IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NeilMcRae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4751 5 years ago
Quoted from kharri:

Hopefully they will add more to the selfie mode too. Would like to save some of them

like an option to turn the camera off!

#4753 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

already exists.

I meant on a per player basis.

So you stick your coin into the machine and it prompts you.

Here in Europe the camera presents many potential legal issues without that option (although I've only seen one on location!)

Neil.

1 month later
#5067 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I think mine was beyond a quick rag wipe down. I ended up just replacing all rubbers and will clean regularly.
Now if I could only find a way to keep these clean..[quoted image]

ceramic...

IMG_1370 (resized).PNGIMG_1370 (resized).PNG

1 month later
#5458 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Is there a difference between JJP hole protectors and Cliffy Hole protectors? I thought Cliffy was making them for JJP now? I had asked the previous owner to send in an order for me through JJP (as he still had the game).

make sure you have the cliffy ones they make the game 10x better.

4 months later
#7285 5 years ago

ok folks,
what's your strategy for getting a million points on this game? Struggling to beat that number.

#7300 5 years ago

thanks, I just get the sim shot announcement then drain LOL.

1 month later
#7536 5 years ago

Ok I want my Dialed in to post all the selfies it takes to twitter - has anyone done this?

3 months later
#8531 4 years ago

Anyone got a picture of one of these side by side with monster bash le? Or have both ? How close is the armour colour?

Thanks

#8535 4 years ago

Lloyd many thanks!

2 weeks later
#8757 4 years ago

will check what CPU in my game but I don't see any lag or coil issues and running latest code.

#8759 4 years ago

Folks,
I've lost the theater screen and the phone screen. Can't tell if its hardware, they both boot up and show the blue screen at powerup just nada after that - checked all the cables and the video card in the game and all looks ok. (This is a punishment for saying my game didn't play slow).

Anyone had this?

Cheers,
Neil.

#8762 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

seems to be the (2nd) GPU... quite strange to lose in the same time the 2 monitors
when launching the pin, at the begining (initialisation, not POST), the 1st hardware check, did you see the 3 monitors listed ?
if yes, the GPU should be OK

Indeed - I think maybe the OS/game has got corrupted ? Yes see three monitors! Going to install 1.6 on Saturday.

#8775 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Folks,
I've lost the theater screen and the phone screen. Can't tell if its hardware, they both boot up and show the blue screen at powerup just nada after that - checked all the cables and the video card in the game and all looks ok. (This is a punishment for saying my game didn't play slow).
Anyone had this?
Cheers,
Neil.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

seems to be the (2nd) GPU... quite strange to lose in the same time the 2 monitors
when launching the pin, at the begining (initialisation, not POST), the 1st hardware check, did you see the 3 monitors listed ?
if yes, the GPU should be OK

Yeah confirmed GPUs ok. Two screens have gone at the same time... Frustrating as the game was going to a show for a comp. Trying to see if JJP can express ship the parts.

Cheers,
Neil.

#8777 4 years ago

I wondered about power problems, as both screens fed off same 12V power. Might buy an inline regulator or something incase some sort of spike on the 12V that caused it.

It's strange though because the screens still appear to power up and show the blue POST screen.

JJP have suggest 2 screens and 2 control boards. so will get that and hopefully get them shipped express ahead of UK Pinfest!

#8804 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That really seems unlikely that both screens went at once.
To test, connect a regular LCD monitor to the video output on the backbox computer and see if you get a picture.
Or maybe something in the code got corrupted? Try reloading 1.60 full and see what happens.
Unless you tried all these steps already.
My phone screen went, but that was my fault... Waiting for parts and JJP is backlogged right now.
If you take the phone apart, be careful with the VGA ribbon cable. I don't think mine was crimped very well and the wires easily came out of the connector.
Rob

Yeah that's what I thought Rob. Note one thing both screens are powered from the same source so part of me is thinking this was a power surge maybe? Trying to see if there is a way I can put a power regulator in to stop any over volts.

Downgraded to 1.60 no difference.
plugged in the main screen to the two VGA ports and get a picture no problem so its definitely the screens. Well I think its most likely the controller boards are at fault. I found the parts at freddies pinball and ordered them although one of them is the full phone unit so its cost me a lot more than it needed to but I really want to get this game up for the weekend.

My experience with Dialed in (complete mother board failure and drone failure plus this) and just reading the other JJP threads doesn't fill me with confidence about how sustainable these machines are.

Cheers,
Neil.

#8828 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

How much was the complete phone unit and how long have you had your game?
Rob

I've had it about a year. they arrived in the UK February last year and the original owner had a load of issues with mechs on the game and wanted JJP to take it back but they never did and he sold it on, when he did he'd resolved all the issues but he sold it cheap to me. I'd never have paid full price for the game as I just wanted it to learn how to play it as it kept screwing me in comps.

Complete phone unit was $300ish.

Neil.

#8830 4 years ago

Fixed the screens - you won’t beleive it! Story later

But now QED man won’t move?! What should I look for?

Thanks,
Neil.

#8849 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Check the two black screws as in the image. If loose the shaft spins freely.

thanks that was spot on!

2 months later
#9462 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Dave I picked up a new CPU for DI and plan to fit it soon as I am finding on this and Pirates that the bonus round-up takes a while I think (int not just a matter of pressing flipper buttons) it may be CPU usage I will know once I fit the new CPU. Will report back.

I'm not getting any slowdown - wierd.

4 months later
#10120 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

I swapped the vga cables for the theater and the phone shows up on the theater properly. I even tried a different vga cable for the phone but it's still just black. As I stated though, it does show "vga" and a blue screen when booting. But nothing after that. It won't show the theater on the phone display either.

Suspect the screen may have lost its config. Unfortunately the only way to fix it is to get a new screen and use the buttons that come with it to re-programme it.
I had the same problem happen to mine. Swap the screen then use the buttons that come with the new screen to fix the old one.

Neil.

#10126 4 years ago

yes but the game doest come with the buttons - the replacement screen does...

3 months later
#10833 3 years ago

its a tough game for sure.

3 months later
#11438 3 years ago

does DI have wifi capability yet? Just noticed Scorbit added support for JJP games.

Cheers,
Neil.

2 months later
#11661 3 years ago

anyone heard anything recent about updated code with wifi? Keen to get this game on Scorbit.

2 years later
#13319 1 year ago

Folks, need help, looks like I've lost a load of fuses, this was during opening hours at our club so I couldn't look at it properly, is there that could go that would take all of these out?

Has anyone got a spare one of these boards they want to sell?

IMG_3418 (resized).JPGIMG_3418 (resized).JPG

#13323 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

F701 and F702, high voltage bride rectifier ?
I'd more suspect the high power interlock switch, not enabled or failed.
LTG : )

LTG - thanks

I’m pretty sure I had the button pulled but you might be right - the game started to crash mid game so I assumed it was something to do with this.

Neil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NeilMcRae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=NeilMcRae and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.