IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chill.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#976 6 years ago

Great video...thanks!

2 weeks later
#1481 6 years ago

Anyone own a Standard Edition? Or has anyone seen a video of one?

I'm curious what the light show looks like compared to the LE. Every video I've seen has been of the LE except for one, but the game is only in attract mode, there isn't any footage of it being played.

I know the Standard is missing the ramp lights and cityscape lights but I'm curious how much it darkens gameplay.

#1483 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This is the video that cemented the LE for me: » YouTube video
Without the ramp lights, the upper left corner of the PF on a standard is so dark during lightshows.

Thanks. That's the one I saw. I agree, the upper left looks quite dark and somewhat incomplete compared to the LE. If only he would have played a ball or two on it so we could see it in action.

#1486 6 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

PinDaddy on Twitch has a SE. He's got a number of gameplay vids but here's a good one with a direct feed of the monitor:
https://go.twitch.tv/videos/176960379

Awesome! Just what I needed.

Thank you for the link.

2 weeks later
#1804 6 years ago

Is there an adjustment for the shaker motor's strength / use?

I don't own the game yet, but am curious how active the shaker can be in the game.

#1808 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Settings - Coils - General. ( extreme at your own risk )
LTG : )

Thank you, Lloyd.

3 weeks later
#2123 6 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang,
I put together a little unboxing / "first play" / discussion video on Dialed In. I know there are plenty of YouTube videos already on DI (mine is DI:LE #132)
Thanks as always.
Chris

Thanks for taking the time to do this, Chris. Love your videos.

#2185 6 years ago

New DI SE owner here with 12/5 build date. Awesome game. No complaints. Only issue so far was left opto fell out of position and its housing. Fixed with hot glue.

Thanks to everyone on the design team for their great work on this.

-Ned

1 month later
#2774 6 years ago

I'm sure the extra lighting is great. Thanks for posting.

For anyone who doesn't have the game, I'll say this...DI has an excellent light show and needs nothing else (to me). I can't remember a better display of color and effects on any of the pins I've owned throughout the years.

Either way, you can't lose with this pin.

#2776 6 years ago

The cab side lighting is cool. Thank you for the video.

I have a Standard and have kind of gotten used to the lightless left ramp, but that corner where the side ramps curls around needs something.

Who knows, maybe I'll get in touch with you about more lighting.

Thanks

#2784 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Spoke to Jack from JJP on the phone yesterday, and I can't begin to tell you how impressed I am by him and the way he runs his company. He was funny and very accommodating. Felt like I was talking to a friend more than some company head. He will no doubt be getting more of my money in the future. I'm very glad that Pinball has companies like JJP and CGC so we aren't stuck with larger shops like Stern that don't seem to understand that the customer satisfaction is quintessential to keeping this hobby going.

Glad things are working out for you.

I had a good experience dealing with Jack when I purchased my IJ4 years ago, talking with him before he started JJP. He was gracious enough to refund my deposit for TH back in 2014 when I needed the money. Fast forward to 2017 and I bought DI and love it. Looking forward to future pins from his group.

#2804 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Joined the club today!
How do I scratch the lottery ticket? I waved at the screen but don't think I'm doing it right.

I just move my head left and right quickly for a few seconds. Works every time.

#2807 6 years ago

Received the full set of Cliffy protectors recently. They are great. The Sim Card one is a nice improvement over the factory protector. I actually made the shot from the upper flipper a couple of times today instead of relying on a lucky bounce. I installed all the rest except the phone scoop. The factory one seems okay for now although I'll swap them out soon. Great product.

1 week later
#2951 6 years ago

I received mine (full set, plus a cool t-shirt) about eight weeks after ordering. I'll wait for a great product. Busy is a good problem, it means he'll keep making them.

#2967 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

*** Standard DI Owners: Do You Covet the "Premium Clear Coated Playfield" on the LE/CE? ***
I'm looking at the features that distinguish the models - Standard, LE, and CE.
Like so many others, I'm hoping to accept the sparseness of the Standard so that I might save some money, etc.
I can live without the Invisiglass, the LED's on the left ramp, and even the powder-coated armor, but the feature that seems essential is the "Premium Clear-Coated Playfield." I assume this feature is simply more coats of polyurethane, or am I mistaken?
To all you Standard owners out there: Do you find your PF lacking in terms of the layer of protection provided by the clear coat? Do you covet the "premium" clear coat on your friend's LE?
Thanks.
Jason

I own a Standard and love it. I'm not sure if my clear coat is inferior to the LE and CE, but it's holding up fine. I added a different shooter rod, three of Mezelmods' mods, and Cliffy protectors. Looks and plays great. The Mezelmods add light to certain areas. I am glad with my decision to get one.

I can always save up and change the armor later, if I want. And it doesn't have to be blue or purple either. Maybe chrome or something wild.

I don't think there's a wrong choice among the models.

Good luck with whatever you decide. My son and I really dig this game.

1 week later
#3081 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptMonkeyPants:

I'm an idiot and can't figure out how one of the Cliffy shooter lane protectors gets installed. Received the set from Cliff a couple of days ago and have all of the protectors installed (they are awesome BTW!) with the exception of the one circled in the photo below. This one goes on the right side side of the shooter lane against the rail. It's got an angle bent into it and a little hook (at the bottom left of the piece in the photo) and I can't seem for the life of me to figure out how it gets positioned. Has anyone installed these on their machine and can describe or show me how it should be positioned? I found an install video online, but of course they only show the piece already installed...

I had trouble figuring this one out too. This is what I did. The protector ends up getting compressed between the outer wood rail and the playfield. One of the screws goes through the hole in the protector. I am pointing to it and you can see the protector in btween the playfield and wood rail. Just line it up with the left side shooter lane protector to keep the ball balanced in the shooter lane. Good luck.

IMG_2043 (resized).JPGIMG_2043 (resized).JPG

IMG_2045 (resized).JPGIMG_2045 (resized).JPG

#3083 6 years ago

Yep. I had to loosen three or four screws under the wood rail to get it to lift up enough so I could slide the protector into place. I also had to remove the auto plunger. Nothing too crazy once you see how it's supposed to go in there.

#3086 6 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

That shooter lane part on the right side isn’t as satisfying to put in as the other pieces. I’m a bit undecided if I like the protector on the skill shot. It seems to stick up in the front. I’ve had one ball get stuck there so far and no amount of nudging or pushing could knock it free.

I hear ya. I removed my skill shot protector after a couple of weeks for that exact reason - too many stuck balls. I figure it's not at high risk for wear anyway.

1 week later
#3204 6 years ago

Speaking of things rolling down the game, I had a stuffed animal propped up on top of the backbox for awhile (just for the heck of it). Yesterday it scared the fuzz out of me when the shaker motor engaged after I locked a ball and the thing rolled / bounced down the glass right at me.

#3214 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m getting my nib Dialed in LE this Sunday!! So excited, I’ve never purchased a nib pin before! I’m like a kid waiting for Christmas!!

Congratulations! Save the box for a fort if you have kids. They'll love it.

1 week later
#3296 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Hey all..Trying to install mirror blades but having an issue with the bolts attaching the back box supports. Is there a proper way to twist or amount of pressure to get them loose?
Also, I cannot get my Bluetooth connected. Anyone have a pic of the dongle and where it is attached so I can see if I ever had it installed?

DI dongle
Hope this helps you.

IMG_2164 (resized).JPGIMG_2164 (resized).JPG

#3398 6 years ago

I ordered Cliffy's and they took about two months to arrive. But they're worth it. Cliff is super busy and it may take some time for him to reply to your email. You'll also have to get in the DI protector queue so it may take some time before he can get to your order. But don't give up.

1 week later
#3455 6 years ago

Right flipper spring fractured about 4mm from the end during normal play today. I removed it and pulled one turn forward to try and re-use it and it fractured 2mm more down. I gotta admit, this spring seems a bit wimpy for a flipper.

Maybe it's the dry heat here in Vegas.

IMG_2214 (resized).JPGIMG_2214 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#3934 5 years ago

I assume in the second photo that your child is recording an unboxing video?

I Love it.

It's a great game. Enjoy!

1 week later
#3982 5 years ago

This just happened while my son was in multiball.

Still lovin' DI.

IMG_2340 (resized).JPGIMG_2340 (resized).JPG

#3988 5 years ago

I just removed the theater magnet mylar using the under-playfield method and it was a breeze. My exacto knife had no trouble cutting at all. It was quicker and smoother than my above-playfield cut to remove the drone magnet mylar (which I did a few months ago - it took me more time and wasn't as clean a cut when I had to manuever the exacto through the small space between that magnet and the playfield).

Thanks to all for the guidance on it.

I was impressed with how heavy the theater magnet was.

#4006 5 years ago

Had mine for five months as my only pin. Keep learning new things in the game - just got a new multiball and a new mode I'd never played tonight. As I get better at the shots, the flow improves to "amazing" status. I've never had a pin with this much cool / weird ball physics. Between the magnet action and the way the shots are set up, the ball spins in strange ways and is truly wild on this game.

Just a great pin by Lawlor, Ted, and everyone on the team.

#4116 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Are people able to make a full left orbit on their machines? I sometimes can, but more often the ball ends up slowing down and going into the pops. Is that normal?

Mine depends on how fast the ball travels up the orbit. You 'll get a feel after awhile of whether it's going all the way around or not.

Wait until you scream one up the right side assuming it will go up the ramp and it comes back down the left side. I've had a couple right orbits / loops to date.

Great game.

#4120 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Does that happen? That’s not by design, right?

No, it's not supposed to happen. Most medium to strong right orbit shots make it up the ramp. One in a hundred shots, the ball will whack into the ramp "divider" where it's supposed to make the turn up the ramp and not make it up the ramp (I think Snaroff and someone else had a fix for this if it happened too often). And once in a thousand or so shots, the ball will magically jump the centimeter up to the platform where the orbits meet in the back and come down the left side.

No game I've ever owned had such crazy ball spin as this game. The magnets and shot geometry and everything make for a truly "the ball is wild" experience.

#4144 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Has anyone bought one of those candy chrome shooter rods for DI? I was looking at the blue one but wasn’t sure how the color matched up to the LE.

I have a butterscotch one.
I'm sure blue or purple would look good too.

IMG_2359 (resized).JPGIMG_2359 (resized).JPG

IMG_2360 (resized).JPGIMG_2360 (resized).JPG

#4156 5 years ago

DI is the best pin I've owned after seventeen years in this hobby.

I really appreciate what it is, especially now that I've played it at home a bunch. I know the team that designed, engineered, and coded it are top notch (Lawlor, Youssi, Estes - all veterans who've cranked out some awesome games over the decades).

To me, the original theme is the best part. Lawlor got to do another of his disaster-themed games and Jersey Jack gave him the freedom to implement so many cool features with both past and present references. It is not a cell phone game. The phone is merely a part of the whole.

Enjoy!

#4175 5 years ago

I am on 1.52

#4220 5 years ago

Your flipper looks like mine. To backhand the scoop on my game, I have to cradle the ball then let the flipper drop all the way and just as it comes to rest I flip back up. Too soon and the ball hits the sling. Interesting the way each game sets up a little differently.

Variables like steepness of playfield, flipper strength, side-to-side leveling, etc., all come into play.

#4229 5 years ago

I took mine out too. Pain in the rear when it got stuck and I figured wear and tear would be minimal without it on.

#4239 5 years ago

Some animations are coming in future code updates, I think. Mine are more like fifty - fifty as far as characters moving while talking. So there may not be a problem.

1 week later
#4466 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hey guys. I ordered an LE today. I’m really late in joining this club but I’m super stoked! Can’t wait to have this in my collection.
Reading 89 pages in this thread will take a while... Would some of you please give me your advice on any recommended/needed protection & any great mods for this awesome game? The only one I know I’ve read about many times is the SIM cliffy. Have some of you installed a topper? Maybe the laseriffic? Your thoughts? I’m assuming picking up a CE topper is a no go.
Thanks in advance

Congrats on ordering a great game.

I would remove the mylar that covers the theater magnet and drone magnet. It's relatively easy to do it from under the playfield if you remove the magnet first then cut the mylar off using the hole as a guide.

Mezelmods.com has some good mods on their website.

Put new balls in the game that are highly polished to replace the originals.

Fiddle with the flipper power and pitch and theater magnet strength until you're happy with the shots.

I'm sure others will chime in with more...

#4539 5 years ago

My new Selfie Mode record = 139. Got it during multiball today. Camera was going crazy.

1 month later
#4814 5 years ago

DI Standard with Robert Stone's powder coat on the armor. Jazzing it up a little bit.

IMG_2598 (resized).JPGIMG_2598 (resized).JPG
#4855 5 years ago

There should be an opto on the right and left sides near the magnet area. Make sure one didn't pop loose. My left opto came out of its housing and I had to hot glue it back in place.

#4890 5 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

I just got a Dialed In Standard. Out of the box I had to adjust the trap door like above, as it was staying open. I also had to fix the left ramp switch before the divertor, as it was not registering every time. Also adjusted the QED guy switch to make it more sensitive. And rotated the BOB sign to make it more visable to the player. Now the game is playing amazing.
I'm not normally a mod type of guy, but think the game could use a few LED/RGB mods to make it look like the LE. I'm considering the pop-bumper tower, to light up that back left corner. I def' want to do the LERmods backbox light. What mods are essential?
While you can adjust a few coils, there are still some changes I would like to make. Amy hoot, like my TNA, I will be streaming this game often. I hope to capture both the phone and quantum theater for the stream. Come hang and get C R A Z Y!
http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

Owl,
Love your TNA streams, they've been awesome!

I have a DI Standard and added the Station 3 mod with new decals and lighting, the mechanic mod where lighting is added behind the sign, the BOB sign lighting mod, and powder coated armor (not the blue like the LE, but a dark purple, and also the pop bumper building mod. Those mods plus your backbox lighting mod should light the game up nicely.

I would like someday to get side blades, but no rush. My glass is super clear and I don't miss the left ramp lights, so I'm happy with it as-is.

Looking forward to the streams. Enjoy the game.

IMG_2632 (resized).JPGIMG_2632 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#5095 5 years ago

Business cards work pretty well.

1 month later
#5400 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Wait, what? Are you saying that I can keep hitting the left ramp repeatedly for these points?

Yes. There is a countdown on the monitor of about five seconds where you can increase each left ramp made by 1,000 points.

#5402 5 years ago

It's the Hurry-Up that you can toggle between inlanes and re-light by hitting both Tic-Ket targets by the theater. Points can add up.

1 week later
#5545 5 years ago

No drone problems here.

1 week later
#5747 5 years ago

You are a good player.
My high score after almost 1,000 plays is 2.6 million.
Most sim cards collected = 3.
Maybe I should carry over the sim card b/w balls? But I like the difficulty.

#5753 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I find it easy to light and hit Big Bang,but not so easy to hit sims.

This is me.

Typical decent game = play 3-4 modes, complete 1 with Big Bang, complete 1 by hitting all shots, crap out on two modes, miss 1 sim card, magically bank off drone area and make 1 sim. Hit another Big Bang on accident with no mode started. 300,000-600,000 points.

Feel shame.

Press Start again.

1 week later
#5940 5 years ago

Ted Estes just posted a link to the beta update, 1.56, on the JJP Google group.

Anyone going to test it out and give feedback?

2 weeks later
#6248 5 years ago

I 've enjoyed DI more than any other pin I've owned since getting into the hobby in 2001. Had mine for almost a year as the only game in the collection. But the time has come for me to sell it so I can buy other games.

New update looks great. Thanks to everyone at JJP for creating such a cool machine.

-Ned

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chill.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=chill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.