IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#546 6 years ago

Thought I better throw my hat in the ring. New DILE owner. Very happy with the game. Had to do a bit of tweaking, but plays great now.

Love having a regular sized JJP game. Pat has really put some though into this. I guess he had a few years to think about it. And next to no budget restraints.

#553 6 years ago

So skill shot not programmed yet?

#559 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Skill shot and double skill shots are all there.
Soft plunge to hit that little spot between the theatre exit and the pop bumper entrance for skill shot. When it ejects, hit the upper left ramp immediately to get a double skill shot. Which skill shot bonus is determined by what's lit in the shooter lane when you launch.

Right, it is. Got it once before I wrote the post and nothing happened, but since then its been paying out. Its a good skill shot too, and love the 2nd stage super skill shot.

#560 6 years ago

Did someone post here its difficult to open the back box? What was the issue? My backbox keys don't work at all - numbers match, key goes in smoothly, but key won't turn at all.

Also, having a lot of ball trough issues - think its a faulty opto board - position 3&4 often show as closed when there are no balls in the trough. Anyone else had issues?

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just realized that some of the characters on the cell phone are not animated when speaking while others are. JJP revisiting to fix those or was that purposeful? Looks like they just ran out of time?

They look like placeholders until they get a chance to fully animate all of them. JJP's track record on code is pretty good compared to its competition.

#596 6 years ago

Sort of reminds me of TZ in a narrow body for some reason. Maybe code/modes. Anyone else?

#604 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Much faster and flows better than tz. Both great in their own way

Yeh, the flow and combos on DI are insane. But there's something about it that still reminds me of TZ - maybe its the packed nature of the PF - the feeling that everything has been thrown into the game with no regard to budget. Or the mode based code (sim cards = door panels), or that TZ also feels like non licenced theme. Some shots are very similar - right upper flipper to sim scoop = right upper flipper to camera, Phone scoop = Slot scoop, theatre shot = ball lock (but easier).

Anyway, whatever it is theyre both brilliant. DI deserves to be up there with TZ.

#608 6 years ago

Speaking of PF protectors, for those that aren't putting one on, make sure you put a piece of Mylar under the station ramp, where the ball drops out onto the pf. TBH, the mylar protection on this game ex works is great - that's the only bit they missed, but probably needs it most.

1 week later
#637 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Does the DILE still come with the comic book?

Mine did.

1 week later
#789 6 years ago

Anyone having ball trough issues? Switch 6 (trough jam) intermittently shows as closed (when there's nothing there), and keeps kicking balls out mid game.

#796 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like a loose connection on the opto board or a cold solder joint. Put it in switch test mode and wiggle the opto connector to see if it's intermittent then. If so, spread the pins a little and see if that makes it stay put better.

Ive reseated all the connectors, and traced them all back to the driver board, and reseated those as well. Doesn't seem to trigger if I wiggle any of these.

#801 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I’ve had the heavy duty Mylar that is on the magnets - not surrounding - peel up for both magnets. Anybody else seeing this? JJP support is awesome as always and is sending me new mylar. (Thanks Steve Z.!)

There was a post a while back that recommended cutting out the bit of Mylar that actually covers the magnet. I used an xacto knife and haven't had a problem. Need to do the theatre and the drone one. Found it easier to do it from underneath the pf. Best to do it as soon as possible so there is not to much sticky stuff on the magnet, but you can easily get that off with Citric acid anyway.

Jjp should be using Mylar that already has the hole cut out of it - maybe they'll change eventually.

#802 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

How is the wear around the magnets on the game ? Is any protection needed like Mylar circles or cliffy around them?

As above. Game comes with plenty of Mylar around magnets and also elsewhere. Had to add Mylar under the drop from the station ramp, and of course need to add cliffy's on both scoops if not already installed.

#805 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wait so we need to cut off the mylar on the magnet? I wonder if mine has that too. They have been working well I think. What would this bring to the table if I do?

Because the Mylar will eventually get chewed up over the magnet and you'll likely have to replace the whole piece of Mylar.

Like this from crwjumper :

IMG_9291 (resized).JPGIMG_9291 (resized).JPG

#826 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its almost like a crazy powerful slingshot most of the time..... love it.

Yeh, it mostly acts like the Magna Slings on GB Pre/LE, but also does some other crazy stuff occasionally.

#858 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Anyone else noticing a ton of scratches on their playfields already? See pics above. Mine still has less than 100 games. Not seeing nearly this much wear & tear on my WOZ75 even after 900 games! What is happening to my DILE?

Id be changing the balls.

#928 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Received mine 2 days ago. I had never played it and was one of the rule of law I said I would never do. I was actually worried if I would like this type of game play. Seriously, everything positive about this game that's has been written is spot on. Really a fun pin. One of the best I've ever played.
I also have the trap door issue. Just picked up some silicone grease.
Magnet in theater was set at -60 and did not fling ball back. Set it to -95 and all good.
One question, do the drone blades spin? Haven't seen that. If so what do you do to make them work.

Yep, they spin, just hard to see. Play a game with the glass off and you can feel the air moving, its kind of weird.

#934 6 years ago

And....??

#939 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

That topper is awesome, I want one!

Do we know if JJP are planning one for DI?

#966 6 years ago
Quoted from Raincity:

Had DI LE number 436 delivered to me on Friday afternoon. This is my first pin, and my whole family has been having a blast with it.
I had to make 3 minor adjustments:
Theater magnet was the one that I saw on here, I'm trying -80 now.
I was getting stuck balls on the wires above the light big bang stand-ups when the ball would carom off the phone protector.
Also, the wire trigger for the skill shot was rubbing up against the side of the slot, causing it to hang up when the ball slowly rolled in.
What a great game!

Wow, impressive first pin. Hopefully its not all downhill from here

#968 6 years ago
Quoted from Raincity:

my wife is actively discussing where we might be able to fit the next one.

Wow, impressive wife! Keeper for sure lol

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Just joined the club.... and now have to immediately go to a high school band concert without powering the game up. ARRRGGHGHGHHH

Definition of torture.

That looks like protective cling wrap on the cab? Good idea, but wasn't on mine.

#1103 6 years ago

Finally got my game up and running after 2 consecutive ball trough board failures (!!!!).

I remember reading it but don't know where.....what mode dictates the movement of the mechanics arm? I know mechanic multiball, but what else?

Also how do you adjust the mechanics arm alignment?

#1138 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Here is a link to the board trough on the manual. Page 54 shows assembly:
http://159.203.76.48/di/DI_Manual_2_0_August_2017.pdf
Sections 2-6 are where you can make physical adjustments. Check for loose nuts, make sure the spring is seated properly, then feel for smooth movement in the plunger sleeve. Is this what you are looking for?

Had already been though all the troubleshooting. In the end I had to replace 2 sets of faulty trough boards. Working well now. But these trough boards could be a problem going forward - so close to the ball trough coil.

What I was after was some explanation on the mechanic diverter. Apart from mechanic multiball, when and why is it activated? Also, how do you adjust the height of her arm?

#1203 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I literally got the game last night. Shooter lane swtich is good (up), BAll 6 jam is hoswing green in the meny. Everything else seems ok (no red in the switch menu).

Just been through this exact scenario - trough optos 5 & 6 were flaky. Game was endlessly shooting balls into the trough. Spent hours trying to troubleshoot including re-flowing solder, replacing plugs, testing switches etc etc. Game was out of action for a couple of weeks. In the end one of the opto boards was broken and getting a new set did the trick. Jjp supplied replacements, no problem, but I've got a feeling there's a bad batch as there's at least one more locally with exact same problem.

#1205 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Are the jjp trough boards similar to wpc ones?

Similar, but not interchangeable

#1219 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

One issue I've been having with mine is a lot of rejects - I'm assuming the protectors are doing it on the phone and SIM card, but I'm also getting a lot of rejects on fast shots to the right ramp. The ball hits something in the transition and bounces back.
Anyone else seeing this happen?

I had rejects to both left and right when I first got it. On the right, I think the cutout from the left loop was causing it. I put some adhesive felt just under the cutout which seems to force the ball away from the cutout. I'll take a photo tonight or tomorrow. Whatever was causing it, the felt (was actually the soft side of adhesive Velcro) seemed to do the trick and I don't get rejects anymore.

#1253 6 years ago

So here's where I put the felt for the right ramp hang. I still get a very occasional reject, but has definitely helped. I've used the soft side of adhesive Velcro. Its at the very start of the right ramp flap, under where the clear left ramp meets the wireform. It's at ball height - where the ball rolls along the ball guide, just before the left loop entrance. I had to partially remove the left ramp wireform to access. Hope it helps.

IMG_9413 (resized).JPGIMG_9413 (resized).JPG
IMG_9415 (resized).JPGIMG_9415 (resized).JPG
IMG_9416 (resized).JPGIMG_9416 (resized).JPG

#1390 6 years ago

Just installed my cliffy protectors, replacing the JJP ones. Was getting so many rejects from both scoops with the JJP ones on, that the game was almost unplayable. The Cliffy ones are perfect - almost as good as without any. No rejects at all now.

Also, when I replaced the sim scoop protector, I replaced the white rubbers with much smaller ones. The hole is still hard to hit off the top Flipper, but no where near as hard as it was.

IMG_9466 (resized).JPGIMG_9466 (resized).JPG

#1441 6 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I'm getting rejects from the right ramp on hard shots. No idea what it's hitting. Anyone else have this problem?

Try this easy fix which worked for me. Be curious if it helps others also:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/26#post-4048873

#1510 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Can anyone advise on where to buy Cliffy protectors for Dialed In? My phone scoop is already starting to get funky. I can't seem to find them anywhere on the cliffy passion for pinball website.

If he doesn't have stock, get the free JJP first and then swap it. I would think they'd have it sent out pretty quick.

#1512 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks, but I don't see the protectors anywhere on the JJP website...?

Just open a support case. They'll send both the sim and the phone free.

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

But still get the cliffy down the track as it's much better.

1 week later
#1641 6 years ago

Quoted from LTG:CGC mfgs them.
LTG : )

I thought it was Mirco?

Added over 6 years ago: Confirmed NOT Mirco.

#1642 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Have a Mantis protector on my AFM. 0 damage in 7 years. For new/restored pins that don't need surface damage protected/covered, the inside mounted protectors are a great design (since they don't effect the shot feel on the PF). I have an AFMr on order, so thanks for reminding me to check if they protected or not.

Is that a repro AFM PF?

#1646 6 years ago

Quoted from snaroff:Correct. Part of a restoration I did with HEP in late 2010 (https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0d5Uzl7VMlq2W).

The current repro AFM Playfields are from Mirco in Germany, which is who also makes JJP playfields. I wonder what's changed now that JJP pfs are having these chipping issues.
One thing I have noticed with JJP/Mirco pfs is they don't dimple nearly as much as Stern, yet they seem to be prone to chipping on edges. It might be that the wood is older/denser on Mirco, or there might be a problem with the paint adhering as someone has pointed out. Or maybe the clear is harder and therefore less flexible, so it chips but doesn't dimple.
Added over 6 years ago: Edit: AFM repro PF's are not by Mirco.

Added over 6 years ago: .

#1651 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I decided to play some games on my new DI with the factory 'cliffy' in the SIM hole. I played about 300 games on my original DI with no protector at all so I feel I have a good reference point.
I found that the shot from the upper right flipper is exactly the same. Their cliffy does not prevent any shots from going in that would have otherwise gone in with no protector at all.
The main difference seems to be slow roll-ins. While fast roll-ins (eg. off Bing Bang and left ticket standups) went in just as often as no protector, slower roll-ins tended to deviate at the lip of the way-too-thick factory protector. If I had to estimate, you'll lose 1 out of 5 SIM card shots with the factory protector vs. no protector.
I got nervous from people on here saying the shot was impossible to make with the factory protector on, and this is not true at all. But there is a small advantage in having no protector or presumably the thinner Cliffy protector.
On the other hand, the phone scoop seems to hold up pretty well with just the mylar around it. Makes sense based on how the damage to this hole actually occurs (using my older DI with 300+ long-length plays as a reference). I do not believe a metal protector is needed here.

Its definitely also needed on the phone.

#1653 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Do you have photos of the mylar damaged at the phone scoop?

It was only really minor, and its now under the cliffy, but it was only after about 20 plays. Was on the right side, below the mylar. On the bevelled edge bit. T Wasn't an issue as it was, but had I left it would have gotten worse.

#1768 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Now that I've removed the mylar, it's easier to see the height of the magnet.
Seems high to me...I believe it's suppose to be level with the PF.
Any experience lowering the magnet? The mechanism is adjustable, but it seems like you need a vice to be successful (pretty heavy duty nut that hold the magnet into place).
Thanks for any help, hope this explains why I'm getting so many drains.
snaroff

That's probably a little high, but it should definitely be slightly above the pf otherwise the pf edge will wear.

It's easy to adjust - just need a big flathead and wrench. Just experiment with the thread directions.

#1780 6 years ago
Quoted from Jpp718:

Just put a down payment on a DI this will be the first machine for my family can't wait

Congrats and welcome! Nice first game. Plenty of help on here to get it "Dialed In" when you finally get it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.