IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adol75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9545 4 years ago

I really dig that game more and more, I end up only playing Dialed In at my location that has 50+ pinballs.

The one thing I still don’t get is the “upper” playfield, the transparent piece on top of the pop bumbers. There’s a hole in the middle but I dont see any opto or through and going in it doesnt seem to do anything.

10 months later
#11095 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

My DILE arrives Tuesday and I can’t wait. I got a chance to play GNR yesterday thinking I might have some regrets because I could have gotten it for $500 more and although it was fun, I still liked DILE better. I even liked the new Avengers or JP better. It was beautiful and hands down some of the best animations and playfield I have ever seen, but too many multiballs and add a balls for me to want to own. If I have a multi pin collection I would own it but I can have two max.

Same ! I put my TSPP for sell to buy a GnR, then I saw a bunch of gameplay videos, got scared by the permanent multiballs and went to buy a DILE. I'll go get it in a couple weeks and I can't wait !

#11097 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

That’s awesome! Have you played it yet!?

It took me a while to realize how fantastic DI is, I didn't like it much at first, then I got one game where it all came together and I saw that the game flows like no other. It doesn't reward instantly like other JJP games, it's a game of sequences IMO if you get it right you get the score and the real fun the game can provide.

I got hooked up to it ever since.

#11113 3 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Got a call this morning that my game is going to be delivered tomorrow! I may not sleep tonight.

I'm 2 weeks away from getting mine, and I can't sleep already !

1 week later
#11288 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It's great to see much more demand for this game now and so many more appreciating its greatness. Seems g@r has made non jjp fans look at all other jjp pins also. Seems many are looking for dile and Wonka le now . Both are amazing games and glad they are getting the attention they deserve. I said it years ago that di will be a must have years from when it came out and looks like were beginning to see that. Only thing is they are done making di apparently... so cld be difficult in the near future to find one. Same goes for wonka le ..seems many are looking , but not many around nib and also seems it's done being made . If your on the fence with dile I'd recommend getting one soon. The same for wonka le. Both are my favorite pins of all time and glad I was in from the beginning. Also looking fwd to some hopeful surprises with the new code updates for all the older jjp pins.

I'm a JJP fan, what GnR did was to make me look into getting a Dialed In

#11324 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Joining the club on Saturday!

Same ! I'm joining the club this Saturday, and I can't wait !

#11335 3 years ago

I've just finished setting up this beauty today ! Time to play !

PXL_20201108_184353930 (resized).jpgPXL_20201108_184353930 (resized).jpg
#11339 3 years ago

20 games later I had to take a break, but surprisingly my wife is still going at it. She probably played 5 games of WOZ in 2 years, if that's not a sign it's a great game I'll be damned !

#11350 3 years ago

I have a simple rule question but I can't figure it.

I don't get how to light the lock, I read you have to shoot both ramps which I keep doing but it doesn't light the lock.

Am I missing something ?

#11353 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

First time, you just have to complete the first mode. After the first MB, you light the lock by hitting both ramps. After the second MB, you have to hit both ramps one after the other (a combo). I’m not sure after that. I’ve never had more than three of the regular MBs. I’m assuming it is the same from there on in.

Ok I get it now. Is it always a 2 ball multiball or does it go up with each round ?

I bought DI instead of Guns and Roses because I wasn't into the multiball frenzy but I wouldn't mind one once in a while !

#11357 3 years ago

Surprisingly I got my first 3 ball mb right after reading your answers !

At first I thought the 2 ball mb was a consolation prize for players who suck and I'm definitely one of those for now but I'm getting better at it !

#11370 3 years ago

There is definitely something special with DI, I had friend over last night, WOZ got played once while 10 people were waiting to play DI.

I must say playing WOZ felt slow and clunky for me too, but I won't draw conclusions as to letting it go too fast, it might just be a temporary attraction to the new toy.

#11397 3 years ago

My phone scoop sends the ball SDTM, 1 out of 10 times which is starting to be frustrating. I tried setting it up higher but the ball hits the rails, and lower the ball barely comes out
Is there a secret trick to avoid that ? My game looks decently levelled so I don't know what else to try.

#11419 3 years ago

My girl (don't know her name yet) is squeaky, I have some silicon lube where should I apply it ?

#11431 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I didn’t get what you meant at first because mine worked fine out of the box. Like when you hit the subway doors and it holds it for a second then shoots it around the right orbit.

Oh interesting. My magnet works fine but it doesn't shoot the ball when I hit the subway doors, it holds the ball and sends it back down.
I figured it made sense since the ball bumps against the doors

#11437 3 years ago

I'm posting this again, as it got lost on the way. I need to put some lube on the lady that holds the diverter to the "upper playfield', where should I apply it ?

#11440 3 years ago

Thanks Lloyd, I'll give it a shot tonight.

#11445 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

My plays are a lot shorter than I would like though lol. I did however just nail the backhand to the phone scoop shot down so my games are dramatically improving.

The backhand shot is the easiest way to hit that phone scoop. The shot from the left often bounces back against it.

#11455 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

But don‘t you hate it when you don‘t release the flipper button fast enough and block your phone shot with the upper flipper...

Yep that happens to me a lot, I often forgot to release the button when I do this shot
I should be used to it, WOZ has a very similar shot to this one

#11458 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Can you half press the flipper button so only the lower flipper extends to backhand to the Phone?

I can do it without a ball in play, but with a ball it takes some skills I don't have

#11461 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I did, and of course I can drop it in that slot 100x when I don’t have a SIM card, only changes I made was making the modes a little easier (I believe it gives your more time) and the sim carry over. I love the game, and need to get better

I've never managed to hit that hole directly from the upper right flipper. My best success rate is by bouncing against the big bang target

3 weeks later
#11547 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Man the Big Bang is such a key thing in this game, now that I am focused on it more the whole game has opened up, adds such a great level of strategy and excitement

Does the Big Bang give you anything more than a big score bonus ?

#11549 3 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

It ends the mode you're in successfully and if you are in main multiball, it gives you all the jackpots. Great if both is happening at the same time!

So basically, everytime you start a mode you can just hit the big bang targets repeatedly and complete all the modes ?

Wow that is quite a change in strategy

#11575 3 years ago

I do like the theme, it's light, fun, has some good moments and more than anything it serves the gameplay well.

Unlicensed pins are a rarity nowadays, and this one does a great job at it.

I will agree that the multiball score is frustrating, I play multiballs because it's my best shot at hitting the B randomly or the sim card shot. But after hearing Jackpot and Double jackpot twenty times and looking at the score it does feel low ball

#11588 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Mom Jeans are back in style - that stonewashed denim could never stay out of the fashion spotlight forever.
I'm almost done with my latest mod which is a pair of 64" waist jordache jeans pulled up over my front legs and a pair of white new balances put over the feet.
My only hang up is the orientation, do i face the jeans with zipper towards me or the back pockets, the shoes would obviously need to follow suit.

So you will either nudge a zipper or the back pockets of a pair of pants ! Interesting !

1 month later
#11694 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m thinking of trading my DILE or a Wonka LE. Good or bad decision?

I'm allergic to Wonka, I might have missed the point as there are a lot of folks like it but to me all there is to shoot is on the upper right part of the playfield, the gobstobber shot is on the left but I find it terribly unrewarding.

On the other hand I'm a big fan of DI, it flows endlessly and has so much to offer.

1 week later
#11711 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Opened my NIB just a few weeks ago.
Wow. What a great game. Loving it way more than I thought I would. Bought DP around the same time, but DI gets more play at the moment.
It's my first JJP, so flippers took a bit of getting used to.

DI has a different flipper feel than other JJPs, my WOZ has far more brutal flippers who slap the ball. DI flippers feel more like the rest of the game, smooth as butter and aimed at being a part of the flow.

#11723 3 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Maybe not, but my balls get stuck quite often on switches if the ball is traveling slowly, and also on the QED guy's leg. Ball hits the channel he's in, and then sticks to his leg. I have to wait for the ball finder routine to send the QED guy over to the train ramp to knock the ball loose.

You might want to tilt the playfield a bit more. Mine was set where JJP recommends and the ball kept being stuck on the QED guy. I added half a bubble more and that's all it took

For the phone scoop try to lower the coil power a bit, I still can't get it to shoot the right flipper but at least it doesn't go stdm.

#11731 3 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

my drones spin fine in test but never during a game (although I tried activating them with the glass off and they were spinning just fine).

Same here, I very rarely see them spin but in test they work perfectly.

@aaltan What did you repair on them ?

#11738 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I identified the individual motors that were causing the current not to flow and replaced those motors. As you may already know, you can identify the bad motors by manually spinning the propellers and, if the other 3 start spinning, then that motor is likely bad.
I've got a bit more info about it and pictures on my web site (https://aaarpinball.com/DialedIn/DI.htm)

Thank you ! That's a great source of info, I bookmarked it

#11744 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Any of you have BOTH the new GNR and DI? Or did you part with a DI and have a GNR? Curious to know if I would regret the switch? I can only have three machines... 1 is a STTNG (never leaving), JP, and DI... but super intrigued by the GNR experience. I hear though there aren't any satisfying shots, and DI has plenty of those... DI is tops in my book. The JP dinosaurs though... and t-rex... hmmm.... damn.
Thoughts to fellow DI fans? Would I regret the decision to sell DI for a GNR or do I full send and sell the DI and get a GNR?

I sold my TSPP the day JJP revealed GNR, I was in to buy one. I started watching a bunch of gameplay videos and realized the multiball madness wasn't for me so I bought a DI and I don't regret it one second.

1 month later
#11861 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

It's definitely a bonus for development flexibility end engineering cost associated to it, not so much for long term reliability. Their MTBF is not designed for extensive duration. The issue will appear in 10y+, and as those boards are not manufactured even today, it's going to be hard to find an exact replacement. And it's not as straightforward to port migrate the entire SW stack to a new motherboard /graphics board combo, unless JJP invests the engineering resources to port it over.
So bottom line, I must admit unless JJP takes active step for SW maintenance allowing migration to new HW platforms (CPU, motherboard, graphics), I would be very cautious at considering any JJP pinball machine as a long term collector item (ie 10y plus)
Just my own personal feeling

I wouldn't be that pessimistic. Aside from the fact that I can still find motherboards and processors from the 90s, the one common fail point is the capacitors that are easy to replace.

Also a replacement mobo doesn't have to be the exact same one, as long as the chipset is equivalent it will run seamlessly on different brands/models

And last but not least you can also look into virtual machines.

Personally I would be more worried about proprietary boards than about generic pc electronics, one sells in confidential numbers, the others in dozens of millions.

#11865 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

OK- that’s interesting with the isolator..
Another thing, the Phone scoop- pitch is OK I think, the phone scoop kick out- reduced it a while ago and then removed the scoop protector to reduce bounce outs... anyway.. put it back up to 17 today (JJP recommendation) and the ball fires out and hits the cross over ramp. Think the scoop itself the roof could need bending down a bit, anyone else have this issue?

I still can't find the proper setting for that phone scoop. It's either too strong and the ball goes stdm, or weaker and It's anywhere between hitting the ramp or bouncing on the playgirls, these 2 cases worry me about damaging the playgirls so I leave it higher but lose too many balls.

It's annoying that's for sure, I'll take any idea on how to fix that

1 month later
#11913 2 years ago

I need to adjust a switch on the left bumper, he fires by himself. Is there a tutorial to do that properly ? I don't know if I need to bend the front leaf or the back one, how far to bend it and where.

Any help appreciated.

#11916 2 years ago

Thank you !

2 weeks later
#11957 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

I need to replace the reflective glass in the theatre. Are there any guides on how to remove the theatre, it looks complex!

I'm curious, why do you need to replace that glass ? Did a ball hit it ? Is it just plain dirty through time ? Cleaning that thing is not in my maintenance schedule, but I'm wondering if I should add it.

1 week later
#11983 2 years ago
Quoted from BriFi:

For those of you wanting a physical DI Operations Manual, JJP just found a limited supply in their factory. I ordered mine right away. Get 'em while they last!
https://pinballwizard.com/products/dialed-in-operations-manual

It popped up on my Instagram feed, I got one right away. I got 15$ shipping added which doubled the price but I'm still happy to finally get one

2 weeks later
#12013 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

I finally got to play a DI at Barcade in NYC. The theme never grabbed me from watching videos or reading about it, but man in person I LOVE this machine. Absolutely is a blast to play, and certainly would be an awesome addition to any collection.

It was the last game I was attracted to from a distance. After playing it a couple time I bought one, it's bolted in my house, pinball doesn't get better than that

1 week later
#12029 2 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Does anyone know if the App is still available for Android ? I can't find it.

You can still side load the apk file, it's one these bonus freedom android allows.

Just Google jerseryjack.apk

They sometimes comes with malware so if you have an old device it's better to install it threw then check your phone activity to make sure nothing wrong is going on. Other option is to use a malware scan, there's a bunch.

#12038 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Mine just keeps saying it cant find Dailed In. How do you conect the app to the game?

That's one of the reasons they removed the app, connecting through bluetooth is very random. It doesn't work at all on my Pixel 4, but I took an old Samsung phone and it connects perfectly.

There was a big change in bluetooth protocol support 3 or so years ago, and a lot of apps stopped working then. I would advise to find an older phone running an older version of Android, it's your best shot.

Also check that the BT dongle is plugged in, more troubleshoot infos on this thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-smartphone-app-connection-solution

1 week later
#12070 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Well I don't know of any "positive" rule, and if there are, well, I'll be damned an leave this thread immediately. Not that I have anything bad to say about DialedIn, to me it's been operating flawlessly, but it's a question of principle.
And the reason I asked whether the code would run on another consumer motherboard of the same form factor is simply because if it breaks down the road and you can't find an equivalent motherboard, what do you do ? Same for the graphics board for that matter (which is even harder to find).

There is no graphic card, it runs on the built in graphic chipset

1 week later
#12123 2 years ago

I want to remove the cliffy on the phone scoop and replace it with mylar. It's bent on the side and make it hard to shoot.

Is there a tutorial somewhere to remove the cliffy ? Do I just pull on it or is it more subtle ?

#12130 2 years ago
Quoted from StachedMan:

Just an observatio from an old pinball guy (been playing since 1965 … collecting since 1980) i grew up playing games on location an1 some sucked and some were good … BUT back in the day we never bitched that some shots were almost impossible … thats designed in … … so
Here is my 2 cents on the protectors (mine has original jjp ones) … its the way it was designed … just play the machine the way it is … start modifying playfield stuff what is next … moving ramps and posts to make life easier ? Pat Lawler machines were designed to be captivating AND infuriating at the same time … Dialed In is the epitome of his design .. love it or leave it …

As a long time video game player I couldnt agree more with you. Everyone is bitching old games are too hard instead of blaming their own lack of skills killed by a decade of no game over video games the norm since gaming is a multi billion dollar industry.

1 month later
#12240 2 years ago

Having to trade the Dialed In app for Scorbit is a real bummer to me. Obviously I really want to get Scorbit on all my games, the whole thing is super compelling, but I also like playing pinball with my phone, the kids also love it, they almost only play with the phone actually, must be a generational thing.

I'm pretty sure JJP got drowned into service tickets for the bluetooth connexion, it's random between devices, often breaks between different Android version and frequently gets lost with the phone maker firmware (Samsung typically) that sits on top of the Android base, but when it works, it's a one of a kind feature, never seen before and never seen after, almost a piece of pinball history on its own.

Giving up on that, kinda sucks actually.

#12241 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Finally got it. Mounted the dongle directly on the motherboard and all is well. It just did not like the extension for some reason.

Maybe the extension cable doesn't have power wired.

#12245 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

The reality here is that JJP could make this work over WiFi or Ethernet (Phone communicates over WiFi, then end up at Dialed In via WiFi or Ethernet) and it would probably be 100x more consistent. The latency shouldn't be any worse as long as your WiFi network isn't congested.
Maybe you can convince JJP to head down that road...

They removed the app from the store a while ago, I think they gave up them and made it just a bit more official

#12313 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Disagree. That bottom BOB target is so hard to hit, some option to be able to light it is a very good idea. Right now it is nearly random.

I agree it would be great to roll the light on BOB, hitting the first B is totally random.

4 weeks later
#12427 2 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
do you know how the theater magnet works?
Should the ball be returned up or down?
The magnet can be adjusted through the menus.
How does it work ? Does it increase the power of the magnet?
The closer we get to 0, the stronger the magnet or vice versa?
thank you
seb

It depends on the mode, if you look at the screen it will tell you when the ball is supposed to pass through, to be launched up or to be sent back down.
For exemple when the screen shows a spinner it passes through, when you see the train doors it sends the ball back down, when it's a rocket it will hold the ball and fire it up.

The above is correct for the timer, the higher will hold the ball and launch it up or block it, the lower will pass through. What you need to do when you adjust is to find the setting where the ball is held and sent up. When sent up it should at least go high enough to get in the scoop, but mine sends it all the way to the upper lane, sometimes down to the bumpers, and sometimes all the way to the upper right flipper.

1 month later
#12544 2 years ago

My theater magnet doesn't send back the ball sdtm, the one that does that to me all the time is the phone !

#12564 2 years ago

I bought a power regulator, an APC line 1200-R it cost around 100$. My pinball is overall much more consistent but the most visible improvement is that my phone scoop doesn't throw the ball STDM anymore.
I'm happy

#12580 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

I did, and just pulled the protector out altogether, replacing with a bit of Mylar. Infrequent, HUO so I don’t think it will lead to any meaningful wear and tear difference.

I want to do that on mine. Can you point me to the mylar you use ? I'm looking on Amazon but can't figure which one is adhesive and transparent.

1 week later
#12586 2 years ago

I need help before I lose my mind. In trying to remove this pole on the right of the phone scoop to remove the cliffy. I took out the nut under but that pole isn't moving an inch, and I swear I checked 10 times that I removed the right nut.
PXL_20220130_015723445.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220130_015723445.MP (resized).jpg

#12587 2 years ago

Nevermind, I got it out. This was my first time using a hammer under a playfield

1 week later
#12598 2 years ago

50 games later with the cliffy off the phone scoop. Probably the best thing I've done on Dialed In, it's still a hard shot to make but the ball doesn't bounce back when it goes in anymore..

I was prepared to put some mylar but there was already some mylar under the cliffy.

#12601 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I've read about this.
I've thought about doing it.
I haven't done it yet.
I need to.

It would have taken me 10 minutes if I didn't spend an hour trying to remove the right pole, then 30mn to buy a mallet at the hardware store.

I used this video and it helped me a lot.
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/09/17/cliffys-pinball-protectors-full-install-on-jersey-jacks-dialed-in/

2 weeks later
#12658 2 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

What is a "good" score in Dialed In? Trying to gauge my progress -- if any...

I don't know if I'm on the good side, I'm very happy when I pass 1 million, my top score is 1,8 million.
A sidenote : Despite going at it for more than 20 years, I desperately suck at pinball, so take my good score with a grain of salt.

#12673 2 years ago

I've just noticed another positive effect of removing the cliffy on the phone scoop. The balls no longer go STDM when the phone shoots them back. I've put back the coil setting to its default, the game plays super nice and smooth now

I guess I'm gonna remove the sim card cliffy this weekend.

3 weeks later
#12737 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Any suggestions on how to fix SDTM drains from the theatre magnet?
What flipper should it go to when released?
What pitch is suggested for this game?

Your best shot is to play with the theater magnet setting. Mine is around -130 but from what I've seen everyone has a different setting.

In test mode you should see the ball stop on the magnet then be thrown up with enough power to go all the way to the upper right flipper.

In game you will know you have the right setting if the magnet does what the screen shows. Passthrough if you see a spinner, Stop and up with the volcano, send back with the drop target.

I had some STDM issues with the phone scoop but never ever with the Theater.

1 week later
#12763 2 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

You'd have to find a source for the app. I don't believe it is available any more.
It worked fine on my game (not very well for others) but I no longer have that phone.

You can download the app still but not on the play store

#12769 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

apkpure has archived apps, but I didn't see any jjp apk's. Maybe one of the other archive apk web sites?

It was under JJP full name
https://m.apkpure.com/jersey-jack-pinball/com.jjp.jjpapp

#12775 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I got the app to connect to my pin, but then the buttons dont do anything. Is there something I need to turn on in settings?

I don't remember having to turn on anything in settings, what version is your pinball on ?

2 months later
#12915 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Gameplay question, I’m going through disasters with multiballs sprinkled in then get to chaos on quantum city. Is this the general flow or is there something I am missing? How are y’all attacking gameplay? This is a fairly new addition to my lineup so still figuring out how to navigate. Unlike, Wonka for example, where you can stack mini modes(super spinner, etc..) I’m failing to see what to stack and best way to play. Thanks in advance.

Don't shoot the big bang before you start a disaster, then you can hit it and it counts as mode completed

#12917 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

The biggest stacking opportunity is to bring sim cards in to modes. So try to collect those sim cards before starting a new mode. Also you can skip multiball after you lock the second ball by hammering on the flippers (watch the phone screen for the cue)

What's the phone screen cue ? I didn't know you could skip multiball. And if you skip how do you get multiball after that ?

2 weeks later
#12924 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I need a little phone scoop help. I have a protector on there now, and a protector inside a bag of Cliffys that was part of the Dialed In kit. I assume the protector in the bag is an actual Cliffy, and the one installed is factory. Two questions:
1) How can I tell the difference for sure, because
2) Which is better at lowering rejects?
I have a lot of rejects from that shot. The ball appears to fall into the hole partway and then pop back out again more often than I think it should. My searches seemed to give inconsistent answers. Anyone?

I had tons of rejects from the cliffys, it made playing the game painful, so I removed it and put some mylar instead. The playfield is protected and my shots go straight in the phone.

6 months later
#13201 1 year ago

I had the naive idea that I could pile up the sim cards and collect them all with one shot in the dreaded sim card hole.
And of course it failed, you still need to get them one at a time.

1 week later
#13214 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Excited to be back in the club. DILE was the first and really only game I’ve sold that I missed. Found a DICE and I’m back
A couple of things:
in long games the phone screen goes black, a power cycle fixes it. Is this a software problem or should I be ordering a new screen from JJP?
What causes the left lane diverted to go up and down? Seemed like my last game it was down the entire time, and then I tested it, next game it was up most of the time. One game it was not quite to the top and blocking the ball. Before I dive in just curious as to if there are traditionally issues with it. I didn’t have any with my DILE.
Finally - the reason I got rid of my last one because I was bummed about that Sim card shot (I know the story with the protector, etc). What is the best repeatable way to make that? Almost all the time rejects off of the right flipper. I hit it a few times off of a deflection from the right theatre target. Any help or advice appreciated!
Lastly, any new beta code beyond the last release code?

Left lane diverter, goes up when a BOB shot is ready after hitting the BOB targets. The big arrow in front of the outlane is lit when diverter is up.

The Sim card shot, removing the cliffy makes the shot way more doable, pretty much the same as the phone scoop, get rid of the cliffy, replace with mylar. Mine had mylar under the cliffy already.

1 month later
#13256 1 year ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

I just purchased a Dialed In LE and it is being shipped to me right now. As a new owner of this used game, I was looking forward to trying out and showing off the cell phone / blue tooth / wi-fi interactive capabilities which were heavily marketed features of the game when it was released. Just look at the flyer which focuses on touting that Dialed In was "the first machine to feature Bluetooth connectivity, a camera, and additional player capabilities through a smartphone." These were the ONLY three features specifically mentioned in the Dialed In flyer, so this was clearly key to their touting the Dialed In product and a key to the linking of the features to the game's cellphone theme.
If I understand what is going on correctly, two of these three features highlighted in the Dialed In flyer will no longer be possible on a Dialed In machine. Does Jersey Jack have any plans to either return to supporting the Jersey Jack app that was created at the time of the release of Dialed In specifically for that game or doing something else to allow one to utilize these heavily marketed features specific to the Dialed In machine? What looks like it might be the company decision to cut-off the ability to use two of three features heavily touted when Dialed In was being sold would provide evidence of Jersey Jack's lack of interest in servicing and supporting both customers and Jersey Jack products after the sale.
This evidence would make me think twice before ever considering owning a Jersey Jack pinball machine in the future. In other words, a Jersey Jack pinball machine would become "an offer I could refuse" because I would not be comfortable with assuming the company would provide sufficient support and service after the sale.

So JJP did remove the app from the app stores, and I also think they removed the code from the firmware in one of their later updates, seems they have no plan on bringing these features back.

They are a gimmick, but I do like to show them off once in a while, I still find it super fun and unique. The one thing that really changes the gameplay is that you can hit the big bang button on the app anytime you want instead of having to hit the target which makes it easier to complete a mode.

Now if you want to play with it, you can download the APK file, it's all over the Internet and side load it on the Android device, but you also need to check the firmware version your game is on, and avoid updating it, so you have the build that still have the code for this feature.

#13258 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

A gimmick to some, actually useful for others. One of the reasons I had my eye on a Dialed In was controlling the flippers with a phone. My wife is disabled and has a hard time using the regular flipper buttons. IF the phone control had worked well, it would have been absolutely awesome. But it's not available anymore. And, I've been told it was pretty spotty at best. But knowing that BEFORE I bought it might have changed the decision at the time.

Accessibility is a good point that they've probably didn't thing about
It is spotty to setup, I think they removed it because they got tired of getting support calls to figure how to connect. And they had these problems because they didn't implement Bluetooth support properly, so it was failing on some devices, working on others etc.

#13261 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I disagree. Customer service is part of the brand value. If a brand is unable to establish a decent support network, service and parts, it's on them, and it decreases their brand value.
As for shipping cost and duty: when managed by a distributor, shipping and tax duties are far lower. VAT is equivalent, true, but I don't need to pay VAT in that case on shipping cost, which is the case when importing myself from the US.
Your example of the clock is not relevant. You choosed to import a full product that was not available anywhere else, that's your choice. But my point is that there are European resellers for JJP machines, and it is therefore JJP responsibility to establish a network for spare parts. While JJP are far less frequent in Europe than Stern, there are still quite a few hundred machines, if not more. Stern has setup a dedicated European spare parts center (which is actually not hosted by them from what I know, it's another distributor who manages it for them), JJP could do the same.
And yes, CC and AP are also affected.
That said, since last time I checked, it seems some independent spare parts reseller are starting to carry "some" spare parts. It's a little bit of a search exercize, and many parts are missing, but at least it's a start.

Brand value is expensive, managing spare parts is expensive and being present worldwide is expensive.

JJP has no responsibility to make spare parts available locally they can decide to do it if they want but they don't have to.

Truth is they already have enough supply difficulties for the US market with spare parts that I don't see them starting to build an international network. It might bite them at some points and might drive them to invest more but it's far fetched.

#13273 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I had to bend mine down, now even a slow ball won’t get stuck.

I got mine bent from the previous owner, I was tempted to bend them back up because I thought it looked weird. But now I know why, thank you !

2 weeks later
#13282 1 year ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

LTG
Having a switch matrix issue. I'll post a picture of the notes I have. Any help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated. It looked like the manual pointed to U001, but U002 looks blown out.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If you want LTG support back, you'll have to write JJP and tell them he was their best and most responsive service resource.
#bringltgback

#13297 1 year ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

How many of you have taken off the SIM card cliffy?

Me ! And the phone cliffy too. Both had mylar under. The biggest improvement was on the phone cliffy but the SIM card one gave me a much better hit rate.

I still can't hit it straight from the top right flipper, but it does go in more often.

4 months later
#13421 8 months ago

The only code update I would ask for is to switch BOB targets, I never shoot the first B, I get it randomly when the ball decides to bounce on it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adol75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.