IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bellagio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3634 5 years ago

Hey guys, I’m about to join the club, picking up an LE from a local guy this week. Just wanted to see if you guys could give me a few tips on things to look for, issues, etc. I’ve played it a few times and everything looks great but I figured you guys who’ve owned it for a while know the specifics. Thanks!

#3641 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Hey Bellagio, DI is an awesome pin.
On my LE, there’s a few things which I’ve had done right away:
Cut the mylar away around the magnets (or they will likely bubble over time).
Ensure you have the Cliffy style protectors on the SIM card and Phone scoops to protect against chipping. These are thinner protectors than the first installed JJP protectors.
Lubricate the mechanism under the trap-door mech to aide with it not sticking.
I also installed new balls right from the get go.
You may also need to tweak a few more things along the way but nothing major.
Have a blast- it’s one of our faves.

Thanks man. I believe it has full Cliffy’s but I will definitely check that, the mylar and the trap door issue. Appreciate the help! I’ll post a pic when I get it.

#3642 5 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

There are all sorts of things you may need to do. Start on page one of this thread-- and go from there lol. I've read 'em all- and wished I had before I started posting my issues

No doubt I got lots of reading to do

1 week later
#3832 5 years ago

I’m officially in the club!

3F2761DF-8421-4286-A380-744F59A3584C (resized).jpeg3F2761DF-8421-4286-A380-744F59A3584C (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#4145 5 years ago

Mine is blue with orange

D4CABD96-442D-4B75-9725-671061A629B5 (resized).jpegD4CABD96-442D-4B75-9725-671061A629B5 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#5080 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

My trap door flap snapped off today....how difficult is it to replace. It looks like it is riveted . Will I need to replace the trap door?

Yep, same thing happened to me. Call JJP and they will send you a new door. It’s a little bit of a pain to put in but nothing horrible. Since you will have the trap door opener mech off it’s also a good opportunity to check and adjust the opening height, if necessary.

1 month later
#5335 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Waiting for a new drone since one broke down. Anyone exchanged their drones (mine is the bottom left) and can share tips on how to do it?

It’s not very hard. The wires just run from the drone through a hole in the pf and plug in to a board underneath. The longest part is taking off the plastics to get to the wiring. Just be sure to have some small zip ties available to secure the new wiring.

1 week later
#5442 5 years ago

Just arrived in the mail!

FCE5341A-FDB6-4967-B62E-582FBD79889E (resized).jpegFCE5341A-FDB6-4967-B62E-582FBD79889E (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#5634 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I just installed the Mantis protector a few days ago. Very nice quality and doesn't interfere with shooting the scoop or the kick out from the scoop. I have the Cliffy style protectors that I will use if I notice any surface wear. I haven't installed the SIM card protectors yet, but those will go on eventually. I'm afraid it'll prevent roll-ins though, since that scoop is damn hard to hit.

I’ve had the same experience with the Mantis protector. I have also been looking closely for any signs of wear, but nothing so far. I like it because a slow roll falls in easily.

#5645 5 years ago

I had the opportunity to play one with the new code at Expo. I can’t say anything was drastically different. The changes are pretty subtle. Scoring seems a little more balanced as far as crazy modes and multiball. I couldn’t even get close to the new theatre multiball. The JJP rep told me that they also added some more character animations. Didn’t hear of any problems with it.

#5647 5 years ago

Honestly, I didn’t get a whole lot of plays on it since I wanted to play other games at the show and didn’t want to stand in line to play a game that I have at home... I’m sure I’ll see plenty of things that I missed when I get to sit down and really play it.

#5652 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Subtle changes you say? But then you mentioned balance on crazy modes and multiball, which were the biggest and nearly the only complaints! THAT'S HUUUGE! I used to avoid starting crazy modes and multiballs, unless I needed a sim card or assistance with a mode, and now I can look forward to playing them! That's the best update ever! There's nothing subtle about any of that.
This game felt nearly complete for me, and my only other complaint was the animations on the phone, which they are still working on. This game is already fantastic, and the few more additions are only making it even better. QTMB? Yes please, because now the skill shots and spider/train/drone/kilowatt targets are worth something too! Instead of focusing on finishing modes for points, there are now a plethora of areas in which to earn points. Strategy = Widened.
I can't wait for this download...

I see your point. Don’t get me wrong, I’m also happy that the update is coming out. By “subtle” I just meant that the game play felt pretty much the same as what I was used to. Since I almost always go after mb and crazy modes anyway (I think they’re fun), with the new code now you are just properly rewarded for them.

The QT multiball is a major change, however, it appears to be pretty difficult to achieve.

3 weeks later
#6192 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

So how good do you think the speakers are on DI? Any reason to upgrade?

I had briefly considered this when I got the machine. I found that the aftermarket guys (Flipper Fidelity and Pinball Pro) don’t make speaker kits for JJP. Not sure why. Maybe JJP uses better quality speakers in their machines than other manufacturers?

I doubt that it would make that much of a difference anyway. It doesn’t have a great soundtrack like some of the music pins so I just stuck with the factory setup.

1 month later
#6588 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

$20 is downright cheap if you consider the cost of most "mods". No mylar on mine...scoop has 0 damage.
snaroff

Same here. I tried bending the cliffy and that only made it worse. The Mantis protector is the way to go!

1 week later
#6765 5 years ago

Just wanted to put this out to you guys to check the QED motor assembly under the playfield next time you are doing routine maintenance.

My QED guy starting acting weird, he would go to the right but would stop halfway on the way back and just sit there. I checked the system menu and got an error message to check QED. During testing I saw that the metal tab in the motor assembly that triggers the left opto was pushing on the opto, not going between the sensors like it is supposed to. I looked around and noticed a bolt laying in the bottom of the cabinet. I figured out that the bolt came out of the side of the assembly that holds the metal bar in place that the QED slides back and forth on. I guess somehow the bolt worked it’s way out or wasn’t screwed in all the way at the factory.

Might just be a fluke on my machine, but still worth checking and tightening.

D56C9202-D8CD-4A78-87F3-E713BAB24645 (resized).jpegD56C9202-D8CD-4A78-87F3-E713BAB24645 (resized).jpeg235F6AFB-322D-4BA7-9F56-4E00EDC5EA7F (resized).jpeg235F6AFB-322D-4BA7-9F56-4E00EDC5EA7F (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 22.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bellagio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=bellagio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.