IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allibaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5069 5 years ago

I just picked up a Dialed In Standard yesterday. I'm having a couple issues that I hope someone can help with:

1) My phone LCD has a red tint to it. I've reseated the VGA connector on the phone and in the backbox. No change. Any ideas?

2) The connection for the "Shoot Again" appears to be missing. Very odd. I can't seem to find it. Any tips? Does it daisy chain off of another connector I can chase down?

IMG_1405 (resized).jpgIMG_1405 (resized).jpg

IMG_1406 (resized).jpgIMG_1406 (resized).jpg

#5071 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Starting about page C-84 in the manual is the LED board wiring. Check that over. You can download the manual at jerseyjackpinball.com under support.
LTG : )

Ha. Yup. That cable is completely missing.

Any idea on troubleshooting the red tinted phone display?

#5077 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The phone is just a tiny lcd display; you may need to get JJP to send you a cable which will let you mess with the settings, unless you find one in the cabinet

Thanks.

I did submit a ticket, but I don't know how long it will take. In the meantime, I reverted to v1.50 FULL and it fixed it temporarily until the next reboot. I also updated to v1.52, and the LCD tint was still there. Today it's a yellow tint. Weird. Sounds like it's in software, though, which is good.

#5084 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I believe the LE run was capped at 2500. If all they make are standards going forward, my guess would be you won’t see the LE prices fall too much given how good the game is. The LE is well worth the added cost, IMO.

I would find it hard to believe they sold 2500 LE's yet. They're probably just making room to ramp up POTC or maybe run some WoZ's. There'll almost definitely be more opportunity for NIB DILE's and Standards. The game really is great, and I'm sure they'll sell more once people get more of a chance to realize its potential. It took me awhile to look past a few of the things that people discount it for.

I'm kind of in the opposite camp on the Standard vs LE. I don't see the extra $1k unless you're someone who likes to powder coat your games and add invisiglass. Standard's city scape is better than the LE's IMO, but the ramp lights are cool.

#5103 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I have PowerBladez on my ACDC and they are taped on ... some areas keep pealing back off of the wall. Hope they improve that. I like them, but I'm also curious as to the fit. There is one thicker part on my ACDC blades (that is probably internal connectors) that I would be worried about on my DI that has a tighter fit. Has anyone that installed these on a DI have fit issues?

My game came with traditional side art uninstalled, so I recently put them in. Dialed In's cabinet is super tight compared to Stern's and B/W's. You have to be very very careful lifting and closing the playfield. Kind of annoying, but I do like the look. I can only imagine these would be more challenging.

I also have some decals from PinGraffix on my White Water that don't stick very well.

#5106 5 years ago

Is the current LED strip in the backbox warm white or cool white? I'm planning on doing the DIY lighting upgrade, but I'd like to know the current color for reference. I have both warm and cool strips available.

#5115 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

cool white, there is a link in the instruction post to the correct led strip

Thanks! I already have cool and warm strips from other projects. Just wanted to make sure it matched.

#5129 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Has anyone heard anything about the next update?

Im curious about this as well. Would like to see the smartphone characters all animated. It’s cosmetic, but it adds to the experience.

#5133 5 years ago
Quoted from poup:

What a great idea.
City disaster is a good opportunity for this.

There is one more available "app" spot on the smart phone grid for a new disaster.

#5142 5 years ago

Personally, I'd like to see something change with the first multiball. It's too easy and blocks starting a mode when lit. I understand it's probably there to give new players a taste of the fun and features offered by the game without progressing too far, but I kind of dread it.

#5150 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Hmmm. New one to me. What makes it different than 90% of other MB’s in other games? I think there should be an Uber jackpot to build up to I guess. Also, you want to start modes in mb?? Eliminate it?

I'm not sure what I'd prefer, just complaining.

It just seems too easy. The lock automatically lights after the first mode, then when you lock it through normal gameplay, the phone is no longer accessible to modes. I'm always feeling like I need to get that multiball out of the way in order to progress through the rest of the game. There's no avoiding it. The multiball is fun, but it's awarded so early in the game play, every game, that it almost becomes a chore.

#5152 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You guys know you can skip the first MB right? You have to hit both buttons pretty much right after it starts but it works consistently to cancel the MB

Ah, okay. That makes sense!

#5168 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

no the arm comes down and stays down, what makes it go up and down?

Whenever there’s a lock lit, the arm comes down and stays down. I’m not sure why it does this. It doesn’t seem like there’s a good reason for it.

#5202 5 years ago

I'm growing frustrated with the Bob's ball jamming issue. I've tried pulling the solenoid bracket towards the front of the playfield as recommended, but this has not resolved the issue. I'm not sure how it would considering the ball is jammed between the playfield and the lower subway bracket.

Am I doing this right? It's probably happened about 10-15 times in the last 100 games.

IMG_1441 (resized).jpgIMG_1441 (resized).jpg

#5214 5 years ago
Quoted from geoncic:

[quoted image]

Thanks. Did you install to the inside or outside of the bracket?

#5215 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm getting frustrated with Houdini and Scared Stiff, both of which I thought were never-sell games.

I've previously owned a Scared Stiff and thought it was a long time keeper, too. The problem is that the game is so basic, it becomes repetitive, predictable, and boring. For the amount of money they go for, I decided to sell and put that cash into other games.

I'm glad I owned it. It's always a fan favorite for guests. It just couldn't hang in there in a smaller collection. If it was worth half the cost, I probably would've kept it.

#5223 5 years ago
Quoted from geoncic:

The inside of the bracket. Much less likely to get ripped off from impacts on the inside. I had some adhesive velcro. I stuck the hook side to the inside metal part of the bracket, then I stuck the loop side to the piece of cardboard, after I cut it to size.
That way I can kind of slide the cardboard in and press it to the velcro. Pretty easy to pull out and trim to size if it's too large or fouling with the trap door mechanics.

I ended up installing a small piece of wood from a paint mixing stick and securing with double sided tape and electrical tape. It's a bit ghetto but seems to be working. No fetching balls in the cabinet after about 10 games last night. Thank you.

#5235 5 years ago

Dialed In is the best game I’ve ever played. It’s just all around phenomenal.

#5245 5 years ago

I need some advice or help with my phone scoop.

All of the sudden, during gameplay, the phone scoop stopped detecting the ball about 20-25% of the time. Sometimes, I'll shoot it in there with a mode ready, and it'll just pop it back out not detecting the shot. It obviously knew it was in there, which is weird. Usually, I have to wait for the ball search to pop it out.

I tested it in the menu. The opto switch flashed a few times when I put the ball in, then goes solid green. It appears to be working from the menu. I also used some alcohol and cleaned the optos. No luck, though.

Any ideas?

1 week later
#5276 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Anyone here have any inside info on the next software update timeframe?

Also, does anyone know for sure what's still supposed to be included in future updates?

#5284 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I hope they slightly adjust the EMP strike mode. The majority of the time the ball drops out of the theater for me and the magnets basically direct it right into the drain. I think if they lowered the activity of the magnet slightly the mode would be more fun to play. I've seen videos with some of the top players that are even advising viewers to just pause that mode. It shouldn't be like that.

No! The magnet activity makes that mode fun and unpredictable. I occasionally get a SDTM, but I am able to finish that mode 4 out of 5 times. Also, it's always fun to watch new players play that mode.

#5286 5 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I can only finish it about 1 out of 4. It is a very risky mode and I am increasingly avoiding it. I don't want the rules changed though

I usually trap up the ball on the left flipper, then a strong fast hit to the theater almost always works. If the ball is floating around or not moving quickly, the magnets will definitely have their way with it.

#5295 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Agreed...I think a little score balancing would be welcomed in the next update.
Does anyone else feel like under attack multiball is a little flat? I mean, I like the attack aspect, but I feel like it is missing something, but I can't put my finger on what it is. The game is a gem...I am just being nit-picky

I haven't paid too much attention to the non-disaster mode scoring, but it does seem like a lot of those side modes aren't worth chasing. Lottery Frenzy is kind of a joke. Some score balancing would be nice.

Under Attack multiball starts off slow but can become intense the better you're doing. I think it's okay. I just wish I wasn't forced to deal with it so early in the game.

#5309 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I know the code update is going to add a MB and some animations. Does anyone have solid reason to believe we’ll also get scoring tweaks in the BOB modes, MBs, etc.? I know we all here want some scoring tweaks and talk about it a lot. I just haven’t heard if we’ll actually get it.

I'd also like to throw in a request to clean up (or significantly reduce) the non-disaster "Shoot the ...." callouts.

Pretty much the whole playfield is lit outside of the disaster modes for combos, locks, hurry-ups, Bob stuff, ect. The shooting directions can be confusing for new players and don't make much sense or help to experienced players. I've always just told people to ignore her outside of the disaster modes.

#5312 5 years ago

I had a problem with my phone having a red tint, so JJP replaced the phone under warranty. Now, the phone's display is out of alignment. See the photo. If I restart the game two or three time, it eventually works. It's hasn't been properly aligned the first boot since I installed it last Thursday.

Any ideas? Or is this another JJP tech support ticket?

IMG_1490 (resized).jpgIMG_1490 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5385 5 years ago

I believe this was mentioned on the Dialed In news ticker....

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/animals/dog-bite-plea-649205

#5407 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Some accompanying equipment arrived!
[quoted image]
And the game all set up![quoted image]

Initial impressions on the game and sub?

#5414 5 years ago

I recommend the clear Titans. They look great on DI.

#5427 5 years ago

#5429 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

On default settings, the flippers are strong enough to get the ball where it needs to go. The left orbit shot seems "lazy" for lack of a better word. I did up the flipper strength to 23 (I think max is 25?) and it does play better, but it almost seems as if the flipper travel is slower compared to a Stern. I also have classic Ballys, and those don't feel as "lazy."
Also I couldn't find anything, but are there flipper alignment holes anywhere? Mine might be misaligned just a tad, enough that would make it out of line from the inlane guides. Is this normal or do I need to readjust to be inline with the inlane guides?

FWIW, the coil sleeves on the flippers of JJP games don’t seem to last as long as other manufacturers, I’ve found. Swapping out coil sleeves on my WOZ and DI made a big improvement. Depends on how many games on on your pin.

#5439 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Not that I think I have a problem, but what coil sleeves do people rate most highly? Pinball Life WMS ones?

Either the ones on Pinball Life or Marco Specialties. They probably come from the same supplier. According to the previous owner, the game had 700 plays on it. New sleeves made a difference for me.

#5481 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I tried to get a few different colors. And I included a few pics of my game room just for fun [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice game room layout. I like the tool box. Very fitting given the nature of these machines.

#5490 5 years ago

I would recommend waiting a year or so on POTC to see how it all shakes out. The designer seems like a great guy, but I'd hesitate to jump in head first on a new designer's first design.

#5498 5 years ago

I spent my afternoon today drinking beer (I like beer!) and adding LED strips to the back box. It turned out great! It was easy, but took awhile. Again, beer. The tranlite art on this game is awesome. Who would've thought? Check it out!

IMG_1596 (resized).jpegIMG_1596 (resized).jpeg

#5499 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Wow, you guys are great helping me out and your answers are well thought out. Really enjoy reading your advice, since I’m fairly new to this hobby. Any more ideas on how the toys stack up against each other on POTC versus DI?

I should clarify my previous post regarding POTC. There's really no reason to be an early adopter in this hobby unless you have to have the newest item before others or if the item is super limited. "Patience is a virtue." The code and mechanical issues should be ironed out a little more if you wait a year or so.

Regarding toys, I would consider both pretty equivalent. They're both JJP games after all. Although, changing the spinning disc design and treasure chest functionality was a bummer. One thing I admire about POTC, probably more than anything, is the diverters for every shot. That's pretty cool and will allow the code to be flexible with the modes.

Overall, POTC and DI couldn't really be more different. Do you like upper play fields? Do you like wide body games? Do you like longer and more complicated games?

#5516 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Oh, and a bonus stream Monday 10/15/18 @ 3pm of NEW CODE....FOR DIALED IN!!!!!!!!!! Hold onto your butts!
E

Does that mean code will be publicly available 10/15?

#5525 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Has anyone experienced the Theater magnet just dropping the ball, instead of throwing it into the orbit ala The Shadow? Is it an connector thing? Opto thing? Is there a magnet test? TBH, I haven't really tried to troubleshoot it. Just started noticing it over the last couple days.
the only big difference was that I changed out the Ninja Chrome balls to Carbon Steel balls. (plus the cleaning/waxing/rerubbering the week prior).
Also ordered some LEDs, and wiring to help light up the rest of the translite. Will be doing that Saturday.

You have to adjust the magnet in settings. Most people end up +/-20 from the default setting. Every game is different. It's trial and error.

I think I went up about 15, and it works maybe 75% of the time now. When it doesn't work, it still puts enough on the ball to alter the trajectory to avoid SDTM.

#5527 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hmmmmm. Is this some sort of hint? Could it be a new disaster mode? Say with some prehistoric animals? Sneaky classic Jurassic Park reference there.

Nice catch. That mode would be fun. I hope it has something to do with bugs, as opposed to dinosaurs, though. I think they need to do a mode that uses the D-Bug and spider references in the game.

#5599 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think the upgrade on DI to LE is a no brainer.My wife and I took all of 5 minutes on that decision,it takes us 10 minutes to decide where to eat!

It's nice to have the option for the Standard. I don't care about the extras other than maybe the ramp lights. I picked up my Standard for $6400. Hell of a deal. LE extras weren't worth it for me, even at second hand prices.

#5665 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Do you have something specific in mind? I can't even think of anything that would need to be done.

There's still static images on the main display in place of animations. They said they'd get to it later when they have more time in the stream.

#5669 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Do you have the update already?

No, I don't. There's still some non-rendered images in place of animations on the backbox LCD. Crazy Bob during the game start is one example. During the stream, they said they aren't going to get to that for this release. It'll nee to be revisited "when they have time".

#5672 5 years ago

Any news on anticipated code update release date???? I'm jonesing.

#5692 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

In this video Pat Lawlor takes you from the first white wood to the final dialed in design. Really a fun listen if you have the time and would like to know how dialed in was developed.

Now I want a zombie cats mode.

#5699 5 years ago

I definitely make the SIM card shot more from ricochets than from the upper flipper. That’s a very tough shot.

If the "Big Bang" shot isn't lit, I'll aim up there and have better luck than the with using the upper flipper.

My favorite method is using the drone magnet. It's not intentional, but it's awesome when it makes it.

#5733 5 years ago

So....
It's after expo now. When will the new code drop??
I have no patience

Sounds like early next week.

#5751 5 years ago

Together with sim memory on, it'd be way too easy. Either/or would be a nice setting.

How many Big Bangs can do most people earn during a game? I don't think it'd give you tons of SIM cards - maybe a couple. You'd still have to complete the modes.

I think it'd be nice to be an option.

#5754 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I find it easy to light and hit Big Bang,but not so easy to hit sims.

Yeah, but those Big Bangs get harder and harder to light the more you get. How many do most get during a game? 3-4?

#5759 5 years ago

On a couple occasions now, I've seen Fester's chair from Addam's Family and the gumball machine from TZ in the theater. I don't know how I got to those points.

How did they show up and what is their significance? Are there any other throwback images in the theater?

#5761 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really? I need to focus on the theater more lol

Yeah, they were both deeper into the game and probably have something to do with the theater modes. I've looked through the rules Wiki and couldn't find any references to them, though.

#5773 5 years ago

It looks like the TAF Fester's chair is shown in the manual. I know I've also seen the TZ gumball machine, too. There's likely other references.

This game is so cool.

Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 8.19.41 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-10-25 at 8.19.41 AM (resized).png

#5825 5 years ago

So here's something interesting I forgot to share. The main knock on this game still seems to be theme, if the ratings are any indication. Once people heard what it was they formed an opinion about it before they played it (much like people are doing with Oktoberfest..... come on guys). I played the game a good 10-20 times and fell in love with it. I dreamt about it and yearned to own one someday.
When I finally bought one this past June, I immediately donated it to my local co-op, which is a place people donate machines collectively so we all get to play them. Anyway Dialed In made it's arrival about 1-2 weeks after Iron Maiden also made its arrival. In the beginning, Iron Maiden was easily everyone's favorite game to play. I can't blame them either, it's an awesome game with great sounds and lighting, the theme is powerful and the gameplay is nonstop. I like playing it but my only knock on the game is that points are easy to find, even if you have no idea what you're doing. I scored over 300 million in my first game, and I had no idea what I did to make it happen. It's not an easy game (I struggled to get over 100 million after that), but there's so much going on that you can basically do anything to get points at any time. I think this is why people weren't afraid to play it, because they'd get a score of 50-100 million and felt good about it.
Anyway, Dialed In was the complete opposite. People would play it, get 25-50k, they'd feel bad about it and then not return. Not many people knew I owned Dialed In so I got to hear all sorts of opinions about it from conversations happening around me. "The theme is weak" and "it's too confusing" and the like. It was rarely played, so I got to play it a lot which I liked, but I also felt a little sad about people purposely avoiding it to play just about anything else.
Fast forward to today and wow have times changed. I think the best players at the co-op are the ones who are most attracted to the game. It's challenging with a deep ruleset which I think is the greatest strength AND weakness of the game; Unless you take the time to understand what's going on, you'll never like it and never improve. I think this turns a lot of new-to-average players off. The game has been so popular lately that I can't get myself into a game! It's always on 4 player and there's always a huge line to play it. I've heard so many people call it their favorite machine in the room that I've lost count. It took a LOT of time for people to warm up to it, but now that they have I feel a lot better about having donated it. It makes me happy to see people play and enjoy it... and get frustrated at missing a crucial shot, or hitting the big bang in a big moment, or collecting a sim card (always a huge "YES!" when that happens).
It's a great game. I'm so happy to own it. It's my #1 rated game of all time and buying one is the best decision I ever made.

Good story. It’s such a fantastic game. It’s a shame so many have written it off due to the theme, but it also allowed me to buy one second hand at a fair price. I love this game.

#5867 5 years ago
Quoted from KellerDj:

Just an FYI on the drones just got a note from JJP stating the following: "We are currently experiencing a high volume of drone motors failing, we are currently working on trying to solve this problem, that being said, these drones being sent may or may not later down the line, fail again unfortunately."

I wonder if the phone LCDs are having issues, too? I've gone through two of them. Seems odd to me that this would be such a troublesome part.

#5910 5 years ago

Hey damien , my phone went pinkish/reddish today just like yours did 8 months ago. It's at a co-op and we were in league so I left it on for 2 hours. It somehow resolved itself and the colors are back, but now the background on the screen is 1/8th of an inch lower.
Anyway, I'm not 100% convinced that the phone will work the next time I start it up. You didn't explain (I think) how you fixed your phone issue. Care to share?

Same issues. Needed a replacement phone assembly.

#5920 5 years ago

Any chance for code this weekend?

Was reported to be available early this week.

#5947 5 years ago

How do you access the JJP Google Group?

#5950 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Email Jen at JJP to get you on the forums.

Thanks. Hopefully she responds on the weekends? Would like to get into it tonight, if possible.

#5967 5 years ago

Can someone put on their Google Drive in a shared folder? Pretty pretty please?!

[email protected]

#5999 5 years ago

I did not have that problem. Did you follow instructions on the JJP website?

If you’re still having problems, you may need to download and install the full 1.50 software, then try to upgrade to 1.56 delta file from that one.

#6017 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I thought I heard something about the skill shot being worth more points? After update still the same for me.

It’s worth the same, but it potentially adds to the jackpots in the new theater multiball.

#6026 5 years ago

This game is sooooooo good.

#6086 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What are the new ways to light and collect sim cards other than modes? You mentioned more ways to obtain outside of modes

There’s no new ways to light them, but you can collect during multiball now.

#6106 5 years ago

Sometimes, when I hit a solid shot up the left ramp, the ball jump out of the wireform when it reaches the bottom in-lane area. It usually ends up in the left outline. Flipper strength is default.

Anyone else have this issue? Resolution?

#6110 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I made i small wire at the end of my wireform and it helped so much and made for a very fast inlane return

How did you attach it?

#6120 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its not the best looking but u really dont notice while playing.... but it plays so much better with the wire guide on top. [quoted image]

Is that a type of wire you can get at the hardware store?

#6193 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

So how good do you think the speakers are on DI? Any reason to upgrade?

I've been told an external sub on Dialed In is a good upgrade for the audio. It's on my "to do" list.

#6208 5 years ago

The upgraded backbox lighting is a big difference!

I like my side art blades.

Other than that, this game is loaded and really doesn’t need many mods.

#6213 5 years ago

Is the voice actor for the Singularity mode Bill Nye?

#6265 5 years ago

I'll post up pics of my DIY sign tomorrow. It's much better than factory. You can actually see it. Next best thing is the Mezelmods upgrade, but $$$.

#6270 5 years ago

I angled the brackets as much as I could to face the player and used a small piece of double sided tape to secure the end that is swung out. Obviously, this creates a ball trap if an air ball finds its way behind there, but this has never happened on my game.

The sign is much more prominent and readable now.

Some people put the smaller "BOB" plastic up by the Station 3, which looks cool. I don't know how that sign would be secured, though.

IMG_1671 (resized).jpegIMG_1671 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1670 (resized).jpegIMG_1670 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1672 (resized).jpegIMG_1672 (resized).jpeg

#6273 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Was the sign screwed in or riveted in?

I don't recall. Pretty sure they are plastic rivets, though. Those are pretty easy to remove.

If you do need to re-secure, 4-40 or 6-32 hardware will work.

#6278 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I don't recall. Pretty sure they are plastic rivets, though. Those are pretty easy to remove.
If you do need to re-secure, 4-40 or 6-32 hardware will work.

Common machine screw sizes.

#6288 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Is there any difference from the new Delta release vs the 1.57 that was listed on JJP forums for beta testing?

They are the same.

Sounds like there will be another update next week to address some minor bugs.

#6310 5 years ago

My phone developed a redish/pink tint about 5 weeks ago. I played through it and it went away on its own somehow. I noticed that after it went away, the screens' image was a good 5 pixels lower on the phone. But hey, at least the full color was back and I could still see everything, so I was fine with it.
Fast forward to 2 days ago. I was cleaning the playfield and moved around the phone to get some hard-to-reach areas, so I know I jostled it a bit. Turned the machine back on and the redish/pink tint came back, and the screen is 5 pixels up back into its old position again! NOOOOO!
I unplugged the phone from its holster and plugged it back on... no change. Jostled all the wires, turned it off and on... no change.
Weird, right? I started to just played through it again but I'm bummed that it's back.

I had a similar issue with both the red tint. JJP replaced, then I had an offset on the new phone. JJP replaced again. It's fixed (for now).

#6361 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I wouldnt use anything on the shooter rod, just check to make sure its clean.
You would want the grease.

No grease, but a dry silicone lubricant will work.

#6365 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I'm about to place a Titan pinball order during their sale and was going to buy a replacement titan competition rubber set for DI. Any suggestions on what looks good colorwise? Right now its all white with red flipper rubbers.

I highly recommend clear for all the rings! Red flipper rubbers are fine.

#6374 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hit chaos mb mode last night and it's unbelievable in the new code. Love the call outs, the music, the light show - it felt 1000 times better. Love this game.

I played for a couple hours yesterday.

The best part about the new code, in my opinion, is the new mix of disaster modes available from the start of the game. I like getting to play the modes that were previously deeper in the disaster progression.

Theater multi ball and animations are cool too!

It's an incredible game.

#6402 5 years ago

Made it to Showdown and beat DIE. What a rush! I was literally sweating and shaking. Almost doubled my previous GC score. It was only the second time I've made it to Armageddon.

Yes, SIM card holds was on.

IMG_1699 (resized).jpegIMG_1699 (resized).jpeg

#6407 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Das anybody have good comparison pictures of the elements that differ from the standard to the le version?
I almost tend to the standard version because the lights are THAT bright, missing lights on the ramp would help the eyes a lot I think.

Here's a side by side video.

If you're worried about brightness, the ramp lights aren't going to make any difference at all. The Big Bang, Extra Ball, and Selfie flashes are all going to be super bright on both models.

I have the Standard. I purchased it second hand for a good deal and do not regret it. The only thing I'd really like from the LE is the ramp lights. I certainly wouldn't mind upgrading to the LE, but the Standard was such a good deal and I don't feel like I'm missing much.

#6412 5 years ago
Quoted from jclausing:

Need some help. Recently purchased #136 and yesterday the QED switch showed up as "stuck open" during the start up test. I pulled the glass and hit it a few times and it seemed ok. Turned it off and back on and now registers as"stuck closed" is this somethingI can troubleshoot or do I just need to replace the switch? Also, I've read this entire thread and appreciate all the tips to "dial in" the machine. This is the first game my wife will play.

Does it register during gameplay?

#6438 5 years ago
Quoted from edelhert:

Anyone found any easter eggs in DI (apart from the Red Button)? Cows?

What’s the deal with the red button?

Here’s some things I’ve found regarding references to older Bally/Williams games.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-in-game-references-to-older-bally-williams-games

#6445 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Upper playfield has purpose on certain modes and can help when u need to lock balls .

I like the upper playfield, but I wish the drop hole was just a little bit larger.

#6475 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yes but HOW do you achieve success off that right flipper? How long are you waiting, timing, etc....? I feel like i need to get better at hitting from the right flipper. I removed the top rubber near the SIM shot but not sure that really helped.

I've lowered the rubber to the playfield on that post above the hole. I've also replaced the Cliffy with mylar.

Between those changes and the new feature of being able to collect SIM cards during multi ball, I may turn off the SIM card save feature.

#6482 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

for those that got a drone replacement, how did that work? I contacted JJP support but no luck in response. One of mine stopped working...

If you don’t get a response for a few days, call them and reference your request.

#6491 5 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Never had so much bad luck with a pin [quoted image]

What happened?

#6536 5 years ago

I updated to v1.60 this morning, and I'm seeing new issues.

I've never had problems with my drones before, but now they're mainly just off. Every 3-4 hits to the drones area, and the top drone will spin about one revolution slowly. The other two drones do not work at all. Again, they were fully operational before the update.

The other thing I've found was the main display's animations are kind of choppy. It feels like a lower frame rate.

Any one else experience these issues?

#6538 5 years ago

Is there still a source for the v1.50 full install somewhere? I want to revert back.

#6567 5 years ago

I would like to go back to v1.57.

Does anyone know of a download link for v1.50 Full?

#6580 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I checked archive.org and the old 1.50 link points to http://159.203.76.48/di/DialedIn-v1.50.iso
It looks like that link is still valid.

YOU'RE INCREDIBLE!

#6598 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I reverted back to v1.57 and there's a marked improvement in performance between this version and v1.60. Hopefully the software team can find the fixes!

I'm back, too. Thanks again, DeeGor.

Much better.

#6604 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and now i can watch the full sequence, yes of course, easy to see it was done on purpose
anyway, a small prob i get more than few times already :
when playing multiball and putting quickly 2 following balls in theatre, these 2 balls remain there, 1 on the magnet, the other magnetized just behind...
i bought the game HUO, not sure if these balls are from factory
for what i found already here, need to buy some low magnetic balls !?

Could be magnetized. I've been told Ninja balls are easily magnetized on this game.

2 weeks later
#6790 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I was also disappointed to see the drones basically shut off in 1.61, rather than addressing the issue with a better made part. All three of mine quit working and all three were the result of cold solder joints. Reflowing has fixed every one of them.

My drones pretty much quit work after the update, too, and it was kind of shrugged off. Went back to v1.57, which is great.

#6817 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

My main concern is code right now. It appears they are adding new things. But also alot of bugs.

v1.57 with all the animations and the new Theater multiball is rock solid. The newer code (v1.60+) that is causing some video lag and frame rate doesn't really add anything significant.

Code isn't a concern at all with Dialed In.

#6830 5 years ago

Mine is around nine.

You guys 20+ are insane. Must have been fun hitting all those shots. Love the sound effects.

1 week later
#6947 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Normally I am a 90s guy. I like the DMD B/W games the most... But DI! is the one in my collection just breaking this rule!
DI! is turned on whenever I am in my game room. All others are played some games, then I end up playing DI! again and again...

For me, Dialed In feels like a 90's B/W game with technology of today.

#6965 5 years ago

I’ve gotten great support from JJP.

I suspect new POTC is keeping them busy. JJP also seems to attract new people to the hobby. I’d guess there’s quite a few that need a lot of hand holding.

#7021 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Somehow this sounds like a contradiction in terms. It's not a software issue but responds to updates??

The phone can be still be updated with software, but software updates aren't capable of fixing the black screen issue. The problem resides in the physical design of the phone.

Several years back, I was designing a Linux based platform for a company in the oil and gas industry. We had the same problem. It ended up being a screen clocking issue that was the result of poor PCB design. The controlled impedance wasn't properly accounted for causing the screen to lose sync and eventually go black.

1 week later
#7128 5 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Has anyone got a link to code version 1.57? My phone screen is not outputting the correct resolution and cropping the apps, wondering whether this is consequence of the software update

Did the new software fix it?

The phone clipping happened to me. I had to replace the phone.

1 week later
#7275 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Did anybody manage to get all DIALED IN letters in a game? Most was 3 letters here...

I've gotten it once, but I average 3-4 per game.

I have SIM card carry over, though.

#7320 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

My suggestion would be the complete opposite.. (first: put the game on 5 balls instead of 3)

No! Dialed In definitely is not a 5 ball game.

Just turn on SIM card holding and work on running through the modes.

4 months later
1 week later
#8297 4 years ago

So, who here had stuttering issues on v1.60+ and wants to be the guinea pig?

#8427 4 years ago

I also have the LCD/sound sync issue with the new update. It's disappointing. Not sure if I'm going to downgrade yet.

I have the Celeron processor, and have also tried playing without the Bluetooth dongle installed. The sync issue is still there.

#8452 4 years ago

I just submitted a report on the issue to Jersey Jack. I'd encourage those with similar issues to do the same so that JJP can track the problem with serial numbers and hopefully resolve the issue.

Make sure to include your serial number! It's found just behind the coin door on the left hand side inside the cabinet.

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/

#8457 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

If the issue is indeed the different speed in the main board, couldn’t JJP programers do one code each for the two different boards? Or is it a problem that the earlier board is just too slow to handle more code? Doubt that but it’s unfair to have buy a higher speed processor. Wish JJP would make a statement on this issue.

Well, it could also be a new driver they implemented between v1.57 and v1.60. The animations did not appear to be much different than the two.

I just hope they can narrow it down and fix it.

#8475 4 years ago

I received the following email back from Steve regarding the observed issues after the upgrade:

“Hi thanks I will send this along to the Chicago team. I appreciate your feedback as I know they are studying the issue. Steve”

I sure hope they can get to the bottom of it. I love this game.

#8491 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I got around to installing an LED mod for the translite, really dig it. Theres so much more artwork around the translite that is now visible. Bad game though on ball 3, lol, got to almost 800k the next game!
[quoted image]

This is a worthy upgrade for the game. I don’t really care what the haters say - the art on this game is fantastic.

#8509 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Okay, I'll look into that...I know the owner, and hope to help him get it fixed. It jumps out of the wireform probably 90% of the time.

JJP can send a clear plastic cover for that.

3 weeks later
#8818 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

2 voicemails left with JJP tech support and one online ticket submitted within a two week window... No response to any.
Brian.

I also made a report. It's good to at least log it with JJP.

1 week later
#8890 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

But SOMEONE working with Pat should have given him feedback (with some emphasis) that the rest was plain goofy and didn't mesh well.

I feel opposite. I love the “goofiness” of it. You don’t see that anymore!

#8943 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

What’s the purpose, if any, of these 4 lights on the apron?
[quoted image]

Quoted from LTG:

There was talk early on to show you where to set your phone on the game to link up and play the game.
LTG : )

It's too bad these aren't used for something more impactful to the game. Having controllable LEDs on the apron is a cool feature.

I always thought it would've been great if they were used to show progress for the four requirements to Quantum Theater Multiball.

4 weeks later
#9245 4 years ago

Updated without a hitch today. Just follow the instructions on JJP's website. Easy peasy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allibaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=allibaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.