IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 273.
#4801 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Maybe too much beer

Maybe not enough...

#4802 5 years ago

Just reached CQC for the first time and collected 5 sim cards. That game was a rush.

#4803 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I take back a little bit what I said about the BOB modes not being lucrative. I've gotten some decent points on the lottery ticket mode when I concentrate on it. And, I've gotten some decent points on the emoji mode, though I don't understand how the scoring works for that mode and whether I am better to let the emojis accumulate and then hit a shot or just hit shots quickly. I do wish they would up the value of the selfie mode. I love frenzy modes, and the one in WOZ can lead to some crazy points. Even when I've played the selfie mode in DI with a MB going, I never get that many points.
I will also say that some of these side objectives can really add to your bonus. I think a lot of us ignore them because they don't seem immediately gratifying in terms of points. But, I've had some pretty high bonuses that results from the number of side objectives I've done along the way. I do wish it was easier to increase your bonus multiplier. I never get mine about 2x because you just have to go through so many BOB modes to increase it. It would be nice if there was something else in the game (beside the random award) that also allowed you to increase the multiplier.

You can increase the bonus × with the skill shot /super skill shot also.

#4804 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You can increase the bonus × with the skill shot /super skill shot also.

Yes, you’re right. But I’m not that great at getting the skill shot.

#4805 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just reached CQC for the first time and collected 5 sim cards. That game was a rush.

Only gotten to CQC once and agree - it's really cool!

#4806 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I have the add this to the conversation...
My kids have seen MANY games come and go and will play most games once or twice. They have been playing DI almost every day on their own accord since we have had it here. Don't know if it's because of the emojis or selfie mode but they can't get enough of the game. Congrats again to Pat and Jack who knows what will make impressions and quarters.
Something else to note in this is my kids two other favorite games are Funhouse and Addams Family (which they call the "Rudy" game and the "Thing" game, respectively). Mr. Lawlor knows his shit!

This is the kind of pin I need. Every pin I've owned (check my owned in the past list) has been played for a day or two by my kids and they just give up on it. If Dialed In could bring them to playing more with me I'd be happy. I just feel like on this title I'm a bit priced out of the market. I've been trying to justify a standard version but that is even pricey. Would I lose out too much on a standard vs LE that I'd be unhappy with it?

#4807 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

This is the kind of pin I need. Every pin I've owned (check my owned in the past list) has been played for a day or two by my kids and they just give up on it. If Dialed In could bring them to playing more with me I'd be happy. I just feel like on this title I'm a bit priced out of the market. I've been trying to justify a standard version but that is even pricey. Would I lose out too much on a standard vs LE that I'd be unhappy with it?

The difference between the standard and the LE is just bling. All features and game play are the same. You just miss the powder coated rails, invisiglass, leds on the ramp, and a few other cosmetic features. I believe even the standard has a shaker motor.

Also, not sure if you are aware of this feature, but on both you can control the flippers with an app on your phone. I don't really like using it, but I've had kids who think its really cool.

#4808 5 years ago

Do you guys find that the slings in this game a very dangerous, and throw the ball into the outlanes fairly frequently? Only other game I have that plays like this is TWD.

Everything else seems a little more forgiving on the slings. I tried turning the power down a bit, and it definitely improves, but just trying to get an idea if the game is generally like that?

#4809 5 years ago

This is the kind of pin I need. Every pin I've owned (check my owned in the past list) has been played for a day or two by my kids and they just give up on it. If Dialed In could bring them to playing more with me I'd be happy.

Depending on their age and skill level, I'm not sure #DI will bring them in either. Looking at your past pins, it doesn't look like you've had too many "intro" pins. Those that make it easy for new players to "get it" when it comes to pinball and developing a feel for shots/modes. Things I look for in accessible pins: open fields, fan-like layouts and a really obvious gimmick to aim for. I might suggest games like: #AFM, #MM, #FH, Whirlwind, Comet, Dr. Dude as some easier to access pins. The last couple of them are not bad deals these days.

#4810 5 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

Depending on their age and skill level, I'm not sure #DI will bring them in either. Looking at your past pins, it doesn't look like you've had too many "intro" pins. Those that make it easy for new players to "get it" when it comes to pinball and developing a feel for shots/modes. Things I look for in accessible pins: open fields, fan-like layouts and a really obvious gimmick to aim for. I might suggest games like: #AFM, #MM, #FH, Whirlwind, Comet, Dr. Dude as some easier to access pins. The last couple of them are not bad deals these days.

The kids dig it because of the stuff they relate to.Cell phone selfies emojis is the bait and then then game hooks them!

#4811 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The kids dig it because of the stuff they relate to.Cell phone selfies emojis is the bait and then then game hooks them!

Again, I think this is somewhat age dependent. My teenage daughters (18 & 15) looked at the emoji and selfie modes, rolled their eyes and walked away. Someone else mentioned that it's like an old person's view of what young people like... I think they got that vibe too. Now my 5-year old loved the selfies and thought the emoji's were cute, but found the game much too hard. She actually loves Ghostbusters, especially moving the Slimer toy.

#4812 5 years ago

Depending on the age of your kids, a P3 might be a better investment. The system already has games designed specifically for kids and there are features such as team play and player profiles (allowing for different difficulty levels for each player) which makes it easier for families to play together. It's still expensive up front but becomes more financially viable as you buy more games for the system.

#4813 5 years ago

I'd get Dialed In,only if you like it.I almost bought a WOZ machine, because my wife said it looked pretty,when I showed her a Youtube video of the game. I thought it would be nice to get a game we both could play together.
I only played a couple of games on a WOZ,that had a screwed up weak left flipper.It was so bad,that I couldn't tell if I liked the game or not.
I ended up buying a DI, because I really liked playing the game,and after a week of owning DI,my wife says,"Pinballs not my thing".Well at least she gave it a shot.Plus playing Pinball, also aggravated her left wrist,which she's been having trouble with.

Lesson learned,I'm glad I didn't gamble and buy a machine,hoping that my wife would play pinball with me.

#4814 5 years ago

DI Standard with Robert Stone's powder coat on the armor. Jazzing it up a little bit.

IMG_2598 (resized).JPGIMG_2598 (resized).JPG
#4815 5 years ago

Had teens and younger relatives over and I have a strong collection of pins. DI was by far the most played and the idea of daily high scores with selfie is very well liked.

#4816 5 years ago

I have 6 year old boy and a 10 year old girl.

By 19 miles, TNA is their number one favorite game.

Yah it’s brutal to is. To them it’s easy to understand, they get to play co-op, and it looks and sounds amazing.

Really the kids and their friends will play TNA hours and ignore the three other pins.

#4817 5 years ago

If anyone would like to trade their Dialed In for my Total Nuclear Annihilation, PM me. You can check out my add in the marketplace for details.

#4818 5 years ago

Backhanding the left ramp....how often are you successful at making it all the way?
I may be 50/50 maybe fewer. The ball runs out of steam just at the top. I often find myself yelling at it. GOOOOOOO BALLLL GOOOOO

#4819 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do you guys find that the slings in this game a very dangerous, and throw the ball into the outlanes fairly frequently? Only other game I have that plays like this is TWD.
Everything else seems a little more forgiving on the slings. I tried turning the power down a bit, and it definitely improves, but just trying to get an idea if the game is generally like that?

Are you complaining that the slings are doing exactly what they were invented to do all those years ago?

#4820 5 years ago

I am really diggin’ that Mezel Mods Pop Bumper Building - seen in Post 4814. Can somebody describe how it lights up and when ? I understand it lights up with the pops, but does it also light up at other times ? Does the color change along with the rest of the lighting? It has lights inside and on top?

I have never been much in to mods, especially ones which need electricity. I have read that some of the problems with Stern Spike have been associated with people adding mods. Is that a danger with JJP ? or do these games have amps to spare for such mods?

#4821 5 years ago

Adding mods in moderation, and properly, will not cause issues with your game. Same with Spike games. We’ve never had a mod we sold cause a problem with a game.

Quoted from branlon8:

I am really diggin’ that Mezel Mods Pop Bumper Building - seen in Post 4814. Can somebody describe how it lights up and when ? I understand it lights up with the pops, but does it also light up at other times ? Does the color change along with the rest of the lighting? It has lights inside and on top?
I have never been much in to mods, especially ones which need electricity. I have read that some of the problems with Stern Spike have been associated with people adding mods. Is that a danger with JJP ? or do these games have amps to spare for such mods?

#4822 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Here you can see it on my LE in attract mode. It lights up when the pop bumpers are lit. A must have for the Standard edition. On my LE it is a little distracting that it's out of sync/color with the light show.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9h7csfmneq3i210/2018-05-31%2022.10.58.mp4?dl=0

#4823 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Backhanding the left ramp....how often are you successful at making it all the way?
I may be 50/50 maybe fewer. The ball runs out of steam just at the top. I often find myself yelling at it. GOOOOOOO BALLLL GOOOOO

I don't think I can backhand the left ramp at all. I didn't know it was possible.

#4824 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I don't think I can backhand the left ramp at all. I didn't know it was possible.

Definitely more than possible. On mine I can backhand left ramp more often than not. Also love backhanding phone scoop.

#4825 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Definitely more than possible. On mine I can backhand left ramp more often than not. Also love backhanding phone scoop.

Ok. I’ll have to try it. I backhand the scoop all the time. I find it easier than hitting it with the left flipper.

#4826 5 years ago

While playing my game tonight,the ball want into the trap door,and then in dropped into the cabinet.This happened two times tonight.
The diagnosis,said the trap door was okay,but when I hit the test to open the door,it did not respond.
Does anyone have any idea of what the problem could be?
I played a couple of more games,and everything worked okay,but I still think there's a problem with the trap door.
Thanks in advance .

#4827 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Does anyone have any idea of what the problem could be?

Yup.

Turn game off. Lift playfield up a little and hold with right hand. With left hand grab the trap door big coil/bracket near the lower part of them and give a gentle tug towards the front of the game.

Done.

Quoted from ralphs007:

but when I hit the test to open the door,it did not respond.

Did we have the high power interlock switch on the left inside of coin door pulled out to enable high power ?

LTG : )

#4828 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yup.
Turn game off. Lift playfield up a little and hold with right hand. With left hand grab the trap door big coil/bracket near the lower part of them and give a gentle tug towards the front of the game.
Done.

Did we have the high power interlock switch on the left inside of coin door pulled out to enable high power ?

I located the bracket,but I don't feel any kind of play in it.
Thanks for the tip on the interlock switch

IMG_20180717_005317422 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20180717_005317422 (1) (resized).jpg
#4829 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I located the bracket,but I don't feel any kind of play in it.

I didn't say there was any play in it. You bend it a tiny bit yanking it forward.

#4830 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you mean email, email him back. At least once a day until he responds.

So this is about my WOZ (I have a Dialed In also) but related to JJP tech support. My CPU isn’t booting up, and I put a ticket in on 23 June. Steve emailed me on the 24th with some things to try. I emailed him back on the 24th, 27th, 4th July and 12th July with no response.
Does anyone know what’s going on? Emailing him daily sounds a bit pushy but on the other hand I’ve had a dead machine for a month now...

#4831 5 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

So this is about my WOZ (I have a Dialed In also) but related to JJP tech support. My CPU isn’t booting up, and I put a ticket in on 23 June. Steve emailed me on the 24th with some things to try. I emailed him back on the 24th, 27th, 4th July and 12th July with no response.
Does anyone know what’s going on? Emailing him daily sounds a bit pushy but on the other hand I’ve had a dead machine for a month now...

Have you tried Wayne, the importer. He is very good.

#4832 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I didn't say there was any play in it. You bend it a tiny bit yanking it forward.

Okay,so right where my finger is pointing,is where I grab it and bend it forward?
Thanks in advance

#4833 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The hole that the ball is dropping through,is right below my sharpie pointer.The tab I'm pointing at,looks like if I bend it out a little,it would stop the ball from fitting into the hole,and stop the ball from falling into the cabinet.
Is this what your telling me to bend?
It also looks like, if the bracket was unscrewed from the bottom of the PF, and dropped a quarter of an inch,it would close the hole,preventing the ball from dropping through.I'm not sure it this would affect the arm,that opens and closes the trap door.
I'd just like to make sure I have the right solution,before I attempt any repair.
IMG_20180717_105449669 (resized).jpgIMG_20180717_105449669 (resized).jpg

#4834 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Okay,so right where my finger is pointing,is where I grab it and bend it forward?

Yes, tug it towards the front of the game. One tug, maybe two usually does it.

#4835 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes, tug it towards the front of the game. One tug, maybe two usually does it.

A few more tugs needed as you age though.

#4837 5 years ago

Today I moved/separated the Crazy Bob signs (along with backlighting) and added Pinblades.
I'm stoked!

20180717_123614 (resized).jpg20180717_123614 (resized).jpg20180717_123632 (resized).jpg20180717_123632 (resized).jpg
#4838 5 years ago

I like what you did with the signs!
Man this is a great looking game.

#4839 5 years ago

Thanks man. I can't take credit. Mezel sells the kit.
Here's a pic with them lit.
The station is lit up underneath blue also but it's pretty dim compared to the other lighting.

20180717_132031 (resized).jpg20180717_132031 (resized).jpg
#4840 5 years ago

Quoted from imagamejunky:Today I moved/separated the Crazy Bob signs (along with backlighting) and added Pinblades.
I'm stoked!

Do you have any problems,with the Pinblades,being too close to the PF,when you raise the playing field up? I really like the looks of the Pinblades,but I was afraid,I'd scratch them up, since I'm clumsy like that.

#4841 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Do you have any problems,with the Pinblades,being too close to the PF,when you raise the playing field up? I really like the looks of the Pinblades,but I was afraid,I'd scratch them up, since I'm clumsy like that.

All blades are at risk of this - you have to be very careful. Some cabinets are worse than others at scraping/being off center. My Monster Bash always touches the blades, my SS never does.

#4842 5 years ago

You just need to take your time with it. There is enough play on either side of the playfield that it will not scratch the decals

#4843 5 years ago

Pingraffix blade skins amazing!

IMG_1753 (resized).JPGIMG_1753 (resized).JPGIMG_1754 (resized).JPGIMG_1754 (resized).JPG
#4844 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

The station is lit up underneath blue also but it's pretty dim compared to the other lighting.

It's gonna look really sweet, when you put your new topper on it.

#4845 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

You have done all of the mods I'm considering.those sideblades are really cool.
Post more pics when you get topper.DI is the best and worth the mods

#4846 5 years ago

Just noticed on my moving target (QED guy),that the left Led is not working. I don't know how long it's been out,and I only noticed it was out,when my buddy was playing the game.Normally,I don't have time to look that close,while I'm playing.
I checked the connections,and the wires look okay.
Any idea what could be wrong?
Thanks in advance
Ralph

#4847 5 years ago

Does anyone know when it will give the printed DI Manual ?

#4848 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

Does anyone know when it will give the printed DI Manual ?

Only Jack at this point. He recently sent a picture of himself holding one and sitting in front of boxes of the manuals to a buddy, but after that . . .crickets.

#4849 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Just noticed on my moving target (QED guy),that the left Led is not working.
Ralph

Check the connector behind QED guy. Mine was loose and the LEDs were not lighting. Use the test menu to turn the LEDs on and wiggle some wires and the LED. If all fails you may need to check the LED with an ohm meter.

#4850 5 years ago
Quoted from kharri:

Check the connector behind QED guy. Mine was loose and the LEDs were not lighting. Use the test menu to turn the LEDs on and wiggle some wires and the LED. If all fails you may need to check the LED with an ohm meter.

Thanks,I'll check when I get home from playing golf.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/97?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.