IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damien.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#732 6 years ago

Question for owners. I'm considering buying a LE, but wondered about the following:

1) Does the game have depth?
2) Does it have an achievable wizard mode (unlike LOTR and TSPP)?
3) What is the build quality like?
4) Is it a family friendly game in respect to gameplay?
5) I notice that you can opt for a playfield protector. Is this Cliffy's?

Thanks

#735 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

1. Yes, but not as much as WoZ.
2. Two, actually. Armageddon, where you do the disasters but don't collect all the SIM cards, and Showdown, where you have finished all disasters and collected all SIM cards. Armageddon is achievable within the first few weeks if you play a lot and are a reasonable player. Showdown is MUCH harder and more of a long-term goal.
3. Build quality is the best out there right now.
4. Yes.
5. Not sure if you're talking about the full playfield mylar protector (which I think is overkill and ruins the look of the PF after a short time), or the hole protectors for the SIM and Phone holes. JJP is supplying protectors for the two holes now, but I and others still feel the Cliffys are better.

Do the games now come with the hole protectors installed?

I don't see Dialed In protectors on Cliffy's site. What does his set include?

#741 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

DIALED-IN-FULL SET INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
Phone and SIM scoops, Skill shot slot, 2 switch slots and 2pc shooter eject protector set $109....well worth the investment

Seems people have more faith in the Cliffy scoop protectors versus what JJP is installing?

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

He makes a quality product

So installing the Cliffy scoop protector is advised even though JJP puts one in?

Any issues with playfield chipping, ghosting, etc?

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

1) Incredible depth. ALL of the modes feel different, & are a blast to try to accomplish. You then need to collect the SIM Card before you drain a ball to achieve max points(multiplier). Add the "Big Bang" targets(light Big Bang, & Big Bang) to the Sim Card shot & reward, it gives each mode several layers. Really cool coding to do this, & the shots are all fun! It puts a lot of pressure on you to make that Sim Card shot. Reminds me of the scoop on Metallica when CIU is lit.
2) Detailed above perfectly by Vireland.
3) I literally laughed out loud when I unboxed it. My reaction was comparing it to the several Stern's I have bought & played over the last 2 years. The difference is literally laughable! It's like comparing a Lexus(JJP) to a Yugo (Stern).
4) Yes. My kids(15,14,12) love it! I've owned a lot of different pins over the years, & this is by far their favorite.
5) My LE came with the phone & sim card protectors installed at the factory. I had ordered the full Cliffy set when I ordered the pin. The JJP protectors look good & protect the holes well. The Sim Card protector from Cliffy goes all the way around the hole. The JJP one covers the front, left & right sides, not the back.
Overall. I couldn't be happier with this pin. It is a ton fun, it's loaded with toys & shots, & is build like a dream. It's pricey. Comparing it to Stern LE, it looks like a bargain!

Man, you guys are making this tempting!

Are there a lot of multiballs in the game?

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats what I did...zero chipping or ghosting...

How tough is the install for the two scoops?

I'm really tempted here! I have a TOM that I was planning to replace the pf on, but maybe I'll let it go and just put my money into a DI. What to do, what to do!?!?!

#787 6 years ago

Stopped by our local pin store the other day while out with the wifey and talked her into playing a few games with me. They pretty much have everything recent set up, and to my surprise, she turns to me while playing DI and says "I like this one!".

And my wife has as much interest in pins as I have in wallpapering.

Look like it's time to move something out, and move something in

#806 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Because the Mylar will eventually get chewed up over the magnet and you'll likely have to replace the whole piece of Mylar.
Like this from crwjumper :

LTG can you speak to whether JJP is doing anything about this on games in production?

2 weeks later
#1257 6 years ago

Sitting by the front door today waiting for my LE

When I get it, I want to deal with the magnet mylar issue, so would appreciate any advice on how to fix it up so the mylar doesn't bubble up on me.

Excited!!!!!!!!!!!

#1265 6 years ago

Just got my game in today, and having issues with the left wireform. Shot a quick video (pardon the crappy lighting) to show how the ball rolls to the bottom and then pops out rather than dropping down the hole.

Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions?

#1268 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Turn that flipper power down some and add a few washers under the wireform. It will calm down after playing a bit also. What angle u at?

Feel like the flipper strength any lower wouldn't make ramp shots. I think it's the angle of the wireform. I've tried loosen and moving it slightly, and it has improved, but still does not come down like the right side. I'm at 6.5 degrees.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Other than that what do u think of it? What code r u running?

I'm running the stock code (haven't even looked at what that is yet). It's a bit tough to play with the left ramp always putting the ball in danger, but it definitely looks like it's going to be a great game!

Two more questions for you guys...

1) When the ball rolls down from the theatre, it almost always goes SDTM. Is that how it's supposed to be?

2) I was under the impression that the scoops had metal protector that were only on the perimeter of the hole, and I even ordered Cliffy's to protect the surface, however my game has protectors that seem to cover everything. It was manufactured earlier this month, so maybe this is an updated improvement?

#1284 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Feel like the flipper strength any lower wouldn't make ramp shots. I think it's the angle of the wireform. I've tried loosen and moving it slightly, and it has improved, but still does not come down like the right side. I'm at 6.5 degrees.

I'm running the stock code (haven't even looked at what that is yet). It's a bit tough to play with the left ramp always putting the ball in danger, but it definitely looks like it's going to be a great game!
Two more questions for you guys...
1) When the ball rolls down from the theatre, it almost always goes SDTM. Is that how it's supposed to be?
2) I was under the impression that the scoops had metal protector that were only on the perimeter of the hole, and I even ordered Cliffy's to protect the surface, however my game has protectors that seem to cover everything. It was manufactured earlier this month, so maybe this is an updated improvement?

Anyone?

#1292 6 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I solved this by putting two Mezelmods slinshot protectors under the top screw on the left slingshot. It elevated the ramp enough that it slowed down and doesn't bounce out anymore. I also lowered the power of my right flipper by a few increments.
https://mezelmods.com/products/slingshot?variant=938045689

Cool, I'll try that out.

Does anyone know if JJP started putting Cliffy stype protectors in their recent builds? Mine has a full protector, not just the perimeter one they were putting in previously.

And, when my ball drops out of the theater, or doesn't fully make it through, it drops right down the middle. Does this seem right?

Aside from that, the game is fantastic! Definitely n my top 3, and likely higher as I get deeper into it.

#1370 6 years ago

Two days in, and I'm loving this game. Best light show I've seen yet!

Couple questions:

1) I put a rubber bumper under the left ramp, and although it now does not skip over the wireform, it does hop over the the inner lane, not the outter lane that the wireform is located on. Any suggestions?

2) Sometimes when I start my game, the mechanics hand is up, other times, it's down. I played one game yesterday where the arm was down, and the balls just got stuck there. Ball search did nothing to help. Any ideas?

3) My game is leveled at 6.5 and 0 degrees across, however when the ball gets held by the theatre magnet, and it releases it, it's straight down the middle with n chance to save. Really kills the flow. What can I do about this?

Thanks!

#1374 6 years ago
Quoted from Raincity:

I can help with this one, at least. There's a setting for the delay on the theatre magnet, it's just not in the settings menu, where you'd expect to find it. Drove me crazy because I knew I had seen the setting, but I couldn't find it anywhere - that's because it's in the Tests menu. Try setting it to -80 or -90.

Is it common that this would need to be changed to fix the ball from going sdtm? Didn't come across anyone else having this issue.

#1388 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Arm/diverter is down when lock is lit
Your theater magnet needs ajusted... set it to -100/-120...

I'll try out the magnet adjustment, and hopefully that will help.

For the diverter, it did it again this evening. Game started up with the arm down, and when the ball when up the left ramp, it just stopped at the diverter. Had to take the glass off to get the ball, and reboot the game to correct the arm.

Does anyone have a solution for this, or should I open a ticket with JJP?

Also, I put a post rubber under the wireform (above the slingshot plastic) to raise it a bit, and again tonight, the balls started hoping the end of the wireworm and going down the drain. Pretty disappointed that they would ship out a game with such an obvious flaw. Anything I can do? I read that people have used a couple of washers, but this rubber is at least the height of 2-3 washers.

Thanks

#1400 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Below the playfield is a rod that goes up and down, hooked to the arm. An offset cam on a motor pushes it up, and releases it back down with the help of a spring around the rod.
There is a threaded part in the rod that looks like a little leg leveler with a nut that rubs on the top of the cam. You can loosen the nut, and turn the leg leveler looking thing up or down, to adjust the diverter as needed.
I'd check that this moves up and down freely, and the leg leveler looking thing hasn't come loose and fallen off. If so, reassemble and find the spring and put it there too.
LTG : )

If this has come loose or fallen off, would it still be going up and down as the game powers on?

And is there anything I can do about the wireform? It has basically made the game unplayable. Balls jump at the end of the ramp right over the ball guide into the hole!

#1419 6 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Check that the mechanism is properly work by using the Statue Diverter Test. (Full Menu->Tests->Device Tests->Statue Diverter)
Pressing ENTER in the test will run the motor. Verify the "Diverter Down" switch activates when the arm is in the down position. Run the motor for a while to make sure the arm isn't catching on anything.

I run it, but "Status Diverter Position" doesn't light up or show anything. It just keeps going up and down as I hold down ENTER.

IMG_20171104_231452 (resized).jpgIMG_20171104_231452 (resized).jpg

#1421 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like the leaf switch isn't making contact with the oblong wheel that trips it on each revolution, or the blade fell off. I'd look under the playfield and physically watch it make a cycle.

Not sure if this will provide anything, but here is a photo:

IMG_20171104_232106 (resized).jpgIMG_20171104_232106 (resized).jpg

#1447 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

First, in that test mode, if you manually trigger that switch with the roller does it show up as activated? If yes, continue. If no, check the wiring or replace the switch.
Then when you run the test and the off-center barrel on top is rotated around so the "fat" part is pointing down, is it making contact with the switch with the roller on it? If no, adjust so it is. If yes and it's still not triggering, loosen the lower screw and angle the switch up so it triggers when the barrel is in the "down" part of the rotation.

So I pulled the pf up, and took a look. Seems the wheel wasn't pressing down on the switch enough to make contact. All I did was move it around with my hand a little, and it started making contact. Played a few games, and seems to be working, but I suspect this problem will reoccur. The part that looks like a leg leveller seem to only be able to adjust the diverter on top, but what adjustments could be made to ensure the switch always gets enough contact to press in that little green button? The rotating wheel doesn't seem to be adjustable, so it would maybe come down to pulling out that switch and attaching something thin on it that would close the gap that there seems to be between the wheel and the switch. Any thoughts on this?

I'm also now getting an error on coil #36, showing that the trap door is "broken".

#1448 6 years ago

A question for all owners. I've read more than once on this forum that the game was designed to be played at exactly 6.5 degrees. I've also read that 6.5 degrees should be achieved by having all leg levellers flat.

First off, if I put them all flat, I'm at 6.0 or less. My floor isn't perfectly flat, but it's pretty close, so not sure what that is all about.

And even at 6.5 degrees on the shooter lane bubble, when I put my small digital level at the same height of the playfield that the bubble is at, it reads as 6.3 degrees.

So, what do you guys think from you experience, is the ideal level to have this game played at?

#1466 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Hit both flippers at the same time TWICE in succession when the multiball screen comes up on the phone. MB will re-light after you start a mode.

Just a question... Why would you want to cancel a Multiball? Just asking as I'm new to the game and figure it's a strategy of some sort?

#1475 6 years ago

Played a couple of games tonight, and noticed that balls are shot out of the phone scoop, they now come noticeably slower than when I first started the game up.

Even had a couple of balls come right out of the scoop and straight down the middle.

Feel like everytime I turn on this game there is a new problem. Not exactly the greatest first impression of JJP.

Any suggestions?

#1476 6 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

To everyone who has the game with JJP protectors installed: GET THE CLIFFY'S. This afternoon I took the JJP protectors out and installed the Cliffy ones - they are SO much thinner and play better, especially for the SIM shot. On my game at least the SIM shot was un-makable with the JJP protector except from a random bounce-in - a direct shot would ALWAYS get deflected away by the protector.
Top score before today, a few hundred games in since I got the game a couple weeks ago: 750k
Top score today, about 5 or so games after installing the Cliffy's: 2.9M. Collected 4 sim cards, boom!

Yup, same deal here. That SIM protector is raised so much that a direct shot almost never goes in. Not sure how they put these things together like this and send them out. Glad I ordered the Cliffy's, and I'll switch them once they arrive.

#1492 6 years ago

So, put a list together of things that aren't working on my machine, and what I need to get it done. Cliffy's should be here tomorrow, and will get everything running as it was meant to be.

A little confused about what to do with the mylar on the magnets. Some people suggest cutting around the magnet on the top and others from the bottom of the pf.

I'm assuming the objective is to get the mylar. off the magnet itself and leave the rest that covers the area around it?

I know when I take that mylar off I'm going to be left with all types of residue on the magnet. How do I get the residue off without affecting the rest of the mylar? If I were to use something like Goo Gone, anything that got to the edges around the magnet could be affected.

Any suggestions?

#1494 6 years ago

Was writing the 1.50 image to my USB when I got this message to overwrite.

Does this look normal?

IMG_20171108_224824 (resized).jpgIMG_20171108_224824 (resized).jpg

#1496 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Click the Yes

Haha, I know to do that if I want to overwrite the file, just making sure this was normal. If you recall, I had that issue with the corrupted MMR file.

#1498 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Mine did exactly the same.

Thank you fine sir!

#1515 6 years ago

Contacted JJP a week ago about the many issues I'm having with my game, and haven't received a reply at all from them. If this is how they treat customers, it will absolutely be my last purchase with them.

On a side note, I've had only amazing experiences with CGC

#1517 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Phone or online? Their phone support is fantastic. Their support ticket system, not so much.

Online. Right out of the box, my diverter wasn't working, B.O.B scoop not closing, wireform does not hold ball and instead hops over into drain, phone scoop ejecting balls super fast one shot, then super slow down the middle the next, two snapped rubbers, the pf is so tight to the cab, that put it back into the the resting position almost takes force that feels like you're going to chipped off the edge of the wood, and of course, those annoying metal protectors that rejects shots more than they protect anything.

I've bought three games NIB, and I've had issues with all unfortunately. I think I have shitty luck with pins. But CGC was so quick to provide support, that I got things up and running quickly. Pretty disappointed with all the issues I have to now work through to get this game running after paying as much as I did!

#1541 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Most of those issues are easy tweaks that have been detailed here, but yeah, I'd try their phone support. Much better than online in my experience. I just put the revised cliffy on the phone scoop and it's night and day compared to the JJP one I tried out. That will absolutely solve your ball reject problems.

Support reach out to me after my second email to them. I fully agree that all of these issues are fixable, and I definitely will get them done. But am I the only one that thinks it's ridiculous to get a game NIB and have all the minor issues out of the box?

The B.O.B issue should have been addressed before JJP ever shipped these out. And broken rubbers just makes me feel like they didn't give a shit.

It's a pain in the ass for me, as I had to slide the game in the part of my basement where the ceilings are low, and in order to life the pf, I have to move a lot of things around.

Not the end of the world. Got the Cliffy's now, so once I find some free time, I'll knock all these issues out and finally get to enjoy the game. It's definitely a fun game!

One question about the B.O.B door. What sort of oil/grease should I use? And in the video a few pages back, the guy talks about bending back a metal tab. Is that necessary, or just put oil on it?

Thanks all

#1543 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Ok. Cliffy sent me the info. Question is do I go for the hole protectors for 54 or the whole set for 100 something. . Not sure what others are for.

Full set includes shooter lane and lane switch protectors. Go for the whole set. You won't regret it!

#1549 6 years ago

Just a quick update. I did get an email from support at JJP and Jack himself. They've been very helpful.

LTG Steve mentioned that you might have put together a Quantum Theatre uninstall guide? Trying to figure out how to get access to the mylar, so I can cut around the magnet to prevent future bubbling.

Also, just something I was wondering about when I got the game delivered, but totally forgot about since. I received 3 leg levellers that were standard size (as you get on all games) and one that was much longer? Is there a reason that JJP send out one super long leg leveller, or was this a botch up?

#1578 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Very basic level
Hit moving target man to light mode in phone scoop.
Complete mode hitting shots to light sim card.
Collect all sim cards for wizard.

Isn't there a wizard mode for starting all 11 disasters?

#1612 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I used a very sharp x-acto with a long handle and took my time. Was able to do it without removing theatre.

Whoa! How'd you pull that off? Did you cut from underneath the pf? I'm about to do mine soon, so I'm curious to know.

I'm guessing there is a slight gap that you can get the blade into between the pf and magnet? Did you have to adjust the magnet after to make it flush with the pf? And did you have residue to remove?

#1634 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Some pics of afmr (before stock protector) and mmr....

Same story here. Granted I have a load of plays on my MMR. But the "lock" hole and drain hole on my AFMR were chipping so badly that I had to stop playing until the Cliffys arrived.

I'm new to the hobby, but if they put a couple more coats on, would it not improve this?

2 weeks later
#1967 6 years ago

Finally got a chance to pull my machine out last night and put some work into it. Got the following done:

- Adjusted diverter switch, so game always starts with mechanics arm up as intended.
- Sprayed some lube on trap door mech so now it opens/closes.
- Cut the mylar off magnets (they were already starting to bubble after less than 100 games).
- Replaced JJP phone/SIM protectors with Cliffys (WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!).
- Installed shooter lane Cliffy.

With all of these things done, I'm finally able to play and enjoy the game, and after installing 1.50, WOW! Game is packed with some serious fun! The light shows are insane! Playing with the lights dimmed was pretty awesome!

Now, just have to wait for JJP to send me my replacement ramp (balls still flying off the end of the wireform) and like many others in this thread, my theatre magnet releases balls SDTM.

#1972 6 years ago

Does anyone happen to know what this issue may be? Everything looks fine from what I can tell.

IMG_20171210_000227 (resized).jpgIMG_20171210_000227 (resized).jpg

#1977 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Did that get the error message cleared for you with the info that I posted and the more detailed response that vireland put up?

I bent the switches back a bit, and now when I boot up my game, I get the notification to press "enter" for error report, but when I do, it just shows a blank page on my screen. No longer shows the switch error, but for some reasons, it's telling me there is an error? Anyone know what that might be?

I'm also still having major issues with the theatre catching and releasing balls SDTM, and the phone scoop sometimes ejecting balls on a slow and weird angle which often go right between the flippers. The theatre is just infuriating though. There is no possibly way to put together a good game, as you're bound to lose at least 1-2 ball a game to this.

Not sure what I can do at this point. Do most of you guys have your game set at 6.5? And what part of the playfield are you gauging 6.5 at?

Thanks for all the help guys

#1991 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I had the same really annoying issue. Here are some software setting Ted Estes added to help...taken directly from the JJP Google Group topic.
New in software release 1.52, added adjustment "Theater Magnet Catch Behavior" with the following settings:
- NORMAL: Theater magnet behaves EXACTLY how it did in Release 1.50 and earlier.
- PARTIAL: Removes the "catch and release" behavior. Ball will not be caught on the magnet, except for Drone Mystery and Showdown.
- OFF: Removes both the "catch and release" and "catch and toss". Ball will be caught on the magnet for Showdown only.
- TEST LAB: Replaces "catch and release" with "catch and wiggle". This is experimental code and is subject to change. If you don't like how it works, don't use it.
If your game tends to drop the ball between the flippers after being caught on the Theater magnet, try these steps (in order):
1. Adjust the playfield side-to-side pitch slightly by extending the right front leg leveler a small amount. The goal is to have the ball drop to the left flipper.
2. Change the "Theater Magnet Catch Behavior" to TEST LAB and see how that works for your game.
3. Change the "Theater Magnet Catch Behavior" to PARTIAL.
4. Change the "Theater Magnet Catch Behavior" to OFF.
If you don't feel like messing with the magnet and it just annoys you, set "Theater Magnet Catch Behavior" to OFF.

I'll try that out later today.

Another problem started up. The diverter arm is now not lowering all the way down, so the ball gets stuck on the ramp when arm is down.

I banged my knee up playing hockey last night, so not sure I'll be able to get under the machine for a few days, as I have to pull the machine out from a bulkhead to raise the pf

What do you guys have you game set at? 6.5? 7? 7.5? Curious to hear...

#1995 6 years ago

Measured where on the pf? Using digital level?

#1997 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Digital level is fine or pinball leveler ap...that will let you see if your bubble is pretty close or not.

Haha again... Where do you guys generally take your measurement? In line with where bubble is, or top of slings?

The pf generally decreases in slope the higher you go.

#2025 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Actually we don't know how much the magnet is sticking out if you want to get very techincal which it sounds like everyone does.
I need to re-level my machine as I put the levelers all the way in like they never told me to do but apparently is the way it was designed. Now I wonder if it will fall diff'rent?

This never made sense to me. Apparently PL said that legs should be flat to the floor. But how does that make any sense considering every floor is different, and likely none are totally flat. In order to get to 6.5 degrees, my game must be flat in the front, and about 5 full rotations on each of the rears.

I also think this idea of 6.5 degrees being "right" is a bit off. Most people use a torpedo level that takes a measurement from the center of the level, which tends to land above the machine's bubble level. Others measure at the top of the slings or the middle of the pf. But what is the "true" 6.5? I'd argue it should be at the same height on the PF that the bubble is mounted to. As an example, measuring 6.5 digitally where the bubble is, would mean that above the slings it's closer to 6.8.

This is not an exact science, and the variations between machines makes it an impossible task to try treat it as one. I guess in the end you just have to set up the game so you enjoy how it plays.

Unless PL is personally coming to your house to level your game, I wouldn't put much stock into his recommendation to twist all those levellers in.

Just my long-winded thoughts

#2032 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes, we all understand this now. The problem is JJP never told anyone.

And the problem is no one ever told Pat that floors are generally not even. And that not everyone has the same floor

#2036 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

You're right! Instead of designing the game so that it is set up perfectly right out of the box provided you have a level floor, they should have designed each game with different leg configurations for differently sloped floors.

Hahahaha. That's pretty good. You should run that idea by Jack!

But maybe you're not getting the point. If you have a sloped floor (which I do) and you try putting the levellers down, you almost have a flat pf. At that point it's not pinball, it's chess.

I wonder if PL came up with that idea, or those awesome protectors first?

#2039 6 years ago

Has anyone had a problem with the phone scoop ejecting balls at very different speeds? For the most part, it will shoot out strongly to the right flipper, but occasionally it will come out noticeably slower and just go SDTM with absolutely no chance to save it.

Was having my best game ever last night and had this happen. Makes it hard to get deep into the game when you run the risk of losing a ball anytime that scoop goes off.

I tried bending the scoop hood down bit. Noticed the balls were ejecting faster and stronger, but after a few games it went back to the current problem.

Anyone have this happen?

#2088 6 years ago

If anyone is having issue with balls flying off the end of the left wireform, I think I have found a fix:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-bounces-out-of-the-ramp-in-dialed-in#post-4134445

#2089 6 years ago

I also get a lot of side drains coming from the slings. Usually bounces off the left sling and directly into the right drain.

I get at least one of these every game I play. Is this normal?

#2110 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Listen doofuss, I've played 300 games on DI and the slings aren't brutal *at all* compared with my other games (theatre is another story). Damien was complaining about his sling behavior and I'm simply saying I'm not experiencing the vast sling/side drains that he appears to be experiencing.
Rather than bully me with your BS, why don't you try and help the dude having the problem. Or better yet, stalk him and leave me alone!
snaroff

I just shook my head when reading some of the replies. I need a middle finger emotion.

But I do appreciate you actually trying to hear me out on this. I wasn't for a second thinking that drains from the slings were abnormal. But compared to any game I own or have played, it seems to happen much more frequently.

And that was all I was asking. Maybe JJP set the sling strength to high at the factory like CGC did with their flippers on AFMr.

It was simply a question...

#2125 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Listen doofus, to use your own terminology, I've watch this craphole way longer than the 5 years you've been here. I'm also on other forums and rgp long before you were here. I choose not to put my location or there because I'm not an idiot. I don't need to list my games here to try to compensate for the size of my, well you seem too. A support ticket for the slings sending the ball into the outlane is stupid. So is a support ticket for an airball off the slings. Learn to adjust your games, it's not that hard.

Dude, you ever think you might be taking this pinball shit too seriously? I don't know either of you, but I know one of you was trying to be helpful, and the other was pretty much just being a condescending prick.

Just step back, take a breath, and think about how fortunate you are to even be in a hobby like this when there are people who won't be able to put dinner on the table tonight.

Life is good... Smile

#2126 6 years ago

And... On a more positive note. I just wanted to quickly share my experience with JJP support. Initially I wasn't getting replies because their ticket system was getting flagged as spam.

Once we sorted that out, it has been nothing but a great experience.Jack personally wrote me, and I've been working with Stephen to get everything I need.

Their emails we're very personal and genuine. Feels like a smaller company that actually cares about customers.

Even though my game has been a bit of a pain in the ass, knowing how willing JJP seems to want to get everything right for me, gives me confidence and patience that this will end up alright.

I know they often browse this thread, so if you're seeing this... Thanks again!

#2139 6 years ago

Curious to know from others where the ball usually gets redirected to from the drone magnet. Lately, it seems to be spitting it directly into the left drain not giving you an chance at saving it. I really don't recall it being this brutal.

Also, I played around with the Lawlor idea of turning in all levellers to get the game to a perfect 6.5. Even on the bubble, I end up under the first line, and with a digital inclinometer at the same level as the bubble, it's showing 6.0 degrees. And of course, it feels super floaty.

If this game was designed specifically to play at 6.5 degrees as many have echoed here, then where is that measurement taken? Should it be in line with where the bubble is? That seems like it would be sensible.

There seems to be a multitude of answers to this. Some people take an average. Some just measure anywhere and whatever it reads is what they go by. But does it not make sense that there should be a spot on the pf (parallel to the bubble) that would give you the most accurate reading?

Thoughts?

#2148 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

All levelers in (or out the same amount), on perfectly level floor, should put you at 6.5. If yours feels too floaty there, turn up the back slightly. Don't worry about the number.

Still goes back to the original question. Where is 6.5 measured on the pf?

If we go by the second line on the bubble, that is actually 6.2 degrees on my pf at the same height using a digital inclinometer.

All levellers flat, in an area of my basement that is relatively flat, put my game at 5.9-6.0 degrees.

#2150 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Between the slings.

So between slings the reading should be 6.5? Which would be the third bubble line on my game.

#2152 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Which is why you'll always hear "never trust the bubble."

There's a lot of stuff I don't trust. I guess I'll add the bubble to my list!

#2154 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Interrupting this thread for a special news announcement: DILE #997 has arrived! Incredible machine...there's no other words to describe it!

Congrats!

Is that your GC of 4.7 Mil?

If so, and you just got the game, then I am convinced I suck balls at pinball! hahaha

#2179 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

After a rigorous battle, I beat the game! Went to showdown, and what a blast it was! It reminded me of RTU on AFM. Very cool, and I can't wait to do it again! Next time it will be extra difficult setting

That's insane! You just got the game! Man, I don't think I'll be reaching Showdown ever!

I've been 3-4 calls away from Armageddon, but that's as close as it gets!

#2197 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

See if the springs are still on it below the playfield. Check drawing in the manual to see how it's assembled.
May need cleaning or a little lube in the tube the shaft goes up and down in.

The piece that looks like a small leg leveller may have lose.

As LTG mentioned, look at the drawing, and ensure everything looks right. Mine had come lose and was often too high as it rotated.

#2214 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Tweaking a game to make it more enjoyable to it's owners is goodness, not cheating. That why even tilt bobs are adjustable.
Even when SIM Card Lit Memory is "YES", it's far from an easy game (assuming you are on a traditional 3 ball game).
I think the SIM Card shot is awesome. I also love the GEM shot on TRON...and hyperdrive shot on SWLE. Tough shots are what makes us coming back for more
snaroff

Interesting! Had no idea you could change settings to keep SIMs lit after draining.

I honestly have no idea how anyone collects 8 cards on default setting.

#2216 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I had one of those too. What an incredible wizard mode!

Am I missing something... I have hit 1 million once or twice, and you guys are blowing it up.

I feel like I'm decent at most games I play, but maybe I'm missing something on DI!

#2236 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. I'm not saying to LEAVE it that way, but if someone isn't enjoying the game, why not make it enjoyable while they learn. I have a friend that set his new Sterns to 10 balls/game because at 3 balls his games were over in less than a minute and he wasn't enjoying the games. He eventually went to 5 then ended up at 3 balls/game with a much better understanding of the games and substantially more skill. It wasn't ever going to be a permanent change or a "cheat" but a TOOL to help him learn to play the games while having FUN. Everyone is not at the same level, which is why the games have options. It's YOUR machine - set it so you have fun.

Hahahaha, why the hell would someone downvote this post? All he's saying is that there are varying levels of skill in pinball, so why should we frown upon someone changing settings to increase their enjoyment or understanding. I actually considered turning my MMR up to 5 ball, as others who play my game aren't as experienced with it, and might have more fun having those extra balls to push them deeper into the game.

But to actually take the time to downvote that is pretty lame. Why don't you save your downvotes for people who actually come on here and say offensive or belittling things to others in this community. Anyhow, just my thoughts. Feel free to downvote

#2244 6 years ago

Someone had mentioned stacking multiballs is a strategy to get through some of the modes and score. Can someone explain that a bit. Sometimes I get the lock and phone rings for multiball, but I can't get the mode started first.

Would that also include starting a mode, and then looking to start something like Chaos in QC to get through that mode?

And how do you stack multiballs?

#2259 6 years ago

Is there a way to restart a game after the first ball is played, like on B/W games where you just hold down start?

Also, I think someone mentioned you could use Chaos in QC to help complete a mode, but not sure how since it automatically starts after completing the 6th mode.

#2264 6 years ago

In what JJP documentation does it tell us the recommended leveling for this game. Doesn't seem to be in the online manual, although they does mention a torpedo level as a required set up took.

#2284 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

No game tells you what to level it at. You level all games at 0 that's a side to side thing. Many games, DI included recommend a particular slope.page a4 tells you how to slope it, all levelers full in, page a7 says how to level it. (Version 1 and 2 manuals)

A bit untrue. All 90s B/W manuals that I've seen recommend 6.5 degrees.

Right now my digital level shows 6.3 degrees between the slings, yet it sits just above the second but bubble line.

#2286 6 years ago

Also, I think I've sorted out and dialed in every issue (and I had loads!) but one thing I can't seem to figure out is this damn theatre.

It's not even really the magnet. It's the positioning I think. If I shoot a ball into theater and it doesn't pass all the way through, and roll back out, it's 90% down the middle.

I've had so many games shaping up to be great that get absolutely ruined by this.

Anyone know what I can do?

#2289 6 years ago

Oh trust me, I'm nudging like a mofo! But it still is very difficult to save.

#2298 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Thanks libtech ....knew it'd be something simple!

Take a look at the instructions on the JJP site for installing their clumsy Lawlor protectors.

It's a pretty good step-by-step guide.

And be careful when tightening the scoop protectors. Too much and you'll bend the edges.

Also make sure you have the new version of the phone scoop protector. The older one sort of impedes the ball eject.

#2313 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I experience this with the factory rubber. But it should be noted JJP changed their rubber material a few months after production began. The original rubber had virtually no bounce to it and the ball would just die after hitting the diverter and roll down off the mini playfield. The new rubber has much more bounce.

Anyone know when to source the rubber they're using on these games? Like many of you, my game was covered in dust out of the box, and rubbers are already looking rough. Probably going to change them out soon, but not sure what rubbers JJP is using. Doesn't feel like the standard stuff I buy from Pinball Life.

#2326 6 years ago

After the updated to 1.5x, did the extra ball handouts change? Before upgrading, I was pretty frequently getting 2 extra balls in a game, and since, I've only ever earned 1.

Extra balls definitely would help get me to Armageddon, but have no idea how they're earned.

#2331 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

After the updated to 1.5x, did the extra ball handouts change? Before upgrading, I was pretty frequently getting 2 extra balls in a game, and since, I've only ever earned 1.
Extra balls definitely would help get me to Armageddon, but have no idea how they're earned.

Anyone?

#2334 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Combo eb was changed to 35 instead of 25.... also u get a,extra ball after starting 3 modes.

What's the best way to rack up combos?

And is it only 2 extras balls awarded?

#2340 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

The old default gave you an extra ball for passing 250 or 300K score. They turned that off by default now.

I noticed that. So one way to get an extra ball is to start three modes. The other way is to do combos. But how do you do that exactly?

#2354 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Anyone curious to the exact cause I've illustrated the issue. The top (ball stopping) part of the wireform on the "bad" ones is parallel or worse slightly further toward the player than the bottom (ball dropping) part. This causes the ball to ramp upwards and go flying. I've illustrated (poorly) the part that is angled in on the newer correct wireforms, which causes the ball to immediately collapse down through the hole. You'll see on his original direct overhead shot a few posts up how the top is clearly further towards the player than the bottom. This is the manufacturing error.
Fixing this is not a matter of just bending that thin piece I'm pointing the arrow at so the top is before the bottom, since these pieces are connected at other thicker points along the way. But if you have access to tools that allow you to make this happen, you'll have fixed the issue.
On proper wireforms, the ball should NOT bounce back at all when it hits the end of the wireform, it should immediately drop down.

That's why they are going to start sending out those hideous plastic shells. I personally would rather just have the correct wireform, but it does not seem that they're going that route.

#2367 6 years ago

I've heard a lot of people mention that the proper way to set up DI is to put all of the levellers in. But tonight I was downloading the 1.52 Delta, and stumbled on the Quick Start Guide by accident, and noticed this in the corner.

There were also some people saying that JJP does not suggest how to level it, and that PL had mentioned the ideal setup at some point. I think this pretty much shows that likes most games, 6.5 degrees is ideal, and you can't do that with the legs all in.

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 10.24.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-01-09 at 10.24.24 PM (resized).png

#2377 6 years ago

Wireform cover... Hoping the replacement ramp will resolve the issue, but if not, I guess I'll have to install this.

IMG_20180111_111206 (resized).jpgIMG_20180111_111206 (resized).jpg

#2423 6 years ago

Just got to Armageddon for the first time! What a blast!!!

I'm with you guys on the SIM shot though. Wish there was more skill involved to hit it.

Would changing the rubbers to smaller ones help a bit?

#2427 6 years ago

So, when I reached Armageddon last night, I was so caught in the moment that I didn't even really pay attention to what I was supposed to be shooting at. Is there an "end" to this mode, or is it just racking up points?

I ended the game with about 3.2M (which is almost double my previous GC) and only had 3 SIM cards lit. Seems to me, the shot relies a little too much on luck, and makes getting to Showdown a bit tedious. Almost wish that this shot was smoother (like the camera in TZ) so that going for that wizard mode would be more fun.

#2514 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That usually happens when you tighten the contact points too tight. They should just be barely tight. Mine does not look like this, it lays flat.

+1 Mine is not raised like that either. I get zero rejected shots. Only issue for me is the part that protects the wall of the hole. It makes it to narrow, so it effects the ball ejecting.

#2516 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like you have a V1 version. The V2 does not go down into the hole, only protecting the top and beveled part. Stops those rejects. Email Cliffy.

Already have! Just waiting on him to make me a SOL protector for my AFMr.

#2517 6 years ago

Was cleaning and waxing my game last night, when I noticed in the reflection of light that there were loads of ball marks on my pf. I'm fully aware that pfs get scratched up, but from what I've seen on my other games they're more shallow and usually in more of a swirled pattern.

These lines almost look like planking, and when I gently run my finger nail across them, they are deep enough to stop my finger.

I took video of this following the reflection on my portable light.

What do you guys think?

#2525 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Pull the balls out of the machine and check them very closely for imperfections. A load of us in the UK had this happen, tiny little raised rough bits on the balls. I noticed mine getting scratched after only 3 or 4 games, checked the balls and found them rough. Swapped the balls out and no further scratches. Either the balls were already damaged or they were poor quality and got damaged, possibly by the scoop protectors.

So then this is not normal? This is not what the pf should look like if clean balls were used?

I used the balls that were included with my game.

#2528 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

No, not normal but experienced by a few of us in the uk when we all got our machines. At first we were doubting the clearcoat but soon the rough balls were found and we all ditched them. Go check them really carefully.

Regardless, even if I switch balls now, the damage has been done. I've barely played the game, and figured that brand new balls out of the box would have been fine. I'm pretty pissed off!

#2530 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Understandably, I was too. I caught mine with only a few scratches and you can't really see them unless you look closely. Someone else said they successfully polished most of them out ( probably with novus ).

I don't think Novus it going to clear these out. I will try, but highly doubt it.

I've contacted JJP.

#2532 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Did you find the balls rough?

Not at home right now. Will check when I get back.

#2539 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have the same issue, but isolated to the flippers/slings. Switched out the "stock" balls to Ninja Chrome and believe it's ceased. fwiw, I've never had this happen before.
snaroff

Took the balls out, and they do have some dings in them, but not much more than some of my other balls in other games.

I tried taking some Novus 2, Novus 1, and wax to it, without really any improvement.

Waiting on JJP.

#2541 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

The imperfections I found were tiny little raised spikes, imagine a grain of sand stuck to the surface. Too small to see but could feel and once found could feel it with thumb nail.

JJP had me email Mirco directly. He's saying it must be the balls, but they are the ones JJP provided me, and the game was very lightly used. This kind of damage, in this short time is more than disappointing.

Really hoping JJP will step up and right this.

#2546 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but what do you expect JJP to do?

I guess we'll see. I'm not trying to be a hard ass. The game is barely used, and this extent of damage is unacceptable.

#2547 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

I have the same issue with the play field marks like you describe I used marco pinball regular pinballs and it’s the same as the ones that came with the machine. I think it could have something to do with the oil from the pinballs. The marks on mine come off by rubbing them but not sure how to make it so this doesn’t happen. Two different sets of pinballs doing it so I don’t think it has to do with the ones supplied by JJP if anyone has advice on this I would appreciate it

These are too deep to rub out.

Here's another look:

#2549 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Put new balls in and Wax the thing ...then play the hell out of it..... its not gonna effect gameplay and overtime the playfield will become dull and u wont be able to even tell. These new pins with super shiny clear doesn't stay that way for long from my experience.

New balls in and gave is waxed. But I don't think normal wear is going to sort this. My MMR has over 2500 games now, and has expected wear and also some clear chipping on edges. I'm not so pleased with the chipping, but I've accepted that a fact of modern pinball.

The marks on this DI are far worse, and nothing I've seen before.

#2552 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That's what I did when I discovered this a few weeks ago. Didn't even mention it to JJP, and I'm far from shy about issues (as you probably know
It's just bizarre that JJP goes to amazing lengths to make a great game and then they put scratchy balls in. Stern had this reputation of shipping cheap balls and you'd think JJP would have learned from Stern's missteps.
Nothing like plunking down 9k and then having to send out for balls that don't mess up the PF. Gotta love pinball to take this abuse...that's for sure!
snaroff

Does your pf look like mine?

#2555 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Like I said I used balls from Marco Specialties and have the same issue. They are a lot cleaner and shinier than the ones that came with the game and yet it does the same thing and leaves marks. Seems to me that it is pretty normal I don’t know. You can’t see it unless you shine a light on the play field from a certain angle. It is definitely different I have never seen a pin do this brand new but like I said seems like oil or grease. Maybe there is grease in the scoop or something I saw another pinsider post about that earlier

Can you share a pic of your pf?

#2557 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I was a bit surprised myself at the stock balls that came with the game.
After eye balling them, I choose to use new balls from my local distributor.
I can’t recall seeing any of these marks on my pf which Damien has highlighted.
Frank and the JJP crew are awesome; but not sure if this will warrant a pf replacement.
Still, it shouldn’t happen and I would send those videos off to JJP.
Hopefully some further buffing & waxing will help.

Stern is replacing pfs for having a couple of ghosted inserts. I have a friend that just got one.

I don't think it's crazy to think this could (and probably should) be an option.

#2561 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just looked at my playfield with bright light and its much worse than yours .... i have 1300 games in mine tho. You cant see it unless u bring a bright light out at a certain angle. To me it looks like normal clearcoat scratches just like all my other pins if u look at them a certain way . Im not really to worried about it as i dont expect the clearcoat to stay super shiny and unscathed. Its there for protection which is what its doing imo. Yea scratches suck but that's what happens with a metal bal whipping around l on clearcoat. Heck if you use a paper towel on your car it scratches the clearcoat lol.....

Yes, except these are NOT the scratches that I have on my other pins, or any other pin I've seen for that matter. They are straight lines, almost like the way planking looks.

My other games are scratched up like crazy, and never once complained about that. Even the chipping on the new CGC games that is annoying as hell, I just swallowed and moved on.

JJP has provided nothing but excellent support so far. I will await their response on this.

#2582 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

» YouTube video

It's hard to tell from a video, but your scratches look fainter than what I'm seeing on my pf.

I think the industry is the way it is because many people just suck it up. If greater quality or service was demanded of the companies now making pins, we'd see a change. Especially if we pulled away from giving them our money.

But the fact so many people just "take it", gives them the license to turnout games with a plethora of issues.

Sure, the scratches on DI probably are par for the course to some, but it's unlike anything I've seen on any 90s game that has 20+ years of play on it.

And that's where we are. Just making excuses or rolling over so they can maximize profits and make these game on the cheap.

Cheers!

#2607 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Thanks. I guess i just stink...lol

Quantum City Chaos is 5 ball.

#2641 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Concerning the reports of playfield scratches, look to the area circled below as one of the other possible causes of damage to balls, which in turn can lead to playfield scratches.
On the most recent DI builds, I believe this piece is being bent slightly to the right, so the tip is positioned somewhat behind the stand up target, and balls can no longer strike the edge directly.

Interesting. I'll have to check mine.

Quick question about the theatre. If you take a shot at the theatre, and it doesn't make it all the way up and around the turn, does the ball roll down for a sdtm drain?

Mine happens 90% of the time.

#2644 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I see three behaviors on theater shots
1) catch and release e.g. EMP - ball rolls down to the left flipper
2) catch and toss e.g., 'target in the theater' ball is caught and tossed up and around to upper flipper
3) nothing e.g. trying to shoot thorough the theater and not enough speed to make it ball drains SDTM pretty often
Personally, I think this is how it should be. Doesn't stop me from cussing when #3 happens.

Problem is that I also get a significant amount of sdtm on #1.

Might play around with magnet settings in 1.52.

#2649 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems like putting a blue bumper on the end would be better than bending the stainless.

Yes, something like what they used on Monster Bash.

Does anyone have a part number. I'm in the process of putting in an order with Pinball Life.

#2686 6 years ago

Does anyone happen to know when JJP will start shipping out manuals to our dealers?

#2697 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I’m gonna contact them. I bet you they have them ready but are only shipping out to people who contact them. Had same thing happen with my Hobbit manual.

Please update when you find out

#2698 6 years ago

Anyone know what sort of rubber is used in our games? Standard, Titans, Super Bands, Perfect Play, etc? About to order a set, but want it to have the same stock feel.

Thanks

#2703 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone know what sort of rubber is used in our games? Standard, Titans, Super Bands, Perfect Play, etc? About to order a set, but want it to have the same stock feel.
Thanks

Anyone?

#2708 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

It's unbelievably satisfying to beat this game. Be sure to record your score into Pinsides database! I did a little over 11 Million myself and hold the #1 spot for now. The really big points come after spelling ''dialed in'' and beating modes all over again. I was averaging a little over 1.2 million points per mode completion after showdown!

Are you guys doing this with the SIM memory on?

Quoted from PinMonk:

Depends on when you got it. The rubber they're using now is not the same as what they initially came with for the first couple months.

I got my recently, so it would have been the newer rubbers? Are they silicone or standard rubber? Was going to just buy standard rubber from Pinball Life, but the feel of the rubbers in my game seem a bit different from other rubbers I have in my B/W games.

#2712 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We had rubber from the original run, so I don't know what you got, but it seems like it's silicone now from what I've read from others here. I still like the bounce of the Marco white rubber best.

Is Marco rubber any different from say Pinball Life rubber?

#2719 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Agreed! I've gotten pinball life's rubber and Marco's. It's night and day. When it comes to rubbers, I trust Marco! ...wait that didn't sound quite right.

Hahaha. Anyone know how there black rubber compares to PBL? I'm due to change the ones on my MMR.

#2737 6 years ago

So, here's an email I just received from Mirco regarding the lines on the pf:

"The clearcoat is one of the hardest and best you can find on the market and the mix is done by a robot. So no human error can occur. The damage is caused by the balls. All other ideas are simply wrong. Most of the people who write on pinside don't really know what they are talking about...."

#2741 6 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Regarding the provided felt cabinet protectors, are they better to use than say regular hard plastic ones? What would be the best protection in your opinion?

DO NOT use the plastic Pinguard type protectors unless you want to see that cabinet fold up like a Shar-Pei!

#2746 6 years ago

Got an email from Jack at JJP, and once again, he's personally getting in touch to try to sort things out. Even though my machine has had a list of issues, I have to say, I've been extremely impressed with the way this company handles things. You think Gary Stern is calling anyone!

#2782 6 years ago

Spoke to Jack from JJP on the phone yesterday, and I can't begin to tell you how impressed I am by him and the way he runs his company. He was funny and very accommodating. Felt like I was talking to a friend more than some company head. He will no doubt be getting more of my money in the future. I'm very glad that Pinball has companies like JJP and CGC so we aren't stuck with larger shops like Stern that don't seem to understand that the customer satisfaction is quintessential to keeping this hobby going.

1 week later
#2862 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Just thought id throw this out their all my pins get beach towels i place them on the glass for no dust i know a place that i talked into making a dialed inn one

How much?

#2918 6 years ago

I'm trying to fine tune my game, and wanted to ask you guys a couple of questions:

1) Does it seem about normal to have the drone magnets spit the ball directly into the left outlane at least once every game or two. I can be having the most awful or most awesome game, and I'm bound to lose one ball in a game to the drone magnet.

2) Similarly, I lose about one ball every game to the ball bouncing off the left slingshot and quickly shooting directly into the right outlane. On all my other games, I lose a ball to the slingshots every 2-3 games probably, and I also have a bit of a chance to nudge the ball out. With DI, the ball fires almost perfectly right into the outlane, and you have zero opportunity to save it.

Input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#2921 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Damien, increase or decrease your slingshot power in the coil settings menu. You should be able to reduce or get rid of that.
As for drone magnet chucking to the left outlane, it happens to me but maybe less frequently. I’m usually nudging the play field a bit anytime the ball is in the drone zone which might help too.

Yeah, I nudge oike crazy, but when the magnet spits it to the left it likely a drain. I've even tried adjusting the position of the magnet slightly, but not really any improvement.

When I watch videos on YouTube, the magnet seems to spit more upwards than sideways.

Can magnet strength be adjusted like the slings?

And does anyone have a suggested sling strength?

#2924 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Never had #1 happen. Occasionally have #2 happen if I fail to nudge well.

Yeah, it's definitely a joy kill. Hard to play when you have a high chance of the game draining at least one ball per game where you have zero chance of saving it.

Does anyone know if I can rotate the magnet, or do something so it changes the direction that it tosses the ball? If so, I'll just take the assembly apart, rotate the magnet, and put it back in.

Thanks!

#2926 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Rotation shouldn't make a difference because where the ball is in relation to the magnet post when it energizes dictates how the ball will be thrown. Do you have the magnets set to the "active" setting? Maybe the lower setting would make this happen less for you.

Everything is at default except SIM memory is on. I'll give it a try. Thanks

#2937 6 years ago

We spend a lot of time posting our issues (I'm guilty of this too) so when there are good things to report, I think it's important we do so. I just wanted to say something again about JJP. As some of you may have read, I had a bunch of issues with my DI, and when I first tried to reach out to support, I did not get a reply. Not their fault, as we had an issue with emails not getting to me, though they were sent.

Once we got that sorted, support was quick and helpful. I even got a personal call from Jack, and he was a true pleasure to deal with. I mentioned to him that I had a friend that was really into pinball who had been going through some difficult issues, and he very thoughtfully sent along a JJP t-shirt (with some parts I needed) to help cheer him up. It's small details and gestures like this, that really set this company apart from the others.

In dealing with Jack, I actually learned a couple of things, and was inspired to rethink the way I run my own company!

Now, does my DI still have some issues? Yes! Do I have full confidence that they will do everything they can to make it right? Yes! Will I likely be buying a future JJP game after this experience? YES!

#2975 6 years ago

Completed Armageddon for the third time tonight. What a blast!

#2999 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Can the sim card opportunity be rolled over to the next ball?

Yes, turn SIM memory ON in menu.

#3005 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Here is the Mantis phone scoop protector. Designed to protect the sides that get hammered in normal gameplay. This is Mantis's first winged protector design.

I'm not near my machine, so can't look, but do you know if it uses existing screws or do you have to make new holes?

Thanks for posting this

#3008 6 years ago

Anyone have this happen before? On boot up the phone also says "auto config" which I don't recall seeing before.

The first time that it happened I just rebooted the machine and it resolved itself. And now it's had this red screen for the last 3 boot ups.

IMG_20180225_183015 (resized).jpgIMG_20180225_183015 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20180225_182851 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180225_182851 (resized).jpg

#3015 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone have this happen before? On boot up the phone also says "auto config" which I don't recall seeing before.
The first time that it happened I just rebooted the machine and it resolved itself. And now it's had this red screen for the last 3 boot ups.

Not sure if related, but on top of the screen being washed with red, I also have a left, right, and upper EOS stuck open error.

Is this red screen a sign of the phone fizzing out on me?

Anyone?

#3020 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go to Tests - Switches - Dedicated, move flipper bat back and forth and see if it registers on the screen.
If not I'd suspect a broken wire or poor connection from the EOS to I/O board. Look at them too, to see if Pawl closes them.

What about the washed out red phone display?

#3023 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea.

Ok, who hacked LTGs account? He does not know what those words mean!

I'll check the connections when I get home and update here.

#3035 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea.
I'd try reseating VGa cable at phone and video card on motherboard.

VGA looks fine. Nice and snug. Another member mentioned he had the same and the display needed replacing. Any thoughts?

As for the EOS error, see images below. There looks to be a bit of a burnt edge of the left EOS. Also, in test, manually moving the flipper mech does not trigger anything. But you will see the 3 EOS switches are red in test mode.

Any thoughts?

IMG_20180227_144401 (resized).jpgIMG_20180227_144401 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180227_150649 (resized).jpgIMG_20180227_150649 (resized).jpg

MVIMG_20180227_152431 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180227_152431 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180227_150828 (resized).jpgIMG_20180227_150828 (resized).jpg

#3039 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is the pawl hitting that spot ? If so look for any shorts in that area. Wiring to metal type stuff.

Red because they don't work. Start checking continuity from EOS to I/O board. A break somewhere common to all three. Black is the common wire, check it first.

I'll check tonight to see if anything is shorting.

As for the continuity, am I just following the black wire to each point it is soldered, to see if there is a reading?

#3041 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From each point to the I/O board where that black wire goes to.

Is there any connection between the phone and the EOS switches?

Also one thing I noticed about the phone other than color being prominently red, is that each of the character animations is frozen.

The phone also went read before getting the EOS errors.

Thanks.

#3044 6 years ago

That's why I'm asking. Seems ironic that the phone would go and all three EOS switches at the same time.

#3049 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was a joke, sorry. There's no connection between the two that matters.

Haha nice!

So was doing some reading on checking continuity, and seems some people cut the wire housing at certain points to see if there is an issue?

Can I just test all solder points, and then when I hopefully find the short, I can then isolate that line?

Still learning, so would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

#3052 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Be sure to check from the first flipper in the chain back to the I/O board, too.

A little confused by this. Can you expand?

#3054 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you have a multimeter? Post a pic of the dial with the settings.
Page C-133 of the manual will be helpful, too, so make sure you have your manual PDF handy.

Is this the correct setting?

IMG_20180228_003034 (resized).jpgIMG_20180228_003034 (resized).jpg

#3117 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

They are also shipping cliffies to all owners free of charge for the phone and sim scoop.

Even if you originally got the thick JJP protectors?

#3149 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've noticed that support can sometimes be sketchy around pinball shows. Preparation for The Texas Pinball show might be distracting some of the staff?
Email has worked best for me, though the response times are somewhat random in general. Overall, they've taken good care of me...
snaroff

I had an issue first where there emails went directly to my spam, but following that, they have been incredible. Jack himself called me to make sure that I was satisfied with the resolution regarding my pf issues, and some of the other things that were messed up with my machine.

I'll be buying the Toy Story game just based on the service from JJP!

#3159 6 years ago

Quick question, I found the option in settings to change the theater magnet behavior, but is there any way to change all of the other magnets, especially the drone.

I'm finding the my drone magnet has a tendency to throw it right down the left drain.

Also, has anyone had to adjust sling strength due to abundant drains off of them?

#3171 6 years ago

Can Chaos In Quantum City and Armageddon be completed? Or is it just for points?

#3197 6 years ago

I'm confused... So how do you win a SIM card in QMB?

1 week later
#3307 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There’s a new setting under coils, where the ball “wiggles” a bit before exiting. It is called “test lab” or something. It really works well on my game

The Test Lab often just wiggles and drops it SDTM still, anyone else getting this?

I feel this game would be a solid 10/10 if the theater wasn't such a center drain and if the SIM shot wasn't such an impossible and improbable shot. Wish it was more like the camera shot in TZ.

#3310 6 years ago

My toddler said he wanted to play DI today. Even though I have an EOS issue that I still have to resolve, I wanted him to be able to play a game, so I fired it up for him. For the first time, he actually patiently waited for the ball to reach the flipper before hitting it, and he almost started 2 modes!

I felt like I was playing with a buddy my age. I was jumping up and down cheering on every shot! Pretty freaking awesome!

#3312 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Like a Williams fliptronics game, a JJP game will compensate for a non working EOS switch.

Yeah, I just have to find the time to pull the game out from under my massive bulkhead, and do a continuity test. But my little guy insists that I be a dog and eat plastic food, so I'm sort of tied up

#3321 6 years ago

So finally got a chance to test continuity for my EOS errors, and found this wire just hanging loosely by the upper flipper. I'm guessing that this should be attached and is responsible for the errors.

Only question is, what lug does it connect to? Inside our out? Based on the lower right flipper, the two black wire goes on the inside lug (closest to coil).

The wireust have snapped off and is now pretty short. Might need to extend it. What gauge is it?

And lastly, here is a photo of the left flipper EOS. Does it look like it is bent open too much? Maybe I should bend it back a bit?

IMG_20180324_184233 (resized).jpgIMG_20180324_184233 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180324_184916 (resized).jpgIMG_20180324_184916 (resized).jpg

#3325 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

One wire is black and the other is black with a red stripe. Put the broken wire with the one it matches.

Sweet! Soldered it back on and everything seems to be working perfectly. Thank you again for all of your awesome help.

#3336 6 years ago

Posted about this before, but figured I'd revisit before trying to fix it. My phone screen now is predominantly pink/red, and the character animations usually are frozen (as in, there mouths don't move, but the image appears in a tinge of red).

Does this sound like the issue is the phone, or the video card?

1 week later
#3419 6 years ago

Finally have my game working problem and error free (except phone freezing) but the one thing that I'm having some challenges with is getting the game to play well.

I'm curious to know what level you guys are setting yours at. My bubble is sitting just above the second line, and when I put my digital torpedo in the drain (so center is near the actual bubble level) it's showing 6.25 degrees.

#3422 6 years ago

So with the torpedo base in the drain, you're getting 6.5?

#3425 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

In the middle of the playfield it’s 6.5. I don’t use a torpedo. I use the Pinguy app.

How much are the leg levellers on the back turned out? 1/4 way? 1/2 way?

With my torpedo level sitting between the drain and lower part of slings, I'm now getting 6.5 degrees, but my the bubble level on the shooter lane is at the third line.

Does this sound right?

3 weeks later
#3673 6 years ago

Has anyone reached Showdown, and any tips on getting to it?

#3718 6 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Same here, I didn’t know you could beat the bob Multiballs.

How do you beat them? And do you get a SIM?

#3760 6 years ago

Anyone think that a software update including a ball save for ejects from the phone that go SDTM would be a good idea? I know they did this on Ghostbusters.

Also, maybe having Chaos In QC having some sort of impact on the progress of your game, or possibly spitting out a SIM if you complete enough an objective during?

#3810 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

2 Indians (not the casino kind) at the gas station /store must of scammed my card next day!

Who says this in 2018? Trump supporter I'm guessing?

#3819 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

edited... wife says I have to be nice : )

Is your wife ok with your "Indian" comment? If so, don't hold back

#3821 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

This is the same guy who made some ignorant comment about me being Canadian. Keep your bigoted comments to yourself buddy.

Who could possibly say anything about a Canadian?!?! We're pretty much the best! Haha.

I wonder sometimes how anyone has the time or place in their minds and hearts to have these negative thoughts of others. Life is so hectically busy, that some days I barely remember to eat breakfast, let alone harbor ill thoughts of a complete stranger!

#3823 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I guess the only thing I could mention is that Canadians seem to have a superiority complex about Americans.

Huh? Really? We watch your news. Follow your celebrities. Support your companies. Rely on the value of your dollar.

Not sure who you're getting that from, but I don't think we see ourselves as superior. If anything, we pride ourselves on equality.

Funny how MLK was an American with an amazing dream, but Canadians are much closer to practicing this. Not to say that race isn't an issue here, bit nowhere near as evident as it is there. (edited)
Oh, and my sister is an American, and she's pretty cool in my eyes

#3828 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Isent there hockey on ? I would be happy to PM you about my thoughts on Canada,your prime minister, and other such things. But this is a pinball forum. So back to the di discussion

There is actually, thank you for reminding me.

We should return to the discussion of pinball, especially a game as awesome as DI.

I don't have much tolerance for ignorance, and your message about "Indians" epitomized that. But a few words exchanged here won't open up your eyes to see anything new.

I just feel it's my duty as a human being, to say something in the face of blatant bigotry. Maybe some just let it slide, but nothing gets solved that way.

Anyhow, back to pinball. A male, white dominated, affluent hobby. And yet, you still have energy to say terrible things about others. People are awesome!

2 weeks later
#4028 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

What kind of success have people had with JJP support?

My experiences thus far:

JJP - Occasionally slow to reply, sometimes slow to ship things out (likely due to lack of stock), but they completely stand behind their games. Whether it's a small issue or major, they will get it sorted for you. Jack himself called me to make sure I was taken care of.

Stern - Slow to reply, even slow to resolve issues. I know people that has been taken care of in the end, but it's a frustrating waiting game.

CGC - Quick to respond, and resolve any minor or technical issue. Atrocious support when you have anything major. Take one look at the AFMR thread to see many disgruntled customers.

I'd buy any JJP game with complete confidence. My phone is acting up again on my DI, and I'm not concerned at all because I know they have me covered!

1 week later
#4164 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If the mini wizard mode lightshow is that awesome im guessing Armageddon and showdown are super amazing..... to bad ill probably never see it lol

Cheat it

Just start modes and time them out. Still not the easiest task, but just practice going for QED, phone, then pause.

#4166 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe your mode scores determine how much the jackpots are tho....

Maybe I read incorrectly. I thought he just wanted to see CIQC.

#4231 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Got some good quality wax. How do I apply it to the playfield without messing things up? Haven't got any special tools like for waxing a car.

Wipe down the pf with a microfiber to get rid of any dust/dirt. If really dirty, use something like Novus 1. Then apply wax (never liquid) on a clean microfiber and gently coat the pf in a circular motion.

Allow it to stand for a couple of minutes, and then wipe all wax off using a couple of clean microfibers.

Make sure you take a good look after to make sure all wax is off, especially in little corners and hard to reach places.

Have fun

#4304 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Phew! That was a lot of work. 45 mins. 26x SIM multiplier by end of game (which I'm not sure how as I only collected 12 or 13 SIM cards).
On another note, game is still mint and will be up for sale soon (just looking to try something different).

Holy shit! You do that on default settings?

#4337 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

It's official,I'm now a member I picked up my game today, and Papapin gave me a hand setting it up.

Congrats! I actually took a little break from mine to play the new games I picked up (LOTR and TWD) and decided to get back to DI today... What a blast to play!

I'm on a mission to get to Showdown!

#4355 5 years ago

First time ever, I completed 8 modes, but unfortunately didn't have it in me to collect all (SIM memory on).

I got to "E" and blew it!

Such a good game!

#4372 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just got to Chaos In Quantum City for the second time. This time I paid more attention to the mode. Man, what a rush! The light show is great, and I was in the zone, just hitting ramp after ramp. At some point, I looked up to check my score, and drained in the process. Reminded me of the Kenny Rogers song: "You never count your money while you're sittin' at the table / There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealing's done".
I do wish they would add a MB or wizard mode that allowed you to actually complete an objective. I love the Battle the Wicked Witch wizard mode in WOZ, for instance. It is so tough, but when you melt the witch, it is a great feeling, and you are awarded with a 5 ball victory MB. Of course, in WOZ there really aren't modes like in DI, so perhaps that evens things out.

Agreed. CIQC is a cool looking mode, but after you've been to it a load of times, you almost dread it. There is nothing but points to collect, and I find it breaks my focus on the actual task of getting to Armageddon and Showdown. If they don't make it a mode with completion in the net update, hopefully they'll at least make the SIM cards attainable.

#4375 5 years ago

Had my best game last night... Not my best score, but I collected 5 SIMs and had a score of 2 million on my first ball.

Then... Pinball happened! Ended game with 5 SIMs and 2.7 million

Showdown is tough!!! I'll get it one day

#4380 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just had my best game yet! Was two modes away from Armageddon. I felt like I couldn’t lose, until of course, I did. But, still, it was awesome. I love some of the later modes. Hit a new GC score of 1.8 million. What an amazing pin!

Yup, it's a phenomenal game once you get it flowing.

You'll reach it soon enough! It's a pretty awesome rush.

I played one more game tonight and again collected 5 SIM cards. Should have had 7, but really f'd up hitting Big Bang.

Can someone explain what shots are needed to complete the mode with the scuba diver?

#4399 5 years ago

Just putting up some more praise about JJP. Had an issue with one of my parts, and replacement is being arranged.

Excellent service once again!

And this is why JJP will get my money next, and not CGC

#4436 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

yep -90 to anywhere up to -120

-90 and I still get a fair amount of SDTM drops. It's the one thing that really makes this game frustrating to me.

#4444 5 years ago

Holy shit! Changed my flippers up a bit from the stock settings and man is this game 1000% better!

Finally feeling like I'm connecting the shots I want, and not having as many balls reject or roll back down the ramp. Also turned the slings down a few points, and now the ball doesn't rocket off the sling into the outlane. Now you actually have a fighting chance!

First game with the new setting, I spelled DIALED for this first time! I think I also had one more letter in the queue before I drained!

#4513 5 years ago

Is it just me, or is it exceptionally difficult to complete B.O.B multiballs to get SIMs?

I've reached Armageddon 3-4 times, I've been two SIMs away from Showdown, but I swear I think I've only ever collected one SIM from B.O.B.

I actually haven't even taken down the default score for Monkey Wrench and Drone!

#4518 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

More
Try playing around with your upper flipper strength.

I was able to hit the upper ramp pretty well, but after turning up the power a bit, it's very consistent. Even making more SIM shots than before.

Also turned up the power on the two main flippers a bit, and all shots feel better.

#4554 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

So this just happened . . .
I love the animation when this mode starts.

Congrats! Not an easy wizard to reach!

I'm 2 SIMs away... Getting closer!

#4557 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’m pretty sure that after 2000 games, I will have reached it zero times.

I was about to say something to that effect too haha

#4607 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yeah, me too. I just like knowing that’s it’s there.

10 ball game?

#4612 5 years ago

The longer side of my left flipper EOS cracked in half and fell off during gameplay.

Manual has the part listed as 18-000001-00, which I assume is internal for JJP.

Can anyone confirm if it is the same as this Williams part:

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=261

#4615 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

The choreography for Showdown hasn't been completed yet. You do get victory laps for defeating the Top Evil Dude, but most of the feedback is missing at this point. We'll get to finishing that up eventually.
--Ted

Having a cool ending to Showdown, and maybe making Chaos In Quantum City meaningful should solidify this game in the top 10!

Keep up the great work

#4617 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Same part.

Oh sweet!

Really hoping I have a spare laying around!

Thanks as always LTG

#4659 5 years ago

I know this has been answered recently, but how do you finish the Scuba disaster mode?

I had 6 letters completed and collected last night, and one in the queue. Scuba would have given me eight, though collecting them is still always a challenge.

Kinda glad I haven't reached Showdown yet. I'm hoping they polish the end sequence in the next code, so when I finally reach it, there's a epic ending to be enjoyed!

Come on Ted and JJP team, give us an ending that matches the awesomeness of this pin!

Really hoping for a real impactful ending like BFTK on MM, LITZ on TZ, or even DTR or LOTR.

I personally think the machine going dark, all sound off, and a pause... Followed by maybe the main villain of D.I.E saying some final words or at least feeding us a little more of the story.

Let's make this the greatest final to any pinball machine ever!!!

1 week later
#4722 5 years ago

Probably had my best ball last night. 2.1 million, completed 5 SIMs and collected all, picked up my extra ball, and had 28/35 combos for the next extra ball.

Ball drained, and I figured with 3 (potentially 4) balls remaining, it was going to be my Showdown game... Yeah right!

That's when pinball happened! DRAIN, DRAIN, DRAIN! Ended game at 2.6 million and a photo of myself in disbelief!

I can handle the crappy pinball luck, but one of the drains came from the theatre catching and dropping right between the flippers. It happens pretty often, and no setting change seems to fix it. I'm perfectly level side to side as confirmed by three digital levels!

Aside from the super cheap theatre drains, this game is one of the best ever. I never get bored of playing it! Definitely a top 10 game!

1 week later
#4773 5 years ago

Can someone share a photo of bear trap door cover?

#4781 5 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

Hello DI fans!
I've only gotten to play the game a few times, but I recently had the chance to illustrate some cool Dialed In! artwork for Pintastic New England 2018. Gabe D'Annunzio got permission from JJP to use their game for a limited edition 3-color screen print poster and the reception was very positive (even from Jack himself). I ended up making a full color version (as seen here) for additional posters, t-shirts, pint glasses, banners and more. It was fun to put my own spin on the characters and see the art on all of our merchandise. Just thought it might be cool to share with fans and owners of the game here. Thanks!
-Joel

Where can I get one of those pint glasses?

#4808 5 years ago

Do you guys find that the slings in this game a very dangerous, and throw the ball into the outlanes fairly frequently? Only other game I have that plays like this is TWD.

Everything else seems a little more forgiving on the slings. I tried turning the power down a bit, and it definitely improves, but just trying to get an idea if the game is generally like that?

#4868 5 years ago

Right side rail looking pretty shitty, and left starting up...

Anyone know how to prevent this further?

IMG_20180721_104514 (resized).jpgIMG_20180721_104514 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180721_104532 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180721_104532 (resized).jpg
#4873 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Correct but the new code will change this

I think if the new code allows SIM pickups in CIQC mode, it will make Showdown much more attainable, and might even make leaving SIM memory off more appealing.

I generally keep all of my games at default settings but the Sim setting on this game had to be changed with the current rules. Loading up 4 or 5 SIM cards and losing all of them to a drain was probably just going to lead to me tossing this game out of a window.

#4879 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Need to tighten lock bar reciever so lock bar dont move around... i also added foam on the lockbar corners.

Good idea with foam, I'll try it. Stern puts strips of mylar on the edges of the lockdown which I thought was a great idea.

About the lockdown... Is it the two brass screws that you adjust? Do you lower or raise them? Guessing lower to get them tighter to the rails?

#4895 5 years ago

You guys find that this game had a lot of dirt/dust on it? I've put on about 700 games, but within the first couple of weeks, the factory white rubbers we're already black. Never seen anything like this oney other games.

I stripped most of the pf, cleaned/waxed, and replaced all rubbers with new Titans and will see how long it stays clean.

Just curious to hear from others about this.

#4908 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Brand New moving parts and magnets equals lots of metal dust. Two minutes with a rag and BOOM! All gone. Normal.

I think mine was beyond a quick rag wipe down. I ended up just replacing all rubbers and will clean regularly.

Now if I could only find a way to keep these clean..

IMG_20180726_150331 (resized).jpgIMG_20180726_150331 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4961 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Grrr. If I have to replace the phone it will be my third phone. The previous one had bad LEDs. I guess if this problem persists, I can try my old phone with bad LED.

I'm on my third phone. So far, it's good.

I doubt it's the video card in my case, so that leads me to believe the phones are problematic.

#4975 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You might snoop around the bios settings on the motherboard and see if anything got corrupted there.

Highly doubt it since doing the last phone swap sorted out the issue for me.

Going to see how long this phones lasts before I concern myself. Two phones down so far, but I have faith that the third one is a charm

2 weeks later
#5087 5 years ago

Have something going on with my left flipper.

A couple of things I've noticed are the power occasionally dropping a bit, and when cycling through modes on the phone, it will sometimes skip two modes when only pressing the flipper once.

Any ideas what this might be? Cold solder perhaps?

#5092 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not really. Best bet is to elevate the back right leg a few turns so ball falls to the left flipper. You can play with the game settings, but it’s pretty futile.

Ted said he's working on something that might include the QED guy moving to block balls. My game seriously suffers from sdtm drops from the theatre, so hoping they do something.

Quoted from LTG:

Clean flipper button leaf blade switch first.

Clean with?

#5094 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Piece of thick paper held between the blades, hold blades together, pull paper out.

Like printer paper? Paper towel?

Any cleaning solution on it?

#5124 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Is Dialed In considered a hard, easy or "normal" game difficulty-wize? I find it to be hard, almost never getting more than two or three SIM-cards. But I´ve heard someone call it easy too.
Another question: I´ve tried different flipper power-settings but can´t really say that it makes any difference. I currently play with max power on the flippers because it´s more fun when the ball travels faster. Anyone got a take on flipper power settings and difficulty?

I'd personally say moderate to difficult depending on how you play it. Going for Armageddon is challenging but very achievable. Going for Showdown (especially with SIM memory off) is very tough!

2 weeks later
#5282 5 years ago

I hope they slightly adjust the EMP strike mode. The majority of the time the ball drops out of the theater for me and the magnets basically direct it right into the drain. I think if they lowered the activity of the magnet slightly the mode would be more fun to play. I've seen videos with some of the top players that are even advising viewers to just pause that mode. It shouldn't be like that.

1 month later
#5734 5 years ago

I'm hoping that the QED guy is coded to help prevent sdtm because with all this new focus on qtmb, it could really get frustrating to play.

Even in the stream, I noticed a bunch of drops from the theatre right down the middle.

I often even avoid the theatre shots because most times the reward is not worth the risk.

Let's see what they do with this new code....

#5783 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think DI has a lot in common with TAF, at least layout-wise. Other than the pops being in a different location, I think you could point out a lot of similarities between the two games.

I think there's more in common with TZ.

#5909 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Hey damien , my phone went pinkish/reddish today just like yours did 8 months ago. It's at a co-op and we were in league so I left it on for 2 hours. It somehow resolved itself and the colors are back, but now the background on the screen is 1/8th of an inch lower.
Anyway, I'm not 100% convinced that the phone will work the next time I start it up. You didn't explain (I think) how you fixed your phone issue. Care to share?

They sent me a new phone.

#5911 5 years ago

Had it all lined up tonight. 8 modes completed, with 7 of them collected. 2 balls left to play...

All I had to do was hit that SIM shot one last time, and of course, I couldn't.

It was fun while it lasted, but now off to a new home.

#5915 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Are you selling because DI is difficult to beat?

Haha nope. It's just time for something new.

I do hate the SIM shot though. I personally feel it was a design flaw.

Maybe I'll pick up another DI in the future and take a stab at Showdown again.

I have the game until Sunday, so there's still time

#6006 5 years ago

What's the best way to get this code before Monday if you're not in the Google group?

#6009 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I emailed tech support about an hour ago and nada.
I still fail to see how releasing this in beta to everyone who wants it and understands the risk is better/easier for jjp. Now they have people emailing tech support and Jen.

I just emailed [email protected] and got a link within 5 mins!

So what are the instructions to install?

#6015 5 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

crwjumper and myself will be streaming the new 1.56 Beta code some time after 6PM EDT tonight - http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

Looks like you guys are just playing NES right now. Let's see that 12 million score live

#6019 5 years ago

Code looking good, but was hoping that I'd see you guys blow up the game after your screen shot of 12M!

#6025 5 years ago

Just blew up the game with this new code. Showdown and Armageddon. Not sure how you guys get score over 10+ million, but here's my monster game.

IMG_20181103_233654 (resized).jpgIMG_20181103_233654 (resized).jpg
#6028 5 years ago

My game is going to a new home this week, as I have another game coming in, but after playing this new beta code, I'm feeling the regret a bit.

I only got a chance to play 2-3 games on it tonight, but from what I saw (and I did see the entire game) they've trimmed a lot of fat.

The game just feels, looks, and sounds tighter. Definitely a game I'll be thinking about for a while, and might even pick another one up down the road.

Good job Ted and everyone at JJP!

#6053 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Try your game with regular rubber. It will be faster and bouncier than with superbands. The only challenge that superbands give you over regular rubber is extra spin and weird bounces. As you indicated, you've already adjusted to these effects.

I personally think they make the game slightly easier. They grip the ball a little more and allow for better control of your shots. Rubber is less predictable. I put super bands on my Medieval Madness and it was easier for me to get to battle for the kingdom. Went back to rubber and immediately notice the difference.

That's why you can never look at someone else's score and gauge your own progress. Some games just play predictably and easier. My game is out of control. Constantly shooting the ball in unpredictable places and really a drain pig.

#6054 5 years ago

Ted, one question for you. Is there a plan at all to add a finale to Showdown? It would be incredible to have an ending like Medieval Madness where after defeating D.I.E, the game shuts down. Maybe even a final sequence that explains and puts closure on the whole story would be a nice touch.

It felt a bit anticlimactic to put in all that work to just finish the "boss" and jump right into victory laps. I turned to my wife and said "is the screen telling me I need to do something"?

You've done an incredible job on this game Ted, really hoping you'll do something about capping off the wizard mode to make this one a timeless classic.

1 week later
#6217 5 years ago

Sold my game about a week ago, and definitely missing it! Maybe I'll bring another one home in the near future.

Was pretty awesome though to reach Showdown for the first time the day before it left! On the new code (beta) no less!

3 months later
#7316 5 years ago

If anyone is interested, I have a brand new in box playfield available for sale. Get in touch if you're interested. Would prefer local sale, but willing to ship too.

1 week later
#7361 5 years ago

Damn it, I miss this game! Love chasing the wizard mode, and the choreography as Showdown starts is epic!

Anyone know if Ted coded in a finale? I always thought it would be epic if all the lights went on, started flickering, then went out one by one until only the phone was lit. Then maybe a video with some closure to the convoluted storyline. Then everything goes dark.

#7384 5 years ago

Selling my Dialed In playfield. It's brand new, and signed by the man himself, Jack!

I was planning to keep it so that one day i could do a swap and have a brand new game, but I ended up selling my DI so I no longer need this.

I have it on eBay for $1000, but I will let it go to Pinside members for $950.

ebay.com link: Dialed In JJP Jersey Jack Playfield Brand New

I'll try to post some photos of it if I get a chance over the weekend.

Get in touch if interested.

#7387 5 years ago

Brand new pf signed by Jersey Jack (underside by drain hole), with wood rails, T-nuts, and mylar all factory installed.

Selling on eBay for $1000, but $950 for anyone on Pinside.

IMG_20190308_154019 (resized).jpgIMG_20190308_154019 (resized).jpgIMG_20190308_154059 (resized).jpgIMG_20190308_154059 (resized).jpgIMG_20190308_154239 (resized).jpgIMG_20190308_154239 (resized).jpgIMG_20190308_154130 (resized).jpgIMG_20190308_154130 (resized).jpg
#7392 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Weird he signed the back and it looks like ballpoint pen and not a marker as well? Bad photo either way I’d post another of the signature.

Would rather not pull off the shrink. The signature adds no value to it, just a cool thing to know.

#7397 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Did they use to sell these PFs? I see they have Pirates PFs for sale but not DI on the JJP site.

As far as I know, they did not sell them. Jack owed me a bit of a favor, so he not only sent me a flawless one, but he also had the wood rails and t-nuts installed for me.

This is why I'm saying that for anyone planning to keep their game long term, this is a rare chance to get a perfect pf replacement for a future swap.

1 month later
#7560 5 years ago

Just a quick bump to let you all know I have a gorgeous NIB pf signed by Jack for sale at:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-playfield-brand-new-and-signed#post-4875496

#7593 5 years ago

Brand new pf signed by Jersey Jack still available:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/76235

2 weeks later
#7703 4 years ago

I have a set of Titan rubbers for Dialed In. It includes every rings and post needed int he game, except I think I took out the two of the sleeves to replace worn ones on my Dialed In when I had it.

The set cost me $45 with shipping, and I'm willing to let it go for $30 shipping included.

All colors match the factory JJP ones.

I also have a complete phone assembly. The colour turned a bit yellow before I had it replaced, but I have heard that these can be repaired. So if your game is out of warranty, and you're looking or a spare, make me an offer.

PM if interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damien.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=damien and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.