IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grabul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4718 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Another geeky physics thing I noticed: Quantum City's motto is "We're probably here. . . . And so are you."

for pinball physicist: the guy of the singularity disaster is called "Professor Fermion" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermion

#4740 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I am still experiencing some problems with the Bob trap door opto. I get the "ball locked" callout even if I haven't shot the ball into the trap door. (It seems as if it maybe is getting triggered by light, like the QED-guy flashing, but I'm not sure.) Is there a way to make it less sensitive?

Hi, I had the same problem with the sim card scoop entry opto, sometimes if a sim card was lit I get the shot made but no ball goes in there. Instead I hit the QED guy with the ball, especially a fast ball hitting the target. Looking to the opto I/O board I see that there are mounted on the QED guy moving asselmbly. I reconnect (unplug and replug) the opto plug and the problem is now gone. But I am afraid of that it will appear soon, because of shaking the QED assembly by hiting the QED target causing the opto I/O board to be involved. I guess it was no good idea to mount Q3 and Q4 on the QED assembly?

4 months later
#6299 5 years ago

I love the improvements which came with 1.57, thanks a lot
This completes the pin and makes it to become a master piece, great job done at JJP!

Because the pin has so many shots and possibilities (including the toys and the theme!) many ideas comming up to my mind:

- If you complete all skillshots (or super skillshots ?) during a game the shot in the cellphone light
the new multiball GTiQC 'Golf Tournament in Quantum City' with a meet again of Bud and Buzz (including funny animation).
During the multiball (2 balls) you have to play a golf tournament at the Quantum City golf course.
The holes on the golf course are randomly lit main shots (ramps, left loop) (jackpot).
A par 3 hole need 3 shots, par 4 hole 4 shots and par 5 hole 5 shots, the holes are selected randomly.
The last shot, the putt on the green, is a shot (super jackpot) going under the playfield, like cellphone, Bob's trapdoor.
Sim Card shot is a 'hole in one' which scores ultra ackpot and ends the hole immediately.
Each completed hole reactivates the kickback, a kickback shot shows an animation where Bud or Buzz kickout a golf ball from a hole.
If you finish the tournament (3 holes?) you will get a trophy at the Quantum theatre to pick up and end the multiball.

- If you played all Bob multiballs and cracy modes, you can start with a shot in the phone the extra mode CBSO 'Crazy Bob's Sell Out'
Each shot at a Bob Target activates a bargain (jackpot) in the Quatum theatre, which you can then pick up.
The bargains are souvenirs from Road Show or Toys from Pat Lawlor Pins. Each bumper contact changes the randomly chosen bargain in the theatre.
After three bargains, the middle ramp lights a super bargain. The mode ends after a given time, time can be added by shooting the cellphone.

- If you played all multiballs like CiQC, QT, GTiQC then you will get a new wizard multiball (3 balls) 'Quantum City Pinball Tournament' by shooting the Quantum theatre .
In the tournament you have to play Pat Lawlor pins (for example, the 7 Williams classic pins), they are shown on the screen and you have to make one of the main shots per pin, ramp, loop, theatre.
However, the shot (jackpot) is illuminated only for a short time and changes randomly.
If there is a ball in the bumpers, the shot will remain at the current position during this time.
After one pin finished you have to start the next one in the theatre, before the variable shot is lit again.
The last shot is again an animated target (Pinball Wizard) in the Quantum theatre.

I know to add a new mode or multiball is a huge effort, with all the animations, light effects, call outs and music/sounds.
But let me just dream a little bit...
best regards
Stefan

8 months later
#8807 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue. Shots to the SIM card are not registering, or at least don't appear to be. When I hit the SIM card skill shot nothing occurs (no animation / points awarded), went to collect a SIM card and same behavior (no animation / sound effects). However, in the switch matrix I can see the #19 "SIM CARD Scoop Enter" switch activate when I drop a ball in. Also, when I do hit the SIM card shot the ball does get ejected from the phone scoop without delay. I'm running the latest code, recently installed, but I believe I did see the SIM card feature activate a week or so ago when I was playing on the same code version.
Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

Hi, perhaps my post #4740 https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/95#post-4480650
or #4744 https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/95#post-4482131 can help here.
opto board mounted on the QED-assembly causing sometimes problems

2 years later
#12329 2 years ago

Hello,

my update from 1.73 to 1.75 failed.
After removing the usb thumb drive and rebooting the machine it stuck with an error.
Any suggestions are welcome.

DI_1.75 (resized).jpgDI_1.75 (resized).jpg
#12332 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Mine was a pain in the ass too. Try a different usb port on the motherboard behind the monitor. I personally had nothing but failures using the USB in the cabinet.

thanks
now tried usb port on main board,
a second usb thumb drive on both ports,
got always the same error any other thoughts...

#12337 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I get the same /dev/usb and dev-sdb1 errors but doesn’t affect the game, it still boots and plays fine, scorbit works fine too.

Don't know why the boot doesn't continue, some startups even show that error 3 times before they stop.
After it stops then after a few seconds the startup is done again and so on until you switch off the pin.

Tried nearly everything, use rufus tool to write the image, also using different block sizes (8k and 4k), because the default in rufus is 8k but in unetbootin it is 4k. Even connected a keyboard to step into the bios and change nothing there, but write the bios at exit.
Well now opened a support ticket at JJP...

3 weeks later
#12422 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Follow up to my troubles updating to 1.75...
I thought "what the heck" and plugged my computer monitor into the phone VGA cable using an extension so I could actually read the text.
I set the "Initiate Graphic Adapter" from PEG (PCI card, the phone card) to IGD so it would output to the main game's monitor.
I did not really think that would fix things, but it did... it took a try or so to fully boot up (sorting things out?), since then it has been fine. I have not played a game or anything yet, I wanted to at least pop in and say... I think things are cool. Darn BIOS settings.

Finally I got my update done to 1.75 with the help of BC_Gambit (thank you very much!) changing the BIOS setting of 'Initiate Graphic Adapter' to IGD.
After changing this setting the option 'IGD Multi-Monitor = Enabled' is no more available in the BIOS.
I wonder what is the recommended setting from JJP in 'normal mode' (not to resume a hanging full update): 'IGD Multi-Monitor = Enabled' and 'Initiate Graphic Adapter = PEG' or 'Initiate Graphic Adapter = IGD'?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 22.50
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grabul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=grabul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.