IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10172 3 years ago

Wow. A lot is going on in this string. I guess I will be following it henceforth with a lot of interest because I just joined the club and ordered a DI LE, my fifth JJP LE game. Now my set is complete..for the moment. I had not had much interest in DI because I really did not care for nor understand its' theme. But, since JJP is getting ready to stop the DI line, I thought I should take another look. I found that there is a lot more to like about the game than I originally thought. And you know what they say, love is better the second time around. And, oh yes, better late than never. I expect I will be playing my DI sometime this month and I am anxious to get started.

#10195 3 years ago

I have searched this forum, Google, EBAY, etc. for a nice "character" shooter rod for my new Dialed In game. I can't seem to find any except the different colored 'ball style' rods. Has anyone made something unique for this game? Thanks.

#10208 3 years ago

Can someone please tell me why there are 2 different versions of the "station 3" building. One has embossed lettering on it and the other seems a bit simpler in appearance. Do they differ between game versions or build dates? And, is the Station 3 ramp area illuminated on the LE version? Thanks.

#10210 3 years ago

Thanks. I am familiar with the MEZEL MOD kit. But that is not the issue. There are 2 different models of Station 3 shown at various times for DI. One has scallops on the roof and a Station 3 decal on its' side; the other has raised lettering on both its side and roof designating it as 'station 3' and is cosmetically more attractive in my estimation. I have not received my DI LE yet as it is in transit so I am not sure which version I will receive. I called JJP today but the gentleman I spoke to did not know the answer so I'm hoping someone on PINSIDE does. Maybe it is as simple as JJP changed suppliers but I'd like to know what the answer is. Obviously, The MEZEL MOD kit does not work with the raised lettering version.

#10217 3 years ago

Thanks for everyone's insights on my Station 3 question. Stay safe!

#10245 3 years ago

Want to trade?

#10252 3 years ago

To you, skyemont and for your version of Station 3, lol.

1 week later
#10277 3 years ago

Hi to all. I am getting my NIB DI delivered today. I know about looking for loose connectors, bolts. screws, etc. but what problem areas, fixes or things that need particular attention should I be aware of. I have not seen any discussions about playfield chips so can I assume that hasn't been a problem for DI?Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

#10285 3 years ago

Well, I just got my DILE and I have played just a few games on it: so far, so good. Just an 'FYI" observation. Sales for this game must have been incredibly slow because my NIB game has a 'born on date' of 7/11/2018! I guess the good news is that date precedes all of the play field bubbling and chipping problems and likely was built by a 'seasoned' assembly crew. At least I can hope so.

#10289 3 years ago

My distributor ordered it directly from JJP. It was from their inventory.

#10300 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They apparently produced around 2k+ di model's . I know over the past year as more people have played it and or watched gameplay that demand picked up again. They were doing one last run before the factory move also ...which a few people have gotten some newer made ones from distributors. Jjp sells most threw distros. Di started shipping in may 2017 and ran for like a year straight and then they did potc and wonka with a few runs of di on a secondary line when needed. So you got one of the later ones with all the fixes which is a good thing. Doesn't mean it was a bad seller just left over from the end of the original run as newer runs seemed to fill distros needs. Have fun with a amazing pin.

Thanks for your input and info. My game is #852 which I know is not dispositive of anything but that's just FYI. I had a few problems upon delivery such as the kick back coil shorting out on the side of the apron (blew a fuse), Crazy Bob's trap door not operating (thank's to LTG's sage advice, was able to fix that with some lubrication) and 1 full code update and 1 Delta update required) so, nothing major. Obviously still getting to know the game but very happy with my decision to add it to my collection. I have games by just about all of the other mfg.s (or, will have. Still waiting on Rick and Morty) and they are all good but I just don't think you can go wrong with a JJP. I was thinking of getting an Elvira but those will be available for quite some time into the future; not so sure about DI's.

#10309 3 years ago

I agree with Green Machine. I have both and I really like them. My JP is an LE and is a blast to play. I just got my DI LE and I am really enjoying that too. It took me awhile to get past DI'S theme but once I did it is 5 stars now. Theme was never an issue for JP. After all, is is deservedly voted GOTY. As I said, get both if you can but DI may not be available NIB much longer and JP will, so food for thought.

#10328 3 years ago

I was able to get one printed with the same quality for under $100. PM me if you want the the details.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10339 3 years ago

DI is really tough for me. I hope that with time I will be able to play, not master, it better. Half of the time my scores are in the 200k range even with 5 balls. But, despite that, I like the game and I view it as a great "training game". My wife does play it much better than I (as she usually does on all of our machines) so I know it can be done. Just more humble pie.

#10342 3 years ago

Thanks for your advice. I will try that.

#10364 3 years ago

I looked for flipper toppers for my DI and could not find anything that looked right for the game. Then I saw the ones that Mr. Tantrum had developed for AFM and voila, a perfect answer for my DI search. A few modifications were made by Mr. Tantrum and the resulting product fits perfectly, looks great, and fits the DI theme just right. His work and customer service are a solid 10 in my estimation.

#10372 3 years ago

Man, this game is infectious. "One more time" just doesn't describe its appeal. I just finished installing all of the "light up" mods offered by Lermods and Mezel Mods and they all look great and were easy to do. Once I get the Mezel Quantum City Topper, I will consider the game complete. What fun it is, how wrong I was about letting a theme question inhibit my buying decision on this one.

2 weeks later
#10492 3 years ago

I must be missing something because I don't think I have any problems with my phone nor sim card protectors. What should I be looking for or, maybe I got lucky with my game (NIB 2 months ago)? Anyway, I want to share a simple modification that I made to the "Bob's Illuminated Sign" mod that I got from Mezel Mods. It is a great Mod but it was just a bit too bright for my tastes with too much light emitting from it's top. It kind of blinded me if I looked at it whilst playing the game. To cure that, I fabricated some spacers that I siliconed onto the mod's plastic framing pieces and then I also siliconed a piece of foam core board onto them. It was easy to do and it works great for me. Just FYI.

20200525_083517.jpg20200525_083517.jpg

#10499 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If the light of the Mezel mod was blinding you, isn't the simplest solution to remove the Mezel mod light?

Using your thinking it would easier to just sell the game...are you serious? I said it is a great mod. I was simply sharing what for me is an upgrade. Use it or lose it; your choice. Isn't PINSIDE great ???

1 week later
#10560 3 years ago

I have the same problem. Makes me glad that the QED guy gets in the way.....

#10567 3 years ago

I ran the theater magnet test and discovered that the magnet appears to be bad (it tests red). Checked DC V to the magnet and got 67 V DC and 1.5 V DC. I have continuity through the magnet coil and all the fuses tested good. So, I am trying to get help from JJP Support as my game is barely 1 month 'out of the box' and I don't think the Theater magnet has ever worked. Anyone got any ideas beyond punting to JJP?

UPDATE: After working with JJP it turns out that I have a bad I/O board (transistor Q302 is defective). It will have to be replaced.

#10578 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Just remembered, I ended up swapping the Drone magnet with the Theatre magnet as it was more flush with the pf. That made a tremendous difference.

You do know that the magnets for the theater and the drone can both be adjusted to be level with the playfield, right? There is adjustable screw on the bottom side of the magnet that, once you loosen the large nut, can be turned to raise or lower the magnet.

#10588 3 years ago

A little help please. Can someone tell me when the ball is supposed to be briefly held in the theater and then flip into the pop bumpers? Is it only in a particular mode that action occurs? On my game I now have the theater magnet passing all tests and I can get the ball to briefly hold and then shudder on the theater magnet and then flow into the pops when the delay is set at -200 and when it is in test mode. But I do not see that happen in actual game play. It either goes 'stdm' or passes quickly into the pops without any 'shudder' or 'fling' movement happening.Also, I do not see the magnet holding the ball briefly. Is it supposed to? I reviewed the DI game flow chart but I can't find an answer there so maybe someone knows what is supposed to occur? Thanks for any help offered.

2 weeks later
#10687 3 years ago

I looked for a long time for a shooter rod that I thought would look good and work with the theme of my game. I saw that someone in Europe once did a shooter rod knob that was based on an emoji. I thought it looked good but I could not find one anywhere here in the States. So, I asked Bill Hanson of Super Skill Shot Shooters.com if he could make one for me. He did, at a very reasonable cost, and it looks and works great. And Bill was great to work with. My only regret now is that I wished that I had him place the emoji face on the ball with a less than straight on orientation because it is hard to see when you are the front of the game. Perhaps placing more emojis on the various sides of the ball would had worked better. But, for everyone else, it looks great. Just wanted to share.

shooter (resized).jpgshooter (resized).jpg
4 months later
#11474 3 years ago

Nope. I have all 3 and all are keepers.

2 weeks later
#11577 3 years ago

For a long time I did not like DI because I did not understand the theme. Late last year JJP put out the word that production of it was coming to an end and if anyone wanted one, they should make an order. Because I like all of my JJP games I thought I should give it another look and I am glad that I did. I totally misjudged the game. I now understand the concepts of the theme and it is just fine as is and a lot of fun to play. I rate it right up there with any of my other 4 JJP'S and my 4 very recent Sterns. A classic case of a mistaken first impression for me.

7 months later
#12050 2 years ago

So, how do I get the BETA release for my DI? What code do I need to be running first?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=arcadem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.