/en/

download the portable version, choose your usb drive for the drive, chose the downloaded iso from JJP as the iso, click start. rufus may warn you it needs to download a couple files for linux to be compatible, which is fine.

The jjp update seems to be finicky, but this worked for me.

#12347 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Can a SW update affect magnet behavior?
It might be a coincidence, but since I applied the latest DI update, the theater magnet cannot properly capture and eject the ball toward the top right. It seems the ball is simply released and falls down toward the drain
Is there a SW setting which control the magnet behavior? I tried to look it up, could not find it
Otherwise, if not SW... What else? It was working fine before, so I'm quite puzzled
Regards

Depends on what software version you were on but absolutely.

There is indeed a setting for the theater magnet behavior. Sorry to say I can’t remember where it’s at and not in front of game, but it’s there.

1 month later
#12461 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Well, I was at my wits end and ready to sell Dialed In because of the B.O.B. code, but I thought I'd give it one last try and play with the rule adjustments. While it doesn't fix the problem completely, it does make the game MUCH better. For the record, all of my other games are adjusted to make the ruleset more difficult.
What I dislike about this game is that I'm mostly thinking about and fearing the left drain while I play it. 90% of my drains are from the left outlane because of the electric guy pushing the ball left, the drone magnet pushing the ball left, rebounds off the the electric guy target pushing the ball left... you get the point. Everything in the game wants to push the ball left. Without being able to hit the lower B.O.B. target, I'm stuck without a kickback pretty early.
So I said, "fuck it," and decided to try to fix the kickback issue and bring more of the B.O.B. stuff into the game: I did the following:
1. I adjusted the kickback to "2" difficulty, making it easier to light and adjusted the spotted letters to "2"
2. I adjusted the kickback stack to the max "10" so you can stack'em up to your heart's desire (you still run out, trust me)
3. I made each of the theatre modes require only one hit to the theatre to start
4. I turned sim memory "on"
This has made the game feel just like a W/B machine, but still slightly more difficult. The theatre is now fully part of the game. I'm now working to stack modes and multiballs with theatre multiball, which I still only see about one in every three games instead of almost never. The points are worth the stacking as well. It can be epic. I also usually see a B.O.B. multiball every game, and sometimes *gasp* even two.
I STILL die from that fucking left drain, but only 50% of the time now, and I concentrate on it the exact amount that I should have to.
If you're locked into "I must use default rules," I highly recommend you open your mind up as I think JJP dropped the ball on the default settings. Your scores will immediately be highter, but that is all relative.
Here are my settings for clarity:
[quoted image][quoted image]

I probably wont put all these suggestions into place, but certainly sim card. Also I like the kickback idea because I have friends coming over this weekend and I want to increase their ball time. I may end up "forgetting" to change it back, but all good

Thanks for this

#12468 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

no sim carryover is the best part it makes the game hard to score high. you have to actually make a shot or lose the benefit. its perfect as designed.

No one is stating otherwise, but were permitted to change the settings to our liking for a reason, just like were able to change pitch, ball save settings, etc.

1 week later
#12483 2 years ago

I stole this pic from another pinsider, but curious where I can buy a replacement ? This snapped off the trapdoor

fcfd6581b85faeaee4149e22d08dd0481c0d29e1 (resized).jpgfcfd6581b85faeaee4149e22d08dd0481c0d29e1 (resized).jpg
#12486 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check with Nate at JJP. Might only have the whole trap door. Or get blue spring steel. Cut to size and make a couple holes. Remove the old piece and rivet on the new one.
Check this thread about raising the ramp above it a little so this doesn't hit it and snap off.
LTG : )

As always, thank you sir .

1 week later
#12506 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So starting to notice that dialed in is a noisy game even at idle. Not line a stern where its just a fan going on once in a while. Its a steady buzzing kind of like being near a fridge. Is this normal? Are there fans i should replace?

Probably speaker noise, common on this game. Get one of these if you confirm it’s speakers. Just turn down volume all the way and see if noise goes away to confirm.

KRIPT Noise Filter Ground Loop... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7QSOO8

#12508 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Several of these are popping up for sale. Fairly priced.
What are thoughts on on this for a small collection. Reviews are mixed. Some claim it's best the jjp ever. Some hate the callouts.

Callouts nothing special, but you don’t get this game for those, you get it because it’s one of the best shooting games in existence, and in my opinion the best JJP game overall (I really like Wonka as well).

For a small collection? I think it sets PERFECT in my humble 4 game collection. It contrasts the Sterns quite well, absolutely packed with mechs, has fun stuff for folks of all experience levels ( selfie mode, emojis, lottery scratch, etc).

It’s just a damn fun game, and probably the BEST bang for the buck you’re going to find right now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.