IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insanity199.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2450 6 years ago

I am now having theater throw problems too.

When I got my Dialed In 1.5 weeks ago, I adjusted the theater magnet and thought I had the magnet set correctly. It seemed to throw around very well after my initial adjustment to -75. Now, 1.5 weeks later, I was noticing that it grabbed the ball, pulsed and actually threw it downward a bit. (Yes, this was in something like package drop that is supposed to whip it around). I then readjusted with the magnet test and got it working. Then in gameplay, it acted up again. I then tried so many settings during the magnet test with no consistency that the magnet actually stopped working completely for 5 or so minutes. I can only assume that it overheated.

I now have it working that it slowly throws it around but I have no faith that it will work again tomorrow. I am almost afraid to touch the settings. This is really bizarre. Could it be that my magnet is overheating and affecting the performance with gameplay? I have a call into Frank but I am completely puzzled as to why I would see such varied and inconsistent behavior.

I was told in another thread it could be due to the Mylar still over the magnet and I need to cut it out. I looked at it and it does appear to be bubbling and cracking a bit around the magnet but not terribly. Could that really be causing this kind of inconsistency?

If so, what is the best way to remove. I read that taking magnet out from underneath playfield is the easiest.

Other than that I just have cosmetic issues. Game came with shattered lightning bolt, disconnected BOB sign (plastic connectors broken) and scratched glass right above BOB. JJP is taking care of those.

Love the game and SIM is a pain but we have all made it with a direct upper flipper shot. But definitely not a consistent and reputable performance.

#2452 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just cut it with an exacto knife

I know that part but the theater magnet is under the theater. I was asking the best way to access the magnet so it could be cut with knife. I read that someone suggested removing magnet from underside of playfield and then cutting Mylar from below. I haven’t seen instructions and efforts for removing theater to access from above.

#2464 6 years ago

What’s involved in lowering magnet with relation to playfield. It seems only 3 screws hold it to the underside of playfield.

#2472 6 years ago

Thanks to all on theater Mylar advice. I sure hope that removing it from magnet will solve the inconsistent behavior that has begun.

For what it is worth, I have no problems making he VUK phone shot with factory protectors. Can make the shot forehand and backhand.

#2489 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Fixed and working the way I'd like it to!

What was your fix? Have you removed Mylar on magnets?

#2519 6 years ago

Based on the advice here, it cut out the Mylar above the theater magnet. As suggested, I took out the magnet from below and cut the Mylar from the hole below. After cutting it out, I cleaned all the goo off the magnet and put it back in. My magnet was perfectly flat with playfield so no need to adjust. I then had to change my magnet setting to -110. It is definitely much more consistently throwing around the top. Not 100% but pretty good based on several plays.

We’ll see how it goes over time.

The Mylar was definitely cracking and bubbling so it was good that I removed before it ended up removing itself.

#2523 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Where is the strength setting. It throws the ball fine. Until it becomes weak, maybe 10 throws in or so

Seems very similar to what I have seen. The throw reacts differently after the magnet is used frequently. I don’t think there is a strength setting. All I can think is that it acts differently when it heats up. Glad I am not the only one that seems to get that weird behavior.

#2578 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

2) also the connector at the coin door apparently was reversed as I first had sound only in the other headphone speaker. I turned it around and now its working beautifully. I took some pics - this is the orientation of the connectors that work in my pin, in case anyone needs them for reference.

I will have to check this. My DialedIn only has sound on one side of my headset. I have been focused on other minor issues so nes to check this next. Thanks for the info!

#2581 6 years ago

I think I give up on getting theater magnet working consistently. Some new observances. All balls in machine not equal. Some that work well at -80; others don’t. -110 seems to be about the best compromise for me. However, now on almost any setting, fast direct hits up the theater sometimes go straight through. Magnet doesn’t catch it in time. Optos seem to work fine. Could the magnet coil be weak?

I guess it is something I live with as I haven’t been able to get in touch with JJP during a time I can be near my machine. Luckily it doesn’t greatly affect game play.

#2631 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quantum City Chaos is 5 ball.

Chaos in Quantum City almost gives me seizures! . Lots of flashing going on with that multi ball mode!

#2645 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I see three behaviors on theater shots
1) catch and release e.g. EMP - ball rolls down to the left flipper
2) catch and toss e.g., 'target in the theater' ball is caught and tossed up and around to upper flipper
3) nothing e.g. trying to shoot thorough the theater and not enough speed to make it ball drains SDTM pretty often
Personally, I think this is how it should be. Doesn't stop me from cussing when #3 happens.

And #2 is far from consistent on many machines despite the settings. I tried different setting and it works more often than not. But not 100%. I also found that every ball is a bit different. Some worked at -80 and others didn’t. Since there are 5 balls, you have that variability. At first I thought it was just my machine but then I saw that many see this. Just today, I saw this on tilt forums from Ted, the lead programmer. I wish I knew this prior to banging my head numerous times.

“Regarding the “catch and toss” behavior:
I put the functionality in as an experiment. I couldn’t get it to work consistently on my development game, and expected that I would likely disable the function before production. However, it worked well enough on a handful of prototype games that I decided to leave it in.
The tossing works by releasing the ball, then pulsing the magnet after delay while the ball rolls away from the magnet. That delay is adjustable in Magnet Test.
For the tossing to be reliable, the ball motion as it rolls off the magnet has to be fairly consistent. I haven’t figured out what conditions contribute to inconsistency. Some games work better than others, but I’m sure that the behavior for any particular game is subject to change over time because of dirt, wear, etc.
–Ted”

#2654 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ive got an led out in my phone, #17 lower right. Blank in test mode. Is there a fix for this?

Add me to the phone LED out club. The upper right LED #24 is out on mine. I thought maybe that was by design since ther is a connector there but in the LED tests it states one should be there. Filed a ticket and we’ll see.

471D3D37-7EF7-4790-AA88-9F63755F8CA6 (resized).jpeg471D3D37-7EF7-4790-AA88-9F63755F8CA6 (resized).jpeg

#2667 6 years ago

Unfortu

Quoted from Lermods:Update:
Led 17 on the phone is supposed to be very dim, it’s obscured by wiring per jjp. They should all look like this.
On sdtm from theater magnet, I raised the back right leg a few turns and it helped a lot, very few sdtm; game still feels level.

Unfortunately for me, my malfunctioning LED is #24. I hope the fix is simple. I can’t imagine it being wiring outside the phone, it must be internal to the phone which means at least a replacement of the PCB with the LEDs in the phone.

#2684 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

The electrical sound as it boots is normal I have it on mine and the sub woofer pops on mine as well. I think both are normal. Once you are in the game and boot sequence is complete the sound should be normal

Yep, subwoofer pops and noise during boot sequence very normal. Happens on both my Hobbit and Dialed In.

1 week later
#2809 6 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

That's interesting. My glass also came scratched directly over the area where the lightning bolts move left and right. Near exact diagonal track of the bolts and scratches on the underside of the glass. What was the outcome of your conversations with jjp on this?

I know this response is late but I just received a replacement InvisiGlass free of charge.

#2834 6 years ago

For those of you that have an LED out on your phone and/or intermittent phone screen going blank, here is an update. I had both problems. LED 24 on phone burnt out and on about 3 occasions, the phone screen went black and the only way to fix was rebooting machine.

JJP sent me a replacement phone which was very easy to swap out. All the lights now work.

When taking out the old phone, I noticed a lot of rattling. I could see two screws completely loose inside the phone case and they would roll around. I can only assume that those screws could periodically short something causing the black screen. We will see if the new phone remains flawless.

#2897 6 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Did JJP issue new “2.0” metal hole protectors?

Based on a couple new users reports, they are definitely different and much more like the cliffys. (Maybe they even are cliffys). I am fine with my phone scoop, I can hit that all day long. However, I do want to try a cliffy in the SIM card hole.

Check the pics near the end of this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/32

#2908 6 years ago

I have contacted cliffy twice in the last week to get at least the SIM card protector but haven’t heard back. I guess he is really backed up and may become moreso if JJP is using Cliffys on new productions. It’s a bummer that mine was just a month or so away from getting the Cliffys.

#2960 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

so he is still around 4 weeks. He is so busy. I actually emailed him to place a order and never heard back from him.

I have emailed him twice and haven’t heard back. He must not like me.

1 week later
#3030 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

On a lot of games, the thick protector from JJP is creating rejects on the sim card shot. I switched mine to cliffy over the weekend, and I'm still getting a lot of rejections. The other two things to try are adjusting the angle of the bracket that guides the ball down into the hole, or some drop dead foam on the back of it.
It is a hard shot, but on too many games out there the shot is a lot harder than it should be.

I haven’t tried this yet, but wouldn’t adjusting the flipper power have some affect? I played a Dialed In other than mine this weekend. It has the factory protector but the upper flipper power seemed less than mine. It required an almost perfect shot to get it around the side ramp but seemed easier to get the SIM card with less rejects. I am sure there is a happy spot where the side ramp is make-able but not over powered for the SIM hole.

#3061 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure the factory protectors were changed at least once before they went to cliffy.
I have a late game manufactured a week before the cliffy switch and a phone scoop reject is rare.
According to your numbers, my late phone scoop factory protector beats all those easily.

Ditto here. December build and I have no problem with phone scoop rejects with JJP protectors. Both backhand and forehand. If it doesn’t go in, my shot was way off point.

SIM card - completely different story.

#3063 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I installed the cliffy on the sim card shot, I think I'm going to hold of on the phone scoop...

I have tried multiple times to order the SIM cliffy but to no avail. He must be so busy as I get no replies. . Anyone install the slightly smaller post runners on the two posts next to SIM hole?

#3066 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did you email him or just on the site? He generally responds to emails

3 emails. Even from two different email addresses. I can try again.

#3070 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I think he is extremely busy right now. You will reach him eventually and his protectors are great.

He and I just connected and I got what I needed ordered. There was a bit of a misunderstanding but he and I talked and worked it out. He is very passionate and proud of what he has achieved as he should be. He created the protectors and has the best in the business. Super nice guy and I encourage all people to support him.

1 week later
#3176 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

My New DI LE have the Issue LED #011 left side in the Phone Color Red ist Death.
The phone needs to be replaced.

They will send new phone. Mine had a dead LED and they sent a whole new phone. Very simple to replace.

1 month later
#3660 6 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Thanks, I did read a little about the CC problems and asked if it had protectors. It has none installed. I also saw a post that JJP would send you a set if your machine was shipped without them...is this true?

Yes they will. I believe they are a bit backed up but they will get them to you.

Also check to make sure the phone and all LEDs work properly. I had to replace my phone due to a faulty LED in it. Some have had far worse issues with the display.

#3802 5 years ago

The only thing that is still a problem on my machine: When the SIM card is lit, it takes an act of god to get a ball to drop in the hole. It is like there is a giant force field that corresponds to the SIM light. Sure enough, after I lose the ball and the light goes out, the ball drops in the hole all day long. Go figure.

1 week later
#3947 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone have a QUED toy (electric guy) that is holding just 1 lightning bolt in both arms? Mine came lose and I need to hot glue it back on but I only see the 1 piece. Did JJP switch from using 2 separate lightning bolt plastics to 1 at some point?

Sounds like yours was broken in half. It has always been one piece and there is no reason for glue, it pressure fits in there.

Mine was broken on delivery, JJP sent me a new one.

#4032 5 years ago

Well. Encountered my first problem since getting all NIB stuff resolved. My theater enter switch is stuck on. I have pulled off the theater and looked at the optos and they seem like they are in the right place. I followed the four wires down (two on each side) down to where it connects to a connector and that seems fine. Where to go from here? Bad opto?

#4037 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check that their connector is plugged into the opto driver board.
More than likely, while the optos look fine, one side or the other popped out of it's hole in the stainless steel wall. Stick it back in and use hot glue on it.
LTG : )

I checked all connections and all is good down to opto boards.

On the right side, the opto is definitely in the hole and I saw hot glue on it (from factory). On the left side, the opto was farther back however, I could swear it was held on by two screws so it couldn’t move. I stuck my finger back there and it didn’t seem like it moved. Should the left side opto be IN the hole. If so, I will have to disassemble again tomorrow.

#4046 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Snaps in, no screws.

Are you sure the left side snaps in? It seemed to be on a bracket with two screws just like on one of the ramps. Just want to make sure before I take it apart again. See below in Manual.

571A4FE2-41DE-4CA8-A89B-B4E1509C379E (resized).png571A4FE2-41DE-4CA8-A89B-B4E1509C379E (resized).png

0AF77597-795C-473D-9E2E-EFA9D533D528 (resized).png0AF77597-795C-473D-9E2E-EFA9D533D528 (resized).png

#4047 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Move the plug to another connector on the Opto multi I/O board and see if it starts registering. That board can go bad, on one or more ports, too. The one we had on WoZ died.

I will definitely try this tonight. Seems like phone scoop enter is immediately next to the theater enter opto port.

#4058 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Move the plug to another connector on the Opto multi I/O board and see if it starts registering. That board can go bad, on one or more ports, too. The one we had on WoZ died.

Nope, not the opto board. I swapped the scoop enter opto to the theater enter and the theater enter switch triggered when a ball went into the scoop. Problem definitely on the sensor side.

#4060 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Snaps in, no screws.

Here are two pictures. One of the right side opto where you can clearly see the opto in the hole. When I had the theater off, this was hot glued in place.

The other picture is of the opto on the left side where you can see it mounted sideways on the left opto bracket. When I had the theater off, the bracket was held in by two screws and the opto was in it.

Seems all the optos are in the correct place but I will take theater off again tomorrow or the next day to be sure.

I already swapped phone scoop and theater enter on opto I/o board and when doing so a ball in the phone scoop triggers the theater enter switch open and then closed. No problem on the opto I/o board so it has to be the sensor either bad or out of alignment. But I am less and less convinced on the alignment being the problem.

5401AA3F-3312-42BD-8E28-D364AEAC2035 (resized).jpeg5401AA3F-3312-42BD-8E28-D364AEAC2035 (resized).jpeg

5DE1E87E-40F0-45B0-9594-F895697B1FFD (resized).jpeg5DE1E87E-40F0-45B0-9594-F895697B1FFD (resized).jpeg

#4061 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At least it's narrowed down a bit more now. Is this under warranty? Those optos are much cheaper to buy from digikey or the like than through JJP if you're paying for them.

Had the machine since first weeks of January. So about 4 months. According to their warranty, stuff like that is only 30 days.

Like this? Can the original connector be salvaged and reused?
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/tt-electronics-optek-technology/OPB100Z/365-1628-ND/1636780

#4071 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I have a question,how much would a new phone cost you,once your warranty expires?
Thanks in advance

99-030032-00 Smartphone Assy 1 EA 224.99

#4073 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Likely it's the LCD inside or the video card, both of which can be had for less if you get the part number and are handy.

My replacement phone was free but that was the item cost on the invoice before zeroed our for warranty.

#4075 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd give support a call. For only 4 months, I bet they'd cover it.
But if you buy the optos from Digikey, remember you need to get the molex plugs to crimp onto the raw wire so you can snap it into the opto connector. I happen to have that part number since I did it for WoZ and had to find out. Here's the link:
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/794956-1/A99267CT-ND/1914140

Do those only work with the connector on the opto board? The opto to the theater actually connects to an optical extension cable. That connector is much smaller than the one on the opto board.

I called and left a voicemail at lunchtime. Awaiting return call. Also filed online ticket for good measure.

#4096 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd give support a call. For only 4 months, I bet they'd cover it.

You are correct. Frank is sending me a new opto pair.

#4101 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Are people able to make a full left orbit on their machines? I sometimes can, but more often the ball ends up slowing down and going into the pops. Is that normal?

Yes, I can make it quite frequently. As snaroff mentions, it has to be a clean shot.

Playfield pitch and right flipper strength are the two biggest variables aside form a solid shot up the orbit.

#4118 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Does that happen? That’s not by design, right?

Not unless the flipper power is so high that it can jump up the ledge to get to the left orbit. Never happened on mine and definitely not by design. Unless I am misunderstanding something.

1 week later
#4225 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Your flipper looks like mine. To backhand the scoop on my game, I have to cradle the ball then let the flipper drop all the way and just as it comes to rest I flip back up. Too soon and the ball hits the sling.

Exactly how mine plays too.

#4298 5 years ago

I just got in there and fixed my theater enter opto. However, now a new problem.

My left orbit LED light (the one for the arrow) colors are off. When I test it, white is yellow, red is red as expected, green is green as expected and blue is very dim. I suspect the dim
Blue is the problem since white requires R G and B LEDs all bright and if blue was dim that would make R and G dominant which is yellow. Also explains why the purple in alien invasion is closer to red. All other lights on that led board are functioning properly. Also the bottom pop bumper LEDs is acting the same.

Any ideas other than replacing the LED board?

For those interested in my opto issue in the theater, it had to be replace. The transmit opto was not working.

I also just tried reversing the plug into my headphone jack and now my headphones have sound in BOTH ears. 2 steps backwards but at least one step forward. Thanks LTG for that tip.

I love my Dialed In but the amount of problems in 600 or so games is getting frustrating.

On arrival:
Broken lightning bolt ( Fix - new lightning bolt)
Broken BOB sign (Fix - new sign)
Headphones have sound in one ear (Fix - connector on backwards)
Scratched invisiglass. (Fix - new invisiglass)

Later:
Mylar bubbling over theater magnet (removed Mylar over magnet)
LED-failure in phone (replaced phone)
Theater opto gone bad (replaced opto)
Now an LED not functioning on playfield and pop bumpers. (Fix unknown yet)
Looks like my middle and lower drone propellers aren’t working either. Or very sporadically even in test mode. (Fix unknown yet)

30A31A47-B20B-4018-9CC5-9B5C658CBD35 (resized).jpeg30A31A47-B20B-4018-9CC5-9B5C658CBD35 (resized).jpeg

#4313 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

BTW, drone is defective. Getting power...if i turn the blades by hand, every once in awhile it perks up for a spin.

This is exactly how TWO of my drones are acting. Are they sending you a new one?

I now also have two LEDs not working properly. Sigh....

#4368 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Press both flippers at the same time, you will see that on the phone. However, you can only defer once. (At least I don't know of any other way. That being said, there is so much complexity to the underlying rules I would not be surprised if there were other ways to delay it.)

Pressing both flippers will also bypass some animations.

3 weeks later
#4691 5 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

In regards to the drones failing, can they be tested via the menu?

Yes they can. I believe it is in the coils menu. That is how I determined two of mine were defective. Also try plugging the defective drone into one of the harnesses that is deemed working. That will help isolate whether the wiring harness or drone is defective.

#4692 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I have had a quick answer at the beginning of the month. I must have a new trapdoor but they were in inventory so he explained me that would take a while. I am asking for update. No reply.
I think each guy must stay at his own place. Maybe I will email jack but it is not his job, there is a support service for these questions.
Thanks buddy for the advice

I have had lots of out of box issues and several after delivery issues. Service through the online ticketing system works well sometimes and not well others. Calling is usually more effective. When new parts are needed, quite frequently I would have to follow up.

With all the above said, ultimately JJP has made things right and got me the parts and support that I needed.

Frank in support is a great guy and he has been out of office recently due to a death in the family. Paul in the parts department quickly jumped on a confusion in one of my parts orders and got me the parts I need.

They are a great bunch of guys that want to make things right. I do believe they are sometimes overwhelmed but are trying to do all the right things.

#4693 5 years ago

I need to get some of those flipper button protectors. Seems like a good preventative measure.

#4699 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Unfortunately, Paul is no longer with JJP, so he referred me to either Frank or Steve.

Since when? I just worked with Paul on June 20th.

2 weeks later
#4824 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I don't think I can backhand the left ramp at all. I didn't know it was possible.

Definitely more than possible. On mine I can backhand left ramp more often than not. Also love backhanding phone scoop.

#4862 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So, I’m probably confused but if the opto popped out, wouldn’t the switch be registering stuck closed and not stuck open?

No. An open switch is one that doesn’t form a closed connection. For an opto to be closed, the receiving side of the opto needs to see the light from the transmitting side. If an opto fell out, the receiving opto will never see the light and therefore be open. Optos are normally in closed position and when a ball rolls through, it opens for short period of time when the light beam is interrupted.

I had this exact problem, unfortunately for me, it wasn’t an opto that came loose. My opto was bad. JJP was good about sending a new one but it took a while and I got impatient. I ordered parts from arrow electronics (optos, molex connectors and pins) and made my own. Let me know if you need any advice as I am very familiar with removing theater and replacing the opto.

Be very careful removing and inserting the optos. They snap into the metal and the little plastic snaps on the opto break easily. Don’t ask how I know.

When you do replace and reinsert optos, put some hot glue on to keep it there. They do this from factory and because this is under the theater, you can’t see it.

1 week later
#4954 5 years ago

Just today, I am now getting a periodic behavior upon boot up where the phone screen test pattern is only displayed on the bottom part of the phone screen and then after boot up, the screen is blank. See pic where entire screen should be filled with that a pattern at boot up. If I shut the machine off and turn it back on again, it goes back to normal and all works fine. I thought it might only happen after machine is unplugged (all power removed) but I have not been able to consistently reproduce. I had it happen several times.

I haven’t changed anything since yesterday. Any ideas? Love this machine but every month I seem to have a new problem to fix. The good news is that JJP helped me fix issues up to this point.

E8879BCF-2E6D-46E8-93A7-821114BAEB37 (resized).jpegE8879BCF-2E6D-46E8-93A7-821114BAEB37 (resized).jpeg
#4959 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

No need to power off. It's a VGA signal direct to PC. It will auto detect any changes and reset the signal. Before I recieved a new fixed phone, I had to reset the signal after Boot up all the time.

Grrr. If I have to replace the phone it will be my third phone. The previous one had bad LEDs. I guess if this problem persists, I can try my old phone with bad LED.

#4966 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You might snoop around the bios settings on the motherboard and see if anything got corrupted there.

Haven’t seen instructions in the user guide on how to do that.

#4970 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You'll need some computer/motherboard experience to do that.

I have plenty of that. Built many home computers in my younger years. I was trying to be funny. I assume hook up a keyboard and hold down one of the function keys on boot to get into the BIOS menu.

#4996 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Just an FYI:
My phone is flawless. Sorry about those of you who have gotten bad ones, but I bet you are in the minority. QA at JJP is top notch!

I can’t agree with the phone. Many of us are going on our third phone. Being unlucky once, fine. But twice and some three times? Not saying that quality isn’t top notch overall but there have been numerous issues with the phone displays.

#4998 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The phone does have settings, if you attach the additional PCB to the phone, but I am sure you are right, it's the big display

Unfortunately this isn't something that would be caught in QA at JJP; it's potentially a bad batch from their manufacturer. I have had zero issues with the phone myself

Unfortunately it reflects on quality, regardless. One could say all my issues couldn’t be caught. Bad drones, replaced bad theater opto, replaced left shots LED board, replaced phone two times, headphone jack installed backwards, skill shot switch too stiff, broken QED guy bolt.

Don’t get me wrong, I am a huge JJP supporter but my second hand hobbit hasn’t had nearly the issues. I have owned my Dialed In 6 months and almost every month it is something. Just got done replacing opto and light board a month or two ago.

I may be the “lucky” one but the phones are definitely one of the usual topics and they seem to be phones from various batches. I am glad yours has been perfect so far.

#4999 5 years ago
Are those settings in the system menu or on the back box display itself. I have always felt like my DI display wasn’t as vibrant as my Hobbit.

1 month later
#5441 5 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I have no such issue, never had any problems with flipper inconsistency or strength. All shots can be made consistently , so let's not generalize "The flippers on DI are problematic....." Please.

I have had my share of issues with my DI but the flippers were never one of them. The only inconsistent thing in the flipping of my game is me. .

1 month later
#6344 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

All is well. I am up to 1.57 but sorry had to lose all my audits. I had not thought that it I would get hung up and need to do a full install or I would have looked at my audits to see how many games I've played on it.

Always backup your settings before ANY install. That way if anything goes wrong, you can restore them. Too late for this update but good advice for the future.

3 weeks later
#6582 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

why? you'll just have to go to 1.60 then. and then do another install to 1.6x.

Not necessarily true. If there are additional changes to the OS, it may require another full install that wouldn’t need 1.60 installed first.

For Hobbit, they came out with 3.00 which included the same OS updates to support new motherboards. It introduced a few glitches and they will be fixed in 3.10 which will be another full install. Likely due to some changes at OS level.

#6619 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In Settings - Coils - have you played with the ball trough VUK ?
If when the ball comes up it hits the metal flap/diverter at the top of the ball trough and drops back down instead of moseying over to the shooter lane, then try this - http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

I am going to have to try this. I have the same issue. No real pattern to it. Sometimes ball ejects fine and then sometimes a few tries are needed. Could settings really don’t seem to improve much but too hard definitely makes it worse. Thanks!

#6647 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In Settings - Coils - have you played with the ball trough VUK ?
If when the ball comes up it hits the metal flap/diverter at the top of the ball trough and drops back down instead of moseying over to the shooter lane, then try this - http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

I just did this on my DILE and it has completely eliminated the failed ejects from the tough VUK. I noticed that the flap was more toward the player than on my Hobbit. The flap on the Hobbit was almost directly aligned with opening in apron. So with a pair of plyers I bent out the flap to match the apron on DI. I now have 0 rejects. Not even one in more than 100 trough ejects. The whole effort only took 10 mins tops.

Thanks so much. While it wasn’t a big deal, it was irritating.

#6670 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Mhhh .... if I play many minutes multiball and Chaos In Quantum City and earn 34.454 points ... it is not that "balanced".
But I agree, a very fine pinball machine, but not perfect. Since the updates many strange behaviors. Coils feel less strong, etc

How well did you do in the 6 modes that qualified CIQC? I believe I read that scoring is proportional to your success in the modes that led to CIQC.

1 month later
#7033 5 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

(though hot glue should work too.)

Hot glue works great for this. I had to replace my theater opto completely. Actually made my own from parts online since I was impatient to wait for the actual replacement. The stock one had some hot glue on from factory. They snap in but a little dab of hot glue will prevent them from popping out in future.

5 months later
#8334 4 years ago

nevermind. . I see it is mentioned it is available above.

Can’t wait to install.

#8365 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Unfortunately the coils strength are still random at my place.

Same here. I was still on 1.57 but decided to take the leap.

I can consistently backhand the phone scoop but now occasionally the flipper will be very weak and it won’t have the same trajectory.

Noticed the phone scoop sometimes dribbles out and even the skill shot kicker kicks out lightly.

None of this happened previously on the 1.5x code.

#8371 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I don't know how long you've had your machine, or the other guy, but maybe it's a coincidence.
How long has it been since you guys checked the coil sleeves?

Not coincidence. Going back to 1.5x code resolves the problem.

To be clear, this is very intermittent and minor. Anyone that walked up to the machine to play would not notice. However, I am very particular and notice the slightest changes. After a year or so on previous code, I can tell the subtle difference and inconsistency. I would bet most have the same “issue” and don’t even notice. No biggie, it still plays great but something is definitely different in a very minor way that may only agitate the highly critical people.

2 weeks later
#8706 4 years ago

Please post your results when you are done. What made you choose that processor in particular? Good deal on it somewhere?

#8718 4 years ago

I am just surprised that there is no response from JJP on this. Neither here nor the google groups. I think there is enough evidence now to point toward the lower processing power of the earlier builds. Either the new OS Kernel changes to support new motherboards introduced a performance issue or the additional animations are taxing the old CPU (or maybe a combo of the two).

People shouldn’t have to buy processor upgrades to get the machine to work as intended.

JJP support has be more than great for me. Just silent on this issue.

#8748 4 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

So, updated the CPU to an i5 -4670K, no lag, no coil issues and then this happened first game. Coincidence?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang, I need one of those processors.

Out of curiosity, do you have SIM card rollover set?

#8768 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

People replacing CPU’s and it seemingly fixing the issues are just brute forcing the problem by throwing hardware at it.
I’d wager it’s just a bug, driver incompatibility or new feature if a software upgrade is causing the problem.

True and almost all would agree. However, CPU upgrade is the only “solution” the end user has at this point. We can’t fix code and no one has been able to get JJP to even acknowledge that there is a problem. This has been reported for months with zero response thus no faith that it will be addressed.

For mine, my fan is working quite fine and has no massive dirt build up. Yet, I experience the problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insanity199.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.