IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 273.
#4501 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Never had this happen before. The ball got stuck somehow behind the phone and I had to take off the playglass to get to it. Hope that doesnt happen again.

#4502 5 years ago

I was thinking this weekend that the overcharge feature on mode start is really cool, and think it would be neat to bring the idea to Big Bang as well. A concept of overcharging Big Bang into a "Bigger Bang" and "Biggest Bang" - perhaps with a percentage increase on score collect if you can avoid hitting the target...

Just an idea to throw out there

#4503 5 years ago

I don't know the mode shot sequences that well. I wish it would tell you a little quicker what the next shot is. ex If I shoot the left ramp, it would be nice if the callout for the next shot was before it makes it back to the flipper.

#4504 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I don't know the mode shot sequences that well. I wish it would tell you a little quicker what the next shot is. ex If I shoot the left ramp, it would be nice if the callout for the next shot was before it makes it back to the flipper.

the next available shot, or shots, lights right away color changing. For combos, they light immediately in white.

#4505 5 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

I was thinking this weekend that the overcharge feature on mode start is really cool, and think it would be neat to bring the idea to Big Bang as well. A concept of overcharging Big Bang into a "Bigger Bang" and "Biggest Bang" - perhaps with a percentage increase on score collect if you can avoid hitting the target...
Just an idea to throw out there

big bang already has that. you always complete the mode on a lit big bang shot. you only get multiplied values on the shots you really completed before the big bang target though. So if you start a mode and hit big bang right away even with 5 sim cards collected you get the normal score for completion. If you made 2 shots then hit big bang with 5 sims collected. you'd get 5x for the points for the 2 shots you made and base value for the big bang collected ones.

#4506 5 years ago

I waxed my playing field two days ago,and I checked the balls yesterday,and they look fine,as far as having no pitting or chips.My game has about 400 plays on it,but very short plays,I might add, I'm not very good,but I'm still having a lot of fun! I just received some balls from The Pinball Wizard,and I'll replace the ones in my game when I see any problems arise.
One more thing,I order some flipper springs from the them,are these okay for my Dialed In ? http://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=384 . They weren't expensive,and if they're not the right ones,it's no big deal.I figured since I had to order balls,I might as well prepare for a busted spring sometime down the road. Sorry for the beginners question .

#4507 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

,I order some flipper springs from the them,are these okay for my Dialed In ?

Drop target springs. Those are usually different and won't work.

You can try them. Won't hurt anything.

LTG : )

#4508 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Drop target springs. Those are usually different and won't work.
You can try them. Won't hurt anything.

Thanks,maybe I'll buy a machine that these will fit in.That way,the $2.25 I spent on them won't go to waste.

#4509 5 years ago

Does anyone know when new code will come.. Running 1.52, I heard new code/bug fixes was comming last month.. not sure where from..

Also 1 LED on my phone is out.. new phone or just an LED board?

Thanks

#4510 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Does anyone know when new code will come.. Running 1.52, I heard new code/bug fixes was comming last month.. not sure where from..
Also 1 LED on my phone is out.. new phone or just an LED board?
Thanks

JJP said new code is coming. they never said when. So thats up in the air. Do you actually have an LED out. there are 1 or 2 near the corners that can look out because they are blocked internally by the phone structure.

#4511 5 years ago

The LED is on, but very dim compared to the others.. It is a recent thing as when I read about others phone issues months ago. I went and checked mine

#4512 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

you only get multiplied values on the shots you really completed before the big bang target though. So if you start a mode and hit big bang right away even with 5 sim cards collected you get the normal score for completion. If you made 2 shots then hit big bang with 5 sims collected. you'd get 5x for the points for the 2 shots you made and base value for the big bang collected ones.

That's disappointing to learn but good to know.

#4513 5 years ago

Is it just me, or is it exceptionally difficult to complete B.O.B multiballs to get SIMs?

I've reached Armageddon 3-4 times, I've been two SIMs away from Showdown, but I swear I think I've only ever collected one SIM from B.O.B.

I actually haven't even taken down the default score for Monkey Wrench and Drone!

#4514 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is it just me, or is it exceptionally difficult to complete B.O.B multiballs to get SIMs?
I've reached Armageddon 3-4 times, I've been two SIMs away from Showdown, but I swear I think I've only ever collected one SIM from B.O.B.
I actually haven't even taken down the default score for Monkey Wrench and Drone!

I find drone to be very difficult. High voltage is probably the easiest, and I’ve completed it. Monkey Wrench is probably in the middle since the left ramp is fairly easy to hit, and you just need to get lucky with the timing.

#4515 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

More
JJP said new code is coming. they never said when. So thats up in the air. Do you actually have an LED out. there are 1 or 2 near the corners that can look out because they are blocked internally by the phone structure.

Correct. One of my leds is blocked by a wide cable making it dim.

#4516 5 years ago

Just starting to explore my DILE. So far, loving it. Mine was made in March this year so not really sure if I have the JJP protectors or true Cliffy's installed. The phone shot is pretty reliable but I have a terrible time hitting the SIM shot. Honestly, all the shots off the upper flipper I find very difficult. I very rarely hit the inner ramp when trying and don't think I've hit the SIM shot once when actually trying off the upper flipper. To my viewpoint, it looks like weird angles to those shots and the SIM has those posts on either side.

Any suggestions besides just continued practice?

#4517 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just starting to explore my DILE. So far, loving it. Mine was made in March this year so not really sure if I have the JJP protectors or true Cliffy's installed. The phone shot is pretty reliable but I have a terrible time hitting the SIM shot. Honestly, all the shots off the upper flipper I find very difficult. I very rarely hit the inner ramp when trying and don't think I've hit the SIM shot once when actually trying off the upper flipper. To my viewpoint, it looks like weird angles to those shots and the SIM has those posts on either side.

Try playing around with your upper flipper strength.

#4518 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

More
Try playing around with your upper flipper strength.

I was able to hit the upper ramp pretty well, but after turning up the power a bit, it's very consistent. Even making more SIM shots than before.

Also turned up the power on the two main flippers a bit, and all shots feel better.

#4519 5 years ago

I've had the factory protectors and the Cliffy's on the SIM hole - both of them make that shot nearly impossible. Now I'm riding bareback and I can hit that shot about 20% of the time (which is AWESOME). Mylar the heck out of it - even so, you'll probably chip the area south of the hole.

It's worth it, though. That hole wasn't designed for protection.

#4520 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

..Now I'm riding bareback..

Ha!

#4521 5 years ago

I´m having some issues with the theatre magnet. It stopped tossing the ball correctly, just a weak little push upwards and the ball would fall down. When testing it in settings, it started working correctly but after a few more tests it now constantly signals error and "cooling down" when testing it - even after restarting the pin. Any ideas? I recently removed the magnet when removing the mylar - could I have re-installed it the wrong way?

#4522 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I´m having some issues with the theatre magnet. It stopped tossing the ball correctly, just a weak little push upwards and the ball would fall down. When testing it in settings, it started working correctly but after a few more tests it now constantly signals error and "cooling down" when testing it - even after restarting the pin. Any ideas? I recently removed the magnet when removing the mylar - could I have re-installed it the wrong way?

go into your settings, magnet settings and increase the -80 to like -100 or -110 and try it in test mode.

#4523 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

More
go into your settings, magnet settings and increase the -80 to like -100 or -110 and try it in test mode.

That's what I did and it started working for a short while, then it stopped working saying "cooling down" whatever the setting.

#4524 5 years ago

You have the true cliffys. You can exercise some strategies to get the SIM card. It is hard to hit straight on. One strategy is to start a MB when it is lit to get a better chance of having the ball go in randomly. Or you can play a mode like meteor where you are shooting the standups to try to get the ball to bounce in. I also find that I can hit it every so often from the upper flipper, so going after the theater shot to the upper flipper is good as you will eventually nail it.

#4525 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

More More
You have the true cliffys. You can exercise some strategies to get the SIM card. It is hard to hit straight on. One strategy is to start a MB when it is lit to get a better chance of having the ball go in randomly. Or you can play a mode like meteor where you are shooting the standups to try to get the ball to bounce in. I also find that I can hit it every so often from the upper flipper, so going after the theater shot to the upper flipper is good as you will eventually nail it.

Thanks. Good to know I have the real Cliffy’s. Guess I just need to “work” on it. I just wish all work was this much fun.

#4526 5 years ago

Ok, I was a little slow to realize this, but I just caught on to all the modern physics puns. I’m kind of geeking out about it. Quantum Mechanic. Schroedingers cash. The creators are defintiely having a bit of physics fun.

#4527 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ok, I was a little slow to realize this, but I just caught on to all the modern physics puns. I’m kind of geeking out about it. Quantum Mechanic. Schroedingers cash. The creators are defintiely having a bit of physics fun.

Big Bang, sure sounds like they are fans of physics or The Big Bang Theory show

#4528 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

this pin is awesome all the way around.

I was saying on another thread that DI is kind of funny like that old movie 'Dr Strangelove' (one of the best comedies ever imo).

This pin (like that movie was not meant to be taken seriously, you are not worried about people getting killed in disasters it's light hearted fun not dead serious).

From Dr Strangelove we have characters like: General Jack D. Ripper.

And quotes like "You can't fight in here, this is the war room!" and "Well boys, I reckon this is it: nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Russkies."

The doomsday machine.

#4529 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yep it seems like each extra hit will raise the battery by 10% and the points will be raised accordingly. So if your phone battery is 150% the points should be 1.5x the normal value.
But when you drain (before starting a mode) it will reset to 100% although I'm not sure if there is a setting to keep that value.

rai

I did not know this! Thank you for the helpful tip!

In regards to the scoring, I found that it doesn't go up by percentage points, but it goes up 1,000 points per shot, per extra 10% of charge you add. Example - Meteor Shower mode at 100% charge, the first shot is 6,000 points. If you charge the phone to let's say 170% before the mod, you would add 7,000 points to that first shot and now it's worth 13,000 points.

Max charge is 200%.

What excites me about your tip, it changes the dynamic of the game. Do you gamble and run up the charge, hopeful it doesn't drain before starting the mode? Do you do it for some modes and not others? Do you wait to gather a few sim cards before running up the charge?

#4530 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

this pin is awesome all the way around.
I was saying on another thread that DI is kind of funny like that old movie 'Dr Strangelove' (one of the best comedies ever imo).
This pin (like that movie was not meant to be taken seriously, you are not worried about people getting killed in disasters it's light hearted fun not dead serious).
From Dr Strangelove we have characters like: General Jack D. Ripper.
And quotes like "You can't fight in here, this is the war room!" and "Well boys, I reckon this is it: nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Russkies."
The doomsday machine.

Maybe after JJP does Willie Wonka with Gene Wilder, they can do a Peter Sellers pin. Dr. Strangelove? Pink Panther?

#4531 5 years ago

Anyone in Sydney or near snouts want to sell one of these?

#4532 5 years ago

Regarding ball getting stuck behind phone. There is a clear plastic behind the phone that on mine was sticking out to the right of the phone. It must be intended to stop this issue. I found that I could bend it back, just behind the phone and catch it on a mounting bolt. I can’t see how a ball could get back there any more.
Another issue was the ball not launching out of the phone VUK properly. Played with the solenoid settings, turns out it was hitting the ramp in front of it. Bent the metal guide down just a bit and reset coil to factory 20. Works like my AFMr now. Photo of clear plastic behind phone just clipped behind bolt.

20BF5B54-4956-4C93-B98D-41DF01EE4A1E (resized).jpeg20BF5B54-4956-4C93-B98D-41DF01EE4A1E (resized).jpeg
#4533 5 years ago

Did some more testing on my theatre magnet today. In settings, it works a couple of times before returning to "cooling down" and not working anymore (regardless of value -80 to -120). Anyone else experience the same thing while testing in settings?

The magnet is flush with the playfield. My installation looks like attached photo, anything strange about it?
2018-06-13 17.13.59 (resized).jpg2018-06-13 17.13.59 (resized).jpg

#4534 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

anything strange about it?

No.

Just to keep ruling things out. Please remove the three screws, lower the magnet, flip it over. Then reattach it. Shouldn't make a difference, but I want to be sure.

#4535 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Did some more testing on my theatre magnet today. In settings, it works a couple of times before returning to "cooling down" and not working anymore (regardless of value -80 to -120). Anyone else experience the same thing while testing in settings?
The magnet is flush with the playfield. My installation looks like attached photo, anything strange about it?

Unplug that plug in the foreground with the two black wires coming from the magnet coil and check the resistance of the magnet coil with a multimeter set to the Ohm setting. Sounds like you may have a failing coil.

#4536 5 years ago

Unlike in game play, in test mode that magnet is grabbing every ball you toss up there to test so that coil will get hot pretty dam quick and needs to cool down. Let it cool toss it in 2-3 times and if it is working fine then exit the settings and play a game and see how it responds.

#4537 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That's disappointing to learn but good to know.

why would a great risk/reward option be disappointing?

#4538 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

why would a great risk/reward option be disappointing?

It’s just disappointing in the fact that I thought I was getting a ton of multiplied points by hitting Big Bang when in fact I wasn’t. But, you are right. It increases the risk/reward aspects of the game, and that makes things more interesting.

#4539 5 years ago

My new Selfie Mode record = 139. Got it during multiball today. Camera was going crazy.

#4540 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

It’s just disappointing in the fact that I thought I was getting a ton of multiplied points by hitting Big Bang when in fact I wasn’t. But, you are right. It increases the risk/reward aspects of the game, and that makes things more interesting.

Oh ok, but you still get any you actually completed multiplied, and you light a sim to collect which further increases multipliers down the line.

#4541 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:My new Selfie Mode record = 139. Got it during multiball today. Camera was going crazy.

Big deal. My teenagers take at least that many daily

Seriously though, that must have been pretty funny. I find I look stupid pretty much on all the selfies.

On a kind of similar note, I LOVED the D'Oh! mode on TSPP during in a similar fashion.

#4542 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I am having the exact same problem as you. It used to work fine but no more. One thing I have found is the balls I have which are not supposed to get magnetised are and really quickly too. I have paused diagnosing until I can get a set of good ones.

#4543 5 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I am having the exact same problem as you. It used to work fine but no more. One thing I have found is the balls I have which are not supposed to get magnetised are and really quickly too. I have paused diagnosing until I can get a set of good ones.

I´m a bit confused. Played tonight and the magnet worked fine during play. Didn´t have the time to play very long though so have to do further tests. Maybe the magnet can get over-heated as suggested above?

#4544 5 years ago

On to my next problem: When playing lately, I get balls locked (for multiball) without actually shooting them into the lock at Bobs/Station 3. When playing and the "Lock is lit" callout comes, it immediately goes to "Ball 1 locked" when the ball actually is on another place on the playfield. What can the reason for this be? Opto issue?

#4545 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

What can the reason for this be?

Switch not working right.

#4546 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Switch not working right.

Or hes getting it to lock at the crazy bobs which does happen at certain game points.

#4547 5 years ago

So this just happened . . .
I love the animation when this mode starts.

#4548 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

So this just happened . . .
I love the animation when this mode starts.

Nice! So, what's the plot for Showdown? It looks like you are fighting against DIE itself.

#4549 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Nice! So, what's the plot for Showdown? It looks like you are fighting against DIE itself.

That’s it. It’s attacking your flippers and you are shooting the ramps and loops. If you hit the phone it tells you (verbally) where D.I.E’s current weak spot shot is. You remove D.I.E's life meter by hitting the ramps and loops and you lose life when you drain balls. This continues until either your or D.I.E's life meter goes empty.

I always wondered what the graphics are that wrap around the sides and bottom of the video screen on the backglass. It’s the surrounding scene for the room at the top of the tower during the showdown mode. (Mine is lit from behind)
82081BD5-DFA2-44AD-BB33-7DA6DE138403 (resized).jpeg82081BD5-DFA2-44AD-BB33-7DA6DE138403 (resized).jpeg

#4550 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I always wondered what the graphics are that wrap around the outside of the video screen on the backglass. If you look at the video above, you’ll see that it’s the surrounding scene for the room at the top of the tower during the showdown mode.

That's really slick. That's the kind of touch you might expect out of some kind of veteran dream-team of pinball designers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/91?hl=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.