IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DarthSinex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2169 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

For about the last week I've been having a bit of an issue with my phone screen. It started since updating to 1.52, but I don't know if that is just a coincidence. I think I saw this discussed somewhere before, but I couldn't find the thread.
Occasionally my phone screen looks washed out - like the brightness or contrast or something is cranked up too high. Sometimes a reboot of the machine fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. Once, I opened the backbox while the game was on, removed the VGA connected, and reconnected and that fixed it (obviously I don't want to have to do this all the time). I also notice that when the game is booting up and I see the "Auto config" screen on the phone screen, that always looks fine, but it still sometimes has the washed out/messed up coloration look when the boot is finished.
Any thoughts/ideas? Do I need to contact JJP on this one?
Thanks!

This exact same thing is happening on my machine. Every few games the phone screen becomes oversaturated so you can hardly see the animations and the fonts and icons become hard to read. Occasionally the screen has ended up looking like it's in negative with really overpowering colour and impossible to read. Then a few days ago, screen went totally off mid game. Reboot always seems to fix at least initially so trying to imagine how that would be compatible with a loose cable? Never had anything other than 1.52 installed, so not sure if that's the cause. The effect is similar to that which you see when VGA cable is partially connected to a PowerPoint beamer although cables are firmly attached. What i would say is there seems to be a sudden rash of these issues cropping up in this forum and pinball info in UK all at the same time. Would dodgy screens all fail at once or is it software updates causing it?

3 weeks later
#2458 6 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I am now having theater throw problems too.
When I got my Dialed In 1.5 weeks ago, I adjusted the theater magnet and thought I had the magnet set correctly. It seemed to throw around very well after my initial adjustment to -75. Now, 1.5 weeks later, I was noticing that it grabbed the ball, pulsed and actually threw it downward a bit. (Yes, this was in something like package drop that is supposed to whip it around). I then readjusted with the magnet test and got it working. Then in gameplay, it acted up again. I then tried so many settings during the magnet test with no consistency that the magnet actually stopped working completely for 5 or so minutes. I can only assume that it overheated.
I now have it working that it slowly throws it around but I have no faith that it will work again tomorrow. I am almost afraid to touch the settings. This is really bizarre. Could it be that my magnet is overheating and affecting the performance with gameplay? I have a call into Frank but I am completely puzzled as to why I would see such varied and inconsistent behavior.
I was told in another thread it could be due to the Mylar still over the magnet and I need to cut it out. I looked at it and it does appear to be bubbling and cracking a bit around the magnet but not terribly. Could that really be causing this kind of inconsistency?
If so, what is the best way to remove. I read that taking magnet out from underneath playfield is the easiest.
Other than that I just have cosmetic issues. Game came with shattered lightning bolt, disconnected BOB sign (plastic connectors broken) and scratched glass right above BOB. JJP is taking care of those.
Love the game and SIM is a pain but we have all made it with a direct upper flipper shot. But definitely not a consistent and reputable performance.

That's interesting. My glass also came scratched directly over the area where the lightning bolts move left and right. Near exact diagonal track of the bolts and scratches on the underside of the glass. What was the outcome of your conversations with jjp on this?

1 year later
#6998 5 years ago

My phone screen goes blank occasionally mid game. Led's around the screen work still, but screen never recovers. If I reboot all is fine and sometimes I can play for hours with no re-occurrence. Anyone encountered this and how did you fix it?

#7029 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Good point. I almost can't believe that a batch of phone hardware is faulty. Did you get the whole phone as replacement or only a pcb? Nevertheless I'll stay at 1.57 as I do not see big improvements in the latest software and my system seems to be rock solid at the moment...
By the way: is there somebody here where the theater monitor is also affected or is the phone monitor only?

I have the phone screen blanking issue. Regularly happens that mid game, the phone screen goes into an animation and then blanks out and never recovers. Only solution is a reboot, which always perfectly fixes the issue, so can't understand how the phone is solely to blame rather than mix of software and hardware. Couple of things I can add.

The Theatre never has any problems, just the phone.
The VGA cable is well connected and tightly adjusted at both the phone and the board.

However, I regularly do see messages coming up on the phone that say VGA. This is similar to what I would experience if a projector was searching for a source when connected to a laptop. I would think that this happens intermittently before it eventually blanks out.

The other thing is that the icons on my phone are off the screen at the bottom . So although I can see the disasters clearly, the calc and phone icons at the bottom are only partly on the screen. Not sure if this is normal behaviour?

#7059 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

I'm not sure it matters. Many people have replaced their phones recently and they're still having issues. I guess it matters if it's something other than the phone causing the issue. I thought others had used separate monitors to display the phone output without any issues while their phone were failing so it would point to the phone. I just can believe that a cable would be the problem. Maybe on a small number, but cables aren't exactly high tech equipment. My phone was replaced and it happens much less frequently, but it still can happen.

That is exactly my situation. Had a phone that was turning green or yellow and becoming totally saturated. The phone was replaced by JOB for a different (reconditioned) one. Now the phone simply goes dark mid game. Would say that the new one is better but needing to re-boot to have a phone working is not really acceptable

#7076 5 years ago

I've ordered a new VGA cable today. In going to try this and rule this out. Can't see how a VGA cable could short out a phone as previous responder said, but a cheap cable might have poor signal or have interference? So will try and report back.

#7124 5 years ago

Has anyone got a link to code version 1.57? My phone screen is not outputting the correct resolution and cropping the apps, wondering whether this is consequence of the software update

#7127 5 years ago

Perfect. Thank you

6 months later
#8746 4 years ago

So, updated the CPU to an i5 -4670K, no lag, no coil issues and then this happened first game. Coincidence?

2019-08-14 14.29.30 (resized).jpg2019-08-14 14.29.30 (resized).jpg2019-08-14 15.20.42 (resized).jpg2019-08-14 15.20.42 (resized).jpg2019-08-14 15.21.07 (resized).jpg2019-08-14 15.21.07 (resized).jpg2019-08-14 15.32.01 (resized).jpg2019-08-14 15.32.01 (resized).jpg2019-08-14 15.32.03 (resized).jpg2019-08-14 15.32.03 (resized).jpg
#8749 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Is the same CPU cooling fan adequate?
Nice score.

Same fan. The one that came with the new i5 processor in the box was identical

#8750 4 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Dang, I need one of those processors.
Out of curiosity, do you have SIM card rollover set?

Yes, although it doesn't help much I find it frustrating without

1 week later
#8871 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Which processor/RAM? I’m close to pulling the trigger on this - just want to make sure I get something compatible.

I5 4670k. Kept the same fan. Bought on Ebay for £40. 5 minute job to fix. Solved all issues.

20190814_142930 (resized).jpg20190814_142930 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DarthSinex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=DarthSinex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.