IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 273.
#4551 5 years ago
Quoted from kirkgun:

That's really slick. That's the kind of touch you might expect out of some kind of veteran dream-team of pinball designers.

Yeah, the attention to detail in this pin is phenomenal. Just thinking back to the reveal and how much criticism they got before anyone had even played it makes me feel bad. To put that much effort into something only to have people fixate on stuff like the name must have been really deflating. I’m glad they eventually got all the credit they were due.

#4552 5 years ago

Yep the attention to detail is phenomenal. I love the screen animations when the ball is in the pops.

I have a basic question, they have these numbers on the building Bonuses 2x 4x and so on. How is the bonus built up? Is this from the Bob award, or pop bumpers or something else?

60-000009-00_DI_translite_colorcorrect (resized).jpg60-000009-00_DI_translite_colorcorrect (resized).jpg

#4553 5 years ago

The yellow BOB award raises the bonus x. I believe it can also be raised with a random drone package award.

#4554 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

So this just happened . . .
I love the animation when this mode starts.

Congrats! Not an easy wizard to reach!

I'm 2 SIMs away... Getting closer!

#4555 5 years ago

You’ll get there Damien. I have probably 600 games on mine and have only reached this 3 times.

#4556 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

You’ll get there Damien. I have probably 600 games on mine and have only reached this 3 times.

I’m pretty sure that after 2000 games, I will have reached it zero times.

#4557 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’m pretty sure that after 2000 games, I will have reached it zero times.

I was about to say something to that effect too haha

#4558 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

So this just happened . . .
I love the animation when this mode starts.

Very cool......
I think the intro is paying homage to Powerdown Mode on JM.
JM also has Crazy Bob's and the "Again!" callout when you make a bunch of combo orbit/ramps.

#4559 5 years ago

Holy crap! I just watched this again and ...
watch it and look at the theatre. I love all of the amazing details that they have put into this game. Most people would never see this because they are focusing on gameplay. Really cool!

#4560 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

watch it and look at the theatre. I love all of the amazing details that they have put into this game. Most people would never see this because they are focusing on gameplay. Really cool!

Damn, that is really cool. Can’t wait to get there.

#4561 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Switch not working right.
LTG : )

Thanks. How do I check this?

#4562 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The use of the theater there is really cool. I also love how they use the theater in the match sequence with the spotlight shining up onto the LCD screen.

#4563 5 years ago

So guys I have been playing my DI CE more and more. I think I finally got the story down, can you guys correct me.

So Im some dude, I think an exterminator and I live in a city where disasters happen. I happen to buy this phone from quantum physics which can help me get rid of the disasters. I am still confused about the sim part of it. The bob thingy I think is an app store in the city? also the spider is there because I was an exterminator. Then the quantum people want their phone back because they know its powerful so they attack me with those red lights.
Is this right so far?

#4564 5 years ago

Well just joined the club with #77 what a great game and build quality is amazing just a couple issues when got it setup, the BOB sign wasn't attached with any screws just the one rivet so side is marred with a line, left flipper was bound up both easy fixes, but the Phone has one bad red led right near the top on left side if was on the bottom wouldn't bother me as much so have a ticket in, but other than that great game and heavy.

20180615_070337 (resized).jpg20180615_070337 (resized).jpg
#4565 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So guys I have been playing my DI CE more and more. I think I finally got the story down, can you guys correct me.
So Im some dude, I think an exterminator and I live in a city where disasters happen. I happen to buy this phone from quantum physics which can help me get rid of the disasters. I am still confused about the sim part of it. The bob thingy I think is an app store in the city? also the spider is there because I was an exterminator. Then the quantum people want their phone back because they know its powerful so they attack me with those red lights.
Is this right so far?

I dont think the guy is an exterminator, but he does get the phone (from Crazy Bob), and him activating the phone is what starts the disasters happening. Dialed In Electronics are the makers of the phone, and they want the phone back, and are the ones that attack you. SIM cards are a real part of a phone which activate them and set up so the phone can connect to the cell network; they kind of fudge on this in the story, you only ever have 1 SIM card in a phone.

I don’t have any idea what the deal is with the spider. You can watch the backstory on attract mode on the game; it’s also partly in the comic book.

#4566 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I dont think the guy is an exterminator, but he does get the phone (from Crazy Bob), and him activating the phone is what starts the disasters happening. Dialed In Electronics are the makers of the phone, and they want the phone back, and are the ones that attack you. SIM cards are a real part of a phone which activate them and set up so the phone can connect to the cell network; they kind of fudge on this in the story, you only ever have 1 SIM card in a phone.
I don’t have any idea what the deal is with the spider. You can watch the backstory on attract mode on the game; it’s also partly in the comic book.

spider is in the game from an early plan where QED was an exterminator. They just left it in rather than changing it to something else, per Ted.

#4567 5 years ago

is QED the main character?

#4568 5 years ago
Quoted from KellerDj:

Well just joined the club with #77 what a great game and build quality is amazing just a couple issues when got it setup, the BOB sign wasn't attached with any screws just the one rivet so side is marred with a line, left flipper was bound up both easy fixes, but the Phone has one bad red led right near the top on left side if was on the bottom wouldn't bother me as much so have a ticket in, but other than that great game and heavy.

Congratulations on your new Pinball Machine. Is that a WOZ next to your Dialed In ?

#4569 5 years ago

While were on the subject of QED guy,what do his initials stand for ? Quantum Electric Dude?

#4570 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

While were on the subject of QED guy,what do his initials stand for ? Quantum Electric Dude?

I thought that could be an inside Easter egg from Pat. Back in my day, mathematical proof equations/work always ended with the notation of "Q.E.D." to signify that the proof is completed. Maybe this is Pat's dream design and proof that it could be done. Then added some Quantum Electric Department in there to make the letters mean something. I'm guessing that I'm probably wrong ... but if I'm right ...

From the math world:
Q.E.D. "Q.E.D." (sometimes written "QED") is an abbreviation for the Latin phrase "quod erat demonstrandum" ("that which was to be demonstrated"), a notation which is often placed at the end of a mathematical proof to indicate its completion. Several symbols are occasionally used as synonyms for Q.E.D.

#4571 5 years ago

I like that there is some mystery to the theme and story. Very similar to TZ.

#4572 5 years ago

I dont like the selfies, it keeps showing my double chin.

#4573 5 years ago

I didn’t get the comic book for DI LE, I’m the second owner but original owner only had it 1 month didn’t get comic either.

Are the comic books available anywhere?

#4574 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I didn’t get the comic book for DI LE, I’m the second owner but original owner only had it 1 month didn’t get comic either.
Are the comic books available anywhere?

Contact JJP and see if they can get you one? They have great customer service.. shipped me some new higher legs.. did the trick.

#4575 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Yes.

Quoted from KingBW:

From the math world:
Q.E.D. "Q.E.D." (sometimes written "QED") is an abbreviation for the Latin phrase "quod erat demonstrandum" ("that which was to be demonstrated"), a notation which is often placed at the end of a mathematical proof to indicate its completion. Several symbols are occasionally used as synonyms for Q.E.D.

And yes. (Although I always prefer my incorrect translation from back in high school: "Quite Easily Done".)

--Ted

#4576 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Congratulations on your new Pinball Machine. Is that a WOZ next to your Dialed In ?

No that is a Star Trek Premium

games (resized).jpggames (resized).jpg
#4577 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

How do I check this?

Tests - Switches - Matrixed. Trigger with your finger and see if it reports on the screen. Do it to a few switches so you know what to look for.

#4578 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I thought that could be an inside Easter egg from Pat. Back in my day, mathematical proof equations/work always ended with the notation of "Q.E.D." to signify that the proof is completed. Maybe this is Pat's dream design and proof that it could be done. Then added some Quantum Electric Department in there to make the letters mean something. I'm guessing that I'm probably wrong ... but if I'm right ...
From the math world:

Quoted from check_switch_26:

Yes.

And yes. (Although I always prefer my incorrect translation from back in high school: "Quite Easily Done".)
--Ted

That's awesome!

#4579 5 years ago

I officially joined the club yesterday! LE#289 is in my gameroom now. Born on date is 4/26/18. I’m loving this game. It’s just awesome. Really fun to play!

I have some issues right off the bat.

Number 1 is this terrible static speaker noise no matter what volume the game is set to. I called JJP and they are sending me one of those in-line noise isolators that others have posted about. I have a hard time believing that this will completely fix the problem. The noise is loud. I’ve checked all connections. I connected an external amp and speakers to the motherboard (no noise). So this tells me it’s the cable or the sound board and not the MB or audio out jack. No noise through headphones either. I need to try swapping the audio cable between MB and sound board next to rule that out.

Number 2 has happened only once. Both displays went blank during a game. The game continued as normal. I turned off/on the pin and the displays powered back on. I’m hoping this doesn’t happen again.

Number 3 is strange. The selfie camera takes new pictures only sometimes when I enter in a name for high scores. Sometimes it will display an older picture from a previous game. Really weird.

Number 4 is no big deal. I can’t get my Samsung S8+ to connect to the pin. The app refuses to connect. I’ve tried multiple times. Not that I’m gonna be playing with the phone, but I just wanted to try it.

It took me a while to find the theater magnet settings that you guys have posted about. I was looking for a magnet power setting. That was the mistake. The adjustment is not power, it’s a delay in milliseconds. For anyone else looking, it’s in the test menu. Mine came really high from the factory (-30 I think). So far -90 seems to be working pretty good along with the magnet behavior set to “normal”. I tried the lab test mode too but couldn’t see any benefit.

So far I like the lower flippers at power 21 and upper flipper at 17.
The slingshots don’t have a power setting. Strange. They have another time delay setting. What are you guys setting these at?

Junky

#4580 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I officially joined the club yesterday! LE#289 is in my gameroom now. Born on date is 4/26/18. I’m loving this game. It’s just awesome. Really fun to play!
Number 1 is this terrible static speaker noise no matter what volume the game is set to. I called JJP and they are sending me one of those in-line noise isolators that others have posted about. I have a hard time believing that this will completely fix the problem. The noise is loud. I’ve checked all connections. I connected an external amp and speakers to the motherboard (no noise). So this tells me it’s the cable or the sound board and not the MB or audio out jack. No noise through headphones either. I need to try swapping the audio cable between MB and sound board next to rule that out.
Number 2 has happened only once. Both displays went blank during a game. The game continued as normal. I turned off/on the pin and the displays powered back on. I’m hoping this doesn’t happen again.
Number 3 is strange. The selfie camera takes new pictures only sometimes when I enter in a name for high scores. Sometimes it will display an older picture from a previous game. Really weird.
Number 4 is no big deal. I can’t get my Samsung S8+ to connect to the pin. The app refuses to connect. I’ve tried multiple times. Not that I’m gonna be playing with the phone, but I just wanted to try it.
It took me a while to find the theater magnet settings that you guys have posted about. I was looking for a magnet power setting. That was the mistake. The adjustment is not power, it’s a delay in milliseconds. For anyone else looking, it’s in the test menu. Mine came really high from the factory (-30 I think). So far -90 seems to be working pretty good along with the magnet behavior set to “normal”. I tried the lab test mode too but couldn’t see any benefit.
The slingshots don’t have a power setting. Strange. They have another time delay setting. What are you guys setting these at?
Junky

For #3, if the camera doesn’t recognize a face, it either displays a blank picture or an old picture of you. You can adjust the recognition sensitivity of the camera in settings.

#4581 5 years ago

I’m getting a ton of air balls off of the standoff’s. The problem is that if I lower my right flipper power another point or two, I can’t always make the right orbit all the way around. The ball falls to the pops. Any ideas of what to do to avoid the air balls? They keep hitting the wireforms.

#4582 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I´m a bit confused. Played tonight and the magnet worked fine during play. Didn´t have the time to play very long though so have to do further tests. Maybe the magnet can get over-heated as suggested above?

I swapped in some new balls. Everything is fine now, the test works normally and I don't keep getting the cooling message. I don't know why but I keep getting balls that are supposed to be magnetic resistant that are anything but. My last of balls (from ball barron) got magnetised in about 10 games. They were sticking to each other and very obviously magnetised. Standard marco balls are working just fine though.

#4583 5 years ago

Junky

I can address problem 1. I installed a ground isolator (or whatever they’re called) tonight and it’s dead quiet now. I was kind of unsure about it especially after opening the box with the unit itself but the directions were quite easy from JJP and it took literally 5 minutes. Thanks LTG

#4584 5 years ago

Junky

Looks like our games are twins,my game was born on 04/26/18 too.

#4585 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I can address problem 1. I installed a ground isolator (or whatever they’re called) tonight and it’s dead quiet now. I was kind of unsure about it especially after opening the box with the unit itself but the directions were quite easy from JJP and it took literally 5 minutes. Thanks ltg

Thanks. I installed one this evening also. To my surprise it completely fixed the problem. Sounds great now. JJP should just install these at the factory.

Quoted from Nokoro:

For #3, if the camera doesn’t recognize a face, it either displays a blank picture or an old picture of you. You can adjust the recognition sensitivity of the camera in settings.

Thank you. I’ve been messing with the camera settings. It seems to be working a little better but it’s still not 100% by any means.

Quoted from ralphs007:

Looks like our games are twins,my game was born on 04/26/18 too.

Awesome! I haven’t verified yet with Cliff but I’m assuming our games have his protectors installed from the factory.

#4586 5 years ago

Thanks. I installed one this evening also. To my surprise it completely fixed the problem. Sounds great now. JJP should just install these at the factory.

Thank you. I’ve been messing with the camera settings. It seems to be working a little better but it’s still not 100% by any means.

Awesome! I haven’t verified yet with Cliff but I’m assuming our games have his protectors installed from the factory.

Backlighting/lighting can have a big impact on the camera. It will not work well if the area behind you is really bright like a window durring the day. The flash on the standard also helps a lot when it is darker.

#4587 5 years ago

Your games have cliffys. They switched over to cliffys in January at some point.

#4588 5 years ago

Ugh! I’m still getting way too many air balls even though I reduced power to the flippers quite a bit. Every time I hit a stand up target or brick the phone shot, it seems as if I get an air ball. I swear this wasn’t happening a week ago, but I can’t be sure. Anyway, I might try raising or lowering the back legs a bit. I think raising is the correct direction to prevent airballs, is that right?

#4589 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ugh! I’m still getting way too many air balls even though I reduced power to the flippers quite a bit. Every time I hit a stand up target or brick the phone shot, it seems as if I get an air ball. I swear this wasn’t happening a week ago, but I can’t be sure. Anyway, I might try raising or lowering the back legs a bit. I think raising is the correct direction to prevent airballs, is that right?

Try to make sure the game is a hair over 6.5 degrees; I believe the game is at 6.5 degrees when everything is screwed all the way down, then you want to raise the rear legs a couple of turns

#4590 5 years ago

I need a little help here . . .

A buddy bought a DICE and the upgraded his topper. I bought his old topper and have mounted it to my DILE, but am unsure where to connect the wires. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Bill

#4591 5 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I swapped in some new balls. Everything is fine now, the test works normally and I don't keep getting the cooling message. I don't know why but I keep getting balls that are supposed to be magnetic resistant that are anything but. My last of balls (from ball barron) got magnetised in about 10 games. They were sticking to each other and very obviously magnetised. Standard marco balls are working just fine though.

It does seem to be ball related. I tried with new balls in test mode and it worked flawlessly. When going back to the old (low-magnetic) ones which I´ve used for maybe 60 games, it started acting strange again. So I put in the new ones and it seem to be working. So it might be that balls that are magnetized makes the magnet disfunction.

#4592 5 years ago

Never mind. Found the topper wiring. Thanks!

#4593 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switches - Matrixed. Trigger with your finger and see if it reports on the screen. Do it to a few switches so you know what to look for.

Can´t find any errors with the switches/optos. Will try to capture it on video so you guys can see what I mean (and if I´m correct in thinking something´s not right).

#4594 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Never mind. Found the topper wiring. Thanks!

Pics or it didn´t happen

#4595 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Pics or it didn´t happen

2143B294-0FED-411C-A3A6-12F67A574D0A (resized).jpeg2143B294-0FED-411C-A3A6-12F67A574D0A (resized).jpeg
#4596 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

It does seem to be ball related. I tried with new balls in test mode and it worked flawlessly. When going back to the old (low-magnetic) ones which I´ve used for maybe 60 games, it started acting strange again. So I put in the new ones and it seem to be working. So it might be that balls that are magnetized makes the magnet disfunction.

Excellent! My balls were sticking in the trough and not releasing when the magnet went off too which made me realise just how badly they were magnetised. Glad it was a simple fix.

#4597 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

The pic will be from the current game, nothing is saved game to game.

#4598 5 years ago

I just watched a video of someone beating Showdown. So, it looks like it is you vs. DIE, and you both have health meters. I guess you have to hit the jackpots to reduce their health meter before their attacks reduce yours. That's pretty cool. I was disappointed though that when the person won, there was no fanfare or celebration. It just went back to normal game play with the balls that were left still in play. Perhaps the video I saw was early code. Does anyone know? If it is current code, I really hope they add in some celebratory animations at the end. Something like what happens when you melt the witch on WOZ. Not that I'll ever see it, but if I do, and if I beat Showdown, I want a celelbration. And it better be good!

#4599 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I just watched a video of someone beating Showdown. So, it looks like it is you vs. DIE, and you both have health meters. I guess you have to hit the jackpots to reduce their health meter before their attacks reduce yours. That's pretty cool. I was disappointed though that when the person won, there was no fanfare or celebration. It just went back to normal game play with the balls that were left still in play. Perhaps the video I saw was early code. Does anyone know? If it is current code, I really hope they add in some celebratory animations at the end. Something like what happens when you melt the witch on WOZ. Not that I'll ever see it, but if I do, and if I beat Showdown, I want a celelbration. And it better be good!

If you watched the video with Joe shooting ( Joe had a green hat on ) that was from July of 2017, v1.52 dropped in Oct of 2017 so there might have been more code added since that that video of the wizard mode.

#4600 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

If you watched the video with Joe shooting ( Joe had a green hat on ) that was from July of 2017, v1.52 dropped in Oct of 2017 so there might have been more code added since that that video of the wizard mode.

Current code is 1.52 so I guess that’s what we have so far. Maybe the next update will add something to it. They are adding a whole new MB after all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/92?hl=nameim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.