IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2256 6 years ago

I unboxed my game yesterday and today for some reason the start button mech broke away and I cannot get it to snap into its holster anymore. Here's a youtube-video about the problem:

I submitted a ticket to JJP about it. Meanwhile, is there anything I could do to fix this?

I have a spare start button from my Monster Bash, but the parts are not interchangeable. Would it work if I replaced the whole mechanism with it (button, mech holster, bulb, switch)? There are some spikes on the start button backside though, so I would have to file them away.

Thanks for any info!

#2258 6 years ago

After much wiggling and selected brute force techniques, I got it to stick so that it now seems to work ok again.

#2303 6 years ago

Hi!

Could somebody please provide a picture of the wire that goes into the connector on the motherboard highlighted in the picture (its a picture of the CPU-unit in the backbox and its right bottom corner).

I have had to dismantle my dialed in in order to be able to carry it downstairs and it seems that orientation of the wire connected to this connector was not documented.

Connector (resized).JPGConnector (resized).JPG

#2306 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

That is the internal audio connector to connect a front panel audio on a normal PC. I do not believe it is connected in a DI but can be mistaken. If there is a cable for it you can easily recognise it because the connector is keyed. If you look closely, there is one pin missing. On the connector there will be no hole in that same place.

Thanks, but to me it seemed that the connector had the holes in each slot and it was not keyed. I have to use my eyeglasses tomorrow after we have carried it downstairs and look more closely. I have to say this JJP had many more connectors to remove in comparison to Hobbit for example. It almost felt like a WPC95-machine connectorwise!

#2307 6 years ago

On a further note, I have playfield protector in place and it seems that that I had to put -130 as a value for the theatre magnet for it to work properly.

Also there is now the bob trap door defect. Using grease had been proposed, but also the adjusting of the smaller coil. I have to see how I could bend the small metal piece relating to the small coil to be able to adjust it. I guess it is just a matter of using select brute force techniques!

#2309 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

I had the same trouble (it was the one connector I didn't take a picture of), and it is not keyed. I had to trace the wires to the front of the cabinet to make sure they were even audio.
I believe the black wires go off to the right as seen on your picture, but I'll check when I get home.

If you can take a pic, that would be brilliant!

#2335 6 years ago

When the ball goes over the QED guy's rail slot, does the ball make a tiny jump in your game?
In mine it does, but it might be because of the playfield protector.

#2337 6 years ago

Also reports from people with playfield protectors would be nice to get!

#2343 6 years ago

Thanks for the input regarding jumps/QED guy. I presume that everyone above doesn't have a playfield protector in use. It would be good to hear comment regarding jumbs/QED guy rail from someone with the protector as I suspect it being the reason for this.

#2347 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I have the playfield protector and have issues with jumps on the QED guy and tons of air balls off everything. I've played four or five other games on location and none had this issue (the ball gets stuck on the QED guy track too only on my game, and behind the right flipper). Hopefully I'll be removing mine soon, waste of money nobody should get one.

Thanks for the info. It seems that the culprit is the protector then!

#2362 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The more I look at my pics it doesn’t seem like they will help as you are looking for the connections behind this metal area? PM me and I can see if I can take a pic of that if you have not figured it out already.

Thanks! I found the right orientation, since there was a pin missing in the connector and I found out that correspondingly no wire went to the corresponding connector to be attached there. However, there must be now some other reason for my headphones not working - it must be the other connector near the coin door then, I will investigate.

1 week later
#2501 6 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Hi all! Just got a Dialed In Standard Edition and the start button assembly was hanging loose inside. I can't make it stick in the hole where it's supposed to be. See image where I've put it in the hole. Is there any parts missing?

I had the same problem. I pushed it in with force and twisted and it finally stayed, although at first it looked like it will never stick.

#2505 6 years ago

My audio-connector in the front is not working - anyone with the same problem and how did you fix it?

#2574 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the cable inside the cabinet at the front, and if that's connected, open the box in the head with the computer motherboard and make sure the audio connection is plugged in there and didn't come loose.

Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes it is going to be either one of these two places to check. If you need to get in the back here are some pics and tips The monitor is in front of some of the computer goodies you need access to. There are some wooden lock in supports you need to loosen in order to swing it out. I hope this helps.

Million thanks for the advice!

First of all, this was not JJP:s fault - I had to carry the pin downstairs and I had disconnected these connectors and it seems I did not do a through job in putting them back: 1) the connector in the backbox apparently had missed some pins - it is just a pain to put the connector back there, the spot is tight! And 2) also the connector at the coin door apparently was reversed as I first had sound only in the other headphone speaker. I turned it around and now its working beautifully. I took some pics - this is the orientation of the connectors that work in my pin, in case anyone needs them for reference.

Connector2 (resized).JPGConnector2 (resized).JPG

Connector1 (resized).JPGConnector1 (resized).JPG

#2731 6 years ago

I am sure that his has been asked before, but what to do with this post on the left? Ball is often trapped between it and the inlane in my machine. Have you removed it altogether or e.g. replaced it with smaller post? Which is a good replacement post to use?

Post (resized).jpgPost (resized).jpg

#2734 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Hi Marko,
I took that post out and used a little washer for level it with my playfieldprotector and put a little piece mylar over it. And no ball hangers or other problems.
But you have to level the machine correct - and this is a bit tricky... but it helped me also with the "balls bounce over the rampend" problem.
Only thing I have are airballs from the QED-lane up in the ramp and from some targets.
Can you send a picture how the external volume control is connected? I would like to build my own for the SE

I am worried about the ball nicking itself to the metal plate after the post... Can you send me a pic on how you did it? I think my machine should be level and steep enough, but I recheck! I think the problem is accumulated due to the playfield protector that I am using...

About volume controls - do these help? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/52#post-4187249

2 weeks later
#2892 6 years ago

I have this one metal piece that apparently has been attached in a wrong way as it touches the cabinet inner side (its on the upper left part of the playfield). So not much hope for installing sideblades for me. What would be the best way to get this sorted? I have tried to remove the screw and bend the rail, but always, when I screw it back again, it goes into its old position. Should I try to file this or what?

DI_screw (resized).JPGDI_screw (resized).JPG

#2894 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Remove the screw. Push a dowel into the hole and fill it with a little wood glue. Let dry over night. Drill another hole slightly farther away from the wall to mount the clip farther away from the wall.

It is very difficult to move the metal part at all, its apparently a part of the metal guide, so I do not know how I could manage to drill any holes. If I put wood glue and toothpicks into the hole, let it dry, try to bend the metal piece further and tried to screw a new screw into slightly different place?

1 week later
#2972 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

*** Head Removal on DI: Has Anyone Attempted? ***
Hi.
I'm not presently a DI owner, but I would love to find a HUO example.
I wonder if any of you have ever taken the head entirely off the cabinet for the purpose of load in/out.
I have to get down a steep/windy stair case on the load in and it's really only possible if the head and cabinet go down separately. I did this with my last pin - a Stern SAM - and it was no big deal.
I realize there is a relatively large monitor in the head, but my hope was that the boards are surprisingly small and the connectors not so numerous as to make separation a dangerous challenge.
Truthfully - and perhaps sadly - whether or not I buy this title will depend on this very thing, as I'm not about to rebuild my stairwell to accommodate a folded pin.
Any insight/suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Yes, I have to put the pins in three pieces, when carrying them downstairs, so I removed also the DI's head. It's certainly doable, but there were quite a lot of connectors. Started to remind a WPC95-machine. In any case, one evening went to the exercise, just label every wire, so you should do ok with it.

3 weeks later
#3225 6 years ago

How is the quality of powdercoat on your machine's lockdown bar? Mine looks a bit like it would have been handpainted with a brush.

Dialed (resized).JPGDialed (resized).JPG

#3227 6 years ago

Ok, I need to open a ticket despite having this collectable version

#3234 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_mutha:

Oh I forgot to mention that the rest of the powder coating is glass smooth. It's only the lock bar.

Yes, the same here.

1 week later
#3346 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. See pictures.

My experience is lasts a long time. Probably won't happen again.
LTG : )

One cannot use e.g. Williams springs here instead?

#3414 6 years ago

I have the playfield protector on, I guess it makes the removing of mylar a no-go then.

#3417 6 years ago

Yesterday my right flipper started acting up weirdly. Almost like an emp strike would have hit it (but it was not a mode). The flipper did not stay up and on occassion did not correspond to me pressing the flipper button. I am sure something like this has happen before - anyone care to point me to a solution? Thanks!

2 weeks later
#3605 6 years ago

I like the idea of a mega-phone topper! Install it on the backbox in e.g. a 45-degree angle and develop some nice-looking cover for the tablet to make it look like a giant phone!

#3749 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

How is the quality of powdercoat on your machine's lockdown bar? Mine looks a bit like it would have been handpainted with a brush.

FYI, I emailed about the lockdown bar to JJP techsupport 15th of March as they instructed me, but they have still not come back to me regarding any replacement.

2 weeks later
#4014 5 years ago

What kind of success have people had with JJP support?

I notified them about my lockdown bar, which looks like it had been brushpainted asking for a replacement
and requested cliffy-protectors on 15th March originally, reminded them via their support portal on 25th April
and now again today on the 13th of May.

They have emailed once back asking for pics, but after that it stopped.

3 months later
#5146 5 years ago

What kind of luck have people outside of the US had with JJP support?

I first send an email to them on 15 March about my lockdown bar, which seems handpainted to me, asking for replacement. I also asked for Cliffy protectors, which they apparently were shipping to customers at that time. I got a response asking for pictures the same day and a promise that they would ship out the cliffies. I replied the same day by sending the pics. After that I have asked for update on the ticket on 25 April, 13 May and 19 August without getting an answer.

#5157 5 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

I had an led fail on one of the boards. I filled out a ticket on their website was contacted the next day or day after. Within a day they had a new light board in the mail and I had it about a week later.
So my experience with support was excellent.

I guess I could try to open another ticket, if that would make any change.

#5164 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I had a rather simple issue that I e-mailed them about for several months. I first got a very positive response that parts would be sent then heard nothing. After e-mailing about once a month since without result I then e-mailed Jack, who replied he was sorry but only copied to Frank after which again nothing happened.
I finally followed the advice in this thread and called Frank who answered promptly and the parts were sent the same day.
I love Dialed In, JJP and what Jack has done for pinball, but they sure seem to have serious problems handling their support via e-mail.

Perhaps its best to try to call him, will search this thread for Frank's number. I guess it will be ok to call sometime late in the evening, it seems that then the pinheads from US are browsing Pinside atleast

#5171 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

are you emailing or using the support website? Ive never waited longer than a day for a response or a week for a resolution at my door when I simply fill out the support ticket online

Originally the ticket system, but after that replying to the email they answered to me with. I think it is given as an option of way of correspondence there as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=Nepi23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.