IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeneas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6254 5 years ago

Has anyone installed a playfield protector themselves ? How much work is it ? Special things to keep an eye on ? How does it go with cliffys ? Do they remain installed and the protector over it or do you need to remove them and over the protector?

1 week later
#6405 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Was it nib? If so than cliffys will b on it . Also most used ones have been fitted with cliffys by now also

I also recently bought a nib DILE. Came with cliffys and clear plastic on left inlane installed. Manual also included in box

1 week later
#6440 5 years ago

Been playing my DI for two weeks now and have some questions / remarks..

1/ what's the use of the upper playfield ? there are no switches on it, ok you can nudge it and use 'skill' to get the ball into the popbumpers but that's it.. looks like quite a big assembly with limited use. I'm thinking of just removing the upper playfield and have the pinball drop always into the popbumpers. Any thoughts ?

2/ Shouldn't timers stop when the pinball is locked somewhere ? When a hurryup is running at the quantum theatre but you shoot something else (phone scoop or lock a ball) then it'll show animations and keep the ball, meanwhile the hurryup keeps counts down and is timed out when a new pinball is released.
OK I get it, I chose not to shoot the hurryup and something else instead.. but still, watching it time out while I can't cancel animations at all and have to wait doesn't seem really fair ?

Btw any way to cancel the lock animation ? This game has soo much smooth flow, but when you lock a ball it needs to finish the animations, run the shaker, and only then put a new pinball in the shooter lane. This really stops the flow, the delay takes much too long imo..

3/ Does anyone have experience with pindemption and DI ?
I notice in the settings there are greyed out settings about setting it to a timed game.
Is pindemption just the same rules but on limited time ? Flippers are disabled when the fixed time runs out ?
Or is it more like Safecracker - a timed game but giving you the option to gain more time as you play well ?
Or even like the SC magic token game - totally different rules ?

1 week later
#6653 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

1) It's also possible to nudge the game to get the ball to drop off the top of the plastic, thus setting up a feed to the upper flipper. Admittedly, you have to be pretty quick on the reflexes to influence the ball when it drops onto that area. With a steeply pitched game, there is even less time to react.

Must be ne not knowing the rules well enough but it usually surprises me when the mechanic diverter is down and the pinball gets on the mini playfield.
Nudging it in the top lane is not an option as I am too slow to realize where the ball is (passed the top rubber).

Is there an audio cue when the mechanic diverter goes down (or up again) ? Flasher in the back active?

#6656 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

There's usually a "clunk" sound effect IIRC, like someone dropped a tool, whenever the diverter is down. Not 100% sure though.

Thanks will try to pay attention to it.

1 month later
#7028 5 years ago

Got error switch 11 left loop made stuck open.
See picture..the opto is out if the holder..
Arent they glued or soldered in place ? I can move it around touching the wire from below the playfield. Have to disassemble the ramp to reach this..

20190125_103759 (resized).jpg20190125_103759 (resized).jpg
#7034 5 years ago

Thanks guys. Was able to figure out how it was. Didn't find it in the manual. Just black box where opto goes in, lid is missing so I used electric tape.
Was happy to only needed to remove the left ramp and not everything else to remove that metal ramp itself..

2 weeks later
#7238 5 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

Does anyone know if you can use a different ssd when the current one goes out as long as it's same size or larger capacity?
Thanks!

No idea. I assume you need to take a backup of the ssd now while its running and cannot wait until.it crashes, put an empty new ssd in and do a software upgrade?
Is all the os on the ssd or also part on the pc ? Does anything start with the ssd removed ?

1 week later
#7317 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

there are multiple strategies to get a million plus.
Still my favorite: go for modes. Win the modes and get the sim card. Avoid to lock the ball after the first mode and try to get delay the multiball as long as possible start it during a hard mode while allready some sim cards collected. A SIM card is worth 100k. A mode with SIM card mutliplier is worth some 100ks. So a millian is easy to reach after one or two SIMs collected.

My suggestion would be the complete opposite.. (first: put the game on 5 balls instead of 3)
I agree you need to play modes and get sim cards (especially try to do a few on ball 1 already) to get a good score, this may be difficult if you're not a good player and when you drain often whilst trying to make the specific shots for a mode.
So for someone like that I suggest to go for combos, lock balls, play multiball as much as possible. Don't waste time playing bob modes, shooting drones, .. in single ball mode, just keep on making ramp shots. While in multiball you will more easily make the shots to finish modes, collect a sim card, ..

1 month later
#7474 5 years ago

My DI also had problems. The divertor lug was too high and slow balls just stopped against it. Not enough room to adjust the mechanism (already goes as low as it can go). I bent the tip of the lug so it's more down between the ramp wires and now it correctly deflects all pinballs, also very slow moving..

1 month later
#7708 4 years ago

Congratulations LTG !

3 months later
#8991 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Any cool must have mods for DI?

The target stickers someone from Germane sells here..

5 months later
#9862 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Anyone heard anything about Pindemption / Timed game for DI.
Timed game would be great.

I've asked about it before. Pindemption isn't developed for DI..
Would be great if they just made something available as a software update. Like safecrackers timed mode..

3 weeks later
#9941 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Is there anything in the software that makes a LE

Not sure as I haven't tested it, but as the dongle has your serial number they could do this easily..
Someone with both types could easily test it by plugging in the SE dongle in the LE machine and see if the leds still work..

3 months later
#10561 3 years ago

In some modes the ball gets dropped but then QED should move around the middle to divert the ball.
In other modes the ball is launched towards the back of the playfield (like the Shadow lock).
If your game doesn't do this (and always just drops the ball down) then you have to change the timing settings for it..
somewhere in the thread it should be mentioned a few times how to do it..

#10611 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

A little help please. Can someone tell me when the ball is supposed to be briefly held in the theater and then flip into the pop bumpers? Is it only in a particular mode that action occurs? On my game I now have the theater magnet passing all tests and I can get the ball to briefly hold and then shudder on the theater magnet and then flow into the pops when the delay is set at -200 and when it is in test mode. But I do not see that happen in actual game play. It either goes 'stdm' or passes quickly into the pops without any 'shudder' or 'fling' movement happening.Also, I do not see the magnet holding the ball briefly. Is it supposed to? I reviewed the DI game flow chart but I can't find an answer there so maybe someone knows what is supposed to occur? Thanks for any help offered.

It shouldn't end in the popbumpers but have more speed and go all the way around to the right.
Try to adjust the delay timer for the magnet in the settings..

3 months later
#11057 3 years ago

So.. as we have a bluetooth dongle, do you think we'll get an update that gives bluetooth audio ?

And good it's out ofnl stock finally.. maybe prices on used machines will start to increase now

1 year later
#12426 2 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
do you know how the theater magnet works?
Should the ball be returned up or down?
The magnet can be adjusted through the menus.
How does it work ? Does it increase the power of the magnet?
The closer we get to 0, the stronger the magnet or vice versa?
thank you
seb

In some modes (there are other posts here with the details when and when not) the ball will return upwards onto the playfield, so it goes around the back and returns to the right upper flipper.

I believe the number changes the timing before the magnet activates (so time before it deactivates and activates again for a short pulse), so the ball has time to roll downwards before the magnet pulses it to shoot the pinball upwards.
If the delay is too small the ball won't get enough power (not enough upwards movement in the pinball), if the delay is too long then the ball can get too far away from the magnet to be grabbed, and falls downwards.
I don't think the number should be near 0.

#12436 2 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello, thank you for your answers.
I managed to adjust the magnet. on the other hand, from time to time, when I turn on the flip, I have a noise coming from the subwoofer of the body (a tac tac tac) .... if I turn the flip off and on again, the noise disappears. an idea?

Search for 'ground loop' here.
It's a known issue, some games have it more loud than others. You can buy a ground loop isolator that fixes (or reduces) the issue..

4 weeks later
#12493 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Got my LE yesterday in a trade. Question about the below pic. Is this where most of your wire form is screwed into place? The ball returns so fast the the left inlane and many times falls off, im wondering if its because of this.
Next the theatre magnet. The magnet loves to drop the ball SDTM. Is the only fix to just make sure game is level?
Lastly the left outlane post. Mine is in the hard position and it looks like Id have to take the wireform off to move it, do most have it in that hard position?[quoted image]

There's a clear plastic to install over the end of the ramp.
Early games didn't have it and you couls request it from jjp. Late run machines had it installed from factory.

4 weeks later
#12572 2 years ago

But if you don't want to risk scratches on your glass you have to close the door whilst removing / putting the glass back in.. so the ball gets kicked into play anyway whilst you're putting the glass back.

6 months later
#12983 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Has anyone else had the electric guy scratch the glass from underneath. I put a fresh piece of voodoo glass in and noticed scratch marks on the underside of the glass right where his path of travel is. He clears it fine in the test mode. I am wondering if hitting him while he moves causes his bolts to hit the glass.

No, but I have scratches in my glass around that spot from taking the glass out with coin door open..

#13000 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

I was thinking about modding them, but didn't yet because of minor usage in newer software. My idea would be to mount them on a spring instead of the screw and give the cables a little more space. The drones would not just spin but also fly off a little bit. Wouldn't that be cool if it was working? Maybe it's an idea and someone here can do that

I tried something similar and wanted to 3d print a holder so they could move up.
Didn't continue after some tests as the cables don't have much space.

2 months later
#13122 1 year ago

Had that yesterday also on my game, luckily after trying again it booted well.. so have no solution for you if it never goes further..
Check if every connector is still ok, especially the usb between cpu and driverboard ?

10 months later
#13455 8 months ago

Check if you are on the latest software version and update if necessary.
I believe old versions checked for the dongle and later versions don't complain about it.

4 months later
#13522 3 months ago
Quoted from ripit:

I haven't found anything on alternative Instruction cards for the le. Are there any out there

Not that I know of.
I think most people remove the instruction card metal plates and enjoy the artwork on the apron.

4 weeks later
#13555 86 days ago
Quoted from locksmith:

Thinking of buying one. Looking to spend $7k on a nice le model. Is there a particular build date I should look for that is less likely to give me problems. Thanks

Can't tell you a specific date, but later run models usually are better. First versions had worse or no scoop protectors installed I believe ?
Later run versions have the clear plastic on the end of the ramp near the left slingshot (this was optional for older games, you had to ask for it) and also had the printed manual included with the machine.

1 week later
#13569 79 days ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

It appears I'm one of the few people on earth who has rarely experienced flipper fade on any of my pins. I've never felt it on DI or any JJP for that matter. But if people are having that issue, and this helps, great.

I'm looking forward to upgrading my machine.
It's not that DI gets weak flippers but they are not consistent.

For instance on the left ramp when you can repeat it for 1000 points extra each shot, I can usually only get to 4 or 5 shots. In all the years I own this machine I never made it to 10 shots, 7 or 8 is my maximum.
After a few shots the power or snappyness of the flipper changes and it'll not make the ramp shot cleanly anymore. I flip with the ball on the same position on the flipper, I know how to play pinball and can repeat ramp shots on other games. On my DI, I can't, the ball will follow a slightly different path suddenly.

Same with the BOB targets, especially in the mode with fire. Sometimes I can consistent shoot the top target, sometimes it'll miss and go in the left loop.

I really hope this upgrade will remove the inconsistency.
Great if others don't feel this and if you can repeat 10 ramp shots on your machine. My machine doesn't allow this.

#13589 74 days ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Two questions for someone unfamiliar with this machine.
1. I see references to the USB Blu-tooth dongle in the manual-mainly saying to reattach the dongle after removing it for updates, backups, etc. However, I can't find anything referring to what the dongle is used for. What's it there for?
2. The mylar is blistered on my theater magnet. Is there any easy way to fix this without removing the theater?

1. Not in use anymore.
When the game shipped, there was an app for your mobile phone.
You could pair your phone, flip via your phone or get the shot that ends a mode via your phone.

JJP dropped this and removed the app from the appstore. The software was updated so it doesn't give an error anymore when the dongle is not found.

A few years later they introduced scorbit support and you could buy a wifi dongle to connect your machine to the Internet. Same ending, jjp cancelled scorbit support, that dongle is now also useless.

1 month later
#13620 14 days ago
Quoted from Mishap:

Hey folks, been wanting a Dialed In for quite some time, in communication with a (reputable) seller, but may not be able to check it out in person first, anything specific that's worth asking for in video? This would be my first JJP, so unfamiliar if there are any common issues to check out/ask about. Thanks!

See my post: later run machines are overall better than the early batches:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/272#post-8003811

And to add, see if all playfield leds work.

#13625 14 days ago

The opto inside the quantum theatre died
First time I have an opto problem on a JJP machine.

Are these the same opto emitter and receiver leds as used on wpc machines?

#13627 14 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Different case. Snap into hole in wall where it goes.
Did yours die ? Or one side fell out of hole it's pushed into ?
LTG : )

Not sure yet. It doesn't register, game gives an error about it.
Have to completely remove the theatre to be able to inspect what is wrong , that's something for this weekend.

2 weeks later
#13641 9 hours ago

I've updated my game review of Dialed In. Not surif everyone agrees with me, but it's all my opinion

https://www.flippers.be/pinball/jjp/dialedin/dialedin.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeneas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=aeneas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.