IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4443 5 years ago

Hey guys. I ordered an LE today. I’m really late in joining this club but I’m super stoked! Can’t wait to have this in my collection.

Reading 89 pages in this thread will take a while... Would some of you please give me your advice on any recommended/needed protection & any great mods for this awesome game? The only one I know I’ve read about many times is the SIM cliffy. Have some of you installed a topper? Maybe the laseriffic? Your thoughts? I’m assuming picking up a CE topper is a no go.

Thanks in advance

#4447 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

That's why there are key posts, top of the page just under the topic gallery.

Of course I looked at the topic index..
And there's nothing about any of the questions I asked dude

#4460 5 years ago

It's not on your website. When's it available and how much?

#4468 5 years ago

These look cool! I have their powerbladez on my MET and they are awesome.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/dialed-in-pinball-powerbladez

#4476 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Why do people keep ruining their machines with blades? They look horrible after a while and have you ever tried to remove them? Ruins the cabinet when you try to take them off. WORST non-reversible mod in the history of pinball.

I disagree. I think art blades or mirrors look much better than plain black paint

#4477 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:

More
Congrats on ordering a great game.
I would remove the mylar that covers the theater magnet and drone magnet. It's relatively easy to do it from under the playfield if you remove the magnet first then cut the mylar off using the hole as a guide.
Mezelmods.com has some good mods on their website.
Put new balls in the game that are highly polished to replace the originals.
Fiddle with the flipper power and pitch and theater magnet strength until you're happy with the shots.
I'm sure others will chime in with more...

Thank you. I appreciate it

#4520 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

..Now I'm riding bareback..

Ha!

#4579 5 years ago

I officially joined the club yesterday! LE#289 is in my gameroom now. Born on date is 4/26/18. I’m loving this game. It’s just awesome. Really fun to play!

I have some issues right off the bat.

Number 1 is this terrible static speaker noise no matter what volume the game is set to. I called JJP and they are sending me one of those in-line noise isolators that others have posted about. I have a hard time believing that this will completely fix the problem. The noise is loud. I’ve checked all connections. I connected an external amp and speakers to the motherboard (no noise). So this tells me it’s the cable or the sound board and not the MB or audio out jack. No noise through headphones either. I need to try swapping the audio cable between MB and sound board next to rule that out.

Number 2 has happened only once. Both displays went blank during a game. The game continued as normal. I turned off/on the pin and the displays powered back on. I’m hoping this doesn’t happen again.

Number 3 is strange. The selfie camera takes new pictures only sometimes when I enter in a name for high scores. Sometimes it will display an older picture from a previous game. Really weird.

Number 4 is no big deal. I can’t get my Samsung S8+ to connect to the pin. The app refuses to connect. I’ve tried multiple times. Not that I’m gonna be playing with the phone, but I just wanted to try it.

It took me a while to find the theater magnet settings that you guys have posted about. I was looking for a magnet power setting. That was the mistake. The adjustment is not power, it’s a delay in milliseconds. For anyone else looking, it’s in the test menu. Mine came really high from the factory (-30 I think). So far -90 seems to be working pretty good along with the magnet behavior set to “normal”. I tried the lab test mode too but couldn’t see any benefit.

So far I like the lower flippers at power 21 and upper flipper at 17.
The slingshots don’t have a power setting. Strange. They have another time delay setting. What are you guys setting these at?

Junky

#4585 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I can address problem 1. I installed a ground isolator (or whatever they’re called) tonight and it’s dead quiet now. I was kind of unsure about it especially after opening the box with the unit itself but the directions were quite easy from JJP and it took literally 5 minutes. Thanks ltg

Thanks. I installed one this evening also. To my surprise it completely fixed the problem. Sounds great now. JJP should just install these at the factory.

Quoted from Nokoro:

For #3, if the camera doesn’t recognize a face, it either displays a blank picture or an old picture of you. You can adjust the recognition sensitivity of the camera in settings.

Thank you. I’ve been messing with the camera settings. It seems to be working a little better but it’s still not 100% by any means.

Quoted from ralphs007:

Looks like our games are twins,my game was born on 04/26/18 too.

Awesome! I haven’t verified yet with Cliff but I’m assuming our games have his protectors installed from the factory.

#4602 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I officially joined the club yesterday! LE#289 is in my gameroom now. Born on date is 4/26/18. I’m loving this game. It’s just awesome. Really fun to play!
I have some issues right off the bat.
Number 1 is this terrible static speaker noise no matter what volume the game is set to. I called JJP and they are sending me one of those in-line noise isolators that others have posted about. I have a hard time believing that this will completely fix the problem. The noise is loud. I’ve checked all connections. I connected an external amp and speakers to the motherboard (no noise). So this tells me it’s the cable or the sound board and not the MB or audio out jack. No noise through headphones either. I need to try swapping the audio cable between MB and sound board next to rule that out.
Number 2 has happened only once. Both displays went blank during a game. The game continued as normal. I turned off/on the pin and the displays powered back on. I’m hoping this doesn’t happen again.
Number 3 is strange. The selfie camera takes new pictures only sometimes when I enter in a name for high scores. Sometimes it will display an older picture from a previous game. Really weird.
Number 4 is no big deal. I can’t get my Samsung S8+ to connect to the pin. The app refuses to connect. I’ve tried multiple times. Not that I’m gonna be playing with the phone, but I just wanted to try it.
It took me a while to find the theater magnet settings that you guys have posted about. I was looking for a magnet power setting. That was the mistake. The adjustment is not power, it’s a delay in milliseconds. For anyone else looking, it’s in the test menu. Mine came really high from the factory (-30 I think). So far -90 seems to be working pretty good along with the magnet behavior set to “normal”. I tried the lab test mode too but couldn’t see any benefit.
So far I like the lower flippers at power 21 and upper flipper at 17.
The slingshots don’t have a power setting. Strange. They have another time delay setting. What are you guys setting these at?
Junky

An update for you guys.

The terrible noise is gone after installing the in-line ground noise isolator. I’m stoked!

The bubble pitch level on my cab is off. The playfield pitch between the slingshots was actually 7.5ish at the recommended “bubble edge touching the second line”. I’ve since lowered the actual pitch to 6.5 and the bubble edge is between the first and second line now. The game is slow for my taste but I’m gonna play more and see if it’s ok. This is especially true after playing a game on my super fast Star Wars!

Now that the pitch is less I’ve messed with the theater magnet some more. I actually prefer the magnet delay at -30 (which is how it came from the factory) instead of the -80/-90/-100 as others have posted. At -30 it catches and then throws the ball up consistently. And I have not removed any mylar, yet.

Earlier I mentioned that the backbox screen and the phone screen went completely black. This happened a second time now. This time during attract mode. I’m assuming they are powered off. I will call JJP tomorrow. I’ve read others talk about the phone going blank, but not the backbox screen too.

I will report back.

Junky

#4625 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have my DI properly leveled with the bubble at the second line... but the ball has gotten stuck 3-4 times on that slit where that electric guy goes back and fourth. Kind of annoying, someone have a fix?

I recommend that you check your pitch angle with a digital level on the playfield. My NIB game's bubble level is off.

#4631 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

and its supposed to be 6.5 ? Thanks!

My understanding is yes, it's supposed to be 6.5 degrees at the recommended "bubble edge touching the 2nd line". Mine was not

#4643 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

..And during my first game the monitor, theater and phone went black. Turned off and now fine.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I posted about this earlier. My new LE did this twice in the first couple days

#4651 5 years ago

I ordered the new topper by mezelmods this morning. Looks awesome. Can’t wait to get it!

I installed a big 12” subwoofer last night. Having standard audio connections makes it super easy. Love it! Thanks JJP! If anyone here is interested I can post more info on cables/connectors that I used.

Have any of you found pinball covers that fit over JJP backboxes? I haven’t yet.

Junky

#4678 5 years ago

After a phone call to JJP I learned something and thought I would pass it on to you guys. I wasn’t able to find any info on pinside on the specifics of the daily high scores feature. I was curious as to when the new “day” begins. My daily high scores include scores earned from the previous day. And yes, my date/time is set correctly.
Turns out the daily high scores are not actually the high scores that are accumulated during that day. Each time an individual score is recorded, it is held in memory for 24 hours. Once that 24 hour timer expires that score will be deleted from the list.
In my opinion, it would make more sense to wipe the daily high scores at 0000 each day. That way the scores are actually from that day.
This is obviously NOT a big deal. Just wanted to share.

#4679 5 years ago

On another note, the BOB trap door stopped closing on my new game. Test menu showed “trap door broken”. After some searching I found this video

Bending that metal tab completely fixed the problem.
Junky

#4682 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

That explains a few things. I was glad that it didn't reset at midnight when I had a party that went on beyond midnight. I think it is fine the way it is, or let you put in the reset time. Like for barcades, maybe they would want to set it for 3AM.
I understand your point, but for home parties that could go until the sun rises, I think it is fine the way it is. I always wondered about it though for all of the JJP pins, so thanks for sharing that info.

You're welcome. You are absolutely right. Having the option to set the time would be great.

Quoted from LTG:

Neat. I always suspected it wasn't a noon to midnight thing.

Thank you.
LTG : )

You're welcome

#4698 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Is this below the right hand side flipper button? That's where mine is. Love to see some more photos of other machines to determine artifact in the artwork or wearing prematurely. My machine was made in January of 2018.

Mine is the same. It's only on the right side. Only 200 plays. Born on date 4/26/18. It does NOT feel as if it's worn. Looks like it's in the printed artwork and not from any wear at all.

20180628_130759 (resized).jpg20180628_130759 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#4766 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Ok I’m looking for a new pin I have all the other Jjp pins. And yes Lloyd I can actually play this one it’s here in kc thx to the 403 club
. But still need info. How deep is the code ?and how complete is it
Thanks all
Bart

I highly recommend it for home. Code is pretty deep IMO. It's already polished and feels complete. There is new code coming soon that will add even more to it also. I say get one!

#4769 5 years ago

I see your points mrgregb123.
I guess for me because there's a lot to do (many modes with required combo shots, many different multiballs) and because getting those damn sim cards is such a challenge, I feel that the coding is pretty deep.
I completely agree that TSPP and TWD are deep and complex. Especially TWD. The best coded game IMO.

But MET? It's a good game and it's fun. I own one. But it's not deep.... Repeatedly hitting the same target over and over and over....

I think maybe the phrase "deep coding" can be interpreted differently by different people.

#4837 5 years ago

Today I moved/separated the Crazy Bob signs (along with backlighting) and added Pinblades.
I'm stoked!

20180717_123614 (resized).jpg20180717_123614 (resized).jpg20180717_123632 (resized).jpg20180717_123632 (resized).jpg
#4839 5 years ago

Thanks man. I can't take credit. Mezel sells the kit.
Here's a pic with them lit.
The station is lit up underneath blue also but it's pretty dim compared to the other lighting.

20180717_132031 (resized).jpg20180717_132031 (resized).jpg
#4842 5 years ago

You just need to take your time with it. There is enough play on either side of the playfield that it will not scratch the decals

#4870 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:....I called JJP 3 times with 0 responses.
I'm a little sour.

Call Lloyd direct. He's great.

#4916 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

What are some prizes you've won from the theater? I won a "sim card is lit" and then later in the day a "big bang is lit" award.
Are there other cool awards I didn't know about by collecting the packages in the theater?

IMO the best is light extra ball

#4931 5 years ago

2 of the 3 drones stopped spinning their propellers on my new LE recently. I called and JJP promptly sent out 2 new ones. I installed them yesterday. All fixed!
Excellent.
Hopefully this isn't going to be a reoccurring issue with these tiny electric motors. We will see.

#4934 5 years ago
Quoted from kharri:

I just had two of the drones (silver ones) stop working. Did they tell you what was causing the problem. I can spin the propeller by hand and it will work a couple of times then stop.

For me it was the black and silver drones. The white one hasn't had an issue. Both of them had power but wouldn't spin the propellers. The LEDs worked. JJP didn't say what the cause was, other than bad drones. The replacements work perfectly. You should definitely call JJP.

#5018 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Got the Cliffy protectors for the inlanes. Anyone else have problem with the ball getting stuck? I've tried bending down the metal spring which helped but still have balls getting stuck from time to time.

On mine there were a few times the ball was stuck on the left lane. It wasn’t the Cliffy causing the issue though. The rubber ring around the slingshot was fat enough to hold the ball. I stretched the ring and this seemed to have made it slightly smaller which no longer held the ball. Thought you might want to try this.

Junky

2 weeks later
#5109 5 years ago
Quoted from BigStiffy:

I'm thinking about adding an external sub to my Dialed In. For those that have done this, does it improve the audio at all? Is there a way to hook up a subwoofer cable directly to the computer, or do I need to plan on using one of those low pass filters connected to the cabinet speaker?

With other brands I recommend pinnovators sub out board kit connected to RCA inputs on the subs. I have them on all of my Stern’s.
With my JJP Dialed In I added 3 parts. A headphone “Y” cable from the PC audio out to a long headphone cable to another adapter (stereo headphone to double RCA) to the sub. The Sub has a crossover so it will filter out the high frequencies. This is clean and sounds great.
Junky

#5137 5 years ago

I just think this game is already epic! Any additions in coding is just more icing on the cake. Love it!

#5184 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Do all of you have a PF that is difficult to seat into the cabinet? I contacted support ages ago about this, and they said that it was an acceptable fix to some sort of geometry issue they had. I find it very annoying as it's tough to push my pf into the cab - really tough. I have an early run game, so I'm wondering if it's a rarity?

Mine is the same. I figured out an easy way to get the playfield in. Once I get the playfield in as far as I can normally, then I use my hands/fingers to push the rails forward while also pushing back against the inside edge of the coindoor opening. Hope this helps.

#5187 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Mine is the same, feels like a wrestling match every time. I am hesitant to install my mirror blades because of it

I would go ahead and install your mirror blades. I have pinblades without any issues. I'm assuming your pin is like mine. It's not difficult because of width. The playfield doesn't want to slide forward all the way (easily).

Junky

2 weeks later
#5274 5 years ago

Anyone here have any inside info on the next software update timeframe?
How about the printed manuals?

Junky

#5311 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'd also like to throw in a request to clean up (or significantly reduce) the non-disaster "Shoot the ...." callouts.
Pretty much the whole playfield is lit outside of the disaster modes for combos, locks, hurry-ups, Bob stuff, ect. The shooting directions can be confusing for new players and don't make much sense or help to experienced players. I've always just told people to ignore her outside of the disaster modes.

Completely agree!

1 week later
#5354 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m curious, when did you order it?

Ok wait a sec. Order it? I thought all LE owners were just going to receive one. We're supposed to order one?

#5362 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just an FYI somebody just listed a pretty sweet “Suicide Squad” version of Dialed In on the marketplace. To complete the transformation it even has an actual phone case stuck over the ball lock area.
Looks pretty legit. Yours for the low low price of $9,999.00
You’re welcome.
[quoted image]

That's funny. It looks like they only placed the phone case on top of the glass. Doesn't look like a mod to me.

#5369 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Take a look at the pictures from the actual marketplace ad. There are more mods including replacing QED with the Joker.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/69430

WTF???
I totally thought this was a joke

#5460 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes I believe they are doing Real Cliffys now

Yes and no..

JJP started off with making their own version of Cliffy's. Then Cliff made a bunch of his real protectors for JJP to install on new DI's.
Now JJP is back to making their own again on POTC.

Junky

#5507 5 years ago

Great news! I've got the new Mezel Mods topper waiting for me at home. Once I'm back home I will install it and post some pics.
I also got an email from JJP today saying my manual was shipped!
Yes yes yes!

#5536 5 years ago

Mezel Mods Topper installed!
Hell yes

20181011_143451.jpg20181011_143451.jpg20181011_143510.jpg20181011_143510.jpg
#5542 5 years ago

So far I've replaced all 3 drones because the propellers stopped spinning. They didn't all stop working at once so I replaced them individually as they failed. Everything was great for a little while.

And now all 3 have stopped working. Uggghhh!!
This time it appears that they all failed at the same time. They're getting power because the LEDs work. I called JJP again and left a voicemail.

Have you guys had similar issues?
Thanks

#5550 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I don't even notice if the drones are working while I'm playing.

I agree. However I do notice when I’m watching someone else’s game. Either way, they’re supposed to function correctly

#5585 5 years ago

New code looks great!
Anyone know when it will be available for us? (Besides after expo)

Junky

#5643 5 years ago

I just received the manual this week. WOW! Very high quality. I’ve never seen a nicer pin manual.

#5698 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’m new to this game just a week owning it and love how smooth everything shoots except that f***en SIM card shot. I thought the hyper space ramp on SW was hard to hit . I’m sure a few more days and maybe I’ll be able to hit it once out of ten shots. I really love how you have to actually play the modes out to earn a SIM card that gives you a chance at a high score. This game deserves a round of applause

I definitely make the SIM card shot more from ricochets than from the upper flipper. That’s a very tough shot.

#5721 5 years ago

So....
It's after expo now. When will the new code drop??
I have no patience

#5878 5 years ago

Code Update????

#5879 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Can people who have recieved manuals tell me when they bought the game.. I was one of the first UK back in Oct/Nov 17 and not heard yet of manuals being sent out

If you haven't yet, you need to enter a support form on the JJP website and for case type select DI manual.

#5882 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks all for the responses about the drones. It sounds like it may not be worth replacing as the new ones will likely fail at some point. I think it is a cool toy, but I also don't really notice them going off during game play. I may call Frank at JJP just to hear his thoughts. I'm also wondering whether I should put in a ticket just so they have a record of when my failed in case they come up with a more permanent fix. However, even if they get more robust drones, I just don't see these as parts that will last for a lengthy amount of time.

As per Frank, JJP is currently working on a more permanent fix. I’m on my third set of drones now. My recommendation is to contact Frank and have current replacements sent to you for the time being.

#6002 5 years ago

So far so good with the update! Love it!

#6081 5 years ago

While watching the video above I see that the bottom right corner shows "balls to go" with actual icons of the pinballs remaining. I don't remember seeing that on my machine. Is this a new option in the menu?

Nevermind. I found it

#6088 5 years ago

After playing this new code for a couple days now I can honestly say this is my favorite pinball machine now. It really feels polished now. I just love all of the different ways to play the game. Going for the Quantum Theatre multi-ball is a blast. I love all of the new sounds too. This is an absolute masterpiece. The best! And believe me I've played a shit ton of pinball machines.

#6140 5 years ago
Quoted from artiShock:

Yesterday I had the following problem:
During a game all three displays went black (however showing the blue VGA info for a few seconds).
I continued to play for a couple of minutes, but the displays kept black. Gameplay seemed to be normal.
After a reboot everything seemed to be o.k. again.
Did anyone encounter such behaviour before? I hope that this is not the first sign of recurring problems.
(I have the V 1.56 - beta installed.)

Mine did this twice during the first couple days after I bought it new. This was on the older code. Hasn't happened since.

#6145 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

I have the dreaded service menu error of 'no bluetooth dongle detected.' Tried reseating it to no avail. Assume the common logic is just buy another one off Amazon?

I now have this same error message. I unplugged the bluetooth adapter from the usb extension cable and then plugged it into an open usb port on the computer and then powered on DI. No more error. This tells me the problem is the usb cable. JJP is sending me a new cable.

#6200 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

So how good do you think the speakers are on DI? Any reason to upgrade?

They’re actually great sounding stock speakers IMO. You should DEFINITELY add an external sub though. I use big 12” subs on all my pins. They add a lot to the audio. And as a bonus, JJP games are the easiest to add subs on. The audio out jack on the PC can be “Y’ed” and sent to the sub. Easy Peasy.

Quoted from Yoxxy:

I ordered a new bluetooth dongle and still get the error in test report. I really have no use for the dongle, just don't really like the error. It started when I unhooked the dongle to update to the newest firmware. I am sure the cable works as it has no problem updating firmware on a USB drive, just won't hook up to either the old dongle or a new one. Any help would be appreciated.

Try connecting your BT dongle directly to an open USB port in the backbox and see if it’s recognized. That will tell you if it’s the dongle or the usb extender that’s the issue. My problem was the extender. And this problem began after the latest update also.

For those having playfield seating issues, my suggestion is to lower it down and then reach in through the coindoor. Grab the rails and push forward while using fingers/wrists/forearms to push back against the coindoor opening. The playfield should slide forward allowing the hooks to drop in place.

Junky

#6228 5 years ago

Yes. Use a "Y" single 3.5 mm male to double 3.5 mm female splitter from that same output. Then run a cable to your powered sub low level rca inputs. You'll need a 3.5mm to dual rca cable or adapter

#6229 5 years ago

Yes! Ted released another new beta today. 1.57 is available for testing

1 week later
#6355 5 years ago

It’s 2 shots on the virtual targets in the theater to start each of the theater modes (4). Starting the theater mode (X4) qualifies the Multiball.

Example. Spider standup, virtual spider, spider standup, virtual spider, spider spinner theater mode (qualified)

Hope this makes sense

The manual says it’s supposed to be 3 shots on the virtual targets but the default is 2.

Junky

2 weeks later
#6435 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I dunno. I'm not a huge fan of the idustrial looking pull-out handles, especially how they contrast with the white cabinet beside it... Just sayin'.

That took me a minute to get the joke. At first I was thinking what the hell is that guy talking about? Funny.

And, I think that AFM topper looks surprisingly pretty good on DI.

#6483 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

for those that got a drone replacement, how did that work? I contacted JJP support but no luck in response. One of mine stopped working...

Call again. They’ve been very good about replacing drones. Unfortunately I’m on my third set now. I’m assuming these will fail too and the next set will be the updated versions.

#6504 5 years ago

So I guess 1.60 was released on the 12th?? Not sure how I missed this. I haven’t read any posts about it here. I’ve been running 1.57 for a month now and loving it.

JJP website says..
“==============================================================================
== Version 1.60 December 12, 2018 ==
== 1.60 ISO image MD5 checksum: 69e5af7d43af7f8455ca048c40584af8 ==
==============================================================================

- NOTE: This is a FULL INSTALL release

=== Game Code

* Fixed ability to cancel Disaster Mode intro phone call by hitting both flippers
* Fixed occasional game reboot when multiple high score champ entries made
* Fixed trap door updater to close door when awards are not available
* Adjusted usage of drones
* Polished up some lamp, speech, and music choreography
* Fixed airplane banner and UFO animations

=== Core Code

* Fixed UK pricing presets

=== OS

* Support for newer motherboards”

I’m curious about the drone adjustments. Awesome!

Junky

#6543 5 years ago

I’ve played about 20 games on 1.60 and thought I would chime in with my thoughts.
If you’re hesitant about updating, don’t be. It’s fantastic.

-I see no issues with any animations.
-Transitions during gameplay seem somewhat smoother to me.
-The drone propellers seem to be spinning less frequently than before during a game but they work fine during test mode. I’m assuming this was changed to try to stop the little motors from burning out because SO MANY people have had to replace them. I’m on my third set now myself.
-I had to adjust the value of the theater magnet timing to make it throw correctly. I’m at -150 now.
-When you have qualified but not collected more than one SIM card you will see the correct amount of flashing DIALED IN letters. Before only one letter would flash at a time. I like this change.
-When you flip to cancel the beginning of multiball you will still hear “now you’re dialed in” and see the white LEDs flash. I like this too.
-I think some new disaster mode animations and audio were added. I’ve seen a few new ones.

On a completely unrelated side note, I noticed in the settings that you can adjust how aggressive you want the magnet behavior during multiball. I’m sure it was there before but I didn’t see it. The default is EASY. I changed mine to DIFFICULT and I love it! It makes the magnets A LOT more active during MB. Awesome!

This A+ pin keeps getting better.

#6601 5 years ago
Quoted from daddyxxx:

Does anyone know where you can test the drones in the menu?..thanks

Coil tests. Scroll down.
Highlight the drone you want to test and press start button

#6624 5 years ago

1.61 Beta is out. Seems to run perfect for me.

Ted is the man!

Nick "junky"

#6635 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just played a couple games and it's still has display problems across all 3 displays
going back to V1.57 again

What are the display problems you are seeing? Maybe I need to look closer but I'm not seeing any new issues. As far as the video being played on the phone I've thought it was slow from 1.56 on.

Thanks

#6720 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

While you're at it [Ted], how about give us a setting to just leave the thing out without the game complaining, since nobody uses it anyway.

I have my BT dongle in an open usb port on the motherboard. No error message and no video lag.

#6773 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Is anyone having theater magnet issues after installing 1.61? My magnet can catch the ball, but only tosses it about 10% of the time. I've adjusted the setting from -95 to -120 with very little success in between.

With mine I ended up using -150 after the update. Works great

1 week later
#6900 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I recently updated to 1.57 as consensus seems this is the safest route with the least glitches.
Played a game and everything seems to work as it should.
The only issue I’m having since the update is now I am once again getting the error message: “Blue Tooth Dongle Not Found”.
The error message goes away within about 10-20 seconds but remains in diagnostics.
Strange thing is that after I updated to 1.50/1.52 last year, the same error appeared.
Following which I replaced the USB cable and the error went away.
I tested the dongle in my desk top and it shows the light but when plugged in the DI cable, does not show any light.
Is anyone else experiencing the same error after loading the update?

I plugged mine into the motherboard. The error went away

#6938 5 years ago

My opinions...
DI doesn't TRY to be a modern classic because it IS a modern classic. It's a complete Lawlor masterpiece that's full of little throwbacks or tributes to some of the VERY best Bally/Williams pins in history. It shoots fantastic and smooth. It's very difficult to master so it keeps you pressing start. Great animations. Amazing lightshow. Lots of "toys". It's built like a tank too!
No, it's not based on some old rock band. No it's not based on a comic book, TV show, or movie. It's got it's own unique theme. Which means some people just won't like it.

Junky

#6972 5 years ago

LTG.
Would you please give us/me your input on slingshot strength? I’m convinced that the slingshot coils are weaker after the recent couple updates. I don’t notice any difference after adjusting the values in the coil settings from 30 (minimum) to 60 (maximum). 48 is default. Furthermore, what exactly do these numbers mean? On the left it says slingshot strength and on the right it says “time in milliseconds”. If it’s a timing setting I’m thinking that 30 would means it fires the coil faster than 60 would, but this has nothing to do with strength.
Please advise.
Thanks

#6975 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Mine seem the same. Any time I update, full or delta, I back up my settings first and restore them after.

30 is smaller than 60, so 60 gives you a much bigger WHACK ! Harder, longer, things like that.
LTG : )

I appreciate your response. Thank you.

I didn’t mean that I couldn’t remember what my settings were before the update. I’m saying that no matter the value, the slingshots are less powerful now.

“60 gives you a bigger WHACK”
Not trying to be difficult here, but this makes no sense to me. How could a coil strength be measured with a time value?

#6986 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

The time value is the interval length of the pulse that the coil is fired. For shorter pulses, the coil will turn off before the plunger has reached full travel position.
And to confirm your observation - the slings are slightly weaker at max setting, starting with version 1.55.
--Ted

Thank you very much for chiming in Ted. I appreciate it.

#7011 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Is Ted still working on code ? I have 1.57. I have been holding off on anything higher.

I'm on 1.61. I think it's great

1 week later
#7068 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

What do you mean by new callouts? Which software revisions?
Btw, taking possession of one this week, and admittedly a little freaked out about all the “issues” with phone screens going blank, 1.61 slow performance etc. I’m assuming these issues are anomalies vs systemic? Also, what is the consensus on what software I should be running on? My plan all along was to keep it up to date, but now I’m having second thoughts. What do you all think?

I have had no phone problems with mine. And 1.61 runs fine on mine

2 weeks later
#7260 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Extra ball is a BOB award, left orbit. The light for EB is on the BOB stand up above the BOB targets, it is faced away from players to avoid a ball trap so it’s easy to miss. I believe yellow is the EB color so if you see that on the stand up sign hit that orbit.

Thankfully the LEDs are on the front sign. The crazy Bob's sign that is facing away from the player doesn't have any LEDs on it. I recommend the mezel mods kit that separates the two signs and makes them both face the player. Plus both of them are backlit as well

#7261 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I have had my game only a week now. Loving it. Couple of questions. Every time I hit the flipper buttons I am awarded 10 points. Is that supposed to happen?.

Go into switch test mode and press your flipper buttons and see which other switch is registering. You probably need to just adjust a leaf switch somewhere that is making contact and giving you the points

#7263 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

How’s the install on that? No ball traps? I think my LEDs are in the wrong position so I go by color but I’d like to switch it out and swing it around.

Easy. No ball traps so far. I asked mezel to send me an inline dimmer for it too

20190216_122651 (resized).jpg20190216_122651 (resized).jpg20190216_122658 (resized).jpg20190216_122658 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#7761 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Is there any additional adjustment I can make to the Theater magnet so that it does not drop a ball straight down the middle during a mode?
When I am in the volcano mode, the shot to make is the theater shot. When you make the shot, the magnet grabs the ball and holds it. Then when it releases the ball, the ball will often go straight down the middle with no ball save or any way other than a violent nudge/slide to try and save the ball.
Is there a setting that allows me to add a ball save for the theater shot?
Marcus

Leave your playfield level. Yes there are adjustments for the magnet timing. In tests. You will have to test multiple times. With the glass off in test mode throw a ball into the theater. It should catch the ball and throw it up and around. There are multiple posts in this thread with timing settings that have worked for others. You will have to see for yourself.
Also, cut your mylar off the magnet core and adjust the core height so it's level with the magnet surround. This is also posted in this thread.
Good luck

#7763 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I have made the magnet adjustment. Most times, it will grab the ball and fling it up into the theater, and normally around to the upper right flipper. But in certain modes like Volcano, the magnet does not do anything other than catch the ball and then release it.
I'll check on they mylar fix and I will raise the right leg as suggested to see if that helps.
Marcus

Yes. Mine does the same in Volcano mode. Most of the time QED guy moves over to block the ball from draining SDTM though

2 months later
#8299 4 years ago

So when is 1.70 going to be available?
Did they add the drones propeller usage back in? On 1.61 they hardly EVER spin.

#8330 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Let's assume I wanna save my high scores... how easy would that be? I've never done that.

A delta update from 1.60/1.61 should save your high scores

2 months later
#9152 4 years ago

1.73 is great. No video lag on my game. I haven't seen any issues after playing about 10 games on it. I see no reason for people to wait to update.

1 month later
#9524 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

OK, I'm adding an RGB undercab lighting strip to my AFMr...and I have extra length of the LED strip so might as well add it to DI as well.
I already have the mezelmods pop bumper building, which connects to the RGBs of the popbumpers. I'll connect the under cabinet lighting to another pop bumper...or some other GI RGB light.
I'm doing a Digikey order tomorrow for some parts...but I can't find/identify the parts that JJP (and mezel) uses for their 4 pin rgb cables? It looks like this ->
[quoted image]
Can anybody help me identify these connector housings?

I would give Kristin at mezel a call. She's very friendly and helpful.

#9529 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

Just got a di over the weekend. Does anyone have a relatively inexpensive way to brighten up the playfield with some spotlights or something? I've done it on older games using matrix kits, but jjp obviously doesn't have the normal gi lights to tap into. Appreciate the help

You didn't say new or used. I'm wondering if a previous owner had turned down the lighting in the settings. My DI is nice and bright

#9539 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

It's used, the only led setting I see is for insert brightness. I turned it to high, but it's still dark specifically in the middle of the playfield. Pirates has spotlights to light the middle and it makes a big difference. That's what I'm trying to achieve.[quoted image][quoted image]

Since I have my DI right next to my POTC as well I thought I would take a couple pics for you to compare. Now that I'm looking closer I have to agree with you. The middle of the playfield on DI is definitely darker than Pirates. I've attached two pictures, one is attract mode with the inserts lit and the other is during play.

Nick

20191119_090437 (resized).jpg20191119_090437 (resized).jpg20191119_090711 (resized).jpg20191119_090711 (resized).jpg
6 months later
#10570 3 years ago

I highly recommend removing the mylar from the magnet core in the theater and then adjusting the magnet throw timing. In test mode if you throw the ball into the theater the magnet should catch it and then throw it up and around

#10572 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Can someone explain definitively what the theater magnet test values represent? For example, what exactly is the difference between -115 and -80? Or -130 vs -20. Or -110 vs 30?
What is this a measure of and why does my magnet fail to throw the ball backwards consistently no matter what value I enter?

Time delay. How long the game waits to pulse the magnet after it releases the ball. Too long of a delay and the ball rolls too far down so the magnet can't attract it to throw it up. Too short of a delay and the ball won't be pulled up. The ball should roll down slightly and then the pulse should pull it up. Try default first and make small changes (10-20) to compare. With a normal pitch and a level game the magnet should throw it correctly the vast majority of the time in test mode. Especially with the mylar removed from the core.

1 year later
#12255 2 years ago

Ok...
I'm pulling my hair out with this update/wifi/scorbit.

My DI will NOT stay connected to my wifi network, or save the wifi password. So frustrating.

It connects and everything appears to be working in the menu.

Then I open my scorbit app. I scan the QR code, or find my venue and my game (see pics). Then the app changes to a blank white screen and stays there. Then I check the network settings on DI and it shows no network connection. AND my password has been forgotten.
I have to keep entering in the password each time.

I've tried reinstalling 1.75.
I've tried deleting the game and venue from the scorbit app.
I've tried reinstalling the scorbit app.

Anyone else have these problems?

Any help would be appreciated

Junky

Screenshot_20211017-212435_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211017-212435_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211017-212443_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211017-212443_Scorbit (resized).jpg
#12261 2 years ago

Update..

I got everything working. I guess the problem was the USB Wi-Fi dongle plugged into the USB extension cable at the cash box. Once I was able to pull my dialed in out of its location and access the back box I tried using the Wi-Fi dongle directly connected in the motherboard. The machine is saving the password and staying connected to my Wi-Fi now.

But... for about 20 minutes the scorbit app on my android phone would not function correctly even though the machine was still connected to my Wi-Fi. The app continued showing a white screen each time I would try selecting my game.

Now when I start a game on the machine it allows me to claim the player and then the scorbit app functions correctly. I'm not sure what changed on the app, but everything is working now!

I must admit having unlockable challenges on a pinball machine is a cool new concept. And how fitting for it to be on a dialed-in machine. A++

Thank you to those who reached out and tried to help.

Junky

#12262 2 years ago

Is there any benefit to updating the dialed-in software to 1.75 beta 2 over 1.75?

#12265 2 years ago

This feature is pretty awesome in my opinion.
As you play a game your name is displayed next to your score (instead of the generic player 1, 2, etc).
I didn't expect this feature. Love it

20211018_113937 (resized).jpg20211018_113937 (resized).jpg
#12269 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

I'm glad you like it! It's one of my favorite features as well. That and how your name gets automatically put into the high score entry at game over.

In a future update can you add the functionality so that it automatically displays your name on a one player game? Right now it only shows it on a multiplayer game

#12271 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Oh!
I was just looking into this... I never saw my name appear. I was just going to post... "That's an awesome feature but I'm not seeing it."
I'm connected to scorbit, claimed, but I get this
[quoted image]
The scorbit app doesn't show my name either
[quoted image]
But at the end of the game, it DOES show my name (didn't take a pic).

Try a 2 player game

1 week later
#12348 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Can a SW update affect magnet behavior?
It might be a coincidence, but since I applied the latest DI update, the theater magnet cannot properly capture and eject the ball toward the top right. It seems the ball is simply released and falls down toward the drain
Is there a SW setting which control the magnet behavior? I tried to look it up, could not find it
Otherwise, if not SW... What else? It was working fine before, so I'm quite puzzled
Regards

Tests, Device Tests, Theater Magnet

You will have to test how it works on yours to determine what's best for you. I have mine at -130 with the mylar removed from the top of the magnet.

On another note, I recommend doing a settings backup and restore (in utilities) whenever doing a software update. You may have wiped out your own theater magnet setting when you did the update.

Junky

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.