IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brifi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10696 3 years ago

Hello everyone! I'm Brian from Oklahoma and my NIB DI-LE just arrived today! My first machine ever, so I'm quite pumped to finally have this dream come true. It was shipped straight from JJP to my front door. Number 870 and was made 3/20/2018. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment. I'm honored, humbled, and privileged to be a real pinball owner, a part of Pinside, and in the Dialed In club as an owner.

IMG_20200626_204508[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20200626_204508[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20200626_221712[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20200626_221712[1] (resized).jpg
2 months later
#10962 3 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

Thanks again. Can’t wait to get it home and set up. Glad to be in the club!

From one Okie to another, welcome to the DI Club! CRAZY!

1 month later
#11279 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

This is my belief at this point. I don't have certainty on this but I believe so.

JJP did indeed confirm with me that DI will get a code update to enable internet connectivity and Wi-Fi updates. They said it's coming soon.

2 months later
#11641 3 years ago

I've noticed sometimes when I hit the SIM Card scoop, it registers a BOB trap door hit instead and therefore not counting the SIM card shot. This is frustrating when I have SIM Card lit. I guess sometimes I hit that scoop just right that the ball travels slightly up the subway path and trips the BOB trap door opto first before traveling back down to the phone scoop VUK. My NIB DILE was purchased seven months ago and came with Cliffy's installed at both the Phone and SIM Card scoops. Is there anything I can do to prevent the ball from accidentally tripping the BOB trap door opto first? Is there a simple way to relocate the BOB trap door optos further up the subway path without messing things up?

1 week later
#11679 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

This happened to me too. The BOB opto is very close to the sim hole (they share the same subway) and the sim hole shot will roll the ball back up the subway and activate the BoB opto before the SIM hole opto. I followed the suggestion from another pinsider and moved the BoB opto further up the subway. I did have to drill two teeny pilot holes for the screws but it was a simple fix that has solved this issue completely.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/31#post-4167664

fnosm can you include pics on your fix please? I'd really like to get a visual on how you fixed this issue on your machine. I'm also thinking about the shim idea from another pinsider on that same thread you linked. Thanks.

4 months later
#11919 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Can I still buy a Dialed In from JJP or is this out of production? I am shopping for my first modern pin and seriously considering this game if I can find one.

I bought my brand new LE this time last year. My distributor didn't have it in their stock, so they contacted JJP and they still had them in stock. It was shipped directly from JJP to my house. I have number 870. A lot has happened in a year, but it's possible they still might have some in stock. JJP's website still shows LE's and Standards are available for purchase. Wouldn't hurt to check.

4 weeks later
#11978 2 years ago

For those of you wanting a physical DI Operations Manual, JJP just found a limited supply in their factory. I ordered mine right away. Get 'em while they last!
https://pinballwizard.com/products/dialed-in-operations-manual

2 months later
#12209 2 years ago

For those who successfully installed the latest update - with the wi-fi dongle replacing the Bluetooth dongle on the USB extension cable by the coin door, where did you move the Bluetooth dongle to? I only see one available USB port on the motherboard I/O bracket inside the backbox. Is that where the Bluetooth dongle should go now? Also, before the latest update, was the only purpose of the Bluetooth dongle for the phone app that is now no longer supported?

2 weeks later
#12382 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

What he said … you can put some mylar on it to give some protection, I also took the rubber off the post which maybe a bit of a cheat but doesn’t by any means make it easy.

I also removed the rubber off both posts on either side of the SIM card scoop but didn't remove the Cliffy. That made the SIM card shot only slightly easier to hit, but still difficult and Cliffy protected. That's the best of all worlds IMHO. I might try putting some thinner rubber around both posts to keep the shot slightly easier to hit but also reduce blunt metal to metal contact with the unprotected posts.

1 month later
#12504 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Agreed. For the theatre magnet, I got it from the underside, removing the magnet first and then using the same method to cut out the circle of mylar.

You might also need to slightly adjust the magnet to where it sits flush to the playfield after cutting out the mylar.

1 week later
#12523 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Stuck ball issue around the pops by the skill shot area. Is this common and is there a way to resolve?

I had that issue after installing a Cliffy around the skill shot switch. At first I thought the switch itself was positioned too high making the ball not clear it. But soon after I discovered that sometimes the ball wouldn't have enough momentum to clear the Cliffy and get stuck leaning up next to it. I ended up removing the Cliffy and that resolved the problem without needing to adjust the skill shot switch.

3 months later
#12794 2 years ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Guess I’m going through all the basic tribulations of dialed in. So my theatre magnet that was working perfectly for the first week now holds the ball and I have to shake the machine to get it loose. I assume I have to cut the Mylar but just want to just double check. [quoted image]

Quoted from Had:

Correct. Cut the Mylar over all the magnet cores.

The best way to cut the mylar clean is with an Exacto knife from underneath the playfield. This involves removing the magnets temporarily from underneath first. Also, after cutting the mylar, re-adjust the magnet cores to where they're flush with the playfield. Otherwise you'll have a small ridge where the ball could get stuck. All of this was very easy to do and only took me a few minutes on my machine. The only concern I had was making sure to carefully cut the mylar and not cut into any border of the playfield design.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brifi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=brifi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.