Topic Stats

• 8,827 posts
  • 486 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by KingBW
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,067 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190819_181516 (resized).jpg
6CF3159B-EE80-44BD-91BF-D1C8ABFAA9BF (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190818_173650 (resized).jpg
20190817_173756 (resized).jpg
20190817_145853 (resized).jpg
20190817_132702 (resized).jpg
20190816_170413 (resized).jpg
hwinfo (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.21.07 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 14.29.30 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.20.42 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.32.01 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.32.03 (resized).jpg
WP_20190814_11_46_49_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20190814_11_47_04_Pro (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (1 year ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (1 year ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (1 year ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (1 year ago)

Post #1253 Velcro fix for right ramp hangup Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1258 Detailed pictures for adjusting a misbehaving trap door Posted by foobeer (1 year ago)

Post #1332 Getting access to computer in backbox on Dialed In Posted by hank527 (1 year ago)

Post #1347 Ball trap location. Posted by Kevlar (1 year ago)

Post #1377 Fix for USB at the coin door not working Posted by Pinhead1982 (1 year ago)

Post #1391 Fix for Tilt Bob not working all of a sudden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1431 Adjustment point to grease for trap door to operate smoothly Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Adjusting arm on Quantum Mechanic Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2507 How to get in backbox to check audio connections Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #2661 DIY Lighting how-to for sides of Dialed In backglass Posted by lyonsden (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

351 posts in this topic match your search for posts by bigd1979. You are on page 1 of 2.
#91 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Anybody else in on an LE from PinballSTAR? I'm in no rush, but it seems like his allotment has been slow to arrive. I've got a few pinball projects I can work on until this ships, but I was wondering if any other PinballSTAR customers have heard anything.

I am and am in the first batch (ordered oct 15) . Im paid in full as of last week and just waiting on the call to head to the factory to pick mine up. Sld be very soon. Hopefully all the fixes will be in place on his allotment. Sometimes its good to wait a little .....

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

My LE from Joe arrived last week. The tracking number arrived after the game. It's well worth the wait.

Well dam... hope i hear something soon since i was told to pay in full few weeks ago and that i was in the first batch....

#176 2 years ago

Its just a fun original theme that works well this day in age especially to us younger crowd. We absolutely love everything about it including the selfie and emoji mode as it just adds amother fun element to a allready amazing playing pin. Then add in the display and lighting and you have a really great package.

3 weeks later
#225 2 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I am getting very excited to get ours at the end of month. Just played my buddies CE today and it is definitely fun. My first JJP.

The ce are being made allready?

1 week later
#264 2 years ago

Yay its here.... well worth the wait. Game and build quality are top notch. This game really shines in home use and is very difficult especially when u take away all the eb and make magnets more active.20170818_143259 (resized).jpg20170818_143253 (resized).jpg20170818_143221 (resized).jpg

#279 1 year ago

Did i mention how fun this game is to shoot? The lightshow during stacked mb and modes is the best. I love the rgb flasher also. Only thing i wish there was a spinner... even know the left orbit when hit lights like one and there is s virtual spinner at the theater. The magnet action is over the top especially set on medium. Game definitely feels like what b/w wld be making if they were still in business.

#288 1 year ago

Yep best sound to date on a pin imo..... they did a great job redesigning the cab....

#294 1 year ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I just ordered an LE today from Automated Services and it's shipping today. They just received stock and there is no wait. These where built last week. I have to research this thread and see what I need to do to keep the playfield protected!

As long as its a recent one you sld b ok ...... at least till u get all your cliffys. I just added the sim cliffy and have 125 games allready and its fine .

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Thanks. I ordered the Cliffys but he is slammed right now and it may be a couple weeks before I receive them. I'm just hoping I can put some plays on the game without putting some damage on it.

As long as yours has the sim protector and all the mylar added it sld be ok for a while. Also the newer phone scoop has a nice sloped edge on newer production ones.

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

This game is Crazy!
I ordered mine a couple of months ago and ordered a full set of Cliffys to add to it. I got pretty lucky - both the pin and the Cliffys arrived today. Thanks to jerseyjack and cliffy for awesome products!

Lol thats what happened to me also.... crazy considering mine was damaged in shipping and i had to wait a extra month lol.... it was meant to be lol

#304 1 year ago

No issue on sim shot with cliffys installed......

#307 1 year ago
Quoted from algrande:

don't play it until you have full protection....mine has 115 plays and sim card has chipped clear and paint...

Newest ones sld have the sim protector from factory

#312 1 year ago

Don't get me wrong....the sim shot is still very hard but i haven't noticed any difference since cliffy install. I still rely on luck most of the time lol.

#320 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

LE #650 powering up for the first time.

Awesome.... did it have all the fixes?

#321 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Welcome! make sure to run that trapdoor a bunch...seems to be like the biggest tweaking area.

Knock on wood.... mine has worked great the first 150 games this past week.

#336 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Future owner here (as soon as my distributor gets stock)!! Very excited to get this game.
Quick question - does the right orbit always go to the ramp, or is there a diverter that sometimes sends the ball the whole way around? I've watched some videos of the game and it appears it is always the ramp, but I am just curious....

Just a ramp shot.... unless its weak then goes to pops or skill shot which then shoots it to upper flipper again

#349 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Actually considering selling my MB to pickup this title, and I do love my MB.

I did amd it paid for my le and had a few thousand left over to get something else and o don't regret it one bit even know my mb was better than new. Dile is a much better game to play with tons more shots , code and things going on .

2 weeks later
#428 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

The one here is white post sleeve on the left and mini post with a rubber on the right, not two sleeved posts. Build date on this one is 5/17.

Yea some early early (maybe sample) ones had 2 mini post then it was changed to post sleeve on left. Now apparently it has been charged to 2 post sleeves

#491 1 year ago
Quoted from JWJr:

I have to say I'm unimpressed with the trap door, as a mechanism - I think it's poorly designed and implemented. It's clunky, doesn't seem to hold up well, and it's an all-too-frequent ball stop: if barely_ making the left orbit (hitting the opto and then falling back) ends a disaster mode, the trap door may well open and hold the ball, requiring a ball search. (Programming suggestion: a three-second delay between the end of a disaster and the triggering of the door.)

Wonder if something was changed at some point.... mine has been great and very smooth
Haven't had any stuck balls in over 300 games....

#501 1 year ago

Old lady photo bombed me lol

IMG_20241 (resized).jpg

#505 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

On my way to pick up my LE. Will be in the club soon.

Did u get the good deal on the used one?

#506 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Must be my location becasue my camera pics are just horrible. Nothing like yours

Yea mine takes excellent pics and i play with no lights,on at all.... seems u have alot of issues with yours?

#508 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well only 1 issue - it looks like shit
Maybe I got an artistic one with a longer shutter speed...always blurry. When i go in the cam test though it looks fine...but of course that's the wide angle.

O sorry must got u confused with op that had trapdoor,and flipper issues.

#514 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

People have been saying it was designed to be 6.5 with the leg levels all the way down

Correct... new cab design is purposely like this.

#543 1 year ago

U can cancel it out also by hitting both flipper buttons.... then u can start a mode to bring into mb

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

so after playing what has to be a ton of games on this tonight, the right flipper is good. Def was playfield height and the position of the flipper.
This game is amazing. Top 3 for me right now - could be top. It's really that good. Feels so good and you just want to play one more time. Plus I love that shadow like magnet pull in the theatre.

Set the shaker up to medium and the magnets up to medium..... crazy action during emp mode and mb. Glad u are loving the game... it really is top notch and one the best out .... glad u have it a chance

#566 1 year ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Pretty sure it's after 3 modes have been played.

That and 25 combos .... u can change all this on settings. I took away and changed some bc it gave out way to many on factory settings.

#587 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

Combo champ is for consecutive combos, not overall combo total in a game. We are updating that screen to say "Largest Consecutive Combo".

I see there is a Armageddon champ but not showdown ? Not that i will make it to either one lol...

#602 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sort of reminds me of TZ in a narrow body for some reason. Maybe code/modes. Anyone else?

Much faster and flows better than tz. Both great in their own way

#605 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, the flow and combos on DI are insane. But there's something about it that still reminds me of TZ - maybe its the packed nature of the PF - the feeling that everything has been thrown into the game with no regard to budget. Or the mode based code (sim cards = door panels), or that TZ also feels like non licenced theme. Some shots are very similar - right upper flipper to sim scoop = right upper flipper to camera, Phone scoop = Slot scoop, theatre shot = ball lock (but easier).
Anyway, whatever it is theyre both brilliant. DI deserves to be up there with TZ.

For sure... many of pat l pins feel similar .

#625 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I've had EMP whip it back and around, but I can't figure out why it does only sometimes.

Depends if other stuff is also lit at theater.... lava does same thing sometimes ...

1 week later
#753 1 year ago

Big bang is lit by hitting side targerts with upper flipper. Sim is lit when u finish a mode amoung a few other ways.

#757 1 year ago

No clue on the wizard modes as ill never see them the way my game is set up .....

#760 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

There is one thing nicer - when you hit Big Bang and the knocker fires simultaneously for a free game... then drops into the SIM hole
That is just a spectacular series of events.

Yes its blinding and i usually lose the ball lol

#776 1 year ago

Di is totally different pin and im proud to own it....its also loaded with features, magnets, code and plays smoother and very flowy compared to potc imo. All jjp pins are must owns bc they are all so different imo.

#784 1 year ago

Awesome a mini wizard mode....and pics for high score. Also tons of other stuff ... love jjp code evolution.... top notch for sure

#792 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:

anybody know the weight of a DI ?

Very heavy lol....

#808 1 year ago

Man i cant wait for the new code...... while everyone is stuck on potc, they are missing out on this amazing pin bc of a cell phone lol.
Di may go down as one of those sleeper pins that in 3,4 or5 years will b in high demand . Such a great shooting pin with tons going on and to do... and its only gonna get better.

#821 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

So - what is the magnet by the drones used for? In the 20 or so games I've played on the machine, I don't think I've seen it do much. Does it stop and catch the ball at some point?

My drone magnet is my most active one..... it does some crazy movement to the ball. Yes it can also catch and hold the ball . Its almost like a crazy powerful slingshot most of the time..... love it.

#829 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’ve had it throw it in the left outline. Potc has the same crazy magnets as di.

Potc only has 2 and one is a diverter style in the orbit and other is back by the chest. They wont be near as active and effect gameplay like di...

#833 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Are you sure, when I played at expo, admittedly, just one game, the ball was getting thrown everywhere. I can’t recall if it was the discs or magnets, but I distinctly remember thinking it was just like DI.

Probably bc the exposed pop bumpers and third sling shot.

#839 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I've seen my machine catch the ball at the drones several times now.

Is your di have the 1.45 code? Seems the new code catches the ball more....

#841 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm on 1.00 and it catches it a lot....

O wow your way back on code. U sld have at least 1.13? Maybe im just trying for it more now lol

#844 1 year ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Anyone else noticing a ton of scratches on their playfields already? See pics above. Mine still has less than 100 games. Not seeing nearly this much wear & tear on my WOZ75 even after 900 games! What is happening to my DILE?

Its not gonna stay perfectly shiny especially bc of all the magnets . Most of the marks sld wax out when its time. Also i wld change the balls to super shiny.... that helped on mine

#847 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Where do you get those shiny ones from

Pinball wizard is where i ordered mine

#852 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_mutha:

I have a DI on order, are the balls that come with it so bad that I shouldn't use them?

Not really .... i just like super nice ones lol

#853 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks. I will prob need to replace some of the rubbers too (slings, etc). What do you recommend from that place?

Not sure but maybe titan wld b great?

#859 1 year ago

Had scuffs on mine also... have around 500 plays. I just did a light shop with some new rubbers , waxed and ajusted some switches. Scuffs came out and holy shit it plays so dam fast now that the games are over im 3min lol.

#863 1 year ago
Quoted from Grateful_Pin:

Just got out DILE yesterday and love it. Thanks Joe@PinballStar.
I’ve removed the Mylar over the magnets and moved the BOB sign thus far but do have one question. I’ve had it say it’s taking selfies and that it did take x number of selfies but never see any pictures. The camera is enabled in settings. Also when the lottery ticket is displayed we wave our hand but the ticket is not scratched. Any thoughts as to why the camera seems to not be working?

Make sure camera is plugged in the backbox..mine became unhooked in shipping

#877 1 year ago

Version 1.45 October 11, 2017

Game Code
+ Added "rough cut" of Chaos in Quantum City wizard mode (available after six
Disaster Modes)
+ Added support for Collectors Edition topper lamp
* Turned off extra ball score award setting
* Added delay to opening trap door when left loop is made
* Fixed SIM Card carryover setting
* Fixed logic for marking moving target bad when it fails to initialize

==============================================================================
== Version 1.40 September 18, 2017 ==
==============================================================================

- KNOWN ISSUES:
High Score photo will crash game if face not detected.
High Score photo does not work correctly with multi-player games.
(Photo of wrong player is displayed/saved for players 2-4.)

- IMPORTANT: The smartphone app has been updated to work with this release.
Previous versions of the phone app will not work with this or later
releases of of game software.

=== Game Code
+ Added option to take player photos for High Score
* Improved operation of camera when unplugging/re-plugging
* Major re-work of Bluetooth connectivity code
* Fixed Left Orbit/Trap Door scoring interaction
+ Added some display, lamp, and sound/music effects
* Balanced and/or re-worked scoring in lots of areas
+ Added Grouped LED Test
* Showdown can now be played more than once in the same game
+ Added a Phone "overcharge" rule
* Changed some display effects to disallow short-circuiting via flippers
+ Added Enter Initials for Armageddon, High Voltage, Monkey Wrench, Drones Gone
Wild, and Combo champs
* Fixed Combo shot logic
* Moved Light Extra Ball to 35th Combo
* Implemented competition mode for some normally random things
+ Added adjustment to always show mode timers on main display (defaults to
MB only)

=== Core Code

* Fixed a drain/tilt condition that could cause a game to hang
* Suppress knocker when Match is skipped via start button (on free play only)

#881 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I hope they do something with the 4 LED's on the apron...currently their useless

They get alot of gi/flasher use now..... looks nice imo. Lots of new lighting in the new code.... wait to you see the start mb now and the mini wizard mode....big wow factor.

#897 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Finally just had a good game and broke a million (1.44 million). Feels so good when you are in the zone hitting shot after shot! Man I'm loving this game!

Its definitely special when it all comes together and your stacking modes. Get as good as u can on code 1.13 bc the new code seems to much more difficult for some reason. I did take away some extra balls but its just more difficult overall.

#901 1 year ago
Quoted from jamjam:

Just got mine, really enjoying this one!
I'm confused about the left orbit though... the trap door always opens and catches the ball? When should it go around?

Your trap door may be sticking up bc it sld b im the down position a good bit

#905 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

So, for the new owners like myself, other than the trap door and the lock ramp/station 3 wire form exit adjustments, are there any other known things to look out for?

Theater magnet sld toss it back sometimes

#951 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I know it's been said already,but what is the best setting for the theatre magnet?

It varies from game to game depending on setup but usually -90/-120 will do it...

#969 1 year ago

Did a short video of dile..... you may notice some slight differences from your all's di...

#973 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

1.45 firmware is amazing. Got to play 20+ game on it this weekend at a local event.
They are going to keep polishing this baby.
Love the rules of the game, so satifying.
Chaos in Quantum city lighting effects in a fully lit enviroment where crazy, cannot wait to see it in a dark room

Its nuts ...trust me.... lots of new lighting effects in the game also.

#977 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks was interested to see this. That's new code right? About 4 min in and noticed new speech for MB (slower Now you're dialed in - sounds good). Effects are enhanced too or atleast I don't recall them being so blown out . Didn''t notice too much else thus far though. Was hoping to get more phone animations or background tv art.

Newer code... there is a 1.46 now bc there were some bugs found in the 1.45. Good eye on the mb start.... its much better now and my video dont really do the lighting and favors especially bc it was fairly bright in the house at the time of recording. There are lots other differences but my video didnt showcase much of it .

#978 1 year ago

I believe many of them were addressed and many things were changed /added.

#979 1 year ago

Ill do another video soon with newest code .... Hopefully i have a better game .....

#982 1 year ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Nice! New code! The music during the lottery ticket was different I believe. I was really hoping they were going to do a pic for high scores. Fun for us huo families at least.

Yep ...has some funky neat music with that mode.....

#988 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

New code looks great....hopefully they release soon...

Quoted from attack7:

Thanks for the video, Big D - was anxious to see it.

There's much more but i dont wamna spoil any thing else.... especially the mini wizard mode..... it sld be released soon ...as long as no more bugs are found. I personally haven't found any but i haven't gotten real deep into the code eaither.

#1009 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Put your machine on "Director's Cut" which changes a bunch of settings to be like the software team intended, including the magnets to "MEDIUM".

Ive put my magnets at med from the beginning and mentioned it on here to do also......what else does this change?

#1011 1 year ago

Where is the director's cut setting?

#1015 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Where is the director's cut setting?

Nevermind....found it

#1016 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Is Armageddon the final wizard mode?
I see a lot of people have made it to this... is the game quite shallow? How many modes/ disasters are there?
Don't know if I should get a DI or wait and see what a GOTG is like.

No.... and it has alot of code and even more in new release. Not a easy game unless its on 1.13 factory settings..... to many eb.

#1019 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Armageddon is the "booby prize" ending. Not so hard to do. Showdown is the real ending and is hard to get to and hard to finish (I've not finished it yet).
The game is on the shallow side with 1.13, but it sounds like 1.46 code has already begun addressing issues of depth. I feel like Dialed In is another WoZ, building from a base.

Man your game must be set up on the easy side?..... put the magnets on med and take all the easy eb away and ajust the kickback harder znd its not a easy game at all. My ball and game tines on di are around the same as my afm and bsd .... factory settings on 1.13 are way to easy imo. Wait till the new code is available as factory settings seem to be much more difficult.

#1020 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

No. Armageddon is what you get for playing all 11 disaster modes.
As far as anyone knows, The Showdown is the final mode. It's what you get for collecting all 8 Sim Cards.
I've made it to both, but only once, and it was in the same game (because I was really on with my shooting, and completed most modes while playing through them). The modes are not easy to complete. You get 30 seconds and need to make anywhere from 3 to 8 shots...not a lot of time. Then you need to hit the hardest shot in the game to pick up the Sim Card. I'm a fairly highly ranked player, FWIW.
Mine is on location and has about 1200 plays on it. I'm pretty confident that no one else has been to The Showdown, nor Armageddon...but I could check the audits to be sure.
To be honest, I do think it is a more shallow game than others that have been released recently. There isn't a ton of nuance for how to play: start modes, complete modes, collect sim card. Bring in a multiball or Crazy Bob mode when it's not too much extra work. However, what is there is really fun, and the focus on completing the modes is a nice departure from most games where you just start them and do other stuff (like focus on a multiball). I think the mode difficulty is just right, and completing them is fun and rewarding (aside from the points)...and they are varied enough from each other that it doesn't feel like "hit random colored shots".
It's a nice change of pace that you can actually explain most of the rules in a minute or so. A lot of games are a bit of a grind to get to wizard modes, but Dialed In doesn't feel like that at all.

Good review.... not all games need to be woz depth....however di set up right is difficult and i dont see me ever getting to showdown and only Armageddon if i time out all the modes and focus on that....what fun is that tho lol.

#1023 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Factory settings except more magnets and most of the EBs off. One EB max per game. I've been playing it since May, so headstart over most.

Tilt? Also the kickback settings are very easy on 1.13 factory....this is changed on the new code. Not sure what else changed but the 1.46 is much more difficult and has been totally kicking my ass lol. Most of it tho is probably bc i suck lol

#1025 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You guys getting to Armageddon are impressive. I have a top score of about 2.3 mil, but haven't come close I don't think. I play on factory settings original code.

If u time out all the modes and focus on Armageddon its possible but thats not fun to me......

#1027 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Tilt is what I would call average, but it's set to per ball, not per game (which is retarded, IMO). I get warnings all the time.

Dam i forgot to change that setting....

#1029 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Isn't Armageddon based on how well you do in the modes? Isn't there a timer or health bar or something that is effected by modes? I've been to Armageddon twice. Once I played a long time ( had 4 or 5 SIM cards); the other time it cut me off short, real short (only had 1 SIM card).

Not sure haven't been close lol.... i believe u just have to light all the modes tho...thats it.

#1034 1 year ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

I've been fighting with an impossible to hit Station 3 shot (statistics show no one hit it in 300 games!). I'm pretty terrible, but not that bad. After watching a bunch of videos I think my upper flipper might not adjusted just right. Can anyone confirm if this is correct or if it needs to be adjusted to swing out a bit more? If so about how far should it extend?

Something is obviously not correct and must not be very fun not being able to lock balls and all the other important upper flipper shots. It looks like its not working properly and not going up high enough.

#1057 1 year ago

I play in total darkness and di is plenty bright and is probably the most well lit stock pin ive ever played. No issue at all and the pinstadium wld just take away from the amazing light show and effects .

#1059 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes it's very well lit but if you look at the center of the playfield it's much darker than the sides. This evens out that lighting and brightens it up even more and they sync with the GI of JJP's system so that they turn off and on with its modes. I hope this helps.

Right , but i doubt they do the neat effects on things like emp mode flicker and will just take away from things like that imo.

#1062 1 year ago

Pic of mine in darkness and i dont even have the gi or inserts turned up all the way... looks very brite to me and looks betrer in person. I like the pinstadium product but di dont need it and it wld take away from many of the neat lighting effects imo. 20171025_141925 (resized).jpg

#1064 1 year ago

Video of mine in basically darkness and its perfectly fine and then some lol. Do the pinstadium just go out with the gi or can they dim also bc di has lots of dimming effects especially on new code.

#1066 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Thanks for posting that up and shooting that footage. If you look closely at the video you will see the darker spots on the center of the game and they gradually get a little deeper from the edges to the center. Mine used to look the same way and I wanted to bring that part of the artwork in balance with the rest of the game.
It's all personal preference totally and I agree that Dialed In is one of the most well lit games. This just enhances it even more and fills the gaps in the lighting to balance the playfield out. And yes the GI module reads the signal so it syncs off/on or fades depending on what GI you connect the Pin Stadiums to.
If anyone is on the Cincinnati area I would be more than happy to let you see it in person. Until Expo last weekend at our booth many felt the same way.
I'm a big collector myself and huge JJP fan and an app developer, so I just combined the two worlds together to give you app controllable lighting with your phone. You can adjust the RGB lighting and white lightning separately within the app from 0-100% to your liking. This product is to just add more to the growing world of pinball that we all love.
I screenshot yours next to the one with them installed for comparison so that you can see the unedited results.
I hope this clarifies things better.

If u compare yours to my pic above and not the video (bad/different angle) there isnt alot of different imo. I like your products but its just not needed imo and apparently many others feel the same in this particular case.

#1076 1 year ago

Use the director's cut , take all the replay eb away and set the kickbsck not to be so active and it makes the game much more difficult and better imo.

#1082 1 year ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

I've been fighting with an impossible to hit Station 3 shot (statistics show no one hit it in 300 games!). I'm pretty terrible, but not that bad. After watching a bunch of videos I think my upper flipper might not adjusted just right. Can anyone confirm if this is correct or if it needs to be adjusted to swing out a bit more? If so about how far should it extend?

Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang!
For those of you who are having “clunky upper flipper syndrome” where you can’t make the shot ... I have the fix (at least it was the fix for mine).
The flipper was not performing a full “stroke” because it was adjusted wrong underneath. If you look at the first picture, taken with the game off and the flipper “at rest”, you can see the crank-link-assembly (does JJ still call it that?) is not up against the rubber. It’s not allowing for a full stroke of the flipper. On my game it was causing a clunky shot that never made the left ramp.
I loosened the nut, pushed the flipper “out” so it will NOW rest-up against the rubber (second picture, make sure the actual flipper itself rests against the metal guide behind it) ... tighten the nut, and it now allows for a FULL flipper stroke. And now the shot is amazingly SMOOTH as butter.
I hope this helps!

Probably whats wrong with your flipper op....i figured it wasnt going up high enough and this cld be the culprit.

#1084 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

I've had the table for a mere 2 months and the rubber slingshots are already showing extreme wear. Is this normal? I'd say I'm a casual player, maybe an hour every other day?

Imo they used to small of a rubber on them (2in)i believe ....i changed mine out with 2.5 and they are much better.

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

LE#501 made it home today! Aside from a scratch on the side of the head, a cracked QED lightning bolt, and balls that look like they’ve been in a High Speed since 1988, everything is great. Theatre magnet, trap door, upper flipper all working great. The game is a huge hit with the family!
My only question is, what are these two screws for that came in the cash box with the tilt bob, balls, and hex wrench:

Screws are To attach a price card bracket to apron.... what hex wrench? Jjp will send u a new bolt also.

#1092 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Note that this may cause the left inlane to catch the ball since the rubber will not be stretched as far and therefore be "fatter".

I haven't had that happen at all since putting 2.5 ones on.

#1093 1 year ago

What hex wrench am i missing and what is it for?

#1095 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Used to lock the head down when up and in position. It goes in a hole in the back. Crank/turn to lock or unlock.
LTG : )

O ok i call that a giant allen key not wrench lol. Thanks

#1098 1 year ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Maybe I should have said Allen wrench. Sorry for the confusion.
But I think the terms are interchangeable.

Regardless i think mine was missing which y i wasnt sure what u were talking about lol....but had a extra on hand.

#1160 1 year ago

Just got to chaos in quantum city again and wow ..... the lightshow makes it very hard to see anything (which i love) its almost like a strobe effect with every color. Seems to be a 4 or 5 ball mb with every shot being a jackpot? Still not real sure whats going on lol bc its so crazy. Any other testers get to this mode?

#1176 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I don't have immediate access to the game but here are my flipper strengths I fine tuned.

Wow thats some high numbers ... have my game at 7.0 with factory settings and make every shot very easily.

#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Party is on...dialed in is not... Game won't detect that there are 5 balls in the through. Now it keep sspeewing balls out. I've reset the connectors and nothing. Suggestions would be appreciated. Also note that in the test the switches show green as in ok.

Had same thing happen little bit ago.... i rebooted and all is good now....

#1194 1 year ago

Has to be something easy imo.... ugh im sorry man. It wld n a huge hit at the party imo

#1204 1 year ago

Are the jjp trough boards similar to wpc ones?

#1214 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Doesn't it depend on the mode and scenario?

Sometimes mine throws to pops /skill shot area and sometimes to upper flipper. Then it also just drops it sometimes

#1225 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Spoiler alert! Here's a look at Chaos in Quantum City, the new Dialed In mini-wizard mode:
» YouTube video

How does it compare to showdown or Armageddon? I thought chaos was awesome with one the best lightshows ive ever seen. Ill probably never see the other wizard modes lol.

#1231 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think I'm gonna put my pursuit for a dialed in on hold after seeing this; or at the very least, until I play it again. Showdown, Armageddon, and it appears chaos, are all great modes - I've down showdown once and Armageddon twice. They're very creative, unique, and coded well. But, they're just making the game more and more linear and removing chunks of breadth. So now it would appear, a home owner, will be playing chaos too often making it a little too repetitive and even prolonging their quest to Armageddon.
It would have been great if there were two separate paths to take to achieve one or the other mini wizard modes (chaos & Armageddon); all while having a chance to qualify showdown without even playing either of the mini wizard modes. Use the bob modes or other aspects of the game to qualify chaos forcing the player down those paths if they want to risk qualifying it; Breadth.
The game seems to be getting too centered and weighted down on the phone start scoop; no?

Have over 600 games on mine in the past few months and game is still just as great as it was day 1. Im glad they added the chaos mode bc ill probably never c the other wizard modes. Ive only seen chaos twice in 2 weeks ..guess i have my game set up to difficult lol. What a great game and my favorite by far since being in this hobby. Cant wait to c what else is added in future updates but its dam good now

#1237 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Has anyone found a similarity with DI to the rules of Lawlor's RBION?
(Sim cards equal Ripleys letters, Disasters equal Continents, Showdown equals Atlantis, etc?)

Owned rbion and got rid of it quickly. Di is much better player and so much more going on. But i guess i cld see some similarities but i also see similarities from many of pats other pins in di. Its a mesh of all of pats hits over the last 30 years.

#1247 1 year ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Of course during my high score game

Lol

#1266 1 year ago

Turn that flipper power down some and add a few washers under the wireform. It will calm down after playing a bit also. What angle u at?

#1267 1 year ago

Other than that what do u think of it? What code r u running?

#1323 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Why should I spoil it for you?

Been playing new code for 2 weeks and still can't figure out what overcharge does....

#1348 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone fitted something here to stop this ball haungup?

Just hit the side of the pin where the ball is at

#1349 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

My upper flipper only goes to 20 max. Is this like everyone else?

Got mine at factory 15 and its plenty strong...

#1351 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Nah, couldn't dislodge it, was a glass off moment.

Mine has went there many times when i first got my pin... a bump against the cab at the ball spot easily put it in the shooter lane. Yours must been very wedged

#1358 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

What does everyone think of the JJP scoops protectors? They are much thicker than cliffys, a few of us who got machines this week in the UK are noticing ball damage and scratches on the playfield. Not sure if the balls had these imperfections before playing or if these protectors are causing it ( or something else causing it? ).

The protectors are not going to do anything to the ball ...the ball is always hitting metal . The balls the game came with were not that good so put better ones in it.

#1376 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Two days in, and I'm loving this game. Best light show I've seen yet!
Couple questions:
1) I put a rubber bumper under the left ramp, and although it now does not skip over the wireform, it does hop over the the inner lane, not the outter lane that the wireform is located on. Any suggestions?
2) Sometimes when I start my game, the mechanics hand is up, other times, it's down. I played one game yesterday where the arm was down, and the balls just got stuck there. Ball search did nothing to help. Any ideas?
3) My game is leveled at 6.5 and 0 degrees across, however when the ball gets held by the theatre magnet, and it releases it, it's straight down the middle with n chance to save. Really kills the flow. What can I do about this?
Thanks!

Arm/diverter is down when lock is lit
Your theater magnet needs ajusted... set it to -100/-120...

#1383 1 year ago
Quoted from Connor:

Where can I get some of these super shiny carbon balls?

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

+1! Put a seperate post out to find out who supplies them

Pinball wizard is where i ordered from.... very happy with the quality.

#1446 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I finally had a chance to play a DI LE and there are things I really liked and some I didn't.
The light show is fantastic and I really loved the multi color LED flash dome on the left side. That was really, really cool!
The game shoots pretty good and the software seems pretty good as well.
Overall construction seemed to be very nice.
The hologram is excellent.
But....
My #1 complaint would have been the flippers. They felt very spongy and a bit slow to react. Backhanding the left ramp was almost impossible. But, I assume some settings and adjustments can help?
The holo building routinely dropped balls back SDTM
The playfield inserts. Some looked to have some kind of strange defect. It looked like a bubble under mylar, except there's no mylar. Or maybe it was glue on the bottom of the insert.
Overall
It's a very nice game and fun to play. The total package is exceptional and I could maybe see myself owning one some day.
Rob

The flippers and the sdtm and be fixed.

#1452 1 year ago

Have my game at 7.0 bc iike them less floaty. Game plays great and is very fast and difficult.

#1454 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Mine is at the second line on the bubble, but if I throw my phone on the PF I get 9 degrees. Which seems wrong.

For sure lol..... mine at 7.0 is at third line.

#1469 1 year ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

I just found this crazy bug on the new code, the score just constantly gets higher and higher and higher without a switch being hit. My daughter was playing at the time but you can see in the video I will link
» YouTube video

What were the circumstances?

#1532 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Online. Right out of the box, my diverter wasn't working, B.O.B scoop not closing, wireform does not hold ball and instead hops over into drain, phone scoop ejecting balls super fast one shot, then super slow down the middle the next, two snapped rubbers, the pf is so tight to the cab, that put it back into the the resting position almost takes force that feels like you're going to chipped off the edge of the wood, and of course, those annoying metal protectors that rejects shots more than they protect anything.
I've bought three games NIB, and I've had issues with all unfortunately. I think I have shitty luck with pins. But CGC was so quick to provide support, that I got things up and running quickly. Pretty disappointed with all the issues I have to now work through to get this game running after paying as much as I did!

Unfortunately jjp wont be able to help much with these minor issues/ajustments. Most of these fixes are documented well in this forum.

#1556 1 year ago

Felt sld be used as there is a chance the legs will damage the decals.... especially on the front.

#1599 1 year ago

I can make the sim shot from upper flipper.... its difficult but can be done.. i have cliffys on my game.

#1605 1 year ago

Allready changed my sling rubbers and lots of mini post ones with really good white rubber i use on all my pins. Well its all ready started to get beat up also after few hundred games. Only pin ive ever seen this happen on so fast.... they really take a beating.

#1616 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Wish I would have had your advice earlier. The damage below happened yesterday evening. Game has 76 plays...manufactured 5 months ago. So sad. Since the phone scoop has a VUK, it makes no sense the SIM hole is more fragile. I've owned many Stern & B/W pins and have never had anything like this happen. Considering the difficulty of installing the SIM protector, I was planning on doing it after 100 plays (I typically do a mini-shop job every 100 plays). The design of this hole must be flawed in some way. If not, then the wood is just way more fragile than the Stern & B/W pins I've owned. My KISS Premium has hundreds of plays and no protection and there is almost no damage (since even thin Cliffies make the shot impossible given the size of the hole). And it's a VUK!
Considering the situation, it's unfortunate that JJP didn't release a strongly worded bulletin that emphasized the fragility of the SIM hole and urgency to install the protectors. If they did, I didn't get the message unfortunately. Don't know how many machines they shipped without protectors...mine is LE #96. For every other pin I've owned, damage to unprotected holes/VUKS was much more gradual/incremental. Sigh. I love this machine and feel awful.

Unfortunately its a bad design bc of the shape and the edges aren't angled like phone scoop . Good news is cliffy will cover it easily and install in 15 min....

#1618 1 year ago

It sld cover most and u sldnt b able to tell bc of where its located...20171118_200401 (resized).jpg

#1625 1 year ago

Some pics of afmr (before stock protector) and mmr.... 9c4c291953aa971e9ca6717a064a7a5f02b5bb80 (resized).jpgf0ed643c6fcfa7183c389ac19713f915abfa7b8c (resized).jpg

#1627 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Bingo. Similar MMr pics and recent Stern chipping pics out there, too.

Yea i have some stern pics somewhere....

#1648 1 year ago

Ive owned restored pins with playfields (mm, mb, ss) redone by the big name restorers and they were very nice but without mantis/cliffy protectors they also developed cracking at the edges of scoops and vuks....so i installed protectors before playing anymore.

#1661 1 year ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

mine does this too except with the SIM card. When i turn the game on it says the SIM card door is open. But after i play a game, it is fine.

Sim card door? There isnt one?

#1692 1 year ago

Love chaos mb .... amazing lightshow and dont last real long . Plus ill never see the others the way my game plays lol.

#1738 1 year ago

Just played bunch ganes and during emp mine goes to left flipper unless magnet interferes. My game is set at 7.0 which may help it fall faster and helping.

#1750 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Not nonsense. An opto wouldn't have been much worse of a fit than the wire switch that's there now (look how tight it is underneath the PF), and it would have been less trouble out of the box. Pat is brilliant, but he's not batting 1.000. Pretending he can do no wrong helps no one. He makes obvious mistakes, like the stupid headphone jack relocation at your knees on Dialed In that makes no sense and the thick hole protectors that are not better than what was already available. If no one tells him those were a miss, he'll keep doing it thinking he's on the right track, which in certain cases, he's not.

Theres no room for optos on the topside in that area unfortunately bc of the way its designed.... the way it is is the way it had to be.

#1753 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'll look at it again, but I'm pretty sure when I spent a week on and off adjusting it so it worked every time perfectly I checked to see if there was room for optos, and there was a way. What's there now sucks. Fine once you get it adjusted, but adjusting initially is a PAIN.

I believe tz rocket switch and fh skill shot use the same set up also.... so there must be another reason on top of not much room topside . My machine has been great so far after 800 games. The left side wall of the skill shot is also the right side of the theater wall ...so no way to put a opto on that side unfortunately.

#1773 1 year ago

Dile=best pin released in last 20+ years imo....

#1777 1 year ago

Ive owned tons of b/w pins and many top stern pins.... dile is that much better and only game i play since i bought it. So much so im selling off most of my collection bc everything else just isnt as fun to play...

#1795 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've been working on my magnet behavior without much success. It's important to know there are 2 primary magnet behaviors..."catch and release" and "catch and toss". The setting you are altering effects the "toss" backwards behavior (which works fine on my machine). You can test your using the Theatre Magnet Test diagnostic (https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0dGrhkPxG2TCix).
The "catch and release" is what burns me. Here is some more info on the topic: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jersey-jack-pinball-woz/F_TTrGjIixo
At this point, constant drains are the only remaining annoyance with my machine. Otherwise, it's shooting great now (after many tweaks which I will soon post).
snaroff

Maybe lean the pin slightly to the left? Just raise the back right leg a thread or two? Just enough to drop ball to tip of left flipper.

#1798 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Hmmm, my catch and release action always drops the ball to the edge of the right flipper. Only very, very rarely will the ball drain SDTM. I made sure my playfield was very level when I set it up. I assume, by design, it should drop to the flipper and not sdtm.
Perhaps your playfield has some anomilious warpage? Just a thought.

Weird... mine drops to left... lol

#1800 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Right, Left, SDTM...not very deterministic On average, I lose 1 ball per game to "catch and release".
Seems to have gotten worse with 1.5, though Ted claims this part of the code hasn't been modified.
It would be useful to hear from JJP regarding what the pin is designed to do.
snaroff

Maybe pat l will chime in and let us know what it was designed to do...

#1812 1 year ago
Quoted from jardine:

What do you mean settle down? He says the pitch is at 6.5? have all new owners experienced this? Seems very unusual for a NIB to have these sort of geometry issues straight out of the box??

Mine did it every now and then for first 100 games or so and has since stopped.

#1823 1 year ago
Quoted from venom112:

Finally took the plunge and ordered an LE. Game looks amazing I think this will be a classic machine it is so different than any other game. So much variety. The unlicensed theme is what I like about it I think it really shows off the creativity of the game and the software. Can’t wait to get it!

Its a masterpiece.....

#1876 1 year ago

New code is great and the sound is much better now

#1915 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ok. Question and I'm sure it's all over the place but I will ask anyway. What is the very best settings for:
Both lower flippers
Upper right flipper
Phone scoop kickout
Theatre strength
I'm just trying to get dialed in.

Stock settings are fine for me....and my pin is at 7.0 and flippers are plenty strong...

1 week later
#1998 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Haha again... Where do you guys generally take your measurement? In line with where bubble is, or top of slings?
The pf generally decreases in slope the higher you go.

Take mine above flippers and have my dile set to 7.0...

#2007 1 year ago

Played 3 dile including mine and ball falls to left flipper....

1 week later
#2093 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

I also get a lot of side drains coming from the slings. Usually bounces off the left sling and directly into the right drain.
I get at least one of these every game I play. Is this normal?

Thsts the point of the slings? To be evil and make the game harder?

#2094 1 year ago
Quoted from attack7:

I just got mine yesterday and it came with that protector. The one I've played on location has no protector, and it's definitely harder to hit the shot than without, but I can't speak to how much harder or easier it is than an earlier model. I ordered Cliffy's and intend to install them.
Interestingly, there's a new plastic on mine over the left inlane return from the habitrail. I'm guessing to keep fast shots from bouncing out.

Thats a interesting fix..... lol

#2097 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know man, I have a ticket open now because the ball goes between the Flippers a lot... Not cool JJP!!

I was wondering why i cant get to deep into this pin.... the slings and hole between my flippers are wrong......

#2099 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it's a great game, but there are tons of flaws. I have a phone meeting with Jack and the team today hopefully I can get in their ear aboot some unpleasantness. I spent a lot for this game, and the other say in MB one of my flippers stopped working and started shaking. Wtf?!? I thought me and my machine were teamates but sometimes I feel like the goddamn thing is working against me!

Lol....

#2147 1 year ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I assume the default is medium, is it not? It is pretty exaggerated now, lots of dancing, reversal of direction, defying gravity, etc. If that is low, I don't want to see medium or high!

U have put it on medium.....had mine on medium since day 2.... does some crazy stuff

#2156 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Congrats!
Is that your GC of 4.7 Mil?
If so, and you just got the game, then I am convinced I suck balls at pinball! hahaha

Every pin plays different and is set up different.... played a few dile and mine is by far the most difficult. I have it at 7.0 with magnets set to medium . Also kickback set more difficult and harder to get extra balls. U cant compare scores on different pins since all are different .

#2218 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Am I missing something... I have hit 1 million once or twice, and you guys are blowing it up.
I feel like I'm decent at most games I play, but maybe I'm missing something on DI!

Nope ..like i said before every game is different and we don't know how others are set up. Have over 1200 games on mine and highest score is only 3 million or so. Most sims collected is 4 and most modes completed is 8. My gane is brutal as hell at 7.0 degrees, very sensitive slings and drone magnet, otber magnets set on medium, waxed regularly, kickback on difficult, extra balls more difficult and the most u can get is 3 in a game also the ball save is only 4 seconds. Most games are below 1 million and last 4 minutes on mine. Every once in a while ill get the sim shot dialed in and thsts when i have my best games.

#2229 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Sensitive slings are a must, out of the factory the switch gaps on everything are massive. Every switch need to be gapped down. Tighten your switches esp on the slings and your game will be much harder.

For sure.... i gap everything as close as possible which really speeds up the game .... that drone magnet does some neat tricks lol.

#2265 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

In what JJP documentation does it tell us the recommended leveling for this game. Doesn't seem to be in the online manual, although they does mention a torpedo level as a required set up took.

All modern pins are designed for the standard 6.5 slope.... but are adjustable to your personal liking. I perfer mine less floaty so 7.0-7.5 is where i put my pins.

#2322 1 year ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Just realized I'm missing the shaker during game play. Works in test. Is there a setting that I'm missing or is it infrequently used in the game?

Its used a fair amount.... maybe turn it up a little?

#2325 1 year ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Yep -- turned up a bit and noticed it. Just too engaged in the gameplay with the first few games.

Yep totally.... put mine on medium and big difference from stock settings....

#2332 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

After the updated to 1.5x, did the extra ball handouts change? Before upgrading, I was pretty frequently getting 2 extra balls in a game, and since, I've only ever earned 1.
Extra balls definitely would help get me to Armageddon, but have no idea how they're earned.

Combo eb was changed to 35 instead of 25.... also u get a,extra ball after starting 3 modes.

#2368 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

I've heard a lot of people mention that the proper way to set up DI is to put all of the levellers in. But tonight I was downloading the 1.52 Delta, and stumbled on the Quick Start Guide by accident, and noticed this in the corner.
There were also some people saying that JJP does not suggest how to level it, and that PL had mentioned the ideal setup at some point. I think this pretty much shows that likes most games, 6.5 degrees is ideal, and you can't do that with the legs all in.

Mine was at 6.5 with legs in..... i like it at 7 tho and my bubble is at the third line.....

#2389 1 year ago
Quoted from Portal_Pinball:

I know I've missed it somewhere.
We just got a DI standard at Portal and I'm almost 100% positive when I got the game the magnet almost always grabbed the ball and threw it on around the orbit after it was held a moment to the upper flipper. Giving you a side ramp shot. Now after a couple weeks it never does this behavior and actually the ball just sticks to it and we have to give it a subtle shake and it comes straight down. Sometime down the middle. The game will actually go into a ball search often because newer players dont know its stuck. It seems the mylar over the magnet is buckling up a bit and causing this issue. Are you all removing the mylar off the magnets? I notice the drone area is kind of doing it too. I just really like the magnet throwing it around for the upper flipper shot and now its like meh... its stuck shake it and try and save.
Overall though I absolutely love this game. It's my favorite of all the games I have.

Yep the mylar sld be cut around magnets or it will cause issues

#2417 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Nope, pure luck on my game and I’m a decent player. Only way it gets into sim hole is an indirect shot/bounce. Most I’ve ever had in a game is 2 or 3. It’s a poorly designed shot. I agree it shouldn’t be easy, which I why I don’t carry it over, but it has to be better than luck.

I had a few games where i was nailing the sim shot while going for the ramp lock lol.... must hit it 5 times in a row. Its very late on the upper flipper but is very makeable...

#2425 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Armageddon? can't collect more than 2 sim cards...
who plays with 5 balls, and keeping sim card shot for next ball?

U only got to get threw the modes to see Armageddon.... if u really wanna c it u cld time out the modes but then its not worth much. Showdown is the hard to get to wizard mode.... most ive collected is 4 or 5 letters

#2431 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Regarding SIM card shot. I’ve played 2 different DI’s.
First did not have any type of scoop protector and I was hitting SIM shot without too much trouble. I blew that game up for 10+ mil and got to showdown.
The second had the JJP protector and the shot seemed to be Much tougher. I was only able to collect a few SIM cards and only able to get as far as Armageddon.
If I owned the game, I’d be very tempted to remove the protector. Have any owners done this and noticed a difference (for the better) with the success of the shot?

Played mine for a while with no protector and then added it later.... no real difference imo.

#2441 1 year ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Just started having STDM from the theater. Adjusted the magnet to -60, no effect. Up until the last 20 games, it would nudge the ball after catching it 100% of the time

It sld throw it back..... turn to -90/-120....

#2444 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone know if owners are getting printed repair books like Woz ?

Le and ce owners are supposed to......

#2445 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Have you tried the "TEST LAB" setting? Works great on my machine...highly recommend.
snaroff

Dont work well on mine at all

#2453 1 year ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Test lab and game play results are totally different. Test lab will nudge the ball after release, in gameplay it will go stdm. I even made sure it saved the setting at -60. I'll probably go a bit more towards the negative side as was suggested. Didn't really want the ball to be tossed over to the side flipper which is what happened if I went towards 90

Its supposed to be tossed over to upper flipper

#2478 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Hey guys! New DILE owner! My game arrived today and was built 1/15/18. The game arrived perfect and playes well. I have the factory cliffies and have not found any issues in hitting either hole, however I do prefer banking the SIM card shot off the target to the left and right of the theatre.
With that said. I do have some questions for everyone. When I cancel multiball and continue to play, when I lose a ball and then at about to start playing the next ball, it will not allow me to cancel out. I have to play the ball and then start multiball to get back to qualifying modes.... this seems wrong, is this normal behavior?

Only one opportunity to cancel mb and start a mode with it......thats how it sld be imo. If u screw up u sldnt get another chance .

#2504 1 year ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Two of the LEDs around my DI's phone seemed to have gone dead. They don't come on in test mode either. I reseated the CAT5 cables on both ends, no change. Should I just open a ticket and get some new LEDs?

Gonna need a whole new phone more than likely..... jjp will take care of u .

#2536 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

So then this is not normal? This is not what the pf should look like if clean balls were used?
I used the balls that were included with my game.

Yea they suck.... had same issue untill i put new balls in..

#2537 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Understandable, I was too. I caught mine with only a few scratches and you can't really see them unless you look closely. Someone else said they successfully polished most of them out ( probably with novus ).

Yea most mine buffed out when i waxed it....

#2548 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

I guess we'll see. I'm not trying to be a hard ass. The game is barely used, and this extent of damage is unacceptable.

Put new balls in and Wax the thing ...then play the hell out of it..... its not gonna effect gameplay and overtime the playfield will become dull and u wont be able to even tell. These new pins with super shiny clear doesn't stay that way for long from my experience.

#2560 1 year ago

Just looked at my playfield with bright light and its much worse than yours .... i have 1300 games in mine tho. You cant see it unless u bring a bright light out at a certain angle. To me it looks like normal clearcoat scratches just like all my other pins if u look at them a certain way . Im not really to worried about it as i dont expect the clearcoat to stay super shiny and unscathed. Its there for protection which is what its doing imo. Yea scratches suck but that's what happens with a metal bal whipping around l on clearcoat. Heck if you use a paper towel on your car it scratches the clearcoat lol.....

#2563 1 year ago