Topic Stats

• 9,378 posts
  • 507 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 176 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,124 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190818_112830 (resized).jpg
20190818_112853 (resized).jpg
5CC58065-A49F-4026-88D4-6BCA684A9937 (resized).jpeg
DITrap (resized).JPG
97E55CF6-7B4D-48F8-A538-ED978827C7DA (resized).jpeg
91A790A6-A8F0-4357-A429-8A34B2B071B1 (resized).jpeg
2FA68F6F-FF94-4B2D-A3DE-3996F2A6E843 (resized).jpeg
Rubber (resized).jpg
Cliffy2 (resized).jpg
Cliffy1 (resized).jpg
Cliffy3 (resized).jpg
20191003_181551 (resized).jpg
ScreenJJP (resized).jpg
showdown (resized).jpg
25389D20-1022-4992-9032-DC58F7E0D621 (resized).jpeg
E0A0B586-7AF4-483C-9C4B-D556087D9FF7 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (2 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (1 year ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (1 year ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (1 year ago)

Post #1253 Velcro fix for right ramp hangup Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1258 Detailed pictures for adjusting a misbehaving trap door Posted by foobeer (1 year ago)

Post #1332 Getting access to computer in backbox on Dialed In Posted by hank527 (1 year ago)

Post #1347 Ball trap location. Posted by Kevlar (1 year ago)

Post #1377 Fix for USB at the coin door not working Posted by Pinhead1982 (1 year ago)

Post #1391 Fix for Tilt Bob not working all of a sudden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1431 Adjustment point to grease for trap door to operate smoothly Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Adjusting arm on Quantum Mechanic Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2507 How to get in backbox to check audio connections Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #2661 DIY Lighting how-to for sides of Dialed In backglass Posted by lyonsden (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3651 1 year ago

Transported my DI today and the start button not starting game.
Any ideas?
This purple wire or blue supposed to be plugged in anywhere?
This is the only error message...

20180421_211925 (resized).jpg

20180421_214041 (resized).jpg

20180421_213726 (resized).jpg

#3654 1 year ago

Thank you! You guys rock!

#3676 1 year ago

What lights extra ball?

#3733 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

High Voltage multiball - 15 QED shots to light sim card.
Drones gone wild multiball - 3 super jackpots to light sim card. (Hit drone, then theater)
Monkey wrench multiball - 3 super jackpots to light sim card. (Hit left ramp and get passed diverter)

I don't even know how to start those.

#3738 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

tiesmasc Has put together a nice rulesheet for the game. Check it out here: http://tiltforums.com/t/dialed-in-rulesheet-wiki/2855

Thanks. I was reading it briefly. I found where it describes what to do, but not how they are intitiated...

Quick Multiballs
•Quick Drones Gone Wild Multiball:
o Hit drone standup to drop items. 3 super jackpots to light SIM card.
o Jackpots for each Drone hit. Super Jackpot is in the theatre (dropped by drone after collecting a jackpot).
•Quick High Voltage Multiball
o Hit the moving target for jackpots. 15 jackpots to light SIM Card.
•Quick Monkey Wrench Multiball
o Sneak past mechanic for jackpot. 3 Jackpots lights SIM Card. During this multiball Betty will be raising and lowering her wrench.
o During this multiball you must hit the left ramp and get your ball past Betty. She will be raising and lowering her wrench throughout the multiball in attempts to block your shot.
• NOTE: Any of the three Quick Multiball modes can stack up with Under Attack Multiball, and vice versa. As a result, shots that advance towards Under Attack Multiball can be made during Quick Multiball. More importantly, modes can be stacked, re-qualified, and started during any Quick Multiball, unlike Under Attack Multiball. This rule also applies for the three Crazy Modes.

#3741 1 year ago

I must need longer games. lol.

I seem to only see emoji's and selfies.

#3782 1 year ago

I feel like I get selfie mode Constantly.

#3785 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

You are very photogenic too. Maybe that helps.
LTG : )

Lol. No I'm not.

#3842 1 year ago

Heard something fall, then I noticed the Betty arm/diverter not working. Loomed in the cab and found these parts. I'm not sure how to put it back together or if I found all the pieces.

20180430_213051 (resized).jpg

#3854 1 year ago

Found springs too

#3855 1 year ago

All good. Thanks gentlemen.

#3919 1 year ago

Mine plays a lot harder than I thought it would.
My typical game: light big bang. lock ball. Cancel multi ball. Start mode. Start multi ball. Immediately Drain. Repeat.

2 weeks later
#4136 1 year ago

I don't worry about SIM cards as I hardly complete a mode anyway. lol.

I did notice the other day that I'm hearing some static/interference. Sounds like it's coming from the left side.

#4160 1 year ago

How do you get that?

1 week later
#4314 1 year ago

Damn. I feel good if I break 500k. Lol. I just turned my magnets to medium and holy carp it's awesome. What does the hard setting make them do?

#4345 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I can make the SIM card shot all the time when it’s not lit but will soon drain whatever it’s lit.

At least you get it lit.

#4454 1 year ago

What does the magnet setting "hard" do? Fling balls across the room?

I set mine to medium and it's crazy.

#4503 1 year ago

I don't know the mode shot sequences that well. I wish it would tell you a little quicker what the next shot is. ex If I shoot the left ramp, it would be nice if the callout for the next shot was before it makes it back to the flipper.

1 week later
#4627 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

To All DI Owners & Players:
I found a thread (see link) that discusses the challenging SIM Card shot and strategies on how to make it with some sort of consistency. For those of you who have found success, have insight to the ideal side flipper setting, etc., could you chime in on the thread below? It'll make it easier to sift through your comments than the 4600+ posts here.
Thanks in advance!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-sim-card-hole-how-do-you-hit-it#post-4455282

I collected 3 SIM cards last night.

#4635 1 year ago

Has anyone set the magnet level to hard?

3 weeks later
#4802 1 year ago

Just reached CQC for the first time and collected 5 sim cards. That game was a rush.

#4818 1 year ago

Backhanding the left ramp....how often are you successful at making it all the way?
I may be 50/50 maybe fewer. The ball runs out of steam just at the top. I often find myself yelling at it. GOOOOOOO BALLLL GOOOOO

1 week later
#4913 1 year ago

How do yall catch the ball when it shoots out of the phone? I try to catch it on the right flipper but it usually bounces off. I have the hardest time with ball control on this game sometimes.

2 months later
#5384 1 year ago

Mine has jjp protectors. When I backhand the phone scoop, ball goes in 100% of the time.

2 weeks later
#5549 1 year ago

I don't even notice if the drones are working while I'm playing.

1 week later
#5697 11 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

... I’m sure a few more days and maybe I’ll be able to hit it once out of ten shots. ...

Doubt it. lol.

#5711 11 months ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Dialed In is frankly a brutal game with teeth. I have no qualms setting it to hold SIM card.

Agreed. Mine is a drain monster. I may put the front legs on wheels so I can nudge that heavy pig. I can shake IMDN like it's a feather.

#5830 11 months ago

Anyone change their flipper rubbers? Mine seem so bouncy, it's hard to control the ball.

#6034 11 months ago

Impressive scores. I struggle to break 1mm.

#6093 11 months ago

Confession: I always try to make the skill shot, but don't care what it rewards. I don't even know what transit value is.

1 week later
#6239 11 months ago

switched out my flipper rubbers and now have more control. Put up a new GC score last night.

#6257 11 months ago

Played new code last night. Love it.

1 week later
#6392 10 months ago

Left flipper must be strong enough to backhand the left ramp. I need that shot so often when that dang electric guy is blocking the ramp from the right.

2 weeks later
#6466 10 months ago

Jus played a few games. New code is phenomenal.

#6502 10 months ago

What are people using for headphones? I have some old shitty ear buds that work well but I want some quality headphones. Just went through 3 brand new pairs today. All sounded like shit. Completely muffled and static. Put my $5 ear buds back in and they sound great.
I want headphones so other people can use them too. Just tried 3 different ones ($100) range. Surprised how bad they all sounded.

#6526 10 months ago

I'll check those out. Anyone else have issues with headphones? Odd that my carp earbuds sound great but the headphones have all been terrible. Could it be an issue with my game?

#6549 10 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'll check those out. Anyone else have issues with headphones? Odd that my carp earbuds sound great but the headphones have all been terrible. Could it be an issue with my game?

Just.tried my 5th set of headphones. I got zero sound put of them. Plug in ear buds and it's perfect. Am I missing something? I can't figure out why I get none or shitty muffled sound when I use headphones.

Edit: just returned the latest $180 pair and bought the cheapest ones they had. $29. Works fine. Not the best sounding but they work. Would still like to get a nicer set to work. Arrrgggg

#6553 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sounds like your $180 pair are broken!
There’s nothing real magical about the way headphones work - my guess is the jack didn’t line up with the plug for some reason. Weird though, there’s a lot of tolerance in that design

I also tried four other nicer sets. They all had muffled crackly sound

#6557 10 months ago

Expand on that maybe a wee bit?

#6558 10 months ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

R you getting crackly sound through the game speakers too? I had install a line filter. Something the factory started doing.

Speakers sound fine. So far, only my ear buds and cheap $30 headphones have worked.

#6561 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

He should still have been able to hear -something- with high impedance phones. I’m guessing it’s low decibel levels combined with the need for the line filter.

I tried Sony CH700N, Skullcandy Venue. Both of those were very muffled and crackly. Could hear lower tones a bit better. The games speech and higher notes were nearly inaudible.

Tried a set of Sennheiser and got nothing.

Cheap set of Sony's work fine, but they don't have the sound quality.

So, looks lije the machine more compatible with higher impedance headphones?

Looking at the ones I've tried;
Sennheiser 4.50BTNC - 18ohms. Inaudible
Sony CH700N- 22ohms. Very Muffled
Skullcandy Venue- 32 ohms. Very Muffled.
Sony cheapos - 220ohms. Work fine, just not great quality.

1 week later
#6768 9 months ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

That's reasonable. Nevertheless the mini playfield does not have any special function to get more points or similar (like in TZ)?

I LOVE the game, but yeah, there does seem to be a mish mosh of stuff they put in that doesn't mesh with the overall theme.

#6831 9 months ago

Replaced my QED guy tonight.

20190105_203145 (resized).jpg20190105_203205 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6935 9 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I think it clicks w/you or it doesn't. We had ours only about 2 weeks.
I liked it -- didn't necessarily "click" -- but no one else in the house enjoyed it. It is packed with shots though. I mean Lawlor did an amazing job on the design. The left ramp shot is awesome. The outer loop has like 4 different ways for the ball to travel. I think every feature Pat could think of is in the machine, except for a Talking Head.
I didn't mind the theme, but man, it was tough to explain to guests though.
The music and sounds aren't the best. They're really monotone, even keeled, etc. I know that's done on purpose but both Mandi and the Anchorman are really calm. Excitement there is lacking.
Multiball where you fight off the pulse attacks is amazing. Overall the game shoots really well. Wish it wasn't an original theme.

Original theme is what makes it great for me. Wish we'd see more original thought in new pins.

#6942 9 months ago

No other game in my collection draws me in as much as DI. CIQC and Theater MB modes are insane. Sound/lighting/callouts....nothing compares.

1 week later
#7061 8 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The original name, "Killer App" would have made it waaaay better. Jack thought it wasn't family friendly, which I disagree. As for callouts, I love the news cast tone. Different strokes..

I think DI is a perfect name for this game. Don't really understand all the negativity.

#7088 8 months ago

LTG is the man.

1 week later
#7202 8 months ago

I took the rubber off the post right above the SIM hole. It has helped quite a bit.

#7211 8 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Lol, one of mine fell into the subway too! Had to lift my table and then poke a twisty tie in to get it out. But now SIM card shoots so much easier!

At least you found yours. I pulled the top rubber off and of course dropped it. Can't find it anywhere. Really don't want to pull the ramp apart to find it.

#7226 8 months ago

Started all modes but one yesterday then drained. AAAHHHHHHHHHH.

2 weeks later
#7375 7 months ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

What can I do to fix the ball from stopping here? If the ball has enough speed, it will go through, but the clearance seems tight. I tried to adjust the metal pin (I don't know what else to call it) but there is no give. On a slow draining ball, it will just stop and I have to bump the pin for it to fall.
Thank you for your help.[quoted image]

Mine does that also.

2 weeks later
#7458 6 months ago

My EMP sdtm problems stopped after I updated the code.

1 week later
#7495 6 months ago

I think mine is set to medium. Is difficult crazy?

#7528 6 months ago

Every 30 or so games, my phone will go out mid game. If I power down and up, it works fine again.
Thoughts?

1 week later
#7564 6 months ago

Where is the Match setting in the menu? I just noticed I don't get that at the end of a game.

#7571 6 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Where is the Match setting in the menu? I just noticed I don't get that at the end of a game.

bumps

#7574 6 months ago
Quoted from drizzt76:

I’m not near my game but it had it off and turned it back on awhile back. If you go into the match settings and raise it above 0% it should come back on.

I found it. No idea why I couldn't find it yesterday.

1 month later
#7781 5 months ago

I very rarely get Bob multiballs

3 weeks later
#7916 4 months ago

Interesting night I had. Was going to play golf but walked by the pins and said, hell, I have time for one quick game...

Reached Armageddon for the first time ever!! What a rush... Then something odd happened...

(On code 1.57)

I'm playing Armageddon MB, balls draining/getting launched again...then the game freezes. I have two balls locked in the station, Shoot Again is flashing, the music is still playing but the flippers are dead. I thought, maybe this is how the game ends when you get to this mode? No, that can't be it. I let it sit like this for about 5minutes. Nothing is resetting, no ball search..nothing.
I take the glass off and put a ball into the shooter lane. Launches..still nothing. Swithces/flippers/pops...nothing working. I then pull the balls locked in the Station into the trough. Flippers start working. Yay. I have one ball cradled so I start playing and everything suddenly works. Then it launches a second ball.. Uh oh. One of those balls drains and game officially over.
Very odd. I'm not sure if this is a code glitch or a one time occurrence.
To top it off, I'm texting a friend while this is happening and I forget to add my initials for high score and no picture. Doh!

DI (resized).jpegDI2 (resized).jpegDI3 (resized).jpeg
#7918 4 months ago

Anyone heard of this happening on 1.57 before?

#7948 4 months ago

Wonder why? Mine isn't left drain happy.

#7991 3 months ago

I got to Armageddon on 1.57 and it froze on me. Is this issue resolved with the latest code?

4 weeks later
#8271 87 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Thinking about selling my Dialed In LE to get a Wonka LE. Should i do it? Yes, No!

Hell no.

#8276 87 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Im not sure if u qualify to comment. You are getting ACNC.

What can I say....I have good taste

#8376 84 days ago

I like 1.57 except that Armageddon has a Major bug.

1 week later
#8611 74 days ago

Just updated. Everything is fine. Got 3mill on my first game on this code.

#8614 74 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So you did not have to swap out the processor?

No. Haven't been following all that talk.

#8615 74 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

And are you running the celeron?

Don't know what that is.

1 month later
#9168 20 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Nice Large mouth! Fellow fisherman

FISH PICS!!!!

bigrock (resized).jpgs1 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9315 6 days ago

I don't even notice if my drones are spinning or not. Don't really care if they do or do not.

#9361 1 day ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please open a ticket under Support at jerseyjackpinball.com
Thank you,
Lloyd

I've submitted two tickets over the past 3months with JJP regarding my POTC and have heard nothing. I guess they have enough new customers and don't care about repeat buyers.

#9377 1 hour ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I listed my DI LE for sale this week to make room and raise funds for an incoming pin. I got several interested in it before I came to my senses and realized that I'd be making a HUGE mistake by letting her go. I can afford the financial hit. I removed the ad.
Whew. That was a close one.

Never letting mine go. When I go back to after a while, I realize just how awesome of a game it is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
$ 189.00
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 49.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside