Topic Stats

• 8,827 posts
  • 486 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by KingBW
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,067 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190819_181516 (resized).jpg
6CF3159B-EE80-44BD-91BF-D1C8ABFAA9BF (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190818_173650 (resized).jpg
20190817_173756 (resized).jpg
20190817_145853 (resized).jpg
20190817_132702 (resized).jpg
20190816_170413 (resized).jpg
hwinfo (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.21.07 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 14.29.30 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.20.42 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.32.01 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.32.03 (resized).jpg
WP_20190814_11_46_49_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20190814_11_47_04_Pro (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (1 year ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (1 year ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (1 year ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (1 year ago)

Post #1253 Velcro fix for right ramp hangup Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1258 Detailed pictures for adjusting a misbehaving trap door Posted by foobeer (1 year ago)

Post #1332 Getting access to computer in backbox on Dialed In Posted by hank527 (1 year ago)

Post #1347 Ball trap location. Posted by Kevlar (1 year ago)

Post #1377 Fix for USB at the coin door not working Posted by Pinhead1982 (1 year ago)

Post #1391 Fix for Tilt Bob not working all of a sudden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1431 Adjustment point to grease for trap door to operate smoothly Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Adjusting arm on Quantum Mechanic Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2507 How to get in backbox to check audio connections Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #2661 DIY Lighting how-to for sides of Dialed In backglass Posted by lyonsden (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#466 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Week to week currently. GB is one of the best earners, and Dialed In is basically matching, not outperforming. The route I help with didn't get GB Prem until late Nov because of the playfield drama. Aerosmith Prem was an earnings dud and is already gone, just like Hobbit (which I think was hobbled because of the popping problem that made it irritating to play). KISS Prem and Metallica Prem both do very well on location (KISS earnings destroyed Aerosmith here).

I love hearing about what machines earn the most on location.

#503 1 year ago

On my way to pick up my LE. Will be in the club soon.

#510 1 year ago

just joined the club. So much to say but will later. For now - can someone tell me what bubble settle they are using for level? Where is the bubble on yours? I ask b/c this game seems to sit much lower on the back legs than my WOZ.

#512 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

That can vary from game to game. Those cheap levels are close to useless.
LTG : )

Well I did use my phone app but I just have a feeling it's a little flat but said it's 6.5. I usually have the legs jacked up in the back but with DI they are at almost the lowest settings yet it's level with my WoZ on the same floor with the highest settings. Maybe the can is drilled differently in DI?

#517 1 year ago

any topper action besides Collectors which I'm not even sure is avail for sale?

#518 1 year ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Another small question, should the left orbit shot go around smoothly and quickly? On my machine it almost always enters the skill shot or the pops. I've got the right flipper at maximum strength but feels like it might not be strong enough.

I feel the same about mine. Left seems stronger. My game says strength for flippers go to 32 but I can only put my right at 25. Is that normal? Did you guys end up rebuilding this too like the other guy? Just curious if there is another solution as these are brand new machines. Seems extreme. Mine def has power and in fact it will go around the orbit but barely - it just doesn't feel as snappy.

Also - my theatre magnet pulls the ball back up and over to the top right flipper. It's like the shadow (kind of cool - ball drops a little then gets pulled up and through to the right onto topper right flipper). Is that normal though or should it fall back down (not up)?

#521 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

Your magnet is good. Just like shadow and pulls around to flipper

nice - I think that's sick as I recently played the shadow for the first time and was impressed on how that looked. This game basically took the exact thing.

I wait for other input on that right flipper before I change anything. It does hit ramp and orbit will go but barely. Just seems odd that brand new could be weak.

#523 1 year ago

Mine does it whenever something there is in there to hit. Think shadow - it does the same thing.

#524 1 year ago

anyone sell mirror blades for this game yet? Also - which there appear to be two active threads for owners:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/26#post-3981122

#528 1 year ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Yep mine are on! http://Www.pinballsidemirrors.com
Same as WIZ and Hobbit!

OK so you bought these then?

https://pinballsidemirrors.com/product/pinball-side-mirrors/

and you didn't have to do any mods to it to make it work? Best approach to install?

#530 1 year ago

how does this game choose the mode (diaster)? Random but wasn't sure if I have control.

plan on summarizing my experience thus far but in general - I was 100% wrong on this game from the start. Intro of this game to the public couldn't be farther from the real core of the theme. This is a fantastic pin.

#537 1 year ago

I Coil stops look good. It could be position of the flipper. I just adjusted mine to point further down and it's already better. I was able to clear the orbit but that was on a ball with speed. Dead stop ball on right it goes around but hits too many things (especially when it curves to the right goes up that little high and comes down by the poppers - it usually gets caught there. I'm not sure if you guys are flying balls on dead stop all around the orbit. If you are can you post pictures of the flipper setup.

#538 1 year ago

I also noticed there are 4 lights right in front of the lock down bar. There are also 5 LEDs in the back (if you lean down you can see). All of them work in test but I don't see them on during play. Maybe not paying close enough attention and they come on only during modes?

EDIT - looks like the back ones flash during modes. Haven't noticed the front ones.

On MB - anyway to not have the phone consistently vibrate while MB is avail?

#541 1 year ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

If you turn up the shaker from default med. To high you can feel the phone vibrate.

Yes I have done that. I'm wondering if you can TURN OFF the phone from constantly vibrating or ringing....

#544 1 year ago

So update on my right flipper - lower the playfield to stock (bottom - as they suggested although my bubble is a little under the second mark) AND lowering my right flipper a bit has enabled me to hit the left to right orbit clean when the ball is moving towards my right flipper. On a dead flip, it's not there 100% but I'm also not sure it's expected to. lmk though.

#549 1 year ago

so after playing what has to be a ton of games on this tonight, the right flipper is good. Def was playfield height and the position of the flipper.

This game is amazing. Top 3 for me right now - could be top. It's really that good. Feels so good and you just want to play one more time. Plus I love that shadow like magnet pull in the theatre.

#555 1 year ago

this B O B shot is confusing me. I thought it was easy - you hit them and spell out BOB and then you get the first reward (crazy mode), then you can hit them again, spell out BOB and you light the other option (extra ball) then repeat and you get MB but when I try to do that, I'm not seeing the lights for the other 2.

Long story short - how does the BOB work?

Also - there are squares in the middle by Dialed In and I can light the first two or three but the other one (attack something, then armegeddon, etc) - how do you light all those squares and does it reset after each ball? I've reviewed the instructions but still don't understand it fully.

#562 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Spelling bob lights kickback and lights random bob award. Extra balls that are lit in the game are collected there. When the lock is lit you can also lock it in bob shot.
The squares are telling you what is available. Like "charge the phone" which lights the disaster and the "disaster" square... "Lock is lit" etc

Thanks! So how do you earn those quick MB modes? Is it not by hitting the BOB targets multiple times? Same with the extra ball. Or is it earned by hitting BOB 3 times and you're given them randomly - there is no way to guarantee when you get them??

#574 1 year ago

How limited is LE? Or is it even? Out of ?

#580 1 year ago

just put up a score of 2.5 mill. Wow - what a game. Loving it. So much fun and it flows so well.

so are bobs MBs given purely randomly or can you earn them somehow?

#583 1 year ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Wow how long did that game last? Was that 3 balls or 5 (is that an appropriate question around here?)

3 balls. I ended up getting 4 sim cards. Felt like atleast 15 min and I'm by no means someone who plays for score but knew this was going to be good when I had almost 700k first ball and I ended up receiving at least 2 extra

#588 1 year ago

I just realized that some of the characters on the cell phone are not animated when speaking while others are. JJP revisiting to fix those or was that purposeful? Looks like they just ran out of time?

#591 1 year ago

Oh yeah I own woz. Jjp does a great job with code support

1 week later
#634 1 year ago

So what are the four lights in a row right in front of the lock bar for?

#668 1 year ago

suggestions for hitting the sim card shot? I've done it with left loop, right upper flipper but anything else? Also just installed mirror blades. looks nice...!

#671 1 year ago

Mirror blades in. REALLY makes the game pop even more - highly recommended as those black walls just look so incomplete. LE version - mirror blades from Pinball side mirrors:

https://pinballsidemirrors.com/product/pinball-side-mirrors/

Get the JJP WoZ/Hobbit size. Great company and was timely in responding to my questions. Installation was easy (youtube mirror blades and there are videos on how to do this) - no cutting or trimming necessary. The right one was harder to get in (really need to push in) but they installed well and look great.

I think the only thing this game might need is something in that back left corner (against the wall). What a great game though. So butter smooth.

Before 2 (resized).jpg
After 2 (resized).jpg

#673 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

side mirrors look great....I have them on my WOZ, and Hobbit...Looks like I need to order for my DI now....

thanks. I bought a RR woz with them and never saw them in person before - was really impressed. Bought the same for DI and next to each other, they look even better....

#675 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Did you move your Crazy Bob's sign or are they coming like that from the factory now? I had to add a clear plastic from the subway station to the angled sign so there wasn't an airball trap with the re-orientation, though.

No it was moved so you can see it better. Didn't come like that.

#677 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I thought maybe JJP had made a production revision to make the board actually USEFUL when playing. Angled is the way to go, but if you do, you need a clear plastic to prevent airballs from getting stuck behind the now-angled sign.

interesting. I played many games with it and never had an issue with airballs.

#680 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

We had a ton of airballs off the post to the right of the phone hole until the machine calmed down.

funny how you mention the machine calming down b/c obviously this is a new machine and I've noticed the same. For example my right flipper felt weak at first but now I've had to reduce it back to stock power as it was becoming too powerful. it's weird but its as if the parts needed to bake in a little. game plays really well.

as for the magnet at the tunnel - what actions are you see for each? The secret box tosses it up but another it allows me to shoot right through....

#687 1 year ago

guys - does your game have any rubber protection on the left inlane middle post? The left inlane has a rubber on the post to the left but the middle post that is in b/w - any rubber expected to go on that one?

#694 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Nope. It won't play right if you add one to it.

Ok I can see that but won't the metal on metal scratch the ball?

#697 1 year ago

can someone confirm what your magnet does (if anything) for the other prizes besides special/secret package? Does the ball go through or is it stopped?

#699 1 year ago

Ok I never noticed it on MET and didn't want to make the assumption that it was standard. Thanks for confirming

#703 1 year ago

That's a nice score. Did you change settings to get combo score to record and is that just hitting loops?

Also can someone confirm what the theatre does if anything for shots when there is something visible?

#705 1 year ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Factory settings, the only thing I changed was flipper settings: 23,23,20.
Those are consecutive combo's(loops & ramps).
You collect what is available in the theater (hurry ups, spiders, bonuses, drops, etc.). Tons of stuff to collect & score on in the theater. It's a major part of the pin.

thanks - I feel like I need to check settings b/c I've hit a ton of combos but never asked to record initials. You didn't change anything to record it? Maybe I haven't hit enough? So combo is left ramp followed by right ramp or left loop?

As for theatre - I understand what there is to collect but is the magnet in effect when you pick them up? For example mine turns on for drops but not everything)

#710 1 year ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Combo's are only recorded consecutively, not total for the game. Any shot that has a corresponding "combo"(loops,ramps) lights yellow. So, my 11 Combo Champ score, was 11 Combos in a row.
The theater magnet activates for most modes, but not all. I'll keep track & post what modes.

didn't even know about the yellow arrows....what is the default amount before you record name b/c I've def hit left ramp right ramp back to back 7 times and no opp to record...

btw - magnet def goes off during certain modes but I was curious about the drops that appear in the theatre itself.

#712 1 year ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

The inserts light yellow & start to flicker as your time is about to expire before making the next consecutive combo.
You can check your game with the flipper buttons during attract mode. I think it's 5 out of the box.

got it. So 5 is default and 6 would get your initials? Again I think I hit 7 combos (left ramp into right loop and back to left ramp 7 times) and didn't get the initials. You didn't change any settings so you can record it? I might try it again tonight.

#715 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

There is also an audible cue as you progress within the same series of combo hits. The sound pitches higher and higher for each successful strike.

yep - that's what I heard when I did this initially (which is why I didn't even notice the yellow) i just went for that noise. I def got 6 in a row. hm....

#717 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Really.. You must be either a very different in what appeals to you in machine or perhaps be thinking I don't have a good feel for machines? Hopefully the former as I kinda tend to think I'm not too bad a judge machines after nearly 20 years in the hobby and owning 26 different titles. With DI, it's not a game play issue, it's a theming issue. Comparatively, the Hobbit really drew me in a lot further with the theme and the gameplay is hardly shoddy either frankly.

I just think it's a matter of taste. Not to say one is better than the other but DI is such an addictive pin. It really clicks for me with the amazing layout, look, feel - it has everything.

Hobbit is an absolute snooze fest for me. It's prob one of the prettiest machines but I actually LEFT the game two different times b/c it's so boring. Yes money left in the game, but after hitting the 10th pop target and getting my third MB I said I'm out and left.

Just diff in opinion although the market for the game has literally dropped out and I'm not surprised.

#725 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Chris sighting!! Congrats on 132 my friend. Why no topper? It will have lighting support soon. Are you going to Expo, IAAPA or Free Play Florida? I’ll be at all three again this year. Can’t wait for you to publish dvd volume four!

LE doesn't come with topper. Speaking of can we buy that separately now and will lighting be CE exclusive or will it work with le?

#730 1 year ago
Quoted from stpcore:

As time passes I'm learning to not automatically pass on a pin because the theme doesn't appeal to me.
Dialed In has to be one of the most fun pins I've ever played and I'm proud to own it. This is coming from a guy (me) that saw DI revealed last year at Expo and concluded that I would have ZERO interest in even plunging a ball because the cell phone theme was "stupid". Well now this "stupid" pin is rocking my gameroom and is a favorite of friends and family members. I learned a great lesson.
PS...Baywatch is another sneaky great pin with a theme that doesn't appeal to the majority!

This exactly. Count me in as someone dead wrong about the game!

#767 1 year ago

guys - I need to trim a little off of the phone scoop cliffy. I realized it's grazing the ball upon exit. I've already turned the part that was catching up and it shoots fine and offers perfect protection. What is the best thing to trim/cut this extra metal off? I tried normal scissors but not strong enough. Need a small but strong precision pair. Any recs?

btw - cliffy on my GB also caused some air balls so I ended up taking them off.....

#772 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'd leave it alone. The ball action will bash the protector into the perfect shape after a few weeks of playing.

I hear you but I just don't see it happening. That tin material is strong and its not moving back. It was installed perfectly fine too but I'm sick of how it effects the kick out and just by flipping it up and over it's perfect and I still get that protection. I might just leave it flipped over as it's just layered over. Dikes are a good idea. Both interpretations too.

#773 1 year ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Do the "pops" get stronger(voltage) as you level them up? I swear they do.

holy shit I was thinking the same! How awesome would that be!

#780 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't have an issue with my cliffy....I did however have an issue with the skill shot cliffy....the switch kept getting hung up so I had to remove it...

I have had a similar thing as well (ball gets stuck on that switch occassionally but it's a little bump to get it off (no tilt usually) so I kept it on.

Again - I love cliffy but there have been some really wonky things happening with these new games after applying his items. GB was the worst as I had to remove the cliffy.

#782 1 year ago

"Added "rough cut" of Chaos in Quantum City wizard mode (available after six
Disaster Modes)"

I guess this is a new wizard mode? Cool. I hope they replaced current still shots of characters with video like the others. Wonder when it will be released.

#786 1 year ago

at this point I've tweaked my game so well it's "dialed in". Game plays great, flippers both strong, scoop shot spitting back out perfectly and everything protected. Posted this beauty of a score just last night after work.

I can't wait for the updates either. 2 weeks is def not coming really soon but i will take it!

e355b38473230a2fc217f498f95f010ad781354a (resized).jpg

#797 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:

well duh, but the jjp homepage makes kind of a secret about it. The guys who will help me carry it downstairs want to know if and how much heavier it is than say bsd.

It's the heaviest non wide body out there. I believe it's heavier than BSD

#804 1 year ago

wait so we need to cut off the mylar on the magnet? I wonder if mine has that too. They have been working well I think. What would this bring to the table if I do?

#812 1 year ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I believe it's about 350 lbs. Definitely feels as heavy as WOZ.

As someone that moves these things by themselves, WoZ is still the absolute monster when it comes to weight. That machine almost killed me when I was moving it to put the 4th leg on. All of the weight went to one end an it was me or the floor who was taking the hit. Of course I went right into it and saved a mess. DI is def lighter but also def the heaviest normal body machine I've moved.

On a side note:

Does anyone know if the machine "stores" those selfie pictures anywhere (at least temp)? Got some real good ones of the kids.

#815 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

My DILE comes today!! Super excited...

That's awesome. You're going to love it.

I'm hoping to pick up alien today. Nothing like getting a new pin

#817 1 year ago

New. Picking up directly from CT. They were going to contact me today to confirm today or tomorrow pick up

#834 1 year ago

so lets talk about topper ideas (for LE people). This game shares so many similarities with AFM (style wise) I would think you could use something from that. Maybe even putting one of those flying saucers on the top of it. Not sure if anyone made a saucer topper for AFM but that would prob work.

what else? I need a topper and I'm not creative!

#840 1 year ago

I'm on 1.00 and it catches it a lot....

#842 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

O wow your way back on code. U sld have at least 1.13? Maybe im just trying for it more now lol

Yes misspoke whatever latest is

#846 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its not gonna stay perfectly shiny especially bc of all the magnets . Most of the marks sld wax out when its time. Also i wld change the balls to super shiny.... that helped on mine

Where do you get those shiny ones from

#850 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pinball wizard is where i ordered mine

thanks. I will prob need to replace some of the rubbers too (slings, etc). What do you recommend from that place?

#883 1 year ago

damn that code cant come fast enough. Hope it doesn't take the rumored two weeks.

#885 1 year ago

wait is that a joke? Don't we just download the code and install ourselves.

#889 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The new code needs a new version of the phone app for compatibility -- so maybe they're just timing the 2 together. That's what he meant.

Oh got it. Phone connectivity is so dumb what a waste imo now it could delay code great

#944 1 year ago

wait why not sell that topper? I guess trademark concerns?

#974 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Did a short video of dile..... you may notice some slight differences from your all's di...
» YouTube video

thanks was interested to see this. That's new code right? About 4 min in and noticed new speech for MB (slower Now you're dialed in - sounds good). Effects are enhanced too or atleast I don't recall them being so blown out . Didn''t notice too much else thus far though. Was hoping to get more phone animations or background tv art.

#1052 1 year ago

Damn some harsh responses. The pic on the left def looks darker than mine and I have no problem seeing anything but I'm willing to give the guy a post to show the pics. I wouldn't expect multiple posts though.

#1164 1 year ago

I'm thinking about replacing rubbers. For those that have done this, do you have the information on what to get? Also - I'm assuming it requires taking off all related plastics?

#1166 1 year ago

great much appreciated.

#1195 1 year ago

oh man sorry to hear - hopefully you fix it.

#1217 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

One issue I've been having with mine is a lot of rejects - I'm assuming the protectors are doing it on the phone and SIM card, but I'm also getting a lot of rejects on fast shots to the right ramp. The ball hits something in the transition and bounces back.
Anyone else seeing this happen?

I've experience that as well - whipping shots to the right ramp sometimes bounce back out and I've had some absolute rockets actually continue around the orbit! Majority go on the ramp but it's def the incredible speed that causes it to deviate.

#1227 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

That would be great if you could post a pic of what worked for you. Thanks!

I would like to see this as well.

#1324 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Been playing new code for 2 weeks and still can't figure out what overcharge does....

Doesn't it award you with more points during the mode if you start with the phone overcharged?

#1382 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

+1! Put a seperate post out to find out who supplies them

who?

8 months later
#4923 1 year ago

guys - do standard william/bally mirror blades fit on this game? I feel like they do and have an extra pair so wanted to confirm.

EDIT - it appears they do. I checked in this thread (earlier posts indicate yes). I'll try mine and if they don't sell them..

#4953 1 year ago

Looking to rejoin the club. Have like new AFMr and TnA plus cash to offer. PM if interested. Can meet half way driving too. thanks

#4989 1 year ago

Guys just a reminder that if you have a newer DI make sure you change the color settings on the display. When I originally had my DI last year JJP replaced the display due to a dead pixel. I noticed that the screen out of the box didn't have the same pop as my original.... Reds especially. Fast forward and I'm back with a Feb build and same thing with the screen.

I went into the screen settings and bumped the contrast from default 50 to much higher and changed the color settings too and now it's much more vibrant. I'm an oled guy so I like a saturated picture!

I'm looking forward to the code update. I said it when I owned this last year and I still say the same thing now..... Smoothest shooter out there. Each owner should be given a stick of butter when you buy this game. Unbelievable.

#4995 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

On the phone display or the backbox display?

Backbox

#5014 1 year ago
Quoted from kharri:

Where are the screen settings to adjust the monitor?

Settings are on the monitor - you need to pull the monitor out and then adjust from there (just like you would on a stock TV).

#5023 1 year ago

A few questions:

1) How do you stop MB from occurring after two balls only? Is there anyway to change the default setting so you don't need to manually press the two flippers right away?
2) What is the best way to get the SIM card - best shot?
3) Is the "subway" shot the jackpot ramp that you hit top right flipper to left ramp?
4) What does overcharge do?
5) Best way to get the phone scoop to shoot just a little more to the left?

Thanks

2 weeks later
#5180 12 months ago

As a previous owner that will likely jump back in eventually I totally agree with that first mb. To cancel you have to be so (unnecessarily) quick and then it's up right away next ball. That should be corrected.
This game is so close to being a classic but after owning a Hobbit, my complaint of this game having very similar modes (exception of maybe one or two) is so obvious as that game really does have so many modes that feel different. The shot layout on this game is near perfect...... Excited to see what else they do for it

1 week later
#5231 11 months ago

I'm coming back..... Excited for the new code

#5233 11 months ago

Oh they will and if it's anything like the Hobbit hold on

#5237 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Don’t get too excited - Hobbit had a lot of gaps; DI is pretty complete

Agreed - DI is farther along but I feel like it really needs code to help make those bob MB's or any MB make sense to pursue. I'm interested in hearing other strategies right now besides hit electric guy, play mode and do it again...

#5241 11 months ago

so I get my dialed in today and first thing I'm hit with is trap door issue. If it's down, the switch does work to raise it when expected. Problem is I can see it struggles to actually close the door again. I'm out of time now to revisit but will tonight. If anyone knows of why it won't go down and what to focus on exactly, appreciate that info in advance - otherwise I will read through the troubleshooting as my previous DI never had this error. Thanks

EDIT - I did test to see if the latch coil works and it seems to make a noise but unless I push a little on the door it doesn't want to come down....

#5244 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

the posts are marked as key posts in this thread

thanks - this was the best one! After almost 2hrs - all good! I think the main culprit was that bracket was not aligned. That and a few other small things - fixed....

foobeer You're AWESOME!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/26#post-4049572

#5247 11 months ago

man - Dialed In still plays just as smooth as I remembered it. Prob my fav package - so much going on and it just plays so damn well! Still tweaking my top right shot....initially it was half way up now it's flush but I feel like it's tough than I remember to hit it up the ramp....

#5252 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I always have SIM card save on; you are right, the game is too hard without it. You'd never make it to the end without having that on - it's hard enough to earn the darn things!

I might need to try this never have

#5253 11 months ago

Anyway to increase GI brightness like you can in the other jjp games? Should be right? Can't find....

Also if someone has a picture of their top right flipper underneath and above pf, please post here thanks

#5254 11 months ago

Checked the DI manual and wanted to find the part for flipper springs. says 13-007001-00 flipper spring but that doesn't tie to anything online. I'm going with this one - most common apparently. Lmk if that's not correct. thanks

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=306

#5256 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. That will work fine.
LTG : )

Thanks!

So I've been trying to tweak this today - top right flipper. This is my 2nd dialed in and I just feel like the timing feels different to nail the shot up the jackpot ramp. It feels early to me. Is there something that could be causing this? The timing that I remember is sending the ball to the sim card area. I checked the flipper - seems mechanically fine. Could the spring cause this as I was adjusting it when I first got it (as it wasn't on properly - the flipper was not returning). Strength is 20 already.

The flipper is designed to sit flat against the rail right (not be position "out" at all right - expected to be flush?).

Edit - leveling the game again helped...funny I don't remember it being so dark. Can't find GI brightness increase which is too bad.

#5269 11 months ago

After 3 or so days of "dialing in" dialed in.... she really is purring. Butter smooth...

1 week later
#5302 11 months ago

Anyone experience ball deflects that bounce off of that ticket target and hit the crossing lower wireframe ramp? It happens sometimes along with the ball hitting the scoop rubber post to the left and jumping up hitting that wireframe. Left flipper is usually the suspect and strength is standard. I raised the wireform but still happens. Not all the time...

2 weeks later
#5430 10 months ago

I'm still trying to find the sweet spot of power but not causing the ball to hit off the theatre targets and hitting the crossing wire form. Anyone figure this out or is it inevitable that you're going to get richocet hits off that crossing wireforms based on the design of the game?

1 week later
#5583 10 months ago

I have yet to see it. Will check out soon. Wonder if the first mb is still a give me or if you can turn that off/make it harder.

I guess with the scoring rebalance it's it doesn't change it will stay be worth playing

1 week later
#5689 10 months ago

my book doesn't look like that. In fact I'm still blown away by how much ink they used for this manual. It's like the opposite of being green but damn it I appreciate it! I am so impressed with JJP. Make that GnR so I can give you my money!

#5709 10 months ago

I tried holding SIM but it felt like cheating. That feeling you get when beating a mode and knowing the next drain will lose your sim is such a rush.

Bring on the new code

#5762 10 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Yeah, they were both deeper into the game and probably have something to do with the theater modes. I've looked through the rules Wiki and couldn't find any references to them, though.

get the hell out of here! those are in DI? Sweet.

1 week later
#5928 9 months ago

I wouldn't get hopes up that the delay is for new features as that would take much longer. Let's get this code update out

#5931 9 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There’s a huge amount of new stuff, there’s a full new multiball, Major scoring changes, not to mention new animations

Not sure you understood my point. The new code coming out is going to be amazing. This notion that it's being delayed this week b/c we're getting MORE features is not likely.

#5945 9 months ago
Quoted from chill:

Ted Estes just posted a link to the beta update, 1.56, on the JJP Google group.
Anyone going to test it out and give feedback?

How do I get it?

#5955 9 months ago

Can someone just upload it to a shared site so we can get it? Don't understand why this is so hush hush. If i can get it, I would put it up right away. Thanks

#6050 9 months ago

This new code is amazing. I can confidently say this is the best pinball machine out there and let's just say I go through a lot.

The game is so balanced and just feels complete. New animations are great and even the mb intro was fixed so the balls aren't released before the guy says dialed in. Just a really polished code update. Great job

#6064 9 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think there's a case to be made for all 4 of JJP's machines as the very best out there, even the initially maligned Hobbit, after recent code updates.
They're all incredible, even if I still wish JJPotC was an original pirate theme.

Pirates is fantastic too. I like WoZ. Not a huge fan of Hobbit though. Gorgeous game killer code amazing sound.... Just don't care for that layout especially the crossing ramps. Still a lot of game for the price

#6080 9 months ago

Great to hear! So with new code what are the others was officially to get sim?

#6085 9 months ago

What are the new ways to light and collect sim cards other than modes? You mentioned more ways to obtain outside of modes

#6212 9 months ago

Agreed that the shooter needs to be updated. I went with modfather on mine!

I run a sub as well - maybe not imperative but def sounds better

Ultimate add on though - pinstadiums with UV glow. Works REALLY well for this game. It's very dark in the middle.

2 weeks later
#6373 8 months ago

Hit chaos mb mode last night and it's unbelievable in the new code. Love the call outs, the music, the light show - it felt 1000 times better. Love this game.

#6385 8 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Super beyond f'ing thrilled and excited to be finally joining the club very shortly
The game I'm acquiring is bareback but comes with a set of uninstalled protectors. Don't mind the work to slap 'em in but concerned about rejected shots. Is the general consensus to install or leave as-is in a home environment?

Awesome! Did you grab that CE? Great price for that

1 week later
#6434 8 months ago

Is it just me or do the slingshots feel weaker since the update? Am i correct that 60 is the strongest?

#6468 8 months ago

Sim Shot - now that the game has been out for some time what are the best ways to get that shot to go in? Curious what others are doing besides me (which is lowering the glass and flicking the ball in with my hand!)...

#6471 8 months ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

For me it is really the upper right flipper. 3 out of 10 times I make it. So playing left orbit or theater and using the upper right flipper... I had the feeling, 50% will be possible, if I continue training, but 3 out of 10 already feels great - and took only 9 month of training...

yes but HOW do you achieve success off that right flipper? How long are you waiting, timing, etc....? I feel like i need to get better at hitting from the right flipper. I removed the top rubber near the SIM shot but not sure that really helped.

#6479 8 months ago

for those that got a drone replacement, how did that work? I contacted JJP support but no luck in response. One of mine stopped working...

#6484 8 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Call again. They’ve been very good about replacing drones. Unfortunately I’m on my third set now. I’m assuming these will fail too and the next set will be the updated versions.

Thanks guys I'll just call...

1 week later
#6618 8 months ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

This exact same thing happened to me. I mean, 100% exact same thing. I fixed it, it's super simple.
If you lift up the playfield and manually plunge the coil to open the trapdoor, you'll notice that it gets "locked" by a tiny arm/hook. That tiny hook, which is activated by the small plunger, is probably off-center and loose. I'd be willing to bet that only the corner of the hook of it is actually grabbing what it's supposed to grab, hence why it works sometimes and not other times. If you try to twist it by hand, you'll notice how loose it's sitting on the plunger.
Take the hook, twist it so it's centered, and tighten the phillips screw that's holding it. Problem solved. I haven't had an issue in over 100 games since I fixed mine.
I'm at work so I can't take pictures. I'll try to find one and point it out to further help you.
EDIT: Found one. See in the picture how crooked the square metal piece below the coil is? (It's the one by the bottom green arrow) That needs to be adjusted. Loosen the top screw if you need to, then straighten the square bracket out, and tighten it back down.
[quoted image]

Same here - fixed and now all good for some time.

#6626 8 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

1.61 Beta is out. Seems to run perfect for me.
Ted is the man!
Nick "junky"

Where the forums? Those still never worked for me....

#6639 8 months ago

I'm a hawk with these things and I don't see any issues on 1.6..... Might be specific machines only?

#6641 8 months ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

I'm at a loss to explain it, which is why I asked for additional info. Joe and I tested on three machines before releasing the update, and several others (such as yourself) have reported that the latest code is working well.
(Edited to add: The 3 games Joe and I have access to are a mix of prototypes and production games, so they should be representative of what's in the field. Also, there were no changes in motherboard or aux display card during the production run.)
--Ted

I wonder if it's the monitor itself. Do you guys use different versions of monitors for DI or are they all the same brand and model. Could be a setting on the monitor itself? Odd. If you need anything from me pm me glad to help.

Btw should owners that have no issues with 1.6 upgrade?

#6677 7 months ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Mhhh .... if I play many minutes multiball and Chaos In Quantum City and earn 34.454 points ... it is not that "balanced".
But I agree, a very fine pinball machine, but not perfect. Since the updates many strange behaviors. Coils feel less strong, etc

I do feel like my sling coils aren't as aggressive as before - no change to the power changes this either. Game is really good though.

#6678 7 months ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

It's a "beta" release for now. Must have 1.60 installed before applying 1.61.
Link: https://we.tl/t-nqWcAB0bQC

==============================================================================
== Version 1.61 December 21, 2018 ==
==============================================================================
- NOTE: This is a "delta" upgrade, which must be installed over V1.60
=== Core Code
* Performance improvements

V1.61 is fresh off the press. Nothing further planned at this point.
--Ted

For people with NO framerate issues on 1.6 - should we still upgrade? Were there other updates?

#6712 7 months ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

By the way....MezelMods changed the station 1 design.
This is what it looks like on the site ->
[quoted image]
Notice the nice raised/crisp station 1 letters.
And now....notice this pic ->
[quoted image]
Notice the station 1 letters are flat against the sign and actually look a bit worse in real life than this picture.
I immediately noticed this and emailed mezel….they said they changed the design for cost reasons. Which is fine. Doesn't excuse them from not changing the picture on their site though.

I was never a fan of the original mod but that new version is def worse. I would ask for my money back

6 months later
#8073 53 days ago

So has anything happen with dialed in during the past 6 months? With Wonka being off my list I was thinking about revisiting DI....

3 weeks later
#8306 28 days ago
Quoted from jorant:

I didn't see much that blew me away on this stream. It is pretty much the same game minus a few things (progress towards quantum theater multiball is shown, "now you're dialed in" plays if you fast forward the multiball into, and emoji mode has more points?) That's all I saw.

Same - in fact I replayed the new light show emoji a couple of times which was a bad sign since I couldn't really tell. As others said, the code is very good as is so not sure what I was expecting but updates were very hard to tell.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 9,000.00
$ 189.00
$ 49.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside