IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballomatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

What is the cost of the game? I am a fan of Lawlor pins owning 2 of them TZ and FH. Do you think DI will have similarities to his past pins like TZ etc? If so I will likely like the game very much.
Can anyone explain to me the characteristics of a Lawlor design that makes his game unique?
Thanks
Litz

The game is in many ways a pastiche of past Lawlor games (as Road Show was described). You have the Whirlwind ramp and TZ camera shot under the NGG side ramp. You have the idol from RBION (albeit a different design) on the opposite side of the playfield. You have a similar kickback setup to that on NGG. A similar feed to the pops as on Nascar. A Funhouse skill shot just facing the opposite way. And so on and so on. There is even a Pinbot (not Lawlor I know) style playfield with no switches on it.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I see. Now it is starting to make some sense to me. The game looks very cool. I would like to preorder but after all the fiascos that have played out on Pinside I am reluctant to do so. I will think about it more I guess.

The game is headed into production in the next few months. Once they start shipping, you will still have time to order one. No need to risk anything now.

#36 7 years ago

Also, the pricing model is different than WOZ and Hobbit. On DI you can put 250$ down for an LE but you don't pay it off until its ready to ship, and you can get your 250$ back instead. There's no paying along before the game is built.

#38 7 years ago

Keith went with low scoring on WOZ as a change of pace and it seems to have stuck. I don't care too much as long as the scoring is relatively well balanced.

5 months later
#237 6 years ago

Get some silicone grease and lubricate the pivot point, move the door up and down a few times by operating the mechanism by hand, then after you work it in a bit, add a touch more grease if needed and then the door will drop much more smoothly. This has generally fixed it for those who have opened tickets on the subject.

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I got word this morning that my LE ships on Monday. It's boxed up at the factory and ready to hand off to the shipper. HUGE props to Joe at PinballSTAR for working hard to stay in communication with me and Jersey Jack Pinball over the last few days. We had some stuff come up, and he handled it like a pro.

Have fun with it. My wife and I have an LE here and LOVE it.

#277 6 years ago

Several folks have had pinball condition related issues, not just you.

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Good. Mine are on the way. Once I saw that pic of the JJP factory protector I called cliffy immediately. I do have over 200 plays on mine with just factory Mylar and no issues so far.

I have Clliffy's ordered too.

#327 6 years ago

Lower the kick out VUK coil power. I did and while it can still be inconsistent, ball control and reaction time go up.

#365 6 years ago

For the start button wire, you have the choice of normally open or normally closed (one tab or the other, basically). If the start button works in test the way you have it wired, it's correct. On the opposite tab, the button would show as active all the time in dedicated switch test (box would stay green).

3 weeks later
#561 6 years ago

Number 8 torx driver, remove the screws around the jersey jack marquee (have someone hold the speaker panel as it will want to drop without the screws in place), gently move the speaker panel down (wires will still be attached so not too far) and then remove the backglass. Bend out the lock tongue a bit and then reinstall everything and that will make the lock work better.

#618 6 years ago

tests - device tests - theater test
-90 to -100

1 week later
#635 6 years ago

The four lights on the apron are a holdover from before the phone connection went to its current Bluetooth configuration. On the prototype games there was a sensor on the glass and the apron that you placed the phone over, then the LEDs would blink and then lock on solidly to show you that the phone was synced up. The sensors and concept were scrapped but the LEDs remain.

#640 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just sold my Metallica pro to fund a DI, Just holding off till I see what game 4 is next thurs
I think Woz has staying power and never leaving my game room, You guys feel DI is on the same level ? Any rumors of anymore code drop?

Code to add topper lighting support for the CEs is coming very soon and Expo is next week...

#696 6 years ago

Really? Our DI is setup that way and doesn’t do that.

1EF88662-79CA-438E-971F-99748DD5A183 (resized).jpeg1EF88662-79CA-438E-971F-99748DD5A183 (resized).jpeg

#706 6 years ago

Combos is not total combos made its number of combos made in sequence - and think Demo man - yellow arrow lights next hittable shots with yellow arrows then they flash and time out

#724 6 years ago

Chris sighting!! Congrats on 132 my friend. Why no topper? It will have lighting support soon. Are you going to Expo, IAAPA or Free Play Florida? I’ll be at all three again this year. Can’t wait for you to publish dvd volume four!

#727 6 years ago

and CE's have exclusive dongles that identify them as CEs like LE and 75th WOZ and Smaug, LE and BASE Hobbits

#733 6 years ago

Playfield protector is the full playfield plastic one the same way WOZ and hobbit had as an option. Sim hole and phone scoop get metal protectors automatically every DI built until the end. I think the wizard mode is achievable imho.

#737 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do the games now come with the hole protectors installed?
I don't see Dialed In protectors on Cliffy's site. What does his set include?

Yes, installed at the factory. Cliffy has been way behind on DI sets owing to the huge demand. He has a $100 or so full set with a tee shirt, inlane protectors for ball drops, both scoops and shooter lane. Just email Cliff directly and he'll take your order that way, but the factory now has both scoops covered.

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cliff's sets include T-shirts? I never got one!

If and only if you pass the $100 full set with everything level I believe. I got his white one anyway with my stuff.

#783 6 years ago

Code is testing here at expo - ted said in about two weeks I think

#820 6 years ago

Marvin / when you roll the drone inlane and immediately hit the drone standup the magnet locks the ball snd finishes your drone lights

#875 6 years ago

1.45 testing at expo
Releasing very soon

#887 6 years ago

No it’s a traditional update just like always. I think you’re missing his point.

#927 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Received mine 2 days ago. I had never played it and was one of the rule of law I said I would never do. I was actually worried if I would like this type of game play. Seriously, everything positive about this game that's has been written is spot on. Really a fun pin. One of the best I've ever played.
I also have the trap door issue. Just picked up some silicone grease.
Magnet in theater was set at 60 and did not fling ball back. Set it to 95 and all good.
One question, do the drone blades spin? Haven't seen that. If so what do you do to make them work.

Yes. When you hit the drone standup when lit or complete the drone lights to light the mystery package at the theater they spin.

#942 6 years ago

DI CE has a topper
Standard has the flash bulb for selfies
LE does not have one

#995 6 years ago

Adjust the switch down a bit. It’s finicky but I adjusted mine okay.

#1116 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

How do you get code 1.46, I'm receiving my game tomorrow but they only have 1.13 on their site?

It's not yet released. When it is it will be up on the site.

#1121 6 years ago

It's in the device test - theater test menu

#1184 6 years ago

The double pop is normal sound board startup

#1260 6 years ago

When released it will be 1.50 now. Soon very soon.

#1449 6 years ago

You can also bend up the end of the micro switch slightly just like you can to adjust any micro switch to make it close a touch sooner than it does now.
Silicone to lubricate the pivot point on the trap door, and make sure Phillips screw on back plate of small trip coil bracket hasn’t loosened too much preventing door from closing. After applying silicone, work mechanism by hand a few times open and close and you’re all set.

#1450 6 years ago

Level - pat lawlor wants the top of the bubble just touching the second line on the level. Not scientific but that’s how he says the game should be pitched.

#1514 6 years ago

You had a support case just the same, only you didn’t make it yourself.

#1531 6 years ago

Email cliff directly that’s how he takes orders.

1 week later
#1760 6 years ago

Make sure the rear button housing is straight in and clicked on firmly so that the arms hit the microswitch button straight and cleanly

1 week later
#1917 6 years ago

Mechs are identical but performance is different owing to they way they are duty cycled (if you will). Hence the adjustable strengths.

3 weeks later
#2167 6 years ago

The ribbon cable connecting the phone monitor to the board that controls it could be bad. There have been a few bad ones. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the monitor itself is bad.

10 months later
#6307 5 years ago

Yes. 1.50 full install first, then 1.57 delta on top.

#6313 5 years ago

Tests - device tests - theater magnet

#6316 5 years ago

-80 to -90 but your mileage may vary.

#6337 5 years ago

Yes do a full install - full installs start from power off, then the first thing the game looks for on power up is the usb stick.

2 weeks later
#6450 5 years ago

Pindemption doesn’t exist yet for DI. It does for Hobbit and WOZ but not yet for DI. I'm editing my original post here correcting a mistake I made. I don't believe that Pindemption is in in the near future for DI. Sorry about that, I had thought it was. My bad.

2 weeks later
#6708 5 years ago

V1.61 on JJP site
Delta install, must ride on top of 1.60 full install

2 months later
#7427 5 years ago

Reseat everything - all the USB cables, everything, see if it boots. If not, unplug the USB cables from the motherboard (leave the vga cables and the security dongle)and see if it will boot that way. If it does, power off, plug one usb in, power up and see, then lather, rinse, repeat. If it won’t boot with no usb cables, unplug the aux graphics card from the board, see if it will boot that way.

1 week later
#7447 5 years ago

During EMP strike it is supposed to behave that way (which is why many players try to avoid starting that mode); at other times it is supposed to throw the ball around the top loop ala Shadow.

1 month later
#7680 4 years ago

Station has 4 optos for ball lock positions so it keeps balls locked.

1 week later
#7738 4 years ago

DI machines haven’t been produced lately, so depending on where you got it from and when it was made, the software version may vary.

#7776 4 years ago

Email [email protected] and request a ground loop isolator. Easy install, no soldering or anything like that; it will knock out the static noise.

1 week later
#7821 4 years ago

It’s on a big pivot arm. Unlatch on each side, then pull forward and pivot. Do this with game power OFF

1 week later
#7880 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Depends upon the build date of the game. My understanding is that JJP originally used nothing, then they used their own version of a "cliffy" which was a tad thicker and didn't work as well, then they used authenticate cliffys.

Spot on exactly correct.

#7906 4 years ago

If you have the older thicker protector and want the newer thinner Cliffy JJP will send it to you.

1 week later
#7961 4 years ago

In the theater test, adjust the setting to -90 or so and then test it in a game. You’ll find your best setting.

#7963 4 years ago

Page C-32 in the manual item 8
83-003104-04
Thread cutting screw

#8016 4 years ago

Loosen the torx screws up there on the speaker panel, there are two of them, then you can more easily manipulate the lock if it won't unlock all the way. Worst case, have someone hold the speaker panel and take those screws out altogether but remember that the speaker panel will still be attached by the wires and that it will want to fall down without those screws so have someone help you.

#8064 4 years ago

It can get knocked out of alignment. When down, the flat spot on the pivot arm needs to be bisected exactly by the front edge of the trip coil flap. If it’s too far one way or the other, push the small bracket to line it up where you need.

#8067 4 years ago

Ask him what software version he’s running

#8072 4 years ago

That’s the trip coil that lets the door drop down
The big coil lifts the door up

#8077 4 years ago

Does the thing operate smoothly if you do it by hand? Pull the big plunger down into the blue coil - does the door raise and latch? Then push the trip plate - does it drop cleanly?

#8083 4 years ago

Okay check the fuse then - see the page D-114 in the manual below

Annotation 2019-06-28 215023 (resized).pngAnnotation 2019-06-28 215023 (resized).png
#8084 4 years ago

If neither coil fires in test with the coin door closed or the high power interlock switch pulled out then check the fuses noted on the I/O board behind the big monitor in the backbox.

#8085 4 years ago

If you have a meter you can read the voltage at the coil lugs. Voltage should be present at the PINK solid wire where it is soldered to the coil lug.

1 week later
#8162 4 years ago

Check the headphone harness at the motherboard end. Remove metal cover, headphone harness plugs into bottom right corner of board.

#8169 4 years ago

Turn the connector around 180 degrees

#8173 4 years ago

I'm right here. Did you check the other end of the harness at the motherboard end? Is it plugged in securely there?

#8186 4 years ago

Lloyd has a good idea which is to drop something into the sleeve so it cannot open as far.

#8250 4 years ago

Wonka has the same thing but it’s off by default. If you set wonka to allow zero bonus you get cute clips instead of the default minimum one wonka bar.

#8303 4 years ago

Looks like 1.70 is a delta that can go on top of 1.60 full install

#8308 4 years ago

Beautiful work as always, Kevin, thank you

#8323 4 years ago

It will be a delta on top of 1.60 and officially it’s 1.71 going up soon.

#8342 4 years ago

Try the other mirror - eu or us whichever you’re not using

#8352 4 years ago

You can purchase drones from JJP should you wish to do so.

#8355 4 years ago

When you get new drones you get a note directing you to upgrade to 1.60. If you don’t then you can’t get the drones replaced after they fail. 1.60 is the first software version that cuts the drone use down and protects the motors. If I might make a suggestion - and you do what you want of course - I would get new drones and then turn them off in the software if you want to keep running 1.57 this way they won’t fail. 1.71 is out now of course.

#8360 4 years ago

Except that the engineers designed the cover and that’s the fix.

#8446 4 years ago

NO DI machines built after 2018 so far

2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#8951 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Do all JJP pins after DI have the camera?

SO far, yes

#8954 4 years ago

I think the idea behind the SE having it may have been that SE models would be most likely to be the ones in a dark bar or location.

10 months later
#10863 3 years ago

Sometimes it should hold and fling, at other times - during EMP strike is one example, it should hold and then drop.

2 months later
#11119 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Can someone tell me where this goes? I had to order a light board from JJP and this was included. Something for one of the ramps? [quoted image]

cover bracket lower left wireform

#11124 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Over left front of wireform.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Thanks Lloyd

#11145 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Thanks, mines 994 so not too early. I just need to get back there to put that audio filter in. Do you know where that hooks up?

I’ll send you an email if you pm me

#11146 3 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

LE #818 arrived today. What a fun game! I was having a little trouble with the theater magnet but after I updated the software, it seems to be working great now. Can’t wait to learn all of the tricks and rules!

There’s a throw delay setting in the theater test.

#11147 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

another question, where can I get the edge plastics for the backglass?

JJP has them

#11150 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hi guys a few more questions, really appreciate it
How do I test/know if my theater/ magnets are setup properly? I don’t know what the correct behavior is
What is the best pitch and flipper strength for the game?
What were the stock flipper rubbers? I’m guessing red 1/2 x 1 1/2?
Any other tips for a total noob?

Welcome Mr. Noob - If you are familiar with the WMS game The Shadow, the sanctum ball lock at the top center has a magnet that behaves the same way. The magnet catches the ball, pauses, briefly releases the ball and then engages the magnet again quickly so that the ball flings around and up to the right corner and around and down depending on how clean the fling was; therefore you want to go in to TESTS - DEVICE TESTS - THEATER and look at your setting. The number represents the "delay" if you will - how long is the pause prior to the fling. You can play with the numbers until you get yours just right. I think mine is at -90.
Now be aware - the magnet is NOT always supposed to fling the ball. This confuses people into believing that a perfectly functioning magnet is messed up. The best example is EMP STRIKE disaster mode. The magnet is designed to catch - hold - release and drop the ball back to the center flippers. NOTE: Later software updates - be SURE to run 1.73 if you can that is the latest - saw Ted and the guys change the timing of the moving QED man so that he can deflect a ball headed SDTM from one of these magnet drops. It does not ALWAYS do it but it works fairly well. Another example - say the drone mystery package collect is lit on the small theater monitor. Well at that time, depending on whatever other chaos the game is dealing with, the game wants to display the animation in the theater for whatever you collected. Thus the hold time is longer. And if multiball or something else is happening, the fling may get delayed OR - let's say you happen to also have the virtual inline drop targets running or the train bash where the animation shows the ball trying to bash through the subway doors (you get the idea), there may not ever be a fling or the other steel balls may crash through and knock the ball just off the magnet and then center drain warning. So this game, which is centered on chaos, is, believe it or not, often chaotic. The magnet behavior becomes intuitive after you play the game for awhile. The best example I can come up with is the center ramp bank door on Pat Lawlor's game Monopoly. The bank door basically has four little optos shining through a clear insert to the hood above the door mechanism. When the door partially opened from a fast ball strike or a mistimed hit where the door wanted to open or close but the pinball got there, the door would occasionally hang out in the nebula, not quite closed but certainly not open so you could make the ramp shot. I couldn't tell customers exactly when the door would correct itself or do a quick open close open to get itself into position but on my game at home it became intuitive like I mentioned exactly when the game would do whatever it would do. You just knew it as a player but could not have written it down.
So that's the center magnet. The animations are top notch too in the theater monitor. Granted I am somewhat biased.
The flipper rubbers are the red ones you mentioned.
Pitch is an individual feel thing to me but Mr. Lawlor recommends that the tip of the bubble just kiss the second line on the bubble level mounted on the game. Side to side lean is exceedingly important on DI (and most games) so get your torpedo level and get it right.
Hope that helps.

#11166 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Ok new issue today. Have this issue with one of the leds. Any advice? White lights up fine. Got her on Tuesday.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Missing a color
Walk through all led test color by color you’ll be missing blue I think

#11168 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Missing green and white is kinda pink. Ran through the test. Blue is working. What do I do?

White is not a color per se with rgb LEDs what the game does to try to make white is crank all three colors to max
So you’re missing green. How long have you had the game ?

#11175 3 years ago
Quoted from edelhert:

I have a similar issue with two of the Bob target insert LEDs. Both LED's have very weak RED (RED is still showing during the test, but much weaker than usual). As a consequence, during attract mode both BOB inserts light up LIGHT BLUE when all other LEDs in the game are WHITE.
It's not really reason for me to open up the game and find out what's going on, but I hope no other RGB LEDs are about to deteriorate...

Maybe harness pinched on something shorting out around QED guy

#11177 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Well this can’t go without being said, Steve has given me UNREAL support from JJP!! I mean UNREAL! He saw that post, we emailed back and forth and at almost 1AM EST, he had gone into my service ticket and gotten the right part added and getting it shipped out soon! The man is unreal and with that type of service, I’m super confident in JJP!

Thanks but in actuality it could very easily have gone without being said. I’m not into self aggrandizing or shilling - well I am but not right now - but we finally have 4 fantastic tech support people after a long (you have NO idea) stretch where it was just 2 or whatever. Well three awesome guys and Barry (hi boss!!). Kidding of course. You guys know Lloyd and me and some know Barry and many know Ken from the NJ factory who is back on the bridge where he belongs. We ride together at last. That’s us - so what - but Four weeks ago I got my first tour of Elk Grove the new factory and spent a week as I always do at the start of new game production. l Learn and work the line and take a game home to use for tech support - you all know the drill - so every time it’s been in Lakewood where I’m from but this time it was green leaf ave of course. All I can say is that the ownership group has more awards on its shelves than I have shelves. The money they invested and then holy crow the talent and sheer strength of the people in that building my word. I like being a very small cog but now I’m in a whole different machine. Poised for something that’s what JJP is, on the cusp of the brink of the leading edge of never ending run-on sentences. We are at least that any way.
So thanks I try hard. Lloyd and those around me are aces you all know that much. Going forward I am STOKED. Steve

#11210 3 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Does everyone's Robot diverter spotlight kind of flicker when it is on? Mine does but it may be normal. Just not sure.

Normal 12v

#11228 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

This is how it is now. [quoted image]

Pink jack - it goes into the pink jack that is the input.

#11230 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Steve when I Add the filter , only one speaker works it seems. I actually purchased two different ones and tried. I can link you to a video if you want to see

Sure - not every single brand works 100 pct but are you saying that both behave the same way?

#11231 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Steve when I Add the filter , only one speaker works it seems. I actually purchased two different ones and tried. I can link you to a video if you want to see

Remove wire coming from motherboard into pink jack (3.5mm mic-style cable). Plug wire from Motherboard into female port on filter. Plug male cable coming from filter into pink jack. That's it.

#11233 3 years ago

Not all filters are equal. I’m taking out the noise sometimes it will black some of the desired sound too.

#11234 3 years ago

Reseat every audio cable you have. The static on the front end sounded more intense than most I’ve heard.

#11241 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

What other audio cables are there that could affect this? I ordered a better in-line from crutchfield. Hope it works

the cables going to the sound board of any kind, make sure the outbound green jack on the motherboard is securely in place. Slide the male cable that is going into the pink jack out about 1/16 and see if the sound gets better.

#11250 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Is this black wire and yellow/brown wire supposed to be connected to something?
[quoted image]

Not necessarily. Are you getting any switch errors? The upper left flipper doesn't exist on this game but does in the harness so it looks like its wires are tied off.

#11266 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Easy to adjust. Turn the game off. Under the playfield you can see the mech. There is what looks like a tiny leg leveler that rides up and down on a out of round wheel on an axle. Above the leg leveler looking thing is a nut. Loosen the nut. Turn the leg leveler looking thing up or down as needed. Retighten the nut. Done.
Page C-59 in the manual. Part #15 in the leg leveler looking thing.
LTG : )

nut is 7/16”

#11268 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I would suggest to release a full update to the latest version, this would reduce the confusion a lot...

It’s coming soon

#11271 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Sorry if I'm being dense but are you saying a new code is coming for DI soon?

What I was saying is that in order to enable the wifi updates concept launched with GnR the older games need a code update. The word I heard was that when this was being done there would most likely be a new full install software version which would being everything together so 2 updates were not required as they are now.

#11273 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Cool - so wifi updates are coming to the older games? That would be great!

This is my belief at this point. I don't have certainty on this but I believe so.

#11298 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Hey all-I've had my DI for a few years now, and it's held up really well, but there are a couple of nagging issues that I wanted to see if anyone had solutions to.
First, the theater screen seems to be a little flaky. It'll go out, or solid blue with "VGA" on it. This seems to be fixed (at least temporarily) by reseating all the connectors, including the power to the screen. Just wondering if this is a common issue, and if anyone has a more permanent fix for it. Seems to be happening more often these days.
I've also noticed that when the game is idle, there's a lot of speaker noise-kind of a low-pitched electrical flutter. I think it might be solved by adding a ground loop isolator-is this something others have needed to do? It doesn't really seem noticeable in gameplay, so I haven't really worried about it much, but if it's an easy fix, then it's probably worth doing.

Ground loop isolator - yes

https://www.amazon.com/Kript-Eliminate-Electrical-permalloy-Transformers/dp/B01N7QSOO8/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-p13n1_0

#11304 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Looking to add another pin and DI is on the shortlist...but probably not able to add anything till 2021.
With that in mind, what's the production cycle/availability here? I can't imagine JJP running more with GnR being massive...is the secondary market decent?

As far as NIB, factory is out of them but distributors have some I think.

1 week later
#11362 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

As I tend to note everything about DI I remember that somebody said something about a password „qmodem“. Maybe this is the BIOS password?

+1

#11369 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

As far as I know all DI are using the MSI H81M-P33, at least I haven’t seen a different one - every mainoard is the same.

This is correct also

#11377 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

I changed my battery last night as I had to get into my backbox to install trans light LED. WOW - what a PITA to change the battery! Spinning fan less than 1/2" from the battery. Felt like a game of operation... not a good design!
I also had to trim up my backbox and change out my lock arm so I could remove my glass like 'normal'. I totally get some manufacturing errors but this seems like basic stuff for someone to check before it left the factory. However given the PO never had to go into the backbox I guess is a good sign

DI was new cabinet design by Pat and his team - anyone that was present at the live reveal at Expo that year will remember this for sure. So yeah that new design had its tweaks once they started being built in numbers by the cabinet manufacturers but it has lived on through WW and GnR to better results. I do hear you though.

#11381 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Don’t you lose settings and high scores if you change batteries when machine is off?

Back them up to a flash stick first then reinstall using utilities menu

#11382 3 years ago

Did you take pictures by any chance? I’m sure I can find it but was also curious what batteries do I purchase? It’s getting close to three years for my DI and PotC. I have never changed batteries in a modern pin before

cr 2032 common 3v pc battery
Staples 2 pack used to be 5$

#11385 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

I didn't take a pic, sorry.
Take off the panel the LED strip is attached to. The battery is on the far right side and is a CR2032, in a tight spot.
Per the manual the battery must be changed with the machine powered on or you risk loosing the BIOS and machine won't startup properly.

From Butch Peel's excellent DI manual - always free download from our website.

Screenshot 2020-11-11 104849 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-11-11 104849 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-11-11 104909 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-11-11 104909 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#11510 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Does noise filter for WOZ and Hobbit work on this one? My DI is twice as loud humming that my WOZ.

Yes same sound setup

2 weeks later
#11604 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Is there a fix for a sagging monitor? Mine is slightly down on the top and light spills over.

The monitor is mounted on a big arm, and where it connects in the back center of the monitor there are four bolts. Loosen gently, then twist the monitor so it raises slightly whichever side you need, and re-snug the bolts. Just a little is all you need to do to fix the sagging side. Don’t loosen the bolts much as you don’t want the monitor to fall.

#11607 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Is the hardware the same for the cell phone and the theater monitor (4.3 inch)? Never checked that.

Yes

#11608 3 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

I checked it for you: According to the manual, driver board and LCD have the same part numbers in the phone as well as the theater.

The two main components that run each little monitor are the control board 15-000038-00 and the screen w/ribbon cable 17-000004-00
You can swap vga cables in the backbox and switch the outputs from one to the other monitor if you’re tracing a problem. Vga for the phone comes from the AUX video card and for the theater from the motherboard itself.

3 weeks later
#11630 3 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

Anyone know where I might be able to get some touch up paint for my DILE ?
I put a little scratch on one of the side rails and my OCD is getting the best of me. I tried to contact support via the Jersey Jack site, but never received a response.

We don’t have paint codes - the LE powder coat is aquamarine

3 weeks later
#11703 3 years ago

Well the phone scoop is probably firing because the game thinks that there is a ball there. The phone scoop opto is solid green when it should not be on your matrix. BOTH moving target home and away are green and that shouldn't be. Your problem is probably with the right opto control board
See attachment = check the power and switch connectors there.

Screenshot 2021-02-03 223312 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-02-03 223312 (resized).png
#11705 3 years ago

Check those optos to see if they actually work. Break the beams by hand one by one. Red flagging like that doesn't mean they are actually bad.

#11707 3 years ago

It's possible yes. If you are certain power is getting there. One way to make it pretty much certain would be to flip flop the two opto control boards as they are identical.

6 months later
#12079 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yep. There’s no rhyme or reason for why it drops for the ball lock other than it’s something you have to deal with until you get the ball locked.

I believe the idea is that it gets the ball somewhat down toward the upper right flipper.

#12118 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

After being Bitch slapped by LTG lol I’m here being lazy asking where the setting for theatre magnet adjustment is?

It's in the theater magnet test under device tests

2 months later
#12411 2 years ago
Quoted from marvinmax:

Dear Dialed in owners (or other people who have experience with JJP software), I have a problem with my dialed in, hopefully some one can help me!
Couple of weeks ago I tried to update my dialed le from 1.73 to 1.75 (full install). Made a usb stick like stated on your website (did this more then 10 times before on my other JJP titles), and run the update. During the update I got a message "target partition size (10200 mb) is smaller than source (21475 mb). Use option -c to disable size checking(Dangerous)". I couldn't do anything at that moment and reboted. After a couple of tries, it worked and the dialed stated 'reboot the pinball remove the usb'. After doing that I got a black screen with a lot of text saying: "ALERT! UUID=...... does not exist. Dropping to a shell! A lot of other text and ending with "(initramfs) ".
I tried to do the install again, but still the samen problem..... I've added some pictures of what appears on the screen. Tried to contact JJP but after a first very quick reply from Steve, they didn't react on my emails for weeks......
Thanks for helping me out!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi - your case got closed in the system so I didn’t know you were still waiting for a reply sorry about that - did you try starting over with a complete full install from scratch? Delete your download from your computer completely as it may be corrupted or incomplete and start over by redownloading the iso and then do the full install all over again. If you used unetbootin to make the usb stick before use Rufus instead this time. Usb stick no smaller than 8gb no larger than 32 gb.

1 month later
#12489 2 years ago

Theater magnet should fling the ball around the back ala The Shadow a large percentage of the time. Go into device tests - magnet test and mess with the setting. Mine works well at -100

2 months later
#12657 2 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Still working on updating to V1.75. I'm on V1.73. Does JJP publishes a document that describes what are the changes in a code update like Stern does?

There is a change log on the downloads page.

2 weeks later
#12716 2 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

New at this... is there a way in the test menu to check the charge of the 2032 battery? I just bought a DI and the born date was February 2018. The instructions on how to change the battery is very clear in the manual.
Also some times when I hit the ball into the theater the ball just hangs in there and I have to shake the pin in order for it to roll down. I don't have any SDTM issues however?

Game power off. Take your multimeter set to dc voltage. Leave battery in place. Touch top of battery with red lead, touch ground somewhere with the black lead. 3volt battery - new ones usually read 3.2 or 3.3. If it gets below 3.0 change it carefully with game power on.

#12717 2 years ago

For the theater magnet, if the magnet core originally had mylar over it, that can get cut over time or wrinkle up and make the surface not smooth. Also the mylar when gone leaves a gluey residue - best cleaned with a pencil eraser by reaching in from the front.

#12734 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Is that the code that came out in the last few months with the Scorbit stuff?

1.75 came out in October and had some tweaks along with adding Scorbit but the code that included the QED movement as described above came out a while before that version. Also make sure that your magnet is flinging the ball around the back correctly as it is supposed to much of the time.

#12736 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

theres a setting somewhere to mess with the magnet power that helped me. Mine drops the ball straight down a lot as well but as someone said the power company guy seems to be coded to get in the way of that most of the time now.

Device test - theater magnet - mine works best when set on -100

#12739 2 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

Hello to all! So this morning the machine developed a issue, the train station is clicking (releasing ball mech) constantly. (see video) The game is is not "telling" about a faulty switch at start up.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks!
~ja

Look along the bottom of the station - you can see the opto transmitters receivers on either side of the channel. You don't need to remove the station cover - just look along below it on both sides - my guess is that one has fallen out of its mounting hole and thus tricks the game into thinking a ball is there.

#12741 2 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

Hi! thanks for your reply but I don't think it is the case (photos below)
Best,
~ja
[quoted image][quoted image]

Okay, so that wasn't it. If you go into matrixed switch test, do any of those four read as open rather than closed?

#12743 2 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

Thanks! I think we found the culprit... ball lock three is open while the other are closed (photo attached)
Lastly, is it normal that the coil fire several times when one of the other 3 optos gets triggered during switch (matrix) test? (video)
[quoted image]

Yes more or less. Check that opto pair back to the opto control board (they are both mounted on the metal case around the moving QED guy). See if it is plugged in there and follow it along to inspect the wiring in between.

1 month later
#12837 1 year ago

I was wondering if someone could lead me to where to connect ground loop isolator. I couldn’t find a key post on it. Thanks in advance!!!!!

Unplug the male cable going into the pink female jack on the sound board, plug that cable into the female port on the isolator, then plug the male cable coming from the isolator into the pink jack.

#12839 1 year ago

On the motherboard the green Jack is correct - that’s the output heading for the sound board, which is in the board in the middle between the ATX and the motherboard. On the sound board, the input is the top (pink) Jack. All you are doing is putting the isolator between the motherboard out and the sound board in. So you could put it at either end if you wanted to but it’s easier to Mount somewhere inside the metal box with a tie wrap or something.

#12846 1 year ago
Quoted from edelhert:

I have a similar issue, where the "red" color in two of the BOB targets is weak, and sometimes off. Maybe it can be resolved by resoldering some connections on the board, but I'm not sure it may make things worse. I was told that the 15-000053-13 board has replaced the older (and less reliable) 15-000053-03 board, and was made by a different supplier. But now I get the impression that I better replace my defective ...-03 board with another, new ...03 board. Can you please give some guidance?
[quoted image]

You need not worry - the -13 board is the drop in replacement for the -03. You don't have to worry about having to find an original -03 out there somewhere.

2 weeks later
#12877 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Yes i'm on newest code...but I can't find the 'adjust magnet setting' in other posts....

It’s in the magnet test menu under device tests. You can set the number for the delay to time the on off on delay for the fling around back.

#12879 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Keep in mind the magnet doesn't -always- throw the ball. It depends on what reason the ball was caught to begin with.

This is very true

#12881 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Hmmm....setup was -80 (I guess default)....did -70 but then all magnet tricks are gone or too late....now on -75 and straight down the middle .....

Mine does well at -100

#12893 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Thank you both for your quick responses. Connections are good at all the solder points. Nothing is touching where it shouldn’t be. Nothing registers on the dedicated switch test when I move them by hand. Nothing on the left flipper EOS, right flipper EOS or upper flipper EOS registers when using the flipper buttons. Flipper buttons switch register but not the flippers.
I reseated the J601 on both ends.

Unfortunately nothing changes. You mention looking for a break from J601 to EOS. Stupid question I’m sure, but what might that look like? What am I searching for?
[quoted image]

Find this connector on the I/O board in the backbox behind the monitor - it is probably cocked or pulled off or whatever. It is in a group of 4 on the bottom right edge as mounted

Screenshot 2022-05-27 182227 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-05-27 182227 (resized).png
1 month later
#12948 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

At one point I thought there was a way to shut off the "wave your hand" requirement for Lottery Frenzy, but can't find that option anywhere in the game menu, the manual, or in this forum. Did I imagine it?

Just wiggle your head

1 week later
#12971 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Just got my dialed in today! Seems like a super cool game. My back button for the menu button doesn’t work however. Checked loose connections but doesn’t seem to be that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check j601-604 on the I o board behind the monitor - if the head was just folded and unfolded those smaller switch wires can get tugged off or crookedly partially on their pins and those four share a ground wire at pin1 on each connector. Any tension on those harnesses can cause what you are seeing.

#12973 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

That was it! Thanks very much. Noticed a couple of crooked connectors and fixed them.

No problem glad I could help.

3 weeks later
#13040 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Since it’s not on JJP parts list on the website are you saying to email JJP and request the trap door to purchase? Thanks

yes email [email protected]

8 months later
#13336 11 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

What code are you on, I thought they added the moving target to block it in later code.

In the test adjust the magnet timing -100 or -110 works well for some folks but experiment with yours until you get it throwing the ball around back consistently (except it never does during EMP strike mode by design)

8 months later
#13553 86 days ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I've been having a problem with balls hanging up in the theater after award shots. I thought the balls might be slightly magnetized so I replaced them but I'll still having the same problem. I little jostle gets them loose but it's annoying. Any ideas?

Mylar gets cut and glue residue and uneven surface on the magnet core makes the balls stick
Take a pencil eraser and clean off the magnet core

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 22.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballomatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=Pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.