IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider check_switch_26.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1300 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

I just did a backup of settings, Will I be able to use it after upgrading from 1.13 to 1.50?

Yes.

#1406 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Thanks guys, so my request for facial recognition to automatically add your name isn't a thing then? at least not yet?

Facial recognition of a person is a pretty big ask. I'm relatively certain Facebook and Apple have huge server farms that handle that for them.

Anyway, we will eventually pre-populate the high score initials from the name in the phone app profile. Everything in due time.

#1407 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Two days in, and I'm loving this game. Best light show I've seen yet!
Couple questions:
2) Sometimes when I start my game, the mechanics hand is up, other times, it's down. I played one game yesterday where the arm was down, and the balls just got stuck there. Ball search did nothing to help. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Check that the mechanism is properly work by using the Statue Diverter Test. (Full Menu->Tests->Device Tests->Statue Diverter)

Pressing ENTER in the test will run the motor. Verify the "Diverter Down" switch activates when the arm is in the down position. Run the motor for a while to make sure the arm isn't catching on anything.

#1474 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

We were playing a 3 player game, she started her ball, and it just started going crazy..

CRAZY!

That's a display issue and not a scoring problem. (Otherwise, she would have had a Grand Champion score of 100M.)

Thanks for the report!

2 weeks later
#1658 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

I just installed 1.50 code. When I turned machine back on it said there’s was a error with trap door. It’s up until I start a game then it closes and works properly. Whenever I power game back on it says there is an error with the trapdoor, yet it functions as it should during gameplay and only shows the error screen on power up. Any ideas?

Test the trap door via Diagnostics: Full Menu->Tests->Device Tests->Trap Door

You will need to pull out the interlock switch that is inside the coin door. Otherwise, the 70V supply to the Trap Door coils is turned off.

Actuate the Trap Door by pressing ENTER. Pay attention to Switch #029, which lets the game know that the Trap Door is open. If that switch is not activating when the Trap Door is raised, that would cause the error report that you are receiving. (The game will still attempt to open and close the Trap Door without the switch working.)

#1663 6 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

mine does this too except with the SIM card. When i turn the game on it says the SIM card door is open. But after i play a game, it is fine.

I presume you mean SIM Card switch. If the game is complaining that the switch is stuck open at power up and then the report goes away after playing, my guess is that you have two opto switches swapped with each other.

Go into Switch Test (Full Menu->Tests->Dedicated Switches) and drop a ball into the SIM Card hole to see which switch(es) is/are activated.

#1685 6 years ago

Chaos in Quantum City is a multiball with a 20-second ball saver. Jackpot value is boosted by the number of modes that were completed prior. It's chaotic and over pretty quickly (at least when I play it). I like it, and so does the rest of the team.

If you aren't interested in trying for the points, let the ball saver time out and drain it down to a single ball. I'm sorry it doesn't scratch whatever particular itch you have. But maybe you should try playing it first before making up your mind.

(And I mean that in the most sincere way. You're obviously very interested in the game, which is very nice.)

3 weeks later
#1986 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I bent the switches back a bit, and now when I boot up my game, I get the notification to press "enter" for error report, but when I do, it just shows a blank page on my screen. No longer shows the switch error, but for some reasons, it's telling me there is an error? Anyone know what that might be?

Update your software to 1.52.

--Ted

1 week later
#2132 6 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang,
I put together a little unboxing / "first play" / discussion video on Dialed In. I know there are plenty of YouTube videos already on DI (mine is DI:LE #132) ... but I just thought I would share:
» YouTube video
Thanks as always.
Chris

Nice video.

- You may have figured this out already: You can use the volume control on the outside of the cabinet. No need to open the coin door.
- The comic book included with the games is slightly different from the one given out at Expo 2016. I'll leave it up to someone else to discover the difference(s).

--Ted

#2172 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_mutha:

Hello! I'm not sure if this is an adjustment or something, but it seems like the voice audio during disasters is very very low, is this normal?
Thanks for any help!

Which voices? The characters on the phone? If those are the only voices that are low, then you may have an issue with your right channel. Those voices are processed to mainly come out the right-hand side, since the phone is on the right of the game.

Go into Sound Test (Diagnostics->Full Menu->Tests->Sound Test), and play the left & right channel test sounds to check things out.
--Ted

#2178 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_mutha:

Ok, I did a sound test and nothing was coming out the right speaker, I opened the back panel and wiggled the right RCA connector and it came back on, so it was just a bad connection.
Thanks for the help!

Glad to help. Even more glad you can get back to enjoying your game.
--Ted

#2184 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Hey guys, this may be a dumb question- I recently updated to 1.52 and I can’t seem to locate the setting to change the magnets strength in menu settings.
Where in the menu is this located? I would like to change them to medium strength.
Also, like others have experienced, since I upgraded to 1.52, my theatre magnet is definitely tougher to get dialed in. At -90, I had it perfectly tossing the ball up into the upper right corner to the upper flipper, now it’s been less predictable. I think it’s just going to take more tinkering in theatre magnet settings.

Diagnostics->Full Menu->Settings->Game Settings

Look beneath UNDER ATTACK MULTIBALL for "Multiball Magnet Behavior". Note that is affects the magnets during regular multiball only. The settings behave as follows:

setting MB1 MB2 MB3 MB4+
EASY: off/soft soft soft/hard hard
MED: soft soft/hard hard hard
DIFF: hard hard hard hard

So, for example, on EASY, the magnets are OFF at the start of the first multiball, then start pulsing softly. For second multiball, the magnets pulse softly the entire time. For third multiball, they start off soft and switch to harder pulses. And for fourth multiball, the magnets pulse hard the entire time.

As far as adjusting the theater magnet, that code should not have changed in 1.52.

--Ted

#2193 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

The mode start animations not playing properly on the phone needs fixing. Previous posts in this thread have suggested not all animations are in there yet and there's more to come but I'm pretty sure I've seen them all run properly, seems it's just 50/50 whether they load and run or just display a static image.
Do the mode start animations run 100% of the time for anyone?

A bunch of the phone call voice clips do not have animations. When we have time to create the animations, they will be put in.
--Ted

#2234 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Anyone else having or had issues with the ball lock? Mine has been good for months and now when there is one locked ball in and a second ball is shot up there when it tries to release a ball it doesn't work. Looks like the arm isn't going up enough or maybe the back end is now lower and gets stuck on the second ball? Ball search does nothing and restarting the game will launch out one ball but not the second. Is taking the top of the station off to see the mech just the four screws on top? Also strange that after doing a ball search for a few minutes it ended the ball and went to the next but didn't put a ball in the shooter lane. Could be normal but the first game I've seen do this.

Based on your description, it sounds like there is a problem with one or more switches in the lockup. Check it out in Switch Test.

The four screws on top of the Train Station will allow you to remove the building's "skin" and more easily diagnose what is happening. It might be a simple as one of the optos has come loose.

--Ted

#2263 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Default on B/W is on (might be set to "SLOW" meaning you have to hold start for a bit), so it should work unless the settings were changed.

Quoted from snaroff:

I've owned B/W pins for years and never knew about this feature. Does it have to be enabled like for DI? I'd check mine, but the herd is in another location...
snaroff

Bally/Williams games originally had no setting control this. On Ball 2 and later, hitting START would restart a game. In mid-1992, an adjustment was added to control the behavior. It had three settings: "NEVER", "SLOW", and "INSTANTLY". Default was "SLOW".

#2283 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

This is maybe a question for check_switch_26 -- what is it that "unlocks" disaster apps to be available on the phone?

It's pretty simple, actually. Play disaster modes to enable the other ones. The modes are in tiers, but shuffled around a bit randomly each game. The idea is that some of the modes are more likely to happen only when you are deeper in, and having a "good" game. Also, we wanted some of the foreground damage in the city to be more likely to happen before the background damage so that you can actually see it.
--Ted

#2311 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I didn't see anyone else reply to this one. The October 2016 in the price badge and the Expo 2016 badge on the one handed out at Expo. Is there a prize?
I'm kind of interested that the comic is numbered as #1. Will there be more comics?

No prize, but there's one more difference. While it would be fun to create another comic, and I even have a rough outline of what it would contain, there won't be another.
--Ted

2 months later
#3187 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Can someone give me a quick tutorial on how the skill shot bonuses work? Big points is obvious. But was does "holding spider value x" or "Bonus X" do?

To understand what the "Hold Spider/Drone/Transit/Kilowatt" awards do, you first need to understand the underlying 'bucket' rules. Let's use Spider as an example; the others work similarly:

There are two score items associated with each bucket rule. For Spider:
'spider theater value' <- reset to base value at ball start, unless held
'spider bonus bucket' <- reset to base value at ball start, unless held; added to score during Bonus Count

Plus a counter:
'spider collect count' <- reset to zero at ball start

Action when Spider is hit:
- score some fixed points
- increase 'spider theater value'
- light Theater for timed shot

Action when Theater is shot when lit for Spider collect:
- score some fixed points
- add 'spider theater value' to 'spider bonus bucket'
- kill Spider collect
- increment 'spider collect count'
- if ('spider collect count' >= threshold) then light Theater for Spider Spinner, and reset 'spider collect count'

Action when Theater is shot when lit for Spider Spinner
- score some fixed points (larger than amount for Spider collect)
- add 'spider theater value' to 'spider bonus bucket'
- Spider Spinner stays lit until timing out

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In relation to the above, Skill Shot works like this for the "bucket" (Spider/Drone/Transit/Kilowatt) rules:

Hit Skill Shot kicker when lit for 'Hold Spider':
- score some increasing points
- set Spider 'hold' flag ('spider theater value' and 'spider bonus bucket' will not reset on next ball)
- set timer for Super Skill Shot

Hit LOCK ramp or SIM Card during while Super Skill Shot timer active:
- score some points (ramp awards more)

Hold Bonus X works as follows:

Skill Shot
- score some increasing points
- hold Bonus X over to next ball

Super Skill Shot
- score some points (ramp awards more)
- increase Bonus X

Big Points is pretty obvious, and the value is shown on the screen for Skill Shot / Super Skill Shot.

Note that more than one item can be held by getting Skill Shot after locking a ball, or by getting a Hold award from Drone Mystery. Also, there is a Drone Mystery award that will keep any held items lit for the next ball ("hold the holds").

--Ted

#3188 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

EXCEPT when you are playing Chaos in Quantum City. I HATE the fact that you can't [collect] SIM cards during this mode.

The team agrees with you. This behavior has been changed, and will be in the next release.
--Ted

#3190 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Is it possible to [light] more than 1 SIM card while playing a "Quick" Multi-ball?

Not during a single session. You can light SIM Card again with a subsequent play of the same QMB, but it requires more shots for each one.
--Ted

#3195 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

He did the code for the game, bro

I didn't do all of it. I had lots of help. In fact, I wrote none of the Skill Shot, "bucket" rules, or Bonus stuff. I had to go look at the code to make sure I got the details correct.
--Ted

3 weeks later
#3449 6 years ago

Onslaught was the working name for what became Chaos in Quantum City.
--Ted

1 week later
#3533 6 years ago
Quoted from skondris:

So, I've tried to skim through this thread, but I didn't see this mentioned, forgive me if this is an old issue already talked through that I'm resurrecting, but, ever since the 1.52 update (I just did this last week), none of the GI LEDs are working on my DILE. :/
I've traced connections and checked them all, but still no joy.
any ideas on what I can try next?

A software update would not trigger this problem. Check the circuit board circled in the photo below. Make sure the power connector (white with black/red/purple wires) is firmly seated. Same thing with the data connector (RJ-45 black cable).

--Ted

di_bagboard (resized).pngdi_bagboard (resized).png

#3535 6 years ago
Quoted from skondris:

I checked that board and all of it's connectors, all were seated good, I removed and reseated them all, still nothing.
which fuse is connected to these that I should check?

If the rest of the lamps are working, it's not a fuse problem. You'll note that the lamp board right above that one uses the same power feed.

Are the green LEDs on the board lit?

1 week later
#3737 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Is there any benefit when getting to Armageddon in completing the modes, or do you just need to start them?

Completed disaster modes boosts Armageddon jackpot scores. Chaos MB jackpot scores also factor in the number of completed modes.

So, you can sandbag your way through to Armageddon, but you won't get much of a payback scoring-wise.
--Ted

#3769 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Is there any penalty for using Big Bang to complete modes vs. completing all the shots?

I wouldn't call it a "penalty", but the SIM Card multiplier only applies to the shots made. Using Big Bang scores the un-made shots without multiplier.
--Ted

#3781 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I worry they will never get into the story and will instead move to the other games. I wish there were some way (maybe there is) to ensure that the Selfie mode always came up on 'trip' to Bob's as this tends to suck people into the game.

Inside secret: On multi-player games, Selfie Mode is much more likely to happen.
--Ted

#3794 5 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Fun fact, selfie mode was a primary influencer in getting me to eat better and exercise more. Not kidding

selfie_ticker (resized).pngselfie_ticker (resized).png

1 month later
#4575 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

While were on the subject of QED guy,what do his initials stand for ? Quantum Electric Dude?

Yes.

Quoted from KingBW:

From the math world:
Q.E.D. "Q.E.D." (sometimes written "QED") is an abbreviation for the Latin phrase "quod erat demonstrandum" ("that which was to be demonstrated"), a notation which is often placed at the end of a mathematical proof to indicate its completion. Several symbols are occasionally used as synonyms for Q.E.D.

And yes. (Although I always prefer my incorrect translation from back in high school: "Quite Easily Done".)

--Ted

#4613 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

There is absolutely nothing special that happens when you beat Showdown. It’s almost a complete letdown. Hoping that JJP puts something special in there.

The choreography for Showdown hasn't been completed yet. You do get victory laps for defeating the Top Evil Dude, but most of the feedback is missing at this point. We'll get to finishing that up eventually.

--Ted

2 weeks later
#4728 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Thank you for the pictures! Everything looks correct to me.
I might have to give ltg (The Professor ) a call when he opens up at noon for further troubleshooting.

What does the switch matrix look like in test?

With 5 balls in the trough, it should look like this:
di_matrix1 (resized).jpgdi_matrix1 (resized).jpg

With 4 balls in the trough, it should look like this:
di_matrix2 (resized).jpgdi_matrix2 (resized).jpg

--Ted

#4730 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

check_switch_26
Hi Ted,
Thank you for chiming in.
Five balls are in the trough. All five matrices are green. However, I kept the machine on the matrix screen and the "5-Ball Trough Jam" matrix switches between green and yellow.
Would that have anything to do with the balls auto-firing into the game? I tried another game it will shoot two, three, four or all five balls into the game.

If the trough jam switch goes green, the game will think a ball is stacked on top of another, then fire the coil to clear the problem.

Try taking all the balls out and looking at the matrix again. I suspect you will see all of the switches toggling between green and yellow. Most likely cause is a loose connection. Check the power supply (red & black wires) connectors on both circuit boards. Also check where that small harness connects to the main harness. Try wiggling the switch matrix connector (7 white wires & 1 green wire) and see if the switches toggle in test.

--Ted

1 month later
#5148 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Personally, I'd like to see something change with the first multiball. It's too easy and blocks starting a mode when lit. I understand it's probably there to give new players a taste of the fun and features offered by the game without progressing too far, but I kind of dread it.

If you own the game, I suggest you change the setting for "BOB Ball Lock" to 0. Or you can install the DIRECTOR'S CUT Preset.
--Ted

settings (resized).jpgsettings (resized).jpgpreset (resized).jpgpreset (resized).jpg

#5149 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Ok, I haven’t read this thread, so please don’t stone me if the answer is hidden in here someplace.
I just picked up a DILE and can’t get the backbox open. I’m positive it’s the right key. The key fits and turns a little, but I don’t want to turn it too hard being afraid to break something. Any tricks to get this thing open?

I like the suggestion that someone had of pushing up on the top lip of the backbox while turning the key.
--Ted

2 weeks later
#5263 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I seem to have a problem with Monkey Wrench Multiball. When playing I am passing the diverter and it is not registering as a successful pass. I have tested the three switches with the ball independently (up the ramp, just before Betty and just after Betty) it is recognising attempts but not successful passes. I have tested them in the multiball and outside it with same results, all register a score. Any ideas.

Best guess: The "before" and "after" switches are reversed.
--Ted

#5299 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I'm really hoping they actually implement the Pepper's Ghost effect at the Theater properly. What should be a really need effect where you appear to 'hit' the item on the screen is ruined by the fact that the backlight on the playfield is left off during screen effects. No idea why they did it this way. If you go into Operator Settings, the JJP logo will appear on the Theater with the proper Pepper's Ghost effect, if you're not sure of the difference.

Believe me, if the lighting could be used to that effect, we would have used it as described. Unfortunately, it just looks bad to have the lane light on while there's something on the screen.
--Ted

4 weeks later
#5537 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My wife and I both played a Shadow for the first time a couple of weeks ago and couldn't get over how much better the Shadow throws the ball backwards over Dialed In. The Shadow does it flawlessly. (at least the one we played)

Shadow's magnet area was carefully designed to make the ball throwing behavior consistent. Dialed In's magnet was not intended for ball tossing, and there are significant physical differences between Shadow and Dialed In.

I implemented the ball tossing in Dialed In as an experiment, and had planned to remove it before the game was released, but it slipped my mind. So, it is what it is. Owners can turn it off if they want.

(I'm pretty familiar with Shadow's ball tossing, by the way: https://patents.google.com/patent/US5494286)

--Edward "Ted" Estes

#5552 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Tweaked the magnet settings for the new balls. I set the value to -102 and the magnet toss works perfectly now. It needed a little more oomph to get the non-magnetized ball back around the orbit. All is good! Plus, it mitigates SDTM drains from the Theater and is a good way to feed the upper flipper at times. Please dont remove it Ted!

Oh, things are way past the point of being able to remove that functionality.
--Ted

#5556 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I love the theater magnet too. My only slightly quibble is that it would be great to get the theater modes to behave more like the physical devices they are replicating. For example, don't have the bash toy catch the ball for so long. Same with the drop targets. Again, just a slight quibble . . .

The "hold" time is there to increase the chance of the ball bouncing off the back of QED and avoid a drain. It has been further refined in the next release. (Life is full of compromises.)

--Ted

1 week later
#5673 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

No, I don't. There's still some non-rendered images in place of animations on the backbox LCD. Crazy Bob during the game start is one example.

Clarification: Your observation relates to what was shared in the stream a week ago. The code in games at the JJP booth at Pinball Expo is newer than what was shared on the stream. No static images. All of the phone character animations are in.

I don't have a firm release date yet. I'm aiming to have new code posted early next week. I'm still waiting on a few items.
--Ted

1 week later
#6001 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Been trying to update but my screen has stayed blank for about 20 mins...any suggestions?
Update: After a over an hour, screen was still black so I shut the game down, removed the usb stick, and restarted. Seems like the update installed as it says V1.56. Did others experience this? Did it not install correctly and should I retry?

If it says V1.56, then you're good to go.
--Ted

#6045 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I haven’t updated to the new code yet but should there be anything on the theater screen in attract more? My phone stays on the disaster/app screen and maybe the cursor moves around but the theater is blank/ no display.

There are six animations that are displayed on the theater during attract made. One is shown every 60 seconds.
--Ted

#6048 5 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Glad you mentioned this. Shouldn't the nice animation that displays on the theater when you're in the operator menu be one of those that shows up in attract mode?

Yeah, that one shows up, but it's the last one on the list. They are shown in order.

(And now that I've just double-checked that, I see that there are SEVEN animations. The JJP logo that you mentioned is the seventh. However, the starting point in the list is randomized each time.)

--Ted

#6084 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just got Chaos in Quantum City for the first time since updating. Man, that has changed!! I think I earned 2 SIM cards during that mode. Is that possible? That is definitely new. I like the variety of how to earn SIM cards now; not just all about the modes. Great balancing in every aspect going on. Had a killer game, and hit a rickety shot to the theater, and .. SDTM.

You can collect SIM Cards during Chaos in Quantum City, but they have to be lit before starting the mode. No new methods to light SIM Card have been added to the code.
--Ted

1 week later
#6247 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Assuming you are using the backbox key.
Remove the speaker panel. Trim the 5 or 6 wood supports right behind the top area of the backglass. There is a notch at the bottom of each needs to go in deeper.
End of problem.
LTG : )

I have found that pushing up on the top lip of the backbox while turning the key works in most cases to get it unlocked and the glass out.

After that, one can do the trimming as suggested, or just live with having to push up the lip each time.
--Ted

1 week later
#6388 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pretty much - I think there are a couple additional sketches not seen in the game, but the comic has sort of a partly-finished look to it (because you continue the story in the game, I guess), and not all of the images are seen in the game.

Aside from the covers (outer and inner), the entire comic is shown in attract mode.

And, yes, you continue the story by playing the game.
--Ted

DI_press_start (resized).jpgDI_press_start (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6449 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Been playing my DI for two weeks now and have some questions / remarks..
1/ what's the use of the upper playfield ? there are no switches on it, ok you can nudge it and use 'skill' to get the ball into the popbumpers but that's it.. looks like quite a big assembly with limited use. I'm thinking of just removing the upper playfield and have the pinball drop always into the popbumpers. Any thoughts ?
2/ Shouldn't timers stop when the pinball is locked somewhere ? When a hurryup is running at the quantum theatre but you shoot something else (phone scoop or lock a ball) then it'll show animations and keep the ball, meanwhile the hurryup keeps counts down and is timed out when a new pinball is released.
OK I get it, I chose not to shoot the hurryup and something else instead.. but still, watching it time out while I can't cancel animations at all and have to wait doesn't seem really fair ?
Btw any way to cancel the lock animation ? This game has soo much smooth flow, but when you lock a ball it needs to finish the animations, run the shaker, and only then put a new pinball in the shooter lane. This really stops the flow, the delay takes much too long imo..
3/ Does anyone have experience with pindemption and DI ?
I notice in the settings there are greyed out settings about setting it to a timed game.
Is pindemption just the same rules but on limited time ? Flippers are disabled when the fixed time runs out ?
Or is it more like Safecracker - a timed game but giving you the option to gain more time as you play well ?
Or even like the SC magic token game - totally different rules ?

1) It's also possible to nudge the game to get the ball to drop off the top of the plastic, thus setting up a feed to the upper flipper. Admittedly, you have to be pretty quick on the reflexes to influence the ball when it drops onto that area. With a steeply pitched game, there is even less time to react.
2) Most timers do stop when the ball is being held. The Hurry-Up rule is different, though. Think of it as "Hurry up and make the shot!' and not "Go ahead and make some other shot and then maybe decide to make the hurry-up shot later."
It takes two presses of both flippers to cancel the Lock animation.
3) Pindemption option is not available for Dialed In.

--Ted

1 week later
#6611 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

One question: Is the "trough jam" diagnostic based on heuristics based on the ball falling back?

I'm not sure if you're asking about the color of the Trough Jam switch box. The boxes show the state of the switches in real time. Trough Jam is mustard yellow, indicating that it's an opto that is not blocked. The colors match the colors in the Switch Test.

--Ted

#6620 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hi Ted, so it sounds like my screen shot is "normal"? (i.e. doesn't reflect any real time trough error). It's different from the manual (v1.0, June 2017, B -16), where it displays the "Trough jam" box as empty (i.e. no color). Probably just an inconsistency between the latest software and the manual (whose screen shot says v1.12
If the switches are behaving correctly (and I believe they are, since the game is playing fine), then my wonky ball serves just need to be fine-tuned based on the link LTG provided above...
Thanks for your help!
snaroff

Yes, the software changes faster than the documentation does. Also, we're not always so good about letting Butch know when we change stuff, so he's usually playing "catch up".

Note that you can remove balls from the trough in Trough Test, by pressing ENTER. (Be sure that the coin door interlock switch is pulled OUT, so that the trough coil has power.) Unfortunately, the kick strength in Trough Test is not controlled by the Trough VUK Strength setting, so Trough Test is mainly useful for testing the switches. When I get time, I'll enhance the test to use the strength setting, and also allow changing it from that screen.
--Ted

#6627 5 years ago

I apologize for how long this took to diagnose, but it's been a quite an exploration.

If you have V1.60 installed on your Dialed In!, please try this delta update for V1.61.  This should fix the screen performance issues.

Thanks!

--Ted

Link:  https://we.tl/t-nqWcAB0bQC

==============================================================================
==                               Version 1.61         December 21, 2018     ==
- NOTE: This is a "delta" upgrade, which must be installed over V1.60
=== Core Code
* Performance improvements

#6640 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm a hawk with these things and I don't see any issues on 1.6..... Might be specific machines only?

I'm at a loss to explain it, which is why I asked for additional info. Joe and I tested on three machines before releasing the update, and several others (such as yourself) have reported that the latest code is working well.

(Edited to add: The 3 games Joe and I have access to are a mix of prototypes and production games, so they should be representative of what's in the field. Also, there were no changes in motherboard or aux display card during the production run.)

--Ted

#6646 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

1.61 is out? Can someone post a link so I can see if this helps?

It's a "beta" release for now. Must have 1.60 installed before applying 1.61.

Link: https://we.tl/t-nqWcAB0bQC

== Version 1.61 December 22, 2018 ==

=== Core Code

#6650 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

After a time, the video lags behind the audio and there are pauses moving from one scene or event to the next, like the game cant process or compute fast enough to keep up with what's going on.

How long is "a time"? How many games played? Or does it happen while sitting there not being played?

I have yet to see any pauses or stutters. I did see (and measure) some slowdown in rendering, but I had to compare side-by-side to convince myself that there was a difference by eye.

--Ted

#6671 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

How well did you do in the 6 modes that qualified CIQC? I believe I read that scoring is proportional to your success in the modes that led to CIQC.

I was about to ask the same question. The jackpot value for Chaos in Quantum City is based on the number of shots made in the preceding modes, plus a kicker for completing a mode (without using Big Bang).

Of course, one actually has to make the jackpot shots (left and right ramps, plus side ramp for double jackpot) as well!
--Ted

#6672 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok...I went ahead and disconnected this light. After relooking at it...it honestly serves no purpose and its actually quite a detraction from the game.
1. It lights up no PF area. There are metal sheets on both sides of it, and the area its "illuminating" is what I would call...backstage area that you really shouldn't see.
2. It shines right in your eyes
3. Its like the only nonrgb light on the PF besides the slings/outlanes. So when the PF is doing a nice light show its always on and a detraction.
It was a simple non-permanent disconnect.

Have you installed V1.61 software and checked out the brightness on that lamp? I put in a change to dim the Spider GI, except when used in lamp effects. (I am a bit fond of the "left loop enter" effect myself.)

Also, note that the ball guides have cutouts on the bottom, so that lamp does provide some light to the left loop and left ramp.
--Ted

#6675 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I don't see 1.61 on the JJP website. I'm not having issues with 1.6, but was going to install the delta upgrade anyway to help test...
snaroff

It's a "beta" release for now. Must have 1.60 installed before applying 1.61.

Link: https://we.tl/t-nqWcAB0bQC

== Version 1.61 December 21, 2018 ==
=== Core Code

Quoted from DeathHimself:

Most likely a 1.62 delta is going to drop I assume

V1.61 is fresh off the press. Nothing further planned at this point.
--Ted

#6681 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

check_switch_26 here is the info you requested

How long did you play before the phone display started to lay like that?
--Ted

#6684 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mine does the same thing, it’s very lagged.

Quoted from FatPanda:

It wasn't long at all. I think I flipped a few times before a took the ball by hand to qualify and start the mode.

I appreciate everyone's assistance in getting to the root of this. Could one of you disconnect the USB cable going to the LED controller board on the playfield? I have a wild hunch. Let me know if the lag continues without the LEDs running.

Thanks.
--Ted

#6696 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

about the lag : it's much less on mine !!!
than not perfect as it was on 1.57, but not so buggy as FatPanda video...
nothing logical in fact !?

Try unplugging the Bluetooth dongle. I have confirmation from Lermods that the problem went away with the dongle unplugged.
--Ted

3 weeks later
#6985 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

How could a coil strength be measured with a time value?

The time value is the interval length of the pulse that the coil is fired. For shorter pulses, the coil will turn off before the plunger has reached full travel position.

And to confirm your observation - the slings are slightly weaker at max setting, starting with version 1.55.
--Ted

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider check_switch_26.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=check_switch_26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.