IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1347 6 years ago

Anyone fitted something here to stop this ball hangup?

20171102_193200 (resized).jpg20171102_193200 (resized).jpg

#1350 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just hit the side of the pin

Nah, couldn't dislodge it, was a glass off moment.

#1356 6 years ago

What does everyone think of the JJP scoops protectors? They are much thicker than cliffys, a few of us who got machines this week in the UK are noticing ball damage and scratches on the playfield. Not sure if the balls had these imperfections before playing or if these protectors are causing it ( or something else causing it? ).

#1367 6 years ago

Do you have to enable the camera

Quoted from Pinhead1982:Anyone have any issues on new code download where the phone doesn't boot back up?
Put it back to 1.13 and still no screen?
This has happened to another game and don't want to update if it's gonna mess mine up?
ltg any help
Thanks

That would be mine I guess. My phone screen appears to be dead, I've updated 1.13>1.50>1.5>1.13>1.5 but it's not working. I've even swapped the VGA cable over with the Theatre and had the phone image on the theatre screen but nowt on the phone. Got to go to work now so will have to trouble shoot tomorrow. Looks like the phone screen itself is faulty or not getting power ( the backlight of the LCD screen isn't even lighting, so its solid black, not backlit grey or showing blue no signal screen ). Other connectors leading to the screen ( power and cat5 ) all seem to be in place.

#1401 6 years ago

Anyone know how to ' edit selfie label ' , I'm putting my name in and it says press start to save but it does nothing. I'm hoping this is how you don't have to keep putting your name in after a game? am I misunderstanding what this option is for? Isn't there a way for the machine to recognize you and put your name in automatically?

#1404 6 years ago

Thanks guys, so my request for facial recognition to automatically add your name isn't a thing then? at least not yet?

#1424 6 years ago

Are there any spare/accessory power connectors on DI?

#1462 6 years ago

I understand you can cancel multiball start somehow? How? I've tried mashing the flippers but multiball just starts quicker.

#1465 6 years ago

Thanks guys

#1497 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Haha, I know to do that if I want to overwrite the file, just making sure this was normal. If you recall, I had that issue with the corrupted MMR file.

Mine did exactly the same.

1 week later
#1570 6 years ago

Am I correct in thinking if you have 2 sim cards ready to collect you have to hit the sim scoop twice? 1 hit doesn't collect both?

#1582 6 years ago

My screen went blank after updating and never came back. Currently waiting for a replacement.

#1630 6 years ago

As I mentioned previously my smartphone screen died just after updating to 1.5 having only owned the machine a day or 2. I'm still waiting for a replacement but in the meantime I get to hear the ' Here's your new phone ' and ' we have detected a problem with your phone ' callouts every time I play ..Bastards!

Anyway, I was wondering what skillshot everyone plunges for? has anyone developed a strategy for which to choose? there doesn't seem to be one that's the one to always go for ( like in LOTR for example ). I usually try to go for the points but for no other reason than I haven't worked out why/when you should go for any other choice.

#1690 6 years ago

I've adjusted my trapdoor mech a few times, seems not very sturdy to me, i. e. Made out of thin easily bent metal.

#1725 6 years ago

Anyone else had a right ramp shot take the entrance between the left loop and right ramp rather than make the ramp? I just had a very well hit right orbit/ramp shot complete the orbit and come back down the left side where it had ridden up the wall high enough to take the route into the left orbit. If you've looked at this area closely you'll understand what I mean, may not make sense otherwise. I'm 100% sure it's not supposed to do that, you would swear there was a diverter there the way it completed the loop.

#1829 6 years ago

I've just fitted my replacement smartphone and all is well. I've read others ask about the animations on the phone screen but couldn't relate before because my screen was down, now I'm noticing some of the face animations not running. For instance the sergeant major type guy who talks during the meteor mode, I've seen that mode start with just a static image of him but sometimes with him animating. Glitch/bug? Also does the scientist that talks during singularity animate? he didn't for me just now.

Interestingly the colour of the LED's around the phone are much stronger on this replacement phone, the blue much bluer and the green much greener, but the red is the biggest difference, on my old one the red was orange, I noticed the difference immediately.

#1844 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I set the Theatermagnet to -95 and no stdm anymore i think if you have the prolem you have to try different settings for the magnet.

That setting only affects the times the magnet does ' catch and toss backwards ', not when it does ' catch and release '.

1 week later
#1957 6 years ago

The day after getting my machine I decided to adjust the flipper button switches as they didn't feel right. I found the screws holding the switches to the cab were loose so I tried to tighten them. I found 3 of the four screws had been over tightened on installation and stripped the screw holes. The right switch was barely holding on but getting more and more unresponsive. Matchsticks in the holes time. Awesome build quality. Feels like a new starter on the Jjp line problem.

2 weeks later
#2187 6 years ago

The mode start animations not playing properly on the phone needs fixing. Previous posts in this thread have suggested not all animations are in there yet and there's more to come but I'm pretty sure I've seen them all run properly, seems it's just 50/50 whether they load and run or just display a static image.

Do the mode start animations run 100% of the time for anyone?

#2194 6 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

A bunch of the phone call voice clips do not have animations. When we have time to create the animations, they will be put in.
--Ted

Thanks, that's good to know.

#2238 6 years ago

Probably a stupid question but....during lottery frenzy it says on the screen ' lock 3 balls for multiball ' or words to that effect. Is that another multiball? i.e. different to the standard multiball, monkey wrench, drone or QED? I've never achieved it and it actually seems quite unlikely during the short lottery frenzy time. Or am I completely misunderstanding it?

#2281 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

This is maybe a question for check_switch_26 -- what is it that "unlocks" disaster apps to be available on the phone? The game always starts with the same four or five, but I'm wondering what the mechanism is that makes the other disasters available? Score? QED hits? Time? Cosmic rays?
Anyone know?

I believe it's the number of sim cards collected ' your phone has been upgraded to level 2 ' etc....

#2328 6 years ago

JJP still aren't setting the trap door up correctly after all the reports? .

1 week later
#2416 6 years ago

The Gem shot is MUCH easier than the sim shot, I can hit the gem shot maybe 1 in 4 or 5 attempts but the sim hole? Thats no better than 1 in 20. Near impossible to hit on purpose/at will. If I've collected 200 sim cards only about 10 of them were direct shots.. If that.

#2467 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

That must have been a hell of a game Kev

Nice one Wayne

#2513 6 years ago

It's not looking good for the longevity of the phone, mine failed the day after getting my machine and was replaced but there's just too many instances of this. Hopefully they've identified the problem and sorted it out with whoever supplies them.

#2524 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Was cleaning and waxing my game last night, when I noticed in the reflection of light that there were loads of ball marks on my pf. I'm fully aware that pfs get scratched up, but from what I've seen on my other games they're more shallow and usually in more of a swirled pattern.
These lines almost look like planking, and when I gently run my finger nail across them, they are deep enough to stop my finger.
I took video of this following the reflection on my portable light.
What do you guys think?
» YouTube video

Pull the balls out of the machine and check them very closely for imperfections. A load of us in the UK had this happen, tiny little raised rough bits on the balls. I noticed mine getting scratched after only 3 or 4 games, checked the balls and found them rough. Swapped the balls out and no further scratches. Either the balls were already damaged or they were poor quality and got damaged, possibly by the scoop protectors.

#2527 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So then this is not normal? This is not what the pf should look like if clean balls were used?
I used the balls that were included with my game.

No, not normal but experienced by a few of us in the uk when we all got our machines. At first we were doubting the clearcoat but soon the rough balls were found and we all ditched them. Go check them really carefully.

#2529 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Regardless, even if I switch balls now, the damage has been done. I've barely played the game, and figured that brand new balls out of the box would have been fine. I'm pretty pissed off!

Understandable, I was too. I caught mine with only a few scratches and you can't really see them unless you look closely. Someone else said they successfully polished most of them out ( probably with novus ).

#2531 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I don't think Novus it going to clear these out. I will try, but highly doubt it.
I've contacted JJP.

Did you find the balls rough?

#2540 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Took the balls out, and they do have some dings in them, but not much more than some of my other balls in other games.
I tried taking some Novus 2, Novus 1, and wax to it, without really any improvement.
Waiting on JJP.

The imperfections I found were tiny little raised spikes, imagine a grain of sand stuck to the surface. Too small to see but could feel and once found could feel it with thumb nail.

#2545 6 years ago

I replaced mine with stern balls ( not known for their quality either! ) out of my Ghostbusters while I got new balls, and the scratching stopped immediately. Also the stern balls didn't receive damage when in DI. Some owners blamed the jjp scoop protectors damaging the balls, maybe some balls are harder than others. I'm not saying that's what's happened. As for oil on the balls, you are supposed to clean that off before use, it said so on the packaging.

#2576 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Your scoop needs bent down so it dont hit that

Definitely bend the scoop down as per advice above, I went through this a few weeks ago, tried various scoop eject power settings but in the end it was just the scoop bending backwards over time. I believe the steel isn't thick enough because a day or 2 later I had to bend it down again! It's really easy to bend, no tools required.

#2588 6 years ago

Nah it's not normal. I've had 2 NIB's, GB pro ( an early one so no ghosting luckily ) which doesn't have any of these scratches, and DI which had deep scratches near the flippers after only 3 or 4 games. Swapped the balls, no more scratches. JJP balls either already damaged or are soft and got damaged in the machine. 500 plays now, 4 with JJP balls scratching the playfield, and 496 with stern balls causing zero damage.

#2592 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

So then how do you explain this same problem happening with different pinballs from different manufacturers. I have owned many sterns and used the supplied pinballs from them and the scratches still happen. Shine a bright light from up by the trans light with no other lights on in the room I would bet you have scratches. That’s the thing you can’t see them at all unless lighting conditions are a certain way.

I can't, I can only relay my experience with DI balls, and other UK owners who all got machines at the same time and were scared shitless that the clearcoat hadn't cured....then we changed the balls and lived happily ever after.

#2622 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Iis the bottom right led out on my phone?

Step through the LED test, each individual LED can be lit 1 at a time, including those running around the phone.

#2635 6 years ago

I have mirror blades installed, they are tight though.

#2636 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Concerning the reports of playfield scratches, look to the area circled below as one of the other possible causes of damage to balls, which in turn can lead to playfield scratches.
On the most recent DI builds, I believe this piece is being bent slightly to the right, so the tip is positioned somewhat behind the stand up target, and balls can no longer strike the edge directly.

Well spotted, just checked mine and that edge is very exposed, I’ll be bending mine in.

#2674 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone know how to select between the different disasters?

If you look at the charged phone you'll see the currently available disasters, when you flip you'll see that you're changing which one is lit. Hit the scoop with the disaster lit you want to start. Bare in mind when you flip it will move one place so select one disaster to the left or right depending which flipper you use ( same as how the ring modes are selected in LOTR )

1 week later
#2816 6 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

The big bang lighting effect is just the coolest. I would even like to see them take it further and make it even more dramatic!

It is great but the trouble with making it even more dramatic is the ball is usually still in play when you hit it, it's hard enough keeping an eye on the balls or balls as it is

3 weeks later
#3093 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I just received the new JJP factory Cliffy's free of charge from the factory. Great service!!
So planning on installing these tonight on my machine.
Now seeing this mantis option. What's the difference? Why would I pick one over the other? Confused.

I'm confused about mantis too, never owned a machine with one and why protect the inside of the hole?

#3121 6 years ago

Another update would be nice about now to fill in all those missing animations.

#3124 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, those were confirmed to still be on the "to do" list.

Is there anything else on the to do list? where is the list?

1 week later
#3243 6 years ago

I could shave with the lockdown bar or the side rails on my DI standard edition.

1 week later
#3314 6 years ago

Am I correct in thinking a lit sim card ( but not collected yet ) is lost when getting to Chaos in Quantum city? I just reached chaos with 2 collected sim cards and one ready for collection. I hit the sim hole during chaos but it wasn't collected, then when the mode was over the sim waiting to be collected was gone. 99% sure that's what happened, hope it's fixed in the future.

#3404 6 years ago

On my machine the mylar over the magnet cores melted and bubbled in no time at all, probably less than 50 games. May as well cut it off immediately. Leave it on the playfield though, just cut it off the core.

1 week later
#3505 6 years ago

That has happened to me a few times too. I think its the same problem as sometimes a right ramp shot will somehow rattle and not make it all the way. Like you say, the ball must be bouncing up and taking the exit. Its a poor design in my opinion, the way the left orbit connects to the right ramp.

#3542 6 years ago
Quoted from geoncic:

Sometimes (maybe 1 out of 10) when the ball ejects out of the phone scoop it barely hits the left sling post and will go straight into the middle drain.
Has anybody else had this problem? It seems level, but I'm using a 24" level across the entire cabinet to set it up. I may need to get a better level.
What about coil strength?
Added today: Edit: right sling post
Added today: Edit: right sling post

Sounds stupid but try bending the scoop down, I've experienced the same problem. Over time the scoop lifts and the ball starts clipping the underside of the wireform from the right ramp to the right inlane, this deflects the ball enough that it catches the slingshot. It happens so fast you can't really see it. I've had to bend mine back down twice now, to me the metal just isn't thick enough to maintain its position or it should have been braced. You can literally just push it down with your thumb.

#3567 6 years ago

I don't know the answer but as you've posted such a good photo of that switch I'd like to add that it's not in an ideal position ( by design ), it's too close to the ramp. A fast ball can clear or semi clear it and not make the switch therefore not award the ramp shot, I've had it happen plenty of times. Dial the flipper power down you say? doesn't matter, you still get a fast shot now and then when hit on the fly or a rebound.

1 week later
#3763 5 years ago

I find it annoying that if you've hit the sim hole or the bob hole ( the ball thus ending up in the phone scoop via the subway ) shots to the phone are pointless. So in multiball when you're trying to get an add-a-ball and a ball enters either of the other 2 holes first a shot to the phone scoop will not register as there's only 1 opto there already detecting a ball. 1 or 2 more optos in there would have fixed that. Never mind, doesn't happen THAT often so no biggy.

#3863 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just a heads up for anyone getting a new Dialed In. Replace the balls! After 10 games or so games two of the stock balls already had gouges in them, and one even a small burr. I noticed a couple very light clear scratches that thankfully came out with Novus 2. I threw the stock balls away and replaced with premium Super Shiny balls.

I can't believe they're still shipping machines with those shitty balls! We all went through this months ago, clearcoat getting scratched to fuck within minutes of playing because of the crap balls. FFS Jack, sort it out!.

1 week later
#4045 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

2. Has anyone felt the need to put mylar where the ball drops onto the playfield from Station 3?
3. There is a white insert light right behind the Theater that is always on. I assume it is supposed to be on so that you can see behind the Theater screen when there isn't an image displayed? Am I right?

2...I did, I put a 1" round mylar where the ball drops, you can't even see it unless you look for it.

3...I believe you are correct.

2 months later
#4893 5 years ago

It's pretty ridiculous that machines are still coming out of the factory with the trap door setup issue

#4920 5 years ago
Quoted from kharri:

What COLOR is your Phone?
In particular the RED leds surrounding the phone. You can do this with a self test or when multiball is on the phone. When I got my DI the Red LEDs were red. I had a bad led so they sent me a new board. With the new board the RED leds are ORANGE. Also with the new board the leds aren't as vibrant.
The new board was a -05 and the old one was a -03. I'm thinking they switched to the orange leds.

Mine was the other way around, my first phone which lasted 2 days had orange, or at least very pale red leds. The replacement was much more vibrant, the red being very red. I noticed it instantly.

1 month later
#5316 5 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

The ball is being ejected from the phone scoop straight down the middle—any advice?

Another possibility ( that happened to me ) is if the ball is clipping the slingshot it may be catching the wireform that passes overhead because the top of the scoop is straightening over time. In that case just bend it back down slightly so its missing the wireform.

1 week later
#5348 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Where is the best place to order target decals from?

Got mine from Mezel mods, happy with them.

#5374 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

OK, hate to do this really but...
JJP WHERE IS THE CODE? Last update was going on a year ago, my phone people still aren't animated.

Agreed! It's dragging on now Do JJP only have 1 coder?

#5397 5 years ago

Love the topper, where did you get it from?

1 month later
#6375 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Theres no flap to adjust, it just happens sometimes. The rejects when it rises then gets tossed back down the right side are worse than the full jumps. I think the issue is the ramp top is pretty much at exact ball center. it they made it even 1/8" higher it would have stopped the issue. but its not a game breaker.

Add to that the switch at the top of the ramp ( a few inches down the wireform ) being too close to the peak of the ramp and you then have a switch that can be missed by a fast ball ( if you are lucky enough to get a fast ball not to reject ). Pretty poor design.

3 weeks later
#6585 5 years ago

I cut thin strips of double sided tape and stuck the cliffies down when I installed them, they've never raised.

2 weeks later
#6781 5 years ago

Is it safe to install the latest code at the moment or is the video lag still a possible issue?

#6845 5 years ago

JJP are going to have a huge revenue stream once they stop sending these phone replacements out for free!

1 month later
#7204 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Ok, so I messed up good and big... I was pulling out the playfield to tune up the upper right flipper position... Embarrassed to say, I pulled the playfield out beyond the guides and things came to rest on the moving target assembly (yikes I know- major chicken bone- not like the Williams games). There are no severed wires going into the electric dude but a couple may have gotten pinched a bit or stretched. Dude lights up and target registers, he just doesn't move.
Getting an error "moving target malfunction". I've checked the voltages at the Motor Relay and they are 12.5 to 13 (good) and then at the molex connector, and that is good, but then at the pins connecting to the motor I get a drop to about half that when the test is running but no movement (a faint periodic click can be heard). Compared to the Arm drop actuator, that stays persistent at 12.5 volts.
Is it possible any pinched wires going to the dude might prevent the motor from actuating to move the guy? I've disassembled the actual motor in its entirety in thinking its jammed, and I'm prepared to replace it...
Any ideas? I'll take your flames and insults too... Thank god no damage aside from the dude not moving (he does light up and targets register)

You aren't the first and won't be the last to do that. I did it to TSPP a while back.

1 month later
#7488 5 years ago

Is it safe to install the latest software yet? a few people were getting out of sync animations on the phone iirc.

1 week later
#7526 5 years ago

My DI took about 5 minutes to boot today, I've no idea why. I couldn't give it my full attention as was busy with other stuff but I did see some text on the theatre screen. It looked like it was going to fail completely but booted successfully in the end. Also played fine. Anyone had this happen?

2 months later
#8104 4 years ago

I got a spare ramp flap/door from Jjp when mine broke off a few months ago but I've never fitted it, having it missing doesn't seem to affect the game at all and there's no sign of wear either.

2 weeks later
#8254 4 years ago

Any clue as to what will be new in 1.7? if it was just a bug fix release they wouldn't bother streaming it. Can't wait, mine has been getting hammered lately.

#8367 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

When doing the 1.60 full update, the progress shows on the quantum theater display, not the main display. I'm not sure why that is happening, but it's a PITA.
Rob

I think its just a case of which display was detected first.

#8370 4 years ago

I'm sad to say I've installed 1.71 ( had to install 1.6 first as never installed that due to reported phone screen lag ) and now I have the freaking lag!!. Some clips were still running in slow mo about 5 seconds after the voice had ended . Surely I'm not the only one? It seems to be at its worse when a mode is completed and the final voice clip of that mode is played.

Whats the best way to report this to JJP? through the support form on their website?

#8375 4 years ago

The phone screen lag seems worse when there's lots going on, multiball and a mode for example, like the cpu/mpu can't keep up with everything it's being asked to do.

#8378 4 years ago

I managed to catch a little phone lag on video. I've seen it much worse than in this clip though....

#8385 4 years ago

Will these issues be picked up by JJP from this thread or do we need to report to JJP somehow?

#8420 4 years ago

2.8 Celeron here . However, removing the BT dongle ( thanks Lermods! ) seems to have almost completely fixed my lag issue. I think there may be just a little bit of lag still at times but it doesn't stand out like it did prior to removing the dongle. I do feel a little bit annoyed that there are DI's out there with a faster cpu though . The main screen also seems to be displaying smoothly now too. Is it actually possible to replace the cpu with a faster one or is it a different socket/bios issues etc? anyone ever tried it on a jjp machine?

A ' disable bluetooth Dongle ' option in the menu would be nice now to get rid of the annoying boot error with it removed, no one actually uses it anyway!

#8426 4 years ago

One thing I don't really like about the new update is when a mode starts there's a pause after the phone clip plays before the ball is kicked into play. It's not a huge pause but I don't think there was a problem here before, the ball was kicked back into play immediately the voice clip finished. There seems to be a few other times it holds onto the ball just a little bit too long too, I haven't made a note of exactly when but I'm finding myself frequently thinking ' what are you waiting for? give me the ball back! '. Seems to be the opposite of polish to me.

Anyone else notice this?

Not to dwell too much on the negatives though, I'm really enjoying the new code. The Chaos light show is no longer seizure inducing. The new name entry tune is nice. Quantumn and Chaos play much better now. I notice there's a line on the news feed about chocolate bars being found with golden wrappers or something

#8516 4 years ago

It would be nice to hear from jjp on the slowdown/coils issue ( I personally haven't noticed the coils issue, and I'm a fussy f***** so I guess I don't have it ) but I do have to leave the dongle out to get almost synced phone video.

#8603 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Could use a daily lottery winner scoreboard

Really? I have daily scores turned off otherwise you're constantly putting your name in.

1 week later
#8723 4 years ago

About time JJP spoke up about the CPU/slowdown issue although if they acknowledge it I guess they'd have to do something about it ( or not! )

#8756 4 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

My monitor is starting to sag on the right side. What have people done to correct this?
Thanks

Loosen the 4 nuts on the back of the monitor holding it onto the arm bracket, re-position and re-tighten.

4 weeks later
#9035 4 years ago

That curved piece on top of the phone scoop should have been braced, I've had to bend mine back down 3 times now.

2 weeks later
#9141 4 years ago

Installed 1.73 on my machine with Celeron cpu, all lag gone even with the bluetooth dongle reconnected. Anyone else notice flippers seem weaker after the update? I had to up the power on mine.

3 weeks later
#9413 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

First million reached
First Bob trap broken..
Any advice [quoted image]

I got a replacement from jjp but have never fitted it, machine doesn't seem to suffer without it. I guess there's a tiny chance a ball rolling slowly up the left orbit could sit in the gap but it's never happened to me, and a ball search would probably free it if it did.

7 months later
#10577 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Raise the right back leg 3-4 turns and ball will fall to the left flipper.

I cringe every time I hear/read that! The idea of setting a machine up anything other than level just doesn't sit well with me at all!.

4 weeks later
#10745 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'll tell you what is super frustrating about my particular game: the phone scoop kick outs are absolutely random. Half the time they come out the way they're supposed to, and the other half the come out to the right and hit the right sling. Like how does one make this consistent?!

My guess is the ball is hitting the wireform that passes overhead because the scoop hood has bent up. This has happened to me twice, had to push the scoop back down. It's hard to pick up as the ball moves so fast but if it just touches the wireform it deflects it.

2 months later
#11048 3 years ago

I think those are neither, they look like JJP's own protectors that they fitted to early machines before making cliffy's available.

#11050 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Thanks.
I'll look into that SIM protector. Any suggestions cliffy vs many is for that location?

I have Cliffy's fitted to mine and I'm happy with them but no idea how they'd stand up to location play. Never tried mantis.

4 weeks later
#11282 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

loving this game! I do have some questions/minor issues
- maybe I’m going crazy but I feel like the right ramp doesn’t always register during modes though I know the orbit and wire form switched are working
- theatre, in test mode I can get it to fling around 100% of the time but it feels like some games it never does it while others it’s pretty consistent. At times it doesn’t look like it’s even attempting the fling so it makes me think it’s not supposed to. What % of specific items/animations do the fling around?
- about 50% of scoop outs from the phone hit the edge is the right sling, do yours always feed the right flipper perfectly?

In my opinion the right ramp switch is positioned too close to where the wireform meets the ramp, a really fast ball can get a little air and miss the switch. You can try adjusting the switch or turn flipper power down.
If the ball from the scoop is catching the slingshot, try bending the top of the scoop down. I believe it straightens over time ( it's not braced on the back )which leads to the ball catching the wireform overhead and getting deflected. That's what was happening on my machine anyway. You could also adjust the scoop power.

4 weeks later
#11502 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

If its not broken don't fix it.

Alternatively, if it is broke ( the ramp flap ) don't fix it!. Mine broke off 2 years ago, I have a replacement but have never fitted it, the machine doesn't suffer at all leaving it off.

#11506 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

On mine, with a broken ramp, it will hit the trap door a bit since its not fully flush and make the orbit clunky.

I guess you're trap door must be set slightly above the playfield.

1 year later
#13086 1 year ago

I just turned my Dialed In on and the main screen is out. This happened a few months ago, some connector re-seating got it working again ( may have been a co-incidence ). Tonight I can't get it back to life at all. Tested 12v at the DC power connector. Tried 2 other sources to it ( my laptop and Nvidia Shield TV ) via HDMI but nothing. Seems the thing is dead. Anyone had this before? is there an internal fuse within the monitor? Will I have to get a replacement from JJP or is the monitor available elsewhere?

#13093 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Contact Martha about that. Call or email - [email protected]
Tell her you miss LTG : )

I just switched it on again 12 hours later and it's working! There must be be an intermittent fault with the monitor. I don't know whether to be happy or annoyed, yes it's working ( now! ) but it could fail again at any time. I was about to take the DVI output to another monitor just to prove the machine itself is fine, I guess I'll do that next time but I'm sure it's the monitor as it didn't work at all with other sources fed to it.

#13097 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I just switched it on again 12 hours later and it's working! There must be be an intermittent fault with the monitor. I don't know whether to be happy or annoyed, yes it's working ( now! ) but it could fail again at any time. I was about to take the DVI output to another monitor just to prove the machine itself is fine, I guess I'll do that next time but I'm sure it's the monitor as it didn't work at all with other sources fed to it.

That didn't last long, yesterday it started playing up again. This time I connected the computers DVI output to another monitor via a DVI to HDMI adapter and it worked fine so it's definitely the monitor. I removed the monitor and took it apart, nothing obvious was noticed. Re-seated ribbon cables within the monitor and looked for loose connections/bad solder joints but nothing seen. There are 3 caps on the board although I'm not sure a 5 year old monitor should have failing caps, I might try replacing them anyway. Refitted it and it's still the same, sometimes works fine from boot, I even managed 4 games without issue. Turned off, then back on later and no screen again. I've asked my distro to get me a price from JJP ( I'm in the UK ), I'll ask local electronic repair shops or I may try changing the caps.

#13099 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

I find the connector, can’t remember if it’s DVI or HDMI a bit fiddly. Screen goes off as soon as I reseat the monitor. It’s a pain to get it working but once in situ it’s fine.

Mine is more of a power up thing not signal, if you turn it on with nothing connected to HDMI or DVI it should come on and say no signal. Mine doesn't even do that when it's not working, just dead.

2 weeks later
#13108 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

That didn't last long, yesterday it started playing up again. This time I connected the computers DVI output to another monitor via a DVI to HDMI adapter and it worked fine so it's definitely the monitor. I removed the monitor and took it apart, nothing obvious was noticed. Re-seated ribbon cables within the monitor and looked for loose connections/bad solder joints but nothing seen. There are 3 caps on the board although I'm not sure a 5 year old monitor should have failing caps, I might try replacing them anyway. Refitted it and it's still the same, sometimes works fine from boot, I even managed 4 games without issue. Turned off, then back on later and no screen again. I've asked my distro to get me a price from JJP ( I'm in the UK ), I'll ask local electronic repair shops or I may try changing the caps.

Following on from my last post, the monitor eventually stopped working altogether. I tried but failed to find a decent local repair shop willing to have a go at repairing it. It's 2 weeks since I asked my distro for a price from JJP but he thought it would have to be at least £300 or £400, I'd guess probably even more now. I took a chance and bought a 27" monitor off Amazon ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B4WHT2DL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and it works great. Of course mounting it was the main issue, I managed to use the original backplate with some extra brackets to make use of the VESA mount on the new monitor. Using the original backplate meant I could use the pivot arm and the side latches so all is good.

#13110 1 year ago
Quoted from ripit:

I would like to see a picture of that when mounted. Thinking outside the box. nice

Not pretty but functional. I'm sure someone could make something better.

IMG_20220923_143424 (resized).jpgIMG_20220923_143424 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#13119 1 year ago

Amazing game of Dialed in, well worth a watch ( warning...well over an hour! ) from the UK Open 2022 semi final match.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1607154875?t=08h08m10s

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=Kevlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.