IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 273.
#4601 5 years ago

There is absolutely nothing special that happens when you beat Showdown. It’s almost a complete letdown. Hoping that JJP puts something special in there.

#4602 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I officially joined the club yesterday! LE#289 is in my gameroom now. Born on date is 4/26/18. I’m loving this game. It’s just awesome. Really fun to play!
I have some issues right off the bat.
Number 1 is this terrible static speaker noise no matter what volume the game is set to. I called JJP and they are sending me one of those in-line noise isolators that others have posted about. I have a hard time believing that this will completely fix the problem. The noise is loud. I’ve checked all connections. I connected an external amp and speakers to the motherboard (no noise). So this tells me it’s the cable or the sound board and not the MB or audio out jack. No noise through headphones either. I need to try swapping the audio cable between MB and sound board next to rule that out.
Number 2 has happened only once. Both displays went blank during a game. The game continued as normal. I turned off/on the pin and the displays powered back on. I’m hoping this doesn’t happen again.
Number 3 is strange. The selfie camera takes new pictures only sometimes when I enter in a name for high scores. Sometimes it will display an older picture from a previous game. Really weird.
Number 4 is no big deal. I can’t get my Samsung S8+ to connect to the pin. The app refuses to connect. I’ve tried multiple times. Not that I’m gonna be playing with the phone, but I just wanted to try it.
It took me a while to find the theater magnet settings that you guys have posted about. I was looking for a magnet power setting. That was the mistake. The adjustment is not power, it’s a delay in milliseconds. For anyone else looking, it’s in the test menu. Mine came really high from the factory (-30 I think). So far -90 seems to be working pretty good along with the magnet behavior set to “normal”. I tried the lab test mode too but couldn’t see any benefit.
So far I like the lower flippers at power 21 and upper flipper at 17.
The slingshots don’t have a power setting. Strange. They have another time delay setting. What are you guys setting these at?
Junky

An update for you guys.

The terrible noise is gone after installing the in-line ground noise isolator. I’m stoked!

The bubble pitch level on my cab is off. The playfield pitch between the slingshots was actually 7.5ish at the recommended “bubble edge touching the second line”. I’ve since lowered the actual pitch to 6.5 and the bubble edge is between the first and second line now. The game is slow for my taste but I’m gonna play more and see if it’s ok. This is especially true after playing a game on my super fast Star Wars!

Now that the pitch is less I’ve messed with the theater magnet some more. I actually prefer the magnet delay at -30 (which is how it came from the factory) instead of the -80/-90/-100 as others have posted. At -30 it catches and then throws the ball up consistently. And I have not removed any mylar, yet.

Earlier I mentioned that the backbox screen and the phone screen went completely black. This happened a second time now. This time during attract mode. I’m assuming they are powered off. I will call JJP tomorrow. I’ve read others talk about the phone going blank, but not the backbox screen too.

I will report back.

Junky

#4603 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

There is absolutely nothing special that happens when you beat Showdown. It’s almost a complete letdown. Hoping that JJP puts something special in there.

Most games these days dont do a whole lot once u get to the end....

#4604 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Most games these days dont do a whole lot once u get to the end....

Yeah, but JJP is at a different level than the rest. The ending to Battle the Wicked Witch on WOZ is one of the greatest moments in Pinball. Here’s hoping they can do a little something more with DI.

#4605 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yeah, but JJP is at a different level than the rest. The ending to Battle the Wicked Witch on WOZ is one of the greatest moments in Pinball. Here’s hoping they can do a little something more with DI.

Unfortunately ill never get far enough to see any of it lol

#4606 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yeah, me too. I just like knowing that’s it’s there.

#4607 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yeah, me too. I just like knowing that’s it’s there.

10 ball game?

#4608 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

10 ball game?

Close the outlines and now you’re talkin’!

#4609 5 years ago

Crappy auto spell check. If I type in outlanes, quit auto correcting it after say the second time, yes?

#4610 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I hope and pray, to all that is good and righteous, that they dim the house lights and reward you with a David-Thiel-pipe-organ-laser-light-show-solo-with-spiders. (this doesn't follow any actual logic or story, but that's fine)

I hesitate to say it, because it is still relatively new, but Dialed In might be my favorite pinball game ever. I love so much about Dialed In. But one thing that I love most is the pipe organ tones (big bang charge-ups). I can't explain how much I love this. The pipe organ keeps me plugging quarters, no matter how shitty I'm playing that day.

#4611 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Unfortunately the super wizard level on WOZ "Over the rainbow" is the same kind of letdown - it is SO complicated and difficult to get to, and you get a bunch of video of clouds flying overhead. Total opposite of what you'd expect with the amount of effort involved in getting there. On the other hand though... on many games it'll never be seen, so I get the JJP business decision not to spend a lot of time on it. I do hope for DI there's a whole denoument to the story though!

#4612 5 years ago

The longer side of my left flipper EOS cracked in half and fell off during gameplay.

Manual has the part listed as 18-000001-00, which I assume is internal for JJP.

Can anyone confirm if it is the same as this Williams part:

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=261

#4613 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The choreography for Showdown hasn't been completed yet. You do get victory laps for defeating the Top Evil Dude, but most of the feedback is missing at this point. We'll get to finishing that up eventually.

--Ted

#4614 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

The choreography for Showdown hasn't been completed yet. You do get victory laps for defeating the Top Evil Dude, but most of the feedback is missing at this point. We'll get to finishing that up eventually.
--Ted

Thanks Ted! You guys are awesome!

#4615 5 years ago

--Ted

Having a cool ending to Showdown, and maybe making Chaos In Quantum City meaningful should solidify this game in the top 10!

Keep up the great work

#4616 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can anyone confirm if it is the same as this Williams part:

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=261

Same part.

LTG : )

#4617 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Same part.

Oh sweet!

Really hoping I have a spare laying around!

Thanks as always LTG

#4618 5 years ago

One thing I’d prefer would be another Bob mode while I do like the three emoji, lottery and selfie modes it would be nice to have a bit more variety. Notice I’m a fairly low level player so I’m getting most of the early stuff a lot and not much past the initial Bob modes.

#4619 5 years ago

The more I play Dialed in the more I love it. Initially I had a hard time getting used to the story, I actually had no idea what was going on.. but now its pretty damn fun. I like the attacks.. Im assuming the quantum guys want their phone back that was sold to me accidentally, thats why they are attacking me?

#4620 5 years ago

I am curious what happened? I was in emoji overload mode and went into the pops and somehow the mode ended. It had just started so didn't time out. Not sure why/what happened?

#4621 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im assuming the quantum guys want their phone back that was sold to me accidentally, thats why they are attacking me?

Yes. I believe so.

#4622 5 years ago

--Ted

The

T op
E vil
D ude

I love that!

#4623 5 years ago

An update for you guys.
I mentioned that the backbox screen and the phone screen went completely black. This happened a second time now. This time during attract mode. I’m assuming they are powered off. I will call JJP tomorrow. I’ve read others talk about the phone going blank, but not the backbox screen too.
I will report back.
Junky

I just got my game NIB and had the backbox display and phone going blank once. Let me know what you find.

#4624 5 years ago

I have my DI properly leveled with the bubble at the second line... but the ball has gotten stuck 3-4 times on that slit where that electric guy goes back and fourth. Kind of annoying, someone have a fix?

#4625 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have my DI properly leveled with the bubble at the second line... but the ball has gotten stuck 3-4 times on that slit where that electric guy goes back and fourth. Kind of annoying, someone have a fix?

I recommend that you check your pitch angle with a digital level on the playfield. My NIB game's bubble level is off.

#4626 5 years ago

To All DI Owners & Players:

I found a thread (see link) that discusses the challenging SIM Card shot and strategies on how to make it with some sort of consistency. For those of you who have found success, have insight to the ideal side flipper setting, etc., could you chime in on the thread below? It'll make it easier to sift through your comments than the 4600+ posts here.

Thanks in advance!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-sim-card-hole-how-do-you-hit-it#post-4455282

#4627 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

To All DI Owners & Players:
I found a thread (see link) that discusses the challenging SIM Card shot and strategies on how to make it with some sort of consistency. For those of you who have found success, have insight to the ideal side flipper setting, etc., could you chime in on the thread below? It'll make it easier to sift through your comments than the 4600+ posts here.
Thanks in advance!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-sim-card-hole-how-do-you-hit-it#post-4455282

I collected 3 SIM cards last night.

#4628 5 years ago

I recommend that you check your pitch angle with a digital level on the playfield. My NIB game's bubble level is off.

and its supposed to be 6.5 ? Thanks!

#4629 5 years ago

I had two SIM cards ready to collect and I thought I could collect them with one shot, but it seems you can’t stack them and each card requires a separate shot. I got four last night, my record.

Big Bang is a huge help to clearing modes.

#4630 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mine is properly leveled/pitched and it started to do that every once in a while. Then I waxed the playfield (again) and it hasn't happened since. Guessing that waxing has little to do with it other than that the ball is less floaty than it was before, which gives it enough velocity to get over the slot. Once it hits the first timeout ball search it will cycle the QED dude and free it up.

#4631 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

and its supposed to be 6.5 ? Thanks!

My understanding is yes, it's supposed to be 6.5 degrees at the recommended "bubble edge touching the 2nd line". Mine was not

#4632 5 years ago

My understanding is yes, it's supposed to be 6.5 degrees at the recommended "bubble edge touching the 2nd line". Mine was not

Those bubble levels are cheap, and not always accurate.

#4633 5 years ago

Okay so I believe I have a problem with the Bob Enter Trapdoor switch. I can´t seem to be able to find it to trigger it manually during switch testing (even though I can see it on the playfield map). Where do I find it and is it an opto or what? My problem when playing is that this switch is triggered without reaching it with a ball, which is a bit of cheating

#4634 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Where do I find it and is it an opto

Opto. Below the playfield. On the clear plastic subway the ball goes thru after going into the trap door hole.

#4635 5 years ago

Has anyone set the magnet level to hard?

#4636 5 years ago

I was kinda surprised that my bubble level was dead on I checked it with a digital level.

#4637 5 years ago

You want to adjust it a tiny bit higher, a few additional turns to make the back legs higher. This reduces getting caught in the QED track, and SDTM from the theater

#4638 5 years ago

Just received my DILE and have a couple of issues. Going ot call tomorrow but wanted to know if anyone has any input.
Pop bumpers are randomly firing while playing. Not one but all three. Is there an adjustment for sensitivity?
And during my first game the monitor, theater and phone went black. Turned off and now fine.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

#4639 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Pop bumpers are randomly firing while playing.

Go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed. Bang on playfield. If anything shows closed that should be open adjust it. If pop bumper switches fire when doing this, adjust them so they are less sensitive.

#4640 5 years ago

Thanks Lloyd but I don't see a sensitivity setting. Is it the coil settings?

#4641 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Thanks Lloyd but I don't see a sensitivity setting.

That is physically adjusting leaf blade switches so vibration doesn't set them off. Nothing to do with settings in the game.

#4642 5 years ago

Yes the obvious thing I didn't think about. Thanks!

#4643 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

..And during my first game the monitor, theater and phone went black. Turned off and now fine.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I posted about this earlier. My new LE did this twice in the first couple days

#4644 5 years ago

Does the first round of multiball always only have 2 balls?

#4645 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does the first round of multiball always only have 2 balls?

Yes,
The first round of UnderAttack is 2 ball, but you can add a ball by shooting the phone scoop three times. The phone will show your status towards add a ball

#4646 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Opto. Below the playfield. On the clear plastic subway the ball goes thru after going into the trap door hole.

Thanks! Problem solved and I really appreciate all the help from you, Vireland and others in this thread.

#4647 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I had two SIM cards ready to collect and I thought I could collect them with one shot, but it seems you can’t stack them and each card requires a separate shot. I got four last night, my record.
Big Bang is a huge help to clearing modes.

Might be a nice adjustable setting - "SIM Collect: One or All".

#4648 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

This is one rule change I could support. Better than sim carry over.

#4649 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Yeah, give us sucky players some handicap options

#4650 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Maybe we can start our own club.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 22.50
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.