Topic Stats

• 9,070 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by NightTrain
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DI CLIP (resized).jpg
DI1 (resized).jpg
DI2 (resized).jpg
DI4 (resized).jpg
69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg
568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg
diflash (resized).jpg
99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg
di-decals-sample (resized).jpg
decals4 (resized).jpg
decals2 (resized).jpg
decals1 (resized).jpg
decals0 (resized).jpg
E7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpeg
20190828_143115 (resized).jpg
20190814_142930 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (1 year ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (1 year ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (1 year ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (1 year ago)

Post #1253 Velcro fix for right ramp hangup Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #1258 Detailed pictures for adjusting a misbehaving trap door Posted by foobeer (1 year ago)

Post #1332 Getting access to computer in backbox on Dialed In Posted by hank527 (1 year ago)

Post #1347 Ball trap location. Posted by Kevlar (1 year ago)

Post #1377 Fix for USB at the coin door not working Posted by Pinhead1982 (1 year ago)

Post #1391 Fix for Tilt Bob not working all of a sudden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1431 Adjustment point to grease for trap door to operate smoothly Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Adjusting arm on Quantum Mechanic Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2507 How to get in backbox to check audio connections Posted by pinstadium (1 year ago)

Post #2661 DIY Lighting how-to for sides of Dialed In backglass Posted by lyonsden (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider attack7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#987 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ill do another video soon with newest code .... Hopefully i have a better game .....

Thanks for the video, Big D - was anxious to see it.

#1043 1 year ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Just joined the club.... and now have to immediately go to a high school band concert without powering the game up. ARRRGGHGHGHHH

Awesome, I've got one coming to Raleigh as well

1 month later
#2092 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Has anybuddy tried the new phone scoop protector from JJP with the front cut out. Does this make the shot easier? Does cliffy make one like this? Is the cliffy’s still the better option?
http://159.203.76.48/di/DI%20Smartphone%20Scoop%20Protector.pdf

I just got mine yesterday and it came with that protector. The one I've played on location has no protector, and it's definitely harder to hit the shot than without, but I can't speak to how much harder or easier it is than an earlier model. I ordered Cliffy's and intend to install them.

Interestingly, there's a new plastic on mine over the left inlane return from the habitrail. I'm guessing to keep fast shots from bouncing out.

IMG_2189 (resized).jpg

#2130 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Nice to see JJP provide protection against bounce outs, but that is one ugly enclosure! After adjusting my wireform yesterday, I haven't had any bounce outs. Might want to try adjusting the wireform and playing without it if the enclosure bothers you.
snaroff

It certainly looks obnoxious in the picture, but it's completely invisible when you're playing it. Hasn't bothered me a bit. But I also know I can take it off and things will likely be fine...

#2195 1 year ago

Is anyone else's Betty arm slow to move down? When I start the game and the motor test happens, the arm will move up, but then not fall down when the motor turns that way. Eventually, it will start to move, but sometimes her arm sticks up a bit.

Any adjustments I could check to free up movement?

#2198 1 year ago

Thank you LTG and damien - will check those things out.

#2280 1 year ago

This is maybe a question for check_switch_26 -- what is it that "unlocks" disaster apps to be available on the phone? The game always starts with the same four or five, but I'm wondering what the mechanism is that makes the other disasters available? Score? QED hits? Time? Cosmic rays?

Anyone know?

#2282 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I believe it's the number of sim cards collected ' your phone has been upgraded to level 2 ' etc....

Not quite what I'm asking, as you can access all disaster modes without completing any, and therefore collecting no SIM cards.... just wondering what it is that gives you access to some less common disasters, like Tidal Wave, which is never one of the first ones available...

#2285 1 year ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

It's pretty simple, actually. Play disaster modes to enable the other ones. The modes are in tiers, but shuffled around a bit randomly each game. The idea is that some of the modes are more likely to happen only when you are deeper in, and having a "good" game. Also, we wanted some of the foreground damage in the city to be more likely to happen before the background damage so that you can actually see it.
--Ted

Thanks Ted!

#2308 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thanks, but to me it seemed that the connector had the holes in each slot and it was not keyed. I have to use my eyeglasses tomorrow after we have carried it downstairs and look more closely. I have to say this JJP had many more connectors to remove in comparison to Hobbit for example. It almost felt like a WPC95-machine connectorwise!

I had the same trouble (it was the one connector I didn't take a picture of), and it is not keyed. I had to trace the wires to the front of the cabinet to make sure they were even audio.

I believe the black wires go off to the right as seen on your picture, but I'll check when I get home.

#2358 1 year ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

Yes, that's was I was thinking too, so I went ahead and just made a smaller, less noticeable one with wire. I may try and print a small piece of plastic to 'snap' on the top portion to extended it back a little, something even smaller and easier than the formed wire method.

I do like the wire solution.

However, as the owner of a hideous plastic shell, I can tell you that in person, you literally don't see it. Not because your eye isn't looking there, but because it's so clear and so well integrated, it's practically like invisiglass. The picture I took is intentionally up close so you can see the edges and lines of it...

May as well have JJP send you a free one to decide for yourself...

2 weeks later
#2687 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hi guys, just received LE #822. So far we love it! One issue though.
About 50% of the times I power up the machine, the sub-woofer doesn't work, and has a continuous popping sound. Usually if I power cycle it from there it starts to work fine.
Anyone seen this? Is there a fix?
Also during boot there is a lot of "electrical" noise that bleeds into the speakers. Like it's not shielded? And when the machine is idle I hear a constant "hiss". Normal?

onthesnap I had this problem with my Hobbit. In the backbox are the wires that go to the speakers. Open up the CPU box, and find the RCA connector that goes to the subwoofer. The one on my Hobbit wasn't soldered particularly well, but wiggling it a bit let me get it to a spot where it was always working. If you discover that's the problem, JJP will send you a new cable.

3 weeks later
#2976 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

*** Head Removal on DI: Has Anyone Attempted? ***

I took the head off of mine to move it as well. Intimidating if you've never worked on a pin before, but very similar to doing the same thing for a Bally/Williams game. I took a bunch of pictures and used a sharpie on the connectors to make sure every connector had a number going with it. Probably 45 minutes to take it apart and another 45 minutes to put it back together.

You will need a second person to help get the backbox reattached... the head is quite heavy.

#2991 1 year ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Looks like the online manual was recently updated. Hopefully code update will follow.

Are there going to be more code updates? The game seems pretty "done" to me.

3 weeks later
#3235 1 year ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

It is stereo, if not then a cable is not plugged all the way in.
ddt

mamemaster - this happened to me because I plugged that cable in your picture into the motherboard the wrong way. Rotate it 180 degrees and it should be OK again.

But daudioguy is right too - if the headhphone cable isn't in all the way you're only going to get one ear's worth.

BTW, this game sounds amazing through headphones. The detail daudioguy got in there is so good.

#3258 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

How difficult is it to remove the backbox on Dialed In? Tempted to get one but I’d need to remove the backbox to get it in and I have no idea how that works on JJP machines.

Very similar to a WPC game. Taking a lot of pictures, labeling everything, it took about an hour to remove and an hour to put back on being careful about everything.

#3304 1 year ago
Quoted from venom112:

Anyone know when the next code update will drop? Any details as to new modes or changes? Code is good as is but just curious what’s to come?

On a recent Buffalo Pinball stream there was also mention of some upgrade to the way the theatre drops/spinner, etc work.

1 month later
#3739 1 year ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Completed disaster modes boosts Armageddon jackpot scores. Chaos MB jackpot scores also factor in the number of completed modes.
So, you can sandbag your way through to Armageddon, but you won't get much of a payback scoring-wise.
--Ted

check_switch_26 Is there any penalty for using Big Bang to complete modes vs. completing all the shots?

#3786 1 year ago

Fun fact, selfie mode was a primary influencer in getting me to eat better and exercise more. Not kidding

1 month later
#4502 1 year ago

I was thinking this weekend that the overcharge feature on mode start is really cool, and think it would be neat to bring the idea to Big Bang as well. A concept of overcharging Big Bang into a "Bigger Bang" and "Biggest Bang" - perhaps with a percentage increase on score collect if you can avoid hitting the target...

Just an idea to throw out there

2 months later
#5107 1 year ago
Quoted from BigStiffy:

I'm thinking about adding an external sub to my Dialed In. For those that have done this, does it improve the audio at all? Is there a way to hook up a subwoofer cable directly to the computer, or do I need to plan on using one of those low pass filters connected to the cabinet speaker?

I did this by connecting speaker wire directly to the woofer in the base of the cabinet (it's already filtered) - the speaker has a couple tabs that work with crimp-on connectors, so no soldering or permanent modification is necessary. Ran the wire out one of the holes in the back of the cabinet -- was very easy, and makes for a very nice upgrade.

2 months later
#6195 10 months ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

In my book a Polk PSW505 per game is a basic pin ownership ground rule:
amazon.com link »
Certainly recommended for DI too.
I haven't felt the need to mess with the Dialed In stock speakers, and I've got FlipFids or PinPros in all of my older games.
Sheesh--at the default volume of 26, standing at the lockdown bar I'm more than good volume and clarity-wise, and I'd expect most folks would be too.

I second this - a Polk subwoofer on a DI adds something, but the speakers themselves are just fine.

1 month later
#6556 9 months ago

+1 on laggy animations after installing 1.60. On the other hand, there are some very nice choreography improvements - another great update. I'm sure framerate issues will be improved.

1 week later
#6714 8 months ago

I noticed there are some slowdowns still in 1.61 on video processing. Skill shot and phone are better. Extra Ball animation seems slow.

4 weeks later
#7032 7 months ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Got error switch 11 left loop made stuck open.
See picture..the opto is out if the holder..
Arent they glued or soldered in place ? I can move it around touching the wire from below the playfield. Have to disassemble the ramp to reach this..[quoted image]

I had the same thing happen... top of the plastic case popped off and the opto came out of the case... getting to it was the hard part, but a little electrical tape to hold it all together and good as new.

1 month later
#7355 6 months ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Has anyone played around with adjusting the theater so visually it is at the correct angle for your height? I tend to stand a bit back and lean into the machine which puts me at a lower stance. As a result i lose a little bit of the visuals in the theater. When the spinner is up i cant see the value beneath it etc...

I'd be curious to know if you get results here as well. I'm tall, and the top of the theatre is always cut off by an inch or so. Was thinking about trying to shim it up a little bit.

1 week later
#7368 6 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

A related question...how do you qualify for QTMB? Last time I checked, the online ruleset didn't mention it (since it's a fairly new feature).

By default, you have to collect two of each of: Drones (hit the drone target then the theatre), Spiders (hit the spider target, then the theatre), Transit (hit a ramp, then the theatre), and Kilowatts (hit the QED guy then the theatre). The timeout for drones is a little longer since the target is harder to hit, but each of the others is just a few seconds.

Once you hit two of each, a special mode starts that the theatre (the virtual drops, spinner, captive ball, and train bash toy) to up the jackpot values. You get 30 seconds to hit at many of these items as you can.

All collections and jackpot value modes are stackable.

Once you have two of each and finish the last special mode to set the jackpot value, QTMB is startable at the theatre.

#7381 6 months ago
Quoted from SilverWings:

Howdy DI owners and players,
Its been a 2 year effort to find the right pin. Started into this hobby by building a nice collection of EM's but now its time for that NEW game! My journey of searching, playing, talking, dreaming, deliberating and debating has come to a proper end -- right here at the Dialed In Owners and Fans club.
Will be picking up a NIB LE at Texas Pinball Fest in a couple weeks and am so excited about unboxing with the entire JJ team right there. Also really looking forward to meeting a few of you and getting to talk about DI in person. *Come play my pin!* And please do share your thoughts, play strategy, impressions, mods and ideas about this marvelous title.
I'll have a guest book there as well, where you can sign with your Pinside handle, and players initials plus anything else in mind. Gotta know who's behind the high scores, right? (plus I'll have your mug shot) HA!!
Cheers y'all ... see you @ TPF !!!
- Bill

Awesome - congrats! Whose booth with it be at?

5 months later
#8956 19 days ago

I feel like the Apron lights would be a good place to show remaining tilt warnings...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodstock, GA
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bridgewater, MA
$ 8,000.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider attack7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside