IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jason_Jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2962 6 years ago

*** Head Removal on DI: Has Anyone Attempted? ***

Hi.

I'm not presently a DI owner, but I would love to find a HUO example.

I wonder if any of you have ever taken the head entirely off the cabinet for the purpose of load in/out.

I have to get down a steep/windy stair case on the load in and it's really only possible if the head and cabinet go down separately. I did this with my last pin - a Stern SAM - and it was no big deal.

I realize there is a relatively large monitor in the head, but my hope was that the boards are surprisingly small and the connectors not so numerous as to make separation a dangerous challenge.

Truthfully - and perhaps sadly - whether or not I buy this title will depend on this very thing, as I'm not about to rebuild my stairwell to accommodate a folded pin.

Any insight/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#2965 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I can't comment on removing the head, however I can comment on the weight. It's HEAVY. <snip>
I guess my point is don't assume it's a no-brainer even if the head is removed. Would suck to go to all the trouble and then not succeed for other reasons...
snaroff

Thanks, Snaroff, for your input. Thanks, too, to Lloyd for his suggestion that I download the manual.

Moving an extra-heavy cabinet down a stair well will be a bear, for sure, but Jack himself mentions in his unboxing YouTube clip that the head is unusually heavy. So, if I can safely take the head off, perhaps the cabinet will weigh only slightly more than a Stern cabinet.

It's a daunting project, but hopefully I can learn more from manual. I'll look at JJP's site for that now.

Jason

#2966 6 years ago

*** Standard DI Owners: Do You Covet the "Premium Clear Coated Playfield" on the LE/CE? ***

I'm looking at the features that distinguish the models - Standard, LE, and CE.

Like so many others, I'm hoping to accept the sparseness of the Standard so that I might save some money, etc.

I can live without the Invisiglass, the LED's on the left ramp, and even the powder-coated armor, but the feature that seems essential is the "Premium Clear-Coated Playfield." I assume this feature is simply more coats of polyurethane, or am I mistaken?

To all you Standard owners out there: Do you find your PF lacking in terms of the layer of protection provided by the clear coat? Do you covet the "premium" clear coat on your friend's LE?

Thanks.

Jason

#2969 6 years ago
Quoted from chill:

I own a Standard and love it. I'm not sure if my clear coat is inferior to the LE and CE, but it's holding up fine. I added a different shooter rod, three of Mezelmods' mods, and Cliffy protectors. Looks and plays great. The Mezelmods add light to certain areas. I am glad with my decision to get one.
I can always save up and change the armor later, if I want. And it doesn't have to be blue or purple either. Maybe chrome or something wild.
I don't think there's a wrong choice among the models.
Good luck with whatever you decide. My son and I really dig this game.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Standards are perfectly fine if u dont care about the upgrades

Thank you, Big D and Chill, for your responses. It sounds like the "Premium-Coated" PF may be hard to detect, and that the standard PF doesn't wear particularly fast and is likely fine for thousands of plays. My hope is that even the standard PF is harder than those of Stern, which dimple so reliably.

If I contact JJP and get a real answer on that, I'll be sure to share it here.

Jason

#2973 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Yes, I have to put the pins in three pieces, when carrying them downstairs, so I removed also the DI's head. It's certainly doable, but there were quite a lot of connectors. Started to remind a WPC95-machine. In any case, one evening went to the exercise, just label every wire, so you should do ok with it.

Wow!

You've been busy, Nepi, taking all these pins apart! Good for you.

It sounds like DI's wiring/connectors from head to cabinet are perhaps busier and more numerous than those of a Stern SAM. Still, I'm going to take your encouragement, arm myself with a camera to take lots of pictures and markers to label connectors and just go for it.

Kiitos for your reply to my post.

Jason

1 year later
#8066 4 years ago

Phone Graphics Glitches: A Common Issue? A Common Fix?

I'm looking at a HUO DI for sale here in town and the seller reports that the phone's graphics are sometimes a little wonky. He used the word "delayed" and thought it could be sorted by addressing what he imagines is a simple bad connection. Is that wishful thinking? Is this more likely to be serious problem involving a board or perhaps the phone itself? Are the phones sometimes replaced under warranty when they misbehave like this? I have searched this thread for instances of the word "phone," but no post I've read thus far addresses this particular issue. Any insight would be much appreciated.

#8100 4 years ago

Armor/hinge Sets: Standard-body JJP Exchangeable with Standard-body Williams?

I would like to know if a stock JJP armor/hinge set can be exchanged for a standard-body Williams set.

I put this question to JJP Tech LTG and he thought the answer was yes, but he'd never tried it and couldn't be sure. What say you?

(If you're curious to know why I would want to do this, it has to do with how difficult it would be to refinish the stock pieces if I wanted a custom color as powder coat is a hell to remove.)

Thanks.

#8101 4 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Held off long enough! Absolutely love this game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa! That looks like a dream in a box! Congrats! Can I ask from which distro you bought it? Just curious.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 22.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jason_Jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=Jason_Jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.