IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 273.
#4751 5 years ago
Quoted from kharri:

Hopefully they will add more to the selfie mode too. Would like to save some of them

like an option to turn the camera off!

#4752 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

like an option to turn the camera off!

already exists.

#4753 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

already exists.

I meant on a per player basis.

So you stick your coin into the machine and it prompts you.

Here in Europe the camera presents many potential legal issues without that option (although I've only seen one on location!)

Neil.

#4754 5 years ago

Anyone know how to test the drones? I hear the sound effects but hardly ever notice them spinning......

#4755 5 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Anyone know how to test the drones?

Tests - Coils - On Manual -#46, #47, #48 - hit the start button to spin them. No need to pull out high power interlock switch.

LTG : )

#4756 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I meant on a per player basis.
So you stick your coin into the machine and it prompts you.
Here in Europe the camera presents many potential legal issues without that option (although I've only seen one on location!)
Neil.

Europe has as much if not more video surveillance as most other first world countries... You're concerned about a pinball machine?

#4757 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Europe has as much if not more video surveillance as most other first world countries... You're concerned about a pinball machine?

GDPR has changed the rules on a lot of things in Europe including the use of photographs of people. If the player doesn’t know that their picture is going to be taken and perhaps used on the high score board, it may be a problem.

#4758 5 years ago

Got my Dialed In today...... LOVE IT.

However, there is an issue with it sitting idle and making this loud static noise. I went into the settings to fix it but nothing I did would help.

Video:

Any ideas?

#4759 5 years ago

Call JJP and get an isolation transformer. Simple, plugs right it.

LTG : )

#4760 5 years ago

Wow..... uhh..... that was a fast response. ok, will do!

#4761 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

GDPR has changed the rules on a lot of things in Europe including the use of photographs of people. If the player doesn’t know that their picture is going to be taken and perhaps used on the high score board, it may be a problem.

JJP is adding a camera disable feature in the next code update. There’s a big thread discussing this on Tilt Forums.

#4762 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

051763bab5df045ddca24e1c0502d7d26cc6307c (resized).jpg051763bab5df045ddca24e1c0502d7d26cc6307c (resized).jpg
#4763 5 years ago

Well, that should do it then.

#4764 5 years ago

Ok I’m looking for a new pin I have all the other Jjp pins. And yes Lloyd I can actually play this one it’s here in kc thx to the 403 club
. But still need info. How deep is the code ?and how complete is it

Thanks all
Bart

#4765 5 years ago

Played this game at button mash and not sure about it. Played a couple hours and while it had very far out gadgets and endless features to unlock, I just didn’t seem addicted to play one more game. Maybe I’m just too old school

#4766 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Ok I’m looking for a new pin I have all the other Jjp pins. And yes Lloyd I can actually play this one it’s here in kc thx to the 403 club
. But still need info. How deep is the code ?and how complete is it
Thanks all
Bart

I highly recommend it for home. Code is pretty deep IMO. It's already polished and feels complete. There is new code coming soon that will add even more to it also. I say get one!

#4767 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Code is pretty deep IMO.

The code in this game is not deep. It's typical Pat Lawlor, which unfortunately is the same exact formula he's used for 25 years: Do thing, start mode, complete mode, with multiball sideshow. TAF and DI are practically the same rules.

TAF = Hit bear kick ramp to light mode
DI = Hit QED guy to light mode

TAF = Hit chair to start mode
DI = Hit phone to start mode

TAF = Complete all modes to start Tour the Mansion
DI = Complete all modes to start LITZ....er, Armageddon

DI adds in the SIM cards to extend the difficulty and longitivity of the game. But difficulty and deep code are not the same thing. Deep code? TSPP, Walking Dead, Iron Maiden, even Metallica is much deeper.

Full disclosure: I own DILE. But I recommend buying used if you do, because the game has not held its value over the year or so it's been in production.

#4768 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

The code in this game is not deep. It's typical Pat Lawlor, which unfortunately is the same exact formula he's used for 25 years: Do thing, start mode, complete mode, with multiball sideshow. TAF and DI are practically the same rules.
DI adds in the SIM cards to extend the difficulty and longitivity of the game. But difficulty and deep code are not the same thing. Deep code? TSPP, Walking Dead, Iron Maiden, even Metallica.
Full disclosure: I own DILE. But I recommend buying used if you do, because the game has not held its value over the year or so it's been in production.

A lot of games are like that, tspp, lotr, etc. shoot krusty loop, shoot garage door, shoot couch, start mode. Start all modes to get to alien invasion with some MBs sprinkled around. Rinse and repeat. Lotr not much different. These are considered two of the deepest games ever made.

Very few, if any, nib games hold their value in first few years, but Ive had a lot of fun playing mine over the past year.

#4769 5 years ago

I see your points mrgregb123.
I guess for me because there's a lot to do (many modes with required combo shots, many different multiballs) and because getting those damn sim cards is such a challenge, I feel that the coding is pretty deep.
I completely agree that TSPP and TWD are deep and complex. Especially TWD. The best coded game IMO.

But MET? It's a good game and it's fun. I own one. But it's not deep.... Repeatedly hitting the same target over and over and over....

I think maybe the phrase "deep coding" can be interpreted differently by different people.

#4770 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

DI adds in the SIM cards to extend the difficulty and longitivity of the game. But difficulty and deep code are not the same thing. Deep code? TSPP, Walking Dead, Iron Maiden, even Metallica.

I am dying to know what you consider a deep game, if this is not an example of one?!

#4771 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I am dying to know what you consider a deep game, if this is not an example of one?!

He said already.

Simpsons Pinball Party
Walking Dead
Iron Maiden
Metallica

#4772 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

But MET? It's a good game and it's fun. I own one. But it's not deep

Let me elaborate on MET for a moment, then you may understand my definition better.....

DI - Activate modes, complete them, get SIM cards - which is really the ONLY way to get very high scores, via the multiplier. There's a multiball but scoring is not high for the work involved.

Metallica - Collect 4 different elements, then complete Crank It Up modes for high scoring. Every Crank It Up has about 5 levels you can complete - extremely difficult but fun. Complete final Crank It Up for add-a-ball style mode with jackpot shooting and super high scores. Also has Seek and Destroy mode by completing hurry ups, which can be very lucrative. Also has Blackened mode by completing guitar picks, which can be quite lucrative. Also has 4 different multiballs, two can be stacked at a time leading to higher jackpots and increased gains towards Crank It Up.

I consider a deep game one that is a) Very difficult to master all aspects, but fun along the way. b) Has multiple ways to score large amounts of points. DI simply does not have this. It's modes and SIM cards, that's it.

#4773 5 years ago

Can someone share a photo of bear trap door cover?

#4774 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

For a contemporary comparison (they were released not far apart) Houdini is WAY deeper than Dialed In. Way.

#4775 5 years ago

Wow! Sorry I got this going. But thanks for everyone’s opinion. It helps so much.
Bart

#4776 5 years ago

How can you talk about deep rule sets and not have WOZ at or near the top of the list?

#4777 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

DI adds in the SIM cards to extend the difficulty and longitivity of the game. But difficulty and deep code are not the same thing. Deep code? TSPP, Walking Dead, Iron Maiden, even Metallica is much deeper.

You are grossly oversimplifying DI. Is it as deep as TSPP or WOZ? No.

But there is much more going on there than TAF.
TAF only has 4 modes, the rest of the mansion modes are just awards and not modes at all.

Not to mention Tour the Mansion is nothing more than playing the same modes over again.

DI has a wizard and mini wizard mode.

The Crazy Bob modes (albeit quite simple) on DI have about as much depth as all the mansion mode/awards on TAF.

I could go on but saying Dialed In is comparable to TAF in depth is just laughable.

#4778 5 years ago

People are going to have different definitions of "deep". DI, in my opinion, is as deep as any of the other pins. There are 9 disaster modes or so to play, 3 wizard modes, one main multiball, 3 side multiballs (soon to be 4 with the new code release), 3 crazy Bob objectives, and 4 theatre objectives. It is well balanced so, with the exception of the wizard modes, you have a chance at seeing all of these features, just not in the same game unless you are a really good player. You play through the modes linearly, but they are random at the start, so each game does feel a bit different. The main objective of collecting SIM cards also adds to the whole experience.

However, it is not a game like WOZ which is all about planning and stacking to maximize your points. There are more strategic decisions to make in WOZ, and you play it completely differently. For example, you are not really rewarded for stacking in DI, but you have to stack in WOZ to get the most points. I would characterize them both as equally deep, just very different in terms of rules and objectives. Both are good. Some will like one rule set; and others will like the other type of rule set.

People should play it and see if they like it. They shouldn't worry if the code is deep. There is plenty to do; it just depends upon whether you like doing it.

Added over 6 years ago:

EDIT: 11 modes, not 9.

#4779 5 years ago

Hello DI fans!

I've only gotten to play the game a few times, but I recently had the chance to illustrate some cool Dialed In! artwork for Pintastic New England 2018. Gabe D'Annunzio got permission from JJP to use their game for a limited edition 3-color screen print poster and the reception was very positive (even from Jack himself). I ended up making a full color version (as seen here) for additional posters, t-shirts, pint glasses, banners and more. It was fun to put my own spin on the characters and see the art on all of our merchandise. Just thought it might be cool to share with fans and owners of the game here. Thanks!

-Joel

Dialed_In_LE_v16.jpgDialed_In_LE_v16.jpgIMG_5069 (resized).JPGIMG_5069 (resized).JPGIMG_5096 (resized).JPGIMG_5096 (resized).JPGIMG_5198 (resized).JPGIMG_5198 (resized).JPG

#4780 5 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

Hello DI fans!
I've only gotten to play the game a few times, but I recently had the chance to create some cool Dialed In! artwork for Pintastic New England 2018. Jersey Jack gave us permission to use their game for a limited edition 3-color screen print poster and the reception was very positive (even from Jack himself). I ended up making a full color version (as seen here) for additional posters, t-shirts, pint glasses, banners and more. It was fun to put my own spin on the characters and see the art on all of our merchandise. Just thought it might be cool to share with fans and owners of the game here. Thanks!
-Joel

Looks great. Take the pintastic logo off and continue to sell them. I'd buy some stuff.

#4781 5 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

Hello DI fans!
I've only gotten to play the game a few times, but I recently had the chance to illustrate some cool Dialed In! artwork for Pintastic New England 2018. Gabe D'Annunzio got permission from JJP to use their game for a limited edition 3-color screen print poster and the reception was very positive (even from Jack himself). I ended up making a full color version (as seen here) for additional posters, t-shirts, pint glasses, banners and more. It was fun to put my own spin on the characters and see the art on all of our merchandise. Just thought it might be cool to share with fans and owners of the game here. Thanks!
-Joel

Where can I get one of those pint glasses?

#4782 5 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

Hello DI fans!
-Joel

I picked up a T shirt at Pintastic. I wear it with pride!

#4783 5 years ago

We picked up glasses, shirts and the poster, great work!

Quoted from Number41:

Hello DI fans!
-Joel

#4784 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I recommend buying used if you do, because the game has not held its value over the year or so it's been in production.

I did buy used, but just about any used pin should be cheaper than a nib (warranty etc.) the used has to be cheaper for it to sell.

This is not like TNA which is not easily bought new because of slow production so TNA used may seem to keep value more.

Had some relatives kids over and they had access to all my pins and they all liked DI the best.

#4785 5 years ago

As for deepness that's interesting for me to talk about, the top100 list shows both deep and shallow pins at the top.

AFM (shallow) is top pin.

I felt like XMLE was quite deep but not as satisfying as shallow like Tron or IM.

I have *deep* pins TWD, Woz, Tspp and sold LotR money for DI, I loved LotR, but I love DI more. I love deep pins and less deep pins. I don't think DI is especially deep and not especially shallow but to me seems above average deepness, has a lot to do.

I have SM and feel DI is deeper.

Only thing I'd like some different (extra) Bob modes.

#4786 5 years ago

So have you guys made the game easier? Moved the outlane posts etc? I'm considering it because the game is so hard IMO. Also going to have a big party tomorrow and think the guests would appreciate the game more if it's not hard as nails.

#4787 5 years ago

DI makes me feel incompetent on a regular basis. The outlanes were never changed from the delivery status and they are fairly open. I’ve thought about making them smaller, but something keeps me from doing this. Maybe it’s the hope I’ll master these darn outlanes.

I was thinking about deep code yes or no a few weeks ago when I read in the Whitewater ratings one person said it was deep and three ratings further someone said it was shallow. I think Whitewater is fairly deep.

There is a lot going on in DI, but it bugs me a little that going for modes seems to be the only strategy which brings big points. Everything else you can pretty much ignore without peril. So is DI deep ? I don’t know.

With modern hardware I figure it would be possible to make code as deep or as complicated as you want. If you can do it why not, as long as the early game play is fun and exciting. I guess we’ll leave it up to each of us to decide the definitions of deep or complex.

#4788 5 years ago

Personally I don’t like pinballs where I know that I‘ll never will reach the wizard mode. That frustrate me and takes the fun out of the machine. I think di has a good mix, not easy but makeable. The Lightshow is Second to none and it has a fantastic flow.

For me the best machine that was build over the last years !

Great game

#4789 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

There is a lot going on in DI, but it bugs me a little that going for modes seems to be the only strategy which brings big points. Everything else you can pretty much ignore without peril.

This is true. It would be nice if the Bob modes and theatre modes were more lucrative so there was an incentive to play them. They’re still fun, but I agree that most of the time I ignore them.

#4790 5 years ago

At least some of the BOB modes award you the chance to get another SIM card. For that reason I'll focus on a couple of those while playing. This furthers your chance to make it to Showdown. I still ignore the Drones Gone Wild mode though.

#4791 5 years ago

I love DI but wouldn’t mind seeing some score tweets to make it more interesting to play the various side quests.

#4792 5 years ago

Collected 3 SIM cards yesterday! Most ever so far

#4793 5 years ago

There are a few more venues to get Sim cards, I am copying this from Snaroff in the following thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-rules-sim-cards-quick-multi-ball-frequency:

SIM Cards are lit by:

1: Completing Disaster Modes
2: Completing Requirements of "Quick" Multi-balls
- Drones Gone Wild QMB (3 Super Jackpots to light SIM Card)
- High Voltage QMB (15 High Voltage hits to light SIM Card)
- Monkey Wrench QMB (3 shots past Betty's wrench to light SIM Card)
3: Drone Mystery Award to light SIM Card

#4794 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

At least some of the BOB modes award you the chance to get another SIM card. For that reason I'll focus on a couple of those while playing. This furthers your chance to make it to Showdown. I still ignore the Drones Gone Wild mode though.

Yes, you're right. I wasn't thinking of the BOB multiballs when I posted. I actually really like those MBs, and there is a useful reward for completing them. They are short and have simple but creative rules centered around one objective. I agree though that Drones Gone Wild is the outlier. I find that one very difficult to complete.

#4795 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Looks great. Take the pintastic logo off and continue to sell them. I'd buy some stuff.

Sorry this merchandise is licensed to Pintastic from JJP so you got to deal with our awesome logo lol. Shoot me a PM if your interested in any of this cool stuff while supplies last.

#4796 5 years ago

I still really like DI but I have to agree, the BOB modes and multiballs are mostly a waste of time.

If anything, they get in the way when a mode is running, making it harder to finish the only thing that actually scores points in the game. Like QED moving back and forth blocking the ball during some of them, or the mechanic blocking the ball, etc. For what, 7,000 points? Things are far too heavily weighted towards modes so I actively avoid anything else.

Also, the multiballs are extremely unsatisfying due to the unforgiving ball save times. I suppose the answer is "change the defaults". Maybe I will.

#4797 5 years ago

Di is plenty deep to keep most players satisfied for a long time. I have had mine for over a year now with a few thousand plays. Most modes beat is 9 and most sims collected is 4 or 5. Not every pin needs a long journey and di is about perfect for home use imo. Also prices have held particularly well on the le for so many made and still being made. Is they game for everyone ....probably not but for many people its a top game.

#4798 5 years ago

I have the add this to the conversation...
My kids have seen MANY games come and go and will play most games once or twice. They have been playing DI almost every day on their own accord since we have had it here. Don't know if it's because of the emojis or selfie mode but they can't get enough of the game. Congrats again to Pat and Jack who knows what will make impressions and quarters.

Something else to note in this is my kids two other favorite games are Funhouse and Addams Family (which they call the "Rudy" game and the "Thing" game, respectively). Mr. Lawlor knows his shit!

#4799 5 years ago

I take back a little bit what I said about the BOB modes not being lucrative. I've gotten some decent points on the lottery ticket mode when I concentrate on it. And, I've gotten some decent points on the emoji mode, though I don't understand how the scoring works for that mode and whether I am better to let the emojis accumulate and then hit a shot or just hit shots quickly. I do wish they would up the value of the selfie mode. I love frenzy modes, and the one in WOZ can lead to some crazy points. Even when I've played the selfie mode in DI with a MB going, I never get that many points.

I will also say that some of these side objectives can really add to your bonus. I think a lot of us ignore them because they don't seem immediately gratifying in terms of points. But, I've had some pretty high bonuses that results from the number of side objectives I've done along the way. I do wish it was easier to increase your bonus multiplier. I never get mine about 2x because you just have to go through so many BOB modes to increase it. It would be nice if there was something else in the game (beside the random award) that also allowed you to increase the multiplier.

#4800 5 years ago

Had my party yesterday and my DILE was very popular. I had set the outlane posts to easiest setting but it strangely didn't seem to help people get better scores. Maybe too much beer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/96?hl=kenswift and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.