IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bigbossfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1106 6 years ago

Finally got to join the club yesterday. Mixed feelings on this. Love the pin, absolutely love the pin. But out of box, some issues. Split cab, damage to the decals on the head and coin door. My distributor is going to contact JJP today to determine the way ahead.

cab (resized).jpgcab (resized).jpg

20171025_173748 (resized).jpg20171025_173748 (resized).jpg

20171025_171850 (resized).jpg20171025_171850 (resized).jpg

#1111 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Was your shipping box messed up? Had to be shipping issues. I can't see JJP shipping that out.

Box was absolutely fine. And it wasn't tipped or dropped during shipping as that arrow thing they put on the box that will show if this happened was fine.

Quoted from pinstadium:

I am sure they will make it right. Their customer service is outstanding always.

Yes, I have absolutely no doubt that JJP will make it right. Just kind of a disappointment.

#1113 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

JJP forgot to pull the tab on the Tip & Tell indicator on my DILE, so even if it WAS dropped, I would never know.

Understood, but with the split being at the front of the machine, I would suspect a split would happen at the back of the machine if it was dropped.

Either way, as others have mentioned, I have no doubt/hope that JJP will make good on the issues.

#1135 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

My cabinet is also "split" like that in the bottom left side on the front but it's covered by the leg so I just ignored it. It's clearly glued that way from the factory and isn't a stress crack. Game is otherwise flawless.

I agree, the cab seems very solid. I was concerned that the split could/would increase over time with nudging. And yes, absolutely correct, it is covered by the leg.

#1139 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Hopefully you can just set it up and enjoy it. That would be ideal and sounds like it will be fine. That would be torture not being able to play it or to have any downtime.

Oh believe me.....nothing was gonna stop me from setting it up. I ordered DI back in April.....wasn't waiting another day! LOL

#1252 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone having issue with the ball being ejected to the shooter lane ? Got my Friday most of the time it takes 3 tries to get the ball ejected, I tried to boost power in settings, Did nothing.
Also having ball hang up issues at switch in front of skill shot plunger. If ball goes in slowly it just stops at switch . Talked to Frank at tech, He never heard of the issue. Its happened about a handful of times

I was having the issue with the ball getting hung up on the switch as well. Easy fix. Raised the playfield, two screws, pull the switch out and bent the actuator a bit. Haven't had an issue since.

#1280 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nevermind....found it

Can someone explain where to find the Director's Cut?? I've looked in the manual, went through settings on the pin...can't seem to find. Thanks!

#1333 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Here is how to get into the Settings menu to install the "Director's Cut". I hope this helps!

Thanks Scott!

2 weeks later
#1554 6 years ago

Seeing how the cab comes with the metal protectors on it, do most of you also use the felt protectors that are provided for the legs?? I didn't use mine because I found they stuck out from the leg too much. Having said this, if its going to protect the cab from any damage then I may have to reconsider. Thoughts, comments??

2 weeks later
#1830 6 years ago

LTG

Think my DI is having major issues. So played ball one. No problem. Ball 2, ball doesn't launch from the trough. Turn off the pin open the coin door wiggle the connectors on the trough make sure they are nice and tight. No issues there. Turn on the pin, get that there is an error. Open the coin door, press enter, no errors are showing. OK. Close the coin door and start a game. Ball launches immediately from the trough, auto launched into the game, pin is going crazy. I turned it off right away.

Turned it back on, and had a huge list of errors. Exited out of the menu, launched a game, and exact same thing. I should mention, that when I had the pin turned on, all the lights stayed on (i.e., no attract mode) and QED dude kept moving. I'm thinking this is something major, but then again, I could be wrong. Any pinsiders help me out??

Error (resized).jpgError (resized).jpg

#1832 6 years ago

Not sure what you mean by stuck closed. When I went into the switch test, they didn't register.

#1835 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In Tests - Switches - Matrixed, are they showing closed ? If so, can you pull on them and show a change to open ? Most of those look like leaf blade switches that could need adjusting.
If they are physically closed, they won't register. If they aren't physically closed at each switch, then something bad happened elsewhere.
LTG : )

No. Physically fine.

#1879 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

ltg
Think my DI is having major issues. So played ball one. No problem. Ball 2, ball doesn't launch from the trough. Turn off the pin open the coin door wiggle the connectors on the trough make sure they are nice and tight. No issues there. Turn on the pin, get that there is an error. Open the coin door, press enter, no errors are showing. OK. Close the coin door and start a game. Ball launches immediately from the trough, auto launched into the game, pin is going crazy. I turned it off right away.
Turned it back on, and had a huge list of errors. Exited out of the menu, launched a game, and exact same thing. I should mention, that when I had the pin turned on, all the lights stayed on (i.e., no attract mode) and QED dude kept moving. I'm thinking this is something major, but then again, I could be wrong. Any pinsiders help me out??

Spent an hour on the phone with tech at JJP. No fix via trouble-shooting. Sending a replacement IO board.

1 week later
#2019 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

ltg

Well got the replacement IO Board and USB wire....same shit. I so wanted this to be my best NIB experience, instead it's been the worst. My DILE has sat in my pin room now useless as a brick, for just about as long as I owned it. (Played great for the first 3 weeks...now been down for 2.5 weeks).

Has anyone else had huge issues like I'm having or am I the only lucky bastard??

#2022 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

have you changed usb ports on the motherboard? it is not unheard of in consumer level motherboards for 1 or more usb ports to suddenly stop responding.

Yes we did that. But looks like Frank (JJP Support) and I figured out the problem. Just spent over an hour on the phone with him trouble-shooting.

Wasn't the IO board at all. Don't know how we ended up checking connectors around the ball trough but when I wiggled the wires machine started acting funky. Aha moment. So, there is the one connector coming off the ball trough, it's about 5 inches long, then plugs into another connector. Apparently JJP has been having issues with this one. Frank said that the errors I was having masked that this could be the root cause of it.

All this to say, pin is working for now, but they're sending me out a replacement connector. Hopefully no one else runs into this issue, but if they do....now you know the cause!

2 weeks later
#2294 6 years ago

Installing my cliffy's and changing out the rubbers at the same time. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the mini playfield. I'm sure it's something simple and I'll feel like an idiot when someone here tells me.

Anyway, how do I remove the mini-playfield. I just looked through the user manual, but couldn't find anything helpful.

Thanks!

#2296 6 years ago

Thanks libtech ....knew it'd be something simple!

#2301 6 years ago

You guys rock. Thanks so much.

6 months later
#5001 5 years ago

Major problem. Thought I'd post here before contacting JJP. A few days ago, I noticed that when the pin was turned on (not being played), the machine would shut down on its own (yes with the power switch on). Figured maybe a short somewhere. Lifted the playfield looking for any disconnected wires, but found nothing. Waited a couple of minutes powered it back on, and all seemed well. Played a game, no issues. Walked away and noticed about 5 minutes later, same thing, pin had no lights, nothing on the display etc etc. Turned the switch off. Tried turning it back on. When I turn it on, the light in the backbox flashes on for a second, then nothing. I'm thinking maybe a blown motherboard??

3 months later
#6167 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

No the machine doesn´t start at all, nothing happens when switching on. Have checked the wall socket and it works. This might sound strange, but I believe the fuse might have looked like in the picture before this happened, I just didn´t change it as the game worked just fine. So my guess is that it is something else that´s wrong. What happened was that I started up the machine and after a couple of seconds it just shut down and won´t start anymore - zero power.

JayLar Have you spoken with Frank at JJP? I had the same issue, no power going to the game. Turned out the power supply crapped out...and let me tell ya, it was a bitch swapping it out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bigbossfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tu=Bigbossfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.