IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#575 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How limited is LE? Or is it even? Out of ?

JJP got weird on the naming here. I don't think the "Limited Edition" is actually limited at all. It's just 'the fancy one' - the Collectors Edition is the 'limited' release at 150.

3 weeks later
#888 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wait is that a joke? Don't we just download the code and install ourselves.

Quoted from aeonblack:

Yeah, what? The firmware update for DI is done through the app (and over bluetooth to the machine) and not through a connected usb or something? That's bass ackwards.

The new code needs a new version of the phone app for compatibility -- so maybe they're just timing the 2 together. That's what he meant.

1 week later
#1335 6 years ago

For Ron.

2D3E46EF-664F-4EB4-A98C-DFC1D70BFAD0 (resized).jpeg2D3E46EF-664F-4EB4-A98C-DFC1D70BFAD0 (resized).jpeg

Look at it. Sticking up there like it’s flipping me off. Same to you, door mech.

#1393 6 years ago

I don’t see DI protectors on cliffys site. Is ordering those an ‘email him’ situation?

#1430 6 years ago

I’m torn between dialing in my dialed in, and just playing it.

On the one hand, the left flipper doesn’t come up quite as far as the right. On the other hand, it’s still fun to play

#1435 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

adjust further. i have installed some machines where i had to set the theater magnet to -120.

I adjusted mine in test and the annoying bit is it’s inconsistent. I think I ended up on -110, and it’s pretty good, but it doesn’t always work. I tried -120 and it seemed wildly violent.

#1453 6 years ago

Mine is at the second line on the bubble, but if I throw my phone on the PF I get 9 degrees. Which seems wrong.

#1456 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Those phone apps can be very inaccurate for pitch and level.

I also tried it with my oldschool WMS 'angleometer thing'. Who ever used those? It's so damn tiny you can barely read it -- but it looked like about 8 on that one, but I may have not had it at 100% straight.

#1482 6 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Anyone own a Standard Edition? Or has anyone seen a video of one?
I'm curious what the light show looks like compared to the LE. Every video I've seen has been of the LE except for one, but the game is only in attract mode, there isn't any footage of it being played.
I know the Standard is missing the ramp lights and cityscape lights but I'm curious how much it darkens gameplay.

This is the video that cemented the LE for me:

Without the ramp lights, the upper left corner of the PF on a standard is so dark during lightshows.

2 weeks later
#1700 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Considering the LE is only a 1k bump, it's a much better value by far. The armor and invisiglass alone are worth the upcharge.

Everybody has different tastes when it comes to what's important -- none of the other LE features mattered to me. If the LE was just powdercoat and invisiglass I would have 100% went with the standard, no hesitation. Don't really care about the back wall city thing either.

But the lightshow on this game is so important to the overall package (for me!) that I had to go LE to get the ramps. Without them that whole upper corner is dark ... lacking. It's a big hole in the beautiful lightshows the game does. That one detail was enough to get me to spend the extra bit alone.

#1707 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I wonder how good pin stadium lights would be on the SE to make up for the dark corner? Might be another outlet. how much is that mod, $100?

Quoted from jwilson:

Aren't Pinstadiums like $260 or something? Lot of cash for two RGB strips from China.

Also they're a saturating single color that would somewhat nullify the effect of the games light shows.

#1710 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If someone can't see any area of the PF they should head immediately to the doctors office.

It's not about it being 'too dark' -- it's that it IS dark, in a lightshow. So like, on a color wash across the playfield: if you have the ramps, the color carries over the ramp area -- if you don't, there's a big hole in that wave. You know?

The visual impact of the masterful use of the full RGB has this big gap in it without those ramp lights.

#1732 6 years ago

I almost wish the midfield magnets would pulse slowly after a theater drop to pull the ball off center.

1 month later
#2355 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The Titan rubbers I installed are so bouncy that when the diverter is down and the ball is traveling fairly quickly, the ball bounces off the upper PF into the Skill shot

I thought that was part of the intent - to give you the possibility of feeding the upper flipper. It's obviously not just a "go to the pops" thing because the's just one small hole.

4 months later
#3970 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Can someone explain to me the "story" of Dialed In (or link to it)? Guy finds a phone with special powers from Dialed In Electronics...

DIE makes a phone that can cause 'quantum events'. DIE loses phone. Average joe finds phone. Average joe gets hit by lightning with phone. CRAZY SHIT HAPPENS.

The aristocrats.

#4018 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

That adjustment pin is the real fix. Bent mine in place and tweaked it and now it works perfect. Others will tell you the joint needs oil, etc.....but that’s not true, the plate adjustment pin is the correct fix.

I tried doing it the adjustment thing way, but then the trapdoor didn’t hold open as far and there wasn’t proper clearance for the ball. I’m still in a no win situation.

5 months later
#5567 5 years ago

Is there a collected 'common issues with DI and fixes' thing like somebody did for ... some other game that is escaping me at the moment?

I have the theater guide with the harsh edge I'd like to fix, but I'm not sure about the best way to cleanly re-shape it. I kind of want to adjust my lock ramp to come down farther left than the dangerous point it does now, but with how the ramp edge goes over the nut it's not just a simple move and tighten down affair -- has anybody done an adjustment there? Bent the ramp? something else?

I think I finally have my trap door working well. I tried all the basic advice I'd seen from others, but was still having issues. In the end, the screw on the bottom of the drop coil on mine was loose so the coil would rotate and the catch/release would get screwed up.

#5590 5 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Might have missed that during the beginning stuttering. Saw the animations still not working later in the video.

The game they were playing on wasn't fully loaded with the new animations yet due to them still processing/rendering elsewhere.

#5594 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

IIRC, you get the PC armor, Shaker, Volume/Headphone jack, and Invisiglass for the extra 1K. I think it's worth it. On the secondary market, there are plenty of DILE's going for 8-8500 right now, if that's an option for you.

And the ramp LEDs for the 2 ramps in the upper left, and the lit back panel.

#5618 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Is it normal that you only scratch off the first lottery ticket, then have the rest of them automatically get scratched for you? Or is there a setting for this?
I'll start Lottery Ticket, wave to scratch off the first one, then for every ticket I get after that, it scratches off automatically.

The ticket scratching is just based on movement in the camera. If you just move your body a bit, that counts. You don't have to specifically wave your hand.

#5620 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Maybe, but mine scratches without movement.

You're a statue when you play? Really?

#5675 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

take off the protector and put mylar around the hole. Makes a huge difference.

Hole wear isn't really about the surface like mylar would protect thought, is it? It's more about the edges that it bangs into.

#5718 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I haven’t really played RBION; is there something similar to collect on that game that is also a tough/lucky shot?

You get 'Ripley' letters for completing modes, but there's not a shot to collect. You just get them when you meet the requirement.

#5725 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I still think the big bang should collect a sim card if lit.

I lobbied for this on the stream of the new code. Ted said no way.

#5728 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Heres a crazy idea. With the next update pretty much completing the code would anyone consider paying X number of dollars for a second city block of disaster modes? Typically I would be against such an idea but Dialed In's code is super deep and offers a lot to do. A second city block of 11 additional disaster modes would appear on the LCD and change the entire look of the LCD as it would be another area of Quantum City. Maybe at the start of the game you select what block of modes you want to play.

While I'd be all for new/varied animations on the screen - 11 more modes seems like massive overkill. It's not like they'd be functionally much different than the ones already there.

#5811 5 years ago

Turn down the power of the sling coils a bit, or put a second rubber ring around the posts under the original — if You’re having a consistent problem with it.

#5858 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Question: Two of my drones are acting up in that the propellers don't spin. If I give them a couple of rotations by hand, they spin again, but only for a few times, and then they seize up again. Reading other posts, it seems that these drones are a common problem. I'm worried that if I get new ones, the same thing will happen eventually. Is it worth it for me to put a ticket in? The drones are cool, but I'm not sure I want to go through the trouble of replacing them only to have the new ones fail as well.

Not sure about anybody else, but I can't even tell the drones do anything while playing. The only time I notice the propellers is if I'm testing something with the glass off. I could see buying a new set to just save until you want to sell the game so that you can have them working and not take a ding on the price from some complainer -- but I can't see spending money on new ones to just burn them out again. Hell, maybe I'll go unplug mine so they don't wear out and then plug them back in if I ever sell it.

#5901 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just fill out a form on the JJP website. I have the Mantis scoop protector installed, and I'm not sure if I want to install the Sim card hole cliffy...it's hard enough to hit without one!

You're just raw-dogging the sim card hole currently? How is it holding up?

#5930 5 years ago

Ted posted this last week:

Quoted from check_switch_26:

Clarification: Your observation relates to what was shared in the stream a week ago. The code in games at the JJP booth at Pinball Expo is newer than what was shared on the stream. No static images. All of the phone character animations are in.
I don't have a firm release date yet. I'm aiming to have new code posted early next week. I'm still waiting on a few items.
--Ted

The wording of that "waiting on a few items" makes it sound like he's waiting for others to provide him with things, so likely more of the rendered animations.

#6067 5 years ago

It would be really cool if there was interplay between the theater modes and stacked items. Like if you’re doing the kilowatt drops and you hit the spider tartget, a spider appears on the front drop. Or if you’ve got the drone captive ball and you hit qed the front ball has electricity swirling around it.

Don’t expect it happen, just would be neat.

#6103 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Ted posted if there were no serious issues or bugs found, a code release should be within a weeks time.
Still say the camera is funky in lottery mode, doesn't see motion no matter how much I move and or how bright the lighting is in the room. Other then that the code has been awesome.

I got lotto mode a few times on the beta and didn't notice any difference in how it played. Did you disable the camera in game with that new option or anything? Strange.

#6126 5 years ago

I haven't ever had an issue with that wireform, but I have the game at the recommended angle and didn't jack the flipper power way up.

#6142 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

I have the dreaded service menu error of 'no bluetooth dongle detected.' Tried reseating it to no avail. Assume the common logic is just buy another one off Amazon?

I was going to say 'just disable it, who uses that garbage anyway' - but searching the online manual for bluetooth it doesn't seem that's possible. Doh!

1 month later
#6719 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Unplugging the bluetooth dongle greatly improves screen animation speeds to near normal. Hopefully this can be fixed somehow in the next update.

While you're at it [Ted], how about give us a setting to just leave the thing out without the game complaining, since nobody uses it anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=epthegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.