IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9623 4 years ago

Same problem here. I reduced the incline and it does seem to be a bit better. Gotta shake the game when it gets stuck. Make sure your tilt is set to less sensitive.

#9624 4 years ago

Trying to understand the update process. I am currently on 1.71LE. I downloaded 1.73 Delta from JJP site. I unzipped it on a USB, installed the USB and went to update from USB. It said updating in Progress, completed but it still shows 1.71LE. I tried this 3 times. What am I doing wrong here? Should I do factory restore and then update with the 1.73 update?

#9643 4 years ago

I'm running 1.73LE on my game and when I get an extra ball, the Shoot Again does not stay on. It does add an extra ball on ball counter but at no time does it ever say Player One Shoot again or Extra Ball "You're Gonna Need it" ;-P

Is this something missing in the code that will eventually get addressed or is it just this is how it is, live with it.

E.

#9646 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

It’s because you’re playing balls in reserve, so extra balls are added to the screen and not awarded immediately at the end of each ball. The major difference is when you are playing multiplayer. Instead of getting your extra ball at the end of your current ball, you get it after the other players take their turns. You can toggle this feature on and off in settings.

Oh cool thanks. I had no idea. I will change it.

Thanks
Ed

#9648 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Sure thing. But balls in reserve is a cool way to play. If friends are over, they don’t have to sit around waiting while you play each extra ball before they get their turn.
It just counts balls differently. You have X number of balls left, rather than being on ball Y out of 3.

Yea I get that. Also noticed that I was able to start a 2nd player on ball 2. It acted normal and the 2nd player just got another ball when I was done. Very cool.

Ed

3 weeks later
#9782 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Man I checked and all my linkage and flipper parts look great mechanically so it must be electrical. Then j got to thinking maybe it's a feature, but wanted to ask to make sure. Thanks

I thought the exact same thing when I got mine. I was like oh man my flippers are all screwed up. Then I was told about the attack mode and it's so awesome.

Really enjoy this game. I had to add the cliffy for the phone hole, the shot is alot tighter now but I had to as the hole was wearing badly on the right side.

#9784 4 years ago

I used to be able to make a great goofy face when I enter my initials but it seems the latest update takes a shot earlier and not when the camera clicks when you enter your initials. Now I have live with an even goofier picture of me taken while i am playing ;-P

#9785 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I pulled the factory protector and installed the mantis one from below. Put mylar around the entrance so the wood is protected.

I will give that a try. Thanks. The factory one definitely tightens the shot in a bad way.

#9800 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

These are tricky. The camera has face recognition software, so if you make too big of a goofy picture when you hit "end" on the initials screen it won't register, and it will just use one that was taken during gameplay.
I have small kids, and when I get to take my picture and they notice, they want to be in the picture too. So if we are trying to take a picture with two of us, it rarely works. The face recognition software will zoom in and crop on usually the bigger face (mine) instead of taking a picture of both of us. If I want the picture to be just of the kid, I have to make sure and hold them up at the normal player position and duck my head down.
Interestingly....I have a friend that owns a JJPOTC, and he says the high score picture can be taken by the pin at any time during the high score entering, so he has to hold a funny face the entire time he enters his initials. Sounds like a big pain. I wonder why JJP changed the software for that.

That's interesting. I usually make a tons of goofy faces during selfie overload but timing the end it tricky. I have done it a few times, didn't know it had facial recognition. I guess that's now another challenge mode ;-P

#9801 4 years ago

Has any one created homemade decals for their targets that they would like to share?

1 week later
#9824 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

If you don't want to put any money in it, you could put a microswitch to restart just the phone when it goes off and won't come on during gameplay:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/194#post-5369688
Of course....in the month after I've put it in, I think I've only used it once or twice. (though the phone has blanked for 1-2 seconds several times).

Had this same issue happen the other day. Phone went blank. I turned off the game and back on, phone has been fine. Weird but only happened once. Was afaid the phone died...

#9830 4 years ago

On 2 occasions I had a ball go into the BOB trap door, I guess too quickly, and it winds up falling inside the cabinet. Is there an adjustment I need to do to prevent this from happening again? Trap door does not appear broken as it does work. Maybe needs adjustment? Is this the same as what I have read about putting washer to extend the plunger?

#9833 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Posted here on Pinside . Bend the tab a little. Another poster printed a 3D plug for the end too.
LTG : )[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you I will give it a try.

You are always so helpful.

THANK YOU!!!!!

2 weeks later
#9872 4 years ago

Yea thanks. Never thought about playing with the magnet strength. Will give it a shot. I adjusted the upper flipper and it makes the lock shot like butter.

4 months later
#10757 3 years ago
Quoted from maur:

Guys proceed carefully. You have no idea how crazy and complicated things get on DI. It is not like any other game when it comes to changing the battery.
I don't know if all JJP games are like this. If they are, then I would suggest someone think about changing the location of the battery.
Maurizio

Thanks for the heads up. I never thought to change my battery. Looking at the manual, this looks like a real chore. Not looking forward to doing it but I will get around to it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=edster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.