IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RipleYYY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3492 6 years ago

(to follow... )

5 months later
#5327 5 years ago

suppose this has been asked already (post 1332 didnt help me) : how easy (or not) it is to remove the backbox from the cab, as i have some tight stairs to climb... (and of course dont have the pinball in my hands right now)

tanx

#5332 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s hard for a newer game. The back box is heavy as HELL because the whole game is inside it. You will need to desolder the cabinet woofer, and open up the computer case inside the back box in order to get to some of the wires. By comparison, WOZ and hobbit are a breeze. But it is not impossible. It probably took me 2 hours vs 10 minutes for WOZ and Hobbit. But it’s possible, just make sure you get help. Removing the play field is about as easy as TH/WOZ, which is to say not too tough: The play field and back box are very heavy

than may be removing the PF is a better idea... will check for more on this
tanx

4 weeks later
#5636 5 years ago

i'm of course loving Cliffys in lots of situation, but in few others, i also think the Mantis is a better choice, let's list TRON & X-Men for the scoop

#5640 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I had a Cliffy for Xmen and had to take it out because it was causing slow rolls to roll SDTM instead of into the scoop. Very frustrating. Replaced it with a Mantis protector and is very much preferred.

just the same...

2 weeks later
#6070 5 years ago

just by reading you all, i'm really digging to get my DI (soon i hope)...

#6075 5 years ago

the more luckiest/unwanted SIM card shot... bien joué Seb !!!

1 month later
#6461 5 years ago

3 days to go... (let's cross fingers vs unwanted bad karma ! lol)

#6463 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

2 remaining

#6467 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

#6488 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and BOOM !!! oups no, its another topic...
well than TWD is gone (only because after 1 year we surelly have played it more than enough, this one remain for sure in the best STERN pins)
and DI LE 231 is in the house (well, for now in the garage, will have to check how to remove the backbox because this one is larger but mainly very heavy to climb my stairs)

DI (resized).jpgDI (resized).jpg

#6499 5 years ago

on factory setting, how is the outpost/right outlane position ? i suppose at the middle ?
on mine its close at max (previous owner), and i want to play as evbd else
tanx

#6503 5 years ago

tanx

#6510 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

So I guess 1.60 was released on the 12th??

well, quite simple, this is a fresh file available, as 2 days ago i've dowloaded last version for my just arrived DI, and it was 1.57, no 1.60 on that page

#6562 5 years ago

when playing quantum theatre multiball, the animation at the theatre is loosy like in... the twilight zone
not sure this is intended !? i have a doubt, as all is perfect before, and all is perfect after
(code 1.57)

#6566 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes, that is normal and intended.

tanx again

still in the honey moon and discovering while playing lots of things i even didnt think of it...
i know before DI was a very good pinball, but for sure its much more than that !

#6603 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes, that is normal and intended.

and now i can watch the full sequence, yes of course, easy to see it was done on purpose

anyway, a small prob i get more than few times already :

when playing multiball and putting quickly 2 following balls in theatre, these 2 balls remain there, 1 on the magnet, the other magnetized just behind...
i bought the game HUO, not sure if these balls are from factory
for what i found already here, need to buy some low magnetic balls !?

#6649 5 years ago

Ted,

about the lag bug with 1.60/1.61, same here, not a prob to play with, but for sure it was flawless in 1.57, not more now

its as FatPanda said above :

"After a time, the video lags behind the audio and there are pauses moving from one scene or event to the next, like the game cant process or compute fast enough to keep up with what's going on. I dont have any issues with v1.57 at all. It runs smoothly and perfectly. The video looks like it has a lower framerate and stutters"

my pin build date is 19 october 2017

btw, just wanna say : DI is my 1st JJP pin, and as a (good) player, code is important for me
than i'm happy you are here (as Josh for AP), talking/sharing with us, it's something very positive
tanx for that !

#6652 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

I have yet to see any pauses or stutters. I did see (and measure) some slowdown in rendering, but I had to compare side-by-side to convince myself that there was a difference by eye

there is, without a doubt
as gamers on PC (quake champions to just name one), my son & i we directly feel when FPS has dropped, or you have stutters
we're quite familiar with PC hardware/software set-up

in fact, again, same as :

Quoted from FatPanda:

... I noticed the phone image wasnt syncing up with the audio...
It was a noticeable difference. The audio would stop, while the character was still slowly talking.

to me, of course its not 2 seconds out of syncho, its just a little, but you can see/feel it without a doubt
and it was perfect with 1.57

#6669 5 years ago

while in CHAOS MB i agree points are quite low... but may we didnt do what we have to !?

+1 about the LED at left entry ramp, but OK, easy to tweak that by ourselves...

and (we may be wrong) what we found in new 1.60/1.61 code while its not listed on the txt file :

- ball saver insert is blinking more & more quickly before light go off (good point)
- now when you get an ADD-A-BALL, you also get few second of ball saver (good point)

#6688 5 years ago

about the lag : it's much less on mine !!!
than not perfect as it was on 1.57, but not so buggy as FatPanda video...

nothing logical in fact !?

#6693 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

...hardware pic...

got the perfect same hardware as you

#6707 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Try unplugging the Bluetooth dongle. I have confirmation from Lermods that the problem went away with the dongle unplugged.
--Ted

you have a PM

#6710 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Unplugging the bluetooth dongle greatly improves screen animation speeds to near normal. Hopefully this can be fixed somehow in the next update.

#6767 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

... and try to find 1.57...

not more on JJP site, but still online, simple quick search

http://128.199.38.78/di/di_update_157.zip

#6782 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is it safe to install the latest code at the moment or is the video lag still a possible issue?

it is...
but not really a prob, try it, and if needeed, go back to the old one

#6783 5 years ago

first time i got a ball blocked behind the phone, even if its quite impossible to rebound there (but "quite" is not 100%)...

20190103_131818 (resized).jpg20190103_131818 (resized).jpg

and as i've redone the CRAZY BOB sign myself, i need a simple protector there, before i got an airball attack

20190103_140023 (resized).jpg20190103_140023 (resized).jpg

btw, i love this game !!!

#6787 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Dialed In high scores.
LTG : )

can you tell me/us more about your game (on how, tactically, reach 12M !? after showdown, did the multiplicators modes remains ?)
as mine high is "only" 7.3M, having reached/played armaggedon on ball 2, played the modes the best i can (as collecting 6 SIM cards, the others 2 were ready & waiting), and last 2 balls (EB +3rd ball) only aiming for that f***** SIM scoop but with no success (there's a cliffy on it)

my pin is on factory settings (than no EB on points), with the SIM cards memory of course, and set 2 TILT warnings per ball as its more than sensitive (let's say as in tournaments)

tanx

PS : my combo champ is 26...

#6788 5 years ago

29 now !!! this pin is the "combo-fiesta"
tanx Pat, its playing like butter

20190103_223626 (resized).jpg20190103_223626 (resized).jpg

#6798 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

... and replay on points.

that's the case, no extra pts or no extra balls here... else its too easy lol

Quoted from FatPanda:

2 Tilt warnings per game, no SIM card memory

personal feeling, and my TILT is so sensitive if you'll fart while playing, you'll get a warning
i know the big wizard mode is something you dont have to reach often in pinball, but SIM cards without memory seems harder than to complete portal in TRON !? btw, i'm not a pinball wizard, only a good player

Quoted from LTG:

I'm the wrong guy to ask that. I have no idea in hell.LTG : )

ha zut (lol)... and anyway, well played than !

#6800 5 years ago

doesnt have it, but simple similar search and...

http://159.203.76.48/di/DialedIn-v1.50.iso

#6811 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

What say you all? Waste of money or good idea?

as a player, i was following DI since the beginning
got home more than few recents STERN, and i know them all of course
after 1 year playing TWD, it was time to try something else, and for sure it was the perfect timing to finally get a DI
in term of gameplay, i have absolutly no regret, this pin is top without a doubt, accessible/easy for beginners, hard/deep enough for good players

you want one ? go for it !

#6814 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

... But also alot of bugs...

!!!??? please, tell us more, i'm curious

even if of course, some few things may need minor tweaks, but (gameplay) code is mature and more than very good already

#6818 5 years ago

the more funny (take this friendly of course) is that you have a GB in your gameroom ... (i like it too & own it before)

#6820 5 years ago

just to let me know, what is your combos hi-score ?
i'm now at 31... i think its a lot, but i have nothing to compare !?
tanx

#6821 5 years ago

and to the DI team, 2 more places with trapped balls :

- (this one funny) just behind QUED, which was on the right position, and the ramp, after an airball : ball fall to the PF when QED move left with the ball search
- on the plastic at the right of the lower drone : can't get the ball back while nudging, need the glass off... surelly another easy tweak there

20190105_213622 (resized).jpg20190105_213622 (resized).jpg

20190105_213630 (resized).jpg20190105_213630 (resized).jpg

in fact, seems lots of airballs came with shots on the left post of the phone scoop (and may be with some help of the cliffy !?)

#6823 5 years ago

to be honest, dont know/remember...
btw, it is showed while in attrack mode, than check & tell me later
tanx

#6834 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Ha, GB is actually a driving force behind me getting a DI. I do enjoy playing GB, but i want a game that won't be a dick and allow me to progress in modes when I'm doing good, rather than give me the middle finger. I have been busy shopping a game to make some room so just catching up.
On the bugs comment, i have been watching this thread for about two weeks (wish) and it seems like the majority of the posts are about 1.61 bugs and issues, I am assuming 1.6 was an official release (not following ht game before) and has improvements over 1.57. Im also unaware if the aforementioned podcast animations update for the phone has hit or not. I remember hearing a large update came or was around the corner.
As with another comment, I am keeping an eye out for a LE in the 8000 range but little closer drive than 8 plus hours. I don't get to play this much because there is no local scene other than me and friends, and no one has any JJP. I hope to make a trip next weekend and play some DI before i commit.

ok than

dont misunderstood, the 1.60/1.61 bugs are NOT gameplay bugs, than no worry about that aspect (rules) of the game
if you read the txt file, nothing really important from 1.57 to 1.60
even if all is not listed, for example i've noticed myself these 2 things : a small ball save is now added when ADD A BALL in multiball, and that insert "ball save" is now blinking faster & faster to let you know its near to the end... may be there're some others things !?

#6835 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Replaced my QED guy tonight

well, do you believe in destiny ?

#6856 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I'm just curious - is there a setting for the time for the combo shots?

have not seen something like this in the settings...
anyway, why would you change this ?

#6874 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

The time for the combos should be 2 or 3 seconds longer for me...

ok, simple as that...

1 week later
#6950 5 years ago

a TZ ? a TAF ? or even better, a bit of these 2 ?

1 week later
#7060 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Another observation: When turning the game on, sometimes the theater monitor is displaying the content of the backbox monitor and the backbox monitor stays dark. So you can see the Jersey Jack Pinball boot logo at the theater monitor! The backbox monitor is displaying only the letters DVI and then power save mode. Just when the boot section with the text in the upper left corner of the backbox monitor starts displaying, all is reverting back to normal. I would say this happens 1 time out of 30 times turning the game on. It has absolutely no negative impact on the game as it's all back to normal when the game finished booting but it's weird after all. Does somebody experience this, too?

mine does this quite always at boot

1 week later
#7126 5 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Has anyone got a link to code version 1.57? My phone screen is not outputting the correct resolution and cropping the apps, wondering whether this is consequence of the software update

#7155 5 years ago

well, easy to simply set the pin how you "feel" it home...

first of all, all same pins are not playing same way
not sure about yours "levels" guys, and i can only talk about me (i'm a good player, right now 455 at IFPA)
i enjoy playing my DI while SIM cards carrying over (better i've done is getting D I A L E D + I N blinking/ready)
most of the time, i'm grabbing a SIM by "luck", its very rare i'll get one with a direct shot from the right upper flipper, that shot is not easy... for me !
model is a LE, with cliffys from factory and of course the 2 smalls metal posts

#7168 5 years ago

+1 interesting...

but dont forget collecting a SIM add +1X to the multiplicator : than to keep that attraction of collecting 1 SIM card at a time & when available, a stacked pack of SIM should only give +1X (and not the amount of SIM stacked)

#7195 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

when you have two sim cards qualified it seems still only one dialed in letter is flashing. I think it would be useful to have multiple dialed in letters flashing if you have multiple sim cards qualified

done in 1.60/1.61

Quoted from branlon8:

It also bugs me a bit that you have to go through multiple info screens while trapping a ball to find out how many theatre modes you have completed and how many you have until theatre multiball. With that big screen why not use a small corner to tell you the status?

good point !

#7196 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

This is introduced by v1.60 / v1.61.
Imho the only upside of this version.

dont forget the adding few seconds ball save when "add a ball" in multiball...

#7200 5 years ago

also done that rebound shot (as i was simply aiming for the drones)... same as shooting left targets on TRON to get GEM

#7215 5 years ago

from a "player point of view", would be simplier to just remove the 2 cliffy holes :/ ... but OK, i know, not a good idea as we all have to think about later value lost...

same about phone airballs, surelly cliffy's fault, but mainly i think the left post is the responsible on mine
nobody with a clean/clever idea for a plexi protector over that area ? or why not another post model ? (even with a ring !?)

di (resized).JPGdi (resized).JPG

#7235 5 years ago
Quoted from KellerDj:

Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with JJP support I have left 2 voice messages and 1 email in the last month and no response?

2 mails wroten (on their page), and no response since more than 1 month... (no phone call, i'm in Belgium)

Quoted from ClarkKent:

Found the best way protecting the drone motors: switching them off in the settings...

did the same from firsts days i get the pin, dont really need to have the drones working when playing it (and as it, when i want to sell it, these will work)

#7236 5 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

Does anyone know if you can use a different ssd when the current one goes out as long as it's same size or larger capacity?
Thanks!

see no reason it will not work...

already had the idea to put 2 similars SDRAM banks in the slots (to get DUAL CHANNEL, quite sure this could help)
and let me ask again : did someone know the password to enter the BIOS, or did someone already tried by simply removing the cell ?

#7241 5 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

Thanks, it doesn't recognize the drive anymore. I took it out and tried it on another Dialed In and it gives the same error so it looks like it's dead. I just ordered another 60gb ssd, I'm hoping that booting from a full install thumb drive it will format and do a full installation.

let us know please...

#7243 5 years ago

ok tanx (same as WOZ, just seen), will check that & more this WE

#7271 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I have had my game only a week now. Loving it. Couple of questions. Every time I hit the flipper buttons I am awarded 10 points. Is that supposed to happen?

i'll bet on 1 of the drones...

#7272 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Also, why no extra ball insert? I find this odd as well or am I missing something. Took me awhile to figure out which shot awarded the extra ball

(now you've got it) but quite easy after few games & with the BOB insert :

green : 1st lock possible
blue : alternative BOB mission
red : alternative BOB multiball
yellow : add multiplicator X
and orange : extra ball

#7274 5 years ago

better i get is making D I A L E D while I N was blinking & ready to grab...

here, showdown reached (!!! spoiler !!!) :

#7278 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'll bet on 1 of the drones...

winner !!!

#7282 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

... And...look what I found in the scoop!

i'm in the "trapdoor flap broken" club... :/
still need to found it

#7294 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:i'm in the "trapdoor flap broken" club... :/
still need to found it

better now with the good pic...

trapdoor (resized).jpgtrapdoor (resized).jpg

#7295 5 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

How do you hit the lower B-O-B target? I think, it's just luck on my machine, not possible to hit directly...

indeed... as said by someone else before, seems physically impossible with a flipper shot... a right slingshot rebound most of the time

#7305 5 years ago

and about getting the SIM card hole : seems more & more as an evidence to me that the "TRON rebound GEM shot" is the other way to go ! a left flipper shot to the (+/-) middle drone lane goes often in the SIM scoop... just try it by yourself

well done Mr Lawlor !

3 weeks later
#7432 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverWings:

... its time for a beer.

wont be enough... drink 2 or 3 more

1 week later
#7444 5 years ago

i understand, and surelly we're a large number to understand

i'm still thinking DI is the best pinball i'd ever played

#7454 5 years ago

about the magnet theatre :

on mine, when playing EMP mode, ball is falling down the middle, but than its (quite) always diverted by the magnets (seems logical of course)
on other occasions when its falling down, its diverted by the back of QED moving than (quite) perfectly synchronised...

for me this seems intended (Ted is not far, may be he'll answer)

#7464 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Yes the QED guy moves to essentially divert the ball from a straight drop from the theater is a documented feature in one of the latest releases. I forget which one introduced it. 1.50 or 1.57 maybe.

ha OK, simply missed it in the log file, or it was before 1.57 (i owned DI since few monthes only)

#7489 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is it safe to install the latest software yet? a few people were getting out of sync animations on the phone iirc.

yep my case, but its just so little...
btw, try, its easy/quick to came back if you're not happy

#7498 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Proof that the shot is just that hard....
https://streamable.com/nulxj

yep, a direct hit from the upper flipper is not easy, even more with cliffy installed

but as said already (and done it more than few times just few ago on mine), go for the subway with the left flipper, by a rebound on the drone flat rubber
on mine it works perfect, as this was made on purpose... heu... wait... do we already say that Pat surelly design it that way !!! ...
and this shot works also when QED is on the right position

DI is a fantastic game, and the more i play it, the more i know it

#7525 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I totally forgot if I read somewhere if someone has/hasn't solved this ball trap behind the phone. Did someone come up with a solution? It seems like a post would have to be screwed on at the location I'm pointing at?
[quoted image]

DIY

easy & quick, a small piece of plastic, cutted/folded to block that space, attach it with double tape face or directly with the original protec plastic screw there, as mine... (done right the same on the left plastic for tha BOB sign that i replaced myself too... )

now, if you want to make it more "professional", simply drill a hole on the lexan plate, and put a starpost, sure it will look great & as it was from factory...

WP_20190407_17_47_47_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190407_17_47_47_Pro (resized).jpg

WP_20190407_17_48_06_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190407_17_48_06_Pro (resized).jpg

#7535 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

...starpost...

seems OK to me, one or the other, your choice/taste

#7554 5 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

... Well not to spoil it for anyone but my daughter found objects that fly past the moon at the replay match screen about 30% of the time...

COOL !

never noticed that before, and than i played few games to check it, and yes, got "something" there (but shuuuut no spoiler)
you wrote objects with a S, than i'll be looking for more/others
tanx for the tip, thumbs up for your daughter

1 week later
#7620 4 years ago

i just desactived them (all 3 were/are working) on mine...

#7623 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So if you were to buy just one pin, would you do a diled in LE or a pirates SE?

if you're a player, it will be DI
if you're a collector, than P

#7630 4 years ago

+1 about the trapdoor, but this time for the flap, seems its often broken on this pin !?

it is on mince, but its broken "perfectly" (!) to be right in place with the playfield and to me not needing to be replaced (btw i got the NOS full top piece if... )

#7634 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Make sure that your filter for the ratings also includes the ratings without comments. There's a hand full of really low bogus ratings with no comments that will mess with the rating system.

you mean... haters ?

#7635 4 years ago

to Scott : my son WAS right, it WAS 31... but now its :

240419 (resized).jpg240419 (resized).jpg

#7647 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Agree that the game is great, but there is one code alteration that is needed that would take this game from great to epic. The left flipper should change the lit Bob targets just like the morph targets in Pinball Magic. If you could move the lit targets, you'd be able to at least have a chance to get through the Bob modes. This would bring the Bob features toward the forefront similar to the theatre mb rule changes. If you've played PM, you'll know just how great this feature would be, as PM's targets light kickback in the same way.

yes ! simple idea, but a great one (as the lower target cant be hit with a direct shot), and easy to code

suppose Ted is still not too far and reading here...

#7655 4 years ago

give us that phone back !!!

#7657 4 years ago

i say dont worry with your "level", as you have fun playing, that's the most important...

#7662 4 years ago
Quoted from robm:

For me, highest score is 7M, most of my 'good' scores are 2.5-3.5M. But i can easily have a run of games where i only get 500k to 1M.
I can get to Chaos in maybe 50% of games i play, have got Armageddon maybe 10 times, Final Showdown still eludes me. Just yesterday i changed the sim to carry over, once i see Showdown, i will change it back to factory!
I've owned it for 18 months and love it. Can easily backhand the scoop, but i still am very inconsistent with the SIM shot.

more than the same

#7688 4 years ago

1.57 was more than OK
1.61 add few little things, but also some "probs" as coils power, and glitches in animations
... than try by yourself, if not happy simply go back

SIM card shot : same as the GEM shot on TRON, but inverted : with left flipper > rebound on the right rubber drone > and BOUM, in the SIM hole

crazy bob sign : easy to turn/fix it by yourself, i did it, while i have 2 left hands, than evbd can do it ! lol

#7694 4 years ago
Quoted from jclausing:

I had the game of my life last night but am wondering if i need to put an * next to my 7.6MM score. I got into Chaos multiball and two balls got stuck in front of the mechanics arm. I was able to keep the live ball going for a long time before it drained and I was able to free the stuck balls. Racked up a ton of points during that. Also first time I had completed 6 modes. This game is so much fun just don't know if this round should really count as my best since I got a little help.

that's cheating of course... but nobody knows (lol)...

#7705 4 years ago

ok, another new (small) bug, as this just happend (1.61) :

was playing in THEATRE MULTIBALL, than added on it a BOB MULTIBALL (didnt remember which one)
than, while having 3 balls remaining on the playfield, all 3 in the same time in the SIM scoop (if i tell you i did it on purpose, you'll not believe me !!! lol)
the PHONE scoop only rejected 1 ball (i see another one quite going out on the same time, but fall down in the scoop due to not enough power)

and than, i was playing still in multiball, with only 1 ball on the playfield, and 2 others waiting down in the phone, no ball check or nothing to tell the pin that balls were there (soft prob or switch prob ?)

i did not lose that single ball (which i suppose would have push the game in ballsearch !?), but i've started UNDER ATTACK MULTIBALL, and than the phone scoop did eject these 2 balls

... to Ted for info

#7727 4 years ago

just had my worst game : 17.XXX pts !!! hard to score so low, even on purpose

and at the opposite :

36 (resized).jpg36 (resized).jpg

#7732 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So is this game pretty much done for code

as said above, it is

#7764 4 years ago

not sure QED move in that mode (to block the falling ball), as its generaly done by purpose to be "grabbed" by the center PF magnets...

#7771 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

In the 1.6x code QED moves to block drains most of the time, but not in EMP mode.

yes, my fault, thats why i erased my post (but not quickly enough lol), missed volcano vs emp...

#7780 4 years ago

to Ted,

2 small notices about code (1.61) :

when having the spinner active in theatre, it works well (i mean the ball makes the full turn around) if you dont have anything else using the magnet... else ball is grabbed, its pity to see the spinner spinning in this case
even if i know main modes should have priority to mini theatre modes, something to tweak here !?

(already said i think) when going in ball search, may be would be a good idea to just start with the QED guy moving, as its seems thats there we have the more often a ball stucked

tanx

#7796 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I agree. Many times in a timed mode the ball is sitting behind QED and you have to wait it out (I use my tilts on SDTM from the theatre if it gets close, which is fine).
Also the BOB rotating target would be the a huge improvement so see more of the Quick MB modes. Of course have it a setting to turn off if you like it currently.

i dont think we have to create a separate topic, as DI code is not Ghostbusters...
but in the same time, these few codes post are in the middle of all others...
we all know Ted is on pinside, and so on this topic, but he may just not read all just because he has something else to do

i had some direct mails exchanges with him already, i'm OK to summarize all latest ideas to simply submit them
well than, something else you wanna say about the code ?

- making the 3 BOB targets "rotating" with the left flipper button (as in CAPCOM PINBALL MAGIC) ... lower B is/seems actually impossible to get with a direct shot
- making ball search routine starting with the QED guy
- spinner in the theatre not always spinning (magnet activity) because of the various situations (not sure something could be done here)
- set up/maximise/change the possibility of looping again & again the left ramp (right flipper shot, left flipper pass) whith the 10.000 hurry up... i did this as skillshot while starting a game, my record is now 35 or 36 (see pic somewhere above)
- theatre multiball : when ready and shooting it to start it, cut the magnet sooner, to avoid having a second ball shot in there and having the 2 balls "glued" to the magnet (lets admit it's possibly my balls (oups) fault, being magnetized !?) ... sometimes i even can put a 3rd glueing there too, sometimes it helps to free the 2 others

#7801 4 years ago

didnt remember... armageddon may be

#7819 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i dont think we have to create a separate topic, as DI code is not Ghostbusters...
we all know Ted is on pinside, and so on this topic, but he may just not read all just because he has something else to do
i had some direct mails exchanges with him already, i'm OK to summarize all latest ideas to simply submit them
- making the 3 BOB targets "rotating" with the left flipper button (as in CAPCOM PINBALL MAGIC) ... lower B is/seems actually impossible to get with a direct shot
- spinner in the theatre not always spinning (magnet activity) because of the various situations (not sure something could be done here)
- set up/maximise/change the possibility of looping again and again the left ramp (right flipper shot, left flipper pass) whith the 10.000 hurry up... i did this as skillshot while starting a game, my record is now 35 or 36 (see pic somewhere above)
- theatre multiball : when ready and shooting it to start it, cut the magnet sooner, to avoid having a second ball shot in there and having the 2 balls "glued" to the magnet (lets admit it's possibly my balls (oups) fault, being magnetized !?) ... sometimes i even can put a 3rd glueing there too, sometimes it helps to free the 2 others

nothing more ? sure ?? really ??? ... will wait till next WE then mail Ted

#7826 4 years ago

UPTODATE

- set up/maximise/change the possibility of looping again and again the left ramp (right flipper shot, left flipper pass) whith the 10.000 hurry up... i did this as skillshot while starting a game, my record is now 35 or 36 (see pic somewhere above)
- erratic coils power in 1.61

#7830 4 years ago

WP_20190528_15_23_41_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190528_15_23_41_Pro (resized).jpg

#7832 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've had that happen on Baywatch with a 6 ball multiball. I couldn't nudge it free and had to take off the glass I miss that game.

"round" nudging was enough here, only a warning was lost...

#7833 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I knew I had a pic of it somewhere...[quoted image]

respect ! lol

#7848 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

UPTODATE

ok, just mailed Ted...

#7867 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

We had a few DI at the NW Pinball And Arcade Show this past weekend in a couple lineups with new games like Oktoberfest, POTC, Alice Cooper, MMRM, AFMRM. There were many times I'd walk by and there were lines for everything else but DI was sitting unplayed. It is a hard game to step up to and know what the heck is going on. I've had one for a couple weeks now and I am still pretty lost, other than knowing to hit the electric guy then the phone to start a mode.

rules flowchart : https://scontent.fbru3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27971878_1870098726342048_7922805187565002305_n.png?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fbru3-1.fna&oh=d462f1bb34bfd27e79770be4fb0de41f&oe=5D5673C7

in fact, its very easy to understand, it came quickly by simply playing it...
but OK, sometimes lots of things going on in the same time

#7869 4 years ago

how much is your hi-score while losing points after tilting ?

just done 597.000 ... seems not bad heh

#7892 4 years ago

funny... (well not really)

mine was also (2nd hand) coming with the kickbak coils just the same as yours, and blocking too (how the previous owner did not set up that before ???)

and ball going behind the phone is an easy DIY tweak, see :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uml2ckpome4kgyy/IMGP2281.JPG?dl=0

100% reversing... else, as some others, you can drill the upper PF and simply install a starpost, model of your choice

#7910 4 years ago

another good news, about code suggestions we had here few ago, as i just got a more than positive answer email from Ted...

#7912 4 years ago

well, Ted could say it himself, he's active here (tanx God)
but OK, to answer you, lets say Ted is listening to us...

just a reminder of our ideas (also added the last one from my son) :

- set up/maximise/change the possibility of looping again and again the left ramp (right flipper shot, left flipper pass) whith the 10.000 hurry up... i did this as skillshot while starting a game, my record is now 35 or 36
- actually : when having ATTACK MB available, we can delay it while flipping 2 time, thats nice
but when losing the ball, ATTACK MB became active again at the start of the next ball : than same logical/tactic/idea, would be nice to have the possibility to chose to double-flip to delay it again (and than go to start the next mode, while of course the MB become ready again as soon after) >>> of course, doing this will remove the risk/reward feature, as all "players" will delay MB to start a mode before...

#7920 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I finally made it to Armageddon after owning game for a year.
Anyway I was kicking ass and all of sudden it just quit the Armageddon mode and went to a single ball start up.By the way is this the last of the wizard modes?

no

showdown is the big wizard mode (collecting all DIALED IN letters)

#7933 4 years ago

just found something new about code (1.61)

i thought all modes were "timed rule", but just found ERUPTION is not

had 5 modes played, than start ERUPTION as the 6th one, was on last ball, than craddle ball on a flipper and was waiting it finish by himself (to shoot phone & start CHAOS)

"hurry up points" were decreasing (in this case its not time, but points) until it reached 400 points, and than nothing happend, mode didnt end by itself, it does when i decided to play the ball and do some switches on the PF...

not sure if this is intended or a bug !?

#7936 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

As intended. The Hurry Up establishes the points for each shot. After you make the theater shot (which establishes your point value) then the timer starts. I believe....

ha yes, never see it as it, more than logical, will check
anyway, just retried the previous thing, and after waiting (looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong), the mode ends

#7937 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

1660 miles this weekend solo drive.. made it home intact and I’m joining the club for a while

enjoy !

#7938 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

As intended. The Hurry Up establishes the points for each shot. After you make the theater shot (which establishes your point value) then the timer starts. I believe....

and BINGO, checked already lol, you're right, hurry up start at 7.000 (to 400 than), followed by the timer after 1st theatre shoot

anyway, still have too wait a very long time when doing as i've explained (0 shoot than), but let's deal with it...

#7944 4 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

...and 'easy-difficulty' mode. Left 3-ball active. After two weeks on these settings, I achieved a 2M+ score and made it to Showdown....

2M score and made it to showdown !? seems the easy mode is way to... easy

will give it a look/try

#7957 4 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

#922 - 1.61 - Been playing DI now for two months, usually getting destroyed and somewhat frustrated over very brief ball times and killer SDTM drains.
I decided to follow some advise from this thread and set up the machine for player-friendly operation - 6.5 pitch, flipper strengths, and 'easy-difficulty' mode. Left 3-ball active.
After two weeks on these settings, I achieved a 2M+ score and made it to Showdown.
My questions:
Is there a source of information or can someone explain these advanced modes, what to expect and what to achieve? PM me if necessary.
I must say, didn't quite know what was happening in this specific mode other than it appears as the player is now observing the control room of Quantum Electric Co.? What is this about? The fast pace, constant feed of multiball's is incredible!
I've got to say, DI is by far the most advanced pinball machine I've ever played in four decades. Seriously, this machine is absolutely awesome in every aspect - cool, original theme (though I still don't thoroughly understand it), code/modes, toys, graphics, quality of audio, shaker integration, call-out's, and especially the lighting. The lighting-blows me away!
I love my AFMr-LE, but DI is in a league of its own and certainly justifies its price tag.
What a product!

i'm back...

scoring "only" 2M points while having reached showdown, there's clearly something i can't understand
could you explain your tactic please ?

even if i see only one, quite simple, as to go to showdown : need to complete all DIALED IN letters > than need to collect 8 SIM cards > than need to play AND complete the 8 modes (OK, or less as could light SIM cards other way, also didnt forget the BIG BANG) > and if you do all this, that means you have multiplicators +1 between each modes > that means collecting more big points... !!!???

just tried here, and i reached 2M points while still playing my ball 2 (+ 2 extra ball following) with : only DIAL letters collected (didnt miss a mode)
this game ended at 4M points, with DIALED letters collected...

my test game seems to copy/paste this video of reaching showdown (!!! spoiler !!! dont watch if you dont wanna know !!!) :

i call myself a good player, but may be i'm missing something here ?
tanx in advance for some more explanations

WP_20190619_19_56_45_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190619_19_56_45_Pro (resized).jpg

WP_20190619_19_56_52_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190619_19_56_52_Pro (resized).jpg

WP_20190619_19_56_59_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190619_19_56_59_Pro (resized).jpg

#7972 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Anyone know what turns the divertor on and off for the left ramp (the woman mechanic)

yes

mainly when LOCK is ready
but also when in monkey MB, or acid rain mode...

#7975 4 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

#922 - 1.61 - ... After two weeks on these settings, I achieved a 2M+ score and made it to Showdown...

Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'm back...
scoring "only" 2M points while having reached showdown, there's clearly something i can't understand
could you explain your tactic please ?
even if i see only one, quite simple, as to go to showdown : need to complete all DIALED IN letters > than need to collect 8 SIM cards > than need to play AND complete the 8 modes (OK, or less as could light SIM cards other way, also didnt forget the BIG BANG) > and if you do all this, that means you have multiplicators +1 between each modes > that means collecting more big points... !!!???
just tried here, and i reached 2M points while still playing my ball 2 (+ 2 extra ball following) with : only DIAL letters collected (didnt miss a mode)
this game ended at 4M points, with DIALED letters collected...
my test game seems to copy/paste this video of reaching showdown (!!! spoiler !!! dont watch if you dont wanna know !!!) :
i call myself a good player, but may be i'm missing something here ?
tanx in advance for some more explanations

after your post, than my asking point, and still no reply from you, i just did a quick/easy test, while removing the glass i just hit with hands the needeed switches to : light the phone (QED guy), start the mode (phone scoop), hit needeed switches to complete the mode, collect SIM card (in SIM scoop)

of course lets add some points for some "missed" switches... but in the other way i did NOT play MBs, not collect jackpot, not play secondary missions...

with the result, i still really can't understand how you have done what you are saying !?
of course, situation may change a little while playing others modes, or by collecting SIM cards not directly after a mode ends... but...

ok than, here're these results :

mode 1 : acid rain, D, 270.xxx pts
mode 2 : alien invasion, DI, 587.xxx pts
mode 3 : whirlwind, DIA, 891.xxx pts
mode 4 : EMP, DIAL, 1.258.xxx pts
mode 5 : eruption, DIALE, 1.805.xxx pts
mode 6 : meteor storm, DIALED, 2.496.xxx pts
mode 7 : earthquake, DIALE I, 3.416.xxx pts
mode 8 : flash fire, DIALED IN, 4.287.xxx pts

that's than 4.287.xxx pts even before playing SHOWDOWN... !
and you say you've reached & played it, and finally score (only) 2M+ ... there's a bug somewhere

WP_20190622_10_56_02_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190622_10_56_02_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20190622_10_56_10_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190622_10_56_10_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20190622_11_00_28_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190622_11_00_28_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20190622_11_00_34_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190622_11_00_34_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20190622_11_00_38_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190622_11_00_38_Pro (resized).jpg

#7984 4 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

...I may have missed-quoted the 2M+ and will post a pic of the score. How I got there, don't really remember. Machine is set in 'easy-difficulty' mode, several extra balls, big-bangs, and as MEuRaH states, multiple sim card awards.

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Isn't there a setting that gives you 4 sim cards at the start? That would explain it perfectly, and the stats would match up.

my test was done on "easy", same as Nick
with the easiest setting on extra easy, you start with 2 SIM already collected

Quoted from RTS:

If you complete modes via big bang, you will not achieve the same point totals as if you hit the required shots to complete the modes as you did in your test.

that's also a parameter, i could retest with all the 8 modes beaten directly by a "bing bang" shoot, but OK will not do it

#7985 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Thankyou for your help, please can you tell me how to update to the new code.
I have never done this before.
Thankyou Simon

check the JJP site, nothing really complicated
in your case, small update from 1.52 to 1.57
or big the big one, must first go to 1.60 before going to 1.61

#7988 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I just went from 1.52 to 1.61 — what issues exist at 1.61 — game ending or crashing issues or just minor stuff?

issue in 1.60 (& 1.61) are glitches (video & sounds are not well synchronize) in some animations
seems that this may vary from a pin to another !?

#7989 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

... so I would suggest just going to 1.57 if it is still available...

not more listed at JJP, but still online

#7992 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I got to Armageddon on 1.57 and it froze on me. Is this issue resolved with the latest code?

get it on 1.61, no prob here...

#7996 4 years ago

having some autoderision is nice in the pinball world...

who can do better than me ? i've just done this (including a 10.000 pts super skillshot !!!)

WP_20190623_20_58_12_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190623_20_58_12_Pro (resized).jpg

#8022 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Struggling with scoop rejects. Not from the cliffy - they reject by hitting the metal sides of the scoop mech itself.. that hole is damn tight. Wondering if I can remove the mech and bend the sides out wider..

even from a right-reverse shoot ?

#8023 4 years ago

and OK, carry over SIM cards is not factory, but let's admit this is the way it should be, as it its more than hard enough already (never reached showdown)

about the backglass, mine was also blocked... the previous owner did forget to replace the 2 wood-blockers, than the TFT screen free ityself during transport to my home, and was pushing on the glass :/

i finally (sweat...) get it by pushing just enough in the backbox, but for sure i know now that i was lucky to not break/damage the BG
than listen to the guys above, much better than doing (stupid) thing while under hurry

and good score already, have fun with DI, for sure one of the best pin on the market

#8028 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

no, it shuldn't be that way out of the factory, the game is too easy that way.

+1 with Tranquilize above...

are you Keith Elwin ?

#8035 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

not at all, just an average Marvin, who likes a challenge. Scoring high by making a game easy isn't as fun.

yep, OK, but saying its "too easy" !?

not sure what is average when you're talking about you...
i'm right now ranked 506 (and call myself a good player), i dont feel DI being too easy with SIM carry over (on factory settings of course)

my hiscore is (only) 7.3M, with D-I-A-L-E-D collected, while I-N letters were blinking/ready to collect...

#8046 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

A backhand? I can hit those 90% now — figured out the sweet spot. But from the left flipper they are very very difficult and iffy..

nice than
same here... shoot from left flipper have to be perfect, else its a reject

#8049 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I think he was referring to the mode he hadn't yet played, Armegeddon, the one which requires collecting Sim cards.

heu...

armageddon is not a mode (as a mission), but a wizard mode

and the (big) wizard mode requiring collecting SIM cards is not armageddon, but showdown...

than, to be clear :

playing modes only, and you 1st get CHAOS (mini-wizard), than after ARMAGEDDON (wizard)
playing modes, finishing them and getting SIM cards, you get the SHOWDOWN (big wizard)

1 week later
#8108 4 years ago

about the BOB flap/trapdoor broken :

first of all, seems this happend on more than few pins... :/
on mine, didnt replace it, as (may be just losing some speed ?) its seems to not be a prob, versus the playfield, and in gameplay to make the full orbit shoot

see: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezqrrg2giy9tn10/IMGP2283.JPG?dl=0

Quoted from mrofnoc:

My trap door flap broke off. Is this something I have to get through JJP or is there a vendor that sells them? I couldn't find one.

not more than 2 sec search with GGL : https://pu-parts.com/dialed-in-crazy-bobs-trap-door-replacement

now, as surelly lots of others, got mine from JJP...
not sure how they work with it now, but piece was gently offered in warranty (which was OFF), but have to pay the sending costs
contact them & ask...

#8129 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

...P.S. - I have my game set to tilt warnings per ball and Sim carry-over, but these are code adjustments

+1

and with a sensitive tilt...

#8149 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Extra easy on 3-ball should make the game a cake walk so long as you can keep the ball alive. I've ran through the entire game in well under 40 mins and put up a stupid score.

do you still have cliffy on scoops ?

#8159 4 years ago

from direct mails i've exchanged with Ted E. few ago, Joe K. & him are working on a new code

but i can't say more than that, i'm just a pinside member (& DI player)

#8177 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

NIB as of 7/5/19 and have some questions/issues with coil strength. I am on code 1.61 and the slingshots are extremely weak no matter what I set them at, the flippers feel "different" and not snappy, and the trough struggles to kick out a ball unless I turn it all the way up. The kickback and the scoops all feel weak as well and don't seem to really adjust to any changes in the settings either. I can still make all of the shots and it all functions (well, the trough takes a few tries) as it should and still excellent to play, just feels off. I have a JJP POTC and the coils are strong on it and adjustments seem to take affect as they should. Any recommendations?

is code 1.61 was on it when received ? if not, does it was 1.57 ? if yes, does it was OK than ?

else :
i know its some downgrade to do, but seems that's a fact in some cases : no coils probs on 1.57 (which is already more than complete) as seems this appears later with 1.60 & 1.61

#8180 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

It came with 1.52 but I upgraded before I played a game, so not really sure. I may have to try rolling back to 1.50 then to 1.57 to see if it makes a difference.

yep, go back to 1.57 and see if its OK or not...

#8188 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

... That‘s a good tip about the diverter being down when lock is lit - is there a reason for this?

i'm not in the head of the programmers, but the 1st think i feel logic is : you relight the LOCK with the 2 ramps, than when you've done it the game is telling you, ok, LOCK is now lit, aim for something else

its also a way to change the flow, and not doing the same shoots for ever (left ramp - right ramp)

#8195 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

So, I decided to try and update to 1.61 again and am happy to say that now it seems to play as it should. Must have been some unseen issue in the update. No video sync issues either!

well... strange for sure

videos : even in ACID RAIN !?

#8198 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Yes, even in acid rain. Heck, everything is playing better now than it did in 1.57. First time on 1.61 not so much. Didn’t re-download either, just used the same download from before. Makes zero sense to me...

Makes zero sense to me too (lol)

#8253 4 years ago

dont worry, as simply the main objective while playing is having a good time

i'm a tournament player, quite good (well i think lol), my high is 7M+ on DI, but i also scored that :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/160#post-5059286

have fun, enjoy, and forget about all the rest

#8256 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Any clue as to what will be new in 1.7?

surelly more power... I CAN FEEL THAT POWER !

#8262 4 years ago

and about combos, here how i just perfectly beat ALIEN INVASION, first time that way (there're lots of possibilities)

1. starting mode from the right flipper, to the left ramp
2. to left flipper, to theatre
3. to upper flipper, to side ramp
4. to left flipper, on the volley, to right ramp
5. to right flipper and finishing to the left lane

#8264 4 years ago

we all know that multiple combos are available with DI, making flow in various way possible...
here's how i just perfectly beat ALIEN INVASION (for the 1st time that way)

1. starting from right flipper, to left ramp (than enabling all shots)
2. to left flipper, to theatre
3. to upper flipper, to side ramp
4. to left flipper, on the voley, to right ramp
5. to right flipper, to left ramp
6. to left flipper, up & pass to right flipper, to left lane... done lol

#8283 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

If there's interest I'll get this up on YouTube though. See you guys tomorrow!

of course, do it (to me cant be on the live as will be at work), we all like to see some new TZ easter eggs...

#8287 4 years ago

yep, DI is a great pinball, really playing like a ROCKET !

#8302 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I didn't see much that blew me away on this stream

well, will talk in my name, there's a lot of really nice new small things, more polishing than big changes of course, as code was already more than complete
btw, all has not be seen in the stream (well, i've only just rewatched the 1st half show after my nighshift)

CHAOS is much better now, not only for the SUPER (scored more than you Kevin, near 600.000 pts ! lol) which made this mode a real plus to reach/play
but (for me, an old man with not so good eyes as before) mostly for the reduced "epileptic" lightshow : first, it was really hard to see balls on the PF, i was blinded, now its playable and just perfect

"JJPLive:have you noticed the TZ shout out on the big kick rule in the theater?" ... its impossible to see it in the stream Joe

bravo & tanx to you & Ted

#8305 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Looks like 1.70 is a delta that can go on top of 1.60 full install

it is (over 1.60 or 1.61)

Quoted from brucipher:

...I wish they would do more with the phone app...

i was personaly thinking of a video mode
i have an idea i will submit in private
but already, i'm quite sure the team behind DI have talked about that, and if its not in the pin right now, its because they have decided its not a good idea...

#8310 4 years ago

Much thanks, friend!

... but almost, you could have played better !!!

(take this as belgian humor )

#8313 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I had the previously mentioned coil inconsistency issues as well as video slowdown on 1.61 and in beta testing 1.70, I have yet to see either be a problem...the changes, while subtle, I think are nice polish to an already fantastic game. Appreciate the continued support for the game!

also beta-tester...
but different as you, still got the video/sound not being sync (acid rain being the most)
and to be honest, not sure about the coils power (edit : finally i can say not perfect, i do see some diff with ejected balls from the phone)

#8319 4 years ago

again, i think i can reply on this without breaking some "secrets"

infos i get from the coders team, they are still working on sound/video desync (...), that should mean another update (!?), and going further in the supposition, may be the coils power will be include too...

and to reply to some others, about the BOB targets not "cycling" (which i was also hopping to have), i get an explanation on this, but here i let Joe/Ted talk if they want

#8326 4 years ago

(if you know it) some changes from 1.70 ?

edit : should be, as from 25 to 106 megas !!!

edit 2 : well not, as there is the PDF manual in the 1.71...

#8329 4 years ago

for what i remember you may save your settings (and your hiscores ?) before upgrading... give an eye on the JJP site

#8351 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

...This is really a pitty, it is very constant power with older code versions and even 80s and 90s games were able to kick out balls of scoops in a predictable way... This is the only thing I do not like right now...

strange as this seems to not touch every DI !? mine is doing as yours
and about the phone scoop, my son is feeling just as you :/ to me i can deal with it, but i understand of course

#8354 4 years ago
Quoted from edelhert:

I would recommend to do the upgrade. It's fantastic. You can always downgrade if disappointed (which is unlikely).
Nice improvements. I still notice some out-of-syncs on the phone, but for me, these do not really impact the game quality.
My main complaint is: all my drones are dead, and that does impact game quality. It was a fun effect when they worked during the first few months, but now it's a non-functional section of my machine. This is not related to software version but to component quality. I don't know what to expect, as my support ticket is still unanswered

what can we say about drones...
mine are working, but reading all about this, i did desactive them in the setup

about the desync on the phone, still get it here too
also get some on the main screen (mainly the extra animations over the city), happening when lots of things are running in the same time, let's admit should be the CPU fault (being to weak !?), as the more they add things on code, the more the CPU could be (over)loaded

#8379 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Yeah. Exactly. You said you have some contact with the coders. Could you ask if they can reproduce it on one of their machines? Are they working on it?
If I remember right, this problem was introduced with the 1.60 update, which also updated the foundation (drivers etc.) for newer mainboards. So maybe there is something wrong in this part and not working correctly with some mainboards / chipsets / etc. So maybe it would be worth to compare our DI!s with some of the DI!s without these problems...
Once we know what makes the difference, it might also help the developers to fix it...
Thanks,
Lars

funny Lars as i've exposed the possible hardware prob yesterday... for now, no reply on that

#8380 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

The phone screen lag seems worse when there's lots going on, multiball and a mode for example, like the cpu/mpu can't keep up with everything it's being asked to do.

thats also the feeling i have (after having installed the 1.71 and with big lags on the main screen yesterday)
same to my son (he's an IT TECHNICIAN)...

#8382 4 years ago

well, i wanna say : exposed to them

#8383 4 years ago

and same here, i think i will allow my son to "operate" the computer in my DI...

#8384 4 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Not coincidence. Going back to 1.5x code resolves the problem.
To be clear, this is very intermittent and minor. Anyone that walked up to the machine to play would not notice. However, I am very particular and notice the slightest changes. After a year or so on previous code, I can tell the subtle difference and inconsistency. I would bet most have the same “issue” and don’t even notice. No biggie, it still plays great but something is definitely different in a very minor way that may only agitate the highly critical people.

this ! even if you were talking about coils, just the same about the desync sound/video on the phone, or the latency on the main screen
tanx if you guys wanna check this video and tell if its the same on yours DI...
its in HVC1, may be you'll need some codecs, but must be ok as you're all great guys lol

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/9a5216d29b6facbd68823afe55b3a46520190725183230/f895e877405c88c16971b974566742ab20190725183230/5104b0

in fact, the worst was the first minutes of our 1st game with the new code, we had a SUPER JACKPOT animation which was played quite pic by pic :/
and while we were playing more & more, all goes finally OK

1'05 extra ball
1'55 big bang
2'45 two jackpot in a row, the 2nd one
3'10 super jackpot

#8386 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Will these issues be picked up by JJP from this thread or do we need to report to JJP somehow?

i'm also mailing them of course... and we know they're here on PINSIDE & reading, but may be not all/always...
but can't say more than that, i'm just like all others you here

#8391 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Confirmed. All that. Working 100% perfectly.

whats are your pin hardware specs ?

here're mine :

HARDWARE INFO
Serial 8721449, country 1 (USA), HW id 0, model 1 (Limited Edition), num 0, max 3000
I/O Board: JJP-IO-REV06-063014
Jersey Jack Pinball LED Driver Version 529
Machine: Device: desktop Mobo: MSI model: H81M-P33 (MS-7817) v: 1.0 serial: N/A
BIOS: American Megatrends v: V1.21B1 date: 12/11/2015
CPU: Dual core Intel Celeron G1840 (-MCP-) cache: 2048 KB
clock speeds: max: 2800 MHz 1: 2799 MHz 2: 2799 MHz
Memory: Used/Total: 121.4/3636.1MB
Device-1: ChannelA-DIMM0 size: 4 GB speed: 1333 MT/s type: DDR3
Drives: HDD Total Size: 60.0GB (10.2% used)
ID-1: /dev/sda model: Patriot_Blaze size: 60.0GB
IF: enp3s0 ip-v4: N/A ip-v6-link: N/A
HDMI1 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 600mm x 330mm
VGA1 connected 1024x768+1920+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
HDMI-1-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
VGA-1-1 connected 1024x768+2944+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm

from memory the 2nd GPU is a RADEON HD 6450

#8417 4 years ago

not only the speed, but also the PENTIUM vs the CELERON ! may be we have a clue here...

EDIT : not sure as diff is very limited :

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Pentium-G3260-vs-Intel-Celeron-G1840/m31434vs2849

#8418 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Then I would give it a try with 1.71. If it is the processor, you should be fine and get all the improvements. If you experience the problems, you can easy go back and restore all settings and highscores and we get much more information if or if not the processor is the source of the problems...
Thanks,
Lars

+1

tanx in advance for trying it, as this could help without a doubt...

#8419 4 years ago

and i would have tried by myself, but pity my son's collection "old CPU" did not have nothing (better) to put on that MOBO socket... :/

WP_20190726_17_48_38_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190726_17_48_38_Pro (resized).jpg

lol

#8438 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

By the way - does somebody have a link to the official 1.57 full install (or full install + delta) just to have a backup in my archive.

#8480 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

... I've noticed that my balls get magnetized very quickly in DI, even carbon steel balls. When they start getting magnetized, I don't get good ejects from the scoop...

+1

that's indeed another point...

#8488 4 years ago

for those caming "late" in this topic, and not reading what have been said before, dont get upset, and no need to be scary (of the 1.71 new code) : enjoy your DI as it remain one of the best pin on the market ! (even with these small probs)

#8492 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I got around to installing an LED mod for the translite, really dig it. Theres so much more artwork around the translite that is now visible. Bad game though on ball 3, lol, got to almost 800k the next game!
[quoted image]

a DIY mod ? if yes, show/explain us
tanx

#8494 4 years ago

yep i know (tanx)... was more to see a DIY job

and i love DI ! should i say this here !? lol
just another great game, 5.9M pts, with near 1M in ARMAGEDDON, but still no SHOWDOWN
now (since i've removed the protector on the SIM hole) this is what i'm aiming for...

#8497 4 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

...I tried formatting a USB stick for a full install, and when i insert the stick and turn on the game nothing happens but what was mentioned above. I let it sit for 10-20 and still nothing...?

with what on the key ? i suppose a main code (1.50 or 1.60) !?

#8498 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I wonder if there will ever be a 12th disaster as there is one missing to fill the display of the phone. Would at least be a challenge to have this as a secret mission or something.

another nice idea

i was also thinking to have a retro mode, which was about the scoreboard being reproduced as a sys 11... but since STERN has done something similar in BK3, would not do it anymore (let's credit STERN for that)

in the same way, i've exposed my video mode idea to Ted & Joe, but still no reply on this... may be its a good sign !? lol
but OK, i think this will never happends on DI (shuuuuut for now) ...

#8537 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

How many owners had the trap door flap break off? I have new flap material, just not the correct rivets to attach.
Rob

+1 broken

#8545 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I guess I should have also asked, did you leave it alone?
Rob

didnt changed it, to me its broken "perfectly" (if i can say that lol), and dont really feel it cause a prob to the ball rolling...

see : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezqrrg2giy9tn10/IMGP2283.JPG?dl=0

#8546 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I received my new Processor from amazon today. About 10 minutes to swap out. I’m posting from a phone, so my photos may not be in order. Just 4 screws to remove the cover. Turn the 4 brackets to remove the CPU Cooler, remove the old processor, add a dab of thermal paste to the replacement processor (also clean the old paste off of the cooler with alcohol) and reseat. Make sure the arrow in the corner of the processor faces the bottom right of the mb. Seems everything is working as it should. Videos don’t look to have any slow down and everything seems consistent.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

ok, easy about the hardware CPU swap, but only for those with some knowledge... than may be to those who dont know what they are doing, better think of it before making some "mistakes"

and than, no doubt it should run better of course (https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-4590-vs-Intel-Celeron-G1840/2604vs2849)

now, can you confirm (must be someone else to check while you're playing) all is perfect on the main screen too ? (did you watch my video, if not check this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/168#post-5114563)

and last ask : as i see you've also added a second bank RAM, let's admit not for the amount of memory (...) but surelly to get these 2 slots working in dual channel... did this help too ?

tanx

#8561 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

...Yes, same issue seems resolved. The extra ram was just a test that I did before the processor swap. It doesn’t use all 4gb of ram so no benefit from that.

yep, i see/know about the amount of memory, was more talking about using the dual channel... a bit faster for sure but reading you this not really help

the CPU swap seems the way to go

#8593 4 years ago

well, all this seems logical

the i5 swap not only better for processing perf but also for the integrated GPU in it (main screen)...
and if that part make all the system running better, the added GPU (the radeon 6450 for the theatre+phone) takes also advantage of the overall situation...

#8608 4 years ago

#8616 4 years ago

i'm running a CYRIX P166+ !!! and i have just done that :

43 (resized).jpg43 (resized).jpg

#8620 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

You say a 133 MHz single core processor is enough to run the game?

lol no ! it was a nostalgia-joke linked to our CPU talks...

btw, the combo hi-score is real of course, done yesterday

#8627 4 years ago

when you know you've just played a very good 1st ball... but you also know ball 2 & 3 will s*ck !!! and indeed they did lol

i love pinball

#8645 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

...I made a huge mistake judging it by the theme early on...DI is just one hell of a layout and game experience...

your sins are forgiven... lol

#8662 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

An someone explain what the phone means after you lock a ballin the station and it says ‘press both flippers to cancel multiball’? I’ve tried hitting them both, holding them, double tapping them and it never cancels multiball??? How do you do it??

double tap, and as said above, directly after its available, as 2 second and its too late...
1 possibility per game, you to choose when its good (or not) to use it

#8669 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

It is possible one time for each multiball (not only once per game)

or we missunderstand
or (again lol) i may have missed something, explain please...

#8670 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

All right I’ll keep trying lol, sounds like it IS possible at least. Once you cancel, can you lock a second ball so you start the first multiball with 3 instead of 2?

of course, your code is up-to-date ? (to be honest, i dont know is this feature is there from the begining)

#8685 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

everytime you lock enough balls to start a multiball during a game, you can cancel the call and delay it until the next mode starts (or ball is lost).
First you lock one ball and enable a two ball multiball - you can delay it until next mode starts
Next time you lock two balls to enable a three ball multiball - you can again delay it until the next mode starts
Then you lock three balls to enable a four ball multiball - you can again delay it...
and so on...
So each time you lock enough balls to have a multiball ready, you have a short time to double tap both flippers to cancel the call and delay the multiball until the next mode starts or the ball is lost.

ok... as intended of course
then, what i was saying is : you have only 1 cancel per game, i mean when you've used it, no more cancel available for the following MB in that game

(and if not, there's something wrong here, the pin, or my brain lol)

#8686 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thats the secret passage code in version 1.85!

yep Art... the sneak in easter egg from THEATRE OF MAGIC... vanish !!!

(to Bodacious : as said, easy tweak, good luck)

#8688 4 years ago
Quoted from poup:

I'm not sure, I think only 1 cancel per multiball

alors je suis fou lol

#8696 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

So new upgrade GPU arrived. I swapped back to the old CPU and tested with the new GPU, but unfortunately no change. Swapped back to updated CPU and all is good again. I thought the upgraded GPU might help the phone considering it’s the only video that runs off of it, but no dice. CPU seems to be the only way to fix the sync issues until JJP finds a fix.

ok, message clear, seems as an evidence than...
tanx for the feedback

#8697 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

exactly:
only one cancel per mutliball. NOT only one cancel per game...

Quoted from poup:

I'm not sure, I think only 1 cancel per multiball

and than, just tested in game... i'm fool, and you're right guys

btw, just had my best game about SIM with 7 collected (and playing next mode)
OK, next time, still on road to SHOWDOWN

#8700 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Man I don’t get how some of you guys are collecting so many letters and finishing modes! I think I’ve completed 4 modes and 2 or 3 letters on my best game, but usually 1 letter and complete a couple modes..
You guys are playing wide outlanes, 3 balls, normal difficulty?

well, i'm a tournament player, may i say quite good (but not as few others here lol)

my DI is set from factory, EXCEPT the SIM carry over from ball to ball

and also check this about the SIM hole protector : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-with-or-without-cliffys-

#8704 4 years ago

again, i'm still discovering things with DI

as me, some wanted to have the false spinner situation changed with the magnet under the theatre...
and also to all those having SDTM when ball was caming back...

i know this is not really what we were asking, but in the setup, we can choose to set that magnet on 3 positions, one seems to be a better compromise (TRIAL i think), stoping the ball for collecting the mystery award (but alredy noticed also when THEATRE MULTIBALL, and may be some others things !?)
but almost not more on modes (didnt tested all), as ERUPTION, or EMP... which is more hard for me now, as before ball caming down was easily craddle on a flipper

also noticed (as i've just set them ON) that the drones have little LEDS in them, red & blue... never seen this before
the action is very (very) limited with last code, but OK i understand its to avoid to burn the motors :/

#8709 4 years ago

dont think its placebo if all of you having made the change (and the GPU test) are going in the same way
and the CPU "power" was already the biggest/logical clue BEFORE you starting these changes

than...

#8737 4 years ago

a bit more to this story...

and OH DEAR !

well, for those who watched my video posted 1 or 2 pages before, i thought i really have a prob on the main screen...

and than : remember few ago when we've checked the BIOS (to only tweaks few things finally without importance), my son said : strange, there's no FAN in the monitoring (was at 0 RPM), and the CELERON is at 70° C idle... may be the monitoring is faulty !?... and we didnt go further that day

today, my son really wanted to test the DUAL CHANNEL with 2 good CORSAIR RAM (2x2 Gigas)
and when we open the PC box, for the 1st time since we own the pin...

HALLELUJAH

things became clear : a cable was serting on a fan pall, blocking it to start moving !!! (btw, no bip error !!!???)
redoing a correct cable management, FAN go on his way, and the 70° C became 35° ... and this time monitoring was all "normal"

and than, in gameplay : all the animations on the main screen are now perfect, no more lag, no more stutter, nothing, even when i'm playing stacked multiballs and shooting all balls without craddling, playing multiple animations in the following
only the phone still show some minors latency (the badest ACID RAIN), but not as before

CONCLUSION :

PC power seems to be the key, that means all hardware parts you can tweak to better means the better the pin will play, while CPU is the main piece in this case...
but in my case, quite sure the CELERON was thermal throtling (luckily we never reached max temp/had a freeze)

i'm not saying you to check your PC box, quite sure it was just bad luck in my case, but...

now i'm really happy, i can deal on how my pin is playing now

#8744 4 years ago

and here's the mega-super-secret-skillshot : perfectly landed over the gate !!!

WP_20190814_11_46_49_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190814_11_46_49_Pro (resized).jpg

WP_20190814_11_47_04_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190814_11_47_04_Pro (resized).jpg

(in fact, not to hard to block ball there, as its simply a bouncing ball from the upper playfield)

#8758 4 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

So... Coincidence?

yes, of course
did you beat showdown ? (including few/lots victory laps than)... as so, i'm still at 7.3 without showdown, seems quite logical in term of points than

and tanx for the CPU feedback

#8760 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Folks,
I've lost the theater screen and the phone screen. Can't tell if its hardware, they both boot up and show the blue screen at powerup just nada after that - checked all the cables and the video card in the game and all looks ok. (This is a punishment for saying my game didn't play slow).
Anyone had this?
Cheers,
Neil.

seems to be the (2nd) GPU... quite strange to lose in the same time the 2 monitors

when launching the pin, at the begining (initialisation, not POST), the 1st hardware check, did you see the 3 monitors listed ?
if yes, the GPU should be OK

#8776 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

...Two screens have gone at the same time...

well, from the bad luck side, that's almost same stunning as winning at the lotery !?
or you have got a thunder and/or electrical probs ?

#8789 4 years ago

DeeGor

than now, seems even more as an evidence than prob is software while tasks badly using multiple cores CPU

#8791 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

This lag issue seems to be unique to Dialed In. It's likely they use the same framework and similar hardware with each machine, so it seems more like a bug they just haven't tracked down yet vs having under powered hardware.

They may not have mentioned anything publicly, but it doesn't mean they're not working on it. JJP has a lot of smart guys over there. I have confidence they'll get it figured out.

yes, i understand

and i know about "smart guys", as yes, they are...

#8824 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I'll have to play a game tonight, but I thought that there is a gold coin you hit in the theater for a mystery or hurry up.

yes !

#8834 4 years ago

and my son just did it... all completed, scoring 10.8M... well done boy !
(and now lets do it again without the SIM cards memory !!! loooooooool)

#8838 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That 'ending' to showdown seems rather disappointing. There should be some kind of fanfare for beating DIE. It would also be cool if the game showed a picture of you beside the word 'you' during the main part of the mode.
What are the red shots, are they like victory laps?
Rob

yes, lets admit it feels poor compare to CHAOS & ARMAGEDDON
and than may be some place for something "bigger" with a future code update !? who knows...

and yes, just scoring JACKPOTS as victory laps, until you've down to just 1 ball in play

#8848 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's probably not a priority for them since they are still finishing up Wonka and working on the next game too. It's a 'nice to have', but not totally necessary. The game as a whole is really well done and A LOT of fun. I love the shot geometry on it.
Rob

+1

and to let you know, just mailed Ted+Joe about this...

#8851 4 years ago

Ted knows about the lag
for all the others points, i dont know, i'm just a casual DI owner (luckily having private talks with Ted/Joe)
again, they're reading this topic (because i know they want DI to be as good as they can), but may be they have got some directives to not more talk here in public with us !?

i agree about the JJP support for not giving feedback, got some few smalls probs when i got my DI, and no feedback from them
once Christophe L. (benelux distro) ask for me, got a direct/positive feedback...

about the video lag problem, i'm also on the boat, but to be honest, its not something who makes the game being unplayable
i've read somewhere else that this force people to stay on 1.57 and not update on 1.71... for me its a total nonsense, go for 1.71 and enjoy

#8854 4 years ago

well, i think i can share just this... as of course they are looking to found what is wrong !
in pinball coding, Ted Estes is someone with more than a positive reputation

#8856 4 years ago

yes, again, i agree

but really seems they are not more here to talk/share with us in public
pity, as said already, may be they have orders from the boss...

#8864 4 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Just picked this up today. Been thinking about getting one for awhile! 2nd time in a row I bought a JJP without getting a chance to play it first. Speaking to the choir here but this is one damn fun game. So glad it’s in the line up!![quoted image]

no risk here, DI is a must !

#8872 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Why does everyone talk about going back to 1.57 vs 1.6?[quoted image]

not everyone, just few...
and than go to 1.71 not 1.6

#8875 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Hey ripleyyy, thanks for the reply. I realize my question was a little vague. Let me restate...
Some people are having trouble with 1.71 in terms of video lag. When this occurs, they speak of reverting back to 1.57.
For these people that need to go back, why do they go back to 1.57 instead of 1.60?
... Altan

because 1.60/1.61 was having same issue as 1.71
1.57 is the last running OK

but again, nobody "need", as said above there're some coil power not always at same level, and small lag on the phone in some animations

#8894 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What's your best 10k+ score? I've had it up to 16k. If you don't know what I'm talking about, this is what the rule is:
When the right inlane is lit red, you can shoot the left ramp for a 10K hurry up. The girl may or may not say 'again!'. As the ball returns to the left flipper, hold it up and let it roll over to the right flipper, maybe a slight nudge helps. Shoot the left ramp again for 1K more value than last time. Keep doing this as long as you can, it's quite fun!
Rob

hmm... seems you still have some work to do here (lol of course)
as if i'm correct you just only shoot for 7 loop/combos... and i'm now at 43 in a row

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/173#post-5130783

i've already reported this "exploit" (which is not really, in fact its still pinball skill) to the coders team, and Joe removed it from the "competition" settings

#8897 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe it should have been changed in the regular game settings too? ... The way it is now just seems too exploitable even for non tournament play.Rob

that's what i've said to Joe, but he's the one to decide of course (btw, 20K is the max)

now, let's be realist, making this shoot over & over again is not that "easy", and if you decide to go for that tactic, that means you're not playing all is around... risky

#8914 4 years ago

about the ball behind the phone, if you just dont want to drill the upper PF (...), here's what i've done :

a piece of plastic, double face tape, and 5 minutes of my time... easy & works 100%

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/151#post-4926467

#8949 4 years ago

I always though to use these to light the drain hole from behind/under the apron... and than may be also create a sticker mod to recover the 4 leds and make the apron as "perfect" there...

#8963 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

...There's also a possible bug in Emoji Overload where you can sometimes complete it instantly when it starts...
Rob

Must admit i also did not understand how sometime the mode works and/or i beat it or not...

#8971 4 years ago

Indeed...

Had also asked Joe but you replied quicker

#8997 4 years ago

Meanwhile there s a NGG easter egg in DI...

#9033 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I'm think I should ever so slightly bend the exposed curve part down toward the playfield.

same prob here...
that's what i've done, combined with coil power, it runs nice now (and on the other way shots going in there are well going in there !) even if its not always the same exit (due to the 1.71 code)

1 week later
#9075 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverWings:

1) I was seeing recurring issues with balls not feeding in the trough during game play. They seemed to be getting stuck together, and not rolling toward the VUK in there.
[quoted image]

same here, easy to notice when it happends or even before it happends, you know it already by looking in the rack

#9089 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just a note on beta code v1.72, kevinbuffalo streamed this code over the weekend. I asked him about his hardware specs and it looks like he's running the 2.8 GHZ processor. From the little bit that I could see on the stream, it looks like the animations were running smoothly enough. Maybe Kevin can comment. I didn't see the major culprit (Acid Rain), but I'm hopeful that the animations are running smoothly.

on mine, no real change (my son agree) with 1.72b
but OK let's admit we're not all equal about this lag prob... :/
btw, and as said before, almost we know Joe/Ted are still working on it

#9108 4 years ago

Seems like the code smooths out the video nicely, the stream is here if anyone wants to see for themselves: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/484645830

Kev

not sure how bad it was before on your pin... !? may be we just have to check some older vids from you
i think we're not the all same with this prob (even if its illogical in a way)
for sure, i still "feel" a little desynchro with yours (only watched 15 min, with meteor, earshake, sink holes), in fact same as on mine (let's admit, nothing really bad)
in my case, didnt think the 1.72 makes it better than 1.71

(PS : i'm still with the CELERON, only tweaked few things in the BIOS, and swapped the single bank RAM with 2 of the same type to get the dual channel)

#9110 4 years ago

yep, same feeling, hard to say 1.72 improve from 1.70... and if some think yes, is it a placebo effect !?
else may be we have to compare precisely same mode between them, but OK, at this point it doesnt really matter, and we can enjoy the pin as it

while also betatesting the 1.72 here, already gave my feedback to Joe
now OK, may be it will help some others guys...

#9112 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just a little annoyance.

yes, for sure

and no urge to rush for a hardware upgrade...

#9144 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Anyone have a link to the old 1.50 code and the delta upgrade to 1.57?
I'd like to have it in case I decide to do some comparisons. I didn't see it on the JJP site even after playing with the URLs.
... Altan

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/169#post-5117880

#9175 4 years ago

finally...

just before the WE, was the right time to update to 1.73, and in my first game, BOUM ! SHOWDOWN

showdown (resized).jpgshowdown (resized).jpg

quite sure (or again, its the placebo effect !?) coils are now working perfect
much better, especially with the phone scoop, easier when you "know" your pin and how the ball will react...

#9187 4 years ago

even if i'm a "player", SIM carry on seems the way to go for DI, its already more than hard as it to reach SHOWDOWN...

but as always, evbd doing as he prefer of course

enjoy DI !

#9194 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverWings:

...So, what modes do you like the best and what ones are the hardest for you? What's your strategy?

honestly, i did not change/chose mode before putting the ball in the phone
of course some are easier, some harder, but we have to deal with most of them anyway

1 week later
#9301 4 years ago
Quoted from poup:

Marvelous !

comme quoi

and yes than, seems there's are finally more than few little changes not listed in the "read me"
i may be wrong, but when in multiball, now the prior screen is the one showing the "add a ball" situation

#9316 4 years ago

few after buying the game, i've just set them OFF in the menu, and i'm not feeling i'm missing something...

#9321 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm astonished at those responses. You guys paid for those drones and they don't work. It's not like JJP coded them out and gave you your money back. They took your money and basically shut the off....and you're cool with that? OK....

there're so many good things in this game than just focusing on the drones (not working as first intended)
even if of course, on the main line, you're right

#9341 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I hold both flippers up when the ball drops from EMP and that usually works. I have come to find that the magnets never really do anything for altering ball trajectory most of the time. Yesterday a few times I did see the ball alter course slightly, but for a perfect SDTM correction. If the playfield magnets are supposed to alter the trajectory of the ball as it drops, the timing is off for them to do that because it just doesn't work. Maybe that could be a game setting to adjust magnet activation delay from theater drop?
Rob

strange (as same pins are finally so different)

on mine, in EMP, this is more than often crazy with magnets, making TAF "THE POWER" being so friendly compare to DI lol

#9357 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Almost had my first 1,000,000 game last night. Ended up around 980,000.
Am I in the baby league here? Do most of the people posting consistently get a million in their sleep?
... Altan

well, 1.000.000 pts is where i've set the FREEPLAY on mine (to hear the knocker)...

but dont worry, each one with our own skills, for the same fun

#9384 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

In my opinion DI is the best pinball machine ever created.

let's admit : one of the best, without a doubt

but anyway, i've played it enough to actually thinking swap it for something else, simply because i have to do as it (no freeplace home)

#9387 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Joined the club yesterday.
What a great pin
980 000 currently as my best game

t'as craqué !? ...

#9417 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

First million reached
First Bob trap broken..
Any advice [quoted image]

https://pu-parts.com/dialed-in-crazy-bobs-trap-door-replacement

but as said above, forget it...

#9419 4 years ago

just got a bug i've never seen before :

was playing ARMAGEDDON
mod ends, balls out, got to see the points made, get the city screen back, all was ready to continue, but than no new ball in the shooterlane, save ball insert was blinking nonstop at high speed, no ball search, even can't tilt the game, nothing...

someone else ?

#9420 4 years ago

if this can help others : Ted just told me its surelly the lane switch being stuck...

#9423 4 years ago

ha ok... missed this (old) info than...

but i'm of course with the last one

#9425 4 years ago

oups than, as i've played ARMAGEDDON more than few times, on vary code versions (didnt remember the oldest one), and always without a prob

:/

#9431 4 years ago

no, drones are still used, but much (much) less...

to be sure, simply test them in the set-up

#9444 4 years ago

earlier talks with Joe :

* BOB targets : he knows we would like to have an update, but they (the coders team) discussed it, and for now answer is no change there
* showdown : same... and in this case he said that's the remaining part needeed a better touch, for making the end of the game more explosive

that means we should hope to have almost 1 more update

#9455 4 years ago

let's admit its not a coding problem of course but simply the way they wanted the game to play

#9483 4 years ago

+1 about flippers...

its not playing the same way as latest STERN pins
its for sure less "powerfull", i would say more "smooth" (hard for me to say it in english when its not my native language)

but anyway, dont worry, until you can play normally with the DI, as climbing ramps and making combos everywhere

1 week later
#9516 4 years ago

i had remove the magnet working in these cases, and its way better/fun/flow with pin set up like this...

2 weeks later
#9593 4 years ago

as DI is gone, why i'm still reading here !?

Quoted from Lemank:

Has anybody ever collected all the SIM cards?[quoted image]

well of course (with memory ON)

1 month later
#9692 4 years ago

we all know (here) its DI...

i mean, really !
mine is gone after +/- 1 year (simply because i cant keep pins here and have to make a turn around), but it doesnt change what i think about it

#9700 4 years ago

from Ted/Joe last talks with me, what was next was making "showdown" (beating it) more spectacular...

1 week later
#9769 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The sim card... It's not impossible.

and without the cliffy/protector, its like butter

3 years later
#13402 8 months ago

long time mine is gone... and saturday was lucky to play more than few games on a friend's one, and it was all/full pleasure back again !
really forget how much this game was good, and that nice feeling came back more than quickly !!!

you b*st*rd lucky owners, enjoy your pin, its a blast for sure

#13403 8 months ago

and about SIM scoop protector, remember having done this :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-with-or-without-cliffys-

1 week later
#13423 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

"But the rules were designed poorly, and the default settings make them worse. Sim carry over should be default, even for good players."
"made the game crazy steep, opened up the outlanes" so you raised the game to remove side to side action whole opening the outlanes that will get less use due to the increased angle. pointless.
"JJP struggles to code games well" generally true, but not this one. You get big points by completing modes, and part of truly completing the mode is getting the sim card. Do that and you score well no matter what, without nerfing the game. If you fail the sim card you don't get the big points. It's perfect in that respect. Could the bob modes be more prevalent, sure. But not for big scoring, keep the bob scoring the same in the main game, and make them add more to the bonus maybe, that way if you tilt out you lose the extra portion.

yep !

few ago, friendly tournament, did lose a head to head game while scoring... 5M !
my opponnent (hi Seb) have a perfect game, beating the wizards modes, while collecting... 12 SIM cards, & than scoring 10M !!!
lets admit game was on easy settings

anyway, great perf for sure

#13425 8 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I didnt think you could collect more sim cards than the 8 on the board?

while he did beat the WM, and than "restart" at the begining
than believe me, i confirm 12 SIM... btw the multiplicator did stay at X10 max, not more

5 months later
#13547 3 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Agree sim shot even with no protection is to hard but I love the game.

to me it was black or white > with or without the protector

3 weeks later
#13592 68 days ago
Quoted from oradke:

Oh, the wifi dongle will also allow you to download software updates for your machine.
Which will never come.

for what i remember (i was beta tester for Ted E. & Joe K.) DI was complete & bug free
the only point Joe wanted to add is making something great about (winning) the wizard mode, which, let's admit, is poor right now

but i may forget other details !?

1 month later
#13629 8 days ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Not sure yet. It doesn't register, game gives an error about it.
Have to completely remove the theatre to be able to inspect what is wrong , that's something for this weekend.

+1 with LTG

j'ai eu ça sur le mien aussi Aeneas, démonte et vérifie

good luck

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RipleYYY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=RipleYYY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.