IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DANGERTERROR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#610 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Not with the playfield protector

Cut a few centimeters of weather stripping foam and put a square of it there behind the flipper. That will prevent balls from hanging there. I've had zero problems since I did that.

3 months later
#2390 6 years ago

Why is the ball suddenly hanging up/hitting the QED Guy lightning bolt in my game? It hits it when the guy is all the way to the right while rolling down the upper wireform. Any ideas/fixes for that? I swear this is new...

#2393 6 years ago

Oh wow! Ok I will check that out.

4 weeks later
#2896 6 years ago

Did JJP issue new “2.0” metal hole protectors?

#2910 6 years ago

Really smart to work with Cliffy! The licensing of Williams parts is the best thing about JJP for me as an op.

They are like the Borg of pinball.

3 weeks later
#3132 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Same thing happened to me, Call JJP for the replacement. They will send you the new trap door, but you will have to remove the hinge from the old door and attach it to the new one. ** It was a pain in the ass to put it in **

This has happened to me twice! I just replaced it a few weeks ago and it’s happened again. The spring steel just snaps. Once the steel lodged in the subway and caused crazy opto issues. I was wondering if it had to do with the pf protector? Do other steel snappers have that? Maybe it raises the flap too high or something? It looks fine... That mech is the worst to service. Grease and all.

#3133 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I should have posted a pic in the first place. Here is what I have going on.

I haven’t seen any documentation of the problem I encountered with, and solution to, lightning bolt hang ups so I’ll post here. As the previous poster hinted at the figure can lean forward loosely on the track. To clear the ball hangups I had to:

-Remove motor mech area backplate and tighten nylock nuts on the bottom of the figure’s mounting area on the track.
-Tighten security/star screws (why oh why security screws in this one place?) in the back of the figure holding the bolt
-Move wireform to right side of pf using mounting bolts on slingshot and right side rail
-Tip: Carefully place bolt in hands at the worst possible angle to test ball traps, leaning it forward, then you’ll know it will never hang up

#3134 6 years ago

What are the tricks to aligning flippers perfectly in DI? Without guide holes in the pf I’ve been using trial and error, it’s not ideal and I’ve never got the feel perfect after several rebuilds (popular location machine).

#3148 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Straightedge against the inlane.

This seems a little steep... Should I remove the rubber before doing that?

2 months later
#4302 5 years ago

I have a DI on location and the last three times I’ve been there it’s reset on someone. Yesterday it was during a multiball. Any one encounter this issue and fix it? If this was a WPC game I’d be all over it

2 months later
#5195 5 years ago

Argh I’m still getting reports of DI resetting on location. I can’t reproduce.

I’ve reseated a lot of connectors but I’m not sure which to focus on.

Would next steps be replacing the CPU? Or SDD? Anyone else fix resets?

#5203 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Is it on a dedicated outlet? I know of a machine that did the same and the issue was too many machines connected to a single breaker.

Interesting! I doubt it is as it’s in a single bank of 40 games along one wall. I will check that out.

2 months later
#6187 5 years ago

Just wanted to say I have this same issue, the hooks have never lined up and I have to slam the pf around to get it to settle. I’ll be following your search for a solution

Quoted from Nokoro:

Hmmm. The hooks seem ok, but the metal seat they sit in may be slightly off on the side near the plunger. I'm not sure how to remove or take care of that.
I came up with a lazy man's solution and added a small amount of weather stripping to lift that side just slightly (see last picture). So far it works like a charm. Anything wrong with this approach? Thanks for all the help so far!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

#6236 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

adjustable post thats fine. making a new hole to move a post, lame.

If you are draining in the outlanes a bunch but are good at saving SDTM shots, increase the pitch of your game to reduce side to side ball movement. Floaty games drain. It’s counterintuitive.

#6260 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Has anyone installed a playfield protector themselves ? How much work is it ? Special things to keep an eye on ? How does it go with cliffys ? Do they remain installed and the protector over it or do you need to remove them and over the protector?

I have. Removing ramps is most of it. Took maybe 80 minutes. Easy operation. You can fix the upper flipper ball hangups with a piece of weather strip foam. Never had the other ball hang up. My game is on location and in tournaments, including a major PAPA circuit tourney. No problems. Recommend it for operators. Home use seems unnecessary. Cliffys fo under the protector. Happy accidental fix: We keep breaking trap door ramp flaps but the pf protector is the same width as the door that lays above the pf so without the flap the ball still sails right over the door gap, it’s seemless. Still replacing it though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DANGERTERROR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=DANGERTERROR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.