IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 273.
#4651 5 years ago

I ordered the new topper by mezelmods this morning. Looks awesome. Can’t wait to get it!

I installed a big 12” subwoofer last night. Having standard audio connections makes it super easy. Love it! Thanks JJP! If anyone here is interested I can post more info on cables/connectors that I used.

Have any of you found pinball covers that fit over JJP backboxes? I haven’t yet.

Junky

#4652 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I posted about this earlier. My new LE did this twice in the first couple days

What did JJP have to say about your problem?

#4653 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

What did JJP have to say about your problem?

I had the same problem happen about 100 games in. During gameplay, my montior, phone and theater went out. After the game, I checked all connections and they looked good. I turned the pin off, then fired it back on. Everything worked again. I never had an issue after that.

#4654 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

1 day to infinity. I just call.

I got a response 2 days later.
Steve will order the complete trapdoor with the flat riveted. They were in inventory so he said it will take a while.
That was 20 days ago.
I asked him an update 4 days ago all the more as I have now a drone down and no response.
Why so long? Why this game has so many issues?

#4655 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I got a response 2 days later.
Steve will order the complete trapdoor with the flat riveted. They were in inventory so he said it will take a while.
That was 20 days ago.
I asked him an update 4 days ago all the more as I have now a drone down and no response.
Why so long? Why this game has so many issues?

I wouldn't say Dialed In has more issues than comparably complex games, it's just pinball, and the more complex the mechanical action and the more of it there is, the more likely something doesn't work right or at all. Check out the Iron Maiden (Prem/LE) issues thread, that's a much less complex game that has a ton of issues out of the box, way more that I ever experienced on Dialed In, IMO.

#4656 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wouldn't say Dialed In has more issues than comparably complex games, it's just pinball, and the more complex the mechanical action and the more of it there is, the more likely something doesn't work right or at all. Check out the Iron Maiden (Prem/LE) issues thread, that's a much less complex game that has a ton of issues out of the box, way more that I ever experienced on Dialed In, IMO.

I do not have an Iron Maiden so I can’t compare. I have a thought to all 2nd owners that have only their eyes for crying coz the guarantee is not following the product that is sensed to guarantee

#4657 5 years ago

Shaker Motor Question.

I don't own DI...... yet. I keep hearing that if I want a shaker motor, I must order LE. However, not even 3 months ago, LTG posted this chart: http://159.203.76.48/di/DI-Compare-NEW.pdf

The pdf says standard has the shaker motor, yet I've read several times that "if you upgrade to LE, you get the shaker motor", so something isn't adding up, and I can't find the answer anywhere online.

Does the shaker motor come with standard?

#4658 5 years ago

Yes for DI, shaker comes with standard

#4659 5 years ago

I know this has been answered recently, but how do you finish the Scuba disaster mode?

I had 6 letters completed and collected last night, and one in the queue. Scuba would have given me eight, though collecting them is still always a challenge.

Kinda glad I haven't reached Showdown yet. I'm hoping they polish the end sequence in the next code, so when I finally reach it, there's a epic ending to be enjoyed!

Come on Ted and JJP team, give us an ending that matches the awesomeness of this pin!

Really hoping for a real impactful ending like BFTK on MM, LITZ on TZ, or even DTR or LOTR.

I personally think the machine going dark, all sound off, and a pause... Followed by maybe the main villain of D.I.E saying some final words or at least feeding us a little more of the story.

Let's make this the greatest final to any pinball machine ever!!!

#4660 5 years ago

I believe one shot to the side ramp ends the tidal wave mode. All other shots are just points. Or perhaps they raise the value of the final shot.

#4661 5 years ago

PinballSTAR will be at ReplayFX again in 2018 ! WITH DIALED IN AND PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN !

We are planning on having the following games (subject to change) :

JJP :
Wizard of Oz (will bring only if pre-sold)
Hobbit (will bring only if pre-sold)
Dialed In - open for play and NIB
Pirates of the Caribbean - open for play

Chicago Gaming :
Medieval Madness Remake (will bring only if pre-sold)
Attack From Mars Remake (will bring only if pre-sold)

American Pinball :
Houdini - open for play and NIB

Spooky :
TNA - open for play
Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle - open for play

Homepin :
Thunderbirds - open for play

VP Cabs :
Vertigo - open for play
Vortex - open for play

Pre-orders for free delivery to the show ? YUP we'll do that...

We will bring INVISIGLASS if anyone wants to pre-order before the show - discounts for multiple sheets - we will ONLY bring what is pre-sold. Email Sales@PinballSTAR for pricing.

Email Joe at [email protected] for our full price list.

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

PS Logo (resized).jpgPS Logo (resized).jpg
#4662 5 years ago

*@#!*$ is what I say when I complete a mode and simultaneously drain before collecting the SIM card.

#4663 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

*@#!*$ is what I say when I complete a mode and simultaneously drain before collecting the SIM card.

set the sim to carry over in the settings

#4664 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

set the sim to carry over in the settings

Nah. I’m a glutton for punishment and like the challenge. Maybe someday when I’m sufficiently frustrated at never getting more than 2 or 3 SIM cards.

#4665 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Nah. I’m a glutton for punishment and like the challenge. Maybe someday when I’m sufficiently frustrated at never getting more than 2 or 3 SIM cards.

Once I replaced my JJP protectors with Cliffies, the game became what it should be. I can now get sims with relative ease.

#4666 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Once I replaced my JJP protectors with Cliffies, the game became what it should be. I can now get sims with relative ease.

I have the cliffies. It is not too bad, but it is still more luck than anything.

#4667 5 years ago

Can somone tell me what the theater magnet is supposed to do when it grabs the ball for drone delivery? Is it supposed to throw the ball up to top lane?

#4668 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can somone tell me what the theater magnet is supposed to do when it grabs the ball for drone delivery? Is it supposed to throw the ball up to top lane?

Yes. I tried to adjust mine but it's not 100% more like 50%. I'm pretty sure thez balls are magnetized . What the best (right ) balls for the machine? link please.. Thanks

#4669 5 years ago

Is there a way to get more then 5 balls per play? Thats the max it would go in my settings
Mo

#4670 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is there a way to get more then 5 balls per play?

No.

LTG : )

#4671 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is there a way to get more then 5 balls per play? Thats the max it would go in my settings
Mo

You could set the replay to fixed and the reward as extra ball, and set it to multiple rewards with low achievable scores.

(I assume you can for DI haven't looked) also you could set a generous ball save timer.

#4672 5 years ago

I asked this before, have been in emoji mode and in the pop area (may have hit the standup) and the mode stops. Is that normal?

#4673 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I asked this before, have been in emoji mode and in the pop area (may have hit the standup) and the mode stops. Is that normal?

You probably completed the mode with all of the switch hits in the pops.

#4674 5 years ago
Quoted from MrDucks:

You probably completed the mode with all of the switch hits in the pops.

How many hits would finish the mode? I was not aware this was a switch limit mode, I thought it was time mode (I can not find the rules in fact).

#4675 5 years ago

Is anyone getting any flipper button wear on the decals around the flipper buttons?

#4676 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How many hits would finish the mode? I was not aware this was a switch limit mode, I thought it was time mode (I can not find the rules in fact).

I don't think the rules of Emoji Mania make sense to anyone. Owned the game for a year. Still have no idea what the goal is to accumulate the most points in that mode.

#4678 5 years ago

After a phone call to JJP I learned something and thought I would pass it on to you guys. I wasn’t able to find any info on pinside on the specifics of the daily high scores feature. I was curious as to when the new “day” begins. My daily high scores include scores earned from the previous day. And yes, my date/time is set correctly.
Turns out the daily high scores are not actually the high scores that are accumulated during that day. Each time an individual score is recorded, it is held in memory for 24 hours. Once that 24 hour timer expires that score will be deleted from the list.
In my opinion, it would make more sense to wipe the daily high scores at 0000 each day. That way the scores are actually from that day.
This is obviously NOT a big deal. Just wanted to share.

#4679 5 years ago

On another note, the BOB trap door stopped closing on my new game. Test menu showed “trap door broken”. After some searching I found this video

Bending that metal tab completely fixed the problem.
Junky

#4680 5 years ago

After a phone call to JJP I learned something and thought I would pass it on to you guys. I wasn’t able to find any info on pinside on the specifics of the daily high scores feature. I was curious as to when the new “day” begins. My daily high scores include scores earned from the previous day. And yes, my date/time is set correctly.
Turns out the daily high scores are not actually the high scores that are accumulated during that day. Each time an individual score is recorded, it is held in memory for 24 hours. Once that 24 hour timer expires that score will be deleted from the list.
In my opinion, it would make more sense to wipe the daily high scores at 0000 each day. That way the scores are actually from that day.
This is obviously NOT a big deal. Just wanted to share.

That explains a few things. I was glad that it didn't reset at midnight when I had a party that went on beyond midnight. I think it is fine the way it is, or let you put in the reset time. Like for barcades, maybe they would want to set it for 3AM.

I understand your point, but for home parties that could go until the sun rises, I think it is fine the way it is. I always wondered about it though for all of the JJP pins, so thanks for sharing that info.

#4681 5 years ago

Neat. I always suspected it wasn't a noon to midnight thing.

After some searching I found this video

Thank you.

#4682 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

That explains a few things. I was glad that it didn't reset at midnight when I had a party that went on beyond midnight. I think it is fine the way it is, or let you put in the reset time. Like for barcades, maybe they would want to set it for 3AM.
I understand your point, but for home parties that could go until the sun rises, I think it is fine the way it is. I always wondered about it though for all of the JJP pins, so thanks for sharing that info.

You're welcome. You are absolutely right. Having the option to set the time would be great.

Quoted from LTG:

Neat. I always suspected it wasn't a noon to midnight thing.

Thank you.

You're welcome

#4683 5 years ago

Is anyone getting any flipper button wear on the decals around the flipper buttons?

You mean like this:

3C7736A2-840C-4794-9659-F262D701F415 (resized).jpeg3C7736A2-840C-4794-9659-F262D701F415 (resized).jpeg

You can see a little bit of lightening right under the button. I’ve only had my pin for 6 weeks. None of my other NIB pins did that. It is not a huge deal and is barely noticeable, but it is strange and somewhat disappointing that it is happening at all. I just bought some vinyl cling flipper button protectors from Titan to ensure it doesn’t get worse.

#4684 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You mean like this:

You can see a little bit of lightening right under the button. I’ve only had my pin for 6 weeks. None of my other NIB pins did that. It is not a huge deal and is barely noticeable, but it is strange and somewhat disappointing that it is happening at all. I just bought some vinyl cling flipper button protectors from Titan to ensure it doesn’t get worse.

That's the exact same spot where mine is starting, and I have only 122 games on my machine.

#4685 5 years ago

That's the exact same spot where mine is starting, and I have only 122 games on my machine.

I wish I’d gotten RadCals but will be getting the Mylar covers ASAP.

#4686 5 years ago

Weird. Could it be a defect in the printing rather than wear? I don’t know whether mine came that way or not, but I don’t think so.

Quoted from rai:

I wish I’d gotten RadCals but will be getting the Mylar covers ASAP.

By coincidence, my vinyl cling protectors came from Titan today, and I just put them on. They cover the area great, stick well, and are easily removable. They are like holiday window clings. Perhaps a better solution than Mylar given how easy they can be removed and switched to other pins if necessary.

#4687 5 years ago

I’m really disappointed about JJP support service.
Ask them some updates about my trapdoor and drone issues and no one is replying.
This game has so many issues out of the box that I think good communication is the least they can do.
I don’t think I would buy again JJP game for a while.

#4688 5 years ago

E-mail jack, you'll have an answer fast.
No problem for my game but I just asked for new cliffy and they are now travelling from the US to France.

#4689 5 years ago
Quoted from poup:

E-mail jack, you'll have an answer fast.
No problem for my game but I just asked for new cliffy and they are now travelling from the US to France.

I have had a quick answer at the beginning of the month. I must have a new trapdoor but they were in inventory so he explained me that would take a while. I am asking for update. No reply.
I think each guy must stay at his own place. Maybe I will email jack but it is not his job, there is a support service for these questions.
Thanks buddy for the advice

#4690 5 years ago

In regards to the drones failing, can they be tested via the menu?

#4691 5 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

In regards to the drones failing, can they be tested via the menu?

Yes they can. I believe it is in the coils menu. That is how I determined two of mine were defective. Also try plugging the defective drone into one of the harnesses that is deemed working. That will help isolate whether the wiring harness or drone is defective.

#4692 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I have had a quick answer at the beginning of the month. I must have a new trapdoor but they were in inventory so he explained me that would take a while. I am asking for update. No reply.
I think each guy must stay at his own place. Maybe I will email jack but it is not his job, there is a support service for these questions.
Thanks buddy for the advice

I have had lots of out of box issues and several after delivery issues. Service through the online ticketing system works well sometimes and not well others. Calling is usually more effective. When new parts are needed, quite frequently I would have to follow up.

With all the above said, ultimately JJP has made things right and got me the parts and support that I needed.

Frank in support is a great guy and he has been out of office recently due to a death in the family. Paul in the parts department quickly jumped on a confusion in one of my parts orders and got me the parts I need.

They are a great bunch of guys that want to make things right. I do believe they are sometimes overwhelmed but are trying to do all the right things.

#4693 5 years ago

I need to get some of those flipper button protectors. Seems like a good preventative measure.

#4694 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Weird. Could it be a defect in the printing rather than wear? I don’t know whether mine came that way or not, but I don’t think so.

Is this below the right hand side flipper button? That's where mine is. Love to see some more photos of other machines to determine artifact in the artwork or wearing prematurely. My machine was made in January of 2018.

#4695 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I have had lots of out of box issues and several after delivery issues. Service through the online ticketing system works well sometimes and not well others. Calling is usually more effective. When new parts are needed, quite frequently I would have to follow up.
With all the above said, ultimately JJP has made things right and got me the parts and support that I needed.
Frank in support is a great guy and he has been out of office recently due to a death in the family. Paul in the parts department quickly jumped on a confusion in one of my parts orders and got me the parts I need.
They are a great bunch of guys that want to make things right. I do believe they are sometimes overwhelmed but are trying to do all the right things.

I had several tickets due to lack of response until I managed to have Paul get one. He combined my tickets and really took the reins to fix my phone issues. I was also sent new cliffies, a left ramp plastic to stop bounce outs and a new curved center ball guide. I now only need my trap door flap replaced, but that part is on backorder for the near future.

Unfortunately, Paul is no longer with JJP, so he referred me to either Frank or Steve.

If anyone is getting bad service at JJP, the best method is to phone them, so I've heard. I've only done email tickets, but if you think about it, phone information must be written down immediately, and it must be addressed soon, or it will be lost in the mix. Email can sit there on a computer waiting in an orderly fashion forever.

This game is far more complex than anything stern does, so it's going to have some issues. JJP still make the best machines as they allow for serviceable boards etc. These guys are a god-send. Without them, we'd only be lifting bare plafields onto service pegs to look at proprietary node boards without schematics. THANKS JACK AND CREW!!!

#4696 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

The guy who has answered me was Steve. No response since 3 weeks.
I’m outside US (I hope it is not working against me) and sincerely i don’t speak English enough well to call the support service ( in fact it is horrible).
So I just ask that someone answers me and gives me update.

#4697 5 years ago

That was Franck for me the 25/06/18. Few answers too after replies to his mail.
Great communication for me without a call.

#4698 5 years ago

Is this below the right hand side flipper button? That's where mine is. Love to see some more photos of other machines to determine artifact in the artwork or wearing prematurely. My machine was made in January of 2018.

Mine is the same. It's only on the right side. Only 200 plays. Born on date 4/26/18. It does NOT feel as if it's worn. Looks like it's in the printed artwork and not from any wear at all.

20180628_130759 (resized).jpg20180628_130759 (resized).jpg
#4699 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Unfortunately, Paul is no longer with JJP, so he referred me to either Frank or Steve.

Since when? I just worked with Paul on June 20th.

#4700 5 years ago

Mine is the same. It's only on the right side. Only 200 plays. Born on date 4/26/18. It does NOT feel as if it's worn. Looks like it's in the printed artwork and not from any wear at all.

Yes, mine is the right side. Thanks to you both for confirming. It sounds like it is either part of the image or perhaps a minor defect in the batch. Either way, I'm glad that it is not from wear. Strange that it looks just like a finger mark. I guess I bought the button protectors for nothing. Oh well, no harm in using them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/94?hl=insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.