Topic Stats

• 9,042 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 164 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DI CLIP (resized).jpg
DI1 (resized).jpg
DI2 (resized).jpg
DI4 (resized).jpg
69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg
568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg
diflash (resized).jpg
99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg
di-decals-sample (resized).jpg
decals4 (resized).jpg
decals2 (resized).jpg
decals1 (resized).jpg
decals0 (resized).jpg
E7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpeg
20190828_143115 (resized).jpg
20190814_142930 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (1 year ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (1 year ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (1 year ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (1 year ago)

Post #1253 Velcro fix for right ramp hangup Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1258 Detailed pictures for adjusting a misbehaving trap door Posted by foobeer (1 year ago)

Post #1332 Getting access to computer in backbox on Dialed In Posted by hank527 (1 year ago)

Post #1347 Ball trap location. Posted by Kevlar (1 year ago)

Post #1377 Fix for USB at the coin door not working Posted by Pinhead1982 (1 year ago)

Post #1391 Fix for Tilt Bob not working all of a sudden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1431 Adjustment point to grease for trap door to operate smoothly Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Adjusting arm on Quantum Mechanic Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2507 How to get in backbox to check audio connections Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #2661 DIY Lighting how-to for sides of Dialed In backglass Posted by lyonsden (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#177 2 years ago

Played DI at the Seattle Pinball Museum this weekend with my family. I have 3 kids 14,13,11 and DI was the only table that we played as a family. My kids will not stand around and watch someone play pinball while waiting for their turn, maybe I should get them checked for ADD, but they did for DI. The LCD on this table keeps the players waiting their turn entertained, between the scrolling fake news, the emojis, selfies and everything else it kept them from getting impatient. The selfie mode gave them ample opportunity to harass each other about the pic. My oldest daughter was not too keen on it because she wasn't able to play and pose at the same time, which the younger two immediately jumped on that opportunity. I sold my GBLE to buy DILE.

3 months later
#890 1 year ago

Got the call today...mine is shipping next Thursday. Should be officially in the club by Halloween!

2 weeks later
#1354 1 year ago

I received my DILE on Halloween, been spending the last couple of days setting it up and updating the code. I downloaded the app and just wanted to share my impressions of the app. I really like the app, I am currently dealing with some tendinitis in my elbow and playing pinball is painful right now. The app has almost no lag and I am not in pain playing. Hitting the big bang button on the phone is a nice touch. Also my 11 year old son, who is used to playing games on the phone, would not give me my phone back. He also would stop playing, to him this is how it should be played. With the update on Apple it gave us no problems connecting the Bluetooth. If you have kids, you might be surprised how much they prefer this to the flipper buttons. Once my tendinitis goes away I am back to the traditional way of playing, but I am happy to be able to play without pain.

2 weeks later
#1688 1 year ago

Could someone post a picture of the trap door mechanism. Mine started opening and closing non stop and when I lifted the playfield half of it has fallen apart. I don’t know how it should go back together.

5AEAC159-1C31-4E20-B551-9ECDEE23D938 (resized).jpeg

21009675-1127-47FB-9B76-F4EA22079DF0 (resized).jpeg

4 months later
#3374 1 year ago
Quoted from geoncic:

I am soooo excited. I just bought my first pin, and it's a NIB Dialed In SE. It should be shipping out today! If there is one thing I should do to this machine before I start playing, what should it be? (Assuming I've read the manual and set up as recommended already)
I was planning on getting some cliffy protectors, but I do not see them on the cliffy website (passionforpinball). Are they not being made anymore?

I would highly recommend removing the Mylar from the magnet core on both magnets.

#3390 1 year ago

If you don’t remove the Mylar on the magnet, it gets destroyed by the ball and eventually you will have to replace it.

#3409 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

IMHO the Mylar has a purpose and should be left on. Yes you will have to replace it from time to time, but it still serves a purpose. JJP could have saved money and left it off but they think that it is necessary. I buy new shoes from time to time. I could walk around barefoot, but I find the shoes necessary.

I re-read what I posted and realized it was a bit vague...don’t remove all of the Mylar just the part that is covering the magnet. When I got my DILE the Mylar covered both magnets. If you don’t remove the Mylar off the magnet it starts to bubble and tear forcing you to replace all of the mylar. It is really easy to do with an exacto knife on the drone magnet. The theater magnet will require removing the magnet on the underside of the playfield. It is only a couple of screws then use the exacto knife to remove the mylar that covers the magnet. Maybe JJP has corrected this and mylar no longer covers the magnet. Hope this helps.

#3415 1 year ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

the mylar, or the magnet?

The mylar

#3437 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Where is the red stuck pixel, is it in the very top right corner? If so, it's not a stuck pixel, it's JJPs, version of a credit dot and you have a game malfunction. On a game that new it's likely the trapdoor sticking open.

I had a problem with my trap door...sprayed some fluid film on the joints. It has been working fine since. We use this product on our hydraulic plates and the metal mechanism to prevent the plates from sticking. Works like a charm

2 weeks later
#3650 1 year ago

Has anybody changed the servings on the dialed in inserts to have some of the letters already lit. If so how many and do you consider this cheating? The best I have been able to do has been 4 SIM cards. I am thinking of having the game start with 2 letters already lit.

#3680 1 year ago

Do you cap how many extra balls can be rewarded....I currently cap it at 3.

#3717 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just learned that tonight!

Same here, I didn’t know you could beat the bob Multiballs.

#3720 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

How do you beat them? And do you get a SIM?

You got me, I have no idea. Hopefully brucipher can fill us in.

#3724 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Shots to the theater are suddenly being dropped by the magnet and falling SDTM on my DI. It used to throw the ball up and around with the occasional drop down. I read the posts about cutting out the mylar, but I don’t think that’s the issue as the magnet is able to hold the ball just fine.
Anyone know the fix for this one?

Cut the mylar off the magnet, I had the same problem. The theater worked great then not so much. The mylar starts to bubble and interferes with the throw. It is really easy to remove the mylar. Lift the play field up remove the screws holding magnet, should be 3 or 4 of them, using an exacto knife cut the mylar from the hole, wipe the magnet core with goo be gone. Playing the game with the mylar on the magnets will make the mylar bubble and on the theater it will interfere with the throw.

#3838 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

I received LE# 577 on Friday, what an absolutely amazing game. I followed a lot of the advice from this thread, which has been an invaluable resource so thanks to all that have posted in here. Trap door, magnet mylar removal and flipper adjustments were great suggestions and easy to follow. Some unusual issues I've had are:
- I have a bubble in my apron sticker, right in the middle. There is something under it, I can't smooth it out.
- My play field has a smudge o it over the "Disaster" insert. I notified my distro, but I may try working it out.
- I broke a flipper return spring within 48 hours of unboxing
This is a great family pin. I really enjoy playing it and my kids love the app (messing with the flippers while I play, mostly), the selfies, the screen and the theater. I have to admit that after the reveal, I thought it was a bust. But after playing it and now having the opportunity to own it and play it much more in depth, it's an amazing concept and layout from Pat Lawlor. New favorite pin.

One of my flipper spring broke during the first week. ltg has an easy fix.

1 week later
#3949 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone have a QUED toy (electric guy) that is holding just 1 lightning bolt in both arms? Mine came lose and I need to hot glue it back on but I only see the 1 piece. Did JJP switch from using 2 separate lightning bolt plastics to 1 at some point?

Mine is 2 pieces....installed them and they fell out immediately. Never reinstalled them.

Edit: I guess mine came broken as well...I just thought people we got glueing the lightening bolt to QED

#3984 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

The mylar is not easy to cut from the top of the playfield, that includes the drone magnet. I know it sounds scary, but removing the magnets from under the playfield is pretty easy, just three screws each. Once they're out of the way, it's easy to cut with a sharp exacto knife, just follow the outline of the round magnet opening. I did have to adjust the theater magnet after removing the mylar though because it started to let it drain down the middle without sending it around.

Pinbuck is spot on...it sounds scary, but it is fairly easy and simple. I am a novice at this and it took me about 15 minutes to remove the mylar off the theater. Just follow his instructions, I would recommend wiping the magnet core with goo off to remove the adhesive. If you need help just message me.

#4064 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I wonder what the rationale for that is, or is it just an excuse to mix things up?

On mine when the diverter is down and I hit the ramp with some speed, the ball manages to bounce off the back and lands in the skill shot. It then feeds to the upper flipper for an easy ramp shot.

#4122 1 year ago

After playing a few games tonight, an idea came to me on the lottery/scratcher mode. I think it would be nice when you scratch the ticket if it gave you either points or an award. The awards could be any of these. Add a ball, light Big Bang, start a mode, award a lock and if you hit the lottery a letter on the Dialed In. Just an idea but scratching the ticket would be way more exciting, either points or an award.

2 months later
#5079 1 year ago

My trap door flap snapped off today....how difficult is it to replace. It looks like it is riveted . Will I need to replace the trap door?

1 week later
#5194 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Is there any way to improve the delay on the phone app? Having a "for fun" tourney on location tonight and it'll randomly have about a half second delay every 10 or so flips.
Also: what does the green button on the app do?

If I remember correctly, it launches the ball.

1 month later
#5767 10 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

On a couple occasions now, I've seen Fester's chair from Addam's Family and the gumball machine from TZ in the theater. I don't know how I got to those points.
How did they show up and what is their significance? Are there any other throwback images in the theater?

Holy crap... I have had this for awhile and I have never seen them!

1 month later
#6451 9 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How does the upper playfield help when you need to lock balls?

On mine, if I hit the left ramp with decent speed it will bounce off the rubber, fall off the back and land in the skill shot. Which then feeds the upper flipper for a relatively easy shot on the side ramp.

5 months later
#7853 3 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

it's kind of meaningless, it worked for me using my android phone, but I never used it. All you can do is flip with it, not very fun and just gimmicky.

IMO I would like to see it as a default center button. As I recall, the idea was you would put your phone where the 4 Leda are located. When it worked you could he the Big Bang button and it would be like hitting the target. Have the app have a couple of choices, keep it like it is and have an alternative version where you can collect either big bang or sim shots. Obviously make the ability to collect the shots via phone different that just lighting it on the playfield.

1 month later
#8252 57 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone else ever get the "participation award"? I had a ball where I hit nothing, no ball save and saw on screen that I was awarded 800 points as a participation award lol! Nice touch.

Hate to say this but the first ball I played I saw this and immediately thought “jeez I suck at pinball!” I thought it was really funny though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 49.00
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside