Topic Stats

• 9,630 posts
  • 522 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 173 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,169 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191212_160305 (resized).jpg
20191212_163121 (resized).jpg
20191212_160616 (resized).jpg
20191212_162317 (resized).jpg
2019-12-12_2257 (resized).png
20191208_124001 (resized).jpg
C28B2AF0-A559-458E-91C4-B3C9B55FB24E (resized).jpeg
20191129_181029 (resized).jpg
20191129_174254 (resized).jpg
20191129_172356 (resized).jpg
20191129_172155 (resized).jpg
20191129_172219 (resized).jpg
20191129_172203 (resized).jpg
20191122_143930 (resized).jpg
E50F81DD-F160-409F-AC46-7F047A115CA5 (resized).jpeg
E2D85548-0FAD-46AA-81C5-9F189E905965 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (2 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (2 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (2 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (2 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (2 years ago)

Post #1253 Velcro fix for right ramp hangup Posted by cooked71 (2 years ago)

Post #1258 Detailed pictures for adjusting a misbehaving trap door Posted by foobeer (2 years ago)

Post #1332 Getting access to computer in backbox on Dialed In Posted by hank527 (2 years ago)

Post #1347 Ball trap location. Posted by Kevlar (2 years ago)

Post #1377 Fix for USB at the coin door not working Posted by Pinhead1982 (2 years ago)

Post #1391 Fix for Tilt Bob not working all of a sudden Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Post #1431 Adjustment point to grease for trap door to operate smoothly Posted by LTG (2 years ago)

Post #1451 Adjusting arm on Quantum Mechanic Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Post #2507 How to get in backbox to check audio connections Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #2661 DIY Lighting how-to for sides of Dialed In backglass Posted by lyonsden (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#959 2 years ago

Shippers willing mine makes it home tomorrow!

#1077 2 years ago

This game is so good!

1 week later
#1415 2 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

Anyone have an alternate download for new code? JJP website say 6-8 hours to download.

It took me just a few minutes the other day, and I just tested and still super fast so maybe something local?

2 months later
#2550 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

New balls in and gave is waxed. But I don't think normal wear is going to sort this. My MMR has over 2500 games now, and has expected wear and also some clear chipping on edges. I'm not so pleased with the chipping, but I've accepted that a fact of modern pinball.
The marks on this DI are far worse, and nothing I've seen before.

It really doesn't look like much. Just play it and enjoy.

4 months later
#4208 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Ordering my Dialed In Le tomorrow.From what I've read in previous post,I should avoid the playing field protection,correct? Or has this changed?
Thanks in advance
Ralph

Yes avoid it.

1 week later
#4420 1 year ago

Couple thousand plays on mine and the flap is fine.

1 week later
#4542 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Did some more testing on my theatre magnet today. In settings, it works a couple of times before returning to "cooling down" and not working anymore (regardless of value -80 to -120). Anyone else experience the same thing while testing in settings?
The magnet is flush with the playfield. My installation looks like attached photo, anything strange about it?

I am having the exact same problem as you. It used to work fine but no more. One thing I have found is the balls I have which are not supposed to get magnetised are and really quickly too. I have paused diagnosing until I can get a set of good ones.

#4582 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I´m a bit confused. Played tonight and the magnet worked fine during play. Didn´t have the time to play very long though so have to do further tests. Maybe the magnet can get over-heated as suggested above?

I swapped in some new balls. Everything is fine now, the test works normally and I don't keep getting the cooling message. I don't know why but I keep getting balls that are supposed to be magnetic resistant that are anything but. My last of balls (from ball barron) got magnetised in about 10 games. They were sticking to each other and very obviously magnetised. Standard marco balls are working just fine though.

#4586 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Thanks. I installed one this evening also. To my surprise it completely fixed the problem. Sounds great now. JJP should just install these at the factory.

Thank you. I’ve been messing with the camera settings. It seems to be working a little better but it’s still not 100% by any means.

Awesome! I haven’t verified yet with Cliff but I’m assuming our games have his protectors installed from the factory.

Backlighting/lighting can have a big impact on the camera. It will not work well if the area behind you is really bright like a window durring the day. The flash on the standard also helps a lot when it is darker.

#4596 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

It does seem to be ball related. I tried with new balls in test mode and it worked flawlessly. When going back to the old (low-magnetic) ones which I´ve used for maybe 60 games, it started acting strange again. So I put in the new ones and it seem to be working. So it might be that balls that are magnetized makes the magnet disfunction.

Excellent! My balls were sticking in the trough and not releasing when the magnet went off too which made me realise just how badly they were magnetised. Glad it was a simple fix.

1 month later
#5056 1 year ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Found two thumb screws inside the machine. One top left and one top right corner on timber bottom. Any ideas where they came from.
[quoted image][quoted image]

They are for the coin mech. Not going to hurt anything.

1 month later
#5285 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

No! The magnet activity makes that mode fun and unpredictable. I occasionally get a SDTM, but I am able to finish that mode 4 out of 5 times. Also, it's always fun to watch new players play that mode.

I can only finish it about 1 out of 4. It is a very risky mode and I am increasingly avoiding it. I don't want the rules changed though

#5289 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This works for me as well sometimes - but there are still a LOT of times when the ball comes back out of the theater and SDTM, and of course I also have the times when they all just rockets down the middle after the magnet grabs it and -drain.
I wish they could add some code to grab the ball at that drone magnet after you successfully make a shot. May not be physically possible but it would help a lot

This is what happens to me. Easy to hit it but the catch and release is tricky!

3 weeks later
#5437 1 year ago

My flippers are fine. I set the power down a bit from factory but no problems and quite consistent.

#5484 1 year ago

I'm not sure if this is a general DI thing or just my game. When I hit the left ramp with a softer shot the ball will sometimes get stuck in the mechanic diverter.

As I understand it, the diverter goes up a little when it hits the switch below it and then drops back down a little bit. This is fine with fast hits as the ball is past when the diverter drops back down a little but not slower hits as the ball gets trapped either right before the diverter or right underneath the diverter. In either case ball search doesn't free it (yes the diverter is moving) and you normally can't shake it loose. The game will eventually release another ball but then as soon as one ball drains flipper die and you lose the second ball. I find this incredibly frustrating.

I have messed with the mech and it works fine and there doesn't appear to be a way to set it 'higher' it just happens on softer shots as the diverter drops back down before the ball has cleared, it needs to stay up like 1/2 second longer.

Am I alone on this if so, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

#5532 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

My theatre magnet doesn't work with ninja balls. It makes a sound as if its trying to pull the ball, then the ball just drops. I used to switch between sets of ninjas but they all started to get magnetized pretty soon. I'm now using low magnetic balls and haven't needed to change them at all.

I have struggled getting balls that don't get magnetised lately. I finally found some good ones but my theatre magnet is dropping, not throwing. What magnet setting are you using?

3 weeks later
#5942 1 year ago

I will be playing the new code in about 5 minutes....

#6148 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

No the machine doesn´t start at all, nothing happens when switching on. Have checked the wall socket and it works. This might sound strange, but I believe the fuse might have looked like in the picture before this happened, I just didn´t change it as the game worked just fine. So my guess is that it is something else that´s wrong. What happened was that I started up the machine and after a couple of seconds it just shut down and won´t start anymore - zero power.

Check where to cord goes into the cabinet it can get loose.

#6150 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Just checked and nope not the problem.

Working from memory here... Did you check the fuse in the front bottom right of the cabinet by where the game power swtich is? It unscrews from the top of the silver box

4 weeks later
#6416 1 year ago
Quoted from jclausing:

Yes it is switch 48 and it does not register at all now.

I believe 48 is just a regular stand up target that basically has two piece of metal (blades) that when touching close the switch. When not touching the switch is open. Go into switch tests and try wiggling/moving/activating the switch to see what it is doing. Most likely the gap between the blades just needs adjustment but make sure there are no loose wires or a broken blade.

#6464 1 year ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

In dark surrounding the pictures taken are sometimes very bad quality on my LE. How is your experience with the flasher on the SE? Is it possible to add a flasher to LE as well?

I don't know if you can add it but it works really well in the dark on my standard. My only lighting problem is there is a window behind where the player stands and if a lot of light is coming through it photo quality is often poor. Low light is better for mine.

6 months later
#7980 5 months ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Possible phone problem
It might be me getting paranoid, but when the phone mode it hit and the disaster mode is activated some times the characters mouth ( when speaking )
doesn’t move. Is this right ?

Sounds like you are running old code. The earlier versions didn't have all of the animations but now the characters are all animated and mouths move.

#8079 5 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Am I talking to the dead?

I get that this is frustrating but people have lives and may not be available to answer your questions in real time.

Go through it all and diagnose, if you are doing something like this for the first time it can be tricky but it gets easier. You said earlier switch 20 is broken I would start there.

When I am diagnosing I normally go through everything electrical (switches & coils) and make sure they work. If everything electrical works go over everything mechanical. The problem is in there somewhere. Figure out how the mech is operating and then figure out what is not right.

1 week later
#8112 5 months ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Slings are supposed to cause randomness.

Yep but it's his game and he should set it up in a way that he enjoys.

1 month later
#8660 4 months ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

An someone explain what the phone means after you lock a ballin the station and it says ‘press both flippers to cancel multiball’? I’ve tried hitting them both, holding them, double tapping them and it never cancels multiball??? How do you do it??

Do it very quickly or it times out.

3 weeks later
#8969 3 months ago
Quoted from altan:

Thanks for the pic!
Does the flash help? Or does it give everyone red eye?
Does it flash all the time during selfie mode or only for high score pics?

It flashes all the time with the camera which I like cause it adds to the effect. I don't get red eye and my photos turn out well from a lighting standpoint.

2 weeks later
#9062 84 days ago
Quoted from altan:

When I got my DI (about 3 or 4 weeks ago), I very quickly upgraded it to 1.71. I don't see the lag even though I've got the Celeron processor. Very strange.
I suppose I'm not seeing it because I didn't ever experience the original appearance? But I'm typically very aware of lag issues and don't see anything.

Some other have been OK too so you may just be lucky. I have been meaning to upgrade (I have a celeron) but still haven't gotten around to it...

#9097 81 days ago
Quoted from altan:

Wow.
I'm wondering if we are finding out that some Carbon Steel pinballs are more pure than others.

This is absolutely the case! I found the ball barron balls terrible, pinball life used to be good but not anymore and this is not just the case with DI but any magnet game. I have finally given up on all 'extra shiny' carbon steel. I have had VERY good luck with the basic Marco standard balls and these are my new go to.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-5

1 month later
#9471 40 days ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nope the switch arm is designed like this. All the ones I've played its like this anyhow... also my own machine is like this.

It is an odd looking switch. I thought mine was broken as the ball kept sticking there.Turned out the switch was fine but the ball was magnetised.

#9485 39 days ago

Check that the flippers are gapped correctly and make sure nothing is binding. JJP doesn't always do a great job on small build adjustments. The flippers are plenty strong when set up correctly, even compared to Sterns. Mine are set below stock power levels. I did find I have needed to adjust the mechanicals on my JJP flippers and I have also found that all of my JJP games play better and faster with more play. My WOZ was on location for about 6 months and it played much much better once I got it home again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside