IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippyd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

Put money down with PinballSTAR for an LE.

Have not played it yet but watched a lot of videos. My main concerns right now are that the sound/music could be better and the graphics on the LCD screen could be more exciting. The actual playfield and insert lightshow looks great.

6 months later
#68 6 years ago

Has anyone added an external sub woofer to their DI? Does it make a difference? Are there enough low frequencies in the fx/music?

2 weeks later
#125 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

First topper I've seen. Looks great! Where is it from?

Yeah where is the topper from? Is it direct order from JJP? Is that the CE topper on an LE?

1 month later
#367 6 years ago

My LE arrived last week and has been putting smiles on peoples faces ever since. Super impressed with what JJP and Pat Lawlor have put together here.

1 week later
#415 6 years ago

Anyone worked out an anti-ball trap for the right side of the left Ride Train ramp? Have had about 500 games played and it's the most common spot an air ball gets stuck. Can't shake it loose either.

#416 6 years ago

Another small question, should the left orbit shot go around smoothly and quickly? On my machine it almost always enters the skill shot or the pops. I've got the right flipper at maximum strength but feels like it might not be strong enough.

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Smooth on the one here. You shouldn't have to have the flipper at max to get the machine to work right. I think I only have the one here set 2 over stock.
Do you have an iphone? Super slo-mo recording is really helpful tracking down problems. Take the glass off and record the ball going into and coming out of (at the top) the left orbit and see if it's smooth of wobbling back and forth from wall to wall.

Yeah I do this a lot, it's super useful! It doesn't look like it's bricking into anything though, will have to investigate further. It seem like it could be EOS needs adjusting. Right flipper just isn't as snappy as the left and upper one are.

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

If you're referring to getting pinned between the gate switch and the habitrail, I had that same problem. It was the wiring to the ramp gate that was creating the ball trap. I ended up unplugging the wire to that switch, and running it across the ramp and down over the left side (then through a hole to the underside of the playfield). No issues since. Does that make sense?

Perfect solution! Thanks!

#485 6 years ago

Anyone else have issues with the Bob trap door flap not laying flat on the playfield? It seems to causing the left orbit shot to brick and slow the ball down. It's a decent 1-2mm of gap between the flap and the playfield. I tried adjusting the mech a bit, and also bending the flap, but neither really made any difference.

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

I have to say I'm unimpressed with the trap door, as a mechanism - I think it's poorly designed and implemented. It's clunky, doesn't seem to hold up well, and it's an all-too-frequent ball stop: if barely_ making the left orbit (hitting the opto and then falling back) ends a disaster mode, the trap door may well open and hold the ball, requiring a ball search. (Programming suggestion: a three-second delay between the end of a disaster and the triggering of the door.)

Put a super tiny drop of silicone lubricant on the trap door joints. Also make sure where the metal and plastic of the subway connect it isn't creating a tiny bump that will get the ball stuck.

After I made those adjustments we've had over 500+ games without Bob trapdoor problems.

1 month later
#947 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Do we know if JJP are planning one for DI?

They seem to be leaving some money on the table if they aren't. Maybe trying to make the CE buyers feel special.

#957 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I know it's been said already,but what is the best setting for the theatre magnet?

It's going to be different from machine to machine. You need to take the glass off and go into the software settings and there is a very easy test to... dial it in! The -70 to -90 range seems to be what most people are having success with but the test can make sure you're perfect.

#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

Damn, tough crowd.

I appreciate what Pin Stadium is doing and think it is a cool product but a few posts too many and it starts to feel like a salesman evangelizing and sometimes that gets annoying.

2 months later
#2503 6 years ago

Two of the LEDs around my DI's phone seemed to have gone dead. They don't come on in test mode either. I reseated the CAT5 cables on both ends, no change. Should I just open a ticket and get some new LEDs?

#2696 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Does anyone happen to know when JJP will start shipping out manuals to our dealers?

I’m gonna contact them. I bet you they have them ready but are only shipping out to people who contact them. Had same thing happen with my Hobbit manual.

1 week later
#2787 6 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Has anyone had a problem with the ball getting stuck inside the crazy bob subway device? Have had it get stuck inside there on a ledge 3-4 times in the past week. Had to tilt the machine by picking up the front to get it out of there.

Had this problem when the game was brand new. The problem lies where the metal trapdoor meets the plastic subway ramp. You have to bend the metal to make sure there is no lip catching the ball there.

I just grabbed the metal part of the trapdoor/subway and shoved it with a decent bit of pressure until it was higher than the plastic subway.

1 week later
#2920 6 years ago

Damien, increase or decrease your slingshot power in the coil settings menu. You should be able to reduce or get rid of that.

As for drone magnet chucking to the left outlane, it happens to me but maybe less frequently. I’m usually nudging the play field a bit anytime the ball is in the drone zone which might help too.

1 month later
#3295 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Hey all..Trying to install mirror blades but having an issue with the bolts attaching the back box supports. Is there a proper way to twist or amount of pressure to get them loose?

Lots of torque. Mine were very tight and I had to upgrade my hex tool to have enough grip/torque.

#3343 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's a LOT of blue LED light. Careful with that as it has been shown to permanently damage retinas due to its unique wavelength.

In albino rats and in petri-dishes with pig cells.

"The bottom line, Dr. Khurana says, is that taking preventive measures against blue light even though there is no evidence of damage could be more harmful than the blue light itself. “It’s premature to take preventative action against blue light—there could be unintended consequences,” he says. - https://www.aao.org/eye-health/tips-prevention/should-you-be-worried-about-blue-light

#3349 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Are there any news or updates with the Mantisprotector and how reliable the shot in the phonescoop work?

Yes I would love to hear about this. The Cliffy phone scoop protector produced way too many brick outs for my liking. It definitely needs some protection though because the wood is getting chewed up. I suspect the Mantis will probably have bricks too though...

3 years later
#11990 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Honestly, that’s what scares me about changing the battery with the power off. It would be nice if someone could put together some step by step instructions. I would definitely do it to avoid the risk if I knew better how to deal with BIOS settings.

Basically you would remove the battery with game off, replace with new battery and close it all up, then plugin a USB keyboard via the usb cable in the coin-door and turn the game on, find and change the Multi-Monitor setting in the BIOS, save the settings and reboot.

If you need step-by-step on how to deal with the BIOS that could probably be done by someone kind enough to put together a few screenshots next time they do a battery swap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippyd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=flippyd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.