IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Buellxb12r.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9525 4 years ago

Just got a di over the weekend. Does anyone have a relatively inexpensive way to brighten up the playfield with some spotlights or something? I've done it on older games using matrix kits, but jjp obviously doesn't have the normal gi lights to tap into. Appreciate the help

#9527 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really? Dile is super bright imo and the best lit jjp pin by far and brighter than many sterns. Throw a few spotlights on the slings and call it a day

I have jjp pirates and it's lit way better. Unless I'm missing something the di is extremely dark. I had guests over for the weekend and they also asked why it was so dark. I intend on putting a few spotlights on but I am not familiar with how to hook them up for a jjp machine as I said in my post. Is there some sort of spotlight kit for jjp machines?

#9531 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

You didn't say new or used. I'm wondering if a previous owner had turned down the lighting in the settings. My DI is nice and bright

It's used, the only led setting I see is for insert brightness. I turned it to high, but it's still dark specifically in the middle of the playfield. Pirates has spotlights to light the middle and it makes a big difference. That's what I'm trying to achieve.

20191119_082752 (resized).jpg20191119_082752 (resized).jpg20191119_082810 (resized).jpg20191119_082810 (resized).jpg
#9534 4 years ago

Fair enough, I just figured a spotlight or two would make the art pop in the middle of the playfield like it does in pirates. If there's an easy way to add spotlights to a jjp machine, I'd appreciate any input.

#9538 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I always restore my games to default factory settings every time I bring a game home. You never know what kind of wonky settings the previous owners used. I never thought my DI was too dark either. I have an LE with the ramp lights though. I would restore factory settings first.
Beyond that, I would make sure there are no lights that are out, and if they are, I would check connectors under the pf.

I always reset factory settings as well. No lights are out, you can see my comparison picture between pirates and di, there's basically no lighting in the middle of the playfield. That's why I was hoping to add spotlights to the slings or something. It's not like it's unplayable, just wanted to make the art pop. I think it's too pretty to keep it dark.

#9543 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I know that people wont agree with me and hate PinStadium, but of all my JJP pins I only put them on DI as I thought that center area was a little dark also. The PinStadiums make that art pop and I like the UV flash going off when you hit the QED dude. DI doesn't have RGB GI lights, so having the brighter lights (that you can dim to your own liking) didn't take away from the light show. When the GI turns off, so do the pinstadium lights. I wouldn't want them on my other JJP titles though, so don't beat me up for that.
Even though I suggested that, look into the sling spots that lermods has for Wonka and WOZ. I might get a set of those for Wonka as that center area is a little dark at times and his set brightens and dims with the GI on that pin. If that looks promising, contact him to see if he can come up with a cover for on top of those spots that is DI theme appropriate.

I had pinstadium on my mmr because it came with it from a trade. They were pretty awesome, but I just can't see paying that much money for them. If they were more reasonably priced I'd be all for them. I'll try the lighting from lermods and see how that is. Or I'll rig up two spotlights tapping into the coin door inserts. Thanks for the input.

#9561 4 years ago

I wanted to try adding spotlights by using the matrix system from comet. I basically just tapped into the 12v coin door insert lights. I'm going to do a second spotlight on the other sling, but I'm happy with how the first turned out already. It makes the center field art pop so much better.

20191122_143930 (resized).jpg20191122_143930 (resized).jpg
#9563 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is it always on tho? If so that will take away from the lightshows

It does stay lit just like pirates spotlights stay lit during gameplay. I don't think it takes away from any light shows, only improves the art in my opinion.

#9565 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pretty sure my potc go off and on with the gi just like my wonka ones...

Something must be wrong with my pirates spotlights then. I just played several games and had different multiballs going and different modes, they never went off.

#9567 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I'll check but I'm pretty sure some of them go off and on . Maybe someone else can chime in also.

OK anyone know? It concerns me if something is wrong with my spotlights on pirates.

2 weeks later
#9617 4 years ago

I traded for a DI with a playfield protector already installed. The ball gets stuck on the QED guy slot quite often because of the added depth from the protector. Does anyone have a suggestion to help alleviate the ball getting stuck there so often? I've obviously thought about taking the playfield protector off, it's just a lot of work. I also realize you can just wait for a ball search to be performed which does put the ball back in play.

1 month later
#9840 4 years ago

Need a little help with my phone scoop. In test menu, the phone scoop is stuck closed. I took off the optos and it still shows closed. Happened during a game and I don't know what's causing it. Maybe the optos are bad?

#9844 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - toss a ball in. Do they register on the screen ? If not have they slipped out of position ? Came unplugged below the playfield nearby or at opto driver board ?
LTG : )

Ball does not register when put in scoop. Checked all the plugs, no luck. All other switches in line on test mode work fine, the scoop is the only issue.

#9847 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You could unplug the opto connector from the opto driver spot and try again, though if it worked it would register as something else. Then you'd know for sure if the opto pair is bad or not.

Thanks, I tried that. For some reason taking the optos off and lining them up made them work properly. So I figured it was an alignment issue. Putting them back though, didn't work again. So I reversed them and all the sudden it worked. I truly don't know why it made them work. But I'm happy it's working haha.

2 weeks later
#9888 4 years ago

Curious if anyone has created a decent decal for a pingulp for this game? I put decals on all my pingulps for each of my games but can't find anything particular I like for DI from doing a google search for "drone decal", or "ufo", etc. I don't want more emogi decals lol.

#9892 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Take a pic of something you like on the machine (or screen), then have it printed somewhere on peel and stick vinyl. ?

Thanks, that may be the best route to take. I was hoping someone had already made decals for DI. All the other pins I have owned have had some type of decal already available for easy purchase. I'm really surprised DI doesn't have anything readily available or something a member has already created.

#9894 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Modfather has a pincup for it that I bought that has a Decal. Pinside freezes on the pic upload that I have for it though.

Thanks, I have seen those. I can't justify paying almost $50 for their pingulps and I personally think they look way too generic. They overprice all their pingulps for some reason compared to much better looking ones like tilt graphics sells.

3 weeks later
#10094 4 years ago

Phone just randomly stopped showing video, any recommendations? When I start the machine it shows "vga" but then doesn't come on. I made sure the connection was OK.

#10102 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In the backbox swap the phone VGA connector with the theater one and see if the phone picture then goes to the theater.

I swapped the vga cables for the theater and the phone shows up on the theater properly. I even tried a different vga cable for the phone but it's still just black. As I stated though, it does show "vga" and a blue screen when booting. But nothing after that. It won't show the theater on the phone display either.

#10105 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Display is probably good. Board behind it has the issue. They are sold as a pair.

Damn, I've never replaced so many parts on newer pinball machines as I have my potc and di jersey jacks. Guess I'll have to try to get in touch with support, not sure if they are currently open or not

1 year later
#12449 2 years ago

Phone scoop eject just started having an issue that didn't exist before.

I have the latest code, game boots up, then the coil starts shooting rapidly about 10 times, then it stops. This also happens when closing the coin door which activates the power switches. During gameplay it works fine.

Any advice is appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Buellxb12r.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=Buellxb12r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.