IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brucipher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#335 6 years ago

Future owner here (as soon as my distributor gets stock)!! Very excited to get this game.

Quick question - does the right orbit always go to the ramp, or is there a diverter that sometimes sends the ball the whole way around? I've watched some videos of the game and it appears it is always the ramp, but I am just curious....

2 weeks later
#394 6 years ago

I am supposed to receive my Dialed In end of this month/early next month...anyone know if they newest builds have protectors at both the SIM hole and phone scoop, or just the SIM hole?

2 weeks later
#576 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How limited is LE? Or is it even? Out of ?

They said 2500... So it isn't very "limited".

1 week later
#658 6 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Are Dialed In Cliffy protectors available at any of the usual pinball supply shops? I emailed Cliff to order one from him directly but haven't heard back

You can get free protectors from JJP - just go to their website - http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

They are just their version...not Cliffy's.

#662 6 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Thanks! Problem is I don't have my game yet - expecting an "it shipped!" email any time now... Since I don't know if my game will come with the JJP ones or not, I'm hoping to get the Cliffy ones ahead of time so I'm not stuck without anything when the game comes. Seems inappropriate to ask JJP for them before I even have the game.

I'd assume if yours is just being built it will have both protectors. The collectors edition games which shipped a couple weeks ago had both. It would be odd if they didn't put them on the newly built games by default.

Now, if you are buying a machine built before the collectors editions that's another story.

#664 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Did you place your order? If not I would...his protectors are 10X the one's JJP provides....

Have you played with both protectors? What are you basing that on?

My game is on the line now, so I'm assuming it will come preinstalled with both protectors. I love cliffy, have many of his protectors, but I'm willing to give JJPs a shot.

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

2. Two, as stated elsewhere: Armageddon, reached by playing (not necessarily finishing) all disasters, and Showdown, reached by collecting 8 SIM cards (not necessarily all disasters, although getting 8 of the first 13 finished and SIM'd is a mean feat). Both are difficult but absolutely achievable.

If I am not mistaken, there are a couple other ways to earn/collect SIM cards outside of completing disasters. I saw them when I was looking through the settings in the DI manual, but I forget what they are now.

#754 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Big banh is It by hitting side targerts with upper flipper.

I've heard of this target as referred to as the "Cousin It" target, since it is in about the same place as the Cousin It target on Addams Family.

Are either of the wizards modes multiball modes, or are they single ball modes?

#765 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

How tough is the install for the two scoops?

If you buy one of the more recently produced games, they come with two scoop protectors installed at the factory. Granted, they are JJP protectors and not Cliffy protectors.

#774 6 years ago

Got quiet in here...lol.

#779 6 years ago

From JJP's Facebook page!!

Attention Dialed In! Owners - NEW CODE is coming VERY soon!! Check out whats new!
Legend: +Addition * Change/bugfix - Note

Version 1.45 October 11, 2017

Game Code
+ Added "rough cut" of Chaos in Quantum City wizard mode (available after six
Disaster Modes)
+ Added support for Collectors Edition topper lamp
* Turned off extra ball score award setting
* Added delay to opening trap door when left loop is made
* Fixed SIM Card carryover setting
* Fixed logic for marking moving target bad when it fails to initialize

==============================================================================
== Version 1.40 September 18, 2017 ==

- KNOWN ISSUES:
High Score photo will crash game if face not detected.
High Score photo does not work correctly with multi-player games.
(Photo of wrong player is displayed/saved for players 2-4.)

- IMPORTANT: The smartphone app has been updated to work with this release.
Previous versions of the phone app will not work with this or later
releases of of game software.

=== Game Code
+ Added option to take player photos for High Score
* Improved operation of camera when unplugging/re-plugging
* Major re-work of Bluetooth connectivity code
* Fixed Left Orbit/Trap Door scoring interaction
+ Added some display, lamp, and sound/music effects
* Balanced and/or re-worked scoring in lots of areas
+ Added Grouped LED Test
* Showdown can now be played more than once in the same game
+ Added a Phone "overcharge" rule
* Changed some display effects to disallow short-circuiting via flippers
+ Added Enter Initials for Armageddon, High Voltage, Monkey Wrench, Drones Gone
Wild, and Combo champs
* Fixed Combo shot logic
* Moved Light Extra Ball to 35th Combo
* Implemented competition mode for some normally random things
+ Added adjustment to always show mode timers on main display (defaults to
MB only)

=== Core Code

* Fixed a drain/tilt condition that could cause a game to hang
* Suppress knocker when Match is skipped via start button (on free play only)

#785 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Code is testing here at expo - ted said in about two weeks I think

Two weeks? That's not "VERY soon" in my book, but that's okay. I don't even get my game until this Monday

Always appreciate code communication!

#814 6 years ago

My DILE comes today!! Super excited...

#816 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm hoping to pick up alien today. Nothing like getting a new pin

Agreed! Have NIB Aliens started to arrive, or are you buying a used one?

#818 6 years ago

So - what is the magnet by the drones used for? In the 20 or so games I've played on the machine, I don't think I've seen it do much. Does it stop and catch the ball at some point?

#838 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Hmm I did some glass off testing and I do not get a catch on that magnet. I get all the lights to come on.

I've seen my machine catch the ball at the drones several times now.

#873 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

This game is just kicking my butt tonight! One more game, then one more game, then one more game repeat lol!

It has been kicking my ass since I got it. I don't know why, but I thought I would be better. My games don't last very long, and I think I've made it through 4 disasters, max.

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

damn that code cant come fast enough. Hope it doesn't take the rumored two weeks.

My guess is the code is ready, and they are waiting for the app updates to be approved by Apple and Google. Just a guess.

#896 6 years ago

Finally just had a good game and broke a million (1.44 million). Feels so good when you are in the zone hitting shot after shot! Man I'm loving this game!

#933 6 years ago

Can't... Stop... Playing...

20171017_202829 (resized).jpg20171017_202829 (resized).jpg

#935 6 years ago

Ok... So I have a couple questions:

At the start of some balls the quantum mechanic puts the wrench down (ramp diverter) and there is a gong sound (before you launch your ball). What's the deal with that?

Where does the spider fit into the story of the machine? It seems really random compared to all the other elements in the machine.

Thanks!

#1107 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Finally got to join the club yesterday. Mixed feelings on this. Love the pin, absolutely love the pin. But out of box, some issues. Split cab, damage to the decals on the head and coin door. My distributor is going to contact JJP today to determine the way ahead.

I am sure JJP will make it right. Sounds like they usually do right by their customers.

#1244 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I should clarify; I’m ok with an extra multiball - especially with how well coded DI mb’s Are. It’s just the placement of CIQC seems like a bad choice. Everytime you play the game, you’re 6th disaster will always be this multiball. But I’ll still reserve right for full judgement for when I play it; like I’ve said before, the game is phenomenal and on my radar, I’m just a little turned off by the placement of the mode.

As someone with several hundred plays who has maybe made it through 6 disasters maximum in all my games, I welcome this halfway point multiball (but I get where you are coming from...I am clearly not as good of a player).

#1271 6 years ago

Per the JJP google group, code 1.50 should be available today pending final testing! Woo hoo!

#1275 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

That's great news!
Do have the link to the software updates for JJP? How different/difficult is it compared to a Stern update?
Thanks.

Once the update is available, it will be at the following page. There are two update methods (Full Install and Delta Updates) - instructions for each type can also be found at the link below. I think this update will just be a delta update (but not sure). It is usually very easy I think (put it on a USB drive, plug it in, and choose the update option from the menus).

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

#1277 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Can someone explain the difference between the delta install and the full?

I don't think this will do it justice (and not sure why the different methods are always needed), but a full install does just that - it completely re-installs everything, while a delta install just installs/updates bits and pieces and not everything. I am sure someone else could possibly explain it better than me .

#1319 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

1.50 is a full install.

Lol...that's what I get for guessing it would be a delta. I should just shut up, hehe.

Thanks LTG!

#1357 6 years ago

Got to Chaos in Quantum City last night...insane! Super fun light show, but for me there was absolutely no skill involved with the mode. It was keep the balls alive while trying to see them. I am guessing some people will hate the mode, but honestly I kind of loved it. It indeed was Chaos!

#1362 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Only major gripe is when you go down to 1 ball from multiball, it takes a couple of seconds for it to recognise this, in which time it can start the flipper flutter, causing you to lose the last remaining ball anyway

I am thinking this might be by design. I've consistently found that if I drain down to one ball during multiball, and an attack had already started, that the attack doesn't end due to the multiball being over.

#1477 6 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

To everyone who has the game with JJP protectors installed: GET THE CLIFFY'S. This afternoon I took the JJP protectors out and installed the Cliffy ones - they are SO much thinner and play better, especially for the SIM shot. On my game at least the SIM shot was un-makable with the JJP protector except from a random bounce-in - a direct shot would ALWAYS get deflected away by the protector.
Top score before today, a few hundred games in since I got the game a couple weeks ago: 750k
Top score today, about 5 or so games after installing the Cliffy's: 2.9M. Collected 4 sim cards, boom!

Appreciate the recommendation. In 100+ games I've probably hit that SIM card shot from the upper flipper twice. I just ordered the Cliffy's.

1 week later
#1593 6 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang,
So ... has anyone made the SIM CARD shot from the upper flipper? And, I don't mean "banking it" off a target or having it accidentally dribble-in after a tough shot (where your brain processes it as IF you made the shot but you really didn't). I mean a SMACK KERCHUNK shot right into the hole right off the flipper?
I haven't made it once! And, I've literally tried numerous times specifically over the last couple of games! My SIM protector isn't raised-up and sits flush. I can hit that left ramp smooth as butter and the "Big Bang" light-up target underneath all day long. But, never ONCE have I made it into the SIM CARD shot (I realize it's supposed to be difficult but, shouldn't a shot actually go in there once in a while or is that how it was designed?).
Thanks all!
Chris

I've only made it once or twice in over 100 games. I have the stock JJP hole protectors on my machine, and from other reports was told this protector makes the shot much more difficult. I just ordered the Cliffy in hopes that it makes the shot possible.

1 month later
#2162 6 years ago

For about the last week I've been having a bit of an issue with my phone screen. It started since updating to 1.52, but I don't know if that is just a coincidence. I think I saw this discussed somewhere before, but I couldn't find the thread.

Occasionally my phone screen looks washed out - like the brightness or contrast or something is cranked up too high. Sometimes a reboot of the machine fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. Once, I opened the backbox while the game was on, removed the VGA connected, and reconnected and that fixed it (obviously I don't want to have to do this all the time). I also notice that when the game is booting up and I see the "Auto config" screen on the phone screen, that always looks fine, but it still sometimes has the washed out/messed up coloration look when the boot is finished.

Any thoughts/ideas? Do I need to contact JJP on this one?

Thanks!

#2166 6 years ago

Thanks everyone. I just sent a support ticket in to JJP.

#2222 6 years ago

I must not be very good either. I've had the game since mid October with hundreds of plays, and my best score is about 1.3 million. Maybe it's time to turn SIM memory on. I think my machine plays pretty brutal.

2 weeks later
#2437 6 years ago

I now have about 300 plays on my DILE (so 900+ balls), and I've maybe hit the SIM shot intentionally from the upper flipper 3-4 times. It is insanely hard. I've had both the factory protector and Cliffy on the SIM hole, and I haven't seem any difference. I also changed the rubbers on the two posts near the SIM shot to smaller rubbers with no change in ability to hit it directly from the upper flipper.

I understand and agree that it should be a tough shot, but in my opinion it's tougher than it should be. If you figure on average I've attempted the shot from the upper flipper once per ball (which I would say is fair), that means I am able to hit it once every 300 attempts (or 0.4% of the time). That's just not right.

I absolutely adore this game, but the SIM card shot is my only gripe...

#2492 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

15 SIM card collections in 45 games. I seem to be able to hit it alright from straight shot or bank. Could it be easier? Sure. But it’s drfinitely doable.
I’d say about 20 of those games I didn’t complete a mode at all.

I'd love to see someone take some video of feeding themselves the ball to the upper flipper over and over again and making the SIM shot (not singling you out here, just a call out to anyone who says they can make the SIM shot from the upper flipper).

Could there be slight variances to the placement of the posts, or something else that causes some machines to make it insanely hard to hit it?

3 weeks later
#2911 6 years ago

Glad that JJP is now using real Cliffys, but annoyed that I paid for a set of them out of pocket.

3 weeks later
#3138 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Anyone have a foolproof way to get service from JJP? My sound started randomly cutting out a few weeks back. I contacted support and Frank responded within 24 hours to check the front headphone jack connection. Long story short, narrowed it down to the little board that drives the front headphone connector...
There's a cable that connects to it (similar to front audio panel connector on a PC). Disconnecting this fixed the issue which means it had an intermittent connection. Well...I unplug the cable and take a look at the connector....all the pins are oxidized/rusted out! The two screws that hold it to the cabinet are all rusty. WTF? How this got through QC is anyone's guess. But I responded to Frank letting him know what I found and asked for a replacement since this was a very obvious oversight and should not have been put in the machine. A week later and two follow-ups, crickets.

If you haven't already, I would also be tempted to call the support number. While I've never had to call, I've seen many people say that calling it one of the best ways to get things moving.

2 weeks later
#3357 6 years ago

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I am finally having better results with hitting my phone scoop and SIM card hole (I have authentic Cliffy's on them).

The phone scoop was all about flipper strength. I think my left flipper was way too strong from the factory. I've dialed it back several notches (I think I am at about 15 or 16 now). I can still hit the right ramp easily, but I get far fewer rejects when shooting the phone scoop. I intend to reduce the strength further to see where the sweet spot is.

For the SIM shot, I did the same thing - I reduced the upper flipper strength. It is still hard to hit directly from the upper flipper - but I've hit it directly a couple times which is better than before. I also found a new personal strategy that has worked quite well. I shoot very early off the upper flipper, and it deflects off the left "Ticket" stand up and goes in the SIM hole. Again, a tough shot, but I am making it more than ever now.

Prior to doing these tweaks a good score for me was a million points. The last two games I played were 1.4 and 1.9 million (with 3 and 4 SIMs collected).

I loved the game before, but now that I am getting it dialed in my love is growing stronger

Just thought I would share my experience. Thanks!

3 weeks later
#3699 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Showdown requires 8 / 11 disaster modes to be completed and 8 SIM cards collected (representing the 8 letters in "Dialed In"). Does that sound correct?

This is almost correct. To get to Showdown, you must collect 8 SIM cards, but you can also collect SIMs by beating the BOB Multiballs.

#3750 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

LE for sure. You'll need invisaglass anyway due to the large screen. You get the ramp lights and powder coating and cool cityscape. I think it's totally worth it.

I may be wrong here, but I think the external volume control/headphone jack may not be on the Standard either. Not a real big deal, but I love being able to change the machine volume without having to open the coin door.

4 weeks later
#4172 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Thought new code was coming like... last week!?

Where did you hear that?

4 weeks later
#4647 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I had two SIM cards ready to collect and I thought I could collect them with one shot, but it seems you can’t stack them and each card requires a separate shot. I got four last night, my record.
Big Bang is a huge help to clearing modes.

Might be a nice adjustable setting - "SIM Collect: One or All".

1 month later
#4906 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Does anybody know when to expect the new firmware? I am looking forward especially for the sim cards to be available during chaos...

No idea, but hopefully now that The Hobbit code update is just about complete, Dialed In will be next and coming soon. Still needs a lot of animations on the phone, the new multiball implemented (which was recently added to the official rules diagram), and some additional polish.

1 month later
#5277 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Also, does anyone know for sure what's still supposed to be included in future updates?

The only things I've heard is completing animations for the people on the phone (some are currently animated, some are static images) and the addition of a new multiball tied to the four theater modes (called Quantum Theater Multiball). I imagine there will be some other things, but these are the only things I've seen directly mentioned. Perhaps JJP/Ted have mentioned other things and I missed them...

The game is great as is, but I am looking forward to some additions and polish. I think it has been about 9-10 months since we've had a significant code update...

#5292 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

The update should make some of the bob modes worth more. At this point they are all pointless to play.

Agreed...I think a little score balancing would be welcomed in the next update.

Does anyone else feel like under attack multiball is a little flat? I mean, I like the attack aspect, but I feel like it is missing something, but I can't put my finger on what it is. The game is a gem...I am just being nit-picky

#5310 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I believe even that multiball was extrapolated from a new rule sheet somebody put out.

Correct... It comes right from the rule sheet map in the latest version of the official DI owners manual (which is available for download on the JJP website).

#5315 5 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

The ball is being ejected from the phone scoop straight down the middle—any advice?

Try playing with the coil strength in the adjustments.

My phone scoop used to eject and hit the right sling...I played with the coil strength (lowered it a lot in my case) and it now ejects to the flipper pretty much every time.

2 weeks later
#5468 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

For those that have gotten your manual, did you get a reply or any type of shipment confirmation from JJP after putting a ticket in the support portal? Approximately how long between putting the ticket in and getting the manual did it take?

It took about a week and a half to get my manual once I placed my order. I got an email notice that the order was submitted and processed, but I did not get any sort of shipping email or tracking number. In the end, mine was delivered by USPS.

#5520 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

We will be releasing the code shortly after Expo, after it has been thoroughly tested there. Yes, it will be playable on our DI machines there.
Cheers!

Nice! You should let Joe @ PinballStar load it on his machines for the York pinball show this weekend!

#5564 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Friday 10/12/18 at 3pm central: Live stream of POTC from the guys who made it.
Come check us out!
https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive
Be sure to subscribe to receive notifications in case we play unannounced again....
Oh, and a bonus stream Monday 10/15/18 @ 3pm of NEW CODE....FOR DIALED IN!!!!!!!!!! Hold onto your butts!
E

New code stream day!! Sadly, I will miss the live stream...stupid work!

#5655 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

On the new code does anyone know if there is a SIM card available now from chaos in quantum city MB? (I think it’s the chaos MB, what you start for shooting the photo after playing six modes/disasters I could be off on the name)

It was stated somewhere that this is fixed in the new code...

#5739 5 years ago

Now that game code is almost complete, it would be nice if they did more with the app/bluetooth functionality to make that actually appealing to use. As it stands, it is a novelty...

1 week later
#5948 5 years ago

Excellent timing. Having a buddy over this evening to play some pinball! Time to install!

1 month later
#6474 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

For me it is really the upper right flipper. 3 out of 10 times I make it. So playing left orbit or theater and using the upper right flipper... I had the feeling, 50% will be possible, if I continue training, but 3 out of 10 already feels great - and took only 9 month of training...

I am curious...do you have a protector on your SIM hole?

7 months later
#8304 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I didn't see much that blew me away on this stream. It is pretty much the same game minus a few things (progress towards quantum theater multiball is shown, "now you're dialed in" plays if you fast forward the multiball into, and emoji mode has more points?) That's all I saw.

Yeah, more polish than new stuff. That's okay because the game is great as-is.

I wish they would do more with the phone app. It is really just a proof of concept as it stands. I had seen some really fun ideas for it, like integrating it with multiplayer games and allowing the person not playing to earn awards to mess with the person who is playing. Feels like a missed opportunity here. I tried to ask them about it in chat last night, but they either didn't see my question or chose to ignore it. My guess is they don't want to have to legacy support the app, and so they just aren't acknowledging it now.

#8349 4 years ago

Sounds like I will stay on 1.57 for the time being until there are solid reports on the new updates.

#8388 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

It's not the same on mine. Everything is perfect. I've put 10 games on it since the update came out.
I have a late build, standard edition.

I wonder if they changed motherboards or components somewhere along the way, and the older hardware is the issue?

#8416 4 years ago

Celeron 2800 MHz processor in my game. Definitely going to stay on 1.57 until more info is reported.

#8557 4 years ago

Nobody should have to upgrade their CPU...that's just silly. I am hopeful JJP will work it out in code.

An update from JJP on the issue would be nice...

#8559 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

You're absolutely right, I just wanted to test it to see and liked the results, so I am sticking with it. I am going to try the old processor with an updated micro GPU to see if that does anything for the video sync issues just as another test. I just like tinkering and wanted to see what it would do. Clark could be right as well and it could be a heat issue. I haven't tested thoroughly enough to know but mileage may vary for everyone. This isn't a guaranteed fix, it just worked for me with the older processor, so don't kill the messenger.

I think it is great you tested it. Thank you for doing that and reporting back!

1 month later
#9124 4 years ago
Quoted from edelhert:

I really like v1.73
and Acid Rain is picture perfect now, even on my Celeron

Thanks for the report. Looks like it is finally time for me to update from 1.57.

8 months later
#10547 3 years ago

The recent discussion has me considering removing my cliffys from the phone scoop and Sim hole. I get a lot of phone rejects, and I'd be hopeful I may be able to hit a direct Sim shot on occasion. If I put mylar down at the Sim hole, would that prevent chipping?

1 year later
#12178 2 years ago

I feel like I read months ago that Scorbit was in the most recent beta build of the DI code. Anyone know when DI is getting official Scorbit support?

3 weeks later
#12194 2 years ago

New code (1.75) released today with Scorbit/online integration:

== Legend ==

+ Addition * Change/bugfix - Note

== Version 01.75 October 14, 2021 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: fc8d0c02e9535bd08a9c15b2431bcfae ==

- NOTE: This is a FULL INSTALL release

=== Game Code
+ added achievements with Scorbit
+ added score tracking and mode display info with Scorbit
* tweaked ball save time for Quantum City Multiball
* tweaked Big Bang points in competition mode
- the Dialed In! mobile app is not supported from this version forward
* various bug fixes and improvements

=== Core Code
+ Added WiFi and hard-wired networking. This allows for future online update
support. You'll need to install a WiFi dongle or hardwire the game to your
network for this feature to work
+ added the option to opt-in to Beta Network Updates
+ Added Player Menu, accessing it by holding the right flipper button in
Attract Mode. This allows for connecting of Bluetooth headphones. You'll
need to install a Bluetooth dongle for this feature to work
+ added a shaker motor test
+ added shaker motor option to Matrixed Switches Test to help find flaky
switches without having to pound on the playfield
+ enhanced Camera Diagnostic screen with basic camera adjustments. added test
picture capability
* various bug fixes and improvements

2 weeks later
#12362 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Why is Joe so anti cycling bob targets? That B target on the bottom is basically impossible to hit unless luck/lucky bounce.

At least make it a setting... Like pop bumper cycles Bob targets On/Off.

4 months later
#12684 2 years ago

Decided to take my Cliffy protectors off this weekend (been wanting to do this for a while and have just been lazy). Wow...the phone scoop is SO much easier to hit with so many less rejections. I wish I had taken it off long ago. Put some mylar down around the scoop to try and protect it. I also hit the SIM card shot a couple times directly from the upper flipper (which usually doesn't happen). Still hard to hit, and it may be a fluke, but that seems better as well. I will take my chances with some beat up scoops in place of a better playing game.

Thanks for those who posted about this recently...it inspired me to do it to my machine Now I need to research and fix balls hopping off the left wireform at the inlanes (I don't want a big ugly piece of clear plastic over it, so I may try and make something for a wire hanger).

5 months later
#13046 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am bareback also with just Mylar for protection and no rubbers but if I could get it even better with an improved scoop I would be in!

This made a big difference for me... Can hit the shot with the upper flipper now. Still tough, but doable.

6 months later
#13259 1 year ago

Based on posts in the Godfather thread, sounds like Ted Estes (programmer) is no longer working for JJP. While I know there are other programmers there, it makes me guess we will really never see any final code polish (like a more ceremonious end to the final wizard mode). The last code update will probably just be the removal of Scorbit. What a shame...

#13264 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Based on posts in the Godfather thread, sounds like Ted Estes (programmer) is no longer working for JJP. While I know there are other programmers there, it makes me guess we will really never see any final code polish (like a more ceremonious end to the final wizard mode). The last code update will probably just be the removal of Scorbit. What a shame...

Well...my bad here. I always thought the Pinside user Dr_Light was Ted...but apparently that is not the case. Sounds like Ted is still at JJP. Dr_Light (based on the Godfather thread) is not at JJP any longer. My apologies for the bad info.

3 weeks later
#13305 1 year ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

How many of you have taken off the SIM card cliffy?

I took off both Cliffy's and put down mylar. The phone has far less rejects, and I can actually hit the SIM card shot from the upper flipper (still tough though). Made the game even more enjoyable for me. I will risk some playfield wear for a game that plays properly.

3 months later
#13414 8 months ago
Quoted from Had:

The game wasn't designed with scoop protectors. They were added after the fact as the scoop areas were getting beaten up. Replacing with Mylar makes a big difference. The sim card is still a very difficult shot but the ball is more likely to fall in. Other ways to make the game much easier include stacking outlane ball saves and changing the outlane posts. If you did all of these things as well as carry over sim cards then the game becomes insanely easy.

One of the best decisions I made was taking the protectors off. I had the factory protectors (non-cliffy) installed at first, then got the cliffy protectors. Still had lots of phone scoop rejects and rarely ever made a direct SIM card shot. Took them off and put down mylar. Phone scoop rarely rejects. SIM card shot is still difficult from upper flipper, but I hit it on occasion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brucipher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=brucipher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.