IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 273.
#4701 5 years ago

I put a ticket in 2 weeks ago. So far no response.

#4702 5 years ago

I’ve tried tickets too and it never works. Just call them. They should take the ticket system off their websites site cause I think they ignore it.

#4703 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’ve tried tickets too and it never works. Just call them. They should take the ticket system off their websites site cause I think they ignore it.

They don’t ignore it. I’ve gotten very good and prompt advice through it. It can be hit or miss at times, so a call is always wise if they don’t respond. It sounds like Frank is out for a bit and Paul supposedly has left, so they may be a little short staffed at the moment. They always follow through though. It may just take a reminder or two.

#4704 5 years ago

So who could call them for me? I will provide the mail that Steve sent to me, serial number...
Thanks if so can help me.

#4705 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I will provide the mail that Steve sent to me,

If you mean email, email him back. At least once a day until he responds.

LTG : )

#4706 5 years ago

The service team is excellent at JJP. They have seamlessly resolved all my past queries.
Paul was awesome and will definitely be missed; but I also found Frank to be very accessible & helpful.
I found that phoning was typically the quickest, however the team was also good at follow up by email as well.

#4707 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Since when? I just worked with Paul on June 20th.

He just told me yesterday

#4708 5 years ago

The guy who has answered me was Steve. No response since 3 weeks.
I’m outside US (I hope it is not working against me) and sincerely i don’t speak English enough well to call the support service ( in fact it is horrible).
So I just ask that someone answers me and gives me update.

Maybe Steve remembers that freedom fries thing they had going....

#4709 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

He just told me yesterday

He didn't go to deeproot too, did he?

#4710 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Yes they can. I believe it is in the coils menu. That is how I determined two of mine were defective. Also try plugging the defective drone into one of the harnesses that is deemed working. That will help isolate whether the wiring harness or drone is defective.

Thanks, can anyone confirm/point me in the right direction?

#4711 5 years ago

Another geeky physics thing I noticed: Quantum City's motto is "We're probably here. . . . And so are you."

#4712 5 years ago

I believe that when you get the ball into the shooter lane, and it auto plunges, it counts as a right ramp shot. I think this is because the ball hits the switch right at the end of the shooter ramp and then completes the path all the way to the wire form. I noticed this when I completed the volcano mode without successfully making a single right ramp shot. I was in MB, and the ball save was on when I drained a few times. Each drain led to an auto plunge which counted as a right ramp shot.

I'm pretty sure I noticed this at other times as well.

Anyway, I thought I would pass it along in case others hadn't noticed. It could be a strategy used to complete some of the harder modes. Start MB when you need the right ramp and let the balls drain.

I also wonder if I put my auto plunger on higher strength whether it would shoot the ball hard enough to miss that first switch in the right lane and thus not count as a complete shot . . . .

#4713 5 years ago

I have had a quick answer at the beginning of the month. I must have a new trapdoor but they were in inventory so he explained me that would take a while. I am asking for update. No reply.
I think each guy must stay at his own place. Maybe I will email jack but it is not his job, there is a support service for these questions.
Thanks buddy for the advice

You can also get some pretty quick answers by joining the JJP google group. Lots of JJPers on that and many (including Jack) often jump in with answers.

#4714 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can also get some pretty quick answers by joining the JJP google group. Lots of JJPers on that and many (including Jack) often jump in with answers.

Still no answer. I wrote to jack this morning. Maybe I would try google group.
I’m just the case#2468. Don’t know how many they sold but it seems everybody get an issue with his game.

#4715 5 years ago

Still no answer. I wrote to jack this morning. Maybe I would try google group.
I’m just the case#2468. Don’t know how many they sold but it seems everybody get an issue with his game.

It's private so you have to ask Jen to get in. Email her and request access [email protected]

#4716 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's private so you have to ask Jen to get in. Email her and request access [email protected]

She is his daughter if I’m not wrong?

#4717 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fast reply from Jack. Many thanks. I hope that will speed up my request.

« I’m sorry about that Laurent, I have copied Frank, we will get you what you need -

Merci,

Jack »

#4718 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Another geeky physics thing I noticed: Quantum City's motto is "We're probably here. . . . And so are you."

for pinball physicist: the guy of the singularity disaster is called "Professor Fermion" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermion

#4719 5 years ago

I am still experiencing some problems with the Bob trap door opto. I get the "ball locked" callout even if I haven't shot the ball into the trap door. (It seems as if it maybe is getting triggered by light, like the QED-guy flashing, but I'm not sure.) Is there a way to make it less sensitive?

#4720 5 years ago

Finally got to Armageddon last night after falling a mode or a shot or two short all week. The lighting on this game is just insane.

#4721 5 years ago

Would anyone be so kind to take a few pictures of their ball trough connections, including the soldering to the eject coil?

I'm getting an error telling me to check all connections to my ball trough. Currently my ball trough is continuously firing off balls while playing a game.

Thanks for the help!

#4722 5 years ago

Probably had my best ball last night. 2.1 million, completed 5 SIMs and collected all, picked up my extra ball, and had 28/35 combos for the next extra ball.

Ball drained, and I figured with 3 (potentially 4) balls remaining, it was going to be my Showdown game... Yeah right!

That's when pinball happened! DRAIN, DRAIN, DRAIN! Ended game at 2.6 million and a photo of myself in disbelief!

I can handle the crappy pinball luck, but one of the drains came from the theatre catching and dropping right between the flippers. It happens pretty often, and no setting change seems to fix it. I'm perfectly level side to side as confirmed by three digital levels!

Aside from the super cheap theatre drains, this game is one of the best ever. I never get bored of playing it! Definitely a top 10 game!

#4723 5 years ago

Hi,
I have seen some posts about the camera... Mine does not do a good job in "recognising" my face while playing. I did experiment with the camera settings but it did not help much. I admit my gameroom is dark with colored ambient lights. When I lean forward, closer to the backbox, face recognition works fine. But when I lean back to a normal player position, the system start to recognise my shirt or neck as "face" too (or nothing at all). The complete camera image in settings is actually very zoomed out, so that ofcourse makes my face small compared to the complete image. So I guess that face recognition would work better if the initial camera image would be more zoomed in, closer to the player, so that the face is covering a larger part of the image. However, I cannot seem to find a way to zoom in. Any ideas? Or is it just something we should live with?
Thanks

#4724 5 years ago
Quoted from pintris:

Hi,
I have seen some posts about the camera... Mine does not do a good job in "recognising" my face while playing. I did experiment with the camera settings but it did not help much. I admit my gameroom is dark with colored ambient lights. When I lean forward, closer to the backbox, face recognition works fine. But when I lean back to a normal player position, the system start to recognise my shirt or neck as "face" too (or nothing at all). The complete camera image in settings is actually very zoomed out, so that ofcourse makes my face small compared to the complete image. So I guess that face recognition would work better if the initial camera image would be more zoomed in, closer to the player, so that the face is covering a larger part of the image. However, I cannot seem to find a way to zoom in. Any ideas? Or is it just something we should live with?
Thanks

This is handled automatically by the software. If you have lights behind you it will interfere with the facial recognition tech. You may just need to increase the ambient light

#4725 5 years ago

Bumping for my trough request. Could any of you kind DI owners take a few minutes to snap pics of your ball trough connections, including the soldering to the eject coil?

Thank you in advance!

#4726 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Bumping for my trough request. Could any of you kind DI owners take a few minutes to snap pics of your ball trough connections, including the soldering to the eject coil?
Thank you in advance!

The eject coil has orange/green on the left and two orange on the right, couldn't get my camera to focus better. PM me if you need something more specific.

IMG_1955a (resized).jpgIMG_1955a (resized).jpgIMG_1957a (resized).jpgIMG_1957a (resized).jpgIMG_1958a (resized).jpgIMG_1958a (resized).jpgIMG_1959a (resized).jpgIMG_1959a (resized).jpg
#4727 5 years ago

Thank you for the pictures! Everything looks correct to me.

I might have to give LTG (The Professor ) a call when he opens up at noon for further troubleshooting.

#4728 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Thank you for the pictures! Everything looks correct to me.
I might have to give ltg (The Professor ) a call when he opens up at noon for further troubleshooting.

What does the switch matrix look like in test?

With 5 balls in the trough, it should look like this:
di_matrix1 (resized).jpgdi_matrix1 (resized).jpg

With 4 balls in the trough, it should look like this:
di_matrix2 (resized).jpgdi_matrix2 (resized).jpg

--Ted

#4729 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

What does the switch matrix look like in test?
With 5 balls in the trough, it should look like this:

With 4 balls in the trough, it should look like this:

--Ted

check_switch_26

Hi Ted,

Thank you for chiming in.

Five balls are in the trough. All five matrices are green. However, I kept the machine on the matrix screen and the "5-Ball Trough Jam" matrix switches between green and yellow.

Would that have anything to do with the balls auto-firing into the game? I tried another game it will shoot two, three, four or all five balls into the game.

DIballtroughMatrix (resized).PNGDIballtroughMatrix (resized).PNG
#4730 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

check_switch_26
Hi Ted,
Thank you for chiming in.
Five balls are in the trough. All five matrices are green. However, I kept the machine on the matrix screen and the "5-Ball Trough Jam" matrix switches between green and yellow.
Would that have anything to do with the balls auto-firing into the game? I tried another game it will shoot two, three, four or all five balls into the game.

If the trough jam switch goes green, the game will think a ball is stacked on top of another, then fire the coil to clear the problem.

Try taking all the balls out and looking at the matrix again. I suspect you will see all of the switches toggling between green and yellow. Most likely cause is a loose connection. Check the power supply (red & black wires) connectors on both circuit boards. Also check where that small harness connects to the main harness. Try wiggling the switch matrix connector (7 white wires & 1 green wire) and see if the switches toggle in test.

--Ted

#4731 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

If the trough jam switch goes green, the game will think a ball is stacked on top of another, then fire the coil to clear the problem.
Try taking all the balls out and looking at the matrix again. I suspect you will see all of the switches toggling between green and yellow. Most likely cause is a loose connection. Check the power supply (red & black wires) connectors on both circuit boards. Also check where that small harness connects to the main harness. Try wiggling the switch matrix connector (7 white wires & 1 green wire) and see if the switches toggle in test.
--Ted

check_switch_26

Hi Ted,

I took all of the balls out of the trough. However, "5-Ball Trough #5 (right)" and "5-Ball Trough jam" are continuously switching from yellow to green without any balls in the trough. Odd right?

All connections look tight and connected. Thoughts?

#4732 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

All connections look tight and connected.

Please with power off the game. Reseat the ball trough connectors. And to the Opto driver board under the playfield.

Then go to the I/O board in the head. Reseat connectors involved there.

#4733 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please with power off the game. Reseat the ball trough connectors. And to the Opto driver board under the playfield.
Then go to the I/O board in the head. Reseat connectors involved there.

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll check back when I have some time to go through the troubleshooting later tonight.

#4734 5 years ago

Running into a few issues with my new Dialed In LE. I'm getting a buzz through the speakers, which I have seen is a fairly common problem. I contacted JJP today, and they are sending an isolator.

However, when I plugged headphones in to play today (hoping the buzz would go away so I could finally play a few games) I had no sound out of the headphones or the speakers, but the buzzing continued. Is that normal? Anything I should check?

Also, I now am getting a statue diverter error (malfunction is detected). I tested it and it goes up and down, but seems to get stuck on it's way down. It was completely working on the few games I had played before today.

#4735 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

However, when I plugged headphones in to play today (hoping the buzz would go away so I could finally play a few games) I had no sound out of the headphones or the speakers, but the buzzing continued. Is that normal? Anything I should check?

Be sure the connectors are on tight on the small board behind the volume controls on the front left corner of the game, and to the boards in the head.

Quoted from Parzival:

Also, I now am getting a statue diverter error (malfunction is detected). I tested it and it goes up and down, but seems to get stuck on it's way down.

Look at the mechanism below the playfield, if the foot the cam pushes is loose or off, then check the mech for binding below or above the playfield.

#4736 5 years ago

Any word on when we will be getting code to finish the Animations? Its been awhile since the last code drop.

#4737 5 years ago

A quick thanks to Oshara , check_switch_26 and LTG for the help today.

It ended up being a bad opto board on the ball trough. I swapped the new boards I received from JJP and reinstalled the old ones on the new trough. Go figure.

Thanks again guys!

#4738 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Thanks again guys!

Glad you called me. Glad you can enjoy your game !

#4739 5 years ago

Any updates on when LE owners are receiving the DI printed manual? Sure do miss the newsletters that JJ used to send out.

#4740 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I am still experiencing some problems with the Bob trap door opto. I get the "ball locked" callout even if I haven't shot the ball into the trap door. (It seems as if it maybe is getting triggered by light, like the QED-guy flashing, but I'm not sure.) Is there a way to make it less sensitive?

Hi, I had the same problem with the sim card scoop entry opto, sometimes if a sim card was lit I get the shot made but no ball goes in there. Instead I hit the QED guy with the ball, especially a fast ball hitting the target. Looking to the opto I/O board I see that there are mounted on the QED guy moving asselmbly. I reconnect (unplug and replug) the opto plug and the problem is now gone. But I am afraid of that it will appear soon, because of shaking the QED assembly by hiting the QED target causing the opto I/O board to be involved. I guess it was no good idea to mount Q3 and Q4 on the QED assembly?

#4741 5 years ago
Quoted from grabul:

Hi, I had the same problem with the sim card scoop entry opto, sometimes if a sim card was lit I get the shot made but no ball goes in there. Instead I hit the QED guy with the ball, especially a fast ball hitting the target. Looking to the opto I/O board I see that there are mounted on the QED guy moving asselmbly. I reconnect (unplug and replug) the opto plug and the problem is now gone. But I am afraid of that it will appear soon, because of shaking the QED assembly by hiting the QED target causing the opto I/O board to be involved. I guess it was no good idea to mount Q3 and Q4 on the QED assembly?

Thanks, very interesting info. I have tried reseating the opto plug but no difference. Will investigate further.

#4742 5 years ago

Just bought a NIB DI from PinballSTAR aka Joe. He was awesome. Responded to every single one of my emails with lightning quick speed, answered all my annoying questions, and then worked with me quickly to get my game shipped asap. Professionalism at its finest.

I also bought new pinstadium lighting from @pinstadium, who was also very professional and quick with responses. I just wanted to give these guys some love on here.

Pretty excited to be a part of this club.

#4743 5 years ago

Fast reply from Jack. Many thanks. I hope that will speed up my request.
« I’m sorry about that Laurent, I have copied Frank, we will get you what you need -
Merci,
Jack »

So, the squeaky wheel gets the grease?

#4744 5 years ago
Quoted from grabul:

Pinside is fantastic. Thanks to your info, I checked the boards where the opto plugs goes and the screws on the boards were all loose - probably making them move a lot when I hit the QED-guy. After tightening all the screws I have had zero problems with the Bob trap door opto. Thanks a million man!

#4745 5 years ago

check_switch_26 - The Hobbit code has been released now … is a Dialed In update coming real soon?

#4746 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

check_switch_26 - The Hobbit code has been released now … is a Dialed In update coming real soon?

Why do you think new Dialed-In code is going to be released? Was something mentioned by JJP?

#4747 5 years ago
Quoted from kharri:

Why do you think new Dialed-In code is going to be released? Was something mentioned by JJP?

They have been working on another update for several months (likely off and on as time permits) to add more phone character animations and likely tweaking some other things. It has been mentioned by Ted before in these DI threads. Back in February they were waiting for some animations to be developed. Rumor was TH and DI updates would be released once JJPOTC was put into production. That hasn't happened, but the TH update has been released a few days ago. Just anxious for the update as the TH one was a pretty big and great update.

#4748 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

They have been working on another update for several months (likely off and on as time permits) to add more phone character animations and likely tweaking some other things. It has been mentioned by Ted before in these DI threads. Back in February they were waiting for some animations to be developed. Rumor was TH and DI updates would be released once JJPOTC was put into production. That hasn't happened, but the TH update has been released a few days ago. Just anxious for the update as the TH one was a pretty big and great update.

Not to mention adding a new multiball. See the newly released game flow chart.

#4749 5 years ago

Hopefully they will add more to the selfie mode too. Would like to save some of them

#4750 5 years ago
Quoted from kharri:

Hopefully they will add more to the selfie mode too. Would like to save some of them

Selfie pervert mode? Extra points for detected genitals?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 22.50
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.