IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnosm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3284 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

How do you connect cell phone flipper controls?
I have the app downloaded it searches for the machine but no go? Anyone know if it is something in settings?
Thanks

The Bluetooth dongle dies frequently so try to sync right after you turn on the game.
Boot Up Game
Boot Up App
Hold left flipper on machine and on app while pressing start button for a new game.
Test to see if sync by using flipper buttons on app

#3285 6 years ago

Haven't tried it without holding down button on app. As suggested by VIRELAND. So this may not be necessary.

#3345 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Posted about this before, but figured I'd revisit before trying to fix it. My phone screen now is predominantly pink/red, and the character animations usually are frozen (as in, there mouths don't move, but the image appears in a tinge of red).
Does this sound like the issue is the phone, or the video card?

This sounds like a phone issue.
Call JJP.

#3352 6 years ago

There is a Dialed In for sale on CL and here is the description:

"... Includes mini-monitor (in the "cell phone") adjustment board that is NOT included with new ones anymore. "

Anyone know anything about this special adjustment board? Is it possible that this board kept the monitor from having issues?

#3365 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For me the multiballs are an annoyance on Dialed In.

What he said^^
I do like the Quantum Chaos and the Armageddon multiballs but the shoot two ramps and lock the balls generic multiballs are not awesome.

#3367 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Right. I was talking about the "generic" multiballs with "your under attack" happening. Boring/annoying.

I do like the way you can postpone the multiball, that feature makes it more fun. I like to postpone multiball, start another mode then start multiball and try to cap it off with a Big Bang before running out of time or draining.

#3395 6 years ago

[email protected] with a list and quantity of the products you are looking for.

1 week later
#3462 6 years ago
Quoted from geoncic:

3. Sometimes when the ball goes into the sim card slot, it will trigger the trap door sensor (Emoji, selfie, etc.)

This happened to me too. When the BOB opto is very close to the sim hole (they share the same subway) and the sim hole shot will roll the ball back up the subway and activate the BoB opto before the SIM hole opto. I followed the suggestion from another pinsider and moved the BoB opto further up the subway. I did have to drill two teeny pilot holes for the screws but it was a simple fix that has solved this issue completely.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/31#post-4167664

Quoted from JWJr:

I farted around with that issue on mine for a month_, and never could get it right. I finally hit on the idea of moving the BOB opto arch around the curve from it's current location, away from the SIM Card hole, as close to the trap door as I could get it. Only two screws, and even though the subway is drilled where the opto was originally located, it works just fine in its new location shining through the subway. Problem solved.

1 week later
#3555 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Definitely too low. Adjust it. I usually use a straight edge to make the flippers parallel to the guide rails, but DI has that hexagon, which makes it really easy. Adjust so that the bat is just touching that left point. Done!

I found that by doing a fresh 1.50 complete install (fresh everything, redownloaded it, different usd drive etc...) then the 1.52 delta helped to correct my phone issues.

#3558 6 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Hey I just installed a chrome candy shooter with their external spring and now it's too weak to make the ramp shot. The upside it I get skillshots everytime now lol- but it feels like cheating.
Anyone have a suggestion for a stronger internal main spring? - I don't know the color system of the springs. Is orange the strongest?
NM found this on pinside from pinball life-- anyone upgrade to a stronger spring?
Spring tension from lowest to highest:
Thanks!

I had the same issue and found that the problem is the spring which is on the knob side of the cabinet is too long with the Chrome Candy knob.
The JJP knob is hollowed out but the Chrome Candy knob isn't. Get a shorter spring for the outside and you will be fine.

#3562 6 years ago

Sounds like my issue. Always fixed by unplugging and replugging the vga cable. When I did the reinstallation, (I did it several times) my problem, while still the wrong colors, changed. Meaning the colors changed, they were still wrong just different kind of wrong than before the reinstall. Then I tried another phone (replacement number 2) and I haven't had an issue with it since.

#3600 6 years ago

Your MEGA phone is amazing!

#3611 6 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Jack just got involved personally-

Another reason to buy JJP games. Industry shaming support of their products.
JJP - Taking the industry by the ear and dragging it into the future.

1 week later
#3805 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

... built on Friday the 13th ... superstitions are nonsense, right?

Just be glad it wasn't a 420 Friday. That sounds like a recipe for manufacturing disaster

2 weeks later
#4053 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Time and time again....I finish a mode...that pretty blue SIM card light turns on.....I take a few shots at it and miss then the ball drains! Ugh! Would it be sacrilege to turn on SIM card memory so it’s still there after I drain???

Nope. Its your machine. Play it the way you like it.

#4094 5 years ago

Pretty good for a grumpy guy

1 week later
#4205 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hey guys,
I notice on some DI that you can easily back hand the phone. On mine it’s not possible and catches the right sling.
Is there a way to adjust this? The game is MUCH easier on machines where this back hand works. On my machine the tightest it goes without hitting the sling is the post left of the scoop.

Just Guessing,
check your flipper alignment at rest as it may have something to do with this issue. I have my flipper at rest aligned so it parallel with the return lane rail.
With this setup I can make the back hand shot to the phone.

#4230 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Well here’s my flipper setup. Does it look right?

I think the alignment is where you want it to be.

1 week later
#4369 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Press both flippers at the same time, you will see that on the phone. However, you can only defer once. (At least I don't know of any other way. That being said, there is so much complexity to the underlying rules I would not be surprised if there were other ways to delay it.)

May not need to be said but JIC.
You need to do the double flipper action right when you qualify multiball. If you wait too long you can't defer it. Also if you have deferred the multiball and you drain, the Multiball deferral is over and must be played before you can start another mode.

In general I give a couple of double taps when I lock a ball, because it is fun and because it defers multiball.

1 month later
#4776 5 years ago

How can you talk about deep rule sets and not have WOZ at or near the top of the list?

#4838 5 years ago

I like what you did with the signs!
Man this is a great looking game.

2 weeks later
#4963 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm on my third phone. So far, it's good.
I doubt it's the video card in my case, so that leads me to believe the phones are problematic.

Same here

#4979 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Just an FYI:
My phone is flawless. Sorry about those of you who have gotten bad ones, but I bet you are in the minority. QA at JJP is top notch!

For me, I take comfort in the fact that JJP has always worked with me until whatever is going on is fixed. Zero stress. Thanks JJP!

#4983 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Got the Cliffy protectors for the inlanes. Anyone else have problem with the ball getting stuck? I've tried bending down the metal spring which helped but still have balls getting stuck from time to time.

To solve this I have started filing down the top side of the protector's leading edges. This makes the transition between the playfield and the protector insufficient to stop a slowly rolling ball.

#5021 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Anyone tried the plastic protectors from Mezelmods?
https://mezelmods.com/collections/dialed-in-pinball-mods/products/dialed-in-pinball-plastic-protectors?variant=46378502472
Are they worth getting? What´s the difference aesthetically?

I have them. I went with the Blue/Red kit. Blue on slingshots and red on lane guides. They add a little bit of color to the bottom of the playfield but they don't stand out much. If you are specifically looking at them you will see the difference they make, but if you aren't looking for it you probably won't notice they are there.

1 month later
#5320 5 years ago

Not disagreeing but with no awesome jackpots it really puts the emphasis on accumulating sim cards which have the potential for dramatic score enlargement. I think what I am trying to say is some machines are all about the multi ball jackpots, some aren't. which begs the question does a game need to have multi ball jackpots to be fun/great/complete?

#5324 5 years ago

I totally agree that the standard lock a ball(s) in the station multi ball really interrupts the game unless you have a mode going before starting it.

#5355 5 years ago

Everything you need to know about ordering your manual

#5387 5 years ago

Mine showed up yesterday.

#5389 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Uncool, man! Lol

Just saying they are shipping and yours will be there any day now.

And while you wait I will be enjoying mine

#5455 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

your Dialed In copy is not representative of all the others.

Which brings us around to, Why not? I am always amazed at how different copies of the same machine play. My WOZ doesn't play like any other WOZ I have played. My DI is the same. Must be that there are so many variables that contribute to game play. From the angle of the flipper to the age of the rubbers to the line voltage, was it made on a Friday or a Monday and on and on.

1 week later
#5604 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

...with only 430+ games on it...

***Rant Warning***

I wish that people would not post the 'games' metric in their ads. This is completely unverifiable without a continuous video stream since the game was originally unboxed. Certainly it is no more of a reliable wear indicator than the word 'used.'

Experienced shoppers ignore this description and the uninformed are liable to misunderstand. After the new code drops next week, according the to audits section I will have a machine with less than 100 games on it. Even though I have owned it and played it for a year now.

Rant over, back to Dialed In

#5622 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You're a statue when you play? Really?

...he plays like a statue becomes part of the machine...

#5629 5 years ago

Is there any discussion comparing the Mantis and the Cliffy protectors for the phone hole?
To me the mantis protector looks like it wouldn't interfere with shooting the hole. But I am not convinced it will protect the edge of the hole from getting roached.
Any insights, experiences or other thing to consider?

#5632 5 years ago

Is there a Mantis protector for the SIM card hole?

#5742 5 years ago

That indicates that you didn't play an entire game.
In fact it looks like you didn't even drain your first ball when you turned your machine off.

1 week later
#6118 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I tried everything and it wld help for a few games then start bouncing back and sometimes out over the flippers.... so i made the wire thing and it is so much better and is super fast getting back to my flipper now. It made my game so much better and its not really to noticeable. I cld spend some more time refining it but it does its job which is all i wanted lol.

Almost looks stock. Nice Job.

#6158 5 years ago

I can't help with the spare yellow connector but DI is notorious for being difficult to reseat.
Basically the tube with the wires going from the playfield to the backbox bumps against the back of the playfield.
Just give it an extra push and it will go just fine.

1 week later
#6301 5 years ago

ground and power wires swapped?

#6366 5 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

I just noticed "the button" on DI.
[quoted image]

Nice one.
Just one question.
Why were you looking for this?

#6389 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Some of us have just put a small piece of sticky felt right before the curve at ball height. It slows down the ball slightly and completely solved the problem for me, eliminating rejected shots as well. There’s a photo of where to place it somewhere in this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/26#post-4048873

For those like me that don't want to go searching.
Thanks for sharing this Nokoro and originally cooked71 . The rejects are driving me crazy and it is great to have this easy fix.

1 month later
#7039 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The theme is easy to explain. I just tell people it’s very much like “Get Smart”

Brilliant analogy. Thanks for sharing this.

#7096 5 years ago

Dude, your phone is on drugs!

1 week later
#7134 5 years ago

No reason not to carry over, but just want to voice my support for leaving the setting as is.
I get a rush when I collect the SIM card knowing that a drain prior to collection will make this opportunity disappear. Better yet hitting the Big Bang and ricocheting into the SIM hole to finish the mode and collect the SIM card is a blast! Or maybe it should be called a Really Big Bang?

#7165 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

...an option to earn multiple SIM cards then collect them all with a single shot

^^^This, without carryover.^^^

Making a SIM hole shot required for every SIM card removes flexible game play.
If you only lost one qualified uncollected SIM per drain (instead of all qualified, uncollected SIMs) that would be a better fit with the current requirement.

Better yet would be to just collect all qualified SIMs when the hole is hit.
Stacking SIMs would allow the player to decide their risk threshold.
Maybe you want to collect as you go, or maybe you want to just focus on finishing modes and let the random nature of being able to make the hole determine when you collect the SIM.
Many times while playing I start a new mode before collecting the qualified SIM. Because you can't restart a mode until they have all been played you are forced to abandon your SIM collection quest and focus on the mode. Once you have completed the next mode you are behind in SIM collection which further drives players to mechanically go for SIM collection after finishing a mode instead of having the option to pursue another objective.

#7167 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That certainly adds to the risk/reward model that makes pinball so fun. Do you try to go for several modes and collect 2,3,4 Sim Cards at a time, but risk losing them in a drain, or do you go conservatively and collect them as you complete modes?

Right and maybe if you start a new mode you say I don't care a mode has started there are too many SIMs on the line. I am going to focus on collecting the SIMS and I will just have to wait till next time around to collect this mode.

#7173 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

a stacked pack of SIM should only give +1X (and not the amount of SIM stacked)

Yes,
That would be the way to do it.

#7212 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Can't find it anywhere.

I'm pretty sure that pinball machines are made with "Instant Hole."
Worst product ever made.

The instant hole appears around 2:40 in the below.

2 months later
#7643 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I tried using both https://unetbootin.github.io/ and https://rufus.ie/, neither one would unzip the code correctly for uploading. It worked fine on WOZ

I am sure you know this but just in case, use Rufus or unetbootin to copy/install the files to the usb drive.
The instructions can be found here:
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

Make sure you are using a USB drive that isn't too big also you might try a different USB drive.

1 month later
#7953 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Man.. I’ve played this game a ton at several shows and on locations. It’s still so different at home — to hear all the nuances, music, callouts. To have properly powered flippers, new balls and the Playfield playing real smooth and fast.. Crazy! Really enhances the game to play at home.
Gotta do the Velcro trick on the phone though I think — lots of rejects so far, a frustrating amount. The thin cliffy is slightly lifted around the hole for some reason - is this common?

I would say it is very common which is why many have ditched the external protector for the Mantis internal protector.

https://mantispinball.com/product/dialed-in-phone-scoop-protector/

1 week later
#8050 4 years ago

In theory you can light SIM cards by completing modes and a handful of other ways too.
In practice I have only lit SIM cards by completing modes (proper or Big Bang)
Anyone ever light a SIM card other than completing modes? If so have your incorporated this into your game strategy? Any suggestions for someone that is jonesing for more SIM cards (aside from carryover)?

1 month later
#8595 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Is the 'photo with high score' feature broken? A lot of the time the game will make like it is taking a picture just after high score initials, but it doesn't use the photo it just supposedly took. Instead, you see another picture that was taken sometime during gameplay. The option is not disabled on my game either. Face tracking and general picture taking works fine otherwise.
Rob

I found that I only had this happen when I was trying to make a funny picture. Anyone ever get a picture to come out of you flipping the bird? I have tried and tried, no dice.

#8629 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

what rotates the mode selection..

Flipper Buttons

#8668 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

It should be a double flip with both flippers. Needs to be done, while the cancellation message is still displayed. It is possible one time for each multiball (not only once per game), but never during a mode.

I double tap as soon as the bezel lights start to indicate a mb is ready and then I double tap again after a micro pause.
This maneuver takes about 2 seconds and the rhythm is 3 beats, beat one (Tap, Tap), beat two (Rest), beat three (Tap, Tap). This always works for me.
FWIW I get ready to start tapping right when the ball hits the side ramp or the Bob hole. So my taps start right when the lights start, not after the lights have started.

#8671 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

All right I’ll keep trying lol, sounds like it IS possible at least. Once you cancel, can you lock a second ball so you start the first multiball with 3 instead of 2?

No.
AFAIK Extra balls are only available as add-a-ball by hitting the phone 3x during a multiball.

#8676 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

Thinking of joining this club to round out my collection but have couple questions for the owners? can someone tell me what the difference is between standard and LE version? Is it worth it to get the LE over standard? For the LE owners, if you can do it again, would you still buy the LE or buy the standard?

LE all the way. I almost sold my LE to replace it with the CE.

2 weeks later
#8874 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Hey ripleyyy, thanks for the reply. I realize my question was a little vague. Let me restate...
Some people are having trouble with 1.71 in terms of video lag. When this occurs, they speak of reverting back to 1.57.
For these people that need to go back, why do they go back to 1.57 instead of 1.60?
... Altan

My recollection is power issues with flippers, upkickers, etc...

#8936 4 years ago

Go with WOZ, RR75th if at all possible. Together with DI they are a great combo. So different in play from each other, there is something for everybody.

1 month later
#9330 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wow I’m surprised this aspect of the game upsets you this much.
Do you even notice while your playing?My drones have all worked since day one. My biggest issue was cell phone assembly crapping out.

The props turning or not is a non-starter.
You can't hear them and you will almost never see them unless you take your eye off the ball to see if they are rotating.
And when you see the blur where the props are I don't think it helps with the story or the game.
Not like the lightning fast witch legs do on the spinning house in WOZ. If these didn't work that would be an issue.

#9332 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

No it doesn't bother me that much. I've only played the newest code anyhow. I just think it's nuts that others don't care. They bought the game new, paid for this feature, it's shit so JJP codes it out, and people are just cool with it.
Damn...I need more customers like that. What a win win!

You are right, you should get what you pay for.

1 month later
#9500 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Found a potential bug, or overlooked item. When you play DI with the phone app, you can't switch the disaster modes on the phone in the game. I guess they take an actual push of a physical flipper button. I know this is probably low on the list of the developers' priorities, but I figured I would mention it.
My phone app has always worked well with the game on all version of the code. I have an iPhone. I never use it, but it is kind of a cool feature to try every once and a while.

I'll say it. This is not a bug. Playing on your mobile device is a gimmick that turns your real pinball machine into a virtual pinball machine.
Cool to try for sure and kudos for being the first game with this type of remote play but please do not spend any development cycles making enhancements to this functionality.

I know we all want our machines to work 100% but if my/your dongle doesn't work it just doesn't matter or impact game play a bit. To me, this remote not working is as much of an issue as getting a scratch on the bottom of a leg leveler.

3 months later
#9899 4 years ago

Back in the day Jack recommended using 1 : 1 distilled water and rubbing alcohol.

1 month later
#10189 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok...got the micro-ray monitor in and ...looks great!
It wasn't a single pixel, but a vertical small line of 3 pixels. 90% of the time its essentially invisible on the cityscape scenes, so I can definitely live with it, knowing I saved $400.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Report back on if you see it everytime you play. That is so small.

3 weeks later
#10350 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m getting a good number of cheap drains out of the theater magnet.

The advised solution is to raise (maybe lower my memory is pretty bad) the upper left leg leveler a bit to change the trajectory of the ball coming out of the theater. What i do is to start wiggling the machine a bit side to side right before it releases. This seems to work very well for me especially on the EMP pulse mode.

1 month later
#10596 3 years ago

#10601 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Hmmm. Seems doctored.

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it.

#10632 3 years ago

Has there been any consensus on the benefit of upgrading the processor?

#10653 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Hi All! New owner here, just got it set up, DI LE 2 years old with 29 plays on it, I am excited!!! Love the game already, but one problem. The plunger will not get the ball up around the pf. It worked fine when I tested it out at former owners home, but now plunger is very weak. I looked in the manual but found nothing on adjustment plunger strength.....any ideas?

I had an issue where the shooter would collide with the auto plunger and slow down the forward momentum of the plunger right before it hit the ball.
You might try rotating the plunger and see if you can get some clean shots and some blocked(if you will) shots.

#10656 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I am new owner to a Dialed In LE and there is an error that happens every time I turn it on. It says there is an error and i have to open the door. When i open it, the error is alway the bluetooth dongle is missing. I dont see a dongle so maybe it fell out or something. This is my first JJP but can someone let me know what that means and how to fix it. Also, if the dongle is lost or broke, can i stop the message from popping up so my kids can turn the pin on and play it with out having to view the error?
TIA

You don't have to open the door. Just push the start button. The game will start and the error message will go away.

#10658 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

The "integration with the smartphone" [...] is a gimmick

What he said +1

Here are a couple of dongle photos for your reference.
The first photo is of the dongle in the USB cord under the left playfield support in the cabinet.
You might look in the coin box or the bottom of the machine. The dongle is pretty small and easy to overlook.
IMG_1243 (resized).JPGIMG_1243 (resized).JPGIMG_1244 (resized).JPGIMG_1244 (resized).JPG

#10660 3 years ago

The manual calls it: Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle
The dongle I have is a Rocketek RT-BT4.
No longer available at Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Rocketek-Low-Energy-Bluetooth-Adapter/dp/B00H8CMO

2 months later
#10953 3 years ago
Quoted from smognote:

I am sure this is already somewhere on the forum. My moving electric man fell off stick can not figure out how to fix him. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Screw him back on.

3 weeks later
#11012 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Another question for the team.
I have a Cliffy "cliffy" installed in the phone scoop that my friend installed. It's not sitting totally flat. Any ideas how to make is sit perfectly flat? It's working fine, but since it's always staring me in the face, I would prefer perfection!

My solution to this was to remove the cliffy (love me some cliffy) and use the mantis protector for that spot.

#11037 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I also played hobbit

So here's the thing with The Hobbit.
The multiballs are the funnest in the industry hands down. The rest of the game is like chopping wood. IMHO the multiballs more than makeup for the labor of getting there.

1 week later
#11077 3 years ago

I'm selling my Chrome Candy Blueberry shooter rod that I swapped out for a custom shooter rod. It looks beautiful on Dialed In LE and ships free to the US.
$50.

IMG_2164 (resized).JPGIMG_2164 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#11121 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

cover bracket lower left wireform

It is the solution that keeps the ball from flying off the end of the ramp. I don't notice it at all, in fact I had forgotten about it entirely until I read your post.

1 week later
#11248 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Ok tapping right at the start of the phone call worked

I found that I was tapping too soon.
My current technique is to double tap, pause, double tap again.
This always works.

#11251 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Is this black wire and yellow/brown wire supposed to be connected to something?

Just checked and mine is the same as yours.
Just heatshrinked and not attached to anything.

1 week later
#11348 3 years ago

RE: Battery,
If your machine is constantly plugged in to a live socket it probably isn't using the battery enough to require replacement every three years

#11352 3 years ago

I see this has already been answered but I will leave it up in case it helps.

You do need to shoot both ramps to light lock. However, when you start a game you need to start a mode before you can light Lock.
This keeps a player from having a multiball before starting a mode.

#11354 3 years ago

It starts as a 2-ball multiball with add a ball.

#11410 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

got #65 set up last night, so much fun. definitely a very underrated machine. came with a playfield protector on it. I don't mind it, but am curious if others think I should remove it. I do not plan on selling it ever.
[quoted image]

If it doesn't interfere with your enjoyment of the game, I say leave it on and know that if you ever want a minty fresh playfield all you have to do is remove the protector.

2 months later
#11637 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

But they’re not very attractive!

Given that they are pinball people they are definitely above average.

1 week later
#11644 3 years ago
Quoted from BriFi:I've noticed sometimes when I hit the SIM Card scoop, it registers a BOB trap door hit instead and therefore not counting the SIM card shot. This is frustrating when I have SIM Card lit. I guess sometimes I hit that scoop just right that the ball travels slightly up the subway path and trips the BOB trap door opto first before traveling back down to the phone scoop VUK. My NIB DILE was purchased seven months ago and came with Cliffy's installed at both the Phone and SIM Card scoops. Is there anything I can do to prevent the ball from accidentally tripping the BOB trap door opto first? Is there a simple way to relocate the BOB trap door optos further up the subway path without messing things up?

This happened to me too. The BOB opto is very close to the sim hole (they share the same subway) and the sim hole shot will roll the ball back up the subway and activate the BoB opto before the SIM hole opto. I followed the suggestion from another pinsider and moved the BoB opto further up the subway. I did have to drill two teeny pilot holes for the screws but it was a simple fix that has solved this issue completely.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/31#post-4167664

Quoted from Nokoro:

I find it hard to believe the ball is traveling the wrong way in the subway. Have you checked the BOB opto? Maybe it is loose or a little misaligned? Also try reseating the connectors.

This is a real thing. The SIM scoop is hard enough to hit in the first place. Losing your sim card to the BOB opto is infuriating.

1 week later
#11673 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

I was hoping someone can help me ...
I have the 1.73 code.
When multiball alert comes up at the phone and I hit my flippers simultaneously it diesnt cancel the multiball like it says...
I cant find it in the settings..
Amni doing something wrong?..
Thank you in advance ..

I double tap as soon as the bezel lights start to indicate a multiball is ready and then I double tap again after a micro pause.
This maneuver takes about 2 seconds and the rhythm is 3 beats, beat one (Tap, Tap), beat two (Rest), beat three (Tap, Tap).
This always works for me.

#11681 3 years ago
Quoted from BriFi:

fnosm can you include pics on your fix please? I'd really like to get a visual on how you fixed this issue on your machine. I'm also thinking about the shim idea from another pinsider on that same thread you linked. Thanks.

Here you go,
Just move the Bob Opto back up the subway. The top arrow shows where it was originally and the bottom arrow points to where I moved it to.
It hasn't been a problem that there arent opto holes in the subway. In this case the optos seem to work just fine without them.
I don't recall if I drilled pilot holes or not but I don't think I did.

Moment.jpgMoment.jpg
#11682 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Is there anything I can do to make the sim shot more from the upper flipper?

What you have to do is the same thing you need to do to get to Carnegie Hall.
Who knows what you have to do to get to Carnegie Hall?

But in all seriousness, the only thing I have seen people do that they claim has helped is:
Removing the whole cliffy
Removing a piece of the cliffy
Removing the rubber on the post next to the hole
I think I saw that someone recommended using a bit foam tape on the scoop
I think someone may have tweaked the shape/direction of the scoop by bending it

If you are going to remove the cliffy you can use Mylar to protect the playfield. Not as good as the cliffy, but better than nothing.

That hole sure is a pistol, and you really can't beat the rush when you collect a sim card.

#11697 3 years ago

#11699 3 years ago

Not a Ronald?

#11701 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

My game is not recognizing the ball once shot into the phone scoop. It appears this is an opto switch. I haven't really been under the hood of this game much. On a second note, when I got under there I was getting a strong electrical smell. Not sure if there is any relation here, but I doubt it. Any tips on fixing the opto?
Thanks

First off go through the switch menu to make sure they are not showing as broken, then make sure the sensors are properly in their holders and that they are plugged in.

3 weeks later
#11757 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Can't plunge the right ramp. Slope is at 2nd bubble line as JJP recommended.
Any suggestions?

Here are a couple of ideas:
Make sure that the plunger isn't being blocked the auto plunger. The easiest solution for me when this happens is to rotate my plunger a bit and try again.

Right after DI came out there were 'sagging' issues reported and discussed here on Pinside. This may be part of your problem. If you track down those posts you can see how people attempted to resolve it.

One last thing is to see if you have a long or short barrel spring outside of the cabinet on your plunger. If you have a long one you can replace it with a short one(3/4") and that might get you over the hump.

Please let us know what you figure out.

#11761 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Make sure that the plunger isn't being blocked the auto plunger. The easiest solution for me when this happens is to rotate my plunger a bit and try again.

Here is a peek at this issue in the GnR thread with some good advice.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/131#post-6164378

#11763 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

are your playfield hooks bent? Mine were bent and it caused the plunger to hit the top of the ball.

I will check that out thanks!

4 weeks later
#11822 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can download a PDF one from the website under Support - Downloads - pick the game you want.
LTG : )

And of course you can access the manual from the service menu in the games. Take a look sometime at what is in the delta code updates. The reason the delta file is so large is that it has a copy of the manual in it.

3 months later
#11979 2 years ago
Quoted from BriFi:

For those of you wanting a physical DI Operations Manual, JJP just found a limited supply in their factory. I ordered mine right away. Get 'em while they last!
https://pinballwizard.com/products/dialed-in-operations-manual

Thats like 80% off. amazing deal.

3 months later
#12364 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

I would turn on the sim rollover as well much less frustrating and rewarding.

Just a vote for leaving SIM rollover off. With the SIM rollover set to off the endorphin rush is 100X when you collect a sim card.

3 months later
#12591 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

A quick question. I have a DICE with purple legs. On moving it I scratched the legs with the hydraulic lifting trolley, as the legs seem to be closer together width-wise than other pins, so were scratched by the sides of the lifting trolley
Is there a purple paint available anywhere than can patch the scratches?

FWIW I have confirmed that the same purple armor & legs are used on both GNR CE and DICE. Replacement leg should be available from the factory.

#12594 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Thanks.
TBH I was just looking for some nail varnishy-type little pot of paint to touch it up. The damage isn't too bad.

If you figure something out please share. I have the same issue on a couple of my DICE legs.

#12596 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Will do.
If no-one is able to help I'll try to find a solution with automotive touch-up gloss paint. Presumably there are apps which will tell you the colour code of paint.
I contacted a UK dealer who said get the legs powder coated. The issue for me is- what can you do for MINOR scratches. I don't want to powder coat these, or buy new ones.

If it is really minor why not try a purple sharpie or perhaps a piece of mirror tape

https://www.etsy.com/ie/listing/538217018/34-purple-mirror-hula-hoop-tape

or treat all your legs to a sticker with a drone or alien ship on it?

9 months later
#13166 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

What was the card?

+1

7 months later
#13357 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Pretty cool mods from Tilt!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Lets see them on your game

2 weeks later
#13380 9 months ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

For anyone lurking here lately thinking about buying -- still a favorite game of mine but I'd played the hell out of it and am looking to finally switch things up.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/159688

Great price for a great Lawlor pin. GLWS

5 months later
#13542 3 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

DI is certainly among the most undervalued pins, period. About the only complaint you hear is about "that cell phone on the PF". DI is the closest title to the classic WPC pins we've had in the modern era. I'd go so far as to say it's the best bargain in pinball for a modern, LCD-screen pin.

Yep, another Lawlor classic.
Pat's games are a blast regardless of the graphics and DI is no exception.

1 week later
#13558 85 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Correct, early run has no scoop protectors. Personal pref whether that's good or not.
I dont know if they ever shipped with the shitty knock offs before switching

Oh yeah, the in house version of Cliffy's definitely shipped on many games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnosm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=fnosm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.