IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider had.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12349 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

Everything has to be authorized unless I do it in my free time. All games do have a beta update channel now but it's up to us as a team to decided how much testing is needed for each update.

How can we help to make this happen?

Also out of interest, how much time would you estimate to:

- Cycle bobs targets through pop bumpers (under used shot and conveniently adds randomness and integrates with diverter arm)
- Keep the city destroyed rather than resetting after Armageddon.
- Increase jackpot callout volume
- Add a little something after Showdown

2 months later
#12571 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Here is a random question....sterns have a "coindoor ball saver" option, where if you open the coindoor during a game (will drain the ball), when you close it, the game will launch a new ball. Basically makes it so you can fix a ball jam, or answer the door, and still keep your place in the game.
I'm looking through the options but not seeing anything...does jersey jack not have an option like that on their games?

In my experience with Dialed In, after opening the coin door and fixing stuck balls you can simply place the ball in the shooter lane and it won't auto-plunge when you close it (unlike my stern games).

#12574 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

But if you don't want to risk scratches on your glass you have to close the door whilst removing / putting the glass back in.. so the ball gets kicked into play anyway whilst you're putting the glass back.

Does yours kick the ball back in? On my Stern machines it does but on my JJP it doesn't.

1 month later
#12629 2 years ago
Quoted from DropGems:

How deep is DI? Played it on location a bunch casually and always wanted one and always liked it. I currently have only room for 1 pin at each location. Have Houdini at one place and
Shadow at the other. Shadow is my fav all around pin but I totally dominate it now so thinking of getting rid of it. Is DI a good solo pin? Thx!

It has reasonable depth with easy to understand rules. I have always thought it would stand up well as a solo machine.

Some of the good points for me are (minor spoilers below):

1. The main phone modes are not that repetitive as you get to select them as you play through the game.
2. There are lots of multiballs and being able to have more than one multiball running at one time is massive. The majority of multiballs give you the option of trying to qualify and start other multiballs so these don't feel like you are only shooting jackpots. The multiballs are also some of the most fun I have played. With the three hidden magnets firing off and your flippers being attacked etc. they always feel like chaos.
3. Bob's modes are decent side-modes although they are difficult to initiate.
4. The quantum theatre has a lot of depth.
5. The wizard modes are fun to work towards and rewarding to play through.
6. The humour of the machine keeps it fresh and there are a lot of different call outs.

The major downside are the sim cards. They are incredibly important and disappear if you lose a ball as the default setting. This can make the game exciting, although it forces you to shoot for only one thing. This can be adjusted in the settings and makes the final wizard mode (which is awesome) much easier to achieve.

1 week later
#12680 2 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Hi Dial In owners. I just updated to V1.75 and therefore the pin is WiFi capable. I think I read in a past post that in order to get it hooked up to the WiFi I had to buy a Wifi dongle? If this is correct, would somebody point me in the right direction to purchase a WiFi dongle so that I can get my pin in my network. Thank you in advance.

I use this one without issue:

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B008IFXQFU?ref_=pe_19115062_429603572_302_E_DDE_dt_1

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
4 weeks later
#12781 2 years ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Just found this on the playfield. Any idea where it came from?
[quoted image]

Have a look at the trap door under the left loop and make sure the ball path is still smooth. You might need to adjust the trap door now that the flap has broken off.

#12783 2 years ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Okay thx guys. I would’ve never guessed it came all the way from the trap door to the drone area hah.
Regarding the left loop ball path, is the ball supposed to come out the right loop always or sometimes go to the pops etc? Mine does both.

A clean shot should make it all the way around and a less optimal shot will fall in the pops.

#12793 2 years ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Guess I’m going through all the basic tribulations of dialed in. So my theatre magnet that was working perfectly for the first week now holds the ball and I have to shake the machine to get it loose. I assume I have to cut the Mylar but just want to just double check. [quoted image]

Correct. Cut the Mylar over all the magnet cores.

4 months later
#13083 1 year ago

Hi all,

As indicated in the pictures below, I’m having an issue where occasionally a right ramp shot will hop clean over the switch. Does anyone have a solution that doesn’t involve reducing the flipper power or adding something on the ramp to slow the ball down? (I think I have seen velcro used to solve this issue somewhere)

Ideally, I was hoping that someone had made a ‘Station 2’ mod (refer to the second picture) that would slot into this area that would prevent the balls from missing the switch.

7F00E1D8-D316-4C7E-B1B6-FF9CC7BE7721 (resized).png7F00E1D8-D316-4C7E-B1B6-FF9CC7BE7721 (resized).pngD8E92443-1638-46F7-8167-5D0DE13830E9 (resized).jpegD8E92443-1638-46F7-8167-5D0DE13830E9 (resized).jpeg
#13094 1 year ago

Thanks, I appreciate you providing those links. I have read these posts before and was aiming for a solution that is 100%. I have decided to make my own mod and am working on the model for Station 2. I will keep everyone posted.

1 month later
#13141 1 year ago

This is a follow up to a post I made a while ago. I was frustrated with the fixes for balls missing the switch on right ramp/orbit. After having tried all of the suggested improvements I still found that a quick shot would hop over the switch so I decided to make a mod to fix it entirely.

This is only a status update as I’m not 100% satisfied with the model but it definitely does the job of ensuring fast shots never miss the switch. It’s meant to be a combination of the Station 2 building and the tunnel. I’ll post updates as I improve the model and paint job.

0122242C-D3D3-4607-9BC2-57BBB35D5D76 (resized).jpeg0122242C-D3D3-4607-9BC2-57BBB35D5D76 (resized).jpeg4084625E-9C6B-42E6-B484-4DD0A4D6AEC9 (resized).jpeg4084625E-9C6B-42E6-B484-4DD0A4D6AEC9 (resized).jpeg7E8A4E08-2DB9-4815-B8C1-14C0B73886CE (resized).png7E8A4E08-2DB9-4815-B8C1-14C0B73886CE (resized).pngA004AF0F-7CD4-40E5-9F99-C3D3A39D7CE3 (resized).jpegA004AF0F-7CD4-40E5-9F99-C3D3A39D7CE3 (resized).jpegCC7C3084-998E-45D4-942F-C797263992F3 (resized).jpegCC7C3084-998E-45D4-942F-C797263992F3 (resized).jpeg
#13151 1 year ago
Quoted from JamieK:

That looks like a terrific mod. I’ve adjusted my switch but a really quick shot still doesn’t register, only occurs perhaps 5% of the time at best but if it happens during a Disaster Mode it’s super frustrating…….. thanks for posting what looks like the absolute solution

I understand your frustration all too well. I have now played enough games and smashed enough right ramps to say that this mod is a 100% fix and I can’t possibly miss the switch.

2 months later
#13185 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Hi guys,
How do you align the flippers on dialed in? on mine they r aligned with the return lane but the right orbit seems hard to hit.
Thanks

Mine are aligned roughly with the lanes so that I can only just backhand the left ramp and the phone scoop.

#13186 1 year ago

My standard shooter rod broke and I couldn’t find a replacement that I felt fit perfectly. So I made my own based on the bullet train in the game (see images below the rod and from the game screen and note how different they are). I 3D printed it at 100% infill and it is rock solid so far.

I’m not going to be selling these as I’m terrible at painting and they are too time consuming so I’ll post the file here for anyone interested in DIY.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5777399

38491BFA-2FED-46BC-A01A-0A736553834B (resized).jpeg38491BFA-2FED-46BC-A01A-0A736553834B (resized).jpeg
0124849C-FA0E-4C2B-BA6E-FC3EF875E100 (resized).jpeg0124849C-FA0E-4C2B-BA6E-FC3EF875E100 (resized).jpeg0567AF68-ABCE-43FD-8AB7-23CA55632FEC (resized).jpeg0567AF68-ABCE-43FD-8AB7-23CA55632FEC (resized).jpegAC430210-B156-46C0-95C2-47C16E7DD953 (resized).jpegAC430210-B156-46C0-95C2-47C16E7DD953 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#13234 1 year ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

So having an issue with a set of Cliffy's The protectors seems correct and matches the site. But the phone protector does not fit the PF.
Build date is 6-21-2017 and LE number 190. Serial number 8721086
Any ideas as to what is going on here? Seems my PF has a different location for the post
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not really sure but for what it's worth I have had both the factory and a cliffy set of scoop protectors and ended up taking them both out and using Mylar instead. It sits flatter, shoots better and as the game wasn't originally designed with the protectors so I don't feel it is cheating these shots. In hundreds of games I don't have any significant wear in these areas.

4 months later
#13399 8 months ago

The game wasn't designed with scoop protectors. They were added after the fact as the scoop areas were getting beaten up. Replacing with Mylar makes a big difference. The sim card is still a very difficult shot but the ball is more likely to fall in. Other ways to make the game much easier include stacking outlane ball saves and changing the outlane posts. If you did all of these things as well as carry over sim cards then the game becomes insanely easy.

#13411 8 months ago

Default settings are useful as a starting point for comparing scores. Another comparison could be to compare scores with sim card carry over on.

If someone can enjoy this game more with it on then good for them.

Let's not concern ourselves with how others use their toys.

3 weeks later
#13449 8 months ago

Mylar each scoop and enjoy the game more is still the best option and essentially the design intent. Mine look fine after 1000 games.

5 months later
#13583 75 days ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

You’re right to be concerned. If you like the way the game is playing, I wouldn’t change anything. Not good or bad, the new board just makes it play different. Even the magnets seem stronger.
Believe someone is developing a mod to upgrade the capacitors without having to modify the board itself. This may be a cheaper, easily reversible way to try out the change.

I think it's this

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1378-flipmods/10256-jjp-soft-flipper-fix-kit-sffk

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider had.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=had and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.