Topic Stats

• 9,368 posts
  • 506 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by JamesUK
  • Topic is favorited by 176 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,122 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5CC58065-A49F-4026-88D4-6BCA684A9937 (resized).jpeg
DITrap (resized).JPG
97E55CF6-7B4D-48F8-A538-ED978827C7DA (resized).jpeg
91A790A6-A8F0-4357-A429-8A34B2B071B1 (resized).jpeg
2FA68F6F-FF94-4B2D-A3DE-3996F2A6E843 (resized).jpeg
Rubber (resized).jpg
Cliffy2 (resized).jpg
Cliffy1 (resized).jpg
Cliffy3 (resized).jpg
20191003_181551 (resized).jpg
ScreenJJP (resized).jpg
showdown (resized).jpg
25389D20-1022-4992-9032-DC58F7E0D621 (resized).jpeg
E0A0B586-7AF4-483C-9C4B-D556087D9FF7 (resized).jpeg
FB41E8CD-4A3A-4540-AD90-BACF76CA6A6E (resized).jpeg
bigrock (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (2 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (1 year ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (1 year ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (1 year ago)

Post #1253 Velcro fix for right ramp hangup Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1258 Detailed pictures for adjusting a misbehaving trap door Posted by foobeer (1 year ago)

Post #1332 Getting access to computer in backbox on Dialed In Posted by hank527 (1 year ago)

Post #1347 Ball trap location. Posted by Kevlar (1 year ago)

Post #1377 Fix for USB at the coin door not working Posted by Pinhead1982 (1 year ago)

Post #1391 Fix for Tilt Bob not working all of a sudden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1431 Adjustment point to grease for trap door to operate smoothly Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Adjusting arm on Quantum Mechanic Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2507 How to get in backbox to check audio connections Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #2661 DIY Lighting how-to for sides of Dialed In backglass Posted by lyonsden (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crwjumper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#282 2 years ago

JJP NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME with their commitment to advancing quality in the pinball industry. I just got mine (S/N 900) and am setting it up and have a sub to install. It looks like all of the electronics are now in the head (JJP - always innovating and impoving) and followed the instructions to service the monitor. They engineered it so that the monitor is mounted on a friggin' swingarm for easy servicing!!! Amazing. Also, the wood bottom of the pin is of amazing quality. but Now to figure out how to connect the sub woofer. Anyone know how this is done? Thanks in advance!

IMG_3323 (resized).JPG

IMG_0231 (resized).JPG

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I connected an external sub to the cabinet speaker, typical install. Monitor comes out pretty easy. Loosen screws holding wood blocks, slide out of the way, lift the brackets on each side and monitor comes out on it's arm.

Standard alligator clips?
BTW: JJP is listening to us. My game came with leg protectors and a SIM hole protector. But honestly I'm not surprised knowing how Jack cares about his products and us. WELL worth the money.

IMG_3312 (resized).JPG

IMG_3324 (resized).JPG

#299 2 years ago

This game is Crazy!
I ordered mine a couple of months ago and ordered a full set of Cliffys to add to it. I got pretty lucky - both the pin and the Cliffys arrived today. Thanks to jerseyjack and cliffy for awesome products!

2 weeks later
#398 2 years ago

I put a protector in the phone scoop, but it wouldn't stay flat no matter how much I adjusted it. Made the shot much more difficult so I removed it. I then cut mylar to create a protector just like the metal one I removed. Shot plays like it should and the hole is holding up very well. No damage.

2 weeks later
#613 2 years ago

It does not. Just use the alligator clip to the internal woofer contacts method.

1 week later
#701 2 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I was wondering about this too. The BOB sign is attached at 3 points on to the plastic, the bottom two are screws, but the top one doesn’t lool like it would be so easy to take out. Anybody try that?

Those are small plastic "push rivets". Just use a small screwdriver to lift the head away from it's collar and they will come out. Very easy!

#726 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

LE doesn't come with topper. Speaking of can we buy that separately now and will lighting be CE exclusive or will it work with le?

The topper will not be available to purchase separately.

#800 2 years ago

I’ve had the heavy duty Mylar that is on the magnets - not surrounding - peel up for both magnets. Anybody else seeing this? JJP support is awesome as always and is sending me new mylar. (Thanks Steve Z.!)

87EDFF58-5A5E-4FC1-A00C-E2E1872A4C32 (resized).jpeg

2535CC65-71B6-4AFA-8625-708AB66ECD45 (resized).jpeg

#827 1 year ago

I've had the drone magnet toss it into the SIM scoop. FTW!

#830 1 year ago

A bit off topic but I've ordered a POTCLE and can't wait to put it next to my DILE and THLE. JJP is taking over my gameroom!

1 week later
#1165 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm thinking about replacing rubbers. For those that have done this, do you have the information on what to get? Also - I'm assuming it requires taking off all related plastics?

Go to titanpinball.com. There is a verified “kit” that someone put together on their site. If you don’t like the colors, you can mimic the kit pieces with colors of your choice. The kit is red silicone bands, but I chose clear silicone bands for mine.
I installed the kit last night on my DI and it’s perfect. You do have to disassemble a few things but it’s not too bad, and it will give you some experience for when you have to fix something or replace a broken rubber. Just be sure to take lots of pictures of the fasteners and washers before you disassemble each part to make reassembly a sure thing. And you don’t have to tighten the plastic centered nuts more than snug. They stay tight and you don’t want to harm any plastics by overtightining.

#1177 1 year ago

There is a much better tool available (at least for the IPhone - not sure if it’s available for Android) for leveling your pin. It’s called PinGuy. It’s made for leveling pins. When you put it on the playfield it speaks so you can get under the pin and level it. It will say something like “Back -3 high, left and right level” and keeps speaking until it’s set right. I believe that it defaults to 6.5 degrees. Once you have leveled the playfield you can then put the glass back on the pin and put the phone on the glass. Then tap “Learn Glass” and it will learn what the glass is like when the pin is level so that the next time you use it for that pin you can just put it on the glass instead of on the playfield. It keeps a database for each of your pins. It’s great! I think that it’s free as well.

CA4290CE-56DE-439C-BAFA-01152C3DBE5D (resized).png

554124B9-E1C0-48E0-B536-CE96EC376A56 (resized).jpeg

#1288 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just got my game in today, and having issues with the left wireform. Shot a quick video (pardon the crappy lighting) to show how the ball rolls to the bottom and then pops out rather than dropping down the hole.
Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions?
» YouTube video

Take a strong small magnet (I get mine from my old Sonicare Toothbrush heads before I throw them away) and place it on the underside of the hole at the end of the wireform. Put it on the front edge - the side toward the head of the machine. This will decelerate the ball enough to keep it from jumping out.

#1289 1 year ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

From the software team - today is the day!

Hopefully

#1427 1 year ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Any word on plastic protectors for this game being available? I see mezel has some but they’re colored and I prefer translucent.

I sent Pam at Pinbits a full set of templates for DI. She is working on them now.

#1505 1 year ago

And when you overcharge the phone, the lights surrounding the phone device turn white showing the percent of the overcharge.

#1587 1 year ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

How do you guys remove Mylar ove magnet at theater. I’ve removed drone but reaching theater is a pain. Do I have to remove theater to access.

Yes, remove the theater. First remove the upper playfield, then there are just two fasteners to remove the theatre. A nut in front and another in back. It's not that hard.
When you are under there, make sure that the magnet is absolutley flush with the playfield. Mine wasn't and that was what was causing my mylar to rip. Once it's flush you can replace the mylar and your issues will dissapear! JJP will send you new mylar if you call and ask.

1 week later
#1786 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks for the response! JJP support confirmed it needed to be lowered. The huge nut was on REALLY tight, which made it much more difficult to adjust. In any event, it's perfectly level with the PF and I'm still getting cheap, frustrating SDTM drains during "catch and release" events. The "catch and fling" (backward) events work great.
snaroff

Now that you have the magnet adjusted properly, put the Mylar on and then adjust the throwback timing again. Moving the magnet changes the timing reaction for the ball. And the Mylar is good protection. If JJP didn’t think so they would not have included it and saved the money.

#1796 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I understand the benefits of Mylar, but getting the machine to play well is currently my focus. I'll definitely add mylar when I get some (not something I "stock"
Based on what I've learned from threads and JJP, the "throwback" timing effects the throwback (which is separate from the "catch and release"). I don't believe there are any software adjustments for "catch and release"...would love to be wrong on this one and fix my SDTM drains!
snaroff

Call JJP about the Mylar. The magnet not being adjusted properly from the factory is why your Mylar tore. They will replace if for free. As for the drains, check your side to side level. Adjust it as needed to resolve this. Won’t take much.

#1875 1 year ago

I understand you want completed code ASAP. That’s normal when buying such an expensive toy. But keep in mind: This pin was released with the most complete code of any pin released in several years. All of the code updates are mostly bug fixes and changes requested by the owners/players. NO other manufacturer (except maybe Spooky with TNA - another stellar game) has released a pin with complete code this year. I played my buddy’s Guardians of the Galaxy tonight. Compared to DI it’s SO incomplete. The in/out lanes will light but don’t complete anything when all are lit and then they don’t go out. There are so many missing pieces to the game, that if I had bought it I would have sold it after one week. My friend who owns it and I realized that the only benefit of owning it now is that he will be able to get good at the shots, so that when the new code is eventually released he will be able to play it well.
I for one am extremely satisfied with the level of code that JJP has achieved for this revolutionary game. As Jack himself has said - From now on JJP will only release games with complete code. That’s unprecedented in this business.

#1895 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What happens if you move the machine and not just let it STDM you?

You save the ball.

#1908 1 year ago

If you really want your pin to play well you need to adjust all of the leaf switches to play to your liking. These minor adjustments make all of the difference in the world to play quality. You can’t expect these to be tweaked perfectly by the factory. You gotta show your pin some love here - a little patience and work adjusting these goes a long way to perfecting how she plays. This includes all of the standup targets, pop bumpers and flippers.

#1914 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ok. Question and I'm sure it's all over the place but I will ask anyway. What is the very best settings for:
Both lower flippers
Upper right flipper
Phone scoop kickout
Theatre strength
I'm just trying to get dialed in.

I’m sure that the “best” setting varies from machine to machine. That’s why JJP made these adjustments possible. Personally I find that even after adjusting the EOS switches and flipper/PF gaps, my lower flippers need to be at max possible strength to play well. Otherwise many good shots tend to be a bit weak. I noticed that the flippers on JJP pins are considerably different than those of other manufacturers, and take getting used to. Not better or worse, just different. I didn’t need to adjust the upper flipper or phone scoop strength at all. And the most important thing IMHO for the theatre magnet is to make sure first of all that it is level with the playfield. After that each machine differs and needs to be tweaked. The tweaking will depend on your degree of slope, and if the mylar is installed and intact (should be installed - that’s the way Pat designed it).
But just like any pin - play with the settings and the slope and the leaf switches and the slight bends to metal pieces where needed until your particular pin plays to your liking. What settings work for my pin in my Gameroom may not necessarily work for yours.
It took me a month or so to get my LE “dialed In”.

#1919 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Incorrect. JJP flipper mechs are identical to B/W flipper mechs. When adjusted properly, they should feel like B/W flippers. I haven't fiddled with the software flipper strength setting...they are using the factory default.
Your flippers aren't dialed in properly or something else doesn't add up. My flipper strength is awesome...
snaroff

T hanks for the tip. I’ll play with them some more.
Although I must say my Twilight Zone flippers seemed much more powerful than my Hobbit or Dialed In flippers.

1 week later
#2010 1 year ago

My LE goes left.

#2058 1 year ago

I'd like to try one as well. I removed my Cliffy after using it to replace the JJP protector and am almost unprotected. Using a couple of layers of Mylar. Works so much better but I am concerned about long-term damage.

#2084 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Looks like I have a v1 scoop protector.

You have neglected to remove the protective plastic that comes with Cliffy's. Looks much better without it (and makes it slightly thinner).

3 weeks later
#2406 1 year ago

For the SIM card, I realized that the posts on either side of the hole are offset in such a way that it makes the shot more difficult. The lower one is proud of the upper one. This makes a straight shot from the upper flipper extremely difficult. I wonder if these are positioned this way to make the shot harder or if the upper one is set back through necessity to make the middle ramp shot possible.
Just my observation. Carry on.

#2414 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

You mean with a single shot you have collect 4 SIM cards that were stacked? Good to know and Happy you succeeded this shot while i guess if I were beside you at this moment I could have learn all English swearings...

Not in a single shot. But in a single ball it’s possible with repeated SIM card shots.

#2432 1 year ago

I tell you that shot is a bitch.
I have a Cliffy protector, and have put smaller rubbers on the posts. I also put a piece of magnetic tape on the inside of the VUK to dampen the shot to keep it from bouncing out. I find that it's a little easier with this (almost cheating) setup, but I have a devil of a time making that shot still. Almost never make it off of the upper flipper - always a bank shot or luck.

#2680 1 year ago

I finally beat my Dialed In!
I just had an amazing game. While playing through all of the modes, shots and got past Chaos in Quantum City and Armageddon. I didn’t complete each of the modes the first time around, but after completing them all they started again so I was able to light enough SIM cards. I was concentrating on completing modes and getting multiballs and shooting for SIM cards. At one point the phone turned gold, and soon I realized that I had only one SIM left to complete D.i.a.l.e.d. I.n. All of the sudden I’m playing against D.I.E. In the Showdown mode. All of the balls are launched and the phone turns light blue and says: “Shoot phone to reveal enemy weak spot!”. Each time I hit the phone another major shot lights red and becomes vulnerable for attacking D.I.E. Each time a ball drains I lose a bit on my meter and each time I hit a red shot D.I.E. Loses some of it’s meter. Whenever a ball drains it’s launched back into play. At one point I beat D.I.E. And the backglass returns to normal (sans meters) and whenever a ball drains at this point it’s gone. All of the red shots are still lit and scoring jackpots until the second-to-last ball drains. At that point the game returns to normal play with no letters in D.i.a.l.e.d. I.n. lit. Final score: 9,748,530.
I was able to cradle the ball and take a picture (below) when I had all but 1 SIM card, but after that the game was just too crazy to try to stop and get pictures.
Dialed In is such an amazing game!

8DB5F947-B473-44B7-BF15-CF88DE5434B2 (resized).jpeg

AE62BB64-C537-4900-9FC0-1A1A8C2078B7 (resized).jpeg

C64C813F-BA81-4DF9-854B-29CF0B5059E8 (resized).jpeg

7E8F2B71-FFC1-4D9A-A82A-02837561C73F (resized).jpeg

#2702 1 year ago

Thanks! I usually can't either. But once in a while I get lucky . . .

#2714 1 year ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

It's unbelievably satisfying to beat this game. Be sure to record your score into Pinsides database! I did a little over 11 Million myself and hold the #1 spot for now. The really big points come after spelling ''dialed in'' and beating modes all over again. I was averaging a little over 1.2 million points per mode completion after showdown!

Thanks! I did enter my score in the Pinside database. I’m currently at number 3. I could have done better but I had to effectively drain my last two balls because my wife was angry that I was playing 15 minutes after my agreed upon no pinball time. I really wish I had the time to really play it out. Next time. (Sigh). I still don’t thing that I could have beaten your high score. That’s impressive!

#2722 1 year ago

Ive got the Titan clear rings. They work really well and are much cleaner.

#2742 1 year ago

I use these on all of my pins. Can't go wrong.
https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-leg-protector-hidden/

Capture (resized).JPG

1 week later
#2842 1 year ago

Same as on most pins. Alligator clips to the speaker leads on the downward-firing speaker in the cabinet

#2870 1 year ago

Great! Now where are the TWD and Star Trek towels?

#2893 1 year ago

Remove the screw. Push a dowel into the hole and fill it with a little wood glue. Let dry over night. Drill another hole slightly farther away from the wall to mount the clip farther away from the wall.

#2923 1 year ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Have to watch my QED guy. I think the lightning bolts above his head scratched my glass a little

Mine touched the glass too. The plastic doesn’t scratch the glass, it leaves trails. I used hot glue to attach mine to Bob’s hands and lean it back so it doesn’t touch the glass.

2 weeks later
#3026 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Here is the Mantis phone scoop protector. Designed to protect the sides that get hammered in normal gameplay. This is Mantis's first winged protector design.

I'm interested in seeing pictures of this installed.
Thanks!

#3075 1 year ago

Just finished installing the backbox lights. Thanks lyonsden for the idea and great instructions. Looks great! I also added some on the bottom. I attached them to the monitor so there was no need to add a quick disconnect.

B5DE5890-C8B5-4E6C-915F-8E8C8747A8E9 (resized).jpeg

6B4706F7-7AB0-4DA8-9642-B00D85135A6D (resized).jpeg

#3114 1 year ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I checked to see if the QED is leaning forward. The figure itself is not leaning off of the mechanism. But the entire mechanism does seem to wobble back and forth in the slot of the track if manually moved back and forth. If left to gravity it seems to ride the bottom of the slot. Perhaps that is my issue?

Sounds like it. Look underneath to ensure that everything is tightly fastened.

#3115 1 year ago

I had a weird one happen tonight. The spring steel flap on the “Bob” trap door (under Station on the playfield) snapped in two. Can’t figure out how THAT happened unless it was hit really hard while partially open, perhaps during a multiball.
Has anyone else had this happen? Anyway I’ll call JJP on Monday. They’ve always been great about supporting my pins.

C447896F-AC22-4C19-AD43-CC7CAF1AE73B (resized).jpeg

ED99BD84-DF10-44F9-B343-509B37A099CD (resized).jpeg

#3135 1 year ago

Straightedge against the inlane.

#3170 1 year ago

Here’s what I did: A little rubber stick on bumper.

2497B356-11C2-4F3C-83E7-3E6B8D6FB07F (resized).jpeg

62797974-CEDC-42D8-AFCE-3C78539359E2 (resized).jpeg

#3181 1 year ago
Quoted from Kazowi:

Can someone tell me when the drone propellers work during game play?
I’ve never seen them go on once, when I test them they all work fine

They spin a lot, but are hard to see. Check them out whenever you hit the drone target under them. I'm not sure if that's when they spin, but you can also look when you hear the buzzing from the speakers.

#3184 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just had a pretty decent game (2M) and collected 4 SIM cards. Had a very long running High Voltage Multiball and it seemed like I was awarded more than 1 SIM card while playing HVM. Is it possible to earn more than 1 SIM card while playing a "Quick" Multi-ball?
Curious,
snaroff

As long as you have more than one SIM card qualified i.e. completed modes successfully, you can win as many SIM cards as you have qualified at any time, including quick multiball. EXCEPT when you are playing Chaos in Quantum City. I HATE the fact that you can't win SIM cards during this mode.

#3186 1 year ago

Oh. I get it. DOH!

1 week later
#3300 1 year ago

My Bluetooth dongle seems to stop working frequently and my phone won't connect. Could I just swap the dongle with another or does it have to be a specific make/model?

#3324 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Am I correct in thinking a lit sim card ( but not collected yet ) is lost when getting to Chaos in Quantum city? I just reached chaos with 2 collected sim cards and one ready for collection. I hit the sim hole during chaos but it wasn't collected, then when the mode was over the sim waiting to be collected was gone. 99% sure that's what happened, hope it's fixed in the future.

Partially correct. It won’t collect SIM cards during Chaos, but you won’t lose them. Whatever was available prior to Chaos will still be available after.

#3400 1 year ago
Quoted from BigT:

If you don’t remove the Mylar on the magnet, it gets destroyed by the ball and eventually you will have to replace it.

IMHO the Mylar has a purpose and should be left on. Yes you will have to replace it from time to time, but it still serves a purpose. JJP could have saved money and left it off but they think that it is necessary. I buy new shoes from time to time. I could walk around barefoot, but I find the shoes necessary.

#3424 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

So with the torpedo base in the drain, you're getting 6.5?

In the middle of the playfield it’s 6.5. I don’t use a torpedo. I use the Pinguy app.

#3427 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

How much are the leg levellers on the back turned out? 1/4 way? 1/2 way?
With my torpedo level sitting between the drain and lower part of slings, I'm now getting 6.5 degrees, but my the bubble level on the shooter lane is at the third line.
Does this sound right?

I don't base anything on the bubble level as I find it to be inconsistent from pin to pin.

2 weeks later
#3552 1 year ago

You'll have to uncover the camera so it can see you wave. Have you tried makeup?

#3560 1 year ago

If you tell her about the issue she’ll send you the external spring at no charge I think.

#3668 1 year ago

Another thing to watch for - the spring steel flap on the trap door has been breaking on some of these. Both mine and my buddie’s DI have had this issue. It should be around 1.5 inches long or so and have rounded corners. Here is my broken one:

Trap door 1 (resized).jpg

Trap door 2 (resized).jpg

#3670 1 year ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Thanks, would that be similar to the TOM basement door?

I'm not familiar with the TOM one. Just added pics to my post if that helps.

#3691 1 year ago

"Has anyone reached Showdown, and any tips on getting to it?"
I've been able to beat "Showdown" twice, but I have it set so that the SIM cards are available after a new ball starts instead of draining with each ball. Other than that it's setup standard.
It's a b1t@H to get to Showdown but not too hard beat the mode. It's a really fun mode once you get there - especially the video on the backglass while the mode is starting. It's kind of anti-climatic after the mode because you start over with no SIM cards etc. I kind of wish that the game would end after Showdown, like TNA does after beating reactor #9.
As for tips, I try to get as many ball locks as possible so that I can focus on the SIM card collections during multi balls. I think that it's a little safer.
And no, I've never gotten anywhere near reactor #9 on TNA.

IMG_3920 (resized).JPG

#3701 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

That's a BIG difference, a far cry from standard. I'd say that makes the game 30-40% easier.

Correct. I would have never made it without this. After about 2000 games I've only made it twice with this handicap.

#3702 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good to know, thanks. From what I read to collect a SIM card you have to hit the SIM card shot. If you have a SIM card shot lit after completing an objective and drain is the SIM card shot still lit on the next ball?

Not by default, but you can change the settings to make it stay for the next ball(s).

#3762 1 year ago

I think that CiQC should have a SIM award after a set amount of jackpots. Also, it should award SIM cards instead of ignoring SIM hole shots during the mode. JJP says that this will be included in the next update.

#3871 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Unrelated....is it me or do DI's flippers seem softer than other machines? All of my Stern's have lightening fast, super responsive flippers. My WMS games a close 2nd. My MMR a close 3rd. But DI seems to suffer from random fading even during single ball play, and much more prominently as the ball gets to the end of the flipper, making orbit shots hard to hit since the power seems to vary each shot. The flipper strength is set plenty powerful enough as the ball goes up the left and right ramps without issue. But the orbits, especially the left one shot from right flipper seems to vary in power every shot. Am I losing my mind or does anyone else experience this?

I've asked this same question and was told that the flippers are exactly the same as other pins. So it's just us.

#3874 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For sure. My game had both lower flippers set to 18 which is a few notches down from the default settings.

All three of my flippers are set to max to make it play well. Can only make it up the right ramp from the left flipper about 50% of the time. And I have tuned the EOS, tightened the coil mounts so that there is no play and checked the gap between the flippers and the playfield etc. Playfield is set at 6.5 degrees.

#3878 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

If you are at max, either there's something wrong with your game, or your setup is wrong.

It’s setup right. Any idea what could be wrong?

#3881 1 year ago

The only thing about monitoring the voltage is that I have 3 other pins in the same room all running from the same socket. Usually only one is turned on at any given time. All of the other pins flippers work well, including (in the past) a TZ, MMR, and a few Sterns. It's definitely this pin. I guess I could change out the coils. Is there any way to tell if the coils are getting the proper power? I have a pretty good meter but have NO idea how to use it. Was going to learn, but haven't gotten around to it. . .

1 week later
#3950 1 year ago

Mine was broken as well. JJP quickly replaced it for me.

#3990 1 year ago

That’s right. You have to scratch it by waving. Sometimes it just gives it to you - maybe it senses your movement.

1 week later
#4151 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Has anyone bought one of those candy chrome shooter rods for DI? I was looking at the blue one but wasn’t sure how the color matched up to the LE.

I’ve got a blue Chrome Candy shooter on my D.I. Be sure to order the smaller spring from them when you order the shooter. I’ve bought 4 Chrome Candy shooters and love them!

#4161 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If the mini wizard mode lightshow is that awesome im guessing Armageddon and showdown are super amazing..... to bad ill probably never see it lol

Showdown is amazing. Be sure to watch the video on the back box while it’s starting the mode.

#4162 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How do you get that?

You have to playing a pre-determined number of modes. I think that it’s 7.

1 week later
#4267 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I'm thinking about getting Plastic Protectors for my machine. I'm not sure which brand I should get.I did email Pinbits to see if they plan on making them,but I haven't heard back from them.

I made a set of templates for D.I. for Pam at Pinbits about a year ago and she said that she was going to make protectors. Never heard a word from her since. Did the same thing for the Hobbit prior to that and she quickly made them available. Don’t know what’s happening there.

#4325 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

New Station 3
LTG : )

You mean OLD station 3 - the original.

2 weeks later
#4547 1 year ago

So this just happened . . .
I love the animation when this mode starts.

#4549 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Nice! So, what's the plot for Showdown? It looks like you are fighting against DIE itself.

That’s it. It’s attacking your flippers and you are shooting the ramps and loops. If you hit the phone it tells you (verbally) where D.I.E’s current weak spot shot is. You remove D.I.E's life meter by hitting the ramps and loops and you lose life when you drain balls. This continues until either your or D.I.E's life meter goes empty.

I always wondered what the graphics are that wrap around the sides and bottom of the video screen on the backglass. It’s the surrounding scene for the room at the top of the tower during the showdown mode. (Mine is lit from behind)
82081BD5-DFA2-44AD-BB33-7DA6DE138403 (resized).jpeg

#4555 1 year ago

You’ll get there Damien. I have probably 600 games on mine and have only reached this 3 times.

#4559 1 year ago

Holy crap! I just watched this again and ...
watch it and look at the theatre. I love all of the amazing details that they have put into this game. Most people would never see this because they are focusing on gameplay. Really cool!

#4590 1 year ago

I need a little help here . . .

A buddy bought a DICE and the upgraded his topper. I bought his old topper and have mounted it to my DILE, but am unsure where to connect the wires. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Bill

#4592 1 year ago

Never mind. Found the topper wiring. Thanks!

#4595 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Pics or it didn´t happen

2143B294-0FED-411C-A3A6-12F67A574D0A (resized).jpeg
#4601 1 year ago

There is absolutely nothing special that happens when you beat Showdown. It’s almost a complete letdown. Hoping that JJP puts something special in there.

#4614 1 year ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

The choreography for Showdown hasn't been completed yet. You do get victory laps for defeating the Top Evil Dude, but most of the feedback is missing at this point. We'll get to finishing that up eventually.
--Ted

Thanks Ted! You guys are awesome!

3 weeks later
#4790 1 year ago

At least some of the BOB modes award you the chance to get another SIM card. For that reason I'll focus on a couple of those while playing. This furthers your chance to make it to Showdown. I still ignore the Drones Gone Wild mode though.

#4848 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

Does anyone know when it will give the printed DI Manual ?

Only Jack at this point. He recently sent a picture of himself holding one and sitting in front of boxes of the manuals to a buddy, but after that . . .crickets.

2 weeks later
#4976 1 year ago

Just an FYI:
My phone is flawless. Sorry about those of you who have gotten bad ones, but I bet you are in the minority. QA at JJP is top notch!

1 month later
#5279 1 year ago

The next update should also let you score SIM cards when you drop into the SIM card hole during Chaos in Quantum City mode.

#5283 1 year ago

You can adjust the strength of the magnet activity in the settings.

1 week later
#5346 1 year ago

JJP will probably ship one to you within a day or two of your calling them. They're great that way.

#5349 1 year ago

Got my Dialed In manual. Wow! Worth the wait. This sucker’s huge! Maybe 3.5 pounds and extremely well done. High quality-first class all the way as always. Thanks Jersey Jack Pinball!
It includes 60 full color pages with pictures on the design and making of Dialed In as well as many many pictures from various shows leading up to the official release of Dialed In!

C8A827D4-680C-4611-84AB-BE72B23D751A (resized).jpeg
#5352 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m curious, when did you order it?

I ordered it on Thursday. Get yours quick before they run out of this batch!

3 weeks later
#5615 12 months ago

My lottery tickets behave pretty much like that too.

#5628 12 months ago

A buddy of mine got a DI CE and had the playfield protector installed from the factory. I didn't think that I'd like it, but it plays really well compared to mine and my other buddy's DI. It also helps with the magnet issues - no need to mess with the mylar. I recommend the playfield protector on this one.

1 week later
#5826 11 months ago

Showdown ready. Just had to hit the theatre. Hit the ticket target and then SDTM. I must admit I said a curse word.
One thing that I had forgotten from the two previous Showdowns that I reached. I kept hitting BOB to try to charge the phone (4 times) and it wouldn't charge. Then I looked up at the theatre and saw that it was the target I had to hit to start Showdown.

CE5BFB9E-B17E-4C27-8498-DA16B55E93C6 (resized).jpeg

#5831 11 months ago

I use SuperBands. Love 'em.

#5835 11 months ago

I think that the more "out of control" aspect of Superbands actually makes me control the ball better. The harder it is to control the ball, the better I have to play. Plus I like that they are a bit grabbier - this helps when it's going to drain and the ball catches the tip of the flipper.
But that's just me. Your mileage may vary.

#5875 11 months ago

The theatre goes off by design. It only plays animations at certain times.

#5886 11 months ago

I have a very early LE and the drones have never been a problem.

#5984 11 months ago

Really like the new code update. Scoring is much better balanced, multi ball scoring is now worth it, now collects SIM cards during Chaos in Quantum City multiball, new and complete animations and speech as well. Made Armageddon and Showdown this morning and got a new G.C. Great job JJP! Only changes to stock settings is SIM card hold when balls drain. May have to turn that off now.

BFDC22A6-FE11-49C9-A31D-A72B8084257C (resized).jpeg

#5995 11 months ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

You must be an incredible player to put up a score like that!

Thanks, but the new code has made the gameplay a lot better now. I can’t take all of the credit!

#6023 11 months ago
Quoted from Damien:

Looks like you guys are just playing NES right now. Let's see that 12 million score live

Yeah lots harder playing someone else’s pin and doubles (and drinking scotch ). My game is certainly better dialed in than Owl’s, but the 12 million score was one hell of a lucky game as well. NOT my usual score by far. I’ve gotten to Showdown 4 times since buying the game, and I play a lot. Usual games are closer to 1 to 2 million when I’m playing well. Just good timing on the new code and my making a new G.C. I’m no Keith Elwyn for sure.
Thanks for watching as usual!

#6024 11 months ago

I tried to talk Owl into streaming my Dialed in but he doesn’t want to - too much work to stream a pin he owns. Mine plays much better and we would most likely get much further in the game. Maybe soon he’ll change his mind. Owl?

#6037 11 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I watched for awhile and the game seemed to play well...especially when compared to DI's on location. I'm curious...what aspects of your game play are much better than Owl's? I spent a lot of time dialing mine in (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialing-in-dialed-in-le-96) and I'm always looking for tweaks to improve the play...
snaroff

A few things are different: The two most major differences are that on Owl’s Dialed In his phone kick out is random and unpredictable. It will hit the middle of the sling, the bottom of the sling or the tip of the flipper. Mine consistently hits the middle of the right flipper so you can catch and get control of the ball right away when a mode starts and start making necessary shots. Owl complains that there is not enough time to make the shots during modes - if his game was more controllable at the beginning of the modes, this wouldn’t be the case.
Also, on mine when the ball is on the left flipper, it’s easy to consistently backhand the left ramp. This helps greatly during modes, especially the wildfire, acid rain, and alien attack modes. On Owl’s DI even with the flipper power at full (like mine) it’s almost impossible to backhand the left ramp from a resting ball.
When Owl’s theater magnet “pulses”, it will sometimes shoot the ball straight down where mine consistently shoots it up. I think his needs a little more fine tuning as we both experienced SDTM balls when this happened last night.
I have superbands on mine which I’ve gotten used to and provide more bounce, and I wax mine frequently which makes it play faster. I prefer a faster game - I play better that way and can keep the flow going. Owl prefers a more controlled game which works well for him, and he doesn’t like the feel of “stupid bands”.
Owl has been playing pinball competitively for quite a while as well as streaming for years, where I’m more of a recreational player. His consistency is better than mine with his controlled play, but I occasionally get killer GC scores (as does he), especially on games that I own.
Oh yeah I almost forgot - my DI LE also has a topper. Of course it plays better!

#6042 11 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Interesting...no doubt random kick backs from the scoop aren't great. Mine had some problems with this as well...IIRC, I bent the scoop hood very slightly and reduced the power very slightly to fix it. The randomness was being caused by hitting the low wireform in front of the scoop.
On mine, backhanding the left ramp is possible, but not easy. Did you tweak yours?
FWIW, I prefer Titans over superbands.
I've met Owl at some of the Florida pinball gatherings...great guy. Helped nudge me towards a beautiful Centaur years ago (which is still in my collection).
If you are ever in the West Palm Beach area, ping me. Would love to play some DI with you! Would be interesting to get your opinion on how mine plays.
snaroff

I didn’t have to tweak my left ramp, just pump up the flipper power and put on Superbands.
I do get to the East coast from time to time. I’ll let you know next time I’m coming over. Got to get a Russo’s sub once in a while!

#6058 11 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I just got QTMB as well...fun mode. Can someone explain the rules for how I achieved it?
So far, the Beta has been rock solid for me. Played about 12 games...
snaroff

There are 4 modes that you need to get at least 2 hits for each mode in the theatre to qualify. Kilowatts, Transit, Drones and Spider. Transit is where you bash the train doors, Drones, which I find hardest to qualify displays a drone in the theatre, etc. After you get at least 2 hits on each you’re ready. It seems to me that the more hits you get on each of these while qualifying, the higher scores you get while playing the multi ball.

#6078 11 months ago

One thing I love about the new code. . . Dat bass drop when one of the theatre targets goes active.

3 months later
#7198 8 months ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

I think the SIM card shot may have been intended to be made more with a left flipper bank off the drone rubber than with the upper right flipper. It’s one of the most satisfying shots when you can make it purposefully. I would think a very skilled player could do this with some consistency (ie maybe 50% of the time).

That is my go-to SIM card shot. Much more reliable than a upper flipper shot.

2 weeks later
#7333 7 months ago

I added Pinstadium lights to my Dialed In today. I’ve had the pin for a couple of years and never even considered Pinstadiums for any of my pins until I got my BM66 last month. It came with Pinstadiums, and I experimented playing with them off and then on. Amazing difference. I highly recommend these for Dialed In.

1 week later
#7373 7 months ago

Let's face it: Your balls are just too big!

1 week later
#7428 7 months ago

Also check any mods that may have had their electrical connections come loose or fail. I worked on a pin last night that powered down in the middle of a game and then wouldn’t power on. Turned out it was a lighted topper that had been installed with a couple of alligator clips to connect to power and ground. One of the clips had come loose and was shorting a nearby connection.
Always check mod connections - especially if they are new or recent mods.

3 weeks later
#7504 6 months ago
Quoted from fossmin:

What's a good replacement shooter rod for Dialed In?
Thanks
Gerry

Chrome Candy rods are on most of my pins. Solid metal in many different colors. Very nice!

1 week later
#7555 6 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Flippers died in the middle of a game then worked after the ball drained, happened several times last night. I haven't done any troubleshooting yet , anyone else have this happen?

Probably a bad opto or solder connection in the ball trough. When (False) triggered it thinks that the ball has drained and is in the trough.

#7577 6 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Ok, so after having some power issues with my Pingraffix Power Blades, I exchanged them for the Mirror Blade Skins. At TPF I was assured that they were easy to install, they just adhesive on. I get them in the mail and there's written instructions for a Williams machine, a set of screws, a bolt hole too small to go over the whole thing, and no adhesive to be seen. 4 days later and no response back from Joe via email.
These things are beautiful though and I'm determined to make them work. So has anyone else installed these on their machine? I've never removed the hinge bolts before and I keep hearing that machines are different on removing it. Do the Dialed In bolts remove easily or do I need to get out the rubber hammer and a point? What do I need to look out for? I'm also waiting for a set of blade protectors to come in before I install them.

I ran into the same problem. I used a rat tail file to widen the holes so they would fit over the hinge bolts and other than that they fit perfectly.
I used the included screws to attach them.

3 weeks later
#7709 5 months ago

Thanks for all of the fantastic things you do to support the pinball community Lloyd. You truly are an asset to the hobby.

2 months later
#8224 89 days ago

OK. I'm having trouble picturing out the "drop a 8/32 lock nut into the sleeve". Can someone please show a picture or a sketch of this? Sorry but sometimes I can be a little slow . . .
Thanks!

#8229 89 days ago

Easy enough.
Thanks Lloyd!

1 week later
#8421 81 days ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Slower processor in my machine, coils inconsistent, in rare cases delay in videos, with BT dongle directly in backbox
[quoted image]

I'm seeing the video lag and inconsistent coils as well. My D.I.L.E. is older than yours, serial Number: 8721282.
I too wonder if the motherboard socket is the right configuration to just swap the CPU, and how much the faster CPU costs.
Even better- would JJP be willing to swap them for us early buyers?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 189.00
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crwjumper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside