IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamiek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8865 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I just looked at my game Hardware info. My game is identical to yours except I have 8GB memory and you have 4GB memory. I successfully updated to 1.71-LE with no issues. Maybe you just need another 4GB? (My picture has Device-1 and Device-3 and yours only has Device-1.)
(Also note that I actually smiled in the photo I took for this post as compared to all the stupid pictures of myself with my tongue sticking out for the high scores. My wife tells me I stick out my tongue when I concentrate....)[quoted image]

Don't know if I’m just one of the lucky ones but after reading the post above I upgraded my ram with another 4gb before taking the plunge from v1.57 to v1.71 and touch wood I’ve not had any issues to date, processor is the original Celeron G1840. Played numerous games over several days and must say I’m really enjoying the more improved video & graphics in both the theatre and phone as well as the light shows. I think perhaps try the update...... you can always go back v1.57 ? Totally addicted to this epic Pin

#8930 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Weird question: what is a good JJP game to put along side Dialed In to compliment it well? I'm leaving towards Hobbit because I'm scared of all the playfield issues Pirates and Wonka are getting. Plus, it seems radically different than DI. Woz seems super packed like DI, but haven't put enough time in with it to know if it shoots nearly as well. Your thoughts?

Can’t speak for Pirates or WOZ bur I’ve got a Hobbit/Smaug along with Dialed-In and I think they’re a great combo. Dialed-In plays a lot faster than the Hobbit and its my first go to machine up until the beers kick in and I need something slower to play..... then I make for the Hobbit which is slower but more atmospheric IMO, absolutely fantastic sound !!
Lucky enough to have Pats TZ as well buts that’s having a tiny break whilst I get my head around the rule sets of these two great JJP machines

9 months later
#10675 3 years ago

Hi,
Minor gripe here:
Has anyone else had shot register issues with the right Orbit / ramp ? I’m not talking of the ball reject issue which can usually be solved with a few layers of Mylar at the wire form ramp entry point. My issue is despite both switch 52 right loop enter and 47 train 2 ramp made working perfectly sometimes if the Orbit shot is too fast “usually after waxing” it won’t register that you’ve made the shot........ which is particularly frustrating as it’s quite a tricky shot and is associated with many of the key Disaster modes.

Relocate switch 47 further down the wire from perhaps?

Regards
Jamie K

#10695 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Used to happen to mine way more than now. Adjusted the switch by centering and bending the switch. I'd say it registers now on 90% of super fast shots and almost all medium speed shots. It was pissing me off before. Amazing game.

I think you’ve hit the nail on head holminone. I tweaked & bent the switch earlier and all seems well . I’ll try it again tomorrow albeit with a few less beers and hopefully some sweeter faster shots but for now it’s many thanks for the advice. Yes, absolutely truly a great game.
Thx
Jamie K

3 weeks later
#10794 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

This game is such a masterpiece. This is my second DILE and I won’t let this one get away. So much better with the code update from late 2018. I sold mine just before that code was released. So many modes with Bob’s and Quantum Theater and Drones adding multiballs and other modes, in addition to like 11 disaster modes? Collecting 7 SIM cards may be like Valinor for me. I’ve collected 4, tops. Gorgeous game. The shots and flow are superior. Great combos. Still my fav JJP game by far.

Finally collected all the 7 sims and reached Armageddon for the first time earlier tonight..... can’t remember the name of the mode I reached just before Armageddon as it all happened so fast but it was biggy as well. Total absolute fun blast, my head & fingers are still spinning. Also managed to best my high score which I thought I’d never beat Time for a celebratory beer on top of the previous beers..... Yay

6 months later
#11710 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I reset all the connectors on the right opto board. I have 5v coming in from the power connect. Repowered the game and now I am getting three new switch errors on the left board that I didn't even touch. What is going on?[quoted image]

Quoted from fossmin:

I reset all the connectors on the right opto board. I have 5v coming in from the power connect. Repowered the game and now I am getting three new switch errors on the left board that I didn't even touch. What is going on?[quoted image]

I had a similar problem with the opto’s on my Hobbit. I tried all sorts to the point I was going to start replacing the opto switches etc but instead I took the opto board out and reflowed it with a hot soldering iron and fresh solder on all the joints and it’s been fine ever since. Same went for a faulty ball trough assembly opto board on my DI, I didn’t dare to hope it would solve either fault but it it did. Good luck

2 months later
#11832 3 years ago

Totally hit n miss with the app for me, sometimes it worked but mostly not. Because of the flaws the game’s far better off being played without it IMO.

3 months later
#12027 2 years ago

App for me was always hit n miss, when it was lit Big Bang on demand via your phone app was a bit of a cheat in my book so I never really bothered with it………. The games better off without it IMO.

4 months later
#12531 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Just got DI LE #99 and am absolutely loving it. Sorry if this has been answered before, but I am having an issue where the ball is whipping around the right ramp too fast and actually missing the switch that registers the shot. I've tried adjusting it and the flipper strength but it still happens every so often. Are there any fixes to this?

Holminone helped me with this one a awhile back. Problem is sometimes a really fast ball literally jumps over the micro switch actuator arm as it exits the ramp and therefore doesn’t register the shot, you need to carefully bend / manipulate the switch up slightly.

Hope this helps,
Jamie K

9 months later
#13147 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

This is a follow up to a post I made a while ago. I was frustrated with the fixes for balls missing the switch on right ramp/orbit. After having tried all of the suggested improvements I still found that a quick shot would hop over the switch so I decided to make a mod to fix it entirely.
This is only a status update as I’m not 100% satisfied with the model but it definitely does the job of ensuring fast shots never miss the switch. It’s meant to be a combination of the Station 2 building and the tunnel. I’ll post updates as I improve the model and paint job.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like a terrific mod. I’ve adjusted my switch but a really quick shot still doesn’t register, only occurs perhaps 5% of the time at best but if it happens during a Disaster Mode it’s super frustrating…….. thanks for posting what looks like the absolute solution

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 22.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamiek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=jamiek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.