IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevInBuffalo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

LE #323 in the house!!
Thanks so Much to Joe@ Pinballstar for your amazing service and follow through as always!!
Added an External Polk Sub and it really cranks out the sound!
Having trouble connecting the game with my I phone 6+. Is there instructions anywhere?
Game is amazing!!!
Wow!!!

I bought a Polk sub for mine too and am curious the best way to connect it to DI. I've added them to Bally/Williams and Stern games in the past by soldering a speaker cable to the cabinet speaker and running it out of the cabinet to the sub. Is that the way to go with DI too or is there a better way?

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I've never added an external sub before, would you mind linking the one you picked up?

The Polk PSW10 is kind of the go-to for external pinball subs. They've gone as low as ~$50 each, I grabbed another last week for $75 from Adorama: https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA

One of the best upgrades you can make for a pin IMO. Can't wait to hit some DI Big Bangs with that thing hooked up. And it's easy to keep for the next game if/when you sell or trade.

3 months later
#1224 6 years ago

Spoiler alert! Here's a look at Chaos in Quantum City, the new Dialed In mini-wizard mode:

#1229 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

How does it compare to showdown or Armageddon? I thought chaos was awesome with one the best lightshows ive ever seen. Ill probably never see the other wizard modes lol.

I haven't gotten to Showdown yet personally, but they all seem to be really cool but they get progressively better. So Showdown > Armageddon > Chaos

#1235 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Has anyone found a similarity with DI to the rules of Lawlor's RBION?
(Sim cards equal Ripleys letters, Disasters equal Continents, Showdown equals Atlantis, etc?)

I had a guest over the other day and he made that observation when I was showing him the game.

#1236 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think I'm gonna put my pursuit for a dialed in on hold after seeing this; or at the very least, until I play it again. Showdown, Armageddon, and it appears chaos, are all great modes - I've down showdown once and Armageddon twice. They're very creative, unique, and coded well. But, they're just making the game more and more linear and removing chunks of breadth. So now it would appear, a home owner, will be playing chaos too often making it a little too repetitive and even prolonging their quest to Armageddon.

I had a decent "Chaos" and played it for about two minutes in the video above. I don't consider that very prolonging. The nature of the mulitballs on this game keep them relatively short with the attacks coming in at the flippers and forcing you to keep the balls in play and not trapped up.

It's a nice addition to the game for those who won't make it to Armageddon/Showdown while not extending things much during the quest, IMO. And it breaks things up a little in the middle of working through all the modes.

#1261 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Is it just me or is anyone else itching to get there hands on 1.46 I wonder what the holdup is..

Nope

#1290 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just got my game in today, and having issues with the left wireform. Shot a quick video (pardon the crappy lighting) to show how the ball rolls to the bottom and then pops out rather than dropping down the hole.
Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions?
» YouTube video

I solved this by putting two Mezelmods slinshot protectors under the top screw on the left slingshot. It elevated the ramp enough that it slowed down and doesn't bounce out anymore. I also lowered the power of my right flipper by a few increments.

https://mezelmods.com/products/slingshot?variant=938045689

#1309 6 years ago

It's a full install. Instructions are right on the support page, under Downloads: http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

#1402 6 years ago

“Edit selfie label” puts custom text on the white part of the selfie photos on the screen. It’s not for high scores.

#1405 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Thanks for beating me to it Kevin.

Ha. Gotta be quick! I’ve been learning a lot about this game over the past few weeks

#1485 6 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Anyone own a Standard Edition? Or has anyone seen a video of one?
I'm curious what the light show looks like compared to the LE. Every video I've seen has been of the LE except for one, but the game is only in attract mode, there isn't any footage of it being played.
I know the Standard is missing the ramp lights and cityscape lights but I'm curious how much it darkens gameplay.

PinDaddy on Twitch has a SE. He's got a number of gameplay vids but here's a good one with a direct feed of the monitor:

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/176960379

1 week later
#1559 6 years ago

I have the felt on mine. Earlier owners reported cabinet damage from the legs without the felt that's why they started including them.

3 months later
#3024 6 years ago

Going live with a Dialed In stream at 8 Eastern (less than 30 mins from now): http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#3091 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Holy sh*t. First batch is sold out. Underestimated demand, apparently. He's still taking orders but expect about a week or so before shipment. Also, for anyone asking (myself included) - SIM card hole protector is in development. Shouldn't be more than a month out.

Mantis for the SIM is a must have IMO. Looking forward to that.

4 months later
#4761 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

GDPR has changed the rules on a lot of things in Europe including the use of photographs of people. If the player doesn’t know that their picture is going to be taken and perhaps used on the high score board, it may be a problem.

JJP is adding a camera disable feature in the next code update. There’s a big thread discussing this on Tilt Forums.

2 months later
#5464 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Yes and no..
JJP started off with making their own version of Cliffy's. Then Cliff made a bunch of his real protectors for JJP to install on new DI's.
Now JJP is back to making their own again on POTC.
Junky

Of note: the protectors on JJPOTC are “mantis style” protectors that sit inside the scoops, not the “cliffy style” that cover the outside.

#5493 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

However it DID work out pretty good for Imdn..

TNA too...

3 weeks later
#5982 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think kevinbuffalo is on the Google Group. Maybe he'll stream some of the new code.

Installed the code last night — I will stream some on Monday night for sure!

#6074 5 years ago

Will be streaming the new code tonight! 8 p.m. Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#6077 5 years ago

Here's a look at how to get Quantum Theater Multiball going:

Plus the full stream from last night if you want to check it all out. Got to QCMB a few times, saw the new light show in Chaos in Quantum City, played some phone games and even dug up a couple bugs for the team to fix up. It's in 2 parts thanks to a mid-stream power outage:

Part 1: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/332189461
Part 2: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/332227710

#6113 5 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

I swear this game is alive!
After the update ...For the entire weekend I was tormented with drains upon drains and bricked shots. Could not come close to a decent score or extra ball and had a lot of trouble starting modes. It seemed like there were magnets in the outlanes. Came tantalizingly close to Theatre Multiball but that was it.
Then I watch Kevin KevInBuffalo play last night and see he has similar issues at times...but nothing like my struggles..and he gets Theatre MB twice in a game.
So I have at it again today...but try to slow it down and really focus on control and trapping whenever possible, even sacrificing multicombos to get control.
..1st game came up one Drone Short and just shy of a High Score.
First ball on 2nd game was like Golf...what keeps you coming back.
6 Modes played, first 3 completed with 3 SIMs collected, Jacques Flounder Tidal Wave completed, two UA MBs ...AAAAAND Quantum Theatre Multiball!!!!!
Put up a new GC score for my machine.
What a blast and what a workout!!!!
As others have stated this game is a Masterpiece and I swear it’s alive!
The Code Update is Great!!!
That’s it I’m outa Here!!!!
[quoted image]

Right on man, great score!

#6203 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

A 10 inch Polk is more than sufficient
amazon.com link »
I also agree that a sub for every modern pin is almost requirement at this point, especially at that $99 price point. Completely worth it for DI as well. The bass drop when you complete one of the goals for QTMB is pretty awesome, and is a good audio indicator that you've completed something.

Big Bang is extra awesome with an external sub too. Thiel does it again!

#6263 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I purchased a kit from mezelmods. For only $26 they give you all the parts you need to reposition the signs and illuminate them. Two sided sticky tape is used to hold them down.
EDIT: You gotta have a power adaptor or a splitter to make it work. That's also available on their website.

Yep, this. The Mezel kit is good.

8 months later
#8273 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

If the stream doesn't go up on YT (not all Buffalo streams do), the archive of all live streams is available here: https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball/videos . You can watch it any time after it has begun and see the whole thing

^^^ what he said

If there's interest I'll get this up on YouTube though. See you guys tomorrow!

#8296 4 years ago

I'll get the vid up on YouTube tomorrow morning but in the meantime here's some new stuff:

Chaos in Quantum City Super Jackpot: https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball/clip/DarlingColdbloodedOysterWTRuck

New light show for finishing Emoji Overload: https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball/clip/CrazyThankfulDelicataSuperVinlin

The full stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/456603025

Fun stream tonight! Thanks to everyone who stopped by.

#8298 4 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

So, who here had stuttering issues on v1.60+ and wants to be the guinea pig?

I had them on the previous code, seems to have cleared up with this update.

#8307 4 years ago

The video is now up on YouTube for those who were asking for it:

#8309 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Beautiful work as always, Kevin, thank you

Much thanks, friend!

#8321 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I hope such a big update will be a full install and not only delta. I‘m still on 1.57 and don’t want to update three times just to get 1.70…

You would update twice. Full install to 1.60 then do the 1.70 delta on top of that.

#8346 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I’ve been having a lot of balls jump the left return guide when it’s coming back to the inlane — Is there a suggested fix to keep the balls from jumping out of the wireform?

JJP has a cover you can get to prevent that from happening. Submit a support ticket and you should get the hook up.

2 months later
#9096 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just a note on beta code v1.72, kevinbuffalo streamed this code over the weekend. I asked him about his hardware specs and it looks like he's running the 2.8 GHZ processor. From the little bit that I could see on the stream, it looks like the animations were running smoothly enough. Maybe Kevin can comment. I didn't see the major culprit (Acid Rain), but I'm hopeful that the animations are running smoothly.

Seems like the code smooths out the video nicely, the stream is here if anyone wants to see for themselves: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/484645830

#9105 4 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

The animations do look better. Alien Invasion looks much improved.
Maybe it’s my imagination but the animation themselves look a little more refined, almost more three dimensional
Kevin; looks like your Phone video very briefly went out at 21:52. It was still on on the stream window but off on the machine. I notice that happens every once in a while. If it happens often you might want to loosen the phone housing nuts up just a little, so the board has a little more room. I found that helps.

Good to know! Thanks, I’ll check it out.

#9109 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Kev
not sure how bad it was before on your pin... !? may be we just have to check some older vids from you
i think we're not the all same with this prob (even if its illogical in a way)
for sure, i still "feel" a little desynchro with yours (only watched 15 min, with meteor, earshake, sink holes), in fact same as on mine (let's admit, nothing really bad)
in my case, didnt think the 1.72 makes it better than 1.71
(PS : i'm still with the CELERON, only tweaked few things in the BIOS, and swapped the single bank RAM with 2 of the same type to get the dual channel)

Here's 1.70, same machine, if you want to compare:

2 years later
#12214 2 years ago
Quoted from BriFi:

For those who successfully installed the latest update - with the wi-fi dongle replacing the Bluetooth dongle on the USB extension cable by the coin door, where did you move the Bluetooth dongle to? I only see one available USB port on the motherboard I/O bracket inside the backbox. Is that where the Bluetooth dongle should go now? Also, before the latest update, was the only purpose of the Bluetooth dongle for the phone app that is now no longer supported?

There's an open USB port on the computer in the backbox, I plugged the Bluetooth in there and the WiFi dongle to the extension cable inside the coin door.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevInBuffalo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=KevInBuffalo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.